This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 395 Final

Topic » TSC 395 Final

1454 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) f(x) - Pretty chaotic but at the same time kinda passed me by? Idk it just didn’t do much for me and then it was done.
02) Ryland James - He has a nice voice, this started promisingly but went in a direction I was definitely surprised by. I think I was actually quite pleasantly surprised? I was expecting a Sam Smith kinda ballad and it was punchier than that. The verses are a bit nothing in comparison and I don’t think it’s all that memorable but a decent enough song.
03) Sam Tinnesz - I do have to respect how Zayde Tinnesz always raise the bar for their 400 other Netflix-pop counterparts. I was definitely more into the dark almost synthy verses than the chorus, and it’s not really something I think I’d come back to, but it was pretty decent and solid overall.
04) Ana Whiterose - This started out like it was gonna be some Netflix cinematic powerful kinda thing but again I was surprised at the direction it took. I like the ethnic elements, the chorus is really nice to listen to. Actually really enjoyed this, probably more than I should’ve. Just a really pleasant listen the whole way through. No idea what a luxor mood is but I’m all on board with feeling it or whatever.
05) MisterWives - Oh they fell off. :( Her voice doesn’t suit this kind of song really idk what it is it just feels grating here. There are moments where it’s quite nice but as a whole it didn’t really click for me.
06) Grace Carter - This falls somewhere between her ESCT flop and her TSC greats, it’s melodically quite nice but I feel like it lacks the punch/power of Why Her Not Me/Heal Me. It’s nice, but only nice.
07) Cleo - Quite liked this when it was in TWSC but it definitely feels quite stale to me on a repeated listen. It’s nice, quite fun, World Cup kinda anthemic but idk I wasn’t really into it this time around. The verses really do drag after a fun chorus.
08) Isak Danielson - Oh this is more the Sam Smith direction I was dreading/expecting from Ryland. It’s definitely well executed though, it didn’t bore me and these songs very easily do. Don’t know how it’ll shape up this week but it’s a very solid song, enjoyable, great voice, no real complaints. Maybe a contender?
09) KAZKA - Idk if this player just ran out of ideas but <3 I’m not complaining. I had considered sending this myself but noticed that a lot of TSC players didn’t score it very highly in ESCT so decided against it, you’ll be getting decent points from me anyway. The part where she turns into a one woman Tulia is a particular highlight.
10) Aura Dione - LMAO this was kinda funny I’m not sure if it was supposed to but it made me laugh. The “I wanna be a lesbian” line sent me. It’s no Shania Twain but it was fun!
11) NOTD, Astrid S - Heard this one before while searching, it’s good. Just a really solid song, probably one of Astrid’s better songs. Just a really nice listen, like it a lot, another contender maybe?
12) AOA - Started off good, really had my interest in the build up the chorus but couldn’t help but be a little let down by the end result. Didn’t need to be a banger necessarily but it felt pretty lowkey and uneventful for what it built up to. It’s alright.
13) Unlike Pluto - Very interesting intro, please go off please go off- okay it didn’t go off as much as I wanted it to but it wasn’t BAD. Wish there was more of a chorus to it because there’s a really good song in here somewhere and there are moments I like this a LOT but the whole package didn’t quite deliver on it. A shame, maybe after a couple of listens I’d be more into it?
14) Yola - This is riiight up my street like Rick’s about to go into my recently played Spotify artists and find her right at the top because I am definitely coming back to this. Stunning voice, stunning instrumental, stunning chorus, one of my favourite songs to have been in TSC this year. Really really fucking good.
15) Molly Sanden - Ooh this was honestly better than I was expecting it to be. Really into the production, melodically it’s a little weak but I was bopping to this anyway. TSC needs more Swedish language pop it’s been going off recently.
16) ULRIKA - I just didn’t enjoy this for a single second, something about it just really irritated me.
17) Solar - This started out really interesting I was ready to be slain but the chorus just didn’t do it for me. It’s pretty slick and the production is strong but I was left underwhelmed by the whole product.
18) Amy Shark - I swear this woman is ALWAYS here leave us ALONE. I feel like I’ve listened to this song so many times and it’s literally never by choice I’m so tired. It’s like Sorry by Meg Myers on a budget.
19) SOFI TUKKER - I have to appreciate how dedicated they are to either being really great or really horrible. I think this one’s really great? It was such a journey and obviously completely mad, but I was living. Think I need another listen to be sure but I’m definitely feeling something for this song.
20) Tei Shi - Oooh this appealed to me instantly. Great production, I like her voice a lot, strong chorus, really liked this. Dark synth/indie pop executed really well.
21) LODATO - The chorus definitely makes this, the verses are a bit nothing. Don’t think I’m that bothered though because I was bopping hard to the chorus. Solid pick.
22) Ruben -
It’s FINE.
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - Ooh this was better than I thought it’d be honestly, I love AlunaGeorge but their collabs are usually pretty underwhelming. Granted this is pretty much all in the chorus but it’s pretty fine all the way through and the chorus slaps. Good song, got a very retro feel to it while still being fresh.
24) TITA - I am absolutely slain by this trashy trainwreck she WON. A banger from start to finish I have no choice but to stan.
1454 days 8 hours ago
Darbe
1. f(x) – sounds like passable 2000s pop, but its juvenile and I hate this style of singing
2. ryland james – this is the second time I’ve heard him in TSC and both times he was death slotted lol rip. i like his voice.
3. sam tinnesz - i would not be surprised if this does really well. it's like a less impactful teeth.
4. ana whiterose - i really liked this. smooth and LMAO when it gets dark near the end
5. misterwives - this is decent indie-pop obviously. not as good as their other songs.
6. grace carter - ok sonically, but i found the lyrics corny im sorry.
7. cleo - sometimes even being in this contest offends me sometimes. this is so bad and the fact it qualified.. lol
8. isak danielson - passable gospel pop. i wanted to like this more than i did
9. KAZKA - i hate when people use ESCT entries but the production on this is stunning so who can complain really
10. aura dione - the phrase MOR comes to mind
11. NOTD - honestly i'm really rooting for this average cute bop this week
12. AOA - comparing it to the other kpop songs, this is at least listenable
13. unlike pluto - idk why i hated this so much in my semi, its not even that bad in retrospect
14.  yola - why does this sound like a christmas song lmao what. kinda pretty lowkey tho.
15. molly sanden - i rly like this subtle smooth kinda stuff
16. ulrikka - her vocal is so good. i just dont like the song at all.
17. solar - the verses/pre-chorus were unexpectedly good, the chorus was a bit disappointing at first but it grew on me. would not be shocked it this wins
18. amy shark - i actually quite liked this, even though it sounds like it was made on the cheapest software available :(
19. sofi tukker - i can't tell whether this is a mess or genius LMAOO i like it
20. tei shi - i like the production a lot. this is good enough for me.
21. LODATO - the gay bop of the contest lol
22. ruben - i hear there was a clickrace for this. honestly i've never heard of him, but this is a really polished track so i understand. i really enjoyed this.
23. peking duk - was falling asleep but that chorus came out of nowhere and hit me hard. did we save all the good songs for the end?
24. tita - ^ oh apparently we didn't. cheap af.
1454 days 7 hours ago
VanessaFeltz
Haven't done this since 2014!

Comments:

F(x) – Woah this was loud!

Ryland Adams – Sounds like something I would hear on the radio. Nice.

Sam Tinnesz – Funky sound. Lyrics are a bit creepy

Ana Whiterose – Is she trying to be edgy?

Misterwives – This is just lovely. I can just imagine myself dancing to this

Grace Carter – I wish I had amnesia so I could forget this song

Cleo – Was she on Eurovision? Rather exciting song. Is the song about her Grandma?

Isak Danielson – I’m not even religious but I liked this song

KAZKA – LOUD and I have no idea what is going on

Aura Dione – I would hate to be her ex after this burn of a song

NOTD, Astrid S – A song I can shake my booty to

AOA – Ok… moving on

Unlike Pluto – Feels like I’m being advertised a new shooting game

Yola – lol groceries. It was a lovely song

Molly Sanden – Boring! Next!

ULRIKA – Style over substance

SOLAR – I don’t care for K-Pop. Why is there so much of it?

Amy Shark – It’s nice. I like her voice

Sofi Tukker – What is this and why do I like it?

Tei Shi – Another song I can shake my booty to!

LODATO – Bit dated but I still like it

Ruben – How can something try to sound so edgy but end up being so plain?

Peking Duk & Aluna George – I liked them back in 2013. Bit of a step down but still good

TITA – Ended like it started with something LOUD!
1454 days 7 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) f(x) - ok its definitely better with headphones. the production is a bit of a chaotic mess but thats why i kind of like it? it is a MESS and thats okay <3 that chorus though.. what even is that EWWWW!
02) Ryland James - boring MAN at the end of the day. this is just not for me its just so run of the mill basic white man sounding CRAP! lacina was correct when she said gender bias <3
03) Sam Tinnesz - ummm well okay he is a bit full on isnt he... hold on this is how a boring white man SHOULD do it ryland take notes bc at least this was a bit exciting and had that umfppttttttt!
04) Ana Whiterose - this has grown on me a LOT. its kind of stun actually it just seems so silky and polished like. yup yup yup i love it.
05) MisterWives - oh.. my.. god.. *takes out headphones* SO beautiful.. theres nothing else to say this was just a euphoric experience
06) Grace Carter - oh she came to serve a lil bit. i actually love her music i think shes a very interesting artist i like the vibe and the approach shes went with this its not as SAD as why her not me it has a lil bit of that pizzazz and its just what i need. that chorus is amazing but it could've been like so much more cunty and BOPPY im no producer so not sure how you'd do that i just have a vision
07) Cleo - umm yh this is very chanty and world peace or whatever blardy blardy BLAH. i feel like i should be waving a flag while shes singing or something im just a bit sick if im honest it seems so.. forced
08) Isak Danielson - ZzZzZzzzzzzzzZzz OH BOG OFF... actually wait.. that build up to the chorus was kind of everything.. and now we go back to the boring verses oh well its over.
09) KAZKA - oh period we needed some spice to this week and shes giving it. mmm yes my ethnic girly is rly showing u all how its done i just want to blow a flute while snakes slither around me
10) Aura Dione - AURA DIONE... i love how brutally honest she is she doesnt hold back i just wish you sent in colourblind instead of this song.. its just a bit... CRAP actually. colourblind would've been a serve but im here for this lesbo the chorus is quite good <3
11) NOTD, Astrid S - you know what i like this as much as i DONT want to. its quite an obvious pick to send this week. i heard it and it didnt leave that much of an impact but hearing it again yeah its OKAY i just feel like its a lil bit basic
12) AOA - i like the production like it has all the right elements. nice build up to the chorus and what not. but its just another kpop song it doesnt really reinvent the wheel now does it.
13) Unlike Pluto - this is the worst thing ive ever heard in my life and im NOT joking whoever sent this ill be having a private word with you.. my poor ears!!!!! :(
14) Yola - YOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YESSSSSSSSSSSSS SING IT BABY. its just so vintage yet so innovative.. her vocals wheeeeewwww adeles comeback CANCELLED. i cant get over this i know i say this a lot but THIS is beautiful. its one of the best songs ive heard actually yup yup yup.
15) Molly Sanden - this is such a chill bop like.. she didnt over do it and she didnt throw everything at the wall which i like. its quite understated but she STILL served. whats the other girls excuse? why does anybody bother at this point.. swedish pop is just superior
16) ULRIKA - ULRIKA JOHNSON GET LOST. this is absolute dog sh*te go back to being a weather girl!!!!!!! this is SO run of the mill and generic it hurts my soul
17) Solar - IS SHE BEING SERIOUSSSSSSSS....... SOLAR YOU DID IT AGAIN! YOU HAVE DECONSTRUCTED AND REDEFINED WHAT IT MEANT TO CONVEY AND OBTAIN THE CONCUPISCENT ANOMALISTIC CLEARANCE SHOWING THAT IDIOSYNCRASY IS EBULLIENTLY INEVITABLE WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY AND CONTINUOUSLY SUBSTANTIATING THE SUPERIORITY OF WOMEN! CONGRATULATIONS QUEEN <3
18) Amy Shark - ewwww why is she singing in cursive.. stop THAT. i normally love my quirky girls but im going to need you to change that vocal. other than that tho why am i lowkey into this like if i look past that horrid vocal like this is a bop and its everything i need actually. but you listen closely to how she sings "goodBYUUUEEEEEE"... fucking STOP IT please you're ruining yourself i HATEEEEE it here. i could've actually given it points but perhaps she deserves a protest
19) SOFI TUKKER - ummmmmm this was everything this is just interesting?? some of the other songs CANT relate he/she/it/they are giving us something different and it kept my interest throughout.. actually think its quite innovative actually and just otherworldly <333
20) Tei Shi - tei shi is an absolute legend and she didnt disapoint i LOOOOVEEEE her newer music lately shes just been bringing it and shes just gorgeous so i automatically am obsessed with her. that chrous also??? like shes rly not kidding shes at peoples neck i fear
21) LODATO - oh just rolled my eyes at soon as this started playing.. IMAGINE how tired we are of it?!!?!? its a hate crime at this point and i think we all know what im talking abt omfgggg this jonas blue or whatever the fuck else dj there is that does this same old thing on EVERY song.. im sorry im just a bit fed up of it if ur gona do it at least make it GOOD. i HATE this u see what you've done to me i HATE it
22) Ruben - i was to s*ck him off honestly this is rly solid and pretty and all the rest of it.. theres just something abt his voice like yup yup yup. whatever i said before abt men i lied. i love men <3
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - aluna george aluna george aluna george!!!!!!!! at the end of the day she will always be good her voice is such gorgeous i remember having this song on my playlist like years ago so i must have been bopping to this and rightly so.. this is everything.. HONEY WE JUST NEED NO FAKE MAGIC I AINT BEEN FUNNY HONEY HONEY ... oh wait i forgot how much this actually went off...
24) TITA - oh why do i wanna wind my hips to this one????? i just KNEW she was a queen when i say the cover art oh yessss... she truly did what she had to do to end this on a high. queen <3
1454 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. f(x) - Surprisingly, this didn't age that badly at all despite being released in 2012. Quite noisy at parts, but as a whole I appreciate it. Good opener.
2. Ryland James - Was quite certain this was gonna qualify. It is quite groovy and nice as a whole, but in the context of this week I feel like this song is going to struggle to make much impact.
3. Sam Tinnesz - I guess I don't mind this? Doesn't really rock my world in any way.
4. Ana Whiterose - I appreciate the almost-mysterious vibe it is trying to go for, but it ends up blending into a typical pop song without anything remarkable to talk about. Quite restrained, and that aspect completely works against this entry.
5. Misterwives - Surprisingly, I am a fan of this. Definitely not something I'd usually go for, but there's something really charming about this song. Nice pick.
6. Grace Carter - Probably more of a grower than a show-stopper, especially with that chorus. Nevertheless, I have become quite exposed to this and the more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it.
7. Cleo - QUEEN OF POLAND. I would say it's a very nice balance of western elements while sticking to the Polish roots. Decent choice.
8. Isak Danielson - Quite a strong entry throughout, though I feel like it is a bit too tame in the verses. Still, this should be a contender.
9. KAZKA - This music video shall not be seen again. However, I will most definitely stream this song as much as I can. Bop.
10. Aura Dione - It's fine, I stan this random line about being lesbian. The song is rather one-dimensional as a whole.
11. NOTD, Astrid S - It's quite pretty, but I am unsure how this is going to hold up against the rest of the competition. Not bad.
12. AOA - *whispers* LOVE. IN THE DARK. HEY, TWILIGHT. The only complaint I have is that stupid trap breakdown near the end, but that's really minor in the context of this song as a whole.
13. Unlike Pluto - It does sound different, I can give it that. Unfortunately, being somewhat unique isn't always the way to go, and this shows exactly that.
14. Yola - Another song LikE this X. EH, I don't think this is my cup of tea, may score 23 points or more from others.
15. Molly Sanden - I quite enjoyed this, but I got to admit it lost some magic from the first listen. Still good, just not sure if it's just gonna scrape through on my list.
16. ULRIKA - It's quite nice, but I feel like this does not match to the quality of the songs I really enjoyed so far. Rather safe, if not a bit too much.
17. Solar - Yes girl, sing about those BATHTUBS! Jokes aside, this is a quality tune. Subtle yet effective for a pop song.
18. Amy Shark - It tries to stand out by being slightly different, but the whole thing just doesn't really do it for me. This is like the 5th time I am listening to this as I was aware of this song's existence for a while, but the attempts to appreciate it are not working I guess.
19. Sofi Tukker - This atrocity somehow qualified. I will just repeat this: I know a very good clinic that cleans out earwax. Who is the person that needs it?
20. Tei Shi - Probably a bit too low-key to make much impact, but it's definitely not bad by any means.
21. LODATO - Just a very solid song throughout, I can't really fault anything here. Not sure about its chances on Sunday, but this definitely got my approval.
22. Ruben - Pleasant listen. It's quite a good song but I am not sure why this got clickraced for, this will likely get like 8th if anything.
23. Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - Another song that is just very cool throughout. Doesn't have a proper standout moment, but I feel like it's not necessarily needed in this case. Good pick.
24. Tita - A bit of a noise at parts, no denying that. Kind of reminds me Dara or Gery-Nikol. However, as a whole this was quite enjoyable, a solid closer to this contest.
1454 days 5 hours ago
Insanity
1. f(x) - About TIME. Not my favorite kpop song in the world, not even my favorite from f(x), but this is a jam that stands the test of time.
2. Ryland James - The beat and overall flow of the song reminds me a bit of Misterwives, ironically also in this contest. It’s definitely one of those entries that aligns more with the tastes of others rather than mine, but it was a decent enough effort.
3. Sam Tinnesz - I will NEVER forget when this man robbed CupcakKe of winning when she lost the tie. You’re a fake fan for that Steve. A lot of what I said about Ryland can be said about this entry as well, although I think this one is slightly stronger.
4. Ana Whitehouse - I appreciate the vibe of this song, but everything about it it’s too tame for its own good. It feels slightly pretentious and boring.
5. Misterwives - Giving me Cranberries vibes, which is a huge compliment in my book. Unfortunately, I’m not digging this as much as I would like to. Maybe I’m biased because I won with a song that I think is much better than this. I think it would grow on me with a few more listens.
6. Grace Carter - Another potential grower, except I like this more than Misterwives on first listen. The chorus is STUN, and I feel like it would age well over time.
7. Cleo - Um... I wish I liked this more than I ultimately did. This one of these songs I would convince myself I like, but I don’t think this has much replay value.
8. Isak Danielson - Verses felt a little cheesy, almost musical-ish. The whole song in general is not my vibe, but I know others will eat it up.
9. KAZKA - Solid ethnic-influenced bop. This was sexy, and the whole thing is very nicely produced.
10. Aura Dione - Manika teas. It starts off pleasant, but it stops at pleasant, and never fully rocks my world. It’s pretty one note.
11. NOTD, Astrid S - The CRJ-lite entry of the week? Astrid S is the queen of good but not great music, but I’m not mad at this. The chorus could’ve been punchier but it’s a decent pop song overall.
12. AOA - A little more subtle in terms of kpop, but this is really slick and sexy. I was into the vibe.
13. Unlike Pluto - QUitE a uniquE and iNteresting tune, I’M glad 1 luCky contestant Had gottEn redemption from that troLL of a host namEd Johnny.
14. Yola - I don’t think any raccoons were fighting over this song, but in the words of Alyssa Edwards, this is GARBAGE, mawma.
15. Molly Sanden - Ehhhhhh... it struggled to stand out in its semi, if I’m being honest (I listened to both semis before the qualifiers were revealed so don’t come for me), and it’s likely going to struggle to stand out this week. Not a bad song by any means, but there was no moment where I was fully invested.
16. Ulrika - You found it! Another song that makes me go “not bad but I don’t know how well it’ll stand out.” Maybe if I say it to enough entries one of them that I gave that type of comment to will scrape by with low points!
17. Solar - Hi Tolis! Probably my favorite kpop song of this contest (this also includes BoA). It pulls you in right away in the verse, and the production is slick and sexy. Another subtle kpop song that is executed quite well.
18. Amy Shark - Like Astrid S, another artist whose music generally underwhelms me. She had a song that played at my restaurant for the longest time that I didn’t even know was from her until it was submitted into TSC. I will say I do appreciate the chorus, but the verses are not it. Out of all the “good but not great” songs this week, I think this one has the best chance for points bc that chorus is cayute, and cayute > cute.
19. SOFI TUKKER - I was actually supposed to see them live in April, but obviously, that didn’t happen. I was mostly gonna go because my boyfriend is a MASSIVE stan, and I think this song is probably his favorite from them because I’ve heard this more times than I can count. It never fit my personal tastes to begin with, and after hearing it 8 million times because of my bf, I am OVER it. All that being said, Tucker can absolutely get it.
20. Tei Shi - The production is something that absolutely resonates with me. Love me song sexy smooth bops. It’s a little low energy, but I think it works rather well with this song.
21. LOBODA - Unapologetically poppy, and that is a good thing. The chorus was an absolutely serve. I could easily see myself replaying this and repeatedly getting my life.
22. Ruben - Ok FINE, it’s pretty, I’ll give it that. I appreciate this better on a second listen. I wanted to dislike this so much, but I do think it’s got a really unique aspect to it. Men won.
23. Peking Duk, AlunaGeorge - Smooth as FUCK. Surprised I wasn’t really aware of this song. Another song I’m absolutely jamming to.
24. Tita - LMAO sort of trashy. We’ve heard a lot of similar songs that have been executed better than this, and it’s not polarizing enough for me to ironically point it.
1453 days 21 hours ago
PoohSnap
1) f(x)- Not electrifying enough
02) Ryland James- It’s decent, sets a very moderate tone for the contest.
03) Sam Tinnesz- Somewhat angsty, not bad. But never “went there.”
04) Ana Whiterose- I liked the desert vibe$$$$$$$
05) MisterWives- Other than the cracky voice, I really liked this and I think it’s new? Would make sense because I’m vibing with the newer stuff.
06) Grace Carter- This was good throughout and super consistent with its haunting and catchy sound.
07) Cleo- Those choruses tho! Anthemic fo sho.
08) Isak Danielson- This has me utterly bored and I tried really hard not to be
09) KAZKA- It was interesting. Not bad but I really didn’t know how to feel about it.
10) Aura Dione- Nice to hear another song by her. It’s good, catchy, and she has a unique voice. The lyrics were so-so but… overall solid.
11) NOTD, Astrid S- This is so sweet! Kinda love it.
12) AOA- I liked it as it began but it got progressively less cool as it went on
13) Unlike Pluto- I like the weirdness of it, it appeals to me for originality.
14) Yola- I liked it a little bit, it was definitely slightly endearing
15) Molly Sanden- This hits well, I like her voice and the echoes
16) ULRIKA- Too operatic and belty for my taste.
17) Solar- The mysterious, dark vibes were nice, I liked how it didn’t seem overproduced at all.
18) Amy Shark-  I like this, she’s good and I forgot about her other stuff. It’s lowkey but powerful.
19) SOFI TUKKER- F*** yesssssss  my bestie in college loves this song, it slaps. Sentimental value points and quality song points for sure.
20) Tei Shi- Nothing to critique, I thoroughly enjoyed this. It’s consistently good and slaps with the chorus.
21) LODATO- This was kinda hype, got me moving!
22) Ruben- Okay, music vid was… damn. But the song really was up my alley and I dug his voice.
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge- Not as good as High but it’s okay. The chorus is standout compared to the rest.
24) TITA- This made me nauseous.
1453 days 15 hours ago
varlto
1) f(x): This was very very bad, like god. If this qualifies I stg... [So this was my comment for the semi-final. And it qualified. God...]
2) Ryland James: WOW. This is incredibly good, like, for real. It is exactly in my taste range. It even grew on me since the last listen!
3) Sam Tinnesz: The verses were not very good honestly but the chorus? It was powerful and I really liked it! It's a pity that the verses weren't as good cause this could have been a perfect song :(
4) Ana Whiterose: This was definitely not bad, but I don't think it was good either. I actually could predict some lyrics when I'm not even english too lol
5) MisterWives: I expected this to be a troll song idk why but when I listened to it I think I fell in love with it! It's really good honestly.
6) Grace Carter: Grace's voice is very good and original, but she definitely has better songs. This is obviously not bad though but it could be better I guess!
7) Cleo: I've heard this somewhere else, I swear! This is a cute song, but not veeeery good.
8) Isak Danielson: This was actually pretty nice. Could have done a lot better but it was great and also his voice is incredibly good
9) KAZKA: OKAY. At first when I heard this in ESCT I despised it, then I started liking it and now I'm back to meh.
10) Aura Dione: Omg Aura, I underrated so much in Best Of, her song would now get the 20 points from me lol. This is not nearly as good but it still is fine.
11) NOTD: OMG THIS IS INCREDIBLY GOOD. I mean, what else could I expect from NOTD and Astrid...
12) AOA: This wasn't too bad but it definitely wasn't good either
13) Unlike Pluto: Do people actually like this song? Lol
14) Yola: I actually somehow really liked this wtf I really didn't expect to like it after the first 30 seconds lol
15) Molly Sandén: Omg this was very nice! Molly never disappoints. I'm not sure if she'll be able to snatch some points from me though!
16) Ulrika: I honestly don't know how this made it to the final lol.
17) Solar: I found this song to be very annoying and I honestly didn't like it
18) Amy Shark: Omg this was actually very well done! Probably one of my favs so far.
19) Sofi Tukker: !
20) Tei Shi: This was a very average song. Nothing new!
21) LODATO: This was another average okay song that will probably get nothing from me lol
22) Ruben: This is a very well done and powerful song. Ugh this contest has either horrible songs or very good songs, it's gonna be hard to give my 12!
23) Peking Duk: I expected this to be different lol, but I found her voice to be super annoying. Not for me
24) TITA: Idk what to say, I just didn't like it at all
1453 days 14 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) f(x) - E E E LECTRIC SHOCK! An undeniable jam. The YEAH's really shake me to my core. LASER LASER
02) Ryland James - I feel like I've heard this song like a million times before tbh, it does nothing for me at all.
03) Sam Tinnesz - I didn't really get into this, I found his vocal quite abrasive and coupling that with those beats, I didn't really get into it much at all.
04) Ana Whiterose - I actually quite enjoyed this, it was a bit mystical, the vocals were blended really nicely and the ethnic elements all came together for a good song.
05) MisterWives - This was cute, I can't deny it, but it felt rather dated, I feel like I woulda loved this in 2012 but now? It's just okay.
06) Grace Carter - Ultimately, this one while pleasant was very forgettable, it's nothing that I found particularly interesting, it was very much like any kinda album track for me.
07) Cleo - I liked this one actually, it felt like a bit of a sing along but I don't know Polish so I can't do that. It was a fun and anthemic kinda one
08) Isak Danielson - This was really dull, it was that usual plodding along 'epic' kinda feel song of the ilk of Ragin'Bin'Man and that. Not for me
09) KAZKA - OOOOOH. This is like solovey lite teas here. The strings are gorgeous, and the lil harmonies when they're there are slays too. I really like this.
10) Aura Dione - I didn't know how to feel about this at first but the country elements really played to it's strengths. the vocalist is reminding me of legend Anna Bergendahl. The I wanna be a Lesbian line KILLS me.
11) NOTD, Astrid S - This is a very joyous song and one that makes me feel happy and that's kinda what does it for me right now!
12) AOA - I had some fun with this entry, it was a nicely paced and flowed song that was produced well.
13) Unlike Pluto - this was an interesting choice, usually i hate these kinda songs but the heavier bass kinda helped out in that sense. I
14) Yola - I have listened to her album, her voice is like GOLD this is a gorgeous song, but will not do well ebcause of yall
15) Molly Sanden - I really like this entry too. I have heard this album and I really like it. It does a great job of making Molly relevent and uses her voice in a lovely way.
16) ULRIKA - I was thinking this was only ok but the last 45 seconds really tied it up nicely, her voice is great, it had a lot of power, I do with the drums were a LITTLE more prominent in it, but all in all very enjoyable.
17) Solar - I'm not sure on this one, it was a bit mis matchy with the guitar and the drum kinda section?
18) Amy Shark - This has a lot of light and shade to it that I respond to well. It really grabbed my attention with the sweet vocals with still some character and attitude. It is a LOT for love.
19) SOFI TUKKER - to be completely honest, this had me SHAKE my tits. I know it's silly but I bopped!
20) Tei Shi - I liked this one as well, I liked the way the chorus steps down in the vocal department. The beat was rolling and the vocals were nice
21) LODATO - This is a really nice and fun dance song. It was pretty catchy, the chorus was cute, the ooohhhh uh ohhh and the vocal effects were nice!
22) Ruben - This is what yall were fighting over? It's fine? I don't see the huge appeal?
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - OOOOOH THIS IS FUNKY. I really got into this, it was fun, I love Aluna's voice and it was the right amount of bop for me
24) TITA - This was a mess to end on, and not entirely a bad one, it had some fun to it, but yeah.. not great lol
1453 days 8 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. I wanted to like this but I found it rather annoying
2. Meh, it's alright but it doesn't interest me
3. Tries too hard to sound epic
4. I really like her voice and the overall mood of the song
5. I couldn't help but think of Yoko Ono's song "Why" where she just yells why repeatedly for 5 minutes. This song is a bop though
6. Not sure on this. It's alright but a bit repetitive
7. I really like this! A bop!
8. I did not care for this at all!
9. A bit weird but I'm kind of living for it
10. The line about being a lesbian is a mood!
11. This is just a big pile of fun!
12. Felt like random noises put together
13. I think I've heard this before? Quite like this
14. A nice chill sound. It can sometimes blend into the background though
15. Molly has delivered another bop!
16. This is not the frozen I remember!
17. Honestly this is kind of a bop!
18. It's alright but has no wow factor
19. I have been listening to a lot of their music recently. So glad this qualified. I love it!
20. Sounds like it could be an Ariana Grande album track
21. Kind of goes off. It's a bop anyway
22. Could be a grower. Still not sold on it
23. This is such a bop! This was great!
24. Lol this was such a mess!
1453 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) f(x) - strong. I enjoyed this a lot. Definitely one of the more interesting songs here.
02) Ryland James - I quite like his vocal actually surprisingly. Haha yeah it’s good actually. :)
03) Sam Tinnesz – This was pretty standard. I think it fails next to Ryland though.
04) Ana Whiterose - Love the Ancient Egyptian vibe here, love her vocal. Glad it did qualify but oh well. :p
05) MisterWives – wtf are those noises? HATE. Other than them, it’s fine.
06) Grace Carter – why her not me? Was a moment…this is cool too, but not quite as good as her other stuff.
07) Cleo – I’ve always quite liked her singles, but this is one of my favourites by her. It just sounds great.
08) Isak Danielson - another good male vocal. I think I slightly prefer this over Ryland too.
09) KAZKA – This is still good. I really enjoy the vibe and the song in general. Like that bridge is just proper gorge.
10) Aura Dione -  This is good, she sounds like she’s kept the country twang, but it’s good.
11) NOTD, Astrid S – Astrid sounding like a chicken here
12) AOA  - Pretty strong as well. I didn’t like the drum beats, but other than it’s really solid.
13) Unlike Pluto – Not what I was expecting from them, but it’s pretty good. I didn’t overly enoy the beats that sounded like they were dragging my speakers through the mud.
14) Yola - Gorgeous voice, like literally. Her voice is just something magical. Yeah the song is a little boring at times, but there is not going to be a vocal like this
15) Molly Sanden -  I liked Molly when she was screaming about rising like a phoenix. This is pleasant. :)
16) ULRIKA – It;s good. I like the parts where she lifts her vocal, yeah I can see this doing well.
17) Solar -  This is fine. A little grating but interesting. It’s foine.
18) Amy Shark - This is fine. Not that impactful but it should be enough to be in my top 10.
19) SOFI TUKKER – Hated the edited vocal a lot, the bass line was pretty cool though. :) When she was singing it was good, as well but the edited vocal wasn’t needed :(
20) Tei Shi - Nice. It’s not going to leave a lasting impression, but the chorus is definitely strong and I love the electro beats.
21) LODATO – Yep another strong one, it’s not quite standing out as being a fantastic entry but it’s ticking all the boxes for a top 10 finish :D
22) Ruben – No. A little too slow and ploddy for my tastes in the verses, the chorus was better, but yeah overall I wasn’t sold on the vocal either.
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - This sounds quite dated to me. It’s just stunted and bleh.
24) TITA – At least it’s good fun. I’m not sure where it will come in my standings but it’s certainly a better lesson for me than others here.
1453 days 5 hours ago
SeaViper
I am currently sad and depressed because ESC just fucked my entire life. That is why I'm being even more harsh and rude than usual because I need to spread the depression

f(x)- Please get this catasrophe out of my ears

Ryland- Booorrriiiinnggggg. If I wanted to fall asleep rn, I'd watch Europe Shine A Light

Sam- It's better if I never hear this again

Ana- This was fine, but not my fav

MisterWives- Seriously, no thanks

Grace- Fine. Next

Cleo- If this beats my national final winner, I will be mad (Because this was second...)

Izac- Fine, but didn't standout

KAZKA- Again, fine, but really not something I'd listen to again

Aura- Really really really not for me

NOTD- I'm just having trouble staying awake

AOE- I feel my eyes closing...

Unlike Pluto- OH, Was I sleeping? Well hun, I'm wide awake now! Damn this was...idk pretty good?

Yola- No. One word- No. All I have to say

Molly- Fine, but forgettable, like everything this contest

ULRIKA- Nice, but not exactly my favorite

Solar- A good song, but not very memorable for me

Amy- Please get this nastiness out my ears

SOFI- Yawn, next

Tei-Good voice and beat, but the lyrics really don't stand out

LODATO- This was fine...again

Ruben- There was a clickrace for this? Yh, fine I guess

PekinDuk and Aluna George- Whatever I just witnessed...I liked it

TITA- Looks a queen. Wish I culd say the same for the song though
1453 days 2 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) f(x) - just slightly above noise
02) Ryland James - has a lot of elements I like even though his voice rubs me the wrong way… maybe not the song for him but yea it's good
03) Sam Tinnesz - If the lyrics were better this would REALLY slap. 3 2 1 you got me bloodshot RIGHT after they started a rhyme with bloodshot is sooooo lazy
04) Ana Whiterose - promising but fizzles out which I'm never a fan of… but it's grown on me
05) MisterWives - safe indiepop with a voice I feel like is in every tsc song
06) Grace Carter - I'll listen to her sing anytime but I prefer don't hurt like it used to
07) Cleo - nothing to hear here
08) Isak Danielson - didn't expect that voice to come out of him wtf… I like it
09) KAZKA - yea I got nothing meh
10) Aura Dione - she wishes this could have SHANIA TWAIN levels of impact…
11) NOTD, Astrid S - thought about submitting this let's see how you do ;) I enjoy it but it's almost too cutesy
12) AOA - best kpop so far but not saying much since there's only 2 :D not sure it'll stand out in a strong week though, I'm already forgeting how this sounds
13) Unlike Pluto - alright so it's kinda turnt
14) Yola - dark horse winner… I'm so enchanted by this
15) Molly Sanden - so fucking boring of a pick
16) ULRIKA - zero gravity teas? Eh that is better than this
17) Solar - at least it sounds different than the other kpop
18) Amy Shark - quite liked it the first time I listened and now it's so boring
19) SOFI TUKKER - a mess of a song that I absolutely love
20) Tei Shi - it wasn't bad but I was bored after a minute
21) LODATO - Lifting my spirits on this week. A welcome enery boost for sure
22) Ruben - his voice is annoying… like this is not the song that he should be singing. The robotic prob autotune he has too sucks… But maybe I can overlook it when it comes to the song bc that's not bad
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - this is a bop and a half
24) TITA - (this was my response about it in the skype chat)
this contest had a great streak from 21-23
and then 24 happened
and my good mood is ruined"
1452 days 18 hours ago
NewNightmare7
1) f(x) - Oh well this was interesting. I kind of like it for an opener. Its fun
2) Ryland James - He does not sound bad at all. Its just not the sound I have particular interest in. Chorus is kind of fun though
3) Sam Tinnesz - The chorus is very good and if that was a majority of the song especially with that kind of chord progression, id like it alot more. Its ok
4) Ana Whiterose - This sounds like it could be in a modern Spy Kids movie. Nice vibes but a little bit of bleh execution
5) MisterWives - Ita groovy and its fun. I enjoy it
6) Grace Carter - It had a really interesting vibe and pretty good sound. Her vocals were nice too and it all just works.
7) Cleo - It doesnt have a stand out quality to me but its pretty enjoyable
8) Isak Danielson - This rather bores me. I cant get behind it
9) KAZKA - While this kind of bores me too, it sounds more interesting than the previous entry
10) Aura Dione - The vocals are cool but the song is not for me. Id like to hear other songs from her though.
11) NOTD & Astrid S - It's fun and cute. Got a pretty nice beat
12) AOA - The sound design on this song alone keeps me interested. Its really out of place but I really like it?
13) Unlike Pluto - I really enjoyed this song and it might go against general reception but whatever. Its gritty
14) Yola - She sounds really nice and beautiful. The song itself doesnt have the power to back it up though
15) Molly Sanden - I was hoping for something to happen...was
16) Ukrika - There were aspects I really liked and aspects I really didnt. Some notes could have been a little different but then there were some that were really good so its conflicting.
17) Solar - Eh I dont think im interested in this one. Sorry
18) Amy Shark - Interesting production but also a little bland in some aspects
19) SOFI TUKKER - People...Weird as all hell but I really enjoy it?
20) Tei Shei - I was down for this. Not to where I'd listen to it again though.
21) LODATO - Another song im down for. Upbeat electro sounds are very interesting to me
22) Ruben - It sounds like ive heard it alot before and its just not my thing
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - That bass fucking slaps!!!!!!! Ugh I love bass and im so into this song
24) TITA - J
1452 days 14 hours ago
bibbles
01) f(x) – its okay for kpop!
02) Ryland James – a bit john newman, its okay.
03) Sam Tinnesz – hes a bit mockney in places, that start is from something, an advert?
04) Ana Whiterose – that was wallpaper!!
05) MisterWives – her voices is a bit irritating after a while!! Delores does that better!
06) Grace Carter – very familiar, sounds like ive already heard it!
07) Cleo – not for me. Its very samey!!
08) Isak Danielson – it’s a bit draggy, its okay.
09) KAZKA – didn’t enjoy that.
10) Aura Dione – its like a 60s theme tune with a bit of country thrown it!!
11) NOTD, Astrid S – not a fan of ther voice!
12) AOA – wish it was a bit punchier!
13) Unlike Pluto – its okay, that fazing or whatever it is, is a bit annoying!
14) Yola – wasn’t sure about this at first, but I really like it, she can sing! Its very 60s!!
15) Molly Sanden – back to lazy singing!
16) ULRIKA – that start was very quiet so I turn it up, then blasted my ears off! Its okay.
17) Solar – more kpop! Its okay, shes a bit lazy with the vocals!
18) Amy Shark – theres a male singer that sings like her, this song is so familiar!!
19) SOFI TUKKER – you know what this contest is missing, single by Sunday!! Im sorry, but I lasted about a minute before my ears screamed at me to stop it!! Sorry!!
20) Tei Shi - that was dreary for a song with apocalypse in it!!
21) LODATO – its like most contests are on a loop!!
22) Ruben – get on with it!! Its was not bad!
23) Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge – shes still squeaky!!
24) TITA – shes very nasally and grating!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!