This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 418 Final

Topic » TSC 418 Final

1286 days 7 hours ago
Darbe
1. GIRLI - A song I initially dismissed as its very much out of my taste range, but on second listen I can at least appreciate that this is a decent attempt at the genre.
2. Roosevelt - Strong indie-pop effort. Sounds uplifting but not in the cheesy way. I enjoyed this a lot.
3. Kim Nam Joo - I tried to be as open minded as possible but I’m not really into this Jason Derulo Wiggle-esque kind of sound she goes for.
4. Cosima -This has potential to be expensive but leaves me wanting more. It’s pleasant but it just feels like whoever made this was bored.
5. Robin Packalen - This is basically Youngblood with a few Teeth sound effects - from the production to even the melodies. Frankly, I’m just over these cheap mediocre rehashes of better songs appearing in TSC.
6. Remi Wolf - The music video is so fucking distracting which is a shame because I initially wrote it off as a cheap mess. But the more I listen to this the more I realise this is actually a very good song - its catchy but also has production to back it all up.
7. BAO THY - The verses were a messy drag, but the drop was very satisfying.
8. ROSES GABOR - The word excellent comes to mind. This is just such a rich, gorgeous listen. Yes.
9. JS16 x Stella Mwangi - While it’s kinda dated, the production in the verses does kinda bang. It goes too far with the unnecessary chorus drop but at least the track had energy. If you combine parts of this and BAO THY it could be something great overall but here we are.
10. Tessa Dixon - It does have that expensive Jessie Ware style disco sound to it. I really love this.
11. Jenevieve - I was going to submit this next week actually. It’s the nice, chill R&B I love listening to.
12. Isabelle Lovestory - Is this a sample? Gasolina maybe? This sounds so familiar. Anyway yeah it’s very cheap.
13. FELIN - Her vocal is a little jarring over this kind of production. There is an odd quality to the mixing of this track, but I can see the redeeming qualities being in parts of the production.
14. RAIGN - This fell flat for me. I just feel that it doesn’t fully achieve the style its trying for. It has grew on me a bit after a few listens at least.
15. Thelma Plum - There is a nostalgic 70s kind of quality to this instrumental. I’m digging this quite a bit and I can see this getting better with every listen.
16. Natalia Zastepa - Honestly there’s little to criticise here, but I still don’t personally love it for some reason. It’s just ultimately bland for me I suppose.
17. Alex Mali - It’s nice and would probably score better with me on a weaker edition. It’s not as engaging as some of the other tracks I’ve heard but yeah it’s pleasant enough!
18. St. Em - Bit edgelord lyrically. The production was strong in places, but also unimpactful elsewhere. Ultimately, I was left wanting more.
19. Beabadoobee - Her adverts pop up on every single social media platform I swear, leave me alone. Anyway, this has a 90s kind of vibe to it with the dreamy/rock mix. I can see why people WOULDN’T enjoy this, but I personally liked this.
20. WJSN - First of all, I’m just not the target audience for this. I found this actually a bit dated production wise, but I suppose it didn’t offend me too much.
21. Nasty Cherry - Albeit with slightly punchier production, this reminds me of a track by The Aces and dare I even say a hint of Charli xcx in the POP2 era. It’s a fine track. Fine execution of the genre at hand. Yeah, it’s fine!
22. Nathy Peluso - Im in a good mood today so I’ll just say that I don’t think I’m as ‘in’ on the joke as some others here are :)
23. Suzi Wu - Was that a satanic ritual in the middle? LMFAO stop.
1286 days 6 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) GIRLI        i mean... at least it tried to do something but still hated this
02) Roosevelt        i hope bibbles likes this... because i don't
03) Kim Nam Joo        wow this was a song that existed
04) Cosima        inoffensive but like could've been iconic... but that male vocalist was not great
05) Robin Packalen        i already hate him before this started, and the song didn't help
06) Remi Wolf        i wish i appreciated this more... but it's like... kinda annoying
07) BAO THY        literally in a trash semi, this was great
08) ROSES GABOR        i wish i connected more to this but i just kept getting disconnected
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi        i mean stella always slays for me... and this got a beat
10) Tessa Dixson        oh people are eating up her vocals aren't they.... not me
11) Jenevieve        this is so inoffensive compared to everything else
12) Isabella Lovestory        this felt like a bad version of gasolina.... like... you know how hyuna came out with her version of gangnam style... that's what this felt like
13) FELIN        honestly, with how terrible this semi was... i didn't care this qualified but it's terrible
14) RAIGN        sorry really did not feel this.... like i need to be in that mood for this and it's like...nah you aint' putting me in that mood
15) Thelma Plum        this feels very on brand for lesbian binb music
16) Natalia Zastepa        oh this is doing well... honestly the non-english songs are doing good this week. i stan
17) Alex Mali        i was hoping for more energy... this had minimal energy but it's more because of the dancing in the video
18) St. Em        more boring stuff
19) beabadoobee        i was legit ready for this this semi to be over... and i'm having flashbacks... gosh it's painful
20) WSJN        usually i hate this, but the semi it was in made me tolerate it more
21) Nasty Cherry        more lesbian binb stuff
22) Nathy Peluso        okay i take it back about the non-english songs
23) Suzi Wu        i'm sorry this was was... not for me
1286 days 6 hours ago
Slice
“has been” by girli
honestly a banger, glad it made it thru the semis. the scream into the laugh into the mario coin sound? great. im the robot with the seafoam green wig

“feels right” by roosevelt
ooh this was groovy and tasty wasnt it? i had a great bop and a half listening honestly! really solid song.

“bird” by kim nam joo
i think we are ALL birds listening to this as we simply LEVITATE when it comes on.

“close to you (moonlighting)” by cosima

“drop dead” by robin packalen

“disco man” by remi wolf
this was in my list <3 oh mein GOTT…. the effervescence, the fun, the pure talent and musical genius… does anything ever released compare?

“la con gai phai xinh” by bao thy
the verses are like WHATEVER… but the chorus is ADDICTING!!!!!!!!!! this production is so perfectly dancey. a bop and a half

“i could be yours” by roses gabor
so smooth and delicious and lovely and romantic… swoons

“in the spot” by js16, stella mwangi
this combo of like corny pop song with like.. dubstep esque elements… it did not have to hit as hard as it did. it gets a little outshined by some of the more nuanced bops but i love

“coming home” by tessa dixson
i wish this pushed the disco a little further. there were some disco pangs in there and it almost had the groove but it coulda went harder! as is now, though, it is smooth and silky. chefs kiss

“baby powder” by jenevieve
this was in my list <3 so soft and really feels like a warm hug from an old friend… funky, catchy, lovely, fantastic

“mariposa” by isabella lovestory
not what i was expecting with that great kinda ethereal opening but a BOP most certainly

“heroes & villains” by felin

“causing love” by raign
1286 days 6 hours ago
Slice
“better in blak” by thelma plum
magic. this is talent. this is such a jam, really catchy, and truly better in blak. no words

“rudy” by natalia zastepa
another decent song that suffers from great final syndrome. the taste expressed here today simply is hard competition for natalia, as much as i actually kinda maybe enjoy this song

“good good” by alex mali
this was in my list <3 such a great bop, really warm and sunny and with a serious beat that really gets into the bones. alex mali is so great. love it

“in the night” by st em

“care” by beabadoobee
oh i adore this. im a sucker for a good guitar and some rock/bedroom pop. this is so sweet. love the production and the songwriting.

“save me save you” by wjsn
i prefer secret and happy by a wide margin, honestly. this is great but its not my favourite.

“better run” by nasty cherry
this was in my list <3 as a charli xcx fan i would be remiss if i hadnt listened to any nasty cherry before. i have. i love these girls. this song is such a lovely little ditty

“sana sana” by nancy pelosi
the way this manages to be a banger and absolute cringe simultaneously…. honestly the colors show is better than the studio version 100% for the entertainment factor and she does kinda just sound better ngl. i dont think im gonna point it cause of the cringe factor but god was i entertained

“eat them apples” by suzi wu
loved how dark this was. such an interesting instrumental. suzi wu has such an interesting attitude while singing this song. great closer
1286 days 5 hours ago
turkeylover
Sorry if i don’t point your song after saying good things about it btw!!

01) GIRLI - Omg this is actually good! I’ve only heard, like, 2 other girli songs and they’re cute but this definitely better than those! I also love the chorus so much.
02) Roosevelt - I dislike this. His voice is boring and clashes with the beat. But not in an interesting way. However, I do really like the beat. I think it’s super cute. But his voice is ugly.
03) Kim Nam Joo - This song makes me think of the pet bird that my family had! I’m also like 90% sure my sister murdered him by shoving his head into his food but parents say he must’ve died before that and she was just trying to get him to eat. I don’t care what they say though. My sister is a literal psychopath. She used to eat butter by itself. What a freak. Anyways, omg this is so cute! I love the free bird sound effects that are thrown into the song! I think this song is just super fun and, like, cute!
04) Cosima - I was not expecting those vocals! I think this is actually cool! It’s a little boring but still cute! I also love the music video! It’s, like, artsy!
05) Robin Packalen - If a pop girlie was singing this, I would be living for this! But it’s some white male who’s straight?? Gross. This song does give off a come and get it by rachel stevens vibe so at least there’s that! Overall, this isn’t bad! I just don’t think *he* should be the one singing it.
06) Remi Wolf - LMFAOO the music is so funny to me! Anyways, this is just exquisite. I’m, like, in love with this. No, I don’t think you understand. I’m OBSESSED.
07) BAO THY - I wanted to like this. I really did. But it’s just not slaying like I thought it would. I don’t necessarily dislike it but it could be a lot better. I think her vocals don’t match the beat. The whole song just feels like she’s experimenting with other genres but not pulling it off.
08) ROSES GABOR - Oh this is stun. Miss roses gabor invented music methinks. Also, she’s so pretty!
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi - LMFAO now this is a serve!!! This is giving make it pop and I have to love it! Corki was the best character on make it pop btw. Anyways, I really like this! It’s just so fun!
10) Tessa Dixson - Oh this is good! It feels like a scrapped melodrama track. God I miss Lorde. Anyways, I love the beat! It’s synth pop(?) and I love a good synth pop track!
11) Jenevieve - This final is so good for no reason, omg! I like this! A lot! It’s just so, like, yes! If that makes sense. And she’s also so pretty!
12) Isabella Lovestory - This is spanish excellence!! I mean, sure it’s a gasolina knock off but that man copied isabella idc idc! She did it first!
13) FELIN - This final was so good but until this! It’s not bad but it’s very um… yeah. We didn’t need this here. We really didn’t. Little Mix was so robbed.
14) RAIGN - Well! This isn’t bad but it’s very eh and kinda boring. And like felin, we didn’t really need this here.
15) Thelma Plum - This was cute! It’s nothing, like, amazing I guess. It’s definitely better than the songs above it!
16) Natalia Zastepa - This was cute until the chorus. The chorus is so good and gives this song life! At least I think it’s the chorus. Anyways, I also like everything after the first chorus! So yeah!
17) Alex Mali - Wait this is super cute! It’s pretty and like chill! Overall it just has a good vibe! And we love masks and those pretty outfits!
18) St. Em - *insert everything I said for thelma plum minus the last sentence here*
19) beabadoobee - Oh this is giving me yasmin nur vibes and I love it! This is very 2000s pop rock(?) and I love that genre. Ugh, go stream punch me! this is a nightmare! by yasmin nur!
20) WSJN - Oh this was super cute! It’s very teen witchy? Like Sabrina the teenage witch! I just liked this!
21) Nasty Cherry - Okay. I’ve been OBSESSED with nasty cherry for the past few weeks now and actually did plan on sending a song by them to tsc! So I hate whoever beat me to them. I also hate this person for sending better run because now any song that gets sent in the future will probably get compared to this and if I have to read “better run outsold, i liked their first entry more” etc, I will be deleting the group. Anyways, this is a BOP!!!
22) Nathy Peluso - LMFAOO hip on da hip on da hip hip hoppa!!!!! She’s giving trina vega! Anyways, this is actually a bop! Nathy Peluso IS la chica with the mostest!
23) Suzi Wu - Ugh this aged so good since the semi. Suzi wu queen of apples omg! This is actually good! I love that the song is kinda, like, rock(?) and also pop(?)! I’m not good with genres!
1286 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) GIRLI – Yeah…this was something…that half scream was just…yeah…an interesting start to this final for sure.
02) Roosevelt -  I mean it’s ok, but it’s nor amazing by any stretch of the imagination, it’s passable here.
03) Kim Nam Joo – Fantastic. No complaints at all here, easily one of the stronger songs for sure.
04) Cosima - I enjoyed this, the unusual vocal and it was powerful. Yeah ok some of the vocals were painful but at least they tried.
05) Robin Packalen – at first I didn’t really enjoy it, but it did get better and was magical at points
06) Remi Wolf - This looked like a troll entry so it’s a pleasant surprise that it isn’t ;p
07) BAO THY – I like this as well, I like the delicate nature of her vocal. The drop wasn’t great but everything else was fine.
08) ROSES GABOR – Art. Yeah very pretty, her vocal sounds stunning.
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi – Yeah another mess, Stella almost saves me, but the level of cringe JS19 brings is overbearing
10) Tessa Dixson - This is fine, this is like Raign but not as impactful, the sad thing is, this is probably one of my favourites so far
11) Jenevieve – A bit too chill for me, it was pleasant but didn’t really go anywhere
12) Isabella Lovestory - well this was a mess :p Personally not for me.
13) FELIN – They way people were going on, you would think this was the worst song ever entered here. This is a good song and I enjoyed it.
14) RAIGN - I’ve always loved her voice and this is no different. –
15) Thelma Plum – This is the song people are raving about? Ok. It’s fine, enjoyable. Nothing really grabs my attention though.
16) Natalia Zastepa - Love the power in her voice, easily one my favourites here by far.
17) Alex Mali – Yeah it’s good, I like the chorus in particular. Everything about this is pretty slick
18) St. Em – This was a a bit of  anon-event for me, some of the harmonies were a little grating
19) beabadoobee – Isn’t interesting how we’re going through a slight grungey phase again? I liked the guitar rifff, everything else I could take or leave :)
20) WSJN – This is fine, I don’t think this is going to leave an impact for me. It’s a pleasant listen.
21) Nasty Cherry - It’s fine, not something that I would normally pay attention to but here it’s one of the more solid entries.
22) Nathy Peluso -  I mean…that scream and it doesn’t get much better after that, geezus nora
23) Suzi Wu - At least it’s interesting, I really enjoyed this, not even going to lie easily one of my favourites.
1286 days 3 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) GIRLI - TOOT - aww yay i like girli! her material's kind of hit or miss but i do actually like this song. gives me very "the best damn thing" vibes but make it sort of PC? i'm not in love with it but it makes for a pretty fun and upbeat listen. i'll always have a soft spot for this kind of zenon bratty pop in my heart and this fits the bill so!
02) Roosevelt - TOOT - ahhh!! this is so breezy. kind of a sucker for this dance pop/synthpop infusion they got going on. sort of verges between really pleasant background music at parts but i do actually really like this. she's a very cute girl.
03) Kim Nam Joo - NOOT - really debated between giving this a TOOT or a BOOT so this feels appropriate. i had heard this before and didn't think much of it and... i've had the same reaction the two times i've listened to this song for this contest. it's FINE but i end up feeling like i wanna like it more than i actually do. not keen on the drop but it kinda grew on me. like i said, it's FINE.
04) Cosima - TOOT - not gonna lie, sort of a frustrating listen. i actually really enjoyed the song as is, it's kind of ethereal and pretty but it ends so abruptly? which is kind of a detriment to the song because if this was longer i think i would've enjoyed this even more. as is, i actually quite liked this! might grow on me after a few listens but yeah i really liked this. might get points considering how the week goes.
05) Robin Packalen - TOOT - at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite given the why don't we slander i propagated in my comments last week... i am kind of obsessed with this? it's as generic and kind of a shameless ripoff of whatever 5SOS have been doing for the last two years or so but it's ALSO very reminiscent of "crazy boys" by RACHEL STEVENS and honestly any song that makes me utter the name RACHEL STEVENS... is kind of powerful in a way. his vocals are kind of a detriment to the song but the rest is genuinely so punchy and well produced i can overlook any problems i have with this. that final chorus is a MOMENT. hate to say it but misandry lost on this one. by the way did you know that "come and get it" by RACHEL STEVENS- [Ed. note: Okay, enough.]
06) Remi Wolf - TOOT - ...where the HELL did this come from LMFAO??? such a chill mood and so, so melodic, i'm actually really in love with this. so many fun details in the lyrics, and that SCREAM at 2:13... i am SOLD. this is kind of excellent LMAO i'm really wondering where the hell this came from. overall, great song.
07) BAO THY - BOOT - i... don't know about this one. it's not BAD per say but the verses are very MOR. felt like i had to wait until forever for the drop, admittedly the best part of the song. this would be a light TOOT in a weaker week but you gotta draw the line somewhere. i get the appeal but the song dragged bar the drop.
08) ROSES GABOR - TOOT - i almost gave this a SHOOT. almost. the only reason i didn't is because... if we're gonna nitpick, her vocals sound a bit muddled and unpolished at certain parts but... but... BUT... THIS...???!?!??!????? legitimately such an ethereal and pretty song, 3 minutes and 40 seconds of pure euphoric excellence. it feels so transportative and nostalgic in a weird way, easily one of my favorite songs in recent contests. and i'm off to listening to this on loop for 10 times! goodbye!
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi - TOOT - MISSimogen said "love island theme song" and i haven't stopped thinking about anything else since. i'm kinda torn on this? it sounds kinda dated but miss stella really elevates this from a NOOT to a TOOT honestly. reminded me of some of kah-lo's work tbh. i... like this, i guess, the production DOES slap a lot, but it's not something i would consider pointing. specially when i've only booted one song so far and it really wasn't that bad LOL this is one of THOSE contests...
10) Tessa Dixson - TOOT - heard this before and i like this a LOT. pretty solid, well produced and catchy. only gripe with it is that the final chorus should've hit harder given all the buildup that came before it, but it's something i'm willing to overlook for this song. pretty solid!
11) Jenevieve - TOOT - easy, breezy, covergirl. a song i had heard before and liked... but it's grown on me a lot since my first listen. sooooooo into this, very lowkey and sort of ethereal. i'm so glad this sort of R&B is finally finding its' audience in TSC. silky smooth.
12) Isabella Lovestory - TOOT - daddy yankee come collect your royalties.. this is EERILY similar to "gasolina" by daddy yankee but honestly that song is an all-time fave so i appreciate this lowbudget imitation. and honestly i really love this? such a dirty, 2006 reggaeton BANGER. iconic lyrics, and i love how sort of PC the production is on this? more and more obsessed with this with every listen, this truly makes me feel like i'm devon aoki in 2 fast 2 furious. a moment.
13) FELIN - BOOT - i'm not mad, i'm disappointed. i wanted HIGH ART CAMP from the first impression i got from the thumbnail... instead i got a really bad GALXARA track. if i wanted to listen to a short-haired badly dressed pop diva, i would've listened to the VOX LUX soundtrack, thank you!
14) RAIGN - BOOT - never heard of her and this song isn't really making me want to seek out her other songs. this was certainly an ATTEMPT at an anthemic song but it kinda just felt... very dreary and monotonous. idk i was just bored the whole time.
15) Thelma Plum - TOOT - a song i massively underrated and massively underscored the first merry go round. initially i wrote this off as a cute pop girl with a country twang but this has been one of the few songs i've been really coming back to after a first listen. so evocative and wistful in a weird way, and kind of a grower too. as it stands, i really love this.
16) Natalia Zastepa - BOOT - the very definition of an ALRIGHT song. i didn't dislike this, but i wouldn't say i particularly liked this. it's decent i GUESS... but i really didn't care for it, and i guess that in itself is enough of a good reason to give it the boot in a week like this.
17) Alex Mali - TOOT - AHHHH!! i love this girl. heard a couple of her songs while scouting for entries and, while i wouldn't say this is her best, this is definetly up there. such a feel good bop, kinda straight up my alley. it could've definetly gone on for a little longer but this hits the spot. so good.
18) St. Em - BOOT - i thought this was merely OKAY in a first listen but i'm just bored on a second listen. it's so whatever really. i just wish it did a LOT more.
19) beabadoobee - TOOT - i was kinda gonna send her next week if no one was making the move but i'm so glad i get to point her now <3 kind of obsessed with her album, i loooove her sound. one of her album highlights for me, soooo good. this late 90s/early 00s pop rock sound fits the bill, this could totally play in the background while i sulk in my bedroom daydreaming about the day freddie prinze jr makes me over into the most popular girl in school over a bet and falls in love with me in the process.
20) WSJN - TOOT - lowkey fuck off whoever sent this... i wanted to send "hmph!" by wjsn chocome next week :( but you know what, it's FINE... because i do really like this song. kind of my favorite song by them? it's sort of their defining song as far as i'm concerned. queens of the cosmic concept. i REALLY overscored this in the semi but i do still really like this. qyute!
21) Nasty Cherry - TOOT - honestly distraught at the fact it took them and this song SO long to be sent but better late than never i guess! i'm not really sure how i feel about nasty cherry, they definetly have hits and some misses... i get chills at the various times that evil troll turkeylover forced me to listen to music with your dad. but this is kind of my favorite thing they've ever done? so far at the very least. it's so charli -- i mean, of course. yeah, i really really like this song.
22) Nathy Peluso - BOOT - LMAOOOOOOOOO. this queen. i would've 100% gave this points had it been a weaker week but as is, i simply don't have the time to fit this in my ballot and give it ironic points. i do love her energy and i do love the fact she got people so pressed this week, that kind of takes talent.
23) Suzi Wu - TOOT - i have no idea what the hell just happened but i'm kind of stanning. any song with a demonic chant is automatically a favorite (see: "zimzalabim" by red velvet, "arisong" by cignature). i didn't see the natalia kills comparisons until i realised this sounds eerily similar to "rabbit hole" LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO okay NOW i'm obligated to stan. grew on me a lot as it went along, i really like this.
1286 days ago
hellocat
This week I'm going to give each song a Strictly Dance of what I feel which dance would use the song.

01) GIRLI - PASO! I feel like it a dark song and it would fit quite nicely with a Paso due to the fact I wasn't smiling whilst listening to it. It was quite a boring and rather irritating entrant that I could do without. Had good points to it but the bad bits of the song really outweigh.
02) Roosevelt - TANGO! It's rather mysterious which I feel like describes a Tango. Onto the song, I didn't feel anything when listening but I think it fitted well with the music and I liked the dark feel I got from it. Along with that, I really like the electronics used in this song.
03) Kim Nam Joo - CHA-CHA-CHA! It's rather a quick song, if I'm being honest I can see this also being a RUMBA or SALSA. The song was alright, didn't hugely speak out to me but I definitely appreciated it. I see how it qualified and yeah it was enjoyable in a sense.
04) Cosima - It's a mix of an ARGENTINE TANGO due to the eerie and mysterious feel I got from it but it could also be an AMERICAN SMOOTH due to how the song made me feel very relaxed. This was an above average song but it could've packed a lot more of a punch. It was alright and I didn't mind it.
05) Robin Packalen - PASO! This is 100% a description of a Paso Doble! I enjoyed this song on the first listen but I have sort of grown off of it. It felt like like any other song like this and it definitely could popped off a lot more.
06) Remi Wolf - Honestly... CHA-CHA-CHA. I am amazed by the MV. However this song was basic and the only good quality of the entire thing is the music video which if I'm being honest is cheap in itself and rather weird XD.
07) BAO THY - VIENNESE WALTZ! Definitely the Verses is a Viennese Waltz, I'm not sure the same can be said for the chorus haha! maybe a JIVE? This is definitely one of the best Vietnamese songs I've ever heard or at least I think they are from Vietnam, correct me if I'm wrong, yeah it was good and it sort of felt like a ESC song!
08) ROSES GABOR - Roses is the better Gabor, way better than Viki! This is definitely a RUMBA! I loved this song from the very first second it was enchanting and the vibe it gave was excellent and to say she slayed us all would be an UNDERSTAMENT!
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi - I'm going to give this a STREET! It definitely left a statement, I don't overly know yet if I liked this I'm going to have to give it a few more listens but it packed a punch and I would definitely listen to this again.
10) Tessa Dixson - Yeah this was ART! I'll give this a JAZZ!
11) Jenevieve - a FOXTROT because watching and listening to this just made me stop everything I was doing and just focus on the vocals that excelled! This was stellar song with an amazing production that I very much enjoyed. It was CLASS that I will hopefully be listening to when it's crowned winner of TSC 418!
12) Isabella Lovestory - These past 5 songs have all been amazing! This is definitely a SAMBA or SALSA due to the Latin feel I get from it! I also really liked the rap vibes that came off of this song, I will have to listen to this again cause I don't hugely know where this song will go for me but great entry! MARIPOSA
13) FELIN - TANGO! I adore FELIN! I gave her 12 in ESCT with gossip, she is just an underrated queen. This song packed a punch and it stood out to me as a strong, spectacular and overall great entry so well done whoever sent this.
14) RAIGN - AMERICAN SMOOTH! I love Raign! She is iconic and I believe she was in X Factor?! This song isn't her best but I still found it fun with a very good production (especially the chorus).
15) Thelma Plum - I think this is my 3rd time listening to this song and it has hugely grown on me from the last time I listened to this. The lyric "if I lighter skin maybe I would win" and that message is soo powerful! The lyrics are art and definitely something to be awarded. Hopefully she gets rewarded tonight with a W. WALTZ!
16) Natalia Zastepa - Oh wow I didn't expect this to be strong. I would actually give this a QUICKSTEP I feel like that dance would really work with the song. It most likely won't get points from me but I overall really did enjoy it which makes my decision hard. Very good job though!
17) Alex Mali - CHA-CHA-CHA or SALSA! I definitely can and will shake my hips to this song. She definitely produced power whilst singing this song and damn did I feel it! Really fun and I enjoyed it! Found it great fun aswell.
18) St Em. - VIENNESE WALTZ! This is a guilty pleasure, I do like the harmonies and the vocals are great. It's definitely a song you would sing in a shower pretending you're on a stage in front of 100,000's of fans. The bridge aswell I found really cool and strong.
19) beabadoobee - A FOXTROT! She was absolutely spot on with this, I don't care about the song I found it rather basic and I am seriously trying to find out how the song qualified. I wish it spoke to me a lot more but I was left wanting a lot more
20) WJSN - Probably a QUICKSTEP! Saying I liked this would be a lie. I appreciate it, but it wasn't for me I felt very bored by the end of the song and I felt like it could've of pounced a lot more.
21) Nasty Cherry - This song doesn't really fit a dance but I'll just say AMERICAN SMOOTH. It was pleasant to the extent that I didn't hate this, however it just went nowhere and left you sat there half bored to death.
22) Nasty Peluso - PASO! Me mistyping her name is not by accident, this was torture to my ears, it was very nasty and I didn't enjoy it one bit! I see why it's liked but this song is far too much for me.
23) Suzi Wu - TANGO! Yeah this is a dark eerie mysterious song that I could get behind! This contest felt like it went in a cyclical structure! And then towards the end it absolutely SLAYS me. Great song!
1286 days ago
bibbles
01) GIRLI – its okay,  her voice is a bit grating after a while!
02) Roosevelt -  I can hear lots of other song in there. It was okay!
03) Kim Nam Joo – that wasn’t too bad!
04) Cosima – that was bad!
05) Robin Packalen – bet he was a panic fan at some point!
06) Remi Wolf - not fan of the way shes singing, but its not too bad!
07) BAO THY – started off bad, then was okay, then it was awful! She should have just done the good bits!
08) ROSES GABOR – lots of odd noises, not my sort  of thing!
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi – next!!
10) Tessa Dixson - wasnt bad, after some of the other songs ive had to endure!
11) Jenevieve – not a fan of this type of music!
12) Isabella Lovestory – sorry, but I couldn’t make all the way to end, my ears fell off!
13) FELIN – bet she was a pink fan at some point!
14) RAIGN – not my kind of thing, it was okay.
15) Thelma Plum – she sounds bored! Oh okay!
16) Natalia Zastepa – shes a bit harsh!!
17) Alex Mali – not my sort of thing!
18) St. Em – she a bit dreary, a bit bored sounding!!
19) beabadoobee – ruined by the drippy vocals!
20) WSJN – a bit tweeish, its okay.
21) Nasty Cherry – it’s a relatively normal song!
22) Nathy Peluso – how did this make it though??????
23) Suzi Wu – this has been TSC – The torture version!!
1286 days ago
J2999
001. GIRLI - ‘Has Been’ : Good song, she as an artist definitely has a couple of other songs I’ve enjoyed before, and this didn’t disappoint either. Good opener, good beat, all round a pretty solid song.

002. Roosevelt - 'Feels Right' : Oh I enjoyed this one, I’m aware #2 get labelled as the slot of like typically songs that will struggle, and that’s definitely not what this song deserved, a good song for sure, enjoyed the vocals, good tune too.

003. Kim Nam Joo - 'Bird' : It was decent, there’s better Kpop out there, there’s worse, but alright yeah. Kpop as a whole ain't for me so like I struggle with this but yeah.

004. Cosima - 'Close To You ' : The higher vocal part of this song is good for sure, the rest of the song isn’t what it states throughout, about being ‘something special’ but hey that vocal definitely does it favours overall.

005. Robin Packalen - 'Drop Dead' : This song was good, good beat, good like effect noises used throughout, the guy has a good voice too, something I can see myself listening to again in the future. Big ups.

006. Remi Wolf - 'Disco Man' : Weirdly enough something that I actually didn’t mind. I feel I couldn’t listen to this masses of times without quickly being over it, but it was catchy enough to make it more enjoyable than I first expected it to, so can’t really fault it in that regard.

007. BAO THY - 'LÀ CON GÁI PHẢI XINH' : I definitely enjoyed the beat for this song a lot, and quite enjoyed the actual like singing itself. I ultimately though can’t tell my exact feelings for this song, it’s pretty decent in a way yet for the fact I feel I really enjoy the beat and the singing, it doesn’t hit as hard as it should, but still a strong song.

008. ROSES GABOR - 'I COULD BE YOURS' : This song doesn’t really do anything for me. It’s got a relaxed enough beat overall sure, but too much of one for my liking. I mean it’s a decent beat, but it’s a decent beat for A part of a song, not for an entire song which this basically is.

009. JS19 x Stella Mwangi - 'In The Spot' : Alright this was more enjoyable on a second listen, it’s pretty decent honestly. For all the build up to a drop like if it were something a bit more that’d be awesome, but yeah it’s good enough.

010. Tessa Dixson - 'Coming Home' : Personally most this song just kinda went over my head, like it’s not bad, it’s got a good voice and a decent beat, but yeah nothing hit much to want me to return or anything.

011. Jenevieve - 'Baby Powder' : Ok like clearly she has a good voice, but the beat isn’t really anything engaging from me, nor the song as a whole, just something I felt I was listening to for the sake of it really.

012. Isabella Lovestory - 'Mariposa' : This song was a very pleasant surprise, I didn’t expect to enjoy it at all yet realistically it was quite the opposite. Parts are like quite tame, but it’s not a bad tame, I mean not necessarily good, but yeah not bad. Vast majority is good though!

013. FELIN - 'Heroes & Villains' : I really enjoyed the beat of the song overall, I preferred the vocal parts with like… effects realistically, but the overall singing was still good enough to make me enjoy the song. Carried by the beat though.

014. RAIGN - 'Causing Love' : A pretty good song, not my normal cup of tea, but I did quite enjoy this, the vocals for me do work well here and that makes it enjoyable. The actual like beat ehhh I’m 50/50 on, but the vocals work well in this song, works well together despite being vocally stronger in a way better than the song earlier I felt the same about did!

015. Thelma Plum - 'Better In Blak' : Ok this song does have a pretty catchy tune, good voice, progressed nicely throughout. Definitely a strong song overall, something I’d listen to again.

016. Natalia Zastepa - 'Ruby' : Oh wow I did not expect this song to send it, which it did. The chorus is awesome, yet the overall verses are strong in their own regard also. Pretty strong listen, hopefully this does well!

017. Alex Mali - 'Good Good' : From one angle I can tell this IS a good song, but like at the same time it doesn’t really do much for me like yeah it’s not my kinda thing, quite a one and done song personally, but decent enough still.

018. St. Em - 'In The Night' : Pretty light, I did kinda enjoy the part during the 2 minute region from the start of that region till the end of that region, but bar that yeah the song was not anything special, next.

019. beabadoobee  - 'Care' : Kinda shocked that I really enjoyed this, like I’ve not got too many words to comment on it, I just really enjoyed it overall, good beat, for me easily one of the best songs of the week.

020. WSJN - 'Save Me, Save You' : I mean it’s decent yeah. The chorus isn’t the strongest I’ve heard for Kpop songs, but like it’s still good, then the rest of the song is alright. Doesn’t leave an impact either way, but it’s decent.

021. Nasty Cherry - 'Better Run' : Overall this is good stuff. Solid song, it was like consistently good throughout. There were parts that like feel they *could* have gone stronger, and if they had then this would rank even higher, but it’s still a good song.

022. Nathy Peluso - 'SANA SANA' : I … don’t really know what to think of this? There ARE parts that are actually seemingly pretty enjoyable, but other parts which totally counter that, so I really struggle to get behind this overall? I mean I’m glad it was something I got to listen to… but … blinks.

023. Suzi Wu - 'Eat Them Apples' : Uhh this did become quite enjoyable, I mean part of that enjoyment more of a @___@ than being because I was vibing with the song? A good way to end the contest but not a particularly strong song in itself overall? The song overall isn’t for me but the enjoyment factor … is satisfactory enough I guess.
1285 days 22 hours ago
Lachie227
01)        GIRLI - I wish it pushed itself further with the 00’s pop-rock vibe with the song like an Ayesha Erotica with her 00’s electronica but it’s still pretty good.
02)        Roosevelt – Wow this is pretty damn good. Can definitely feel the Tame Impala influence. This is something I would listen to regularly. Great entry.
03)        Kim Nam Joo - Wow I really hated this. Just really encapsulates everything I hate in a song. Very bad & terrible. I absolutely hate that this qualified such a bad song.
04)        Cosima – Not a bad song by any means but a little unremarkable. Not entirely blown away.
05)        Robin Packalen - Was this song just pipped directly out of 2011-2013? I don’t know I kinda like it for the nostalgia aspect but it’s almost objectively not that good
06)        Remi Wolf – This is pretty damn good. It’s just simple done very well. Very catchy, I like it.
07)        BAO THY - I wish I liked this more than I do but it’s a fucking mess and not in a fun way either
08)        ROSES GABOR – This song definitely gets better with every listen. First time I listened I though it was kinda underwhelming, but now I almost love it. Just a bit lowkey for me.
09)        JS16 X Stella Mwangi – are a lot people just deciding to be nostalgic for early 2010’s music this week? I do like this song, but the way this contest is shaping up, not sure if it’ll get points. I also don’t /love/ EDM.
10)        Tessa Dixon – I don’t usually go for something like this, but I definitely appreciate the psychedelic-pop hints on this song. Just has clicked with me today!
11)        Jenevieve – I wish the base was just a touch heavier and this would almost be a near perfect smooth RnB song.
12)        Isabella Lovestory – What a way to ruin what has been a great stretch of songs. I don’t know I kinda don’t hate t but it’s also so bad.
13)        FELIN – I don’t know had elements I like, other that’s I think that are underdeveloped and boring. Mixed bag
14)        RAIGN – YUCK. Hideously boring
15)        Thelma Plum – Wow this was a great entry. Just a simple catchy tune, simple executed perfectly. Great entry props the sender, it’s a great song.
16)        Natalia Zastepa – This was pretty good! It was just really catchy and a good tune. No complaints here.
17)        Alex Mali – I didn’t really like this on my first listen, and whilst I do like it more now, it’s still kinda boring and a bit unimpressive to me.
18)        St. Em - This on surface levels seems good but it just missing that something extra to make it good. I like it better than I did on my first listen
19)        Beabadoobee - This feels ripped out of an early 00’s late 90’s teen rom com but I still like it cant lie. It’s just really something I would listen to outside of TSC.
20)        WSJN – It’s not bad by any measure but I just didn’t care for it sorry.
21)        Nasty Cherry – I wish it pushed itself a bit further because it’s a little basic for my liking. Might suffer from good final syndrome and not receive points unfortunately
22)        Nathy Peluso – I don’t understand the joke or the controversy before listening to the song and I still don’t understand it after. I don’t know it’s catchy but also bad?
23)        Suzi Wu – I don’t know I kinda love it and I kinda hate it I’m really not sure where I’m gonna land.
1285 days 21 hours ago
ganghandedcat
01 : GIRLI - Has Been : I really enjoy some of GIRLI's tracks, hadn't heard this one yet. I love that she screams at me, but there's a part of this that's slightly losing me in this. Perhaps it's the verses? I think it is... I love a girl shouting at me, but she needs the impact to come with that.
02 : Roosevelt - Feels Right : In my semi comments, I said that I think this may do better than some think. It feels very safe, inoffensive and not just yet out of date. It's a quite listen for one time, it's very smooth and professional, and one of Roosevelt's better tracks. That post-chorus drop feels very straight, but we all enjoy a straight every now and then.
03 : Kim Nam Joo - Bird : Starts off interestingly, she grips me and takes me on a journey. Later on, I find out that this journey is a train I don't want to be on. Where's the energy? The drop is nice, but she doesn't pick it up, she keeps it on a fairly straight line, and it fails to ride me up and down like a rollercoaster. This is a good song, but I feel like it's going to get lost for me. It just needed some more, some.
04 : Cosima - Close To You : I really wish that I could get into it, like I feel the beauty in this, but there's just something that's not connecting the dots for me. I think if this song was slower I would actually enjoy it more, because as it is, it feels very midtempo in the chorus, and I don't think that's what she should have gone for.
05 : Robin Packalen - Drop Dead : LOL! We love a good bit of Robin every now and then. This started off very well, and this pop chorus is better than many other men that try to do things like this. This feels a bit basic with his voice, which is my main problem with this, but it's a bit of a guilty pleasure. Won't be trying anything too spectacular now, but I can appreciate it for what it is. If he had a slightly darker vibe, I'd be with this all the way.
06 : Remi Wolf - Disco Man : This is growing off me with more listens unfortunately. I do still like this, but I'm missing something that's making me get excited by this. It's a nice track, but I feel like it's a bit too positive for the move I'm in, with the vibe. She seems like an icon, and I hope she channels that energy into something else in the future. I may regret this in the future.
07 : BAO THY - LÀ CON GÁI PHẢI XINH : LMAO yesss. I had this banger on my list, never expected it to be sent. I don't think the Tengaged girls will appreciate the slut that this awakens inside of me, but for me, this is a banger I would strut down the street to. I want more bangers like this showing up here!! Who cares that it's three songs in one??? Each song is simply... a ten. Mom. I've started to learn the phrase, "exactly". Exactly Bao. Exactly.
08 : Roses Gabor - I Could Be Yours : Oooh, this is a beautiful track. First time hearing it, and it's really nice. It's missing something to make it perfect, but it's a really smooth listen with an amazing voice and stellar production. Those synths sizzling out towards the end.. whew
09 : JS16 x Stella Mwangi - In The Spot : What a change of pace. Whew! Let's go Stella, yes..... This is it, this is it right here. This hits my G spot, and all of my ears as well. The only problem is that man, get rid. But I've zoned him out. What a bop. That drop, I'm in love. Love the bilingual.
10 : Tessa Dixson - Coming Home : This is the best Tessa Dixson song, but that's not that hard now is it? I was never a fan of her from her first release, so I was hoping that this song would be better, and indeed it was. It's just something with her voice that grates on me. The production on this is great, shame that she has to sing. But this is still good! A solid attempt for her, and I hope to see better things from here from here on out.
11 : Jenevieve - Baby Powder : This is really nice and smooth, but a part of it's missing out on me. I think it just feels slightly flat for me? Don't know why. I just can't really get into this type of music when I don't think it's going anywhere exciting for me. But her voice is like pure silk.
12 : Isabella Lovestory - Mariposa : Period. I never expected this whopper to show up here, and I'm grateful for whoever decided to send it. What a strong banger that goes off, and brings me through all the way to the end. Serve. Serve. Serve.
13 : FELIN - Heroes & Villains : FELIN has better songs than this. This is just basic, cheaply produced and a predictable build to boot that really resulted in nothing that hooked me. The drop is fine, but her singing over it makes it worse. Pet peeve of mine, don't like people singing over drops, usually.
14 : RAIGN - Causing Love : I'm so tired of RAIGN. She has a great voice, and that's the extent of my positivity. I'm so bored of her music, and music like this in general, if I'm being quite honest. I wish she went into a more sultry sort of sound, that way I think she would really shine and stand out from the pack. This? This is just normal RAIGN. I hear her way more than I'd like to. It's not factually bad, I'm just tired.
15 : Thelma Plum - Better In Blak : This isn't for me. It's very sweet and twee, but that's not my personality. I want dark, techno beats. And this isn't doing it for me. She has a nice voice, again, but it's not going to be competing for my stream of the week, or month.
16 : Natalia Zastępa - Rudy : Love the representation of another language! Come through. I love a Polish bop, as you can see. This starts really well and interestingly, but that chorus goes into a bit of a drivel. It's really nice, and I think it could grow on me on the week, but there are other Polish artists that can, and do, do this better than miss Natalia. I still like this though, so it can have potential with me. Whew.
17 : Alex Mali - Good Good : Icon. But this song, isn't for me. She has a stunning voice, but it's losing me with the chorus which I feel doesn't really do this sort of song justice... unfortunately for Alex. Gets worse as it goes on.
18 : St. Em - In The Night : This is fine. Nothing positive or negative. It's just there, existing. I'm a bit bored really, but I don't find it bad. Wouldn't hit replay. Fine. And the worst thing is a lack of remarkability.
19 : beabadoobee - Care : Ah, her! This is really nice. I like this rock vibe and it's done nicer than in other songs. It's not perfect, but it'll do. I wish the chorus had something more, as it feels a bit childish as it goes on. But I know she has a lot of potential.
20 : WJSN - Save Me, Save You : This fails to excite me really. It's fine, not bad, great video, but it's a bit too light on the ears for me. It's very cute, I'll give it that.
21 : Nasty Cherry - Better Run : Come on Charli XCX. Not a fan of most of Charli's stuff, and I'm not a fan of this either. Sorry to this band. Really dry.
22 : Nathy Peluso - Sana Sana : HIP ON THE HIP ON THE HIP HIP HOPPA. A true classic, a timeless piece, a respectable icon. The whole drama. Period. This is it. Period. As a child, whenever I was in pain, my dad would always say sana sana, and I'm glad it's being recognised in this song for the powerful and impactful statement that it is.
23 : Suzi Wu - Eat Them Apples : Iconic Halloween bop. This is sending me a bit in a positive way. It's so good, I'm gonna eat that apple. At the same time, I'd never listen to this again. But I love her energy in this. Slap a bit!
1285 days 21 hours ago
SeaViper
01) GIRLI- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
02) Roosevelt- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
03) Kim Nam Joo- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
04) Cosima- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
05) Robin Packalen- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
06) Remi Wolf- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
07) BAO THY- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
08) ROSES GABOR- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
10) Tessa Dixson- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
11) Jenevieve- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
12) Isabella Lovestory- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
13) FELIN- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
14) RAIGN- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
15) Thelma Plum- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
16) Natalia Zastepa- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
17) Alex Mali- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
18) St. Em- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
19) beabadoobee- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
20) WSJN- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
21) Nasty Cherry- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
22) Nathy Peluso- NATHY PELUSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23) Suzi Wu- THAT'S NOT NATHY PELUSO
1285 days 21 hours ago
KingGeek
https://i.imgur.com/YBe4JtU.gif
001 girli / this is my third girli song and again, it’s really good. probably the best i’ve heard from them despite loving hot mess. this was just so quick and fun and a great way to kick off the finals. score!
https://i.imgur.com/HrfCdLA.gif
002 roosevelt / i don’t think i’ve loved white men in tsc before them but whew.. they have me hook, line and sinker. the amount of times i’ve listened to this after the listening party is downright criminal. i just loved everything about this, i don’t know.. it was so good!
003 kim namjoo / as much as i love her, this song is not good. i GET the majority of tsc only rallies behind these horribly noisy and familiar kpop songs but that does not make them good.
004 cosima / i actually enjoyed this in the listening party! i think that was also a credit to the visuals but i fear i won’t be pointing this when looking at the remainder of the running order. sowwy. very smooth and easy listen, though.
005 robin packalen / i’ve heard enough of you gay face.
006 remi wolf / muahahaha! i actually got into her a few months ago and was so happy to see her name on the running order because i never revisited her. i’m absolutely obsessed with how groovy and exciting this song  is, more of this!! more of this NYOW!!
007 bao thy / that chorus has me up! that shit alone is a ball of fun, and i do think the verses succeed in creating an atmosphere and leading to that punch that’s soon to come. that final drop.. she bodied this.
008 roses gabor / very good. so silky, smooth and ethereal. i’m SO scared It won’t get enough (or any) points this time around when looking at the running order but i really adore this. appreciate whoever sent this luv u.
009 js16 x stella mwangi / when she start spitting.. take cover! the production of this was so dated and overall was just a good time! nonetheless, stella was the star of this!
010 tessa dixson / this was so dreamy. i was content with it not going any further than it did because what it offered was amazing. i can’t really describe it but the instrumental throughout the chorus… i’m absolutely in love with it. very good.
011 jenevieve / yeah, if she doesn’t win we riot. this song on all levels is a hit. i wasn’t going to send it but i absolutely wanted to encourage a click race for it even though it’s like months old. the song is just that good and i truly could never get tired of it in my eyes. we love you jenevieve!
012 isabelle lovestory / you could go no wrong with a gasolina sample, and yes i absolutely got down to this. her unenthused vocals on this upbeat reggaeton track pair so well together. really enjoyed this!
013 felin / apt name for the artist cause this song should be considered some type of felony.. shit was so bad.
014 raign / it ain’t nothing for me to do with this. :L
015 thelma plum / i really, really enjoyed this. i’m so glad, but not surprised, it qualified. a stellar entry, i enjoyed this a lot. that prechorus gets me so giddy!
016 natalia zastepa / this was pretty enjoyable. i wasn’t sure what to expect but i was pleasantly surprised with the results.  it did the job, so good for her! but i’m afraid she might falter with this group.
017 alex mali / this song really does put a smile on my face whenever it comes on. i’m always so :D whenever i play it. i seriously love alex mali so thank you for whoever brought her to tsc. could never get enough of this.
018 st. em / i suppose i see how this qualified, the generic white woman with no real appeal as she struggles to divert from the same tired ass formula quota does need to be filled! ayy!
019 beabadoobee / it’s been a while since we’ve talked about it.. so let’s talk about it! upon release, i was in love with this. i still am. probably one of the better songs to submit from her album, even if i prefer sorry or together. that prechorus into the chorus.. it never gets old. i’ll never be the same because of this song.
020 wjsn / how have these girls NEVER been sent to tsc? they pretty much never miss (bar as you wish) and i consider this up there as one of their best. sad because i wanted chocome sent soon but whatever, this’ll suffice because it is crème de la crème. that chorus never fails to pull me in, their production is off the charts and the girls always bring it.
021 nasty cherry / i guess i’m a REMISS @slice because i ain’t never listen to nasty cherry despite being a decent charli fan. however, this was a stellar gateway song for getting into these girls, and can see the likeness of their mentor with it. seriously loved this so i better run to playlist it!
022 nathy peluso / this is y’all speaker of the house? i can’t believe something so disastrous has become both legendary and an infectious ear worm with time. i went from laughing with her to hipping the hip hip hoppa and i credit that fully to colors show for letting her.. do this.
023 suzi wu / NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA. that opening really does bring me into the song and takes me along for the hard-hitting, edgy ride that is very hit or miss with me sometimes. but this certainly succeeded! excellent closer.
1285 days 21 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. GIRLI - Pretty fast-paced which is always a plus, but this became more grating the longer I listened to it. By the time the song finished I was kind of over it.
2. Roosevelt - Men have become quite a rarity in TSC these days, so it is always a welcome change of the pattern to hear male vocals. This is a bit low-key, yet well-executed at the same time, has this really nice retro indie vibe that I generally enjoy most of the time. Good song, could have cut back on the length I guess.
3. Kim Nam Joo - Is 'Bird' a metaphor to the potential that flew out of the window when this horrific drop hit? This so-called chorus reminds me of the horrific 'Flower Shower' by HyunA, with the almost the same terrible melodic structure which completely wets the bed for this tune.
4. Cosima - Intriguing intro. Her voice completely surprised me, the instrumental is quite nice...but that's about it for the compliments, since the full product is just another Julia Michaels-style bullshit that is somewhat perceived as acceptable music these days. The chorus is definitely the worst part, as there was so much going for this entry before the supposed climax turned out to be a complete buzzkill.
5. Robin Packalen - Youngblood by 5SOS if you had 40% of the production budget. Not horrible, but this was definitely inspired by the tune I mentioned.
6. Remi Wolf - The video was definitely an interesting experience. Shame I cannot say the same about the song which I would maybe consider as passable, and that's being generous. Not really impactful by any measure. Add the unnecessary vocal showoff at the end that people without much knowledge always stan.
7. Bao Thy - A good example of producers trying to fit in as many moods and elements into a song and only getting it half-right. I appreciate the contrasts in this, but as a whole it doesn't exactly come together as a cohesive tune.
8. Roses Gabor - How come people only started entering good R&B entries this year? Why was TSC always so bad at this genre till 2020? This sort of ambient minimalism really works in this kind of music. Strong pick.
9. JS19 x Stella Mwangi - All this hard beat hitting me in the first 20 seconds of the song lmao...A rather dated club banger, nothing particularly good which is a bit of a shame. A better production would have definitely done this more justice.
10. Tessa Dixson - Really nice, wish the production pushed a bit further, but I'm definitely not mad at this. Decent song.
11. Jeneviere - A bit surprised that an artist like this would sample 'Last Summer Whisper,' considering the mentioned song is from the retro era in Japanese pop music. This is smooth if not slightly dull, this has the exact same melodic issues as the song it samples as it follows it almost wholeheartedly throughout the tune.
12. Isabella Lovestory - Definitely takes inspiration from 'Gasolina,' for better or for worse. Probably the latter.
13. FELIN - Nice guitar intro, but the rest of the song is pretty damn typical faux rock, which wouldn't be much of an issue if the execution of it wasn't so poor.
14. RAIGN - I really wish this supposedly-anthemic chorus was actually anthemic, because this definitely would have elevated the tune. Otherwise, it's an alright pick, but the missed opportunity in this really hurts considering her past discography.
15. Thelma Plum - First time I listened to it I thought it was a solid song if not a bit unspectacular, but I have been coming back to it. There is something quite timeless about it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in contention for the win.
16. Natalia Zastepa - A Polish artist that I have never heard of?? What is going on. This is actually really good LOL, I will definitely check her out after this contest.
17. Alex Mali - It's pretty. Pretty boring. Not much happening throughout the whole tune.
18. St. Em - Good buildup, but there is something missing for this song to fully capture me. The chorus feels quite half-baked, as if it was rushed to be completed, especially compared to how the verses sound. Just doesn't click with me, sorry.
19. beabadoobee - There is so much inspiration from Nirvana in this song, and to be honest her whole album has so much 90s grunge/alternative rock inspiration. It's as if Nirvana and Sixpence None The Richer merged and made a record. Obviously a good thing.
20. WJSN - No real complaints about this, just a very solid k-pop song from a group that definitely make their best music by sticking with this 'space' concept.
21. Nasty Cherry - This sounds quite standard compared to similar songs that follow this style of production. Lovely little elements, but there's barely a song to hold it up.
22. Nathy Peluso - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. A genuinely horrific song, but I stan the meme aspect of it so much that this may end up getting my lower points. HIP ON THE HIP TO THE HIP HIP HOPPA.
23. Suzi Wu - Lachie asking if Suzi is Gwen Stefani in disguise in a way represents my thoughts about this song. A bit annoying, yet quite catchy at the same time. Quite torn.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!