This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

324 days 16 hours ago
Minie
So which judge didn’t give comments? Just curious who was the 4th to rank us
324 days 16 hours ago
Minie
Oh nvm
324 days 6 hours ago
spinfur
Alright again sorry for the late comments however a lot of things were happening in my personal life and I just got back onto my computer, I still want to offer my critiques though.

(Also so happy to see this challenge return since I remember winning it on my debut season as a user)

Doja - Doja honestly you started off the story really well, you were giving us backstory, you were setting up the character, and you gave us an aesthetic that you knew you could rock! I absolutely loved everything you were aiming for, as for the photo it is simple in terms of what you set yourself up for, the old hollywood glamor is there and really beautiful, I just feel you needed more elements, I want to challenge you to do more than modeling clothes, have a fancy background, give us a story with a setting, a place, a time, something around that course of work. I also think you could have done more with your head, maybe another accessory or perhaps a bit of hair to show flowing down, or something added to it since your outfit is just gorgeous.

Jackson - I know you said English isn't your first language, and I know Doja typo’ed and said feeek instead of freak however I don’t have this background knowledge when I judge your photo, so keep this in mind. When I look at your submission it seems like there’s really no connection and you just took the story in another direction even with Doja’s instructions to prompt you for the next challenge. That’s my biggest nitpick regarding the story but since as stated before this isn’t a writing competition, I’m not gonna weigh the score so heavily against that, The photo itself as you describe, I wish it was just a bit more eerie and haunting, like the emotion you’re giving is spot on for what you right, the I do love the shadow I just wish it were more prominent as if it were judging you using the metaphor of the past. I think also the light covered your face a bit so you kinda blended in, overall I just wish the photo brought more intensity.

Anja - ANJA|!!!! This is by far my FAVORITE photo of yours, and you honestly keep surprising me with how much you are serving recently, like the other judges may not see it but the way you said that you’re reflecting time in Jessie’s orphanage, and just the whole thing, I see you reflecting as an adult but also with how your posed and the bright colors I could also see this as sorta a nod to those younger days. It just screams youthful nature in this photo, like this almost got a perfect score from me however there’s just one thing I really needed to critique, and it’s your face, It’s seems with the lighting straight on it, i think it blurs your face a bit or I don’t know just the area around your face seems blurry to me but overall really good job this week!

Simon - Now I do want to add that the judges don’t hate you and I don’t know where you got that notion, however what I’m seeing in this photo is basically the same thing you kinda just gave us last episode. It’s you staring out into nature with the sea behind you, we’ve seen it before, and it’s honestly basic. Like there isn’t anything complex with this photo that I could relate to the story, there isn’t any element and all your explanation that was given is calmness which… you could have added more details I mean look at the paragraphs upon paragraphs Juan wrote for this challenge alone, I’m not expecting you to do that but I just expect you to put into a bit more effort with presentation, and who knows as you write you may actually have a better photo that works out and can get you further. I think we story based challenges need a strong photo that helps give us a picture to this story, and this was not it.

Woobin - I’m so happy to see you’re improving, however you GOT to see if there’s any picture bigger or of better quality then the smaller stuff you're sending because at face value the quality is not the greatest and I think that’s what is killing you. Try reverse google searching your image, and searching for larger sizes because I think had this photo become more clearer you would rank higher. Overall though I’m really pleased with this as you’re taking this city by storm, and really showing that Jessie isn’t going to go down without a fight.

V - Honestly V from the controversial photo from last week to this week I’m really pleased with your photo, now I know you already called it on the cropped however I don’t actually want a full body shot, instead I just want it zoomed out a bit more so I can see the true element of crazy, like with the blood that’s peeking out from the bottom I really want to see it visible and see how you looked after this event. It would really drive the story you’re telling home. I also think Woobin just set you up perfectly here with this shot though cause I don’t think this shot would have been used in any other circumstances so I applaud you for using your resources and taking the opportunity when you saw it, really good job!

Rianne - After the climax V created you really have to match his energy, and I think you did it perfectly. This is really adding to the story of Jessie running away after killing someone because she doesn’t want to be caught. Especially when you added the detail of hiding in a shed, like there’s no shed in the picture but after this motorcycle with the dust from the desert, I could genuinely believe there was a shack somewhere around that was abandoned, and just the intensity of you searching for someplace to hide, I really have nothing to really critique except maybe the angle could be adjusted slightly but good job!

Liu - I’m very conflicted with this photo because one I can see how you have that confidence to bring someone down in court, with the dress and everything, however I think you’re in the wrong setting for this photo. Like obviously I don’t expect you to be in a courtroom, but I’m not sure I don’t think a botanical garden stepping on a croc matches well with the story you were telling with Jessie. It’s a really good photo and you as a model really do give me what I want for what the story was telling, but as for everything surrounding you it gets a bit distracting.

Juan - Hey Juan! So I absolutely love how you ended the story, I think Jessie leaving the life of fame is such a good ending after the whole adventure she went on, in your photo though I was left questioning some things. I think your posing is completely off for this story you were telling, you look like you’re hanging for your life but with a mix of being sleepy? I’m just very confused, I think you have the opposite problem that Liu did, you had all the right elements, just not in the right setup. If you were sitting on that ladder looking out with that dress on the wind enjoying the life of a recluse, I think it would fit better, but for this photo itself it just doesn’t seem to fit all that you wrote in my opinion. You still look gorgeous though.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!