This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 403 Final

Topic » TSC 403 Final

1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
15) Taylor Kelly - 'California'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - 'Incomplete'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
17) VINCINT - 'Save Myself'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - 'Back to Her'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
19) Kiesza - 'Crave'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
20) Sunmi - 'pporappippam'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
21) Camden Cox - 'Apart'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
22) Hanna Ferm - 'Sweet Temptation'
1388 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
All 22 songs have been posted!

Please comment on all of the songs and send your votes (12, 10, 8-1) to me.

Votes are due 3PM EST/8PM BST on Sunday.

All qualifiers are required to vote. Non-qualifiers are not required to vote, but are welcome to do so.

TOOTS AND BOOTS ARE PREFERRED, BUT NOT MANDATORY.

Good luck!
1388 days 9 hours ago
varlto
01) The Tide - boot
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - boot
03) Smith & Thell - boot
04) Clara Mae - boot
05) Aly and AJ - toot
06) LOVA - boot
07) Julian Peretta - boot
08) Elle Hollis - boot
09) Tara Lee - boot
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - boot
11) JOWST - boot
12) The Hot Damns - boot
13) Kendji Girac - boot
14) Galantis - boot
15) Taylor Kelly - boot
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - boot
17) VINCINT - boot
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - boot
19) Kiesza - boot
20) Sunmi - boot
21) Camden Cox - boot
22) Hanna Ferm - boot
1388 days 8 hours ago
Eoin
Those do not suffice as comments but i like them
1388 days 8 hours ago
Patrick319
01) The Tide - TOOT - This was a light toot in the semi-final, and remains a soft toot. The verses are a lot of nonsensical build up but it pays off because the chorus is EASILY the best part of the song. The whole thing is perhaps a bit too teen rock for my taste, but it's not a bad song.
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT - Nobody asked for this and I repeat NOT A SINGLE SOUL asked for this to be entered. It's better than Faded Part 1 which is easily Alan Walker's worst and most overrated song, but this submission is such an eye roll.
03) Smith & Thell - BOOT - They have about one or two good songs but everything else is more of the same old shit. I get that it's their signature sound but I think we get the point by now. Artists REINVENT themselves. I actually liked this when it first came out but it got tired fast. It hasn't aged as well as Forgive Me Friend which forever remains their best song.
04) Clara Mae - BOOT - This is serving Weekly Discover on Spotify which translates into unremarkable, generic pop tune. Meh.
05) Aly and AJ - TOOT - I'm so glad these girls are back producing pop bangers for our ears. Attack of Panic was SO good, and certainly underrated by the majority of players in this group. This is serving much more of a disco vibe, which I equally dig. I hope this does well.
06) LOVA - TOOT - This got draw fucked between two other ballads in the semi-final but I'm glad she overcame that. I actually really like this. It has a Julia Michaels vibe but without the annoying, overdone vocal. A pleasant listen with a touching melody. STAN LOVA!
07) Julian Peretta - TOOT - The verses verge on boring but they build well. The chorus has a summery, laid-back vibe. The pre-chorus is exceptional. I think I could have used a bit more of a banging chorus, but it's still a good song.
08) Elle Hollis - BOOT - This song is such a giant pile of nothingness that I don't even have words for it. The chorus is irritating, and the verses are quite bland. On paper I should prefer this to the likes of LOVA, but I don't. It's void of any personality or originality.
09) Tara Lee - TOOT - This was in ESCT so I've heard it before. I actually love it. It's super dark, and sounds edgy without being pretentious about it. Strong entry.
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - BOOT - Black excellence but I can't say I love it. I'm normally a fan of the throwback disco vibe but I reckon this went a bit too far with it. I don't like the hazy vocals either. It's the best boot by far, but I wouldn't listen to it again so why get your hopes up with a toot?
11) JOWST - BOOT - This got a toot in the semi-final, but devolved into a boot for the final. I thought it was edgy by Jowst's standards whose post-Eurovision material has been mostly generic ass, but I don't think I'd consider an amalgamation of random noises 'edgy'. This was just bad.
12) The Hot Damns - TOOT - This sounds like a punchier version of Kiesza's song. Not Eden's best, but it nicely executes a vintage sound that's very clearly in style right now.
13) Kendji Girac - TOOT - Kendji is so hot, and I've always liked his music. I cannot believe this man is younger than me. My mind was blown when I found out his age. This is kind of serving an 80's soap opera vibe, but the chorus saves it from cringe. Strong instrumental with a fantastic ethnic flavour.
14) Galantis - TOOT - IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE, but I can't deny that this is kind of a bop. I think Galantis is one of my favourite DJ's, so from a production standpoint I really like this. I think it benefits from being in a smaller final, too.
15) Taylor Kelly - BOOT - Elevator music. I can't say I enjoyed it.
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - BOOT - I don't know what I expected from this considering the artist's name. That name is EXTREMELY Polish. I think I expected outdated trashy bop, but I got an outdated ambient electro pop vibe instead? I don't even know what to call it. There's a chance I'd like it had it been modernized for 2020 standards, but everything about it just reads as dated monotony.
17) VINCINT - TOOT - Better than his last song to be entered. Black male talent is always hit or miss in TSC, but I'm generally appreciative. His vocal is smooth as butter, and the chorus is a lot of fun.
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - TOOT - Not as good as Menage a Trois which is perhaps my favourite TSC entry of 2020, but still an absolute banger. I'm going to mimic an annoying YouTube comment trend: 98% SEX 2% MUSIC!!!!
19) Kiesza - BOOT - This might be a controversial boot but this is another song that has devolved into a boot since the semi-final. Is it just me or does the beginning sound like a Walk Off The Moon song? That similarity in the instrumental persists throughout the song. I prefer All Of The Feelings, and the more I think about that the less I like Crave.
20) Sunmi - BOOT - I thought I liked this at first but quickly realized that it's her worst song to date. The production is somewhat interesting, but the chorus was incredibly underwhelming. I needed a killer drop, or a stronger hook in general to like this.
21) Camden Cox - TOOT - I'M SO TORN ON THIS. The production sounds about a decade late at first. It sounds like a Euro-dance banger from 2009, but also feels modern? That disconnect is putting me off but objectively this is still a GOOD SONG. Incredibly infectious at times, but perhaps a tad repetitious for me to seriously love.
22) Hanna Ferm - TOOT - Super strong closer. Brave was comparatively ass so I don't get why she decided to enter that to Melodifestivalen instead. I've grown a bit tired of it since its release but it's objectively a killer pop tune. I reckon it'll split the vote with Camden. We'll see.
1388 days 6 hours ago
onemanarmy
01) The Tide - Toot - Signed by the Vamps we have our new Twink band and some may Remember Austin from The X Factor, clearly his Playback days are over and he's headed in a much better direction. I Really like the chorus on this and Austin is still a cutie.

02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - Toot - It may not be among my favorites of the night and Ava has much better and I've never been a fan of Alan Walker's sound but her Voice is great on this and nothing was off putting with the production.

03) Smith & Thell - Boot - They fall under the same sound as Elle King and I hate both artist. I picture a barn full of line dancers when I hear them and it makes me cringe.

04) Clara Mae - Toot - If and when she's given a bigger budget she can easily become the next Chvrches.

05) Aly and AJ - Toot - This was scheduled for me to submit this week but after so many NQ this year I went with something that wouldn't sting as much if it didn't qualify. We both qualified so it's a win/win for me thus now I can give this points. This throwback to the Ace Of Base Era has quickly become my favorite song by them.

06) LOVA - Toot - Her voice is great, the song is borderline boring if not in the right mood for it but it has a certain attitude to it that can really be appreciated when in the right mood.

07) Julian Peretta - Boot - By no means does this sound bad, his voice is good and it's geared to my taste but for some reason I'm just not connecting with it.

08) Elle Hollis - Boot - Originally I really liked this but the more I listen to it the more I don't like the chorus. It lost it's initial appeal and has now faded away.

09) Tara Lee - Toot - Initially I didn't think much of this but the more I listen to it the more I connect with it and it's appeal keeps growing.

10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - Boot - I appreciate the disco vibes and as a whole it doesn't scream bad yet I fail to connect with it and it's just not growing on me.

11) JOWST - Toot - It has it's flaws but it holds my attention, it's geared to my taste and I'm able to connect with it.
1388 days 4 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) The Tide - BOOT - The drop feels so out of place to me. Overall, just not my cup of tea.
02) Alan Walker, Ava Max - BOOT - It caught my attention with the LALALALALA's, but they pretty quickly became a turn-off. Meh.
03) Smith & Thell - BOOT - It's better than Goliath, so there's THAT. Toe-tappy. At the end of the day, even if it is quality, it's not good enough to overcome not being my typical thing.
04) Clara Mae - BOOT - lmfao @ me booting the first 4 songs. THIS IS WHY I DON'T TOOT OR BOOT, IT'S BLACK OR WHITE AND NO SHADES OF GREY. Anyway, this sounds like a good majority of "discover" spotify playlist songs that I skip over. SORRY.
05) Aly and AJ - TOOT - Is this a sample? If it's something obvious and I can't figure it out, feel free to spit on me and call me the previously banable f-word. Just feels so familiar. Digging the 80's feel. It's cool.
06) LOVA - BOOT - It has potential, but it's lacking a MOMENT.
07) Julian Peretta - TOOT - Chill and an extremely easy listen. Solid all around.
08) Elle Hollis - BOOT - Like LOVA, it's void of a MOMENT. It's more stylistically appealing to me than LOVA, but if I HAVE to toot or boot, it ends up in the latter. And yes, this and LOVA have to be compared because of the video stills -- that's the rules. 
09) Tara Lee - TOOT - Like the dark feel of it and the production in general. I wish there was more catchiness to it, which is my only real gripe.
10) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - TOOT - Honestly, 3 minutes and 8 seconds of ASMR roller skating noises would have been more appealing than some songs in this contest. Anyway, super cute throwback vibes here. Could float away to this.
11) JOWST - BOOT - It's much harder of production than I've heard from JOWST previously, I was expecting something a bit more generic. It honestly would have been a toot based on the surprise element of being something I didn't expect, but by the time the drop came around the second time I realized that I wasn't too keen on it.
12) The Hot Damns - BOOT - Girl, you almost had me until the chopped up vocal in the chorus. OoOOOOoooHoHaAahHoW. Yuck. Take it out and you've got a cute little entry.
13) Kendji Girac - TOOT. Really hit the spot for me in the semi and it's hitting the spot now. I'm not sure it would have the same impact amongst other songs of its kind, but it really stands out in TSC because these types of entries are so few and far in between.
14) Galantis - TOOT - I feel like I had a better Galantis song sitting on my list (no shade, mawma). Faouzia is really SANGIN' but I'm not exactly sure how I feel about her voice with this kind of production/vocal effect. I ended up on a SLIGHT toot because while I was questioning how Faouzia fits onto this kind of production, I noticed my ass was moving a bit. Never let me toot and boot again.
15) Taylor Kelly - BOOT - Patrick and I are on the same page here. This was my semi comment: "Cute slightly upscale elevator music."
16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - TOOT - Oh, she's an edgy girl, huh? It's a lot more chill than I was expecting -- I was really expecting for it to go OTT and it kinda stayed at one level (though I liked that level).
17) VINCINT - TOOT - I had to restart this about 30 seconds in because I was pretty certain that the fan video was going to ruin this for me. <3 I'm starting to lose hope that he is going to get anywhere near "Please Don't Fall In Love" levels of greatness, but this is solid. Love his voice.
18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - TOOT - Is this original in the slightest? No. Is this copy and pasting a few good songs together into one? Basically. Do I care? Not at all. Bop.
19) Kiesza - TOOT - A slight toot. Has a nice throwback element to it, but I don't connect with as much as most of her previous work.
20) Sunmi - TOOT - Okay nobody fucking told me that my girl put out a new track. On first listen, it's nowhere near her best, but it's super pretty and the chorus has good energy without getting anywhere near bubblegum. I'd like to say I'm a stan but I didn't know she had a new song out until now. :/
21) Camden Cox - TOOT - I entered this a few times as a back-up prior to it becoming eligible without noticing it wasn't eligible, ooooopth. I overplayed the shit out of it when it came out, but I haven't listened to it in a few weeks and the break really helped it.
22) Hanna Ferm - TOOT - This is leagues above the two things that I've previously heard from her. I was genuinely gagged when I first heard it, as she went from a void the first time I was exposed to her into a meme with Brave into THIS. Shouldn't surprise me because Sweden churns shit like this out, but it's a good piece of pop music.
1388 days 2 hours ago
onemanarmy
12) The Hot Damns - Toot - It's rare for me not to like a Eden Xo bop so no surprise here that I enjoyed this.

13) Kendji Girac - Hoot - A hoot can mean different things but in this case it's used to express my annoyance with this song and my objection to it's existence.

14) Galantis - Boot - This felt disoriented, generic and just not very good as a whole.

15) Taylor Kelly - Hoot - A Hoot can mean different things but in this case it's used to express that I don't give a hoot about this song, not one bit.

16) Agata Dziarma Dziarmagowska - Boot - It's not a bad 1 time listen but by weeks end I'm not gonna remember this exists.

17) VINCINT - Boot - I really loved his last entry and really tried to get into this one but for some reason I just can't connect with it. It's not bad, I mean it's VINCINT, it's just not a hit with me.

18) LIZOT, Holy Moly, Alex Parker - Toot - I do like it and it's another bop from them but it's not different enough from Menage A Trois to be overly excited about it.

19) Kiesza - Toot - It took several listens to get into this one but I managed in the end. I'm not crazy for her high notes that much though so my love for it atm may not last long.

20) Sunmi - Boot - This one wasn't off putting but it did fail to excite me.

21) Camden Cox - Toot - This is fine, not spectacular but it's relaxing with a nice vibe to it.

22) Hanna Ferm - Toot - Similar vibe to Camden but executed much better, it's decent but over hyped just a tad. There is other songs that will get more airplay from me.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!