This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 356 Final

Topic » TSC 356 Final

1779 days 21 hours ago
onemanarmy
by the that Whitney song was meant for Janet but she wisely cut it from her Control album, the song sucks
1779 days 21 hours ago
CharlieBibi
09) Hole - 'Celebrity Skin'

10) Backstreet Boys - 'I Want It That Way'

11) Deniece Williams - 'Let's Hear It For The Boy'

12) TLC - 'No Scrubs'
1779 days 21 hours ago
CharlieBibi
13) Samantha Fox - 'Touch Me (I Want Your Body)'

14) Huey Lewis - 'The Power of Love'

15) La Bouche - 'Be My Lover'

16) Lionel Richie - 'All Night Long (All Night)'
1779 days 21 hours ago
CharlieBibi
17) Bjork - 'Bachelorette'

18) Chaka Khan - 'Ain't Nobody'

19) Phil Collins - 'Another Day In Paradise'

20) Jennifer Paige - 'Crush'
1779 days 21 hours ago
CharlieBibi
21) Whitney Houston - 'How Will I Know'

22) Belinda Carlisle - 'La Luna'
.be
23) ABBA - 'Super Trouper'

24) Mariah Carey - 'All I Want For Christmas is You'
1779 days 21 hours ago
CharlieBibi
All 24 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and send your votes in PMs to Charliebibi

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 points to your ten favorite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me or CharlieBibi.

The deadline is 2 PM EST/7 PM BST on Sunday, which is when the semi-final results show will be hosted.

Good luck all!
1779 days 21 hours ago
adeleadele
I made these comments before the semi results, so all will be included!

Rules for my new comments!

It will be similar to Melodifestivalen!

All the songs will be put into 4 groups of 9!

Three songs of each group with the highest score will automatically go to the final!

The Fourth and Fifth placed songs will be going to the Second Chance round!

Two wildcards will also be given out from the eliminated acts, so in total 10 songs will compete in the Second Chance Round!

The 4 songs with the highest score in the Second Chance round will go to the final!

In total 16 songs will be in the final!

It's prob confusing, but just read it and hopefully you understand!

SEMIFINAL 1
01) Deniece Williams
02) Heaven 17
03) Samantha Fox
04) New Order
05) Paula Abdul
06) Whitney Houston
07) Lionel Richie
08) Kate Bush
09) The Cult

The first act going directly to the final is.... Whitney Houston!

The second act going directly to the final is.... Paula Abdul!

The first act going to the SECOND CHANCE ROUND is.... Deniece Williams!

The second act going to the Second Chance Round is..... Samantha Fox!

And finally, the third act going directly to the final is.... Kate Bush!

I'm sorry to the eliminated acts, you still have a chance at getting a wildcard spot into the second chance round!

SEMIFINAL 1- RESULTS
01) Deniece Williams- SECOND CHANCE
02) Heaven 17- ELIMINATED
03) Samantha Fox- SECOND CHANCE
04) New Order- ELIMINATED
05) Paula Abdul- DIRECT TO FINAL
06) Whitney Houston- DIRECT TO FINAL
07) Lionel Richie- ELIMINATED
08) Kate Bush- DIRECT TO FINAL
09) The Cult- ELIMINATED

SEMIFINAL 2
01) The Proclaimers
02) ABBA
03) Huey Lewis
04) T'Pau
05) Janet Jackson
06) Patti Labelle
07) Chaka Khan
08) Belinda Carlisle
09) Phil Collins

The first act going directly to the final is....  Belinda Carlisle!

The second act going directly to the final is.... ABBA!

The first act going to the SECOND CHANCE ROUND is.... Janet Jackson!

The second act going to the Second Chance Round is..... Chaka Khan

And finally, the third act going directly to the final is.... Patti Labelle!

I'm sorry to the eliminated acts, you still have a chance at getting a wildcard spot into the second chance round!

SEMIFINAL 2- RESULTS
01) The Proclaimers- ELIMINATED
02) ABBA- DIRECT TO FINAL
03) Huey Lewis- ELIMINATED
04) T'Pau- ELIMINATED
05) Janet Jackson- SECOND CHANCE
06) Patti Labelle- DIRECT TO FINAL
07) Chaka Khan- SECOND CHANCE
08) Belinda Carlisle- DIRECT TO FINAL
09) Phil Collins- ELIMINATED

SEMIFINAL 3
01) Spice Girls
02) Hole
03) Livin' Joy
04) B*Witched
05) Sechs Kies
06) Jennifer Paige
07) Bjork
08) Backstreet Boys
09) Tamia

I will now reveal the Acts qualifying to the final or the Second Chance round!

The first act going directly to the final is.... Jennifer Paige!

The second act going directly to the final is.... Holy!

The first act going to the SECOND CHANCE ROUND is.... Livin' Joy!

The second act going to the Second Chance Round is..... Bjork!

And finally, the third act going directly to the final is.... Spice Girls!

SEMIFINAL 3- RESULTS
01) Spice Girls- DIRECT TO FINAL
02) Hole- DIRECT TO FINAL
03) Livin' Joy- SECOND CHANCE
04) B*Witched- ELIMINATED
05) Sechs Kies- ELIMINATED
06) Jennifer Paige- DIRECT TO FINAL
07) Bjork- SECOND CHANCE
08) Backstreet Boys- ELIMINATED
09) Tamia- ELIMINATED

SEMIFINAL 4
10) The Woolpackers
11) Gina G
12) Mitsou
13) The Cranberries
14) Lara Fabian
15) Mariah Carey
16) TLC
17) La Bouche
18) Vertical Horizon

The first act going directly to the final is.... Lara Fabian!

The second act going directly to the final is.... Mitsou!

The first act going to the SECOND CHANCE ROUND is.... Gina G!

The second act going to the Second Chance Round is..... TLC!

And finally, the third act going directly to the final is.... Mariah Carey!

SEMIFINAL 4- RESULTS
01) The Woolpackers- ELIMINATED
02) Gina G- SECOND CHANCE
03) Mitsou- DIRECT TO FINAL
04) The Cranberries- ELIMINATED
05) Lara Fabian- DIRECT TO FINAL
06) Mariah Carey- DIRECT TO FINAL
07) TLC- SECOND CHANCE
08) La Bouche- ELIMINATED
09) Vertical Horizon- ELIMINATED

WILDCARD ROUND
01) Heaven 17
02) New Order
03) Lionel Richie
04) The Cult
05) The Proclaimers
06) Huey Lewis
07) T'Pau
08) Phil Collins
09) B*Witched
10) Sechs Kies
11) Backstreet Boys
12) Tamia
13) The Woolpackers
14) The Cranberries
15) La Bouche
16) Vertical Horizon

Only 2 of the eliminated acts will get a spot in the second chance round, i will be going through the running order one by one saying if they get a wildcard spot or if they are eliminated (and what place they got).

01) Heaven 17- 12th place- No wildcard spot.

02) New Order- 4th place- No wildcard spot.

03) Lionel Richie- 7th place- No wildcard spot.

04) The Cult- 6th place- No wildcard spot.

05) The Proclaimers- Last place- No wildcard spot.

06) Huey Lewis- 8th place- No wildcard spot.

07) T'Pau- 11th place- No wildcard spot.

08) Phil Collins- 10th place- No wildcard spot.

09) B*Witched- 9th place- No wildcard spot.

10) Sechs Kies- 14th place- No wildcard spot.

11) Backstreet Boys- 13th place- No wildcard spot.

12) Tamia- WILDCARD SPOT, CONGRATULATIONS!

13) The Woolpackers- 15th place- No wildcard spot.

14) The Cranberries- 5th place- No wildcard spot.

15) La Bouche- WILDCARD SPOT, CONGRATULATIONS!

16) Vertical Horizon- 3rd place- No wildcard spot.

SECOND CHANCE ROUND
01) Deniece Williams
02) Samantha Fox
03) Janet Jackson
04) Chaka Khan
05) Livin' Joy
06) Bjork
07) Tamia
08) Gina G
09) TLC
10) La Bouche

Only 4 of these acts will qualify.

The first act going to the final is..... TLC!

The second act going to the final is..... Gina G!

The third act going to the final is..... Livin' Joy!

The fourth act going to the final is..... La Bouche!!!!

SECOND CHANCE ROUND- RESULTS
01) Deniece Williams- ELIMINATED
02) Samantha Fox- ELIMINATED
03) Janet Jackson- ELIMINATED
04) Chaka Khan- ELIMINATED
05) Livin' Joy- QUALIFIED TO FINAL
06) Bjork- ELIMINATED
07) Tamia- ELIMINATED
08) Gina G- QUALIFIED TO FINAL
09) TLC- QUALIFIED TO FINAL
10) La Bouche- QUALIFIED TO FINAL

GRAND FINAL
01) Paula Abdul- Will Paula Abdul save the 80s semi? Not exactly, but the first song i actually enjoyed! Pretty generic 80s, but it had something in it that i liked, overall a good song!
02) Whitney Houston- She could totally win another 80s theme again! I will prob help her, cuz i really enjoyed this one! One of the best vocalists ever and the song is just such a bop, especially the chorus! I really really enjoyed this!
03) Kate Bush- This was very weird. But i liked this tbh LOL! Just overall crazy, but a good crazy! Hope this does well, but this will prob flop.
04) ABBA- Yass Abba! Would not be my choice for An Abba song, but i guess their best ones are from the 70s. I still enjoyed this one! Very cute, and the chorus is great!
05) Patti Labelle- I mean.. queen! Love the vocals, the song is pretty good! Wish it stood out more, as its kind of generic 80s. But overall pretty good!
06) Belinda Carlisle- Was not sure about the song until the chorus, i do like this song! I think the chorus is way stronger then the verses, but overall the song is good, and not a typical 80s song.
07) Spice Girls- Yeah basically what i would expect from a 90s song :P I mean this was very decent overall! I think it's a bit bland? But i kinda liked it? Not a bad start!
08) Hole- I heard this before when i was younger, weirdly nostalgic. My mom or dad listened to this song, so i assume my mom will give this high points assuming it was her that listened to this :P Not my genre at all, but it has a nostalgic charm so i like this!
09) Livin' Joy- I mean it could be a bop, i mean the chorus was fun! But idk the rest felt a bit meh. I wish i liked this, but unfortunetely its just decent for me.
10) Jennifer Paige- This was really cute actually! Good vocalist, cute song, overall a good song!
11) Gina G- Finally something great! This is generically 90s, but it was at least a BOP! Just overally very catchy and fun! Enjoyed this a lot.
12) Mitsou- Some french 90s :0 Yeah this was really damn good! Love the french language, and the singer is great! The song sounds very 90s but it has a punch to it which i love! Loved this!
13) Lara Fabian- Omg that chorus just went off, i'm literally shaking my ass right now! Yeah i love this one! This is why i love 90s music, because of songs like this. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
14) Mariah Carey- GURL U DIDEN'T LOL! Ok my fav christmas song of all time, and i listen to it non stop during the holidays! I have such a bias towards this song, but idc this is a christmas masterpiece!
15) TLC- I mean yeah this is a classic! Not a classic i was into much though. I like this song, but just like. Not too special!
16) La Bouche- I mean it was fun until that guy came in, like get out LOL! The song dragged near the end too, could of been a bop, but just decent for me.

Since their is semifinals it is very likely that less than 10 of these will be in the final, but i will still be sending my points by the score, so an act not in my top 16 could still be in my top 10 in tsc final, if that makes sense lol! Was a meh week, but i tend to like the 90s better :p

ELIMINATED SECOND CHANCE ACTS
Deniece Williams- Sounds like a song to her son perhaps? Its a decent start to the 80s, but wish it did more, cuz it was a bit meh.
Samantha Fox- What a queen! Kinda similar to #1 i thought it was decent but wish it did more. Bonus points for Samantha Fox :P
Janet Jackson- I expected more from Janet tbh, its still a decent song overall just wish it did more! Still decent.
Chaka Khan- What a legend! Did not know the song until the chorus, i do know this song haha! I wish the song was better though, the song's a bit too long, and overall the song is meh except the chorus.
Bjork- Queen Bjork! All her songs are so unique, sometimes uniquely good sometimes uniquely bad. I would say this was just uniquely ok! It did not keep my interest the whole way through, but its still decent!
Tamia- Hmm, this is just decent for me! I got bored of it pretty quickly, and the whole song is just kinda bland. Meh.

ELIMINATED SEMIFINAL ACTS
Heaven 17- Those vocals are bad, like even the girl sounded off. The song just felt empty and meh as well, overall a pretty bad song.
New Order- The 80s are not off to a good start. Its not bad, but was just not into it. Just flew by me.
Lionel Richie- Me at Lionel Richie. Just a very weird song, its kinda upbeat but also kind of sleepy. I did not really like this, it was quite plain.
The Cult- I've heard this song before! Prob from my mom or dad. My mom might of sent this, or the one i knew in the 90s. Just not my thing, and can't say i liked this
The Proclaimers- LOL. Every Canadian child listened to this song at a Terry Fox assembly while they showed a video with him on it. So i've literally had to listen to this song for a decade, so i'm sick of it and i wish this song would just burn.
Huey Lewis- Don't really like the vocalist, and the song overall is just very meh, very standard 80s. Nothing special, don't like this really.
T'Pau- This did not go anywhere at all. It sounded messy, one of the vocalists sounded bored and the other sounded too screechy. Is it even 2 different vocalists? I don't even know. Just overall a messy bad song.
Phil Collins- This song put me to sleep. How is this a closer lol? Did not like this.
B*Witched- They look like grown ass woman but it sounds like they are singing a kids song. The song overall is kinda dumb and stupid, not that bad, but no thanks.
Sechs Kies- 0:05 wtf did u just say LOL? This was just so bad omfg, just everything. At least the looked like they were having fun.
Backstreet Boys- Why. I never liked this one, i've always found it cringy and annoying. Just no. bye.
The Woolpackers- By the title of this song i doubt i'm gonna like this. and i was.................. CORRECT! Just no, so cringy and just gross.It was really annoying as well. Awful
The Cranberries- Not much to say on this one, its not bad just very very boring.
Vertical Horizon- Eh rock is not my thing, but this was not bad, it wasen't noisy or anything which i appreciate it. Still found it meh and boring, but could of been worse!
1779 days 21 hours ago
Dusty12910
01) Patti Labelle - a classic song too. WOWOWOWOWO so good.
02) The Cranberries - Again, I wish it was a diff Cranbrries song. But still good.
03) B*Witched - This song is truly pop perfection. Earworming forever.
04) The Proclaimers- I prefer the acoustic version of these songs. But good none the less.
05) Spice Girls - I think this was a mistake for a Spice Girls entry, but it’s just so good.
06) Lara Fabian - LMfao, just total 90s cheese. Celine-esque.
07) Paula Abdul- A great RPDR classic. GOod song
08) Livin' Joy - Wow, this belongs in the 80s. But good.
09) Hole - LMFAO what a classic. Great choice.
10) Backstreet Boys - Wrong choice for the B-Boys but still, an amazing number.
11) Deniece Williams - Fun fact about me. This song was the first song I ever danced to at a studio when I was a kid! I was (of course) the boy. XO.
12) TLC - i never actually liked this song. It just seems too tryhard.
13) Samantha Fox - love this song. The electric guitar is so excquisite.
14) Huey Lewis - Oh my god the nostalgia. Just a great bop
15) La Bouche - AMAZING choice for this TSC. Perfect example of a 90s song.
16) Lionel Richie - Such a classic. I absolutely adore this song
17) Bjork - One of the best bjork songs out there. Simply magical.
18) Chaka Khan - not my favorite chaka song. She’s great though.
19) Phil Collins - Good choice for this TSC. Might do really well.
20) Jennifer Paige - UGH I love this fucking song. Just so perfect.
21) Whitney Houston - Probably the winner of this TSC. Just so good.
22) Belinda Carlisle - I got so excited until I saw it wasn’t Heaven Is A PLace On Earth.
23) ABBA - Of all the ABBA songs…. Still a good one though.
24) Mariah Carey - Best Christmas song ever. Top tier pop song of all time.
1779 days 21 hours ago
Dusty12910
DK's comments ^
1779 days 20 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Patti Labelle - WHERE MY BACKGROUND SINGERS???? Issabop.
02) The Cranberries - Sleepy as hell. Felt like a slow death. This is my Cranburial.
03) B*Witched - Pretty sure this will be one of the frontrunners to come out of the 90's semi, but I'm a bit particular about extremely cheerful songs like this. I appreciate it in a sense, but am turned off by it at the same time.
04) The Proclaimers - Nostalgia more than something I'd go out of my way to listen to, but good for something outside of my usual taste.
05) Spice Girls - Feel like there's gotta be better Spice Girls entries available, but it's still a solid entry.
06) Lara Fabian - Definitely a song that I've been lukewarm on at times, but I was feeling it on this listen.
07) Paula Abdul - This is the anthem, throw all your hands up.
08) Livin' Joy - Definitely better songs in a similar vein as this available (I see La Bouche later in the order and a bunch of unused ones), but it's still a bawp.
09) Hole - For the genre, I'm mostly into this, probably moreso for the nostalgia factor. Will probably stand out stylistically.
10) Backstreet Boys - Cue for Tolis and I to start our BSB/NSync rivalry back up. Major nostalgia factor here.
11) Deniece Williams - Never entirely clicked with this one like you'd think. It's solid, but has never had staying power with me. I'm tasteless.
12) TLC - An absolute fucking anthem.
13) Samantha Fox - TOUCH ME. TOUCH ME. I WANNA FEEL UR BODY. Like it, but not sure how it will stack up to the rest of the pack for me.
14) Huey Lewis - Naw, not my thing.
15) La Bouche - Was expecting more songs in this vein, but alas, another absolute fucking anthem.
16) Lionel Richie - Parti. Karamu. Fiesta. Foreva. Have always vibed out to this.
17) Bjork - I'm not a Bjork girl. Never have been, never will be.
18) Chaka Khan - Mmmmmmmm, yes. Always been a fan.
19) Phil Collins - Nice for what it is, but unless it's "In The Air Tonight" it doesn't stand a fucking chance for me in a contest like this.
20) Jennifer Paige - Story that isn't funny to anyone but me, but makes me like this more than I should: my friend was absolutely convinced from his memory that there was lots of sax used in this song (specficially, right after CRUSH) and now I can't hear it any differently in my head.
21) Whitney Houston - Probably a frontrunner. Deservedly so.
22) Belinda Carlisle - Unfortunately, not really my thing. Was excited to see her, but was not the song I was expecting. OoOoPth.
23) ABBA - Not one of my ABBA songs, but it's FINE.
24) Mariah Carey - My second favorite Christmas song (and one of two that I actively like) behind Destiny Child's incredible "8 Days of Christmas." The last Mariah song I was expecting, but a got a hearty gay cackle out of it.
1779 days 10 hours ago
Eoin
01) Patti Labelle - TOOT - Yasssssss, vocals and just so gay. Like I just love this song.

02) The Cranberries - BOOT - I usually like their stuff but this just wasn't for eoin.

03) B*Witched - TOOT - Wow, two Irish entries in a row, I'm shook. This is an undeniable bop and is a perfect representation of the 90s.

04) The Proclaimers - TOOT - Wow, Alan would be so proud, I actually like this, and think its aged fairly well. Quite catchy and different to the rest of the bunch.

05) Spice Girls - BOOT - Of all the Spice Girls songs, really?

06) Lara Fabian - TOOT - This was just fine, I didn't like it or love it. MeDiUm ChAnCe Of GeTtInG pOiNtS.

07) Paula Abdul TOOT - Yasssss, bop. Crazy, sexy, cool sums this up. Doesn't have that 80s power, but it doesnt have to at the same time, it just straight up slays me.

08) Livin' Joy - TOOT - Yay i really liked this, it slayed me and holds up. A gay anthem, we stan.

09) Hole - TOOT - Would I have liked this song had it not been for drag race? Probably not. But it fucking slays me, one of my favourite rock songs.

10) Backstreet Boys - BOOT - Fight me, this is one of my least favourite songs ever, it annoys me greatly.

11) Deniece Williams - TOOT - I do really dig this and I applaud for being a classic without being a major artist, but I didn't find this as an impactful as I thought I was going to.

12) TLC - TOOT - https://media.tenor.com/images/e65e4f53a1dc6bc414e96b58b96322a0/tenor.gif

13) Samantha Fox - BOOT - Ehhhhh, this doesn't really do much for me, like I can't say it slays me, I don't feel like its the best 80s song of all time or anything.

14) Huey Lewis - BOOT - I'm so immunized that this song leaves no impact on me whatsoever, except I'm kinda sick of it.

15) La Bouche - BOOT - My least favourite song so far maybe? Just so darn annoying.

16) Lionel Richie  - TOOT - Not my go to song by any means, but its a nice change of tempo while still maintaining that fun 80s flavour.

17) Bjork - TOOT - Now this...this is a fucking icon. The song's not my favourite but it's BJORK!

18) Chaka Khan  BOOT - Sue me, I never liked this song, even if she's an icon. She has better.

19) Phil Collins - BOOT - You committed the worst crime of all...you bored me.

20) Jennifer Paige - BOOT - The most forgettable song so far? Just pretty middle of the road eh for me.

21) Whitney Houston - TOOT - Pure 80s pop perfection, vocally great and catchy as hell, a real contender if you ask me

22) Belinda Carlisle - BOOT - Well now I know why she's mostly known for 'Heaven is a Place on Earth' because of the rest of her discography is like this then trash.

23) ABBA - BOOT - Sue me x2, I'm not a big ABBA fan, I never really got them and this isn't even one of my favourite ABBA songs, sorry but its a no.

24) Mariah Carey - TOOT - I just can't. One of the most iconic songs of all time, it does hurt me to hear it at this time of year, but i can't hate on greatness.
1779 days 5 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Patti Labelle - She got a new attitude and a new beat that is very fine and so super, and she can sing it out and it is actually fantastic, and I wish I heard this sooner
02) The Cranberries – This is like a gentle rhythm to listen to, but it is mostly forgettable, and I just don’t like her vocals in the end
03) B*Witched – This is my childhood and I just love it so much being a catchy cheesy beat that is loved very much, and the fun has begun with this poppy entry
04) The Proclaimers - Now this is what you call a catchy tune that is very memorable, and it is so amazing to hear each time it is played, and I just love it to death
05) Spice Girls – I very much enjoyed this song from one of the most iconic girl groups of all time and it has that good tune which I enjoy but I don’t consider it their strongest entry
06) Lara Fabian – What am I watching because I demand more of it and it is already a banger I love instantly and even though I never heard of it before it is becoming one of my favs
07) Paula Abdul - This does not want to make me move around and I rather listen to anything else with the music being so horrific being played over and over and it is trash
08) Livin' Joy – All of this is noise and noise and oh look more noise that causes me a headache the longer I listen to it and she can’t sing and the music sucks and there is nothing good about this
09) Hole – She sure can rock out that guitar and this is good but I’m not a fan of it altogether and it feels blander than the other songs here
10) Backstreet Boys – They sure are legends and so is this song that got a kick ass tune and great vocals and it is just what I want to hear
11) Deniece Williams - I like her voice and the sound being relative good in the verses but I felt let down in the chorus that doesn’t go anyway
12) TLC – Yeah, I already want to say goodbye to this with the singing being more of a distraction and it is very boring to listen to
13) Samantha Fox - She is a good singer, but the song doesn’t help to show up being repetitive and not get stuck in my head is just wrong on so many levels and I’m just getting annoyed with it
14) Huey Lewis - The tune is electrifying, and the chorus is one of the best I have heard, and I can’t get how good it was still being stuck in my head to this day
15) La Bouche – I want to enjoy it I honestly do but it is too generic for my taste with the music and the singing gets repetitive and old quickly
16) Lionel Richie - I have a heart for this song and even though he isn’t the strongest singer, he brings charisma and it is a good little song that brightens up my day
17) Bjork – I got no idea what this abomination is but I’m not taking any of it and the only good thing it does is haunting my dreams and this music should be dead and buried
18) Chaka Khan - She is a good singer, but this song feels very disjointed with the music not my cup of tea and the build-up was not worth it, and I was disappointed
19) Phil Collins - Yes, he is a legend in the music industry, and I do admire him, but this is honestly the worst song from him that decade being bland and is something I would skip
20) Jennifer Paige – I’m listening the whole way through and I find it gentle and fine and nothing more not grabbing my attention in anyway
21) Whitney Houston - Here comes the queen slaying once again with those vocals and I just enjoy listening to this song that puts me in a good mood whenever it plays
22) Belinda Carlisle - She is mysterious with the sound delivered and this is a fine effort, but it is no Heaven is a Place on Earth with this becoming very forgettable
23) ABBA - This is a good song that is very ABBA and it is good but not one of their bests from that decade, but they sing it great anyway
24) Mariah Carey – This is her best song hands down and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Whenever this plays it gets me dancing and it is catchy as hell and I don’t care it is Summer because it is always Christmas when this is on
1779 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Patti Labelle - Not the most entertaining song from the 80s, but it's a pretty solid start to the contest.
2. The Cranberries - Had to sort the issue out with the initial Cranberries entry myself, very happy with how much the person co-operated with me. That being said, this definitely isn't their best.
3. B*Witched - This is the definition of a guilty pleasure. Obviously horrible, yet I ironically enjoy this big time.
4. The Proclaimers - There was an article in the news recently where Rod Stewart fans were outraged that they had to walk 5 miles to his gig because the trains weren't running. Fair to say they probably played this song along the way. Not bad.
5. Spice Girls - Not my favourite from them, but they really did some great stuff with their first album, this included.
6. Lara Fabian - Just a very basic song I'm afraid. I don't think I will ever get into Lara's music.
7. Paula Abdul - Her first big song. Doesn't really define the 80s for me, but it's a solid entry.
8. Livin' Joy - LMAO @ Janice Robinson being entered. I feel like this song didn't age well at all, though I still quite enjoy it.
9. Hole - Never really cared for Hole's stuff, though I cannot deny that this isn't bad by any means.
10. Backstreet Boys - What a classic bop. This song is still legendary, one of the very few songs that I have fully memorised.
11. Deniece Williams - Pretty nice for what it is, but this will most likely fade into the background, especially with many heavy weights in the second half.
12. TLC - Compared this to Tamia in my semi comment as both songs were quite similar stylistically, yet I believe TLC's song was executed much better. Fair to say that I was quite accurate, considering Tamia failed to get through. Good R&B track.
13. Samantha Fox - The moans are taking me somewhere else. Iconic bop.
14. Huey Lewis - Sounds like a reject from the more glam side of Van Halen's discography. Not as impactful as I expected this to be.
15. La Bouche - Quite surprised this barely qualified. Apart from rapping, this is pretty great.
16. Lionel Richie - I have never really got into Lionel Richie's music, I always felt like this song, despite being upbeat, sounds a bit lifeless.
17. Bjork - Okay listen, but it never really left much impact on me.
18. Chaka Khan - Pretty solid tune, however I feel like this is going to underperform compared to people's expectations.
19. Phil Collins - Nice to see some soft rock representation in this theme. Not my favourite from the 80s, but I quite liked it.
20. Jennifer Paige - I really do not think there's much to come back to. Pleasant, but it's not that memorable in the context of this TSC.
21. Whitney Houston - Just a classic, iconic Whitney song. Won't be surprised if she wins again.
22. Belinda Carlisle - Pretty solid song, makes more impact than many other from this decade in particular in this contest.
23. ABBA - Definitely not the best ABBA got to offer, but it's still ABBA which automatically makes it good.
24. Mariah Carey - LMAO. The fact that this is entered now when the Summer is starting is pretty funny. Iconic Christmas tune.
1778 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
Sam fox beat new order!!! Ridiculous!
1778 days 23 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Patti LaBelle - Sure Miss Patti, this is at least a big star unlike whatever the hell half this shit is.
02) The Cranberries - wot the fok at this nonsense this isn't one of the good Dolores songs.
03) B*Witched - LMFAO the 90s were really a scary time weren
they. This did me a cackle.
04) The Proclaimers - lol eek I don't hate this song despite the fact that everything about me says that I would.
05) Spice Girls - I mean, yeah ok. Why are we submitting the meh songs by every artist were all the good ones taken?
06) Lara Fabian - EVEN IN A 90S AND 80S WEEK, WE HAVE SEVERAL EUROVISION ARTISTS!
07) Paula Abdul - LMAO as I hear this song more and more I feel like it ages a little bit too much for me, but its alright still.
08) Livin' Joy - I feel this is so generic and I've possibly heard it in every club ever or very possibly not.
09) Hole - Yes mommy Courtney Love what an icon ugh I stan so much.
10) Backstreet Boys - Meh yeah I guess ok sure whatever I'll probably give this points because it's such a hit.
11) Deniece Williams - This plays in every gay bar and this 80s/90s songs theme is such a bother but I love it.
12) TLC - Unpopular opinion: I do not love this song.
13) Samantha Fox - It's crazy that this contest is making me love the 80s over the 90s its so strange.
14) Huey Lewis - Some of this contest is truly just a hard blink.
15) La Bouche - It's kind of iconic that this was submitted because its not something I would have thought to enter.
16) Lionel Richie - I LOVE THIS ENRIQUE IGLESIAS SONG!!!
17) Bjork - Oh please stop the fact that this even made it to this point is an atrocity this isnt MUSIC!!!
18) Chaka Khan - I feel like there's a sped up version that someone made recently but maybe I'm insane. It's a toot.
19) Phil Collins - lol goodbye
20) Jennifer Paige - Omfg another binb song. This isn't one of the better ones I'd say though?
21) Whitney Houston - Another song I've heard in every gay bar I've ever been in. It's a decent Whitney song, not the best.
22) Belinda Carlisle - Honestly Belinda always makes bops...I'm ashamed to admit that I hate the fact that theres a Brandi Carlile now...I always mix them up.
23) ABBA - Honestly this was the best song in the Mamma Mia 2 soundtrack it was such a bop to end the movie. Waterloo disappointed.
24) Mariah Carey - Ok this is gonna sound bad but if this was winter this would assuredly get a 12 for me but it's out of SEASON right now :(

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!