This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC BETA 137: ALBUM TRACK WEEK!

Topic » TSC BETA 137: ALBUM TRACK..

670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
13) Lauryn Hill - 'Lost Ones'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
14) Calvin Harris - 'Dollar Signs (feat. Tinashe)'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
15) Pixies - 'Where Is My Mind?'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
16) Jessica Simpson - 'Hot Like Fire'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
17) Ariana Grande - 'Touch It'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
18) Florence + The Machine - 'Third Eye'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
19) Rita Moreno & George Chakiris - 'America'
670 days ago
PennyTrationStan
all 19 songs have been posted

vote and comment by thursday yaddayaddayadda

gl!
669 days 4 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Ke$ha – This is a trainwreck of a song with that obnoxious beat and there is nothing redeemable here at all as it keeps on killing my braincells
02) Fleetwood Mac – I’m surprised this wasn’t released as a single as it is iconic with that haunting country vibe and that ending is oh so perfect and I always remember it from F1
03) Bastille – This has a nice vibe going and I am moving along to the beat and this is serviceable to say the least and that will do it fine
04) Rihanna – Oh my god I didn’t think Rihanna would sing something that is just crazy pop and oh it got me laughing and after that I found it to be great actually and worth my time
05) High School Musical Cast – Yeah, this song is not making me want to stick with the status quo as it makes me cringy hearing it and the only saving grace is hearing Sharpey sing for like 10 seconds
06) Adele – The song right here is a reason why it should remain on an Album being a forgettable filler that is not spectacular in any way
07) Britney Spears – She is just the pop perfection and those ranges has got me oozing for more and I love the funk sound so much and this should have been released as a single
08) The Police – This just sounds like a theme to a bad 80’s cop show and it just so awful hearing them mumbling and the music is a crime against humanity for anyone to hear
09) Stray Kids – Well there is potential in the beats being kinda energetic but I just can’t with their voices which sound way too manufactured
10) Rachel Platten – Ooo I am vibing all the way through with this cheery music and she has got a lovely voice as I am so engaged with it and this is just a blessing to hear
11) Molly Sandén – I think I have to give this a pass as it is dry as my wallpaper and the singer is just stale in their vocals and I can’t deal with all this blandness
12) Hilary Duff – When I heard that squeaky voice, I thought I had died and went to hell as this song is literally torture with how pitchy loud vocals and the music is just ahhhhhh
13) Lauryn Hill – Who knew rapping can be seen as boring and a chore to listen through as this woman made it possible and it sounds like a loop that never ends
14) Calvin Harris – Oh mother her vocals are on point and helps to elevate this song to a high decree but then the beat dropped and it all came crashing down with all that good work wasted
15) Pixies – The music is causing me to squint in how jarring it is to hear and the singer sounds like a whiny bitch who makes a fuss of any small inconvenience
16) Jessica Simpson - The beat has got me tripping in all it’s glory as it is poppy the sound and she can sing so well and is good enough for me
17) Ariana Grande – She gives her 100% in practically anything even in an Album track like this as it is giving me goosebumps her power and I will bow down to the Queen
18) Florence + The Machine – She is pouring so much power into this empowering song that is like a light shining over and is a gem that feels like it is just being discovered
19) Rita Moreno & George Chakiris – No one can sing this iconic song like these 2 with their feisty energy and that latin music and it is a perfect blend that has me singing along
666 days 21 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Lol this was such a mess
2. This wasn't a single? It's iconic!
3. Quite good, I enjoyed this
4. This makes me want to watch "Sydney White" starring Amanda Bynes
5. Bop! It's so stupid but I can't help but live for it
6. Every song from 21 is so good!
7. "Cinderella" would've been a better choice from this album but this is still good so no complaints
8. The music seemed louder than his voice. I couldn't make out what he was saying
9. This could give you a headache
10. The Eastenders music video? Lol! Recognise this from somewhere. Kind of a bop
11. They did Molly dirty with that photo! The song is quite good though
12. Love her but what in earth is this song?
13. This song is such a vibe
14. The drop would be quite cool to hear in a club
15. The music video being clips from transpotting when it's not even in the film and got big after being in fight club instead lol. Great song though
16. That phone call lasted way too long! The rest of the song was good though
17. Dangerous woman was such a moment! This is such a bop!
18. HBHBHB is such a good album! Love this song and her voice is amazing as always!
19. Never seen west side story but I recognise the song
666 days 21 hours ago
FromAWindow
Best BETA week in so long AMAZING JOB ALL OF YOU even the songs I didn’t like :)))

01) Ke$ha - Lmaooooooooo I’ve never heard this before bc I was never a Kesha girl but I’m in loveeeeeee with this WHERE HAS THIS BEEN THE OTHER KESHA WEEKS????? This send feels big brained to me tbh like I have no context but like come on this is amazing lmaoooo

02) Fleetwood Mac - This song is so incredible. My favorite Fleetwood Mac song with “Rhiannon” tbh. This song is THE song to drive 100 MPH to on the California interstate freeway up to the Bay Area, totally not from personal experience or anything. Like that last two minutes or whatever? INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just know Malca took notes for “Casablanca Jungle” from this. Like…this is just so fucking iconic!!!! AND ITS AN ALBUM TRACK? Bald.

03) Bastille - This is good! I’ve never been a bastille girlie tbh though I know objectively I should get into him more. This is like solid production, it doesn’t feel special or anything. Like it’s good but it likely won’t crack my points because I already know this week is fantastic LMAOOO.

04) Rihanna - Aren’t we tired of Rihanna yet? Like we’ve sent all her best songs (sans one) and we’re still seeing her LITERALLY EVERY WEEK I’m sick of this even if this is great lmao like great song but booooooooooooo

05) High School Musical Cast - Now THIS RIGHT HERE is BIG BRAINED!!!!! By far the best song in the HSM franchise and it’s not even close like this is such camp (except where was her scream at the end?). I’ll never forget like 7 years ago now my best friend (Eve was in this too tee hee) doing this song for an ASL sign song performance and teaching her a bit how to pop and lock and jam and break LMAOOOO. This song also inspired my sister and I to make the perfect crème brûlée. STUNNING!!!!!!!!

06) Adele - This album was my childhood tbh, like my parents didn’t like all pop music but this is the one artist we were allowed to listen to fully (and Bruno mars but meh) so I like know all the harmonies in all the songs LMAO. This song is a standout tbh, I forgot just HOW GOOD the instrumentation and the bass is, like wow total bop!!!!!!!! This song created a face so stank.

07) Britney Spears - WE GET IT SHES ICONIC STOP SENDING HER now that being out of the way this is a TOTAL bop, great send tbh for Britney you know at least it doesn’t sound like other Britney songs that have been used and overused in the past so I’ll accept it more than the Rihanna send. I’ve never heard this before bc I didn’t grow up on Britney but like this is a TOTAL bop. Sooooo 2000s Kelly clarksons miss independent found dead (though that’s still a better song).

08) The Police - Oh I LOVE that this is here tbh 80s songs are the besttttttttt even if the 80s inspired is already growing old for me. This is just super super solid instrumentation and bass but I will say I want his voice to be more prominent but I bopped and moved and enjoyed this :))

09) Stray Kids - Oh I’m very sorry I didn’t like this especially the voices nothing more to be said. *hugs*

10) Rachel Platten - Stoppppp lmaooooo but like this is good lmaoooo it’s basic pop for sure but there’s something endearing about this!!!!!! Idk what it is entirely? But like this is actually good? Wait. This is SO GOOD???? Better than fight song tbh. Kinda bald LMAOOO

11) Molly Sandén - This is “Lone Ranger”’s like fifth younger sister that got no budget, it’s fine or whatever but it’s doing nothing for me tbh. *hugs*

12) Hilary Duff - BALDDDDD?????????? LMAOO YASSSSSSSSS WAIT LIVING YASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! This hit me out of NOWHERE!!!! SHES HAD THIS IN HER?????? No you don’t understand IM SO BALD LMAOO THIS IS INCREDIBLE now THIS is album tracks week. INCREDIBLE!!!!

13) Lauryn Hill - YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS oh I ALWAYS enjoy when I see Lauryn Hill in the Beta lineup :)) She just serves and she serves in this album tbh and this song is absolutely no different. Glad to see an incredible album represented in album track I feel like that’s what this week is all about is honoring like incredible albums with no skips. This beat is wildly good and she literally lives in the pocket of the beat and this song is so WILDLY good like I’m YASSSSSSSSSing SO hard.

14) Calvin Harris - This sender knows the way to all of our hearts LMAO god tinashe is a QUEEN AND ICON YASSSSSSSS THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!! Oh so up my alley and tinashe can do LITERALLY no wrong throwback to me not realizing how good she was literally 9 months ago and realizing right after that tsc just how wrong I was. And I like this Calvin Harris track too!!!! Bop!!!!!!!!!!!

15) Pixies - I know this song is iconic or whatever but god I really don’t give a shit about this song I’m very sorry *hugs*

16) Jessica Simpson - LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMGGGG WHAT IS THIS this is SO 2000s but how can anyone complain this is hilarious!!!!!! This didn’t scalp me QUITE like Hilary Duff but come on this is also 2000s greatness!!!!!!

17) Ariana Grande - Look. She’s my queen. I will always support. But why this song???? I know it’s a crowd favorite. And trust me I’m living!!!!!!! But I’ve never understood why this is everyone’s favorite B-side. I mean, the best Ariana album track/song is greedy but that’s been sent (grrrrrrrrrrrrr) so I get sending this instead. Obviously I live she’s my queen and icon. But trust and believe better Ariana songs will be sent in the future. 

18) Florence + The Machine - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *hugs*

19) Rita Moreno & George Chakiris - This song has aged so poorly. Is it sad that’s all I can think about? Like my “sjw” or whatever side is taking over listening to this so I’ll try to put her down. This has never been my favorite musical, I’m more of a “somewhere” girl from this musical anyways like that song is gorgeous. But I’m glad the sender gets their life to this, it’s objectively well done and composed incredibly and it’s very very fun!!!!! And a beautiful story of the stories of the people of the time, so slay!!!!! Even if this musical is problematic!!!!!!!
666 days 16 hours ago
tbrown_47
Ke$ha - 🧉  Funny enough, 2 of the 3 Kesha songs I really like are album tracks. Neither of them are this unfortunately. This beat was not so phat, and it didn’t make me cum. This was just kind of boring

Fleetwood Mac: 🍷 One of the best songs ever made. The instrumentation is world class. The harmonies are great. The build up throughout the song is intense. And like the bass line…yes, yes, and yes!

Bastille: ☕️  Tbt my Bastille phase during quarantine lol. This is probably my least favorite Bastille album, but this song is good. This song is cute, and has some good bass moments. I feel like Dan has a pretty polarizing voice, but I quite enjoy it. I have a thing for British people who still sound British when they sing lol

Rihanna: 🧃 I forgot this song existed lol. Such a random song. It was fun at first (maybe because of nostalgia?), but it got to be a bit tiresome by the end

High School Musical Cast: ☕️  The way that this is unironically good and not just something to laugh at for being campy or from 2006 lol. It was a bit long, but I had fun with it

Adele: 🍷 I remember this playing all the time at the Irish bar I used to work at lol. This might actually be my favorite Adele song. I wouldn’t describe this as jazzy, but it has some jazzy qualities that I like (if that makes sense). And I adore the final verse. Great pick

Britney Spears: ☕️  Finally a Britney song from the right era. This is the Britney I know and enjoy. This is a bop.

The Police: 🍷 A track from one of my favorite albums by one of my bands? I WON! The instrumentation is kind of messy but it’s very Tim. Also lol at this randomly being in french

Stray Kids: 🧉  Sounds pretty generic. I wasn’t feeling this

Rachel Platten: 🧃 This is cute. I feel like all of her songs have the same cutesy vibe to it. I’m happy that she has her niche. It’s kind of a lot of nothing, but I also don’t dislike it.

Molly Sandén: 🥛 LOL at this being Husavik girl. I’m glad she evolved because this is…not enjoyable. This sound wasn’t good in 2012, and it has not aged well

Hilary Duff: 🥛 Yikes at this track. Some production choices were made. Like I literally can’t hear her over the track. And the track is unbearably annoying. Sorry sender, but this is not it

Lauryn Hill: 🍷 I mean any song from this album is wine, let’s be real. This isn’t my absolute favorite, but Lauryn did not miss with this album. You might win some…and I definitely won here.

Calvin Harris: 🧉  I forgot this song existed haha. I’m sure most of you all know how I feel about EDM tracks like this. Though sometimes Calvin has some good beats. This is fine, I suppose. But yay! Tinashe! We will always love you!

Pixies: 🧃 Very garage rock. I think Sonic Youth would’ve done this much better. I think overall, it’s a one note. It’s missing something to spice it up a bit

Jessica Simpson: 🍷 Ok this is a bop. Very early 2000s, love to see it. This outsells all of her singles. This is such a big brained send. Such an era defining song.

Ariana Grande: ☕️  I don’t listen to Ariana much, but this is quite good. Obvious artist, but this is kind of what album track week is all about. Let’s normalize sending in album tracks, yes!

Florence + The Machine: 🧉  I’m not a florence guy I fear. I listened to this twice…and nothing

Rita Moreno & George Chakiris: 🥛 Never seen West Side Story, and I don’t plan on it. I’m not super into musicals, but I can appreciate them. This just didn’t age well and wasn’t really entertaining
666 days 15 hours ago
nateclove
01) Ke$ha - This is so bad it's good I'm kind of obsessed
02) Fleetwood Mac - Oh this song is great actually! Scratches that part of my brain!
03) Bastille - Boring!
04) Rihanna - lmaoooooo a nostalgic bop I'm glad it's this and not something basic.
05) High School Musical Cast - You know I never realised how poorly edited this song is like whew...
06) Adele - It was alright!
07) Britney Spears - I'm sick and tired of these britney bops being submitted every week!
08) The Police - This is alright! Not too bad actually!
09) Stray Kids - This was kinda forgettable to me?
10) Rachel Platten - LMAOOOOOOO camp!
11) Molly Sandén z- Quite boring imo!
12) Hilary Duff - LMAOOOO omg im obsessed...
13) Lauryn Hill - Love Lauryn but this sounds like all her other songs nothing memorable here
14) Calvin Harris - Tinashe has better but this was still catchy!
15) Pixies - Oh I didnt know that they sang this! A bop!
16) Jessica Simpson - omg this was amazing how have I not heard it before!
17) Ariana Grande - better than most of her singles tbh!
18) Florence + The Machine - it was very much something I expect from florence not the most ingenious or unique.
19) Rita Moreno & George Chakiris - This was cute!
666 days 13 hours ago
J2999
001. Ke$ha : Underwhelming… I see why it was an… album track. Still a bit boppy yeah, just not got the banger that Kesha normally brings to songs.
002. Fleetwood Mac : Honestly until I realised what song this was it was like… meh, but yeah even though it’s just the same line repeated, that line being repeated… hits well. The instrumental was good too.
003. Bastille : Banger! Love this song, one of my most played Bastille songs. At least aside from their Bad Blood album. Serve,
004. Rihanna : Rihanna peaked last week with California King Bed I fear… it’s all downhill from there. This was pleasant, but a bit meh.
005. High School Musical Cast : Oh like the BEST HSM song it’s true it’s true. Like the chorus just BOPS so hard ??? The entire thing is just kinda funny really. I moved I moved.
006. Adele : This is ok? Adele always sounds good, but like…….. there’s better that coulda been sent.
007. Britney Spears : Wow! Britney Spears in another Beta? Who woulda saw that coming! Honestly probably better than half her Beta entries at least, so ya whatever that’s fine. Quite decent.
008. The Police : Some ok music, but wasn’t too into this as a whole.
009. Stray Kids : I like Stray Kids, this was a bit of a bop. Not banger level for them, but still good.
010. Rachel Platten : PLSS this queeeen why is this like… good kinda. Like I am moving, the chorus slaps, the na-na-na’s really devoured too. Legend.
011. Molly Sandén : Sorta tame in parts, but some good music, and her voice is good, so makes for a good listen. Enjoyed this.
012. Hilary Duff : This is fine, mediocre compared to some recent songs, but it’s fine.
013. Lauryn Hill : As this progressed it did become more of a vibe it did. Quite a decent song sure.
014. Calvin Harris : Oh my… this… served it really did. Both artists pulled throughhh go off.
015. Pixies : Bit of a bop, quite pleasant, nice. Good music.
016. Jessica Simpson : Oh I was more intrigued by the like… minute of distinct over the phone talking at the start icl. The rest was… ok sure.
017. Ariana Grande : I checked Thinking About You from this album and that was… kinda criminally robbed in Beta, throws tomatoes. This is quite nice. Definitely some good quality parts to it. But also still feels a bit underwhelming for Ariana. Probably would grow decently though, so credit there.
018. Florence + The Machine : Solid listen, this was good. Probably would need a bit of time to grow, esp for a F+TM song, but yeah it was solid.
019. Rita Moreno & George Chakiris : Interesting.
666 days 12 hours ago
ganghandedcat
01 : Ke$ha - Sleazy : This starts off with a beat that hooks you in. I have NEVEr heard this song before I was like wow'ed and amazed after Ke$ha's commercial last week. As Ke$ha sang, 'sorry' I actually forgot because abittipsy distracted me. I wanted more. Felt like one beat the whole way through. I am at the 2:45 mark and I am at a loss for words. My head is kinda falling out.
02 : Fleetwood Mac - The Chain : I was expecting high quality here. I've always known their name but I never really checked them out, nor could I tell you a single single from them off the top of my head. This suffers from one note syndrome, but it's fine. I'll take peaceful. Won't listen to this again. ouuuu this guitar is kinda bringing me back in!
03 : Bastille - Bad Decisions : now what the fuck is this. i return to beta, the gorgeous, illustrious, jamelia winning contest, and you serve me this on MY return???? nah mate. like. maybe another bastille song would be OKAY but this... no no NO i will absolutely NOT take this !
04 : Rihanna - Breakin' Dishes : NOW with some visuals I may be eating this up a bit more but as it stands it's cutesy but I needed some timelapses of plates falling to the floor to be fully invested here.
05 : High School Musical Cast - Stick to the Status Quo : I have never watched any HSM and this song is convincing me not to tune in any more like wtffff is this... this brought back aingealbo generational trauma
06 : Adele - He Won't Go : I'm asleep by the first minute and I highly doubt anything is going to change my perspective on this to be frank. this week isn't necessarily bad it's just very empty.
07 : Britney Spears - Lonely : this isn't REVOLUTIONARY but it's good and i'll take it i can imagine this with viuslas THINK OF ALL THE TIMES U MADE ME SICK I'M LIVING FOR THIS SPOKEN WORD (im actually laying still in my bed but my brain is living)
08 : The Police - Hungry For You : Love hearing languages that aren't English! This is very here. Good for them. Not for me. [02:40:35] i could tolerate this on the radio
[02:40:42] but sitting down and having to have it as one of my main focuses
[02:40:44] that's a different story
09 : Stray Kids - Lonely St. : o_O that's all So boring and wentn owhere
10 : Rachel Platten - Lone Ranger : YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS THIS IS A CLASSIC ONE FOR THE BOOKS!! i dont know what else 2 say im emotional
11 : Molly Sandén - Rollercoaster : wow. this is horrible but also camp and i'm more entertained here than by most anything else. very baku of her
12 : Hilary Duff - G* Woman : i'm not a fan of someone saying a slur 2 say the least if they're not from the community and correct me if i'm wrong but hilary is not from this community. . The song caused much controversy, because the media handled that this was a hint towards the socialite Nicole Richie (wife of her ex-boyfriend Joel Madden , leader of the band Good Charlotte
13 : Lauryn Hill - Lost Ones : YAAAAAAS finally something that's ACTUALLY good my life is being got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 : Calvin Harris ft. Tinashé - Dollar Signs : now i had no idea what i was expecting in this collaboartion it is ok WAIT WHAT IS THAT LIDL POTS AND PANS DROP im obsessed lmfaooooo the GLASSHEART bluePRINT
15 : Pixies - Where Is My Mind : I feel familiar with this song but I'm not fully sure as to where. Was this a hit? This is BETA after all... oh it's this song. i'm kinda eating it... but not too much let's not get cocky now.
16 : Jessica Simpson - Hot Like Fire : i'm obsessed with this phonecall from the very beginning i'm being slayed a lidl bit... an r&b piece. i would never listen to this in my spare time but in this week i'll take it.
17 : Ariana Grande - Touch It : stop no this is taking me out a bit this is actually kinda funny i love ariana for this!
18 : Florence + The Machine - Third Eye : head in a bag. i have heard very very few florence songs i actually enjoy. this hasn't rocked that boat at all. yawn
19 : West Side Story - America : when i said i hate musicals i meant high school music this one is better than it even if this rendition of the song is annoying me

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!