This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 356 Final

Topic » TSC 356 Final

1778 days 6 hours ago
LornaHollas
How it felt when I qualified

1.        Patti Labelle “New Attitude” – Enjoyed this, she has a great voice!
2.        The Cranberries “Ode To My Family” – I was so upset last year when Dolores died. I love the cranberries music, I love her voice and I love their style.
3.        B*Witched “C'est la Vie” – Somehow, I only heard of this song last year (to the shock of a lot of my friends) and since then it seems to have followed me around and I hear it everywhere. It’s so cheesy and Irish!
4.        The Proclaimers “I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)” – Iconic song! It has aged well and still gets played a lot.
5.        Spice Girls “Say You'll Be There” – This is definitely one of my favourite spice girls songs! Mel B/ Scary Spice will always be my fave.
6.        Lara Fabian “I Will Never Love Again” – Meh maybe if I had heard it before it would have a bigger impact but it just kind of passed me by.
7.        Paula Abdul “Straight Up” – I love this song! It will always remind me of raja vs carmen!
8.        Livin' Joy “Dreamer” – Sounds like something my Mum would love, good 90s dance song
9.        Hole “Celebrity Skin” -
10.        Backstreet Boys “I Want It That Way” – Never really cared for them or this song. Not for me.
11.        Deniece Williams “Let's Hear It For The Boy” – I’ve heard this before but never knew the song or artist. It’s alright but not sure how it will hold up against other songs.
12.        TLC “No Scrubs” - This is a song I always enjoy when it’s on but never really go out of my way to play it.
13.        Samantha Fox “Touch Me (I Want Your Body)” – Iconic song that just sounds so 80s! I love it! Also, she definitely deserved the final of CBB a whole lot more then Ricky during her year!
14.        Huey Lewis “The Power of Love” – How the song from back to the future only got here due to being a wildcard I don’t know. It gives me such nostalgia and now I want to watch back to the future!
15.        La Bouche “Be My Lover” – Just like livin’ joy it sounds like something my Mum would listen to, this was the weaker of the two, but I still liked it!
16.        Lionel Richie “All Night Long (All Night)” – I first heard of this song from an x factor ps3 game I used to have. It’s not necessarily a song I would go out of my way to play but I still enjoy it when I hear it.
17.        Bjork “Bachelorette” – I love Bjork so much, her music is always so different and unique. I love her voice. “Post” and “Homogenic” are brilliant albums!
18.        Chaka Khan “Ain't Nobody” – It’s alright but it doesn’t really stand out as much as other songs and just kind of passes me by.
19.        Phil Collins “Another Day In Paradise” – This was kind of dull and didn’t really go anywhere
20.        Jennifer Paige “Crush” – A bit forgettable but in no way bad
21.        Whitney Houston “How Will I Know” – Iconic opening lines (that there was a whole song just from those lyrics!) Definitely in my top 5 Whitney songs!
22.        Belinda Carlisle “La Luna” – It’s no “heaven is a place on earth” but it’s an alright listen
23.        ABBA “Super Trouper” – I remember having an abba greatest hits cd when I was younger and would always replay this song (mainly for the lyric about Glasgow!) Abba have no bad songs!
24.        Mariah Carey “All I Want For Christmas is You” – Just in time for the festive period! I love this song so despite it being June I’m still singing along feeling Christmassy!

A lot of songs I really like so a few of them will get very low points or none. Sad times!
1778 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Patti Labelle - Slay it Ms Patti! SLAY THE LIFE OUT OF THE KIDS. Amazing song, amazing voice. I can’t believe people thought this wasn’t going to qualify? Are you ok?
02) The Cranberries – Zombie is one of my favourite songs. This is very good too, full of soul, but it doesn’t quite live up to zombiue
03) B*Witched – Cheesy but iconic. This hasn’t aged well though. :p
04) The Proclaimers - Hate this. Always have, always will. Bleh at having to listen to this haha. :p
05) Spice Girls – One of my least favourite Spice Girls songs. :( It’s fine…but think of all the bangers that could have been sent instead.
06) Lara Fabian – Well this was something? I mean Celine did this type of song better in my opinion. It’s fine though.
07) Paula Abdul - I’ve never been a fan of her music, going to be honest. This is probably my favourite song by her.
08) Livin' Joy – That iconic hook though. Probably the winner out of the 90s dance songs here for me. :) But out of all the songs here it’s a middle of the pack song.
09) Hole – Interesting. It’s a song I’ve heard more on adverts than in full, but it’s okie dokey.
10) Backstreet Boys – Iconic, but it isn’t something I would listen to for enjoyment. :p
11) Deniece Williams - I hate the verses, but the chorus is pretty alright. Actually maybe I was too harsh, the verses aren’t awful.
12) TLC – I was hoping for waterfalls…I hope it was already submitted or you made a CHOICE. :p It’s fine.
13) Samantha Fox - Honestly Iconic 80s song. I watched a video of her performing this song in Norway in front of children and still making the moany noises haha :p 
14) Huey Lewis - Another song I’ve never really liked particularly. It’s ok but it’s not amazing by any stretch of the imagination.
15) La Bouche – I’ve never heard this before, was this a hit? :O It’s fine, very repetitive, but I guarantee it would be good in a rave haha :p That rap though.
16) Lionel Richie - Iconic song. Brilliant song with soul, everything about this is just so well done.
17) Bjork – well….well….this happened? :p
18) Chaka Khan - Iconic song, just wished it popped more than it does. Probably will win though.
19) Phil Collins - When I saw the running order I wasn’t looking forward to this, but then this song started and I loved it. I actually used this song in an assembly once, I’m not sure why. This is stun.
20) Jennifer Paige – Iconic, I like this tbh, it does really capture the 90s decade of pop. Just lust. :p
21) Whitney Houston - – I’ve never been a massive fan of her songs, this is fine, but it isn’t wow for me. :’(
22) Belinda Carlisle - I was hoping for circle in the sand, but this is OK too…I suppose. It’s a little shaky haha. The chorus is iconic though.
23) ABBA - I judged this harshly earlier, I actually really enjoyed this haha, total 180 of an opinion.
24) Mariah Carey – why would you use this song? Like why? I don’t really get it. I can tolerate it in December…not now.
1778 days 2 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) Patti Labelle – Drag race may have ruined this song for me a little, I HATE Eureka, but the song is a solidly good one
02) The Cranberries – I think it might have not got the impact that Linger has or Zombie for that matter
03) B*Witched – I mean look if im drunk at 5am at a party and this comes on you best believe I will be HOPPING around in my denim, other than that, I really am sick of this song
04) The Proclaimers – Legitimately one of my least favourite songs EVER
05) Spice Girls – I think this song is honestly legendary, they really followed up Wannabe with such a good song
06) Lara Fabian – I am not a huge fan of this one, I don’t think it really can stand up with the other legendary hits in this final
07) Paula Abdul – This is a great entry, I’ve always liked this song! It’s got a lot of staying power, I wonder if it will feature high in my points at the end
08) Livin' Joy – I’m A DREAMMERRRRRR https://media.giphy.com/media/2rAKGpQU530SzX4OEA/giphy.gif
09) Hole – I’m a fan of Courtney Love and Hole, it’s not that screaming one but I really like this song, it’s got a lot of power and bite to it.
10) Backstreet Boys – I mean undeniable that this slaps, and it’s a crowd pleaser, but would I choose to listen to this on my spotify? I’m not sure
11) Deniece Williams – YES! This is such a GAY song lol. A nice choice, but I have to think about how much I really love it in such a packed field as this
12) TLC – This song is SO strong, give Kandi Buruss a KNIGHTHOOD! A pinnacle of 90s pop and R&B imo
13) Samantha Fox – This is such a memorable chorus! It’s kinda paint-by-numbers 80s pop rock but I’m into it!
14) Huey Lewis – LMAO I actually hate this song so much! Yall shoulda gone with a DIFFERENT Power of Love..
15) La Bouche – Those first bars really do make my bussy SHAKE, after that, it’s debatable!
16) Lionel Richie – I mean this really is a damn CLASSIQUE. This really makes me baila salsa fiesta!
17) Bjork – I think it’s well known that I am a big Bjork fan, it’s not one of the ‘hits’ but she is just such an interesting and layered artist
18) Chaka Khan – A pretty iconic song here, the ATTITUDE Chaka has in her vocal is really unparalleled
19) Phil Collins – Phil Collins was cancelled for me when he did Against All Odds, this does not make up for it, I do like the Tarzan soundtrack tho??
20) Jennifer Paige  - it’s JUST, a little CRUSH https://media.tenor.com/images/c4471633bdb599cc54455de3920cad5a/tenor.gif
21) Whitney Houston – I mean it’s obvious this is a legendary entry, it’s a guaranteed floor filler and everyone knows the words, how will I know if my scalp really needs me??
22) Belinda Carlisle – I know that Heaven is a Place on Earth wasn’t available, but this is just not it..
23) ABBA – SOO PAA PAA TROO PAA PAA. I mean it’s such an earworm, catchy and classic, it’s far from Abba’s best, but it’s definitely in contention for me.
24) Mariah Carey – Controversially, I’m not a mega fan of this song, it actually kinda annoys me LOL
1777 days 22 hours ago
Tepr
01) Patti Labelle – this was too cheesy, very repetitive, I found it really annoying
02) The Cranberries - im slowly coming around to their music, but I must admit I don’t really like them as a whole, yet this song I recognise its value
03) B*Witched - I mean, I can’t deny that this is top notch pop song, it’s just so embarrassing!
04) The Proclaimers – over played to death, I never liked this song, I can barely stand it!
05) Spice Girls - I was never really a big fan of this song
06) Lara Fabian - boring shouty vocalists, not for me at all
07) Paula Abdul – I like the attitude in this one
08) Livin' Joy -  its hard to go wrong with a good 90’s club anthem, I enjoy this song, but it’s one of those cheesy anthems that can get tiring real quick
09) Hole - I really need to give Hole more time, it’s one of those songs I know, but don’t know the artists very well
10) Backstreet Boys - not really my style, but with a few drinks this is a fun song to sing along with
11) Deniece Williams – another example of a very repetitive song
12) TLC - this suffers because its overplayed, but I mean it’s a classic
13) Samantha Fox – hmm its okay, im slightly underwhelmed by these 80’s qualifiers so far
14) Huey Lewis – again another annoying one, so disappointed by these 80’s qualifiers
15) La Bouche - I didn’t care for this one much , very annoying to be honest
16) Lionel Richie – im not a fan of Lionel, but theres something rather timeless about this song
17) Bjork – Bjork is up there, with Karin Dreijer aka The Knife/Fever Ray, Susanne Sundfør, Victoria Legrand from Beach House, Grimes and Pj Harey as one of my fav female artists ever! 
18) Chaka Khan – Typical 80’s club anthem style, buts Chakas vocals bring it to another level
19) Phil Collins – I mostly dislike his general musical aesthetic, but this is a good song
20) Jennifer Paige - hmm maybe the most nostalgic song for me , both my older sisters were obsessed with this
21) Whitney Houston – again I find this song annoying        
22) Belinda Carlisle – Loving the overall atmosphere of this, this stands out from the 80’s entries
23) ABBA – one of my least fav abba song, I always skipped this one when I was younger
24) Mariah Carey – good song, but it’s hard to recognise at this time of year.
1777 days 22 hours ago
Arris
01. Patti Labelle - Pretty good tbh. I didn't know this track prior to this. She's unquestionably one of the biggest 80s divas.
02. The Cranberries - RIP Dolores :( She was naturally such a talented and charming performer. There's just the uniqueness in her voice nobody else can capture quite like her. I can feel the emotions. Good entry.
03. B*Witched - Iconic but awful at the same time. I've never liked this track and I still don't but... it's catchy as hell and you can;t help but bop along.
04. The Proclaimers - I have mixed feelings about this track tbh. Like it's good but it doesn't really do much for me - kinda boring?
05. Spice Girls - What a marvelous track memorizing 90s. A classic with a big C. One of their best singles, as well as one of the most defying songs of 90's. Loved it.
06. Lara Fabian - OMG yessss. I love this track! What a classic. I feel like it's sadly kinda forgotten these days (3M views on YT is inexcusable) but shouldn't be. It still sounds epic.
07. Paula Abdul - One of the best song created in 80s. Period. Iconic, fab, memorable, classic.
08. Livin' Joy - This kind of music was everywhere in 90s. Personally, I don't think this particular track is any good. It's boring and repetitive. From so many amazing tracks of 90s that could have been picked you ended up with this? I-...
09. Hole - This song is also iconic. I hear it a lot even these days, it really stood the test of time. Miss Courtney Love did that!
10. Backstreet Boys - Absolutely loved it. Another song that now sounds just as good as it did all those years ago. Although I loved the little Brooklyn 99 re-endition hehe
11. Denice Williams - A nice chilled down 80s track. I sometimes hear it on the radio. Wouldn't call it one of my favorite tracks of 80s but I think it's pretty cute.
12. TLC - I like this track too! Many classics but that's what I expected. This one aged quite well. That chorus is just ICONIC. r & b at its finest!
13. Samantha Fox - So iconic! uuugh touch me *moans* yea, I like it. Super fun and catchy.
14. Huey Lewis - I'm going to be honest that I'm not the biggest fan. It's kinda... there. It's actually kinda good when the chorus kicks but overall it's nothing fantastic.
15. La Bouche - UUUUGH what kinda fun and iconic 90s bop. I would love to dance to this song in a club or something :( Love it <3
16. Lionel Richie - This is also iconic. I mean personally I have always preferred other tracks by Lionel but this one is pretty good too.
17. Bjork - I found it rather creepy. While I appreciate the fact that her music is art, I personally couldn't ever get into it. It was just a very hard listen.
18. Chaka Khan - Oh wow I never knew this track by a name but I always hear it on the radio. Fabulous! I just wish the chorus kicked harder.
19. Phill Collins - This is also one of those 80s track that absolutely stood the test of time. I hear it on the radio all the time. Strong entry.
20. Jennifer Paige - Another decade defying entry. It's so good and also stood the test of time. A genuinely good entry.
21. Whitney Houston - Pop perfection! Absolutely wonderful tune that still sounds so good after all these years. Loveeees it.
22. Belinda Carlisle - Shit this is soooo good. I never knew SHE sang it! Another pop perfection, super strong chorus.
23. ABBA - We love some ABBA, don't we? This is actually one of my favorite tracks of them. Shiiit man idk what to do, and how to point at this point... so many strong entries.
24. Mariah Carey - A classic indeed but I wish I wasn't forced to listen to this in June. I mean it's solid af but I never was REALLY crazy about it and that doesn't change... especially here in June.
1777 days 20 hours ago
LoveMeLoveMe
Comment

01) Patti Labelle
I liked this songgggg and her voice is strong too

02) The Cranberries
I love them but nothing can beat Zombie.

03) B*Witched
What a fun song lol but im not really into this we will see if this going to get my vote or nah.

04) The Proclaimers
I likeeee thisss so fun idk why i like this tho lol

05) Spice Girls
Ofcourse iconnnn i love this tho heard this before but is soooo long time ago :)

06) Lara Fabian
Not bad tho but yeahh.

07) Paula Abdul
Hmnn im not into this

08) Livin' Joy
Omggg this sooooo good solid tho

09) Hole
Surprise i did like this and i like her voice too theres something special in her voice tho.

10) Backstreet Boys
Awww childhood reminds me when i was kid :)

11) Deniece William
Iike the mv and her voice the song is so so for me

12) TLC
Omg one of my fav song!!

13) Samantha Fox
This is boring and not my thing...

14) Huey Lewis
His have a nice voice but the song is not bad

15) La Bouche
Yesss 90s Electronic song this isssss gooddddd

16) Lionel Richie
This is so chill and i like itttt

17) Bjork
This is dramatic but kinda messy

18) Chaka Khan
Hmnn im not into this hmnn

19) Phil Collins
I found this boring

20) Jennifer Paige
This is also boring yawnn

21) Whitney Houston
Ofc she have a nice voice and the song just a bit meh.

22) Belinda Carlisle
This so good i liked this sounds not like 80s song tho

23) ABBA
Aww this is so cuteeeee

24) Mariah Carey
Well kinda not fair because this will probably will win hmnnn give other a chance lol
1777 days 15 hours ago
IceBeast
01) Patti Labelle - 'New Attitude'- liked her soul
02) The Cranberries - 'Ode to My Family' - meh this was calming though
03) B*Witched - 'C'est la Vie' - i hate that i find this catchy
4) The Proclaimers - yessss love the voice
05) Spice Girls - 'Say You'll Be There' - idk why i was never really a fan of the spice girls, don’t kill me
06) Lara Fabian - 'I Will Never Love Again' - this was nice
07) Paula Abdul - 'Straight Up' - this was okay, also wish it had more
08) Livin' Joy - 'Dreamer' - not a fan
09) Hole - 'Celebrity Skin - this was okay
10) Backstreet Boys - 'I Want It That Way' - a good throwback!
11) Deniece Williams - 'Let's Hear It For The Boy' - love the vibes
12) TLC - 'No Scrubs' - another good throwback
13) Samantha Fox - 'Touch Me (I Want Your Body)' - meh
14) Huey Lewis - 'The Power of Love’ - catchy
15) La Bouche - 'Be My Lover' - this was pleasant but lacking for me
16) Lionel Richie - 'All Night Long (All Night)' - like this, wish it was faster though
17) Bjork - 'Bachelorette' - okay i didn’t like this at all
18) Chaka Khan - 'Ain't Nobody' - this was okay, i felt like it was missing something
19) Phil Collins - Another Day in Paradise - he’s pleasant
20) Jennifer Paige - 'Crush' - dragged
21) Whitney Houston - 'How Will I Know' -  queen of pop
22) Belinda Carlisle - 'La Luna' - i liked this a lot!
23) ABBA - 'Super Trouper' - iconic af song.
24) Mariah Carey - 'All I Want For Christmas is You' - her only good song
1777 days 15 hours ago
MISSimogen
1) patti labelle - oufff we're starting this finale off right patti is really coming for knecks with this up beat bop
2) the cranberries - this song sounds so depressing omg.. prefer something abit more upbeat cnsidering this is the 90s
3) b*witched - honestly a bop probably the only song of theirs i know lol but it's stun
4) the proclaimers - absolute classic end of story this honestly reminds me of little britain ctfuuu i love it more for nostalgic purposes
5) spice girls - load of shite its boring one of their worst songs dunno why u entered it - bore
6) lara fabian -  tbh this is good, not the best of the bunch but shes doing what she has to do to make finals at least!
7) paula abdul - yeah this is stun cant stop thinking abt raja and carmens lip sync.. gorgeous
8) livin joy - classic 90s beat i love it this is stunning #JusticeForJanice
9) hole -  this is stun hole was such a good band in the 80s and have so many bops this might be my fave
10) backstreet boys - honestly iconic lets face it, everyone knows all the words to this it's just a bop
11) deniece williams - love her she is a cute girl but compared to some of these classics it just dnt hold up
12) tlc - this is a classic... now this one is TIMELESS they did what mariah carey couldn't
13) samantha fox - wheeewww i honestly really like this at least shes put more personality into this song then she ever did in cbb and thts that on that
14) huey lewis - literally dnt even remember listening to this song in the semis dunno how u waltzed ur way into the finals
15) la bouche - this is gorg.. this is what i hoped more of the 90s songs would be like.. a lil bit more upbeat and dance tracks
16) lionel richie - this is another classic very smooth nd soothing its not my fave compared to these other up beat fun ones but def a refreshing change
17) bjork - not a fan of bjork soz bit too quirky for my liking
18) chaka khan - such an iconic song we cant deny that she gives me an american sinita and it makes me love her even more she just needs a leaf bikini
19) phil collins - yeah sorry this one fell flat for me just a bit boring it can do one
20) jennifer paige - yeah it's alright i think i only like it a bit bc of nostalgic purposes
21) whitney houston - this is clearly the winner whoever picked this i hope u choke for picking such an obvious winner nd not going for something a lil bit different ur NOT tht impressive but yes whitney is most likely getting my 12 points bc this is just timeless
22) belinda carlisle - didnt really care for this not really an iconic piece of music excellence
23) abba - i honestly used to pay abba dust and idk why but this song being in the tsc has actually made me go back and watch all their classic vids so i have to give this song pointers for doing that im literally in loooooove... i can picture this song being used in a black mirror episode and im here for it
24) mariah carey - well obviously this is a classic song, it could honestly of been 1st but this song is so overrplayed that you get sick of it..
1777 days 13 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Patti Labelle-  Patti Labelle- This is a fun song and super catchy! It puts ME in a good attitude.
02) The Cranberries- Beautiful song, and heavy lyrics. THIS is 90s.
03) B*Witched- At first this was corny but it got to campy so i like it, it has a catchy melody and there’s something endearing about it.
04) The Proclaimers- This is a great Americana song that isn’t immediately what I think of for 80s but it’s great folky rock shit.
05) Spice Girls- This was very okay. It was cool. I expected a lot more though and it didnt seem that different from other poppy hiphoppy songs.
06) Lara Fabian- This wasn’t too shabby. I loved her smoky raspy voice! It got repetitive but it was solid.
07) Paula Abdul- Ugh. Like I think Paula Abdul is low-key a one hit wonder and this is definitely, 100% a hit and home run. It’s also not basic, and the melody goes all over the place in a good way.
08) Livin' Joy- Hated this, her voice was shrill and shrieky and it was just too much, it stressed me out.
09) Hole- Now this is so 90s and exemplary of the decade. I love the alt rockness and the voice <3
10) Backstreet Boys- A guilty pleasure song. It’s not amazing by any means but it’s kinda iconic and catchy.
11) Deniece Williams- This is a cute song, I like it in Footloose! It also sounded a little subdued but I didn’t mind it.
12) TLC- Kandi Burruss wrote THAT. Also yeah love this, THIS is iconic 90s as well!
13) Samantha Fox- I like this! It reminds me of a movie soundtrack in a coming of age film and it’s a bop.
14) Huey Lewis- This was aight. But it didn’t move me like at all.
15) La Bouche- This sounded like generic club music you’d hear in a dated movie.
16) Lionel Richie-  I liked the tropical undertones, the rest was a little one-note but it was pleasant like most 80s shit.
17) Bjork- LOVE this Icelandic queen. The song sounded cool and haunting and wow @ that meta video. It matched the music. Also the lyrics are pure poetry.
18) Chaka Khan- This was a little haunting which was cool. Didn’t have a wow factor but I thought it was a good nighttime listen.
19) Phil Collins- So it sounds bad saying this but even though this song had a great message I just don’t care for songs that heavy handedly preach to you, even if they’re very valid. So it’s a no for me.
20) Jennifer Paige- This was sleepy. I appreciated it kinda but it was pretty meh and sounded super 2000s.
21) Whitney Houston- It was kinda repetitive but it also grew a bit on me toward the end. I like her voice a lot, obvi, but also I think she’s a little teensy overrated
22) Belinda Carlisle- This song was magic. It told a story! Way cool.
23) ABBA- Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and…. fuck yeah. My fav Mamma Mia song (even though the newer one is better)!
24) Mariah Carey- Duh who doesn’t like this lol. I don’t like Mariah that much as a person but this is the 2nd most iconic xmas song behind Santa Tell Me.
1777 days 12 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Patti Labelle - the diva iconism we're looking for
02) The Cranberries - uh interesting choice for them?? Jesus this song takes a while to get started
03) B*Witched - AMAZING ICONISM! I loved singing this as a kid and I loved singing it again tonight
04) The Proclaimers - for a group of men this is pretty good
05) Spice Girls - honestly this was always my 2nd favorite song by them (obviously wannabe is my first, I'm not an idiot)
06) Lara Fabian - this kinda slays why have I not heard this before
07) Paula Abdul - AMERICAN IDOL WAS NEVER THE SAME
08) Livin' Joy - not what I expected and I don't really want something electronic-ish in this contest so sorry
09) Hole - kind of a random song I haven't pinpointed yet after a few times listening to it over the years, but it's not bad
10) Backstreet Boys - iconic pop song that I got bullied for liking but who cares it's amazing
11) Deniece Williams - I mean it's hard for me to differentiate this as a song from a meme but it's iconic and like sweet/simple
12) TLC - shit we have this AND Mariah's song? I have no chance of winning. There's nothing really wrong with this song tbh it's going to be very hard to pick what's getting my 12 this week
13) Samantha Fox - it's cute but not THAT great compared so some of the other heavy hitters this contest
14) Huey Lewis - speaking of songs by men that bop… this fits the bill
15) La Bouche - it's bee forever since I've heard this! It bops and maybe if I listen to it a few more times it'll slam but I'm content with how it is for now
16) Lionel Richie - why did u submit this?? Just seems random and silly but not in an iconic way
17) Bjork - I don't like Bjork and this song didn't change anything
18) Chaka Khan - it's fine, has its moments, but somehow I still feel kinda bored
19) Phil Collins - nah no thanks
20) Jennifer Paige - its cute and is giving me Glee flashbacks but there are stronger entries this contest sorry
21) Whitney Houston - not her best but still great… honestly I kinda loved glee's version
22) Belinda Carlisle  - sure it's fun and interesting
23) ABBA - a genuinely iconic song… I love ABBA so much
24) Mariah Carey - tried to submit this, too bad felix is a terrible host who took forever to send out mailers (: one of the best pop songs (and THE best holiday song) of all time
1777 days 12 hours ago
dragotistic
1.        Patti LaBelle – “New Attitude” – this had its moments but overall wasn’t super impressed

2.        The Cranberries – “Ode to My Family” – wasn’t a fan of this, I like their other music more (aka their ineligible stuff lol)

3.        B*Witched – “C’est la vie” – was pleasantly surprised by this one. I’m digging it.
4.        The Proclaimers – “500 Miles (I’m Gonna Be) – definitely a fan of this song, it’s a go-to for karaoke night lmfao
5.        Spice Girls – “Say You’ll Be There” – I’m no expert on the Spice Girls or even a big fan of them and their music, but this was pretty alright.
6.        Lara Fabian – “I Will Love Again” – if adagio was submitted I would’ve 12ed the hell out of that. This was still pretty good, and had a nice catchy chorus.
7.        Paula Abdul – “Straight Up” – whoever submitted this I love you and I hope you enjoy the points you are definitely getting
8.        Livin’ Joy – “Dreamer” – that beat is really nice. Sounds kinda like some early house music. This grew on me a lot as it kept going.
9.        Hole – “Celebrity Skin” – uhhhhhhhhhhh this is the part of the 90s music scene I choose to forget. Not that all rock music from the 90s is bad, most of it is really good, this just isn’t
10.        Backstreet Boys – “I Want It That Way” – I love this song a lot. Also a go-to karaoke jam.
11.        Deniece Williams – “Let’s Hear It for the Boy” – this was pretty jammin’, I enjoyed it but I don’t know how it will hold up for me as I go through the rest of the contest
12.        TLC – “No Scrubs” – I’ve never really liked this song. Nothing about that has changed upon this listen.
13.        Samantha Fox – “Touch Me” - **heart eyes** wooow
14.        Huey Lewis – “The Power of Love” – yeah this was cool. It stands out cause it’s one of the only male songs in this final. I dig yah
15.        La Bouche – “Be My Lover” – this sounded pretty similar to some of the other stuff in the contest. And for once, the guy feature didn’t hurt the song. It went kinda hard
16.        Lionel Richie – “All Night Long (All Night)” – I went through a huge Lionel phase earlier this year. So yeah, I’m a fan. Grats on points from me
17.        Bjork – “Bachelorette” – an actual bop I like this
18.        Chaka Khan – “Ain’t Nobody” – I’m noticing a pattern of a lot of similar songs qualifying for the final. If it works it works lmfao. This was pretty good.
19.        Phil Collins – “Another Day in Paradise” – oof y’all are really coming for my points this week. I dig
20.        Jennifer Paige – “Crush” – eh I was a bit iffy on this one. It didn’t really have an impact on me
21.        Whitney Houston – “How Will I Know” – how I feel knowing that the streak of me being the only one to win with whitney is ending this week https://imgur.com/a/4Z47kBI
22.        Belinda Carlisle – “La Luna” – did not benefit coming after whitney I’m sorry. I’m not a huge fan of the song
23.        ABBA – “Super Trouper” – the music video feels so uncomfortable but the song is good
24.        Mariah Carey – “All I Want for Christmas is You” – well how about this. Probably gonna win this week. I respect it. And in the pimp spot. We respect the queen
1777 days 11 hours ago
Insanity
1. Patti Labelle - Really not too familiar with a whole lot of Patti. Afraid I’m not gonna score this too high because I’m so much more familiar with some of these songs, but this was a fun opener.
2. The Cranberries - Ugh, I love them! So happy they ended up qualifying for finals! I can undoubtedly say this is not their best, but I’m really just captivated by the late Dolores O’Riordan no matter what she does. She could sing the ABC’s and I’d be entertained.
3. B*Witched - Well we don’t have any Butterfly by smile.dk but in terms of really bad CGI I guess this will do. This is so cheesy it hurts, but in this kind of contest I’m kind of really here for it so like go off a bit. Unfortunately it will suffer because this is literally my first listen and it’s really just so bad but bad enough that it’s good.
4. The Proclaimers - Wow I’m really about to call Felix out for being Azealia Banks cause he gave an Irish entry the death slot and put the most Irish sounding entries back to back. What does Eoin have to say about this? But I mean the Irish are 3 for 3 in terms of TALENT so go off I guess? This song is so damn iconic. (ok I guess the Proclaimers are Scottish not Irish but like shhhhhh)
5. Spice Girls - I wish I listened to them more as part of my gay history classes they should have offered me in high school. They were unfortunately a little too before my time I’m afraid. I was feeling this, but I don’t have any nostalgia over it so it might suffer as a result.
6. Lara Fabian - LMAO This is so cheesy. But like if you’re gonna be cheesy it’s gotta be at B*Witched levels or else I’m probably gonna dismiss it, and yeah I think that’s what I’m gonna do with this song unfortauntely.
7. Paula Abdul - BOPPPPPP. This song makes me feel like the slut I unfortunately can not be anymore :c But I still get my whole entire life to this song. As soon as I saw this in the 80s running order I was like “hello my 12.”
8. Livin’ Joy - Wait the beat on this is actually kinda sick. Like it’s really aged well and if you told me this was Sigala or some shit like that I would believe you. It’s actually lowkey a banger? God it’s too early in the contest for me to be liking almost everything.
9. Hole - I think I only know this song because of the Yuhua vs. Mayhem lipsync, so like, EMBARRASSING. But I mean it only took me 9 songs but I think I finally found the first song so far that I genuinely didn’t care for at all.
10. The Backstreet Boys - WHO COULD FORGET ABOUT THIS BOP? My cousin and I would fight about which CASETTE TAPE (yes, this was in 2000) we would play between Backstreet Boys and N*SYNC. I was Team Backstreet Boys and honestly I knew I picked Team Talent way back in the day. This song is still instantly recognizable no matter where you go! You can’t say the same about any N*SYNC song.
11. Deniece Williams - OH MY GOD A TBONES RADIO SONG BUT LIKE AN ICONIC ONE. I’ve only heard this song because it was on TBones’s playlist once upon a time and I always thought it was such a trainwreck. It’s honestly still hilarious listening to it now. Go off.
12. TLC - SPEAKING OF TBONES, I literally told my coworker at the bar tonight after our shift together that I only know TWO TLC songs and those are Waterfalls and No Scrubs. Who could forget this about this empowerment anthem that encouraged our millenial youth to set STANDARDS for ourselves? Aside from the premature climax that happened towards the middle rather than the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this. RIP Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes
13. Samantha Fox - The bar is just so high right now that this kind of “meh” 80s pop isn’t gonna cut it for me. I still don’t hate it but I’m just not impacted by it.
14. Huey Lewis - Another song in this contest that I just don’t really care for at all. Pretty forgettable.
15. La Bouche - And PATRICK, of ALL PEOPLE, is calling people TASTELESS for voting this to finals? Well in that case… call me tasteless. Quite the bop, truly.
16. Lionel Richie - I was more focused trying to find a certain gif to my friend than I was listening to this song so yeah I think that says something about how great this song was.
17. Björk - Always an act that I can appreciate more than I can actually enjoy, and unfortunately simply appreciation isn’t gonna cut it this week.
18. Chaka Khan - This song was more iconic than I remember. Shame. Nevertheless, it still snaps when the chorus hits.
19. Phil Collins - If this ain’t the song from Tarzan, I ain’t INTERESTED. Ugh, remember when movie soundtrack songs actually SNAPPED?
20. Jennifer Paige - Pretty cheesy, but not really at the level I want it to be. It remains forgettable.
21. Whitney Houston - Ugh QUEEN. An iconic song from an iconic legend. Such a legendary and memorable voice.
22. Belinda Carlisle - I’m sorry, but I’ve never heard this artist before, and looking at my top 10, I can safelt say there’s basically NOTHING this song can do for it to earn points from me at this rate. Honestly, this song was even worse than I was expecting, so congrats on that I guess.
23. ABBA - ANOTHER FORMER LEGENDARY TBONES BOP. Honestly our old playlist had no songs from this decade LOL. Another song I think is a trainwreck, and I know ABBA has done much better than this, but I still bop to this.
24. Mariah Carey - CRYING at this one Mariah song being submitted. Honestly it’s actually a better bet for me opposed to a lot of other Mariah discography. What an iconic closer.
1777 days 11 hours ago
Insanity
I LOVED SO MANY SONGS THIS WEEK IF I DIDNT GIVE YOU POINTS SORRY! :((((((

Jury voting this week btw!!!
1777 days 10 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Patti Labelle        Bop Bop Boppity Bop Bop Bop
02) The Cranberries        how did this make it through?
03) B*Witched        Iconic! Yes
04) The Proclaimers        i mean it's iconic and like i don't love it, but i still sing along
05) Spice Girls        Like... i'm sorry but Spice was the album of the 90s
06) Lara Fabian        FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG. 90s dance ANTHEM!
07) Paula Abdul        I mean i've never vibed with this a lot but still a boop
08) Livin' Joy        ughhhhh yaaaas fuck this is gonna be hard to rank
09) Hole        yea this is like some bibbles loving here
10) Backstreet Boys        Yea its' their most iconic, but not their best by ANY means, but still BSB > NSYNC thenk yew
11) Deniece Williams        this is in that same boat as Patti
12) TLC        I mean... it still goes awfff today
13) Samantha Fox        Yes queen icon legend
14) Huey Lewis        more okay songs but like not for me
15) La Bouche        i'm sorry 90s dance anthems are so fucking iconic
16) Lionel Richie        this isn't a bop for me....it's very motr
17) Bjork        i like how we have these iconic bops then this crap that makes it to the finals?
18) Chaka Khan        again more bops of the 80s yas
19) Phil Collins        if it's not against all odds... i'm not interested
20) Jennifer Paige        ughhh this is my "airplane" music song i don't know why but it reminds me of flying
21) Whitney Houston        I mean... this is definitely top 5ing
22) Belinda Carlisle        it's no heaven is a place on earth but still semi-iconic
23) ABBA        i mean not their best... but their bests have probably been used by now
24) Mariah Carey        yea it's great, but like in the context of outside of christmas, i can't bring myself to be living for it now... sorry
1777 days 10 hours ago
TolisKalkas
I had 13 Tier 1 songs this week
4 tier 2, 2 tier 3, 1 tier 4, and 3 tier 5.... that's like opposite of usual... sorry to the 3 songs in tier 1 that didn't get points :(

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!