This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 418 Final

Topic » TSC 418 Final

1300 days 7 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) GIRLI- I immediatly thought of Avril Lavigne LOL. It's not quite as Avril Lavigne-y as I thought except for it being punk. That being said, Avril does this much better. The instrumental just needed to feel more full to me, this instrumental just feels really sparse for me. Plus her voice is a bit grating, there must be some effect over it
02) Roosevelt- Actually thoroughly enjoyed this, nothing outstanding but I have been digging this type of retro indie band sound lately and this does it for me
03) Kim Nam Joo- Love myself some Apink so I was hopeful for miss Namjoo's solo debut. I prefer Apink much more, the verses here are fine but the chorus kinda screws it for me, it loses the songs momentum. I'm sad that I don't like it :(
04) Cosima- Very quick listen it felt like, very different and chill and pretty stunning overall. I also like her deep voice
05) Robin Packalen- I enjoyed this a lot, kinda reminded me of Fade Into Myself by Mattis. It's just a dark bop, really cool beats, really cool vibe
06) Remi Wolf- From the thumbnail I thought this was gonna be a troll song but it wasn't. This kinda reminds of some other artists stuff but I cant put my finger on it. Its alright not really my style. Felt a lot longer then it actually was
07) BAO THY- LMAO the verses are dated as shit but the chorus slaps so hard. This is kinda iconic
https://media.giphy.com/media/7HmMUvDbLlV3Dq3tKF/giphy.gif
08) ROSES GABOR- The verses were a bit bland and the chorus did not help by going for this spacious feel to it instead of picking up
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi- LOL THIS FEELS SO TOLIS. OK STELLA MWANGI DOJA MINAJ. The rap was actually pretty fun, the melody in the pre chorus and the drop was what fucked it up cuz in the first i didnt like it and in the drop I just found it too noisy. Iconic verses tho
10) Tessa Dixson- The chorus could be way stronger not gonna lie but the track has some really cool bits and vibe to it troughout the whole thing. I enjoyed this
11) Jenevieve- The verses reminded me a lot of a more chill more R&B like Say So. The structure as a whole and sound is very much indie Say So. I adore Say So and indie Say So, while not as much my style, still slaps quite a bit. I'm into it.
12) Isabella Lovestory- LMAO WTF IS THIS IM CRYING. This is so bad its funny, her voice is just so processed and when it isnt it sounds bad. This whole songs is all thats wrong with raegatton Buraka type music and I have to stan it
13) FELIN- This just was pretty uninteresting, didn't have much going for it. Pretty sure this is the Heart In Two girl from ESCT? that was better.
14) RAIGN- The beggining lowkey reminded me of Fragmas Toca's Miracle. But it has nothing to do with it at all. The first time the chorus hit I barely even noticed it but the second time it was definitely more evident and made me appreciate this powerful pop ballad a lot
15) Thelma Plum- I enjoyed this surprisingly it is that mellow alternative thing but the actual BPM I'm pretty sure is pretty high. Just gives me a very roadtrip looking out the window vibe which I like
16) Natalia Zastepa- Took me a while to warm up to her voice but the chorus specially is fast paced enough and has a beat good enough in general that I got over it and just enjoyed this
17) Alex Mali- There's some things I do not like here instrumentally, but damn girlie slays it vocally I love her voice. The song itself tho could be much better, the chorus could have more of a oomph and the verses could be more interesting. Its fine
18) St. Em- I love this! This is an excellent case of alright verses made much better by an actual slap of a chorus. The contrast from pre chorus to chorus also helps. This is cleverly written and I like it
19) beabadoobee- Not really my style, really quite boring for my taste and not even the rock ish vibes in the chorus could save this dated drag
20) WSJN- This was my third favorite kpop song of 2018. Enough said, I just love the magical type synths, very enchanting
21) Nasty Cherry- This felt a bit too understated for me. Just didnt quite create enough impact for the style of song it is. Passed me by mostly
22) Nathy Peluso- While Mariposa was so bad it was good, this is just pure evil. Just noise and bad vocal delivery. Whoever composed this should be ashamed to be honest
23) Suzi Wu- Why is this if I'm A Slave 4 U had a child with a Rina Sawayama song. It's a bit messy but I appreciate the effort
1300 days 7 hours ago
Alexito
01) GIRLI: Mmmm I don't know, it's another song that I like by parts, kinda chaotic too.
02) Roosevelt: Go boys!! It was such a good surprise! I felt right in the good mood to listen to this more than once.
03) Kim Nam Joo: This is a good K-pop song! Finally a song whose voices are not like haunted dolls...
04) Cosima: It was really promising, but just that, I was kinda disappointed, nothing special to stand.
05) Robin Packalen: A Finnish guy in TSC? What did I miss? And it's a good song, this contest has evolved? We need to wait cause this song might flop so bad :S
06) Remi Wolf: The video is just horrible, please hire my services and I will make a proper music video. The song? Probably in the same way as the video, could be much better.
07) BAO THY: The drop and the rhythm are catchy and very enjoyable but I'm not 100% convinced about this. I think the chorus ruin the song a little bit.
08) ROSES GABOR: Another song that might be considered dull and empty, but the fact is that the way she sings keeps you listening to it. The backing vocals are a little bit annoying.
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi: Trashy and outdated, I could enjoy this and dance in a disco while I'm so drunk, otherwise I just prefer to be in lockdown for years.
10) Tessa Dixson: Although it's nothing special, this song felt like ecstasy after the previous atrocity. After a second listening I'm still in the mood of listening to this song.
11) Jenevieve: I'm not interested, it sounded so flat and lacked of something else.
12) Isabella Lovestory: WTF IS THIS?? Please kill me! I don't wanna live in this world anymore... Trashiest of trashiest... Papi chulo's vibes, but obviously Papi chulo is much better than this piece of mud.
13) FELIN: Wow, another Finnish entry? Are we going to Helsinki next edition? Why do they always send amazing songs? I'm in love with this one. A potential winner?
14) RAIGN: Is she the infamous Raing? Her nose is looking at me... help me... :S A generic song I guess but I'm into it! It has these epic vibes that I usually love!
15) Thelma Plum: I could enjoy this song so much, it's a song in a middle way between pop and indie, I couldn't get bored of it at all. So lovely.
16) Natalia Zastepa: Oh, I didn't know I already know this song. It's quite good but again, it needs something else and I was waiting for it for almost the whole song.
17) Alex Mali: Tbh, I expected this song to be a trashy song, I can jugde a book by its cover once again. Really really good, although it gave me Dua Lipa vibes.
18) St. Em: It's almost perfect, because there are some parts that are slightly yelling too much, but the rest is so nice and entertaining.
19) beabadoobee: It totally sounds so 90's and I already love it! What an amazing entry! :D
20) WSJN: Another K-pop entry with no personality at all. There's 0 originality, I'm sorry.
21) Nathy Cherry: I thought it was going to be worse and boring, but I actually liked a lot, maybe some other songs are better but this definitely has a chance.
22) Nasty Peluso: Really? I don't get the hype everybody has for this "song". My cat farting sings better, sorry not sorry.
23) Suzi Wu: What was this way of closing a final? The last 2 songs are really garbage... Thank God I don't have to listen to them again.
1300 days 7 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. GIRLI - This was painful! The screeching in the instrumental was horrendous and the shouty vocal doesn’t do much to help matters

2. Roosevelt - Pretty cool. Nice laid-back production and good instrumentation to help elevate it despite the lack of a decent vocal.

3. Kim Nam Joo - I almost sent this a while back but I wasn’t sure if TSC would go for it. Very solid. Cool, well-produced song with an interesting melody.

4. Cosima - I really love her voice, but the song falls short and just kind of leaves me wanting more. Underwhelming overall package, but she did what she could with what she had.

5. Robin Packalen - Okay yeah this is absolutely a Youngblood ripoff and it takes that song’s few redeeming qualities and throws them out the window.

6. Remi Wolf - Honestly, this is really cute. Something about it feels very nostalgic in a way I can’t place.

7. BAO THY - Absolute fucking BOP! This is so goddamn messy in the best way and I’m kind of living for it.

8. ROSES GABOR - This is better than most R&B sent recently, but it still feels very bland. What happened to the TSC that sent Izzy Bizu and Tayla Parx? Where’s the FLAVOR?

9. JS19 x Stella Mwangi - Something about this feels like something a Disney Channel child star would release after leaving Disney to prove that they’re really cool and edgy. Not for me.

10. Tessa Dixon - The instrumental and the vocal seem like they’re going two different tempos and it makes me really uncomfortable. Tempo tears aren’t cute sweetie.

11. Jenevieve - Oh goodie, more slow bland R&B for me to bitch about so everyone can call me tasteless.

12. Isabella Lovestory - Oh goodie, the migraine I got from this in the semis has returned! I can’t adequately express how angry this instrumental makes me, so I won’t try.

13. FELIN - There was an attempt, it just wasn’t a good one

14. RAIGN - This was nice! I enjoyed the epic feeling of the instrumental and the way it soars over the vocals.

15. Thelma Plum - No <3

16. Natalia Zastepa - I’m really not mad at this! It’s a nice listen with decently wide appeal, and I could see it doing fairly well.

17. Alex Mali - This is very meh. I’m left wanting more from it, it’s underwhelming.

18. St. Em - Somehow the most boring song this week, and it’s in a contest with Robin Packalen and FELIN

19. beabadoobee - This sounds like it would open a “Perks of Being a Wallflower”-type movie. I’m kind of vibing with it, because the chorus is admittedly pretty nice, but idk how it’ll hold up for me over time.

20. WJSN - What’s the point of sending WJSN if you’re not gonna send Badaboom? This is alright, very cookie-cutter

21. Nasty Cherry - This is really cute. The nostalgic, melancholy vibe of the whole thing was very nice to hear after some of the trainwrecks I’ve heard so far.

22. Nathy Peluso - I’m feeling very Ḩ̵̐͂̃́̀͘Į̸̢̨̮͉̜̯̝̱̊̔̒̔̏͆͒͠P̵͉̭̗͇̪͆̓̈́̎͠ ̶̩̻̜͇̞̬͉̌̇̏͛̕͘ͅͅǪ̷̖̘̮͚̙̿̀̐͑̒̆͠ͅͅN̶̨͓̖̣̭͕̗͕͕̕ ̸̣͉̗̌́̎̈́͑͗̂͘̚T̵̛̛̛͉̟̀̀̈́̉̿͌Ḫ̸̀̈͠É̷̹̗̜̫͑̐̑́̕͝ ̶̢̙̠̤͔̥̣̦̫̠̊͋̽H̵̛͙͚̺̃̿̎̈́Í̶̢͚̩͎̝̬̖̮͖̂̋̉̈́̚̕͘̚͜͠P̸͉̞͓̝͓̟̣̞̿͆ ̴̛̻̋̿͌́͗͐͠Õ̵̩̳̠̮͊̐̽̐̏̑Ǹ̸͈̤͕͉̑̂̈́͑̅͘̚͠͠ ̸̨̨̤̲̪͉̠͎̭̊̍͗̈̆̀̓̈́̚T̵̯͖͔͊H̵͉̯̗͚͚̲͗͂̈́̔̓̑̂̓̅͘͜E̵̱̺̰̹̺̖̾́̓̍̅̚̕ ̴̛̻̬̟̰̻͈̖̂̕ͅH̶̞͍͋̾́̚I̵̥̼̯̳͐͋̀P̵̮̹͍̒̓̉͗ ̵̨̤̯̬͔͚̝̗̃Ḩ̶̭͚̦̳͔͔̟͔̇͘ͅI̵̛̮͌̆͗̒̆̄̊̚P̷̡̲̣͇͙̝̖̖̞͒͂͐̂̃ ̵̡̱̥͕̖̟̻̖̻͗̈̿͑̌͐́͘͜͝Ḥ̵̡̗̭̌̈́̏͐̊́̑̐̕͠O̵̳͑͊Ṕ̶̪̻͎̉̐̾͠P̷̛͙̘̰͕͇̩̙͂́͑̀͊͒̉̈́͝A̷̧̫̟͔̫̯̎̋

23. Suzi Wu - This falls in the same category as Mariposa, in that it caused my massive fucking headache to return.
1300 days 6 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) GIRLI - This is too like OUT THERE for me. It’s just a lot and I found it to be annoying rather than enjoyable.
02) Roosevelt - I’m undecided. It’s a cool vibe and kinda catchy, but it’s also pretty shit and feels really dated and poorly produced.
03) Kim Nam Joo - Not going to stand out enough for me.
04) Cosima - Really liked this. Loved the voice and loved the emotion. The vocals were wow!
05) Robin Packalen - It was absolutely mediore. I had no qualms with it, but I just feel nothing special about it.
06) Remi Wolf - This just sounds cheesy. Seems like an annoying song that gays would enjoy and it’s really just shit. Not a quality song at all.
07) BAO THY - Okay, this song was actually different and I can appreciate it, but still not something I’d listen to typically.
08) ROSES GABOR No, this was just flop r&b it didn’t sound well produced. IDK why this song was hyped this week, meh.
09) JS19 x Stella Mwangi - This is just a lot and the chorus is one of the most annoying things I’ve ever heard. Just don’t like it.
10) Tessa Dixson - Love this. It’s poppy, but also just feels DARK and I love the emotion in the song. I could listen to this all day, definitely my type of music. Loved the build up.
11) Jenevieve - This was cute and enjoyable. A little slow, but it was still a sweet tune.
12) Isabella Lovestory - Love the beat of this song, but overall it was just kinda meh.
13) FELIN - Okay, this was cool. It oddly gave me like No Doubt vibes idk why, but it was fun. I liked the chorus A LOT. Pretty much everything about it was great.
14) RAIGN - Really good vocals, but this song was. DRAG. Sorry, but it was too boring that I couldn’t even appreciate her voice.
15) Thelma Plum - I really like this. It’s like slow but catchy at the same time. It’s sad but uplifting, bop.
16) Natalia Zastepa - This was a lot. It was aggressive and all over the place. Didn’t enjoy this at all.
17) Alex Mali - This was unique. I thought it was really cool. It had a good chorus and I liked her voice a lot. Wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did.
18) St. Em - I liked this. It was cute, there wasn’t like one moment where I really LOVED it, it was a little dry but it was good enough.
19) beabadoobee - I felt the background music was too overpowering and took away from the lyrical content, but it was alright.
20) WSJN - It wasn’t the worst kpop song ever, but I just like a lot of other songs this week and this isn’t my thing.
21) Nasty Cherry - Really liked this. Totally something I would listen to. It was mellow, but still super catchy like I just fell in love with this. Charli songs are REALLY hit or miss with me and this does remind me of Charli and they were discovered by her and I can tell. Bop.
22) Nathy Peluso - Why is the TSC chat named after her? This is absolute shit.
23) Suzi Wu - We really ended with two shit entries in a row. This was kinda funny, but it needed a little more excitement. Kinda just psycho.
1300 days 6 hours ago
Natepresnell
1. This tries to be woke but it’s not
2. I just have to support the only male song to make it out of semi 2 alive
3. No <3
4. I’m not kidding I thought I was listening to a man when originally listening to this song on Spotify but it’s good!
5. This is pretty decent 
6. I find this annoying more than anything
7. I don’t really see the appeal to this one
8. It’s a pretty song but it’s just kind of slow and slow songs are very hit or miss for me
9. I’m not sure why I overlooked this in semi 2 but it really does kinda slap
10. Another song that I didn’t think much of at first but it’s grown on me
11. It’s slow and doesn’t stack up to the other songs
12. This is the only good Spanish song this week
13. It’s messy and I am not here for it
14. Honestly, I am more than glad that Max Barskih walked and laid down his torch in semi 2 so that this could run. Would I point myself out of qualifying so that this masterpiece could qualify again? Absolutely.
15. It’s good and I like the rhythm but I don’t think that will be enough to get high points from me this week
16. Of all the Eastern European songs, THIS qualified? Bye
17. It’s a cute song but other than that nothing special
18. A lot of these songs are blending together for me, I don’t see how this can stand out for anybody
19. I was vibing with this but the chorus is just so bland, I don’t know how somebody can sound bored while singing but she manages to do just that
20. Somebody really needs to explain the hype behind Kpop because all the songs sound the exact SAME
21. It didn’t leave an impression on me at first but now I can get behind it
22. This might be one of the first Spanish songs in a while that I simply don’t like
23. I liked this a lot in its semi, and I still kinda do, but it’s lost some of its initial magic for me
1300 days 6 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
20. Somebody really needs to explain the hype behind Kpop because all the songs sound the exact SAME

wrong but ok
1300 days 5 hours ago
hellomynameis347

wrong but ok
1300 days 5 hours ago
Slice

wrong but ok
1300 days 5 hours ago
PennyTrationStan

wrong but ok
1300 days 5 hours ago
Lachie227
HELLO
1300 days 5 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
https://i.imgur.com/AOkwmlr.gif
1300 days 5 hours ago
jacksonjoseph99
*waves at lachie*
1300 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
Who's Who

Alexeh23 - ROSES GABOR
Catch_a_falling_star - RAIGN
Darbe - Roosevelt
dragotistic - Tessa Dixson
Eoin - GIRLI
ganghandedcat - JS19 x Stella Mwangi
hellocat - St. Em
hellomynameis347 - Nathy Peluso
ianfitz0012 - Suzi Wu
Jacksonjoseph99 - Nasty Cherry
KingGeek - WSJN
Lachie227 - Thelma Plum
MISSimogen - Cosima
Patrick319 - Alex Mali
PennyTrationStan - Robin Packalen
PoohSnap - beabadoobee
QueenM1chelle - Jenevieve
rodrigueseve - BAO THY
ryan5676 - FELIN
Slice - Remi Wolf
TolisKalkas - Kim Nam Joo
turkeylover - Isabella Lovestory
varlto - Natalia Zastepa

Any shocks?
Any surprises?
Who is winning?
Who is coming last?
1300 days 5 hours ago
MISSimogen
gorgeous week!
1300 days 5 hours ago
turkeylover
ABRE TUS PIERNAS COMO MARIPOSA

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!