This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

326 days 16 hours ago
Ajathekween
Doja Cat:

1920’s Hollywood. The famous Jazz Singer Jessie had it all. The perfect house, the perfect career, the old Hollywood life. Jessie was a gifted little singer and a gorgeous girl. In fact, she was the it girl in the public eye. Attending every party, or other A-List events seen with the most eligible bachelors. Her career and beauty and elegance was what everyone wants and everyone would kill to have.

In this photo I am serving old Hollywood Glamour. I think it’s the most elegant I have ever look. I love being rich for a photoshoot.

https://voguesg.s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/29182941/DOJA_CAT_VOGUESG_ONLINE2.jpg

Continuation

Choice A: Jessie is then caught in a scandal with her longtime lover and she begins to lose everything

Choice B: A feeek accident happens at Jessie’s live performance and will put her out of the biz and into a mental spiral.
326 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
^I let Doja re-post to avoid confusion since I haven't finished posting the examples.
326 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
ANNOUNCEMENT:

^Considering this is the first time we will do the photoshoot, upon the nature of the new twist added to the challenge. I've consulted with my co-judges who have shared the same sentiments, it's been decided that the deadline shall be changed to 36 hours.
326 days 14 hours ago
SeongWoo
Jackson Yee

Choice B: A feeek accident happens at Jessie’s live performance and will put her out of the biz and into a mental spiral.

Continuation...

https://i.imgur.com/2AWpIMb.png (For this Shot i am giving the figures/"ghosts" that sent Jessie to the old past)

Outside of Show Business, Jessie finds herself constantly seeing figures that hark back to her past stories and messing with her head. Images that portray her sad moments. What messed with your head the most was:

Choice A - The pictures of Jessie's life in the countryside, where Jessie only dreamed of its current conquered life.

Choice B - The dark period when Jessie lived in an orphanage and suffered physical abuse from the leaders of that place.
326 days 12 hours ago
Delano
Anja Rubik

Choice B - The dark period when Jessie lived in a orphanage and suffered physical abuse from the leaders of that place.

Continuation…

Photoshoot: https://imgur.com/a/iSjgZSr

For this shot, I am demonstrating the sadness that Jessie felt in the orphanage due to the fact that she dealt with abuse and other heavy situations. I'm bringing clothes with more light colors, because the focus of this shot is the look. The sadness of someone who has gone through difficult times, but who still has a little hope.

The images from the past that tormented Jessie were about the abuses and her time in the orphanage. Even with fame and an incredible career, the problems would no longer be just thoughts. She would face:

Choice A: One of the former owners of the orphanage and responsible for Jessie's abuses appears again in her life, involving her in controversies with the public eye.

Choice B: due to problems with continuous and bad thoughts, Jessie would face a strong crisis, requiring an escape from the spotlight, becoming reclusive in a distant environment.
326 days 10 hours ago
LaCroix
Simon Nessman

Choice B: due to problems with continuous and bad thoughts, Jessie would face a strong crisis, requiring an escape from the spotlight, becoming reclusive in a distant environment.

Continuation......

https://fuckingyoung.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/simon1.jpg

I feel this image reflects the calmness of being in solitude. An escape from the world in a natural environment.

As Jessie found herself away from the public eye and alone in a place where nobody could find her. She was able to spend the time away thinking about what she should do with her future.

Choice A: Does Jessie remain in solitude away from the spotlight and live a quiet, peaceful life?

Choice B: Does Jessie find the courage to face her past and return to the spotlight to conquer her demons?
326 days 8 hours ago
camell22
Woobin

Choice B: Does Jessie find the courage to face her past and return to the spotlight to conquer her demons?

Continuation......

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/26/3c/41/263c41f9595d4599b5295a6a4fb7f438.jpg

I feel like with this image you can sense the determination in this type of situation. instead of just waiting I think this really captures getting up and doing something, seeking for answers.

-
After Jessie had the time to recoil and collected themselves, they go back into town looking for answers. Any building, any event, anything at all to squash this problem once and for all.

Choice A: Jessie finds a flier to a fancy masquerade party where they know that they can blend into the crowd to find any dirt about the people who abused her because they're the ones throwing the party.

Choice B: Jessie sneaks into a get-fancy-together event at the park to eavesdrop on anything useful to take those people down.
325 days 20 hours ago
Minie
V

Choice A: Jessie finds a flier to a fancy masquerade party where they know that they can blend into the crowd to find any dirt about the people who abused her because they're the ones throwing the party.

Continuation….

https://imgur.com/a/BlWvYvT

At the party, Jessie has caught heir ex manager conversing with one of their past abusers and came to find out that they planned the incident that caused their unfortunate downfall. In fact, They were laughing about Jessie and glorifying the success of the plan.

Feeling betrayed by their ex manager, Jessie waits for a chance to be alone with them and stabs them with a broken bottle, leaving blood stains all over their shirt, showing no remorse about the murder they have committed.

Choices

A/ Is Jessie going to confess to their crime to face the repercussions of taking a human life?
B/ Is Jessie going to go on the run and remain low key for a while and plan their next move?
325 days 20 hours ago
Rubes
~ Rianne Van Rompaey ~

B/ Is Jessie going to go on the run and remain low key for a while and plan their next move?

Continuation…

https://static.kendam.com/photos/full/61a05fb31bc8d8062000b9473eb39dc5_2989.jpg

Jessie looks for a whole day and finally finds an abandoned shed to stay low-key for a while. She comes up with millions of different plans of how she can get back out there with no suspicion aimed at her. She finally comes up with a plan to blame it all on on of her past abusers who was also at the party.

However, as Jessie goes to the police station, a report has already been filed in accusing Jessie of the murder of her ex manager.

Choice A: Jessie bursts out crying, gives in and finally confesses to the murder of her ex manager…

Choice B: Jessie fights for her life and accuses her abuser, if she goes down…he goes down with her…
325 days 16 hours ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-

Choice B: Jessie fights for her life and accuses her abuser, if she goes down…he goes down with her

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6CE_6o7TdFA/UoUQgtVtWaI/AAAAAAAAMqQ/ytZyoEXCVeI/s1600/Liu.jpg

(This photo is to show Jessie finally having some semblance of power over the people that have controlled/tormented their life)

Jessie goes to court and is able to prove their story of the events that happened and the abuse that happened that caused them to break and strike back. Their tormentors go to jail, and they get a reduced sentence on their murder charge, which is now labeled as self defense. After jail Jessie decides to…

Choice A: become a recluse from society, abandoning the life they had led for good.

Choice B: reintroduce themselves back into the industry, but this time as a producer who signs people, so they don’t ever have to go through what they had to.
325 days 12 hours ago
humanwebjet1
~ Du Juan ~

Choice A: Become a recluse from society, abandoning the life they had led for good.

After successfully exposing her past abusers and attaining justice through the legal system, Jessie found herself standing at a crossroads in her life. The harrowing experiences she had endured had taken a toll on her spirit, and she longed for solace and a fresh start. With a heavy heart, she made the difficult decision to leave behind the glitz and glamour of her old Hollywood life, opting to become a recluse from society. Jessie sought refuge in a secluded cabin nestled deep within a serene forest. Surrounded by nature's tranquility, she found solace in the whispers of the wind and the gentle melodies of birdsong. The seclusion allowed her to heal and find inner peace, away from the prying eyes of the world that had once worshipped her.

In the quiet solitude, she discovered a newfound depth in her artistic expressions, as her pain transformed into poignant stories and ethereal melodies. Over time, news of Jessie's withdrawal from the spotlight spread, igniting curiosity and intrigue among her fans and admirers. People wondered about the whereabouts of the enigmatic Jazz Singer, and rumors and speculations swirled through Hollywood. Some believed she had succumbed to her inner demons, while others speculated that she was preparing for a grand comeback.

But Jessie paid no heed to the outside world. She had found contentment in her seclusion, basking in the freedom to create without the pressures and expectations of fame. Her art became her voice, and her music became a healing balm not only for herself but for others who stumbled upon her secluded abode. As the years went by, Jessie's reclusive life became an enigmatic legend, whispered among those who sought inspiration and a glimpse of the enigmatic Jazz Singer. Many attempted to reach her cabin, drawn by the allure of her captivating artistry and the tales of her tumultuous past. However, the path to her sanctuary remained shrouded, hidden away from the prying eyes of the world.

And so, Jessie's reclusive life became her final act of liberation—a testament to her strength and the triumph of the human spirit. In the annals of Hollywood's history, she remained an enigma, forever etched as the Jazz Singer who had once captivated the world, only to disappear into the embrace of her own secluded sanctuary.

THE END!

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55f45174e4b0fb5d95b07f39/1681481820564-3XT99S2QX8UJC7ZTTTF6/Du-Juan-by-Liu-Song-T-Magazine-China-April-2023-00007.jpg?format=2500w

In this shot I wanted to bring on intensity to give off that piercing soul touching gaze. The deliberate use of blue and red hues creates a striking visual contrast, mirroring the duality of Jessie's past experiences and her journey towards redemption. By intentionally overusing blue and red, the photo embodies the complexity of Jessie's past, her resilience, and her eventual triumph. It's a visual representation of the dichotomy between darkness and hope, as she navigated through the shadows of her past to find a glimmer of light and strength within herself. With this shot I hope to portray Jessie's inner strength and the emotional depth she carried.
325 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
324 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
Panel tonight at 6PM EST
323 days 23 hours ago
IceBear
Jude Reece’s Comments:

Doja - There was a big advantage for whoever went first and you were quick to seize that opportunity. The dress definitely fits the 1920s and the outer layer is adds an extra layer of glam to this look. Your pose helps add personality to this “Jessie” character. Amazing job setting the tone for this story!

Jackson - I liked how you didn’t let the ghosts theme overpower the shot. You remain the focal point while adding an additional lighting element that makes me believe your past is haunting you. Even though the prompt asked to portray a freak accident, you covered the mental hardship side to get a pass from me. The story is still early on so I think you did enough to set up ominous overtones without going over the top.

Anja - I’m pleased about your interpretation with such a delicate prompt. You expressed vulnerability while still serving us high fashion. I agree that your body language appears fearful and worried, but the bright colors do give off a lighter/hopeful outlook. You did a great job giving a backstory for Jessie!

Simon - I’m a fan of your portrayal today. You made a bunch of smart small decisions that help formulate an isolated environment for you to find peace. The black + white colors and natural environment smoothly convey that Jessie is embracing nature trying to find a new direction for themself. Your pondering look sells your story for me. Well done!

Woobin - You radiate that “I don’t give a f*ck” energy and it works here. You’re walking in front of a moving train and still serving attitude. It seems like you’re building toward something climatic, but you still shine in your moment.

V - I thought a masquerade photoshoot was the tougher option but you came out swinging! Your caption gives your blood stained shirt and jacket purpose and it adds an intriguing layer to Jessie’s story. There is always a risk posting only your upper half, but I don’t mind it this time since you’ve captured so much action with precise and intriguing choices. You’ve made this the climax of the story and owned every bit of it!

Rianne - This is such a good look for a story! The messy hair in addition to your concerned look make me believe you’re on the run while still being able to model in a high fashion. I would have liked it if your caption incorporated the motorcycle somehow. You are killing the girl on the run look and I’m all for it!

Liu - Thanks for confirming no animals were hurt in the making of this photo! I understand the crocodile is supposed to be symbolic, but it’s hard to ignore the animal for what it is. It doesn’t come up at all in your explanation or any part of the story, leading to a very distracting element. Your left arm is positioned a bit awkwardly, but the rest of you looks powerful, especially in that outfit.

Du - First off I loved the character growth you gave Jessie, from living in the public eye trying to impress everyone to now earning everyone’s attention by living in seclusion in a healthy, stable environment. Given this plot development, your version of Jessie should look completely different from the original post and you’ve done just that. Jessie looks like a shell of her former self, but she is now stronger, experienced, and at peace. I’m not the biggest fan of your pose, but the lighting contrast of blue + red does save you a bit.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!