This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2018 - Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2018 - Semi-Final..

1919 days 3 hours ago
ryan5676
01) BANNERS – This has got a good beat and I very much like the tune and the voice he is brining to it with it being so upbeat.
02) Anna Leone – Well what can I say is that it is so slow and boring to listen to and it just drags on and I prefer to skip it then listen again.
03) Kiiara – The music is a big no no with it not sitting right with my ears and her voice is good, but I don’t like the way she is going with it.
04) FAUN – Oh I love these instrumentals that makes me feel like I am transported into a mystical country and their voices are amazing together and I just want more of this.
05) BELLSAINT – Her voice is the real gem of this song and is so adoring with the power and the music gives it a big impact and between you and me this song gets better every listen.
06) Dean Lewis – He got a good voice and is not bad after hearing it a bunch of times and now the song doesn’t feel that engaging and is such a lackluster.
07) Ray Dalton – Now this is a banger of an entry with the music making me want to dance along to the beat and that voice is golden and is incredible to hear again.
08) Delta Goodrem – I get it she has a good voice but I couldn’t hear it in this song that clearly doesn’t have it with her shouting more and the music gets old fast.
09) Felicity – Okay I am shook by what I am hearing right now and that is she stands out from that oozing voice and the song is one hell of an awesome beat that I would happily be jamming along to.
10) La'Porsha Renae – She is the power queen by those vocals but I won’t say the same to the song sounding very old fashioned and would get old fairly quickly.
11) Allie X – This is unique and sadly it is something I’m just not into being to jointy from the beat and I can’t stand those vocals which don’t work well here.
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. – Well there is a positive in the beat being enjoyable and even though his voice need some work it is still salvageable.
13) Tom Grennan – Those vocals are just not my type and the song doesn’t do it justice from this listen and I just really don’t like it in the end.
14) Paul Rey – The music is the real star of the song making me want to tap my foot along and his voice is nice enough to hear and should be proud.
15) VINAI – Girl give me those vocals more because you are outstanding but the music is sadly on a whole new level of bad with that beat drop hurting my ears and downgrades the song.
16) Lorenzo Fragola – Now this is a perfect example of what you call a borefest with it not going anywhere and the vocals are at a standstill and makes me want to fall asleep.
17) MNEK – He is soooo talented in his vocals being the star of the song and it is so memorable with the chorus and the beat being great.
18) Renaida – I don’t like her vocals in this song that doesn’t shine enough with her energy that is lacking and it is just a typical pop song that I would skip.
19) Bishop Briggs – Yes this is what I wanted to hear with her stealing every scene in the song and those vocals are fricking amazing and is one of my favs.
20) Michl – Dam the music is a total let down and makes me want to stop listening to it and his voice is no better being depressing as hell.
21) Sunmi – This is excellent in the way the beat keeps me interested and locked into the song and I just want to dance along to it.
22) Muddy Magnolias – There are so many different music’s involved and it shows feeling like different songs and it gets annoying very fast in the end.
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus – The chorus is so goddam catchy and I can’t get it out of my head and is making me love it every second it is on and I’m not complaining.
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue – This girl’s vocals are on fire and are outstanding but the music during the chorus made it below her standard and I’m angry for that.
25) Chloe x Halle – I get it they have good harmony but there is nothing else there when listening to it with the music being mediocre at best and drives me insane.
26) Kim Petras – The music gets on my nerves quickly being there in my face and the singer is good at some parts and then she starts screaming like WTF.
27) Sigrid Bernson – This sounds cheap and the lyrics aren’t helping it and it is not enjoyable in the slightest but more like torture with  how I want it to stop.
28) Yves (LOONA) – Yeah I’m not so into this one with the voice over being annoying and it’s just very forgettable and isn’t worthy of another listen.
29) Saint PHNX – The start was electrifying being up there but then the chorus came and it downgraded to a typical song and it could have been so unique.
1919 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
CLARIFICATION: You have until TUESDAY, 5th February at 8 PM BST/3 PM EST to send your votes and comments. Sorry for the confusion.
1918 days 20 hours ago
adeleadele
01) BANNERS- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- Its pretty good overall it belongs into a best of contest, nice entry!

Original Comment (TSC 316)- Same with #4 it was pleasent but forgettable. But like this better cuz it's more happy

Change- Rating Improved.

02) Anna Leone

New Comment- Also quite good, but its missing something it needs to have more of a punch.

Old Comment- Did Not Vote

03) Kiiara- Originally Gave 5 Points

New Comment- Hmm questionable lyrics and its quite weak, not sure it belongs in a "THE BEST OF" Contest. Meh.

Old Comment- Questionable choices in lyrics, but it's a nice bop, a good closer :)

Change- Rating Decreased.

04) FAUN- Originally Gave 12 Points

New Comment- Oooh love these folk ethnic vibes! I don't like the German language same with dutch, but overall this is unique and a good entry!

Old Comment- Omg loved the instrumental at the start! Was not sure if i would like this cuz it's in german and it's one of my least fav languages along with Dutch, but for some reason it's still beautiful and the German fits in this kind of song, LOVE!

Change- Rating Decreased.

05) BELLSAINT- Originally Gave 4 Points

New Comment- I have bad memory so a lot of entries i loved and never went back too were prob forgotten (faun) and this one i remembered i still love this! So much power

Old Comment- Wow that chorus so powerful im shooketh, A nice power ballad, enjoyed it very much :)

Change- Rating Increased

06) Dean Lewis

New Comment- Gives me the same vibes of the 1st song, i prob liked the 1st song better but this is still overall a good track!

Old Comment- Did Not Vote

07) Ray Dalton- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- Idk how this got 5th lol, to me its quite generic and boring and the drop is also basic. Just meh.

Old Comment- Lyrics are cringy so basic lol! Then the beat kicks in and it sounds so cheap. It's a no

Change- Rating Increased

08) Delta Goodrem

https://media.giphy.com/media/GL7DiMaLaezvy/giphy.gif

Old Comment- This song was really nice, a great beat and strong vocalist! Sounds Very euroviziony

09) Felicity- Originally Gave 6 Points

New Comment- Was wondering where it would go, then that chorus BOP BOP BOP! Really nice song, but the verses are weaker than the chorus

Old Comment- Ok this contest is not that bad tbh, i will prob have enough songs to give points too, another nice song, love her voice!

Change- Rating Increased

10) La'Porsha Renae- Originally Gave 7 Points

New Comment- Those vocals are amazing <3 The song has a very familiar sound but those vocals really carry the song (which is still good) Good entry <3

Old Comment- Amazing vocals, she seems familiar idk from where though, really like though!

Change- Rating Decreased

11) Allie X

New Comment- "Casanova fuck me over", k sis LOL! Don't know how this won to me its quite generic, its not like bad though.

Old Comment- Did Not Participate

12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy.- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- The first song that screams out non qualifier, those vocals are bad and the song is boring af. not good.

Old Comment- A bit too alternative for me, don't like the vocals, and it's boring. Mess

Change- Rating Decreased

13) Tom Grennan- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- This sounds like a basic TSC winner so shocked it only got 5th, its alright but not doing it for me.

Old Comment- The vocals turned me off right from the start. And like when i was listening to it it just flew past me, i did not even notice their was a chorus that's how out of it i was with this song. BYE

Change- Rating Increased
1918 days 20 hours ago
adeleadele
14) Paul Rey- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- Its a decent entry! Nothing special, but i can respect this.

Old Comment- Was really bored tbh.

Change- Rating Increased

15) VINAI- Originally Gave 8 Points

New Comment- It was good but the drop was questionable idk it does not really fit into the song. Its not bad but a bit messy, decent entry though

Old Comment- Ok was hooked at the start and the drop was lowkey addicting idk why lol :P Great song!

Change- Rating Decreased

16) Lorenzo Fragola- Originally Gave 3 Points

New Comment- ESCT, TSC, TSC BEST OF LOL! I still enjoy this song, although getting bored of it.

Old Comment- This was in ESCT prob a year or 2 ago lol! I don't mind this one tbh it's nice

Change- Rating stayed the same

17) MNEK- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- Probably the worst winner this TSC season, just wtf at the chorus, the verses are completely fine but that chorus... not good at all, just watch it win though.

Old Comment- Yeah was not too fond of his vocals and then the chorus was like wtf. i like wtf songs but this one was like boring wtf. Not too good :/

Change- Rating Decreased

18) Renaida- Originally Gave 7 Points

New Comment- Same with #16 its good, but i'm getting bored of the song being everywhere. I still enjoy listening to it though its a bop!

Old Comment- Going on a rant but is Melodifestivalen the only national selection people have listened too? Cuz their was A LOT of national selections that had better songs than melo songs. I will prob send 1 or 2 nf rejects down the line, but not from melo lol. That rant was useless cuz this was one of the stronger songs from the selection LOL, it's really a bop and the drop is really nice, really great tbh.

Change- Rating Decreased

19) Bishop Briggs- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- Dead at that cringy af thumbnail. I can tell it has quality, but i'm not interested it does not catch my attention, its good technically, but for me im not too interested

Old Comment- This would be a roll my eyes winner for me if this wins, it's too basic, like it has a lot of power in it, but something about it im not liking much.

Change- Rating Increased

20) Michl- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- Based on the placement it got this has no chance. Its not bad, but just quite boring.

Old Comment- Me at the last 2 songs having basically the same thumbnail with 2 people kissing. This song was not serving anything special. was kind of bland.

Change- Rating Decreased

21) Sunmi- Originally Gave 8 Points

New Comment- Very nice bop! Missed my TSC K-Pop! I really really enjoyed this and those vocals <3

Old Comment- YAS K-POP! K listening to the song.......This build is everything btw and the drop delivered well! It sounds something that could hit the charts if it was sung by a american singer with english lyrics, just a really wonderful track, will add this to my playlist :)

Change- Rating Decreased

22) Muddy Magnolias- Originally Gave 2 Points

New Comment- Won by 147 points? A bit overrated, but its still good overall a nice little bop with some soul and country!

Old Comment- Pretty catchy! Like the retro feel too! Got a bit bored with it though

Change- Rating Increased

23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus- Originally Gave 3 Points

New Comment- Its quite ok, but its too generic.

Old Comment- I never liked Noah Cyrys, but this was not that bad tbh, could snatch some lower points from me

Change- Rating Decreased

24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue- Originally Gave 4 Points

New Comment- A nice song! Does not bring too much to the table, but its a calm upbeat song which is rare, good song!

Old Comment- Nothing that special, but i enjoyed listening to it, the drop was cute too!

Change- Rating Decreased

25) Chloe x Halle- Originally Gave 4 Points

New Comment- Not bad but just very standard, great vocals but boring.

Old Comment- The production was very non 2018 like it sounded 2040 futureistic. It was nothing that special but it was good!

Change- Rating Decreased

26) Kim Petras- Originally Gave 8 Points

New Comment- Very hyped artist in TSC! Its a bop honestly, not a GREAT bop but just GOOD, shes had better songs from what i can remember

Old Comment- She's iconic :0 Im also really liking this song. Love the vocals and the song is simple but such a bop!

Change- Rating Decreased

27) Sigrid Bernson- Originally Gave 8 Points

New Comment- "Clicks Alt 2" Ok honestly this is a bop, ik the lyrics are cringy but this is a bop idc.

Old Comment- Lyrics are kind of silly, and it's basic, but like my kind of basic to where i really enjoy it lol! Was prob in my top 5 of melo this year

Change- Rating stayed the same

28) Yves (LOONA)- Originally Gave 8 Points

New Comment- I prefer the other K-Pop entry in this edition, but this song is still pretty good! I think the chorus just needs to be more powerful to really make an impact

Old Comment- Most K-Pop acts we get are groups so nice to see a solo singer! It was a pretty pleasent listen i bopped to it and never got bored.

Change- Rating Decreased

29) Saint PHNX- Originally Gave 0 Points

New Comment- The song that got Bibbles her first win in a lonng time! Not really my taste, but i can still tell it has quality, pretty good!

Old Comment- It's a bit bland tbh, i was quite bored

Change- Rating Increased
1918 days 18 hours ago
Insanity
1. Banners - This song is so white lmao. It just seems very typical and predictable. Not digging it.
2. Anna Leone - Beautiful voice. It truly elevates what would be an otherwise boring song. I wish it went harder in the chorus.
3. Kiiara - I mean I’m starting this contest past 10:30PM on a Sunday night, and this song honestly makes me want to go back to sleep.
4. FAUN - I will never get into this. Sorry.
5. BELLSAINT - I remember liking this when it was submitted. Relistening to it now, I thought it would leave more of an impact, but it’s still a pleasant listen.
6. Dean Lewis - An underwhelming listen. Not really feeling anything from this.
7. Ray Dalton - I mean the beat is really nice. The overall song could be a little punchier, but it’s getting the job done I suppose. Not bad.
8. Delta Goodrem - I needed my soul to be cleansed after a really slow start to this contest. Thanks for that! <3
9. Felicity - I don’t even remember if I gave this one point when it won by a landslide lmao. I guess I can see why it won, I’m liking it more than I initially remember.
10. La’Porsha Renae - Not quite my cup of soup. Cup of tea. Cuppa bowla what.
11. Allie X - Y'all smell that? That's what TALENT smells like.
12. Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - Not.Your.Most.Iconic.Entry, Miss Hollas.
13. Tom Grennan - I think I might’ve been put off by the voice when I first heard this. The buildup is really good with this one. It’s really pleasant.
14. Paul Rey - Another pleasant entry with a great buildup. I was bopping to this entry slightly less than the last one though.
15. VINAI - God that drop really comes out of nowhere. Aside from that, I’m so on board with the rest of the package.
16. Lorenzo Fragola - I can understand the appeal, but simply not for me.
17. MNEK - Absolutely loved this when it won, and I’m still so here for it.
18. Renaida - I’m afraid this is gonna sound a little lackluster in a best of. It’s simply average for me.
19. Bishop Briggs - Bitch knows how to lay down a fucking TRACK. Slay me a bit queen.
20. Michl - Y’all are having sex on NEWSPAPERS?
21. Sunmi - She really hasn’t done any wrong since her breakup with the Wonder Girls. 2018 was such a good year for her and I’m so proud of her.
22. Muddy Magnolias - One of the more dark horse winners of the year. I still get my life when I listen to it, which is strange considering I feel like everything about it that normal turns me off has the opposite effect in this song… if that makes sense.
23. One Bit & Noah Cyrus - I still think Noah Cyrus is trash, but I can’t deny that this song is a certified bop.
24. Arlissa & Jonas Blue - I’m still upset Paloma lost to this song by one point, but I’m mostly over it. This song slaps.
25. Chloe x Halle - I never know if I like them or not. I think the general consensus is yes, I do. Although in a best of, I don’t think I will be able to rank this as high as I want to.
26. Kim Petras - I guess she’s a new gay icon or something? This song is cute, but that’s about it.
27. Sigrid Bernsson - Absolutely not.
28. Yves (LOONA) - One of the best LOONA solo releases. Go off bitch.
29. Saint PHNX - Congrats on your long overdue win bibbs. I don’t think this song will do well on my rankings though, there are so many powerhouses this contest.
1918 days 10 hours ago
Josh742
1)Banners- nice song but a Little too corny
2)Anna Leone- stiiiill l0ve this just as much as when 1 first heard iiit though I listen to iiit a Lot less often these days
3)Kiiara- o yeah I remember this!!!! I think I Liked it then and Like it now too though it is (forgettable)
4)FAUN- truly unlike anything else. like the overall sound though I don't care to hear it mdore than once
- [x] 5)BELLSAINT- wasn't part of Thiiis TSC. iiii can see why it won. very crisp-sounding
- [ ]
6)Dean Lewis- a Voice so em0tiii0nal + the steady knee patting beat + guitar strum + the ohohohs makes it sound very cowboy plain or  countryside steady!

7)Ray Dalton- The production is Futuriiiistiiicatchy and his Voice = musky/impressiiiive
8)Delta Goodrem- The Earth Day Song l. Such A Strong Voice amongst all the building commotion!!
9)Felicity- another winner Iiiive never heard. Very emotiiiionallly unsteady voice but That Confidence when the song expl0ded!!!!
10)La'Porsha Renae- Strong Voice but (lacking) something? Maybe lyrically weak or production not enough but I did not Love this back then Either
11)Allie X) not A Fan of these lyrics and really only like the Verite Part
12)notyourregularboy) love the scraTchy qualiTy to his voice and the melody :)
13)Tom Grennan- sounds liiiike he needs to cough up some Mucus
My bronchiiioles hurt a little
14)Paul Rey- mumbly/distorted In a Way that doesn't work for me ToDay
15)VINAI- upbeat but nothiiiing Special
16)Lorenzo Fragola- SadSimpleSweet didn't reallly Go Anywhere exciting
17)MNEK- futuristic fun but Lyrics R Lacking ()
18)Renaida- love the Voice/Production combo but lyrics are empty
19)Bishop Briggs- sO much anger + determInation. This has grown on me over time though I remember finding it monotonous  B4
20)MICHL- oh I remember this 1 love it soooo much very DrEaMY
21)SUNMI- her voice has a NiceBreathOfFreshAir qualiTy. Relaxing. Chorus kinda Cute but a LetDoOwn overall
22)Muddy Magnolias- HarM0niii0us Strong Contender going to do well I predict it's just So Nice
23)One Bit & Noah Cyrus- very Annoying. She needs 2 find Herself Like Miley did lol
24)Arlissa & Jonah Blue- I didn't get The Buzz b4 but not I Guess I kinda do. It was Not Bad
25)Chloe X Halle- love this 1, didn't appreciiiate it enough B4
26)Kim Petras- OK it's Annoying and Catchy
27)Sigrid Bernsson- nononononOoo Trisha's Leonardo DiCaprio tribute is much better executed all around this is just Cringe
28)LOONA- chorus gives me Chills everything just LINES Up right and clicks
29)Saint PHNX- I'm still Imagining Dragons. It's ok I can see maybe Why it won but not something I am wanting to hear again
1918 days 8 hours ago
onemanarmy
01) BANNERS - This isn't like OMG yes for me but I know I don't like 90% of the songs to come so this is very tolerable in comparison. Do I care if I never here it again? No

02) Anna Leone - Nothing I can straight up say is horrible about this but it just fails to entertain me in any way. It's tolerable as background noise but it's not a memorable song.

03) Kiiara - I like 9/10 female pop artists that do anything upbeat but this song is messy and Kiiara lacks talent in my opinion. This song gets annoying rather quickly and I simply hate it.

04) FAUN - The Style the production seems to go for here is fun but the singing fights fun with boredom and this fails as a whole for me. Ultimately it's a  boring as F%%k gimmicky mess.

05) BELLSAINT - Her voice is interesting but the production is a miss for me. It has potential but never quite comes together for me. It's simply nothing special.

06) Dean Lewis - This would be the most cohesive sound from this batch of 6 songs so far but the song lags and doesn't really pull me in enough for me to say I enjoyed it. Dean made his voice a real instrument on Waves and was changing it up showing various ranges making it memorable but this is too one note for me and just feels flat and uninspired.

07) Ray Dalton - I do like this song, his voice is growing more on me than it's initial first listen, it never made it's way onto my player thus not a overall favorite of mine but I do legit like it and it's the best song from the first 7.
1918 days 8 hours ago
onemanarmy
08) Delta Goodrem - Great singer but horrible song. Probably the only song of hers I simply despise.

09) Felicity - This one has good elements to it, good voice, not crazy about the chorus but overall the song is tolerable.

10) La'Porsha Renae - I'm bored. I would never buy this or choose to listen to it. It's not a painful listen , just not for me.

11) Allie X - I ranked this and have it on my player and can't say that about many other song on this list so….

12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - I enjoy this, think I ranked it but not sure, if not than it was like 76-80. Anyhow I like it and have it on my player.

13) Tom Grennan - The way he sings this is interesting but the production is so not my thing, it's just not pulling me in.
1918 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
14) Paul Rey - Don't think I was here for it's debut , feels like a grower, it's something I'd give another chance to but not sure if sold on it yet. It's very much my style.

15) VINAI - I tried to get into this, saw it get ranked by others but it's not pulling me in and sounds cheap to me.

16) Lorenzo Fragola - I'd like it more in English but it's still enjoyable just not gonna be my top pick.

17) MNEK - I'm just not a fan of his voice, I should like this, it's my style but his voice ruins it for me and I can't get into it. I know I don't love him. The chorus though stuck out more this go and overall not as bad as I remembered it being.

18) Renaida - It doesn't give me all the feels but her voice I enjoyable and it's overall not a bad song I'm just not 100% there with it.

19) Bishop Briggs - I like her and there is parts I really like but just not 100% feeling it and was shocked it won, chorus Is lacking for me.

20) Michl - Love the voice, wish there was a bit more to the production, very tolerable just not a must hear again track for me.

21) Sunmi - I wasn't here for it's debut, and for it's genre I like her voice and the song isn't bad but at the same time I don't feel like I missed out on anything.

22) Muddy Magnolias - It's decent but not really my thing, chorus grabs me though and makes it memorable.

23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - My winning song so duh of course I'm bopping.
1918 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Never understood the Jonas Blue hype, I have yet to feel anything with there material, girl can technically sing but nothing about this track does anything for me and I do not like it.

25) Chloe x Halle - I enjoyed there debut single but after that have yet to be inspired by their music. Good voices wasted on boring productions.

26) Kim Petras - Production is very 80's feel which I enjoy but her voice doesn't grab me and at parts very grating, If someone with a good voice sung this I could bop to it but alas it's this chick.

27) Sigrid Bernson - Very cheesy, lame lyrics, overall very childish and not in a fun way.

28) Yves (LOONA) - Production is alright and overall tolerable but not a bop.

29) Saint PHNX - I ranked it so obviously I dig it.
1918 days 3 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) BANNERS - It's a cute little song, I have nothing really to critique about this, it's pretty feel good, it's not my fav genre but I still enjoyed this.
02) Anna Leone - This was so pretty omg... I have recently been so into this genre of music so I'm living for this rn. Really cute.
03) Kiiara - I like Kiiara but this song is literally just annoying. I remember the week this song was sent and I didn't like it then & I still don't like it now soo.... I hate the effects on her voice mainly.
04) FAUN - Okay I'm living for this IMMEDIATELY. I love this type of like culture inspired music and this reminds me of Irish traditional music (even tho this isn't Irish). I like it a lot.
05) BELLSAINT - Hmm. I'm conflicted with this. I liked the build up and different elements e.g. the production but the chorus leaves something to be desired so I don't LOVE it. But it's nice.
06) Dean Lewis - I wanted to like this but I just genuinely didn't, I feel like theres soooo many songs like almost identical to this. Appreciate the lyrics but overall it's not for me unfortunately.
07) Ray Dalton - Wtf was I not here for this song? This is such a bop! His voice was literally enough for me to be in love w. this, not to mention how melodic this is. I love the verses.
08) Delta Goodrem - Okay first of all I love the message of this song. But in terms of the actual song, I only really enjoyed the chorus, and I'd feel weird giving this high points when there's parts I'm not so keen on. Overall it's good though.
09) Felicity - OMG I REMEMBER THIS & I REMEMBER BOPPING TO THIS CHORUS. Omg I'm so glad I got reminded of this bop. Like how can you go wrong with that abrupt chorus. Obviously I still enjoy this.
10) La'Porsha Renae - Ugh yes.... TASTE. I always stanned La'Porsha and idc what anyone says, this song really did snap for me. It's def not for everyone but I feel this song.
11) Allie X - Legendary song resurfaced. I'm still mad at myself for not sending this after all those weeks of binge listening to it. Ofc I stan this song and I like the addition of VERITE too.
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - Not to be shady but this is actually awful. Idk why I expected it to go somewhere and it definitely did go somewhere but the place is went was HORRIBLE. First major flop so far for me.
13) Tom Grennan - Fritz submitted so many good songs last year & this was chosen? Like it's not an awful song but I didn't specifically enjoy it either. I appreciate the vocals but thats about it.
14) Paul Rey - I don't have much to say bout this tbh, it's quite bland.... again he has a good voice but it's just not that good of a song.
15) VINAI - Oh my god thank god I needed a bop after those last few songs. I distinctly remember bopping my ass to this and I still am. The chorus is like so catchy & the fucking drop STILL gags me. UGHH YES.
16) Lorenzo Fragola - I actually really enjoyed this... I LOVE the Italian language and in songs it's just like YESSS. I don't even have to know the words to feel the emotion & I love when songs do that.
17) MNEK - This will always be a banger no matter how many times I listen to it. It still SNAPS and I'm glad I got my first (and only) win in 2018 from it LOL
18) Renaida - It's so unfortunate that the drop of this song is iconic because the rest of the song is literally god awful. I'm actually annoyed now!
19) Bishop Briggs - I feel like this song is hella overrated by some of ya'll. Sure it's an alright song but it's not winner material. I hate the 'give up the fight' bit or whatever she says. It's definitely not my type of song.
20) Michl - This is pretty cool.  I like the effects used around the chorus area, the verses are not like GREAT but I still enjoyed this song overall. It's unique.
21) Sunmi - I think I like this song more than I remember?! I love the 'hey yay yeah' part and the drop.. this is definitely a bop. Expect points sis!
22) Muddy Magnolias - I like the vibe of this tbh, I think I remember not liking this that much but I'll admit I do like elements of it, like I can see why it won. Not a fav but nice.
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - WHY CANT I WIN TSC EVERY DAY. jk, this song was is and will still be an absolute bop. This is another song that goes on the list of 'Replayed the shit out of that song and loved it yet never sent it to TSC'
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - wigs ain't gonna wigs ain't gonna flyyy (i had to.) Okay but forreal we all know that this song is ALSO a banger. tbh Arlissa is actually so underrated also go check out her covers girls.
25) Chloe x Halle - I actually didn't like this song to begin with but bitch when I say this song grew on me it fucking GREW! I love it now, and love these two also. I'm a bitch for this genre now also.
26) Kim Petras - One of 2018's gay anthems. I mean what can I say this song is the definition of what? A BOP! I dont even know what else to say but I fucking love it.
27) Sigrid Bernson - I remember hating this . I still do. Like how do ppl listen to this and enjoy it!? I was hoping the rest of the songs would be bops :(
28) Yves (LOONA) - Wtf I haven't heard this in such a fucking long time, and hearing it again for the first time is actually so nice. I forgot how good the chorus was.
29) Saint PHNX - I'm so glad Bibbles chose this, I really like this song! The chorus is so powerful and it's a great closer.
1917 days 23 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) BANNERS- This was cute not something I'd listen to on a daily basis but its a nice pop rock-ish song tho it really isnt much rock but it gives me that vibe
02) Anna Leone- This gave me some Lana Del Rey vibes I could totally see her singing this. I liked it, her voice fits it.
03) Kiiara- This had some annoying as shit sounds and the chorus has some very annoying repetitions too
04) FAUN- I love this type of music so yes I really like this
05) BELLSAINT- This has a very epic quality to it. i could see this in a 50 Shades movie and I really enjoy it. This is really best of uh?
06) Dean Lewis- Gonna be honest I found this quite bleh specially for Best Of I dont know theres just something kinda bland about this
07) Ray Dalton- This is quite generic and I love a good generic song but this isn't really it. I like the verses but the chorus im iffy about.
08) Delta Goodrem- Oh this is that song Rick made me re-write my comments for. Still don't feel it to this day. It kinda blows up but I still feel like its too plain and goes nowhere. My opinion remains.
09) Felicity- I'm oddly enjoying this. And I say oddly cuz that little accent she puts in the chorus should annoy me. I mean it does annoy me but I can pass on it. This builds up nicely for the first chorus and is consistent. I like this. She also has a great voice
10) La'Porsha Renae- Well this is what I call R&B. This is good for the genre and her voice is outstanding but this kind of drags :/ otherwise pretty nice
11) Allie X- Theres a lyric in the chorus that reminds me of Romanias chorus in ESCT 33 "You build me up you build me down (something) of my heart/love" whatever this was alright
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy.- Yeah this is a no, just not my style
13) Tom Grennan- Found What I've Been Looking For is superior to me. I feel like this need more of a oomph in the chorus but his voice quality makes everything better tbh
14) Paul Rey- This is the type of generic ish type stuff I go for. It is generic but it isn't trashy its just so chill and smooth
15) VINAI- The verses are fucking great and as much as I hate to say this I fucking dig the drop tho I should not.
16) Lorenzo Fragola- This is ok I totally prefer Luce Che Entra this is nice but nothing outstanding
17) MNEK- This is pretty fucking good, specially that whispery chorus. Now thinking about it the verses are quite a blur but the chorus is just great
18) Renaida- I- No.
19) Bishop Briggs- I really love her music but I have never been keen on this "Give up the fight" part. But I still like the song in general just not that part
20) Michl- I think at the time I could have been into this but now its too alternative and indie for me
21) Sunmi- I wonder who sent this bop
22) Muddy Magnolias- Am I the only one to get evangelist church out of this? Not my thing but they're talented
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus- The catchy bop we deserve
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue- Typical Jonas Blue song which isn't a bad thing. I like the song, I would like a higher pitched voice but this still did the job
25) Chloe x Halle- The beat never really takes off which is off puting for me sorry
26) Kim Petras- This is probably the best we have seen of her. It kinda grew on me glad this was sent and not the I want my earring prada one
27) Sigrid Bernson- LOL ICONIC
28) Yves (LOONA)- This really is one of the best LOONA solos, I just love everything about this electronic sound but still so good.
29) Saint PHNX- I would think this would be a more agressive song since it comes from bibbles but I could see anyone sending this. It builds up very nicely and its not too rocky that I cant stand it. Really good
1917 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
01) BANNERS - Ranked: 91. One of my favourites of Alicia's. The beat is great. The whole thing just delivers.
02) Anna Leone - Ranked: 59. One of the most underrated entries of the year. It's a slow build but once the chorus kicks in, I'm sold. It's thumping and sounds haunting. I love this.
03) Kiiara - Unranked. I forgot this got entered. I don't think I liked it on first listen but I did find myself listening to this on Spotify quite a bit. I didn't rank it but probably should have. It's a good pop song.
04) FAUN - Unranked. Don't really understand how this placed 4th but work. Not my thing.
05) BELLSAINT - Ranked: 106. It's retrospect this is one of the more forgettable winners of the year, but it's still lovely. That voice is just killer. Almost hit my top 100!
06) Dean Lewis - Unranked. I respect Will's average yearly placement of 2nd, but I'm just not a fan of this!
07) Ray Dalton - Ranked: 188. It's a little dated, but gripping from the start. I do wish the chorus snapped harder, but that's my only complaint.
08) Delta Goodrem - Unranked. I recall not voting for this but only because that edition was especially strong. TBH, I underrated this. It's a lot better than some of Delta's other submissions, and it should have been ranked in my top 200.
09) Felicity - Ranked: 10. Bloody brilliant.
10) La'Porsha Renae - Unranked. It's not my cup of tea, but I admit that both the vocal and instrumentation are on point. I enjoy this in the moment, but wouldn't revisit.
11) Allie X - Ranked: 54. I enjoy both Allie X and Verite so it's not a surprise that I liked this so much. Fantastic winner.
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. - Unranked. Wasn't expecting to hear this again, but work!
13) Tom Grennan - Ranked: 1. I can't shower this with enough compliments. I guess I'm a white man's whore.
14) Paul Rey - I'm fishing for top points from Steve here but to be honest, this is genuinely one of my favourite songs that I've ever sent. WHY IS THIS SO UNDERRATED?? Magical.
15) VINAI - Ranked: 68. This always lifts my spirits. It's just a complete bop.
16) Lorenzo Fragola - Unranked. I never considered this for my ranking, but I can definitely see its merits on a relisten. It's quite good.
17) MNEK - Ranked: 15. This is one of my most listened to songs from 2018. Mnek has a lot of great stuff but this just slays. Once the spoken word part kicks in, I'm completely sold.
18) Renaida - Unranked. So I didn't rank this but I should have lol. I kind of looked over some national final songs and this was one of them. I forgot how much of a bop this actually was. I stan all over again.
19) Bishop Briggs - Unranked. I prefer Dream. On a relisten, this is definitely solid, but I still prefer Dream ^_^
20) Michl - Unranked. I remember this. It's quite experimental, and while I don't dislike it, it's just not for me.
21) Sunmi - Ranked: 49. This goes off. It's the kind of song I'd want to blast off a NYC rooftop. Amazing.
22) Muddy Magnolias - Ranked: 32. Everything about this is amazing. Their voices are piercing and the music is sublime. Such a well-deserved victory.
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - Ranked: 18. An infectious bop of the summer. Another fantastic winner.
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Unranked. This is nice, but a little overhyped in my opinion.
25) Chloe x Halle - Ranked: 4. The first time I heard this song: wow, what a moment! A moment I will never forget.
26) Kim Petras - Unranked. I'm not a huge Kim Petras stan apart from her Halloween EP, but I enjoy this a lot more in retrospect.
27) Sigrid Bernson - Unranked. A hot ass mess. I wish there was some way you could have linked the mic-only version.
28) Loona - Ranked: 55. I stan Loona, y'all! The 80's influences in this are just everything.
29) Saint PHNX - Ranked: 134. One of bibbles' best. It fades a bit on me for relisten but I can't deny the impact this had when I first heard it.
1917 days 18 hours ago
Amanyaman
1)        Banners-Not usually my thing but this is a pretty sweet song and it grew on me as the song progressed.  Decent start to the contest
2)        Anna Leone- Oooh nice vocals. Unfortunately the song itself doesn’t really go anywhere for me.
3)        Kiiara- I was enjoying this until it got to the chorus lol, not a fan
4)        FAUN- I gave this points last time.  I still quite like it actually lol. Nice voice and instrumentals
5)        Bellsaint-Ehh this is okay feels a bit forced and overly dramatic/produced. She has a reallypretty voice though.
6)        Dean Lewis-This has a nice build up even though his vocals aren’t my typical taste.  The build doesn’t really go anywhere though
7)        Ray Dalton:  Ooooh this is a bop lol and I really like his voice.  Nice mix of sounds here but the song loses its momentum towards the end
8)        Delta Goodrem:  On one hand I find this boring but I also like the upbeat/inspiring feel to this.  It stills feels kinda average though
9)        Felicity:Her voice is amazing and I’ve always found this song really fun and a nice mix of genres.
10)        La Porsha Renae:This started off really strong but fell flat for me.
11)        Allie X ft Verite: Okay I really really like this lol. Always been a Verite fan but never really listened to Allie X.  I can see this being stuck in my head this week
12)        Not. Your. Regular. Boy.:I think I gave this some points last time but Im not sure if I will this time around.  I mostly enjoy the chorus
13)        Tom Grennan:This is also pretty over dramatic but I am a sucker for those strings and his raspy voice works really well with this song.  Nice entry.
14)        Paul Rey: This was okay but kinda forgettable, I think it hurts in this lineup because it felt similar but not as good as the previous song.
15)        Vinai: Eh this was okay, not really my thing but I can see the appeal
16)        Lorenzo Fragola: This is preparing me for San Remo 2019.  His vocals aren’t crazy but the structure of the song is really sweet and works really well.  I like this a lot.
17)        MNEK: This was good until that drop yikes lol.
18)        Renaida:This has a really nice build and oooh that drop was worth it.  This isn’t necessarily amazing but she has a nice voice and it’s a fun dancey song.
19)        Bishop Briggs: I always found her kinda overrated but this song has really grown on me since in the contest. 
20)        Michl:Eh his voice is actually pretty nice in parts, mostly the high notes.  Overall, I just can’t really get into this song
21)        Sunmi:Not my thing but this was fun at least so I can see it getting a few points.
22)        Muddy Magnolias:  This is still a bop!! Country,soul, indie, pop all in one.  I really like this song.  Strong all throughout but the chorus especially is really good.
23)        One Bit And Noah Cyrus:  Nah not into the arrangement or her voice :/
24)        Arlissa and Jonas Blue:  Gorgeous voice, the song itself is sorta eh though but she lifts it up a bit
25)        Chloe x Halle:Oooh double vocals. Wait, these are the twins from Grownish?! This was surprising, I didn’t think they were that good.  This was nice
26)        Kim Petras: I was never able to get into this and I still can’t get into it.
27)        Sigird Bernson: Lol nah thanks, I forgot this was in melodifestivalen
28)        Yves(LOONA):Not my thing but wow this is really good actually.  It falls a bit flat though
29)        Saint PHNX: Wow I really like this! Overall nice combination of instrumentals and vocals here.  This is the type of song that will also grow on me over time.  I like the message of the song though.  This is pretty good!
1917 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) BANNERS        i didn't remember this and i'm glad to forget it again
02) Anna Leone        well... this nearly put me to sleep
03) Kiiara        at least this made me bop.
04) FAUN        interesting and will probably get that mid of ranked for me
05) BELLSAINT        i mean it was good. but like i'm not gonna go to listen to it later
06) Dean Lewis        see comment from Banners
07) Ray Dalton        i like bopping along to songs
08) Delta Goodrem        there is alot going on.
09) Felicity        meh.... another one i'll forget about at some point
10) La'Porsha Renae        i mean... similar boat to bellsaint for me
11) Allie X        i have to be in a lesbian mood for this
12) Not.Your.Regular.Boy.        well this was a choice
13) Tom Grennan        this was slightly better than Banners
14) Paul Rey        so many male vocalists
15) VINAI        i can't believe felix has one of the better bops this round.
16) Lorenzo Fragola        put me to sleep again
17) MNEK        he has better bops. but it's still good
18) Renaida        i mean... i picked it again, so obviously it's a bop
19) Bishop Briggs        honestly overrated
20) Michl        it finished 16th with 52 points... need i say more?
21) Sunmi        this isn't Gashina
22) Muddy Magnolias        this? won?
23) One Bit & Noah Cyrus        at least his makes sense for winning
24) Arlissa & Jonas Blue        okay... boppin a little
25) Chloe x Halle        nah i'm okay
26) Kim Petras        i mean it's alright but overhyped still
27) Sigrid Bernson        the better Melfest song was earlier in the running order
28) Yves (LOONA)        pretty bland
29) Saint PHNX        starting and ending with songs i'll forget

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!