This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 403 Final

Topic » TSC 403 Final

1387 days 22 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) The Tide - BOOT -  I wouldn’t even listen to this if someone had put the cuffs on me. The verses weren’t my thing, the chorus was even less my thing. Together, it’s so disjointed that it’s even less my thing. Vocally it does nothing for me, nothing about this is particularly memorable, yeah I can’t really find anything I like about this it’s just a bit of a bore and a chore to get through.
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT - They are bad enough Alone (Pt. II) so together is a nightmare collab from hell. Naturally I don’t hate this as much as a lot of their solo songs, and I was actually leaning towards kinda liking it until the chorus which like… lol, and it didn’t go anywhere new after that so it didn’t change my mind or anything. Not a fan of this but I’m sure that comes as no surprise.
03) Smith & Thell - TOOT - Much better than their last song. Melodically it’s all very safe and predictable, but it’s effective and the production is strong enough that I don’t really care. I usually like their music a lot and this isn’t an exception. Just a nice, enjoyable listen, it doesn’t blow me away or anything but I’m a sucker for this kind of thing when it’s done well, and they usually do it very well.
04) Clara Mae - BOOT - I wish I could Unmiss five minutes ago when I hadn’t heard this song before. Kidding, I’m not really sure what to make of this. It’s kinda better than I was expecting it to be but also I don’t think I’m gonna remember anything about it by the end of this semi. Pleasant, inoffensive, forgettable, I get what it’s going for but I’m not really feeling much for it. I’d probably give it a noot if I was about that life but I’ve never seen Eoin give a noot so I won’t be doing it either.
05) Aly and AJ - BOOT - Joan of Arc isn’t getting anywhere near a dancefloor to this dirge. In contrast this isn’t as good as their last song which grew on me a lot after the contest. I wanted to like it, there are aspects of the production I’m definitely into, but as a whole it feels kinda lacking. Definitely liked the idea of this more than the actual product, the chorus always kinda kills the atmosphere for me. But then Attack of Panic grew on me after the contest so maybe this will too?
06) LOVA - BOOT - I sent her before and was robbed with her so this will probably do better because that’s how it works. I’ve checked out some of her other songs before but none of them matched Daddy Issues for me and this doesn’t either. It’s alright, but agree that it’s lacking a moment. Like Clara it’s pleasant and inoffensive but just doesn’t really do anything for me.
07) Julian Peretta - TOOT - I wish there was a way to get this TSC final Closer to this song in quality because it’s not it so far. I had this one on my list, it’s solid. The chorus is really strong too, catchy with good production. The drop is kinda weak in comparison, and it doesn’t have much replay value, but otherwise I don’t really have much to complain about, it’s good.
08) Elle Hollis - BOOT - I’m not running out of love for this song because there was never any love for it in the first place. I’m sure people will be comparing this to the LOVA song I just wish I gave a single iota of a shit for either of them. That chorus is DIRE.
09) Tara Lee - TOOT - This song drives me crazy it’s so good! I was so outraged when this didn’t even make it out of the PSR in ESCT despite it being the best song there. That was a while ago now and I don’t have the exact same energy for it as I did, but I still like this a lot. Great, dark production, good chorus, overall this is really solid. Slap.
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - SHOOT - Yep, I did THAT. This is an Experience most pleasing to me. I knew this would go one of two ways when I started it but yeah I definitely like this. Love this kind of music I will always eat that shit up. Looove the chorus and I loved this more and more as it went on. Really really great song, been obsessed since I first heard it.
11) JOWST - BOOT - This can Kiss the Ring because it’s shit! The verses are alright but it’s another one that is ruined by the chorus and what follows it - it’s all a big mess.. Pretty style over substance nonsense, will be for some people but it’s not for me at all.
12) The Hot Damns - TOOT - No idea what Color Me In really means but sure bitch I’ll do it whatever. I had this one on my list too. Another good execution of the current trend I like this a lot. It’s punchy, Eden serves good vocals as usual, the chorus isn’t quite as good as the verses promise, but I still really like listening to this it’s a bop.
13) Kendji Girac - TOOT - Was not expecting to like this at all but it kinda slapped? Love the mixture of Latin/French vibes to this, it’s not as catchy as I thought it may have been, but otherwise this was a pleasant surprise. It got a bit tiresome by the end, but I enjoyed this.
14) Galantis - BOOT - I want to Fly far away from this song. Don’t think I’ve ever liked a Galantis song. Faouzia does her best but vocally she’s capable of much, much more than this basic garbage. Probably works in the context of… *checks notes* Scoob!, but as a standalone song this is just basic and nothingy I don’t care.
15) Taylor Kelly - TOOT - Please show me what kinda elevators y’all are getting on because I want them. That backing music is gorgeous. Love the vocal, I’m vibing with this a lot. This was really different, was not expecting that chorus at all but I’m here for it. The kind of thing I have to be in the right mood for, but right now I’m so here for this.
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - TOOT - Not as chaotic as I thought it’d be from the intro, but it’s kinda cool. The chorus is catchy, the verses are a bit odd but I’m kinda into it. It does kinda feel Incomplete, and it’s a light toot, but a toot nonetheless. Not bad.
17) VINCINT - BOOT - I would Save Myself from making a decision on this by nooting it if I was about that life but I’m not so I’m settling on a light boot. Vocally he’s always great but otherwise this song kinda didn’t do anything for me as much as I tried to make myself feel something for it. Not really a fan of the direction the chorus goes in. It’s very radio friendly, background music but I just don’t really feel much for this song.
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - TOOT - Looks like we’re going Back to Menage A Trois. I’m not sure how to judge this because it’s literally Menage A Trois but a little bit better? Everything about this song has been done so many times which does irritate me but then I still enjoy it because it’s stuff that’s been done so well. I hope it doesn’t win, because that’d be really boring, but I can’t pretend I didn’t like it.
19) Kiesza - TOOT - I can’t say I crave this song but it’s very cute! Definitely prefer All of the Feelings but it’s a decent, cute enough follow up to that. Smooth listen, the chorus is catchy, I’m a fan of this new direction she’s going in. 
20) Sunmi - TOOT - I just never know whether I’m gonna like her music it’s all so varied. I’m definitely into this though, the production is strong. I feel like this executes what Aly and AJ were going for a lot better which makes me feel better about booting that. I wouldn’t say I loved this, but it was a good, easy listen. Good song, think it’s a grower. Edit: yeah I enjoyed this a lot more on a second listen. Bop.
21) Camden Cox - TOOT - Had this one on my list as well. Liked her last entry a lot, really like this one too. Everything about this is really solid, the drop slaps, love this kinda dark trancey dance thing. Great pick.
22) Hanna Ferm - TOOT - I had to resist the Sweet Temptation to send this myself because it’s such a bop LMAO I’m so shook that she came out with this like three months after whatever Brave was. Really strong, really solid pop song. Will be a contender and I can’t really complain about it.
1387 days 16 hours ago
ryan5676
01) The Tide – I really do like this band as the tune is electrifying and they got some fine ass vocals that bring this song through the roof
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max – This is very bland and forgettable as there isn’t a single melody that I can remember from this as I’m ready to skip it
03) Smith & Thell – Wow this is the worst and I’m not even joking as it is just noise throughout and is so forgettable and how did they get this low
04) Clara Mae – She got a fantastic voice and I got butterflies in my stomach hearing this song as it does pull me in emotionally
05) Aly and AJ – I love this tune as it is funky, and these singers are killing it as I would give it another listen as this deserves to be heard on the dance floor
06) LOVA – I’m not really liking her voice sounding like she got something stuck in her throat as that is the reason there are lyrics on the video and the music is bland
07) Julian Peretta – I’m not a fan of his vocals as it doesn’t have power or energy and I want this to take it up another level, but the song just stands still
08) Elle Hollis – This has got a nice beat as I’m nodding my head along to the music and her vocals are somewhat good as this song does deliver in the end
09) Tara Lee – Help me as this song is not going anyway on my playlist if I even had one as her singing is all over the place and the music is loud and annoying
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis – Well this is not how you do a retro song as it is annoying with the same beats and the vocals being too soft and the song is just bland
11) JOWST – The singer has got some power in her voice as the song brings in some key moments as the music heightens the energy
12) The Hot Damns – This is just really rushed, and the vocals are just on another world of awful as it is bonkers and really unpleasant to the ears
13) Kendji Girac – Yes bring the ethnic vibes as it really does feel like a party here as his voice is oh so seductive and is very different as he brought the whole song to life
14) Galantis – The vocalist delivers as usually, and the song has potential in the verses, but the music is just too much and overshadows the potential of the song
15) Taylor Kelly – Oh god this is everything I don’t want in a song as it is so dull that I struggle to stay awake afterwards and she isn’t trying one bit so let’s put this in the trash
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska – This has a nice beat as it shows power but the vocalist, I feel like isn’t trying here as the song could have used that extra punch
17) VINCINT - I’m always amazed by his vocals, but this song doesn’t do me any favours as it starts to get annoying later on with the repetitive beat
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker – I do like to dance along to a song, and this does what it says on the tin as she got a good voice and the music is good as well
19) Kiesza – Girl you are rocking it out there as the music is heaven to my ears as I love the poppy sound and she got some fire vocals that makes this song a wonder
20) Sunmi – The tune is very cheery sound and I honestly do like this as she got a great voice to go with it and I say that this is a secret banger
21) Camden Cox – The vocals are serviceable, and the beat was good for one sec and then it just turned into a big pile of mess as it overran this song being the worst
22) Hanna Ferm – I can’t deny that this is a banger when I first heard it as she uses her good voice on this song, and I do like the beat as it goes along
1387 days 14 hours ago
Talian
01) The Tide : It starts very well but it kinda falls flat towards the pre-chorus and the chorus is kinda the turn off I am afraid.

02) Alan Walker, Ava Max : I honestly thought this was the mix of evil. Turns out it’s... pretty nice? Also lol at the shade in Eoin calling this “Faded pt. II”. Honestly the Alalalalalone is just *chef kiss*.

03) Smith & Thell : Better than Whatever their ESCT entry was. Still too basic and 2014.

04) Clara Mae : Pretty basic. Not really my style.

05) Aly and AJ : I usually am not really into these whispery electro songs but... this actually slayed me? Like I am not deceased. But surely I am critically wounded.

06) LOVA : It’s not bad. Kinda very basic tho. I don’t know... it’s hard for me to get into this kind of songs I believe.

07) Julian Peretta : I like it but I can’t say I am head over there’s for this. It’s more than fine but less than good.

08) Elle Hollis : This is actually very nice. It’s very chill out and makes you want to dance.

09) Tara Lee : Admittedly I enjoyed it much more here than (last year?) on ESCT. Like it’s not a shoot, but it’s still good. The chorus I really like.

10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis : This is a little too chill out for me I am afraid. Like... I wouldn’t mind this coming up at the gym. But I wouldn’t actively listen to this.

11) JOWST : This one fucked me on so many difender levels I can’t even begin to express. That chorus is fucking perfect.

12) The Hot Damns : I felt I’ve heard eh si a million times before. Also 80’s references are not a good look for me.

13) Kendji Girac : Ok this was kinda everything. I don’t know why songs titled Habibi are all verified bops.

14) Galantis : A basic dancey song being a basic housey song. Not for me.

15) Taylor Kelly : Vocals are effortlessly amazing. The song is... not my style. Too much of a drag for my taste.

16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska : Why did I expect Gazela part 3 from this? Either way the chorus was a little lifeless. I like the talked part but for the rest... it’s kinda there.

17) VINCINT : Please don’t fall in love is unreachable. But this is better than the last  by them that was entered. I liked it I just didn’t LOVE it. I see them trying to get back to that PDFIL kinda vibe. And I thank them for that. The chorus is stunning. The rest... a little less. Still good tho.

18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker : Ménage a trois with me myself and I... wait... it’s another song? You be fooling me. Ménage a trois with me myself and I.

19) Kiesza : I just don’t like her voice. The song is kinda basic. It’s not bad. But her voice... I am sorry she is a good artist but I don’t like when she goes that higher.

20) Sunmi : If KPop dance has to come save the dance day it’s... a look. But this was everything. It wasn’t the ma it original for sure but at least it was unapogetically fun.

21) Camden Cox : Lol I’ve had this on my list since it’s been released. Such a cheap bop. Like it’s soooo cheap. But a bop nonetheless.

22) Hanna Ferm : I cant really see her singing this love honestly. The verses are fire. Bass is on. But from prechorus it totally loses me. And the chorus is 1000000% not for me.
1387 days 12 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
The Tide ~ TOOT. Right up my alley. The dubstep in the chorus could have been a complete disaster but weirdly it seemed to work. Great use of instruments. I wouldn’t even say this is the best for the genre, but it’s still a great listen.
Alan Walker, Ava Max ~ NOOT. It’s a fine song although the chorus isn’t really serving. I expected a bit more from her. Others will like it more and that’s ok.
Smith & Thell ~ TOOT. Not a patch on Forgive Me Friend, but it was still a fun entry. Nice chorus.
Clara Mae ~ BOOT. It does have a nice beat but overall I’m not feeling it, very sappy and love-y, and hey how can either of you move on if you keep going back? Boggles by brain 🧠 🙄
Aly & AJ ~ TOOT. It didn’t go in for that dark vibe half as much as it could have, but it still packed a punch, somewhat. Digging the 80s vibe.
LOVA ~ TOOT. Although the vocal effect is a BOOT, I can’t deny this is quite great, very tuneful and also very raw. Nice. Although LOVA, stop pining for your fcking ex! Not worth it believe me.
Julian Peretta ~ TOOT. Nicely summery, and I love the pre-chorus. Not obsessed with the entire package but I’ll certainly take it.
Ellie Hollis ~ TOOT. Weird chorus if I’m honest, and it sounds out of place in a song that’s otherwise pretty solid. I’d listen again, so I mean that’s a compliment, but it’s like the budget was dry by the time they came to working on the chorus.
Tara Lee ~ TOOT. Dark? Synth? Gimmeee more! Could have been a shoot with slightly clearer vocals but whatever I’ll take this. Possible contender I reckon.
Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis ~ BOOT. It has a groove thang going on but it felt more style over substance. Didn’t really connect with it.
JOWST ~ TOOT. Oh this was cool. Not outstanding but I do appreciate a bitta angst in a song, nice pick.
The Hot Damns ~ TOOT. Oh I wonder who this is xD It’s alright, maybe a little cheap in parts but I was still vibing. Lower toot.
Kendji Girac ~ TOOT. Definitely didn’t expect the direction of the chorus. Not exactly my first choice as genres go but I can’t deny there’s something gorge about this whole package. He’s hot too! Appreciate a colder send.
Galantis ~ TOOT. Both artists have proven to be capable of better, but this is still fairly decent.
Taylor Kelly ~ BOOT. Lol this qualified? Sorry but it’s full as dishwater and never really got going.
Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska ~ TOOT. I kind of expected it to pop off more than it did based on the intro, but I’m not mad at what I got. Nicely dark.
VINCINT ~ TOOT. Yeah he’s definitely done better but you can always count on him to deliver a thumper nonetheless. Great chorus, average rest of it.
LIZOT, Holy Molly, Alex Parker ~ BOOT. Interesting use of samples, ranging from Tina Turner to err.. Walking on Cars?! Definitely not on par with Menerge a Trois, in fact this sounds like the shitter version of that song. It’s a bop but I’m probably giving it a miss.
Kiesza ~ SHOOT. Oh I did that! I can easily see this being a contender. Very catchy, very funky, and it has a real 80s/T’Pau vibe which I am LIVING for. Fantastic send.
Sunmi ~ TOOT. I don’t think it’s my favourite from her but the chorus is decent. Pleasant send, it’s rare I dislike a sing from her. Maybe it’s because she isn’t too CUTE lol.
Camden Cox ~ TOOT. Super interesting build. It could have used a separate, elevating chorus but maybe that wasn’t the vibe she wanted. I’m liking this more than I expected.
Hanna Fern ~ NOOT. Didn’t hate it, it’s catchy, but nothing about it overly stood out either. It’s just there are party songs go.
1387 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. The Tide - TOOT - Sounds like a stereotypical male pop entry until it reaches that chorus which really lifts the whole package up. Pleasantly surprised by this.
2. Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT - Had some hope going into this before reaching that hideous chorus. No. How did this bullshit qualify?
3. Smith & Thell – TOOT - It’s a pretty basic song, which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering it’s Smith & Thell, but even their most basic is quite nice. This was on my waiting list, but I never bothered entering this since I didn’t think it’d make much impact.
4. Clara Mae – TOOT – Significantly better than her previous entry. Slightly above average verses are completely lifted up by this brilliant chorus. Strong.
5. Aly & AJ – TOOT – Their most recent discography has really been delivering. I wish the chorus was slightly more inspired, but overall I dig this.
6. LOVA - BOOT - I rarely ever point out the lyrics of the entries, but the first two lines made me absolutely cringe, and it's especially bad considering the tone of the song. Not a fan.
7. Julian Peretta – NOOT - Pretty inoffensive, nothing that really makes me appreciate it very much. Originally a light toot, but this did almost nothing to me on second listen.
8. Elle Hollis - TOOT - The chorus could use some work, but overall this is a rather solid effort.
9. Tara Lee - TOOT - Got me rather hooked from the very beginning. Pretty solid song, I wish the chorus was slightly punchier, but I guess you can't have everything.
10. Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis – TOOT - Nice feel-good vibe to it, albeit it’s rather linear as a whole. Has grown on me slightly since its first listen.
11. JOWST, JAEGER - TOOT - Probably the best DJ/Producer effort I have heard this contest. Kept my interest throughtout, good job.
12. The Hot Damns - TOOT - Interesting stylistic choice here. The chorus needs some work, but overall it's pretty nice.
13. Kendji Girac – TOOT - It’s been awhile since he’s been in TSC. Had this on my list, nothing extraordinary, but just a pleasant listen throughout.
14. Galantis - BOOT - Faouzia sounds great as usual, but this song is doing her absolutely no justice. Just a very basic EDM tune from the DJs of Galantis who certainly know how to produce better songs.
15. Taylor Kelly – BOOT - Rather boring until that chorus hits, which by itself isn’t really strong enough to keep me interested. Slightly disappointed, drags quite badly near the end.
16. Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska – BOOT - I know who she is, most of her discography is absolute trash. This included. How on earth did this survive its semi?
17. VINCINT - TOOT - Best male entry this week. Just a really feel-good listen.
18. LIZOT, Holy Molly, Alex Parker – NOOT – No denying that the melodies and the arrangement are extremely similar to their winning entry, with some inspiration also taken from Breathe by Jax Jones. Lacks a good drop that made Menage a Trois really special. Originally a light toot, I don't feel much on my second listen.
19. Kiesza - TOOT - Really nice retro feel to it, which seems to be a staple Kiesza sound at this point. Not sure how it holds up against "All Of The Feelings," but it's good.
20. Sunmi – TOOT – Great city-pop/disco inspired sound, together with some additional synths and riffs. Very solid pick.
21. Camden Cox – TOOT – The only complaint I have is the drop which really could have been a bit punchier. Otherwise, an amazing tune, trance is rarely present in TSC and it’s about time this sort of music did well.
22. Hanna Ferm - TOOT - Imagine going from Brave all the way to this iconic bop. Just a great effort throughout.
1387 days 9 hours ago
dragotistic
The Tide - TOOT - This song didn’t really hit until a minute in. The drum and bass part came out of left field, and I liked it. Quite like the chorus and the verses don’t offend me.

Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT - On paper, I should enjoy this. In reality, I found this to be a snooze and so generic. I hate the kind of music that sounds like it was lazily written without any consideration.

Smith & Thell - NOOT - I enjoyed this in the semi, but on a second listen, my initial concerns of the song were amplified. I felt like I’ve heard this song from them before and the last chorus is completely drowned and I can’t even hear where the song is supposed to go.

Clara Mae - BOOT - My comment from the semi: “This screams generic to me. I don’t want to say NQ cause I’ll probably be wrong, but I think that this is one of the NQs this week.” Well, I was right because I was wrong, but I still find it generic.

Aly & AJ - TOOT - The song itself is quite enjoyable. I wish that lighter synths were used in the verses, but the balance is nailed in the chorus. Very solid mid-tempo dance track.

LOVA - TOOT -  I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Really nice piano/vocals in the verse, and when the lush chords come in, it adds so much to this song. Very nice entry.

Julian Perretta - BOOT? - I was mixed on this in the semi, and I’m leaning more towards boot on this one. It still feels generic to me, but there were still some elements that I enjoyed. This is a reluctant boot.

Elle Hollis - BOOT? - I wish that they went full 80s on this one. It felt like they wanted to be 80s inspired but didn’t leave this decade. There were some elements that I really enjoyed, but it lacked that wow factor. Same as Julian, reluctant boot.

Tara Lee - TOOT - This radiated bad b*tch energy. She’s also extremely hot for some reason. I didn’t think I would like the chorus, but it was in a word, sexy. Quite enjoyed this one.

Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - BOOT? - I enjoyed this more on the second listen, but the vocal is still a boot from me. Has a cooler vibe this time around. I’m not the biggest fan of her vocal, and Khalid adds only a little to this song. I’d give this another reluctant boot.

JOWST - TOOT - This also radiated bad b*tch energy. I could’ve gone without the overloaded bass sections, because the vocal was badass enough. Yeah, I enjoyed this.

The Hot Damns - BOOT - I’m torn on this. The chorus hit the spot, but there were some elements that completely missed the mark for me. I’m leaning more towards boot on this.

Kendji Girac - TOOT - It’s nice to hear some tango-esque music in TSC. This is one of the songs where the instrumental elevates the song rather than hinders it. Quite enjoyed this.

Galantis - TOOT - Glad to see Faouzia do so well and become more mainstream. I may not like all of her songs, but I cannot deny that vocal can carry a song. This was enjoyable all the way round.

Taylor Kelly - TOOT - I was not expecting this to qualify, but I really enjoyed this in the semi. It does a lot of cool things musically that kept me engaged to the song, which can be hard. That hard switch to half-time is *mwah*, and then immediately going into a funk-groove utilizing jazz harmony. I think I’m in love.

Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - BOOT - I wanted to like this but I just couldn’t. If there was more vocal range in the song, some different textures, or more energy throughout, I would’ve probably tooted it. It was pretty consistently flat in regards to energy.

VINCINT - BOOT - The fan video also gets a BOOT from me. The chorus was interesting, but the verses were so boring to me. I don’t think the chorus is strong enough for a toot.

LIZOT, Holy Molly, Alex Parker - TOOT - I really like the amount of energy the song has. It lost some of its shine from the semi to the final, but I can’t deny that it’s good.

Kiesza - BOOT? - I’m struggling with this one. I think overall, it’s good, but I was turned off from some of the song. I feel like the instrumental could’ve supported the vocal a little more.

Sunmi - TOOT - This was one of my favorites from the semi. I remember I said everything in this song works well together, and is just plain good. Really enjoyed this.

Camden Cox - BOOT - This feels overloaded to the point where it’s not really an enjoyable listening experience.

Hanna Ferm - mild TOOT - In my opinion, I feel like this is a little overhyped this week, but this is my first exposure to Hanna Ferm, so I have no point of reference for her other entry. It sounded a tad bit generic, but other than that, I enjoyed it.
1387 days 5 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. The Tide - BOOT - Very formulaic and meh and the weird music box backing track doesn’t work in this type of song like it might in others

2. Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT - There’s a reason this got deathslotted

3. Smith & Thell - TOOT - I’m a well known Smith & Thell stan so I don’t think much explanation is needed here.

4. Clara Mae - BOOT - You know how Loula was Dagny in a wig? Clara Mae is weird overproduced pop ballad Camila Cabello in a wig.

5. Aly & AJ - NOOT - I wasn’t crazy about their beta entry this week and I don’t really like this one either, but I also don’t dislike it.

6. LOVA - NOOT - It’s pretty, but not enough to justify the lack of a satisfying climax

7. Julian Peretta - BOOT - Despite never hearing of this man before this week, I feel like I’ve heard this a million times.

8. Elle Hollis - TOOT - This is nice. Sleek production and a satisfying production.

9. Tara Lee - BOOT - This actually hurt to listen to

10. Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - TOOT - I’m digging this! I love the ethereal feel I get from the way Victoria’s vocals are styled/layered. Very nice.

11. JOWST - BOOT - JAEGER needs a solid, well-produced song to really excel with her mediocre vocals, and this isn’t that song.

12. The Hot Damns - BOOT - This seems like a bad, bastardized version of a song some niche artist found success with years ago that I can’t remember rn.

13. Kendji Girac - NOOT - It got saved in the semi by being slightly better than the other noots, but mediocrity won’t be enough to skate by here.

14. GALANTIS - TOOT - Faouzia obviously has multiple way better songs, but she takes what otherwise would be a very unassuming song and elevates it with her performance

15. Taylor Kelly - BOOT - Wow. Y’all really are doing nothing to disprove the notion that TSC has no taste anymore, huh.

16. Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - NOOT - It’s not bad, but it’s not great. The lyrics make the Lorde-esque production and vocal fall a bit flat.

17. VINCINT - TOOT - This toot is less enthusiastic because I was hoping for more after his last TSC entry, but this is still another pretty good entry from him, even if it doesn’t showcase his vocals as well.

18. LIZOT, Holy Molly, Alex Parker - BOOT - This is essentially a slightly better version of Ménage a Trois in everything but name, and I wasn’t a fan of Ménage a Trois either.

19. Kiesza - TOOT - The chorus definitely saves this. It’s very close to being formulaic, but it takes just enough of a different direction to make it fresh and unique instead of overdone.

20. Sunmi - TOOT - I’m not usually a fan of solo kpop, but this is fun. It’s got cool enough production to save it from being sickly-sweet bubblegum without falling into the overdone “too cool” category.

21. Camden Cox - BOOT - I guess I get why y’all clickraced for this since it’s such obvious TSC bait, but I won’t be going out of my way to listen to it again.

22. Hanna Ferm - BOOT - I don’t get the hype here, I really don’t.
1386 days 20 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. BOOT - My god that was whiny!
2. BOOT - Salt was right there and you send this! Choices!
3. BOOT - This was dull
4. BOOT - More whiny shit... great!
5. TOOT - Heard this before and it is such a bop!
6. BOOT - Her voice is so annoying! How did this qualify over Gaga?
7. BOOT - A lot of qualifiers this week were choices
8. TOOT - It's generic but it's alright and honestly that's a lot for this week. Light toot.
9. TOOT - This was great! I was kind of mesmorized by it
10. BOOT - This was just loud and sounded distorted
11. TOOT - Kind of a bop tbh
12. TOOT - This has some personality to it! Quite good
13. BOOT - Why?
14. TOOT - I didn't have high expectations but this is actually a bop
15. BOOT - This sounds like elevator music
16. TOOT - Kept my attention. Kind of a bop tbh
17. BOOT - This was cringey
18. TOOT - Keeping the same formula I see! It's still a bop though
19. BOOT - Didn't care for this at all. I got bored
20. TOOT - I quite liked this. Much better than the other crap this week!
21. TOOT - There's a bit of a 2000s club feel to this
22. TOOT - Such a bop! This certainly went off!
1386 days 18 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) The Tide- Gives me Jon Bellion vibes (that’s a good thing). I could do without some of the techno stuff.
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max- She’s always solid. Solid as a an archeological fossil (if you get it, you get it).
03) Smith & Thell- Yes, hunny. Love those dark Americana vibes.
04) Clara Mae- The chorus is kinda catchy and the synths make it pleasing. The rest is a little “ehhhhhh”
05) Aly and AJ- Clever original witty I really enjoy it
06) LOVA- It was sweet and reminded me of high school love.
07) Julian Peretta- Another okay pop song that doesn’t really do much for me. He’s lovesick and sad, but he could use some more descriptive words to express that. Idk.
08) Elle Hollis- The chorus feels like it gets abruptly cut off, but the rest of it was a thorough vibe, if a bit halfbaked.
09) Tara Lee- It was kind of cool but I went back and forth between enjoying the haunting atmosphere and thinking it was too repetitive…
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis- It was basic disco pop, but I like the vibe.
11) JOWST- Hmmmmmmm her voice wasn’t doing it for me. Or most of the lyrics.
12) The Hot Damns- A hot damn mess. Those voices were all over the place. I think I’d like w/ diff singers.
13) Kendji Girac- It started off kinda hype and dramatic with the strings, but….. maybe went too dramatic.
14) Galantis- Very hype, but it didn’t connect w/ me. I think it was too much all at once.
15) Taylor Kelly- It’s really interesting and I like mellow vibes. The bridge is the best part IMO bc of the lyrics and how much it stands out. From there, I really like it a lot. Beforehand, it’s kinda hazy and blends together.
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska- It was pretty chill and I liked it, even though I didn’t know what to make of it at times. It flowsssssss.
17) VINCINT- Maybe bc it’s morning but “inspo” songs like this usually turn me off. The belting was also not my thing.
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker- LMAO the first line reminded me of Trisha Paytas in every single one of her videos. It’s a little generic compared to the last LIZOT entry. Leaves much to be desired, dahhhhhling.
19) Kiesza- It’s vintage sounding, so that’s appealing. Kinda repetitive.
20) Sunmi- I loved the chorus, this girl really owns it and serves.
21) Camden Cox- I like this, and it’s consistent. Maybe too consistent, because at times I felt like I was just listening to atmosphere. But it steps up toward the end and gets really really good.
22) Hanna Ferm- It’s solid, and I like her voice. I think the song trapped her a bit, she could do better.
1386 days 16 hours ago
chris2pei
01) The Tide - TOOT! I actually liked it, I stan bands entering song contests, I like the tune, the song definitely grew to me which is great for this entry. I think I could listen to their songs tbh.

02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - TOOT! This was absolutely catchy song and I enjoyed this. This was just repetitive throughout but still tolerable.

03) Smith & Thell - NOOT! This is good, still serviceable song but it's not enough for the win though.

04) Clara Mae - TOOT! Chorus was so appealing to me, I even sang the lyrics while listening to this. This song definitely grew to me since semifinal and hearing this again in finals is just precious.

05) Aly and AJ -TOOT! I'm so ecstatic this made in finals. This kind of music is kinda hit or miss to anyone but for me it's a big hit.

06) LOVA - NOOT! This has good rhythm I just felt bored in the start throughout. I'm expecting it could be better but it wasn't sadly.

07) Julian Peretta - TOOT! I was digging for this during semis to qualify. I just like the tune, the voice and everything throughout this entry.

08) Elle Hollis - NOOT! I dunno what to feel in this entry. Listening this for second time but it still not into me. This is interesting but the chorus is just so dry for me and I think this needs more swing.

09) Tara Lee -TOOT! I love the gloomy feeling in this music and the arrangement of the song is just superb. Not a fan of her vocals tho.

10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - This giving me 80s vibes and I lovin and enjoying this. This could be hit or miss to anyone sadly but hopefully they see something special in this entry.

11) JOWST - BOOT! I'm not enjoying this, it was just so repetitive, and nothing so special in this actually.

12) The Hot Damns - TOOT! This absolutely grew on me, what a cute song & captivating vocals. Such a bop!

13) Kendji Girac - TOOT! TOOT! KING! I'm not a fan of french song but when I heard this oh wow this was so great, so appealing to me, and the song just stuck in my head. Well done!

14) Galantis - BOOT! I want to like this since Fauozia was the singer but the music was just so generic for me.

15) Taylor Kelly - NOOT! Even though this entry bores me I think there's a good quality in this song like the tune and I feel relaxed listening to this.

16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - TOOT! I loved the dark aura in this entry, the chorus was so appealing for me, not a fan of vocals & seems repetitive but still tolerable.

17) VINCINT - BOOT! So happy to see VINCINT here but I'm not liking this song unfortunately.

18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - TOOT! The beginning was just so catchy but the latter just become so repetitive to me yet still tolerable for me! This is a good disco song to be honest.

19) Kiesza - TOOT! What a cute song, this has just a nice beat, lovely vocals and I cannot hate this song for some reason.

20) Sunmi - TOOT! QUEEN! I feel like Sunmi doesn't have worst song am I? I definitely enjoyed all her song even this which totally grew to me since finals. I guess Kpoppers will have a good week.

21) Camden Cox - TOOT! This kinda wildcard for me. At first I'm annoyed in this song but the song grew to me and the beat is an absolute banger. So happy this get qualified and possibly win. 

22) Hanna Ferm - TOOT! This was just a bop and great closing in the final. I'm loving the vibes throughout. This is pretty solid and I'm getting problem right now who's swapping you in in my top 10 list.
1386 days 12 hours ago
bibbles
i always worry my comments are too short, so i made them longer!

001) The Tide –  I cant believe IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was okay, hes a bit mockney, but not bad!
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max – bet you cant believe IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! Its okay, a bit repetitive in places, quite a familiar voice!
03) Smith & Thell – in case you didn’t know, IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was okay, a big countrified.
04) Clara Mae – its quite shocking IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! Shes too whispery and its quite bland and doesn’t go anywhere!
05) Aly and AJ – who was surprised IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! It was not too bad, heard worse!
06) LOVA – so IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! Slury swearing! Its very drab!
07) Julian Peretta – wonder why IAWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was quite good, in a sleepy kind of way!
08) Elle Hollis – disappointing the IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was okay, it plodded along without too much trouble!
09) Tara Lee – how did IAMWARFACE not qualify! Wish the vocals were a bit strong, felt like she was almost talking.
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis – and IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was a bit drippy could have been a bit stronger!
11) JOWST – bet you all thought IAMWARFACE would qualify! This felt like she was trying too hard with the lyrics!
12) The Hot Damns – sad that IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! They vocals on this was awful!!
13) Kendji Girac – I was sure IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was very ballady, it was harmless!
14) Galantis – everyone was amazed that IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! The vocals were a bit annoying in places. Not really my thing!
15) Taylor Kelly – I thought IAMWARFACE might qualify! A bit coffee lounge and bit lift music!
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska  - how comes IAMWARFACE not qualify! Not for me!
17) VINCINT – it was bad that IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! We that was quite enjoyable!
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker –in another contest perhaps IAMWARFACE would qualify! How did I miss that swearing!!
19) Kiesza – mini bibs was surprised IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! Shes screeching!
20) Sunmi – IAMWARFACE is surprised IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! I like this!
21) Camden Cox – just incase you didn’t read all of these IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! Its wishy washy!
22) Hanna Ferm – and in the end IAMWARFACE didn’t qualify! This was okay!
1386 days 7 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) The Tide- This sounds slightly dated and honestly kind of cheesy. i don't know this just didn't excite me much. BOOT
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max- The verses were less interesting then watching paint dry, very unmemorable and then the chorus hit and it is absolute garbage. This isn't it. BOOT
03) Smith & Thell- I feel like the more song by this duo that I hear the less I like them. This is certainly better then Goliath but personally I just find it kinda bleh overall... NOOT
04) Clara Mae- Well that was really quite bland. It had potential but it wasn't pushed to the edge. BOOT
05) Aly and AJ- This was cute I do prefer the verses to the chorus but its fine, its different, its edgy, its nice. TOOT
06) LOVA- Another boring turd of a song. This nearly put me to sleep it's just so boring. Like the build could go somewhere as the chorus has a good pre chorus type melody but they just decide nah were gonna keep being bland and go back to the piano. BOOT
07) Julian Peretta- Alright mister Julian you brought the club banger and I was here for it. TOOT
08) Elle Hollis- I was ready for this to be a rero feel song that would just not be my style at all but this is actually pretty solid, it's upbeat so it stays winning already for me. TOOT
09) Tara Lee- This is pretty solid, nothing special but the verses are really good and the chorus does it too. Pretty dark, just how I like it. TOOT
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis- I had came across with this its pretty nice. It has a very dream pop vibe to it because of the vocals and the effects. It's nothing special but it's cute, it's a vibe. TOOT
11) JOWST- How About Mars outsold on so many levels. The verses were pretty meh and then the chorus was just lacking melody for me. BOOT
12) The Hot Damns- Token retro sounding song that doesn't do it for me. And this one even sounds dated as heck, very late 00s early 10s for me. BOOT
13) Kendji Girac- Middle eastern vibes ok. I'm not here for it gives me kinda kizomba vibes which is a popular style here in Portugal and it is kinda like... uuuuuuuuh. I don't know I just don't like the melody here sorry Kendji. BOOT PS- Dolly Style outsold
14) Galantis- Well. This was generic as fuck, and a bit too summery for me. It can go. BOOT
15) Taylor Kelly- Very alternative, quite jazzy. Not my style tho but I appreciate it for what it is. Still, a BOOT
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska- This has a bit of a Banks vibe to it except more on the pop side. Really like the style and it definitely stands out. TOOT
17) VINCINT- This isnt usually my type of pop music but the chorus is pretty good. It feels a little cheesy tho. nOw I'm tOoOoOoOoOrN I'm gonna have to give out another NOOT
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker- LIZOT doing the same song over and over again <3 you gotta love it. To be honest I don't really care if its Menage a Trois 2.0 because it slaps and I'd get down to it at the club so I stan. TOOT
19) Kiesza- Not my style at all, its fine, its nothing special tho and left little impact on me. Also it drags a lot to me. BOOT
20) Sunmi- Good retro feel pop song, I don't usually like these but the melodical line here makes it worth it. TOOT
21) Camden Cox- Are you kidding me? I LovE this, it is so eXciting and frEsH. What a good find, it slaps but it isnt 2 overbearing. I did try to submit this and I hate whoever did before me, they should be hit by a 3 branch. TOOT
22) Hanna Ferm- Honestly I remembered this being much better then it truly is. That being said, still a solid bop. Dotter really said I'm gonna be brave and give my friend Hanna the best song and keep the scraps (Backfire). TOOT
1386 days 3 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) The Tide - BOOT. Heard this a few weeks ago but thought the song title was so annoying and the way he brings it into the song is so cringey
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - toot. it's kinda funny this is in this week. Ava and Faouzia LOL the song is ok it's a soft toot
03) Smith & Thell - BOOT. Unimpressive
04) Clara Mae - TOOT. It hooks me more than I want to admit.
05) Aly and AJ - TOOT. This song is a slay and I'm surprised it wasn't in last week
06) LOVA - BOOT. Waste of a spot lol should've gone to something a bit more interesting
07) Julian Peretta - TOOT. This beat is really grabbing me. I'm on a journey
08) Elle Hollis  - TOOT. It's fun and pleasant to listen to despite it not really going anywhere
09) Tara Lee - Toot. has elements that could really grow on me. But it veers on the meh edgy territory after a while
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - TOOT. I'm really stanning what these women have to offer.
11) JOWST - TOOT. Edgy but not THAT edgy, it's just repetitive
12) The Hot Damns - Toot. This is fine but it just doesn't age that well
13) Kendji Girac - Toot. When the verse started gaining momentum and building to a potentially epic chorus, I was ready to 12 it. And then it just kinda fizzled and I'm very disappointed in this.
14) Galantis - Toot. This song gives me a burst of energy
15) Taylor Kelly - boot. She sounds like Jojo but this song wasn't doing it for me
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - TOOT. This beat is awesome I want to listen to this a bunch more times. But the chorus is the best part and the other verses fail to compare
17) VINCINT - TOOT. Def the best entry from a MAN this week. I expect this to do well
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - Toot. This is the winner pick this week? Even without knowing that I wouldn't give this many points. I like certain aspects but it gets old after a while. I want something new from them
19) Kiesza - TOOT. She didn't need to slay that hard. I hope this wins
20) Sunmi - TOOT. I almost entered this and obviously it's great
21) Camden Cox - boot. not a fan
22) Hanna Ferm - TOOT. So much better than that stupid brave song this is a slay
1386 days ago
CharlieBibi
01) The Tide - Wasn’t sure what this was gonna be, originally thought it was bibbles-esque but it clearly isn’t. I don’t hate this tbh.
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - Two overhyped artists who’s music I just don’t care for. This does absolutely nothing for me.
03) Smith & Thell - I didn’t care for them the first time they were submitted I won’t care for them the 18th time they’ve been submitted either.
04) Clara Mae - This isn’t BAD but it’s like a slower version of Color Me In? It’s alright.
05) Aly and AJ - I feel like I’ve heard this song before this week, I don’t hate it. They have better but it’s a solid effort.
06) LOVA - This is HORRIBLY boring, I thought it was 100% not qualifying and this wasn’t even death slotted? The fuck?
07) Julian Peretta - This is really fucking grating. STOP MEN IN TSC.
08) Elle Hollis  - It’s decent :) Idk it’s pretty unremarkable but I don’t see how it didn’t get consistent 4s from everyone in a 17-song semi. In this final though, not sure where it finishes.
09) Tara Lee - I really don’t know why I gave this as many points as I did in the semi, I think it was just a really weak semi overall, this is good but not great.
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - This is definitely up my street, love the disco vibes. Not sure I care for the MAN but eh, I can tolerate it kinda.
11) JOWST - I love JOWST, always have. I’m not sure about this ooky spooky singer thingy they got going on but the song is decent I guess. Definitely compared to the rest of this final.
12) The Hot Damns - Probably my favorite Eden xo song other than Too Cool To Dance, but i’m vibin’.
13) Kendji Girac - I’ve heard this before, I don’t know that I’d ever submit this to TSC because man but I don’t HATE this. It’s decent.
14) Galantis - I’ve had it with Faouzia I swear I truly have. This bitch has somehow made me angry at SCOOBY-DOO. IMAGINE THAT.
15) Taylor Kelly - Whoever called this expensive elevator music was spot on. This exists.
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - I really like the chorus, not as keen on the verses but it’s a decent attempt anyways.
17) VINCINT - I can’t remember if I like this artist or not generally, this song is the epitome of _fine_ but the fact it’s probably coming like top 3 again makes me angry.
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - A worse version than Menage A Trois is still a Top tier song this week, TSC needs to get its shit together.
19) Kiesza - I do NOT like Kiesza at all and yet this song worked for me. I hate to admit it, I didn’t hate this as much as I was hoping I would.
20) Sunmi - It’s solid, Sunmi isn’t really one of my favorite Kpop stars but I suppose it’s a decent attempt, nothing worth going crazy over though.
21) Camden Cox - Not horrible but there’s a lot better EDM this week and I feel like this will be the entry that shockingly does terrible.
22) Hanna Ferm - Oh I see we’re doing this again huh, lovely. This was kinda grating after the first minute. It’s not horrible but it’s like discount Ava Max and Ava Max is already discount every other pop girlie so...
1385 days 21 hours ago
Insanity
1. The Tide - BOOT. I listened to both semis before the semi qualifiers were announced, and I literally didn’t remember this one from either semi. I finally remembered when that drop in the chorus came in, which is pleasant, but the song is quite boring otherwise.
2. Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT. Now listen, I’m not one to jump on the Ava Max hate train, but this song is admittedly really boring. I thought it started off pretty strong at first, but it loses energy after the first chorus and never seems to regain it.
3. Smith & Thell - BOOT. Attack of the straights! It’s fine for what it is, and I could see why there would be an audience for this song, but it’s not my cup of tea personally.
4. Clara Mae - TOOT. This was very ka-yute. I don’t remember anything about her other entry, but perhaps that’s a good thing. The chorus is really where I got sold. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
5. Aly & AJ - TOOT. The title of this song had me dying at first LOL. I love the beat in this song, very 80s. I wish the vocals were punchier to elevate this a little more, but it’s still very solid overall.
6. LOVA - BOOT. Edgy teen girl music. The black converse line was an atrocity to songwriting. This felt half baked and uninspired.
7. Julian Perretta - TOOT. For a man, I actually really enjoyed this entry. The chorus is a bit of a letdown, but it was a really nice chill tune.
8. Elle Hollis - TOOT. Follows a pretty similar structure to the last song actually, except this one actually has a bridge. It came together in the end, and for me it was very pleasant.
9. Tara Lee - BOOT. I wanted to enjoy this because the production was interesting, but it lost steam for me by the end, and overall there wasn’t anything very memorable about this song.
10. Victoria Monét, Khalid, SG Lewis - BOOT. Someone called Taylor Kelly elevator music (which I mean... it is), but like, I would make a case that this is more elevator music-esque. I appreciate the jazz notes and soft vocals, but appreciating and liking are not the same, I’m afraid.
11. JOWST - TOOT. The verses in this are sexy hot. The chorus is ummmm... interesting. I don’t know how to describe it, but it didn’t do much for me. If the whole song was as strong as the verses this could easily get my 12.
12. The Hot Damns - TOOT. A bit on the basic side, but it was cute for what it was. I wonder how memorable it will be towards the end, because we have some hard hitters coming up at the end of the contest, but this was a lot more enjoyable than most of the first half.
13. Kendji Girac - BOOT. Definitely don’t think I’m the audience for this type of song. I didn’t like the vocals and the style this song has to it, I’m afraid.
14. Galantis - BOOT. Faouzia sweetie no, you’re better than this generic track. This is the EPITOME of white girl singing over an EDM beat, and it’s very underwhelming and basic.
15. Taylor Kelly - BOOT. A bit groovy, but like... not in a way that intrigues me. It’s music you would hear at your local coffee shop. Nothing too inspiring, just background noise while you write an essay or something.
16. Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - BOOT. I wanted to like this because the production is really interesting and totally up my alley, but this kinda goes nowhere. It also ends quite abruptly.
17. VINCINT - TOOT. He always delivers some quality. Great vocals, and upbeat enough for me to enjoy. Nice entry.
18. LIZOT, Holy Molly, Alex Parker - BOOT. Call me controversial, but I am NOT rewarding an artist or a contestant for submitting a song that sounds near identical to another song we’ve heard already. The “ah-ah-ah” parts in the verses are the chorus are the same exact melodies as Menage a Trois. It follows the same structure as Menage a Trois, which normally I wouldn’t be mad at if the melodies weren’t pretty much exactly the same. It’s a decent song, but I can’t bring myself to enjoy it right now.
19. Kiesza - BOOT. This doesn’t hold a candle to some of her previous entries. There’s not a lot that’s super memorable about this one. Not a fan.
20. Sunmi - TOOT. I was afraid Sunmi couldn’t deliver anymore past Siren, as I was pretty unimpressed with Noir and Lalalay, but this was really sexy and fun. I wanted to submit this for 405, but I had a feeling someone would beat me to the punch. Very good song.
21. Camden Cox - TOOT. Oh FUCK ME UP. These beats are sexy, the vocals are sexy, everything about this is totally up my alley. Very strong effort.
22. Hanna Ferm - TOOT. Such a step up from Brave. This song showcases her vocals a lot better, and just flows better overall. Enjoyed the HINTS of disco as well, coming for Dua’s gig I see.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!