This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

335 days ago
SeongWoo
Judges, Doja wrote "A feeek accident"
English is NOT my first language. I USE THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR SOMETIMES!

Using the translator it was translated to a "little accident". So well, its not my fault that i didnt knew it was FREAK instead.

My shot was inspired in the consequences of the accident btw, not the accident itself.
334 days 20 hours ago
Russell11
Judge Jhona’s Comments:

Doja
I love this photo of you. It’s giving elegance, it’s giving glamour, I almost can’t believe this isn’t a jazz singer from the 20’s. Just the pose, the outfit and the whole aesthetic of the photo is just perfect for what you were trying to portray. I do feel like whoever goes first in these kind of photoshoots has an advantage because they could literally start the story however they want, but you definitely made use of that advantage and I think this is an amazing photo.

Jackson
I’m not gonna lie, I really like this photo. I’m loving the whole dark vibe of it all, it definitely encapsulates the tragedy and despair that Jessie is probably going through. And also, even though I can’t see your whole face I still think it works because what we do see on your face is like sadness. I don’t know, this photo just looks depressing as fuck which is perfect for this scenario so I definitely think you understood the assignment.

Anja
So I will say you look so gorgeous in this. The outfit, the hair, and the way the light just shines on you so perfectly is just amazing. And I can see on your face just how worried any child, or person for that matter, would feel when faced with abuse so that part I do like. However, this photo being so bright just kind of throws me off a bit because it’s a completely different tone than what is going on in your story. And I know what you were going for, I just don’t think there’s enough of a balance for it to work.

Simon
Another very handsome photo from Simon, and that jawline is definitely jawlining. Hmm, this is an okay photo to be honest. This does look like a person who is enjoying the calmness and the solitude of being away from the spotlight, but I don’t know, I wish I got a little bit more from you this week. Also, the backdrop and the lack of color works very well for what you’re going for, but then again I just wish I would’ve seen a little more from you.

Woobin
Not the moving train behind you I-
But in all seriousness, I can see the determination in your eyes in this photo. I can feel the determination radiating from this photo, this photo makes me want to get up and find answers too. For what? I don’t know but that’s just how determined you look. However, I do wish this was a little bit more modelesque because this could easily just be like paparazzi taking pictures of someone walking down the street, but other than that this isn’t too bad.

V
You just look like you’re straight up ready to kill someone…….or seduce someone, either way I like it and I think it’s intriguing. This photo really portrays just how dark Jessie has become and I think it works, and the mask really just adds that extra bit of scandalousness that this photo needed. Good job!

Rianne
This looks like a scene out of a movie which is a good thing of course. This photo is a good portrayal of showing what Jessie’s going through at the moment. You can see the desperation on her face because she’s literally on the run for murder. I don’t know, I really like this photo because unlike some of the others, you literally look like you’re in the act of doing what Jessie was doing in the story and I really like that.

Liu
You look so powerful, you look so stunning, you’re stepping on a crocodile, ugh I love it. Is you stepping on the crocodile a metaphor for Jessie’s victory over abusers? PROBABLY NOT BUT I STILL LOVE IT. From the wind blowing in your hair to your pose, this is just giving ultimate #girlboss and this photo is just overall empowering, I feel empowered just looking at it.

Juan
Wow, so well spoken. So incredibly elaborate. You should be a writer and I’m honestly not even joking. I like this photo, I can kind of feel the peace and serenity that Jessie has finally been able to attain from all the trials in her life. I also loved how you interpreted the colors you used to more than one meaning. Jessie’s been through a lot and you can see that even in this photo, like this girl is over it, she’s done with everyone and she’s ready to move on. I love it!
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Doja - I believe what my co-judges' statement about being able to pick first, to start the story is an advantage in itself already. I loved how you started the story because it was not too limiting. Now, for your shot, I must say I am impressed. Definitely felt very expensive and regal. You explained the character enough and it all translated easily in your photo.

Jackson - I like this shot as well. Another smart portrayal, I believe. There were three elements in this shot, it was you and the 2 shadows that were cast. You portraying your current self, the bigger shadow posting as your ghost of the past, and very interesting how the left shadow is reflecting differently.

Anja - Definitely one of the best shots I've seen you by far. While this was a very lively color, it really did fit your overall look. You had played a different grief to those before you and also did it very smartly, and your own way. I wasn't the biggest fan of the big light just striking in the background but it did work on really bringing hope in itself.

Simon - I actually liked how this photo is in black and white, really did manage to up the "calmness" you were going for. Now, was this shot enough to convince me? While you did manage to hit what you were going far, overall I just felt like you could have given us a bit more.
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Woobin - This definitely is one of your better shots. I love how this is very contrasting with Simon's shot, the colors are popping, and felt like you're getting back at the game of life. While in the previous themes, you understood the theme but gave a lacking shot, this week I felt like you manage to hit both.

V - You gave us the climax of the story, so in itself was a very risky move. That profile though, again very stunning you know your way with the cameras. You captured the darkness and evil the story needed with very little to work with - considering this wasn't a full-body shot. Great job!

Rianne - Oh this was a great turnaround, almost did not recognize you here. A nice touch to the story, you looking out of place, desperate for hope. And the whole outfit, I am digging it - you are selling everything even the motorcycle. Overall, this was a standout for me tonight.

Liu - First of all, I did like your choice of how the story will commence. I see what you did here metaphorically, the execution is what I am not a very big fan of. It's kinda where all the elements didn't go well together. I would agree, that the hand positioning was a bit awkward. Nevertheless, that striking eyes really resemble power.

Juan - What a way to end the story. Now, I believe that was a read, but looking at your shot.. It does make me wonder how it did really come to this, which is really smart. The contrasting colors really give this photo a whole new experience. While this wasn't as strong as your previous' ones, this felt more memorable.
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Panel in a few minutes.
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
If you are here already, do not hesitate to join in.
334 days 19 hours ago
Ajathekween
💗💗💗
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
We shall start.
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Judge Malaika have sent their scores and will give her comments at the end of the panel.
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get are based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) = TOTAL
334 days 19 hours ago
humanwebjet1
*waves and joins the line-up*
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Let's give a big thanks to our guest judge this week, Jhona!
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
I have 9 models standing before me, but I only have 8 photos in my hands, and these photos represent the 8 of you that will still be in the running toward becoming the Next Top Model.
334 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
THE BEST PHOTO OF THE WEEK GOES TO.....

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!