This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2018 - Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2018 - Semi-Final..

1913 days 3 hours ago
ricktworick1
The points go like this

But not only that but you need to send in who came in 13th, 14th, and 15th in case people get disqualified. You CANNOT vote for your own entry.

If you are not participating in this semi-final as a contestant, you are not allowed to vote.

If you do not vote, your song will be disqualified. If you do not comment, you will lose your top 3 votes.

13 entries will qualify from each Semi-Final.

You have until Monday, 4th February at 8 PM BST/3 PM EST to send your votes and comments.

The results announcement on who goes through from semi finals will be at 9:30 PM BST/4:30 PM EST on the same day.
1912 days 20 hours ago
ricktworick1
Tonight's Running Order

01) Mimoza
02) Ava Max
03) Demi Lovato
04) Jenifer
05) The Faim
06) K/DA
07) Sultan + Shepard
08) CupcakKe
09) Emeli Sande
10) Within Temptation
11) VIOLINA
12) R3HAB x THRDL!FE
13) Frenship
14) Grace Carter
15) Gabrielle
16) Delia
17) Dua Lipa
18) Sara Jo
19) Black Honey
20) Lauren Aquilina
21) Che'Nelle
22) The Driver Era
23) Panic! At The Disco
24) JoJo
25) Faouzia
26) Carpark North
27) Ida Maria
28) Mikolas Josef
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
01) Mimoza - 'Love For Days'

"Love For Days" by Mimoza was entered by Fritzyyyyy in TSC336, and it finished 1st with 154 points.

02) Ava Max - 'Sweet But Psycho'

"Sweet But Psycho" by Ava Max was entered by Arris in TSC327, and it finished 1st with 116 points.

03) Demi Lovato - 'Sober'

"Sober" by Demi Lovato was entered by NicoleF in TSC337, and it finished 8th with 70 points.

04) Jenifer - 'Paradis Secret'

"Paradis Secret" by Jenifer was entered by ryan5676 in TSC326, and it finished 6th with 76 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
05) The Faim - 'Summer Is A Curse'

"Summer Is A Curse" by The Faim was entered by bibbles in TSC332, and it finished 3rd with 105 points.

06) K/DA - 'POP/STARS (feat. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns)'

"POP/STARS" by K/DA was entered by TolisKalkas in TSC335, and it finished 2nd with 123 points.

07) Sultan + Shepard - 'Damn (feat. Red Rosamond)'

"Damn" by Sultan + Shepard featuring Red Rosamand was entered by Eoin in TSC324, and it finished 1st with 113 points.

08) CupcakKe - 'Duck Duck Goose'

Alt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCxt9ZmlV4g

"Duck Duck Goose" by CupcakKe was entered by Insanity in TSC335, and it finished 3rd with 110 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
09) Emeli Sande - 'Breathing Underwater'

"Breathing Underwater" by Emeli Sande was entered by AlanDuncan in TSC324, and it finished 3rd with 94 points.

10) Within Temptation - 'The Reckoning (feat. Jacoby Shaddix)'

"The Reckoning" by Within Temptation featuring Jacoby Shaddix was entered by AquaMarine in TSC333, and it finished 2nd with 103 points.

11) VIOLINA - 'Me Calientas (feat. Emily J & Meriam Bosa)'

"Me Calientas" by VIOLINA featuring Emily J & Meriam Bosa was entered by rodrigueseve in TSC337, and it finished 2nd with 104 points.

12) R3HAB x THRDL!FE - 'Wrong Move (feat. Olivia Holt)'

"Wrong Move" by R3HAB x THRDL!FE featuring Olivia Holt was entered by QueenMichelle in TSC321, and it finished 13th with 61 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
Aquamarine
WHO DID THIS
WHO SUBMITTED CUPCAKKE
ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL BIBBLES
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
13) Frenship - '1000 Nights'

"1000 Nights" by Frenship was entered by Alexito in TSC337, and it finished 1st with 105 points.

14) Grace Carter - 'Why Her Not Me'

"Why Her Not Me" by Grace Carter was entered by catch_a_falling_star in TSC329, and it finished 2nd with 112 points.

15) Gabrielle - 'Mellom Skyene'

"Mellom Skyene" by Gabrielle was entered by Alexeh23 in TSC326, and it finished 3rd with 95 points.

16) Delia - 'Du-te-ma'

"Du-te-ma" by Delia was entered by DallasAndrew in TSC326, and it finished 2nd with 101 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
17) Dua Lipa - 'Garden'

"Garden" by Dua Lipa was entered by MJFJUNE in TSC321, and it finished 6th with 83 points.

18) Sara Jo - 'Lava'

"Lava" by Sara Jo was entered by MvrshmallowCat in TSC337, and it finished 12th with 52 points.

19) Black Honey - 'I Only Hurt The Ones I Love'

"I Only Hurt The Ones I Love" by Black Honey was entered by LornaHollas in TSC321, and it finished 5th with 85 points.

20) Lauren Aquilina - 'Ocean'

"Ocean" by Lauren Aquilina was entered by Josh742 in TSC320, and it finished 14th with 46 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
21) Che'Nelle - 'Criminal'

"Criminal" by Che'Nelle was entered by adeleadele in TSC328, and it finished 3rd with 116 points.

22) The Driver Era - 'Preacher Man'

"Preacher Man" by The Driver Era was entered by Patrick319 in TSC320, and it finished 1st with 139 points.

23) Panic! At The Disco - 'High Hopes'

"High Hopes" by Panic! At The Disco was entered by PrincessTeePee in TSC331, and it finished 2nd with 107 points.

24) JoJo - 'Vibe'

"Vibe" by JoJo was entered by DanielKennedy111 in TSC325, and it finished 3rd with 85 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
25) Faouzia - 'This Mountain'

"This Mountain" by Faouzia was entered by ricktworick1 in TSC333, and it finished 1st with 132 points.

26) Carpark North - '32 (feat. Sandra Nasic)'

"32" by Carpark North featuring Sandra Nasic was entered by onemanarmy in TSC335, and it finished 4th with 96 points.

27) Ida Maria - 'Scandilove'

"Scandilove" by Ida Maria was entered by TheGoodMan in TSC321, and it finished 14th with 53 points.

28) Mikolas Josef - 'Me Gusta'

"Me Gusta" by Mikolas Josef was entered by CharlieBibi in TSC331, and it finished 1st with 124 points.
1912 days 19 hours ago
ricktworick1
All 28 songs have now been posted.

You have until Monday, 4th February at 8 PM BST/3 PM EST to send your votes and comments.

The results announcement on who goes through from semi finals will be at 9:30 PM BST/4:30 PM EST on the same day.

REMEMBER ABOUT INCLUDING THE 13TH, 14TH AND 15TH PLACES IN CASE OF DQ'S.
1912 days 18 hours ago
ricktworick1
CLARIFICATION: You can vote in this semi even if you do not have a song in it, but you must have both comments and votes done.
1912 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Mimoza - I remember this song, I believe I gave it a 12 because everything was bland and basic in that contest. Its gonna have a tough time in this one though. Prediction: QUALIFIER
02) Ava Max - This was very recently one of my songs of the week, I love love love this song now and I apologize about what I thought the first time if I played and didnt like it. Prediction: QUALIFIER
03) Demi Lovato - Well this aged poorly. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
04) Jenifer - Well, the link doesn't work and I couldn't find it on YouTube. Sorry bout it. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
05) The Faim - I did not like it the first time I do not like it this time. Kind of surprised how well this did. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
06) K/DA - This was robbed in a tie for the win IIRC, time to get it to the finals this time and see if it can snag a win. Prediction: QUALIFIER
07) Sultan + Shepard - This kind of bops I was hoping for a bit more but it's better than a lot of the other winners so thats that. Prediction: QUALIFIER
08) CupcakKe - This deserved to be in Best Of so much, I love it. Poor Bibbles is gonna have a heart attack when this makes finals. Prediction: QUALIFIER
09) Emeli Sande - I think Emeli is a great singer, I do not think this one of her better songs. Alas, I do not think this will fare well. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
10) Within Temptation - Wow how I wish this was in Semi 1 because this one is far too messy entertaining for me to do well. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
11) VIOLINA - This is pleasant enough. I feel like it might get lost in the other songs in this contest, but I feel like itll be on the edge of qualifying? Prediction: QUALIFIER
12) R3HAB x THRDL!FE - I tried to figure out why I knew her and I figure it must be because she was in a remix of a We the Kings song. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
13) Frenship - How in the ever loving fuck did this song win and why did you do that to all of us? This is white people nonsense. Prediction: QUALIFIER
14) Grace Carter - I feel like the epitome of a catch submission is "vaguely pleasant enough but not enough for me to remember it". Prediction: QUALIFIER
15) Gabrielle - I heard French and was ready to DQ it and then it got kinda litty titty. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
16) Delia - How in the world did this get 2nd place but oh my god I shrieked at the fingering the fruits. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
17) Dua Lipa - This gonna be penalized because this person isn't a regular and probably won't vote and the song is gonna get 11 points anyways before penalties. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
18) Sara Jo - >_< Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
19) Black Honey - Oh dear Lorna these songs in the semis are real misses for me. Oh my the chorus was a mess. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
20) Lauren Aquilina - yhroiiiikvfdsajuNJPS:HHpufiperirepfhpefhuerf;kfjFlcafsudipicjosaiscfjdsjf;'cIJ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] oh sorry wtf i fell asleep on my keyboard. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
21) Che'Nelle - I wish she was more mainstream because she's really got a good voice and I feel like she can do a variety of things. Prediction: QUALIFIER
22) The Driver Era - Another TSC favorite that won't do well with me but will make it through with flying colors anyways. GIRL IN A BATHTUB! Prediction: QUALIFIER
23) Panic! At The Disco - I saw them in concert recently and it was a good show. I like the song. I'm surprised it did so well in TSC. Prediction: QUALIFIER
24) JoJo - This kind of goes off a bit but I feel like JoJo is always super hit or miss with me and idk I just never loved her. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
25) Faouzia - The fact that this won the first time is questionable, apparently having a flower crown in a video is a sure sign of a winner. CC: Mimoza. Prediction: QUALIFIER
26) Carpark North - I remember not hating this the first time lol. This isn't something I should like on paper, but I'm fine with it. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
27) Ida Maria - ok the other Eurovision reject was a bop, this was just very wild. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
28) Mikolas Josef - Bleh Felix just loves this because he wants Mikolas to fuck him. I mean it's ALRIGHT but it's not really a standout in this for me. Prediction: QUALIFIER
1912 days 14 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) Mimoza - For some reason this song is a total blur for me? I literally don’t remember this winning whatsoever, it probably beat something much better in 2nd and I got pissed about it which explains my relative lack of interest towards this.
02) Ava Max - This song definitely blew up huh. It’s definitely a late bloomer for me and I actually like it a decent amount even if originally I was all “meh” on it. It’s a good bop yeah.
03) Demi Lovato - I’m gonna take a wild guess on this one and say that she doesn’t go back and listen to this song of hers much these days.
04) Jenifer
05) The Faim - This was the contest I hosted so I have a sweet spot for me considering I wanted Bibbles to win it so bad and she was for a large portion of the week :( I love this song by itself though. It bops.
06) K/DA - A certified BOP. I don’t know, to this day, how this didn’t win and I’m kinda insulted it didn’t. This should be it’s redemption.
07) Sultan + Shepard - Yeah I don’t remember this one but it’s nice! She’s got a good voice and the beat is fun too. Good pop song.
08) CupcakKe - This is going to get a disgustingly high amount of points and I’m legitimately worried for Bibbles and PrincessTeePee’s sakes if this ends up winning this whole thing.
09) Emeli Sande - This is very on brand for Emeli and it’s not necessarily a bad thing. I like her but this isn’t my favorite of hers i dont think.
10) Within Temptation - Yeah this did nothing for me back then and it still does nothing for me. Sorry Johnny, I wish i could say different but nah...
11) VIOLINA - This was pleasant back then, it’s still pleasant now. Not one of my favorites but it does it’s job.
12) R3HAB x THRDL!FE - I like R3hab but this is kinda basic even for them. It’s not bad but theres much better in terms of EDM in these two semis.
13) Frenship - the fact that this garbage still won TSC still fucking pisses me off. Please dear god let it die in the semis i hate this shit.
14) Grace Carter - I like this. I’ve heard this song somewhere before but I can’t seem to remember where exactly outside of this contest. Idk I like it.
15) Gabrielle - Ok this took me by surprise. I was ready to entirely write this off early on but then it picks up and it actually gets good. I’m not sure where it will rank.
16) Delia - I LOVE Delia so much omg had I been in this TSC she most certainly would have won but alas, I didn’t get the memo ;_; Yeah this song bops. I didn’t expect anything else from my mother.
17) Dua Lipa - Oh I thought this might qualify off of name alone but I was sorely mistaken.
18) Sara Jo - Wasn’t this in the same contest as Volcano? Or was it the contest after that. Either way l o l. This is quite aggressive though and doesn’t actually do much for me musically.
19) Black Honey - Really hitting a lull here huh. This wasn’t good, make it three in a row.
20) Lauren Aquilina - i legitimately fell asleep at the :35 seconds mark.
21) Che'Nelle - Che’Nelle is a queen. Pretty sure I gave this some good points during it’s original contest and it likely gets some here too.
22) The Driver Era - I’m so happy I get to give this the 20 points it deserves. This honestly should be mine and Patrick’s entry but I’m fine giving it a solid 40 points here.
23) Panic! At The Disco - God, I wish this wasn’t played all the fucking time on the radio and I could actually appreciate this song because it is good. I’m just kinda tired of it.
24) JoJo - This is kind of a cop-out but it still lowkey bops. I used to hate this song too but I’ve found it within me to like it so cuntgrats.
25) Faouzia - I hate this song and the fact that it won pisses me off. Faouzia or Frenship for most infuriating winner of 2018 personally.
26) Carpark North - This makes me feel the same thing as the first time: confusion. I like it and then the chorus hits and I don’t so I’m just not sure.
27) Ida Maria - Lmfao Norway’s national selection really was a complete gem. This slays and for all the wrong reasons. I’m afraid that Cupcakke will overshadow this but I hope it doesn’t.
28) Mikolas Josef - I LOVE IT, ME GUSTA. I can’t believe I chose Mikolas Josef over Saara Aalto I really just can’t do the whole “being gay” thing correctly can I?
1912 days 14 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Mimoza - Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.
02) Ava Max - Took a while for it to grow on me, but it did. Probably would have ended up on my year end list if I started compiling it a few weeks later.
03) Demi Lovato - Like the message, not too keen on the delivery.
04) Jenifer - Not available in the US. Thanks, Obama. k, found it. k, not a fan.
05) The Faim - Was hoping for half-alive from bibbs, but this is another pretty solid one. Really dig the chorus.
06) K/DA - Ranked. Might have slipped a little bit from me since my end of the season list, but still goes off.
07) Sultan + Shepard - Ranked. I'll readily admit that the vocal, both in terms of quality and style, is easily the best part of it. The production falls a little short, but definitely solid enough to bring this all together.
08) CupcakKe - Ranked. I can make your placement shoot up, like old.faith.ful.when.we.f-
09) Emeli Sande - She sounds gorgeous as usual. Like I said the first time, it's not her best, but it's Emeli fuckin' Sande.
10) Within Temptation - *aggressive whiteness intensifies*
11) VIOLINA - Ranked. Hot mess express, all aboard.
12) R3HAB x THRDL!FE - Ranked. One of my basic white girl dance song obsessions.
13) Frenship - I was hoping I'd come away with it thinking it was more than just pleasant to me this time, but alas, it's just pleasant to me.
14) Grace Carter - Ranked.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/994f75f2e5c6d33d3a7ebae996b671c2/tenor.gif?itemid=11777574
15) Gabrielle - Ranked. I love how this sounds like it could be anything from like a subtle ballad to a dark pop song, and then OTT morphs into a Norwegian rave.
16) Delia - Chorus is a yes. The rest feels a little style over substance.
17) Dua Lipa - Ranked. So purrrrrtttttttyyyyyyyy.
18) Sara Jo - Ranked. Very aggressive delivery, but I'm into it.
19) Black Honey - I was like "ooooh yas, Patrick going outside of the box with Midnight" and then remembered The Driver Era is here and Midnight flopped pretty hardcore. Cool vibe, but not really enough for me to sink my teeth into it.
20) Lauren Aquilina - Well, that took quite a while to build to something underwhelming.
21) Che'Nelle - Ranked. Sing it, baby.
22) The Driver Era - Ranked. Whoa, Felix gets to enter both Preacher Man and Me Gusta?
23) Panic! At The Disco - I feel like I can't get away from this song at this point. Regular TSC. Beta. Best of. Radio.
24) JoJo - Still not sold on the chorus, but it's fine otherwise.
25) Faouzia - Ranked. Short, sweet, gets to the point and doesn't overstay its welcome.
26) Carpark North - One of those songs that really isn't for me, but I can appreciate that it's well done for what it is.
27) Ida Maria - Never change, TGM.
28) Mikolas Josef - Ranked. I love it... me gusta?
1911 days 18 hours ago
Eoin
01) Mimoza
OG - TOOT - Very solid song, probably going to listen to this after the contest. Really liked this.
New - TOOT - I remember this song having a larger impact on my first listen, I still really like it though and I think it's great all round. Just a good song.

-

02) Ava Max
OG - TOOT - This song did nothing for me, however, it's not bad enough to boot so it gets a very low toot.
New - TOOT - So I went from neutral to this song then loving it to hating it to being neutral again. So yeah it's ok but it got a toot just bc ik rick is triggered rn.

-

03) Demi Lovato
OG - SHOOT - YOU GOT ME GAL :'( (I also was the one who suggested this when someone asked for a good Demi song in TSC chat so I'm taking credit for this)
New - TOOT - Okay a shoot is a little much, but yeah still fucking feels. Best Demi song in a long time.

-

04) Jenifer
OG - BOOT - Horribly dated, just a bad song, no reason why, but just nothing to love about it.
New - BOOT - I still hate everything about this song, like again it doesn't do anything in particular wrong, its just bad.

-

05) The Faim
OG - TOOT - Oh I really liked this, great vocals and just sounded like an anthem, good job.
New - TOOT - Yeah I still do like this a lot, but like the song says i think it falls apart in a slightly lackluster chorus, but thats me being extra picky bc i still quite liked it.

-

06) K/DA
OG - BOOT - NOPE.
New - BOOT - Yeah truly a massive mess, that I can't stand listening to. Just cringe.

-

07) Sultan + Shepard
OG - TOOT - DAMN! That was good, really good entry that showed off a fantastic voice with some modern production.
New - TOOT - Like I have listened to this a lot and the vocals always shake me to the core, its got a good mix and just fucking great.

-

08) CupcakKe
OG - BOOT - Not her best, sorrrrryyyyyyy
New - BOOT - Sorry I'm still not digging it!

-

09) Emeli Sande
OG - TOOT - Oh wow, just an amazing ballad from an amazing voice, sad she isn't as mainstream anymore, since she was the Adele of 2012, this song just proves why she should be the main star everyday.
New - TOOT - Yeah pretty damn beautiful, I do really like it and she really does do that.

-

10) Within Temptation
OG - TOOT - While not necessarily my style this song had life which a lot of songs did not have, good.
New - BOOT - Must have been a fucking terrible TSC because i hated this, just too intense for me sorry.

-

11) VIOLINA
OG - TOOT - Okay, violins win me over easily, i loved this lmao.
New - TOOT - LMAO, I forgot how much of a bop this was, its just so fun, just yes, yes, yes!!!

-

12) R3HAB x THRDL!FE
OG - BOOT - GENERIC!!!!!!!!
New - BOOT - Yeah sending this song was the wrong move, because it was bad for my ears!!!

-

13) Frenship
OG - TOOT - This was sweet and that's all i have got to say about it.
New - TOOT - It's very FIFA soundtrack, but yeah a song I can't fault and very easy listening.

-

14) Grace Carter
OG - TOOT - Not exactly groundbreaking, however this song did captivate me, something about it just was beautiful idk.
New - BOOT - Sorry, I just kept getting built for this big bridge or some life in the song and it just didn't come!

-

15) Gabrielle
OG - BOOT - Eh, I would shit all over this song if it was in English for being generic so i have to shit on it as this is FL week.
New - BOOT - I just didn't enjoy listening to this in any shape or form.

-

16) Delia
OG - TOOT - A really good ender, a nice song, interesting vocals and a catchy hook! Well done!
New - BOOT - I mean it wasn't a whole lot of anything, nothing bad or good I can say unfortunately just not too memorable!

-

17) Dua Lipa
OG - TOOT - As i said for Paloma, not great for Dua but above average here, good production on this one!
New - BOOT - A bizarre choice to even send for its OG TSC, never mind Best Of. A very average Dua Lipa album filler.

-

18) Sara Jo
OG - BOOT - Listening to this song felt like having lava in my ears.
New - BOOT - This was so fucking weird, like it was just hard to even listen to.

-

19) Black Honey
OG - TOOT - I liked this for some reason, the vocals were good and the song was at least...different so yeah solid entry.
New - BOOT - The only thing I'll cry for is how I don't like this song and it hurts my ears!

-

20) Lauren Aquilina
OG - I was in Africa...
New - BOOT - I honest to God got so tired listening to this song, a real bore.

-

21) Che'Nelle
OG - BOOT - This song bored me, not bad, just boring.
New - TOOT - I actually liked this more this listen, some criminal vocals, not a fantabulous song but the vocals lifted it.

-

22) The Driver Era
OG - I was in Africa.
New - TOOT - Oh this was sexy, great vocals and an interesting song, just yes.

-

23) Panic! At The Disco
OG - TOOT - Super solid entry, I love the instrumental, the vocals, just find it hard to fault.
New - TOOT - I have listened to this a lot and am a bit sensitised but it's a killer pop song!

-

24) JoJo
OG - TOOT - MOM, so generic but c'mon it's Jojo, so this is gonna scrape low points for me based on the name :)
New - BOOT - Yeah I let it pass last time, but its best of so it's a no here sorry hun.

-

25) Faouzia
OG - TOOT - This was good, again lost me a bit in the chorus but quite good, I enjoyed listening to this.
New - TOOT - I grew to love this a lot after TSC and listened to it a lot, a fucking great song.

-

26) Carpark North
OG - BOOT - If this song even gets 32 points it'll be lucky, terribly boring rock.
New - BOOT - Yeah it's very weak, I don't understand how it performed as well as it did originally but gg i guess.

-

27) Ida Maria
OG - TOOT - LOL, pretty bad, however it's kind of a bop, kinda so bad it's good.
New - BOOT - I was right, this is pretty bad. i was wrong when I said it was a bop though.

-

28) Mikolas Josef
OG - Fuck me...I mean TOOT - Yeah umm, pretty solid song, nice voice, could have went off a little more but yeah good.
New - TOOT - Fucking bop and a half, I adore this song. In fact it's my favourite song ever by a Czech Republican and yes I really mean that!!!!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!