This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2018 - Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2018 - Semi-Final..

1912 days 12 hours ago
ricktworick1
The points go like this

But not only that but you need to send in who came in 13th, 14th, and 15th in case people get disqualified. You CANNOT vote for your own entry.

If you are not participating in this semi-final as a contestant, you are not allowed to vote.

If you do not vote, your song will be disqualified. If you do not comment, you will lose your top 3 votes.

13 entries will qualify from each Semi-Final.

You have until Monday, 4th February at 8 PM BST/3 PM EST to send your votes and comments.

The results announcement on who goes through from semi finals will be at 9 PM BST/4 PM EST on the same day.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
Tonight's Running Order

01) BANNERS
02) Anna Leone
03) Kiiara
04) FAUN
05) BELLSAINT
06) Dean Lewis
07) Ray Dalton
08) Delta Goodrem
09) Felicity
10) La'Porsha Renae
11) Allie X
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy.
13) Tom Grennan
14) Paul Rey
15) VINAI
16) Lorenzo Fragola
17) MNEK
18) Renaida
19) Bishop Briggs
20) Michl
21) Sunmi
22) Muddy Magnolias
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue
25) Chloe x Halle
26) Kim Petras
27) Sigrid Bernson
28) Yves (LOONA)
29) Saint PHNX
1912 days 5 hours ago
CharlieBibi
damn a surprisingly low amount of songs I care for
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
01) BANNERS - 'Someone To You'

"Someone To You" by BANNERS was entered by PrincessTeePee in TSC316, and it finished 2nd with 141 points.

02) Anna Leone - 'If You Only'

"If You Only" by Anna Leone was entered by Josh742 in TSC307, and it finished 3rd with 81 points.

03) Kiiara - 'Messy'

"Messy" by Kiiara was entered by Arris in TSC311, and it finished 9th with 72 points.

04) FAUN - 'Federkleid'

"Federkleid" by FAUN was entered by AlanDuncan in TSC314, and it finished 4th with 114 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
05) BELLSAINT - 'Bang Bang (Remember My Name)'

"Bang Bang (Remember My Name)" by BELLSAINT was entered in TSC316 by catch_a_falling_star, and it finished 1st with 152 points.

06) Dean Lewis - 'Lose My Mind'

"Lose My Mind" by Dean Lewis was entered by IceBeast in TSC307, and it finished 2nd with 84 points.

07) Ray Dalton - 'If You Fall'

"If You Fall" by Ray Dalton was entered by ryan5676 in TSC316, and it finished 5th with 91 points.

08) Delta Goodrem - 'Welcome to Earth'

"Welcome to Earth" by Delta Goodrem was entered by adeleadele in TSC306, and it finished 2nd with 97 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
09) Felicity - 'Pilot With A Fear Of Heights'

"Pilot With A Fear Of Heights" by Felicity was entered by Amanyaman in TSC315, and it finished 1st with 183 points.

10) La'Porsha Renae - 'Good Woman'

"Good Woman" by La'Porsha Renae was entered in TSC319 by DrG2, and it finished 9th with 70 points.

11) Allie X - 'Casanova (feat. VERITE)'

"Casanova" by Allie X featuring VERITE was entered by Insanity in TSC308, and it finished 1st with 128 points.

12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - 'CRAZYLAND'

"CRAZYLAND" by Not.Your.Regular.Boy. was entered by LornaHollas in TSC315, and it finished 13th with 61 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
13) Tom Grennan - 'Sober'

"Sober" by Tom Grennan was entered by Fritzyyyyy in TSC302, and it finished 5th with 89 points.

14) Paul Rey - 'What Good Is Love'

"What Good Is Love" by Paul Rey was entered by Patrick319 in TSC304, and it finished 7th with 78 points.

15) VINAI - 'Parade'

"Parade" by VINAI was entered by CharlieBibi in TSC313, and it finished 2nd with 118 points.

16) Lorenzo Fragola - 'D'improvviso'

"D'improvviso" by Lorenzo Fragola was entered by DallasAndrew in TSC318, and it finished 3rd with 95 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
17) MNEK - 'Tongue'

"Tongue" by MNEK was sent by QueenMichelle in TSC301, and it finished 1st with 104 points.

18) Renaida - 'All The Feels'

"All The Feels" by Renaida was entered by TolisKalkas in TSC302, and it finished 11th with 61 points.

19) Bishop Briggs - 'White Flag'

"White Flag" by Bishop Briggs was entered by ricktworick1 in TSC312, and it finished 1st with 115 points.

20) Michl - 'Kill Our Way To Heaven'

"Kill Our Way To Heaven" by Michl was entered by UnicornChicken in TSC306, and it finished 16th with 52 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
21) Sunmi - 'Heroine'

"Heroine" by Sunmi was entered by rodrigueseve in TSC302, and it finished 4th with 95 points.

22) Muddy Magnolias - 'Devil's Teeth'

"Devil's Teeth" by Muddy Magnolias was entered by Alexeh23 in TSC313, and it finished 1st with 147 points.

23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - 'My Way'

"My Way" by One Bit & Noah Cyrus was entered by onemanarmy in TSC317, and it finished 1st with 119 points.

24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - 'Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie'

"Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie" by Arlissa & Jonas Blue was entered by Krrais in TSC302, and it finished 1st with 141 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
25) Chloe x Halle - 'The Kids Are Alright'

"The Kids Are Alright" by Chloe x Halle was sent by Eoin in TSC306, and it finished 6th with 80 points.

26) Kim Petras - 'Heart to Break'

"Heart To Break" by Kim Petras was entered by DanielKennedy111 in TSC312, and it finished 3rd with 101 points.

27) Sigrid Bernson - 'Patrick Swayze'

Alt 1:

Alt 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCFL6UdPTE

"Patrick Swayze" by Sigrid Bernson was entered by TheGoodMan in TSC304, and it finished 10th with 57 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
28) Yves (LOONA) - 'New'

"New" by Yves from LOONA was entered by Tepr in TSC314, and it finished 3rd with 116 points.

29) Saint PHNX - 'Magic'

"Magic" by Saint PHNX was entered by bibbles in TSC306, and it finished 1st with 109 points.
1912 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
All 29 songs have now been posted.

You have until Monday, 4th February at 8 PM BST/3 PM EST to send your votes and comments.

The results announcement on who goes through from semi finals will be at 9 PM BST/4 PM EST on the same day.

REMEMBER ABOUT INCLUDING THE 13TH, 14TH AND 15TH PLACES IN CASE OF DQ'S.
1912 days 3 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
What a bloodbath.

01) BANNERS - Definitely liking this more than I did originally. Naturally, it has my toes tapping, but I felt a little more invested than last time in the other elements of the track.
02) Anna Leone - Really vibe to this when it picks up, but it hits some serious lulls for me.
03) Kiiara - M m m MEHssy.
04) FAUN - I remember being SHOCKED when this did well in 314, but I thiiiiink I understand the appeal now. It's just not for me, whatsoever.
05) BELLSAINT - Ranked. Dark and ~classy~ instrumentation.
06) Dean Lewis - Pleasant as fuck, but nothing that I've come back to.
07) Ray Dalton - Ranked. Solid lil dance track with a nice soulful vocal.
08) Delta Goodrem - She can SANG. That said, as a whole, I'm still not really sold on it.
09) Felicity - Ranked. That chorus? Maybe she's born with it... maybe she SNAPPED.
10) La'Porsha Renae - Again, it's very clear that she's got a fabulous voice, but it feels pretty forced.
11) Allie X - Ranked. There are still times where I haven't heard the song in a hot minute that I randomly just start thinking about this chorus.
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - I'm afraid this might be the only one thus far that I have nothing positive to say about it.
13) Tom Grennan - Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.
14) Paul Rey - Ranked. Ended up finishing 10th on my year end list, and if I continued ranking and averaging things out for more time before releasing the list, it could have definitely snuck into the top 5. Flattering that Patrick entered this entirely for me! Wow!
15) VINAI - Ranked. The drop still catches me off guard despite the fact that I've heard this a decent amount. I wish it wasn't so startling, because I'm super into the rest of it.
16) Lorenzo Fragola - Skipped this TSC, so this is new to me (I think?). Something I have to be in the mood for -- afraid now isn't that time.
17) MNEK - Ranked. You know this is my SONG.
18) Renaida - Ranked. I have a weird relationship with Melfest/NF songs that I immediately overplay, as they tend to slip down my rankings. It's still a bawp, though.
19) Bishop Briggs - Ranked. Stream "Church of Scars" on any streaming service. I'm not picky.
20) Michl - Think the vocal took about halfway through the entry for me to get used to on first listen. The same goes for this time. Think this would have done well for me had it been on rotation.
21) Sunmi - Ranked. The CORRECT Sunmi entry and I won't listen to differing opinions on that.
22) Muddy Magnolias - Ranked. There were times during my ranking that this completely passed right by me without making an impact, so it's definitely something I have to be in the mood for.
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - Ranked. I have absofuckinlutely no idea who is going to win this, but I see this as a dark horse (despite it already being a winner).
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Ranked. Production is just FINE, but Arlissa gives this everything she's got.
25) Chloe x Halle - Ranked. Not my favorite Chloe x Halle entry of this TSC season, but it's still an absolute beaut.
26) Kim Petras - I think I need my Badge of Homosexuality revoked, because I'm still not that into this. :X
27) Sigrid Bernson - No. <3
28) Yves (LOONA) - I liked when the production felt subtle in the verses. Unsure about how I feel about the chorus. It's iight.
29) Saint PHNX - Ranked. Go off a bit, bibbs.
1912 days 3 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) BANNERS - This is fine for what it is but what it is isn’t something I particularly enjoy. I think I vaguely remember this and I highly doubt I gave it any points so yeah. Sorry TP.
02) Anna Leone - lmao @ this getting the death slot and it’s an entire snooze. The worst part is i tricked myself into thinking it was going somewhere, how foolish of me.
03) Kiiara - I really cannot even act like I give a shit about anything Kiiara has ever done and this is no different.
04) FAUN - what in the name of fuck is this.
05) BELLSAINT - oh yeah this is the first song I remember of this contest and it’s because it’s actually really great. It didn’t make my year-end list but it’s still a really REALLY pleasant listen.
06) Dean Lewis - yeah I don’t know i’m mostly unbothered by this although it’s still kinda vaguely pleasant.
07) Ray Dalton - OH RIGHT THAT’S THAT SONG! I like this I think. Not gonna contend with any of my favorites of this list but it should squeeze in some points.
08) Delta Goodrem - It’s Delta so obviously it’s not horrible but I wasn’t like shaken to my very core by this. It was good though.
09) Felicity - I think this is the obvious front-runner here but I get it. It’s a really solid song with a fun catchy beat and that’s really all there is to say ‘bout that.
10) La'Porsha Renae - I really wasn’t expecting much from this but it was actually pretty solid? How did it only get 9th what the hell?
11) Allie X - Yeah I actually like this and I didn’t think I would but I can’t deny it. Probably a safe qualifier and likely Top 10 in the final.
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - no hunny no i dont think so.
13) Tom Grennan - This man is quite comfortable with his whiteness isn’t he? Idk this wasn’t horrible but I’ve heard much better in this genre so it doesn’t do a whole lot for me.
14) Paul Rey - I like the progression in this a lot. Idk how it only got 7th? This is actually really solid imo. Then again, I always love Patrick’s entries so what’s new.
15) VINAI - A much needed boost of energy to this contest imo but then again, I’m biased. This felt like a caffeine rush compared to everything else.
16) Lorenzo Fragola - LMFAO @ PUTTING THIS BORING SHIT AFTER VINAI.
17) MNEK - I was so ready to write this off during the verses but that chorus is so weird and it actually kinda works. I’m gonna have to listen to this again.
18) Renaida - This ranked on my top 50 list of 2018 so yeah it’s getting points. How many? Not sure yet, probably a lot. Absolutely an underrated bop of the year.
19) Bishop Briggs - I was a huge fan of this at first and while it’s still a good song, it definitely grew old for me. I still have to respect it though. Really good song.
20) Michl - what the fuck @ scenes from Mother in the video of this. Idk i wasnt expecting much and I didn’t get much.
21) Sunmi - One of the few good K-pop releases of the year. I like it but I don’t think its like amazing by any means.
22) Muddy Magnolias - Oh yeah, definitely remember this. It’s really good and it definitely deserved it’s win. God this goes even harder than I remembered.
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - Ugh yes this goes so fucking hard. There isn’t a single thing I dislike about this song and I’m not getting tired of it anytime soon. It still feels fresh and anyways, you all already know it’s getting 40 points for me so now I’m just gonna cross my fingers that it gets a deservedly high placing in the finals.
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - If this is what Saara Aalto is about to produce with Jonas Blue i’m fucking excited holy shit. This is really good.
25) Chloe x Halle - Didn’t care for it back then, still don’t. I actually dislike this fairly strongly.
26) Kim Petras - I didn’t HAVE to listen to it but I definitely wanted to. 2018 was definitely Kim Petras’ year and I think winning best of is only fitting for her. That said, TSC has very questionable taste and I’m not even gonna hold out the slightest bit of hope for it.
27) Sigrid Bernson - this was not worth the trouble of finding three fucking videos of equally mediocre qualities.
28) Yves (LOONA) - STAN LOONA!
29) Saint PHNX - Sorry Bibbles, I really wish I was into this :(
1912 days 3 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) BANNERS - I feel like this was in a movie or something because I vaguely remember the melody of this from something. Overall its alright. Prediction: QUALIFIER
02) Anna Leone - How on earth did this finish third? This goes entirely nowhere. It's very BLEH. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
03) Kiiara - She was the opener of a Chainsmokers concert I went to. I'm sorry but I really am not a fan of her. This song is just very bleh for me. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
04) FAUN - How in the name of fuck did this song place Top 5? I love The Corrs! Honestly I was really expecting this to pick up but how in the world... Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
05) BELLSAINT - I mean this is definitely a quality entry. It's not the sort of thing that I will give high points to because its not bubblegum pop enough but you know. Prediction: QUALIFIER
06) Dean Lewis - There really is just a lot of middle of the road nonsense to sift through in this contest because that's the stuff that usually does well, huh? Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
07) Ray Dalton - I mean I kind of like this but it's going to be easily forgettable by the end of this contest. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
08) Delta Goodrem - Ok ok ok, I completely stan Delta and wish she would do Eurovision for Australia, but this just isn't the same caliber as Wings and The River and some of her other songs for me. I still love her. Prediction: QUALIFIER
09) Felicity - Holy mama that placed 1st with a lot of points last time. This is very very typical TSC I feel like, in the regard that I understand why it does well but it wont for me. Prediction: QUALIFIER
10) La'Porsha Renae - Was she on American Idol or The Voice or something? She's got a great voice. That being said, I won't remember this song at all. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
11) Allie X - Ugh all of this nonsense just blends together. All of the winners, are unsurprisingly, boring. Prediction: QUALIFIER
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - Somehow...I don't hate it...but it's also forgettable. There's no way in hell that this qualifies. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
13) Tom Grennan - *aggressive whiteness intensifies* Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
14) Paul Rey - Patrick you had way better options I'm sure so I'm really questioning why you submitted this. You must really enjoy this. I however, did not. Prediction: QUALIFIER
15) VINAI - *eye roll* Lucky for Felix this at least stands out a little bit because everything else has been so blended white nonsense so far. Prediction: QUALIFIER
16) Lorenzo Fragola - Did this come from the same contest as that Irish nonsense?!? What drug were people on when that got 4th and this got 3rd? Are yall ok? Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
17) MNEK - I have hated MNEK from the second he did a song with Zara Larsson. Honestly what the actual hell is going on in this contest I DIDNT HATE THIS... Prediction: QUALIFIER
18) Renaida - Yeah ok this was very forgettable I'm sorry. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
19) Bishop Briggs - I feel like this is one of those "indie" artists that the gays really like and its another one I don't get. She's ok. I appreciate that she has my last name in her name. Prediction: QUALIFIER
20) Michl - I am very bothered by all of this. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
21) Sunmi - God bless the fact that at least this was different from all the other K-pop garbage that is normally entered. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
22) Muddy Magnolias - Why does every winner of TSC sound exactly the same to me...I really don't get it. I think this was the best of them though. Prediction: QUALIFIER
23) One Bit, Noah Cyrus - The amount of times I've had to hear this song because of Felix is truly nauseating. I do like it though, just nowhere near the level he likes this. Prediction: QUALIFIER
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - I like Jonas Blue, I felt like I was going to like this more than I actually did in the end. It just kind of existed. Prediction: QUALIFIER
25) Chloe x Halle - FUNNY YOURE THE BROKEN ONE BUT IM THE ONLY ONE WHO NEEDED SAVING I love Stay by Rihanna. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
26) Kim Petras - *gays screaming* Prediction: QUALIFIER
27) Sigrid Bernson - why none of the links work :| lmao this is such a bop I'm cackling this is so good why did you all do this so dirty?? Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
28) Yves (LOONA) - so this is the bitch that I always see people talking about? No. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
29) Saint PHNX - How in the world did Bibbles actually win :O needless to say that this is definitely not my thing because its not one of her over the top heavy metal submissions. Prediction: NON-QUALIFIER
1912 days 3 hours ago
ricktworick1
CLARIFICATION: You can vote in this semi even if you do not have a song in it, but you must have both comments and votes done.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!