This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 328 Final

Topic » TSC 328 Final

2045 days ago
Insanity17
01) Harlea- I enjoy her tone. The background music is pretty eclectic. It didn’t have a moment that made it stand out. Overall, I’d say I liked it.
02) Kelsea Ballerini- It has a very generic sound to it. Again, there was no special moment. Her voice is pretty, but I wouldn’t listen to it again.
03) The Saddle Club- Lol the nostalgia is strong with this one. The vocals are pretty weak, stick to riding horses girls.
04) Double Take- This used to be my jam. It’s very catchy, but for all the wrong reasons.
05) Lisa Ajax- The background music was the best part, sounded very Middle Eastern inspired. I was let down once the song actually started. Good voice, but it was so generic and didn’t go with the background music.
06) We Are The Fallen- I didn’t like this, but if you’re going for this genre, why not go all the way? It felt very restrained, I was waiting for like a loud guitar bashing and like a very straining vocal yell.
07) Blessed- Definitely a great dance track. The only thing I could say is that the rushed/sped up vocals are a tad overdone. Other than that, I enjoyed it.
08) Madilyn Bailey- I think the flow of this and the beat is nice. I find the shaky vocal very interesting. Could have done without the overlay vocals.
09) Lucy Spraggan- Lucy’s singer/songwriter vibe is so cool. I really enjoyed the harmonies. It did get a bit repetitive at the end.
10) Markus Feehily- I like the vocal, but the chorus is rather pedestrian. The verses are very strong. The fluctuation between the verses and the chorus wasn’t particularly pleasant.
11) Emii- She’s like a low rent version of old school Lady Gaga. Nothing special or worth noting about this entry. Pretty standard stuff.
12) Fire From The Gods- That vocal creeps me out. I wanted this to end almost instantly. It sounds like a mess.
13) Sungha Jung- Good acoustic sound. Pleasant and very soothing. Very repetitive though and the lack of lyrics makes that aspect stand out more.
14) MOMOLAND- It doesn’t sound original. The rap part comes out of nowhere and it doesn’t need it. It’s a mess and overdone.
15) Melissa Auf der Maur- This vocal doesn’t work for me. The music is too loud in the chorus. It’s rather boring.
16) SUNMI- This kind of has a disco vibe to it and I’m kind of digging it. I probably like it because it sounds so basic. Not really a fan of the slowed down bit near the end.
17) Kesha- Her voice is great, but this was just very repetitive.
18) Che'Nelle- The overlay on some of the notes in the chorus is very grating. Her voice is pretty solid and she’s packing a lot of prowess. It’s decent.
19) Marie-Mai- Someone is fishing for points from me. This ticks off every box of what I look for.
20) Carrie Underwood- Generic song with a political message about loving each other….how original. I expect more from the winner of the fourth season of American Idol.
21) Chloe x Halle- This has an interesting vibe to it. It’s decent, but it drifted at the end.
22) Call Me Loop- Pretty generic song. Middle of the pack for me.
23) Vaults- The intro caught my attention. Nice buildup. Then it gets boring and repetitive. I like her tone. Oh she picked it up a little and showed some vocal skills, I like it again.
24) Sabrina Carpenter- This is probably the worst song I’ve heard of hers. It has no character, it just sounds trashy.
2045 days ago
LornaHollas
1.        Harlea “Beautiful Mess” – Pretty good opening, very funky style
2.        Kelsea Ballerini “Roses” – This sounds like a filler track for a 2000s album
3.        The Saddle Club “Hello World” – Thank you NooNoo for your contribution this week, but it’s not for me
4.        Double Take “Hot Problems” – This song is iconic for all the wrong reasons lol I kind of stan it though, I used to play it to annoy people and get it stuck in their heads   
5.        Lisa Ajax “My Heart Wants Me Dead” – Kind of a basic song, nothing special
6.        We Are The Fallen “Bury Me Alive” – Since “sleep well my angel” was put in I have been playing that song so much. Glad to hear them again, I love this song as much as I did their last one! 
7.        Blessed “See Through All The Colours” – Not really feeling this song, not really my style.
8.        Madilyn Bailey “Tetris” – I liked her quirky style of singing, a bit like ellie Goulding and the song was pretty catchy
9.        Lucy Spraggan “Stick The Kettle On” – Every song I’ve heard from her she’s either going on about toast or freddos or something like that. I quite liked this one, not sure if I would revisit though
10.        Markus Feehily “Sirens” – I like the overall dark feel of this song
11.        Emii “Magic” – In my opinion the song would sound better if she had a more growly voice, it also seemed like there was something lacking
12.        Fire From The Gods “Evolve” – This started with so much potential and then he started singing and I was so disappointed ☹
13.        Sungha Jung “On Cloud Nine” – To me this sounded a bit messy and all over the place
14.         MOMOLAND “BAAM” – this came in full force and kept it up throughout
15.        Melissa Auf der Maur “Meet Me On The Dark Side” – This has a very 90’s sound to it so naturally I’m liking this
16.         SUNMI “Siren” – That beat is horrific! Can people actually listen to this?
17.        Kesha “Hymn” – I love the rainbow album. This song isn’t the best from it but it is still pretty good 😊
18.        Che'Nelle “Criminal” – it kept building up and building up but the chorus was very underwhelming
19.        Marie-Mai “Je décolle” – Her voice has an annoying pitch to it that is very offputting
20.        Carrie Underwood “Love Wins” – A little cheesy but pretty enjoyable song
21.         Chloe x Halle “Warrior” – It’s an okayish song, nothing I would revisit though
22.        Call Me Loop “Cut and Run” – This song passed by without leaving any impact whatsoever
23.         Vaults “Hurricane” – I really wanted to like this but it was just a bit dull
24.        Sabrina Carpenter “Lie for Love” – It may be because a couple of the last songs flopped for me but I really enjoyed this, her voice and beat compliment each other well.
2044 days 10 hours ago
LiukBB
01. Ok i feel dumb but I don't get this as much as the other people LMAO. The song kinda passes me by and even though it is alternative it just doesn't do too much on me. There are some disturbing noises which put me off. 5-
02. Not a big fan of the voice , but i think it has a flow who makes it a bit more interesting than  Harlea's song. Still meh 5,5
03. You know something is wrong when this is my favourite so far. I mean it's dated, and it's a children program probably, but i like the cute vibe that comes from this. 6+
04. The voices aren't that good but the rhytm is interesting. I feel if i play this a second or third time i will end up liking this more. 6
05. I like her voice but the song is too generic to make me feel excited or interested. 5+
06.This sounds like a soundtrack of some movie. Oh it was used fot the trailer of the vampires diaries. As for the song I really like the chorus , the verses not so much. I hope it ends up in my top 10 for diversity 5/6.
07. Uhm no this is way too chaotic and disordered to make any impact.
08. Not too bad, her voice is okay. Overall enjoable 6
09. Why there is a guy singing not featured ? I don't like the whole vibe that comes from that song. I mean I kinda want to like this, but their voces don't match together at all. Thsi song should make me sad but it just annoys me lol  4/5
10. I am not into this but at least the music and the melody is a bit interesting. 5,5
11. I should like this, like I really want to like this because it's alternative but no her voice is just too much 4,5.
12. Oh a rock song. thank the fuck I needed this. Not exactly what I was looking for but in this tsc it is like a lake in the desert. 6,5
13. Ok lmao i was waiting until this to start singing but then i realized it was an acoustic version. This was very good for being just music. It really stands out and i hope it does well. 6,5.
14. Not the best kpop song, but it's okay .The bam part is cool. 6
15. Uninteresting, uninspiring. Meh voice. Too too different 5-
16. Interesting beat, but the song as goes doesn't lift the ok beginning. Not the worst of the night though 5,5.
17  Quite meh for Kesha's standard. Like she has so much better and the more this goes the more it just becomes bad. 5-
18. Just boring. The sogn feels like it's not going anywhere.I feel criminal now for listening to this. 5
19. Felix used this artist in tsc 319 and i hope it's him again. Thanks for this song. This is easily the best song so far: the french language sounds beautiful in this composition, it's catchy, pleasant and one of the few song I might relisten after this contest. 7+
20. The verses were kinda nice then the chorus destroyed it all. Not Carrie best I think.And btw love isn't the best. It just makes you suffer. 5+
21: The beat is annoying and what is this meeeeeee throughout the chorus. No and no.If I was a warrior and listen to this I'll surrender immediately. 4+
22: Hurray I like this .Not hooked in the beginning but then i was won over. One of the best and remarkable song of the night 6/7.
23: Nope. This is not grabbing me in any possible way. 5-
24: Thank god this week is over. Meh overall, it's not too bad as other but it's not really remarkable. Is it ? 5+

17) Kesha - 'Hymn' I don't exactly agree with one rule in TSC: the acceptance of the just featured artists in the last 10 TSC's. We've already heard Kesha last week, not that I would complain about her.

I agree with you Dallas on this one.
2044 days ago
krrais
01) Harlea : Enjoyed this despite being very generic, I like the passion in her vocals.
02) Kelsea Ballerini : Sounds like a great song to start off the day which I am now, really like the whole thing, it's chill with good amount of power.
03) The Saddle Club : It's either an old song or home recorded, don't know if a good production would make it sound better but rn not a fan.
04) Double Take : Reminds me of Rebecca Black, I actually didn't hate it but not sure if I'd listen again.
05) Lisa Ajax : Surprised this is just submitted now, I used to like this but it sounds kinda dated now.
06) We Are The Fallen : Sounds like an American Idol record, her voice is quite rigid but it kinda grows on me, overall it's not for me though.
07) Blessed : Doesn't really go anywhere but it's still quite enjoyable, the beat is good.
08) Madilyn Bailey : She has amazing covers but her original songs are always lacking imo including this one, this just doesn't sell anything exciting.
09) Lucy Spraggan : I think this being a duet helps a lot, a bit uninspiring song but has a few elements that I like.
10) Markus Feehily : Very popular sound in TSC these days, quite an intriguing song.
11) Emii : The parts feel a bit disjointed, a bit all over the place too.
12) Fire From The Gods : Not a fan of his voice, the whole thing is a little too loud for my liking.
13) Sungha Jung : Never really paid attention to guitar songs without vocals except they're depapepe and this doesn't change it.
14) MOMOLAND : Not too different from bboom bboom which grown to be quite annoying.
15) Melissa Auf der Maur : Very dull, dated, and uninspiring.
16) SUNMI : Not as good as heroine but I like it better than gashina, the rap doesn't really fit the song imo but overall it's still a really good song, Sunmi just doesn't disappoint.
17) Kesha : Good verses, chorus is a big let down though.
18) Che'Nelle : Not really my style, her vocal technique is a bit too much too.
19) Marie-Mai : She has better songs, this doesn't have a good hook that keep it interesting.
20) Carrie Underwood : A bit trying too hard, again she has much better songs.
21) Chloe x Halle : YES GO QUEENS. They never fail to deliver and this is probably my favorite from them, fantastic song.
22) Call Me Loop : Super basic song, the chorus is not bad though.
23) Vaults : A little too slow and dark, it was nice when it picks up in the middle though, not bad overall.
24) Sabrina Carpenter : Very repetitive and the song doesn't seem to really go anywhere.
2043 days 15 hours ago
Eoin
01) Harlea - TOOT - Good vocals, song slightly annoying, but a fairly decent start.

02) Kelsea Ballerini - BOOT - EHHHHHH, just not good or bad, however it bored me so i booted it.

03) The Saddle Club - BOOT - No.

04) Double Take - BOOT - No.

05) Lisa Ajax - TOOT - I think the song is too strong for her voice or something, I just don't think the song and her voice mesh, but still a fine entry.

06) We Are The Fallen - TOOT - I liked her voice, not a big rock song, but I quite liked this, because the vocals were top notch.

07) Blessed - TOOT - I will toot this but it's hella generic.

08) Madilyn Bailey - TOOT - Fantastic song, fantastic vocals, what's not to like?

09) Lucy Spraggan - TOOT - I still follow her and will always love her and everything she does, I quite like SFG as well, both a good song for both of them <3

10) Markus Feehily - TOOT - This is the gay Westlife one, right? Well anyway, the instrumental does surpass his voice, however, still a good entry.

11) Emii - BOOT - Hated listening to this, just intolerable.

12) Fire From The Gods - BOOT - Wasn't a fan of the vocals or the song, sorry about it.

13) Sungha Jung - BOOT - Umm, no vocals, not necessarily a necessary but this is just generic.

14) MOMOLAND - TOOT - Tolerable, not going to blow me away, however one of the better and more interesting KPOP songs i've heard.

15) Melissa Auf der Maur - BOOT - I'm guilty of despising this song.

16) SUNMI - BOOT - Oh I thought I turned a corner on KPOP after song 14, but this was awful.

17) Kesha - TOOT - I love Kesha being entered so often after I won with her, however, this is a decent kesha song, I liked it.

18) Che'Nelle - BOOT - This song bored me, not bad, just boring.

19) Marie-Mai - BOOT - I didn't like this, oh at all.

20) Carrie Underwood - BOOT - Love might win but this song isn't/

21) Chloe x Halle - TOOT - Oh these girls always bring it, fucking fantastic vocals and a stunning song. Top class.

22) Call Me Loop - TOOT - Loved the verse, I wasn't sold on the chorus, however, still a good song.

23) Vaults - BOOT - I felt like letting go of this song.

24) Sabrina Carpenter - BOOT - Nothing likeable about this song except for the artist name and that's the tea
2043 days 11 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
I'm a bit loopy from cold meds, so like, what better time to do TSC? Forgive me if my comments suck more than usual.

01) Harlea - No real stand-out elements to it, but it works as a whole. Solid opener.
02) Kelsea Ballerini - A little too cutesy for me. It was really missing any sort of edge to it.
03) The Saddle Club - Wow, I'm a horse girl now!
04) Double Take - LMFAO. I totally forgot this existed. Truly hideous vocally, but the chorus still goes off.
05) Lisa Ajax - My anthem for a few months last year where I was having chest pain. It's grown on me quite a bit since 2016 and is infinitely better than "I Don't Give A."
06) We Are The Fallen - "Is this Amy Lee? She sounds a bit different." *googles* "Oh, it's a bunch of old Evanescence members...and..." *takes a double take* "CARLY FUCKING SMITHSON." Anyway, it's fine for what it is.
07) Blessed - Yeah, this is right up my  (Kirstie) alley.
08) Madilyn Bailey - She's got a cool voice, albeit a bit shaky at times, but the production didn't do much for me. It's decent as a whole, but can't help but feel slightly let down by it.
09) Lucy Spraggan - Truthfully, I'm expecting this to be some boring singer/songwritery shit. Less boring than I was expecting and rather pleasant all-around. Not totally my thing, but I didn't hate it.
10) Markus Feehily - Was hoping for something new from him, but I'm cool with this. Have heard it before and like it.
11) Emii - I'm glad I'm not the only person that heard a shitty version of early Gaga, especially in the verses. With all of that out of the way, I still couldn't decide if I liked or it hated it after one listen. May give it another chance before giving points out.
12) Fire From The Gods - This had potential until he started to sing. I gave it a chance after that for the voice to grow on me and it never did, unforch.
13) Sungha Jung - I love Tengaged Instrumental Contest.
14) MOMOLAND - Instrumental got me pregnant. Not totally in love with the vocals, but I dig it as a whole. Okay, MOMOLAND, go off a bit.
15) Melissa Auf der Maur - I almost said not very current as a detriment, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing sometimes. Not my thing.
16) SUNMI - I think I might like KPOP on Diphenhydramine, as I've liked BOTH of them in this contest.
17) Kesha - It might be my least favorite track from Rainbow?
18) Che'Nelle - Very quality all around entry, IMO.
19) Marie-Mai - See directly above. Pretty rare that a foreign language song that I'm hearing for the first time in this setting has a chance for top points.
20) Carrie Underwood - Not angsty enough Carrie for my tastes.
21) Chloe x Halle - Yeah, I don't think they've let me down at all when they've been entered here (though it does feel like every 10 contests at this point, BUT I WON'T COMPLAIN). V good.
22) Call Me Loop - It's got the uninspired sound that I expect from new music weekly these days, but I mostly like it despite that.
23) Vaults - Liking the overall feel of this.
24) Sabrina Carpenter - Usually happy when she ends up in the running order, but this ain't it.
2043 days 9 hours ago
onemanarmy
07) Blessed - This is pretty good, can see this growing on me more and more each listen.

08) Madilyn Bailey - I thought about submitting this, I like it and have it on my player but not sure if it'll do better than 14th territory so I passed on entering it.

09) Lucy Spraggan - This falls into the not my cup of tea category, it's ok but it's a sound I tend to never add to my player.

10) Markus Feehily - I'm partially digging this one, could definitely grow on me with more listens.

11) Emii - Sick beat, Old school Pink I get, not hearing Gaga though , Love the rock elements to it as well.

12) Fire From The Gods - I like the vibe but his voice is enough to pass on this one.
2043 days 7 hours ago
NooNoo
1.        I like her voice it works well with the music
2.        This was a cute little bop of a song
3.        Such a beautiful song about horses
4.        A song that deals with real issues, why hasn’t the world opened their eyes?
5.        How many times can she fit “everyday” into a song? I dunno but I lost count and interest in this song
6.        This sounds a lot like evanescene! I really like this!
7.        I quite like the beat, some words I couldn’t understand but overall I liked it
8.        Usually don’t like singers who try to be edgy for the sake of being edgy but something about this song made me warm to it
9.        I liked this song, it had a good message with a very British solution
10.        Not a fan of his voice, it put me off the song
11.        This song sounds like a 2011 dark pop song and I love it
12.        I like the rock vibes, not as strong as song 6 but it’s a good enough song
13.        Is he going to start singing? No? It sounds like a very long intro to a song
14.        I like the beat to this. Not a big fan of the rap part though
15.        This sounds like if Dita Von Teese was a song, it’s very sultry and smooth sounding
16.        My god her voice is annoying! Make it stop!
17.        I love kesha, her song from last week was miles better but this was enjoyable
18.        She has a really nice voice and by the end of the song it had me wanting more from her
19.        Don’t know what to say about this one, it bored me
20.        One of the queens of country with another good song with a good message
21.        The chorus is very nice and I like the clapping sound effect
22.        This was so basic it hurt
23.        As it went along it did get better and better to listen to
24.        This was a very nice song to finish on, good vibes from this
2042 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
01) Harlea – I know is a woman but its not bad, quite like the duet in the chorus, nice tune!!
02) Kelsea Ballerini – this one on the other hand, is quite mediocre, not sure I like the way she is singing.
03) The Saddle Club – this competition is like a graph on the pound, sliding downward!!
04) Double Take – goodness, just when thought it couldn’t get any worse!!!
05) Lisa Ajax – slightly better than the last few, but then when youre firmly at the bottom of the pit, theres only one way to go!!
06) We Are The Fallen – very evanescence, which what  I think I said last time they were in the contest!!
07) Blessed – I think she swore, but shes so busy trying to sing in a contrived way, you cant quite catch it!
08) Madilyn Bailey – this is going to be a hard contest to find songs to give points to, this feels like style over content, her voice is quite shrill!!
09) Lucy Spraggan – I do find that mockney style really annoying, even the guy is doing it!!
10) Markus Feehily – might get points for just not being a girl!!
11) Emii – I think lady googar has already done this one!!!!
12) Fire From The Gods – This. Is. A. Great. Song!!!!!!
13) Sungha Jung – its very pleasant, felt like it was lacking something, but quite good technically!
14) MOMOLAND – this was quite irritating, I might be giving irritating songs points at this rate!!
15) Melissa Auf der Maur – the vocal are dreadful, the tune it okay!!
16) SUNMI – bless you!! Heres a tissue!!  Now stop singing, you have a cold and need a laydown, no really, stop singing!!
17) Kesha – I know im struggling to find songs to give points to, but in not that desperate!!
18) Che'Nelle – next week is theme week, any song from the 70s, consisting of more than one singer, duets, bands, that sort of thing!!
19) Marie-Mai – this was okay, parts were annoying!!
20) Carrie Underwood – just what youd expect from carrie underwood!!
21) Chloe x Halle – this was trying way too hard!!
22) Call Me Loop – mockney, repetitive, annoying!!
23) Vaults – its okay, at least shes singing normally!!
24) Sabrina Carpenter – she quite nasally!!
2042 days 6 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Harlea - Strong start. Not overly keen on that funny noise, but the song is fine. Love her voice, good flow. Yeah like this.

02) Kelsea Ballerini – Yeah…this sounds dated and I bet it was released quite recently. :p Her pronunciation is interesting of words and I would prefer it if she actually emphasised ‘roses’ in the chorus.

03) The Saddle Clubm – This isn’t even trolling tbh. TBF the girl in the middle actually has a lovely voice, song itself is trite.

04) Double Take – Are these the girls from entry 3 that couldn’t sing very well? If you’re going to enter something like this, at least go for someone like Bip Ling. Worst entry, congrats on you get that get accolade babe.

05) Lisa Ajax – I found this on Spotify and actually enjoyed it. I looked it up to see if I could enter it and then I realised it was an old NF reject. :p Verses are great, the chorus is a little grating and repetitive,

06) We Are The Fallen – Hi Dallas. Nightwish vibes, but like a budget Nightwish haha :p  The chorus is great, the verses are a little choppy, but overall it’s solid. :)

07) Blessed – This is cool. Again a little messy, but it’s solid enough and my hips definitely were shaking. :p :D

08) Madilyn Bailey – Speaking of Tetris, when is Ryan gonna enter this lovely Tetris theme? :)

Ok this is even messier than the two previous entries combined. No I didn’t enjoy this one sorry, that may be a surprise for some, it had loads of elements that I didn’t like. The plinky plonky piano for starters.

09) Lucy Spraggan – That is like the most British titile ever. I thought this was going to be atrocious as I disliked her voice when she was on the X Factor. :p I don’t think the male vocal added much, but it wasn’t too bad. Loads of magical parts to this. :)

10) Markus Feehily – Oh em gee that start is incredible. I would be very surprised if this doesn’t do well tomorrow. I reckon it will win. It sounds like a mixture of 80s and contemporary music. I love how it sounds like sirens are sounding like something terrifying is coming. Stunning!

11) Emii – Did Ryan Brown produce this? I’m sure she borrowed those derpy noises from him. :p  Vocal is OK. Song is OK…quite dated tbh.

12) Fire From The Gods – OH WOW. I’m torn, I love his actual singing voice. His shouty voice not so much haha. :p Overall I don’t know if I like it or dislike it…I think I’m not going to listen to it again thiough as it will give me a headache :p

13) Sungha Jung – Did I phone a call centre and they put me on hold for 3 and a half minutes?

14) MOMOLAND – SLAY.Ok it is a little cheesy, but honestly I love their energy and the song itself is just a joy. The video too is really fun, they’re just a fun group. :D Yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

15) Melissa Auf der Maur – Lucky for you, the two troll songs were so dire that this isn’t the worse of the week for me. I really dislike her voice.

16) SUNMI – I like this too. It’s my second favourite ‘siren’ song of the week, but it’s definitely one of the more solid entries of the week haha :p The chorus is definitely the strongest part of the song, it does remind me of a theme for an anime style cartoon. :p :)

17) Kesha – Go on…claim your automatic top 5 place. Lazy swearing…song itself isn’t that interesting for my own tastes. I like her voice here though.

18) Che'Nelle – probably the second absolute standout song of the week in my opinion. Her vocal sounds gorgeous, best ballad we’ve had in some time. I like this very much. :)

19) Marie-Mai – I love her. This is fantastic too, she’s really growing as an artist and honestly that is a joy to watch. She looks stunning here, I mean like a super model. Stunning. Song itself is one of my fave of the week. :)

20) Carrie Underwood – Dated. She looks like Hilary Duff in this at points.  It’s not awful, I actually enjoyed parts of it. :p

21) Chloe x Halle – It’s cool, a little disjointed, but the vocals are solid and it reminds me a little Lana Del Rey in places.

22) Call Me Loop – 2008 lyric video realness. I like her, but the songs are always missing something. This is solid and may sneak into my points. I don’t like how they edited her voice though.

23) Vaults – She doesn’t sound quite as shrill as she normally does, so yay for that. I like this as well, very solid, it lacks that stand out moment, but other than that it’s fine. :)

24) Sabrina Carpenter – I slept on ‘Thumbs’, I think I gave it 6 points but really I should have gave it a lot more as it is a stonking song and I listen to it quite a lot. This is cool, she does sound a little monotonous here though haha. :p
2041 days 22 hours ago
adeleadele
01) Harlea- A good opening! It does not bring much new to the table, but overall its a good song. depending on the week this could snatch some points
02) Kelsea Ballerini- Honestly i enjoy female country, i sent 2 female country acts before. This one was really nice, it put me in a calm mood! Just all around a really great entry!
03) The Saddle Club- Me at this troll entry. I dont even think this show aired in my country tbh, cuz i dont remember it. Its honestly not "bad" just a bit plain
04) Double Take- Another troll entry LOL! The lyrics are hilarious honestly! But its a really motivaitonal song honestly, hot girls do have problems, spread the word!
05) Lisa Ajax- This was never sent before? wow. I was never into both of her melfest entries, its a decent pop track, but nothing special.
06) We Are The Fallen- Did not like the opening. but when the vocals came in, i did like it. idk i like the verses better than the chorus, im conflicted with this.
07) Blessed- Like if this was 4 am and i was 3/4 asleep this would prob seem meh. but since its 10 pm (the time im like the most woke) i enjoyed this. I bopped to this tbh, nice song, basic, but nice
08) Madilyn Bailey- Lyrics are a bit... of a choice. I dont like the vocals, and the song just seems meh. not that good honestly
09) Lucy Spraggan- Its decent, i like the chorus a lot, but the rest is a bit meh. i doubt i would give this points
10) Markus Feehily- Is this low key the first male entry? LOL! U know im sexist against men so its hard to give male songs points. but this should get points from me, its quite good honestly, very catchy!
11) Emii- "ma ma magic" AHH THE VIDEO TOO LOL ICONIC! This is so trashy but so damn iconic!!! Im in love with this, a masterpiece of 2010 pop!
12) Fire From The Gods- Did not enjoy the vocals... yikes. Its not my kind of rock at all either. its pretty messy as well. very bad honestly.
13) Sungha Jung- Ok honestly this is very very unique for a TSC entry. Its just a guitar, nothing else. not many entries like that here. but i cant get behind it, i hope it does not get bottom 5 though cuz of how creative of a choice it is!
14) MOMOLAND- Iconic catchy bop!! Loved this so much!!!!!!! Been a while since there was a iconic K-Pop entry
15) Melissa Auf der Maur- A lot of older songs in this contest lol! This is kinda weird tbh. A bit too alternative for my tastes, but its not like bad
16) SUNMI- More K-Pop :0 and 0:07 is me when spring comes along. Its pretty good! There is obviously a more superior k-pop entry this week, but its still a really nice listen!
17) Kesha- A popular artist in TSC. A very weak song for Kesha honestly, i always love her voice, but this is just, decent.
18) Che'Nelle- Wow at that voice :0 I did not know how the song would go, but i LOVED the chorus!! it picked up from there, really nice ballad! this is a strong week honestly
19) Marie-Mai- Really enjoy french! I enjoyed it at the start, but it dragged, and the chorus was a bit meh too. could of been better, but still decent
20) Carrie Underwood- Queen Carrie Underwood!!! So i was liking it but thought she could do better, then the chorus hit and im like QUEEN! I was worried the 2nd verse would go back to meh, but it just picked up, i really really liked this! Great choice!
21) Chloe x Halle- Very strong vocalists! Song is pretty good as well! Something about it that i really enjoy, prob the beat! Hope this does well!
22) Call Me Loop- Good pop song! Fits nice into this week tbh! Its a bit generic, but its a above average generic if u know what i mean
23) Vaults- Was not into this really. just meh all around
24) Sabrina Carpenter- Good closer! Prob the same level as the opener!
2041 days 17 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) Harlea - This was fine as an opener, nothing stand out but nothing wrong
02) Kelsea Ballerini - Yall know I like country, this was pretty average and bland
03) The Saddle Club - I mean LOL but still
04) Double Take - Quite the iconic bop I still quote it
05) Lisa Ajax - BOP. I love the toilet paperness of it
06) We Are The Fallen - She does a bad Amy Lee impression
07) Blessed - The beat did nothing for me tbh
08) Madilyn Bailey - I liked the effects here, it was well put together
09) Lucy Spraggan - Horrendously twee
10) Markus Feehily - This was a reinvention lol. Restraint was needed here
11) Emii - Yeah I liked this one it was a bit trashy
12) Fire From The Gods - Oooh jesus no
13) Sungha Jung - I was waiting for something interesting and nothing came
14) MOMOLAND - This was cute but I felt it was a bit paint by numbers KPOP
15) Melissa Auf der Maur - I was into this, there was a nice pattern to it the way it went on
16) SUNMI - I liked this better than MOMOLAND it was more mature
17) Kesha - This a nice song, nice message
18) Che'Nelle - I liked this one too, it built well, good vocal
19) Marie-Mai - I also really liked this, the French lends to it sounding very sexy
20) Carrie Underwood - I love Carrie but this doesn’t have the memeability of her classics like Jesus Take The Wheel
21) Chloe x Halle - I like them but this song really doesn’t do much for me
22) Call Me Loop - I liked her last entry and I found this one similarly catchy and good
23) Vaults - The vocalist has a fabulous voice. This is another of their songs I like!
24) Sabrina Carpenter - I think this one struggled to connect with me
2041 days 17 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Harlea - Nothing special, there are a couple of elements here that really bug me, but it's a passable start. I like her voice.
02) Kelsea Ballerini - The Band Perry's impact. Much like the first song, nothing special but it's decent. There are much better examples of female country out there, but it's nice.
03) The Saddle Club - If you're running out of """"funny""" joke entries, stop sending joke entries. Zzzzzz.
04) Double Take - ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Slightly more entertaining I guess.
05) Lisa Ajax - ^^^^- oh, this isn't a joke entry? Oh dear. If my comments for the respective MF abominations over the last year or so haven't given it away, I'm not a fan of most MF entries and this is a perfect example of why.
06) We Are The Fallen - Pretty generic metal/rock, would probably pass me by with stronger competition but as it is I'm liking it.
07) Blessed - The first 20 seconds were brilliant, the direction it went in afterwards took a bit of time to get used to but once I did I really enjoyed this.
08) Madilyn Bailey - Absolutely not my thing, I have standards. On the plus side it feels like it's been a while since I've had an opportunity to take some anger out on some faux edgy indie pop.
09) Lucy Spraggan - I really like the vocals on in this, also probably the most British song I've ever heard in my life. The verses drag a bit but I like the chorus, this is good.
10) Markus Feehily - Oh this is brilliant, really like his voice and the whole vibe of this. Very, very good.
11) Emii - Definitely got a bit of a Pink/Gaga fusion going on, but really feels like it's lacking something to make it enjoyable unfortunately.
12) Fire From The Gods - That voice was unexpected! Don't think I like it, but I don't hate it. The instrumental is pretty great, I'm torn on this.
13) Sungha Jung - I can get behind instrumentals when they're good but this really, really bored me. Appreciate that it's a risk, but it didn't quite pay off for me.
14) MOMOLAND - Omg that was unexpected. I really wanted this to go off but it didn't quite get there. The drop is good but feels disjointed with the rest of it, as a whole it's okay.
15) Melissa Auf der Maur - I quite liked this, her voice didn't really bother me, the song is really my kind of thing but feels a bit lacking. Pretty good.
16) SUNMI - Like this more than Heroine, quite like the overall vibe to it and the melody is really nice. I don't love it but it's quite enjoyable.
17) Kesha - Oh it's the mediocre Kesha that won earlier this year, but even more mediocre. Pleasant verses, bad chorus, didn't care for this.
18) Che'Nelle - I was not expecting this, a pleasant surprise. I wish there was a bit more to the chorus but as a whole I enjoyed this as well.
19) Marie-Mai - Her last entry was okay, and this is also okay. Not really my thing, benefits from being in French.
20) Carrie Underwood - The Band Perry's impact. She has much better than this but I enjoyed it a lot more than I prbably should've.
21) Chloe x Halle - This has good elements to it but I couldn't really get into it, much like the previous 300 times they've been sent. The "meeeeeeee" part really kills this.
22) Call Me Loop - Like her voice and the bass in the verses, but the rest was pretty plain. It happened.
23) Vaults - This is phenomenal. The chorus is brilliant, it builds really nicely, everything just came together. So so good, love it.
24) Sabrina Carpenter - The backing of this overpowered everything else, a bit forgettable as a whole. Not awful.
2041 days 15 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Harlea ~ Not a bad start! The lyrics are great in this and her voice is nice. Not the most...original? thing I’ve heard but it was decent.
Kelsea Ballerini ~ It reminded me a lot of Taylor Swift’s earlier work. Sweet, sugary sweet, I quite liked it. Not a country expert whatsoever but her voice is lovely.
The Saddle Club ~ Dass a no. Baby Shark would genuinely have been a better entry! 🦈
Double Take ~ Attrocious.
Lisa Ajax ~ Well thank god! This flowed really well and her vocal is strong. Huge improvement on the last two. Could be ‘punchier’ but the best so far all the same.
We Are The Fallen ~ Amy Lee? An ‘I hope this is Bibbles’ moment. This was really standout, and I like it a lot. The problem that a lot of songs of this genre seem to face is the overload of guitar noise and lack of punch, but this got it all fairly spot-on.
Blessed ~ Some if the lyrics in this are damn woeful! Have to admit though, it’s pretty catchy, and I like a lot of the elements to this.
Madilyn Bailey ~ Quite Flume-esque. Took some getting used to, but it grew on me a lot. Her vocal is included in that statement. Not a bad pick.
Lucy Spraggan ~ Oh hi British TSC! I feel like this isn’t the style I’d normally like, yet somehow I was really compelled by this. A simple yet profound message, served with a British brew. Both acts are fab too, been a fan of both in my time. Nice song!
Markus Feehily ~ Outstanding intro, it blew me away. I felt the package as a whole was a bit tryhard, but it’s a definite grower and a far cry from Westlife. Not bad! I feel I’ll remember it so that’s good.
Emi ~ Also a tad tryhatd and very robotic. This said, I liked the angst in this one, I’d probably listen again! Her voice suits the song well.
Fire From The Gods ~ The screamie vocal kind of ruined what was a very promising rick entry. Had his vocal remained as it was at the beginning, it would have gotten higher points from me. There were elements to this that I really liked though.
Sungha Jung ~ I don’t gave a lot to say about this one apart from he looos very cute and he plays well. The odd lyric would have been nice though!
MOMOLAND ~ Very blackpink. I have to admit it was verging on being just that bit TOO cutesie for my tastebuds, but I moderately enjoyed this one, and I think it came at the right time. Not bad.
Melissa Auf der Maur ~ Torn on this. I got a bit bored of it after a while but I appreciated the lyrics and how overall haunting it was. Could grow on me..
SUNMI ~ HII Rodri. This one was great! The best Asian song this contest so far by a mile, and I think it’s the best song I’ve heard from Sunmi too. Very catchy and not at all overly sugary. Yay!
Kesha ~ I like the direction her latest album has taken, the songs are really meaningful. I liked this one, although it’s not the best from the album, it’s still one I’d give another listen.
Che’Nelle ~ It was in danger of building up to nothingness for me, but thankfully the chorus happened and was good! It’s a slow build but her voice is phenomenal and the song as a whole is pretty good.
Marie-Mai ~ HII Charlie! It has not been 10?!?! Found this a little middle of the road overall, but her voice is lovely and it’s far from an unpleasant choon. Just felt it fell short compared to her last entry.
Carrie Underwood ~ No doubt her voice has beautiful tones to it. I’ve never really gotten into any of her work though and although this song was fairly pleasant, it didn’t do enough to shift my opinion. Differing tastes I guess.
Chloe x Halle ~ They’ve never won, am I correct? This song... could change that. Despite that weird, drawn out vocal in the chorus, I found this incredible. Best thing I’ve heard from them, very good quality. I wanna listen again!
Call Me Loop ~ Hi again, Loop. Not crazy for your vocal here, but the song itself was a very pleasant surprise, and quite radio-friendly (not a bad thing!) Reminded me of Gorgeous a bit by Taylor Swift.
Vaults ~ Some of the background noise wasn’t really needed, I liked the vibe of this overall though. Great vocal.
Sabrina Carpenter ~ Oh synth YAY... oh she’s singing. Yeah bit of a letdown, it was only ok.
2041 days 15 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Harlea - This is a cute opener. Elements of this remind me of Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson lmao. Overall this wasn't bad. I pretty much liked it.
02) Kelsea Ballerini - Okay I'm HERE for this. I love the vibe of this song, I'm a sucker for songs like these. And she did it very well.
03) The Saddle Club - Um, this is quite.. interesting. Very meh. Not interested in this at all. Oh dear, have I just contradicted myself? Lmao. But yeah this sucks.
04) Double Take - Honestly, there's no way the people that send this actually enjoy it, like if you're just gonna send joke entries every week what's the point of competing lmao? I'm sick of it. Horrible.
05) Lisa Ajax - This is a bop. The 'everyday' bit made me like it more. I have nothing negative to say about this tbh, I'll probably listen to this again.
06) We Are The Fallen - Was iffy on this til the chorus, then I got into it. I wish the chorus was longer. But I like this song overall.
07) Blessed - Oh this.. this is a BOP.  Everything here sounds hella pleasant, I really liked the chorus too.
08) Madilyn Bailey - I love Madilyn, but this song ain't it. Like, it's not horrible AT ALL. Infact there's elements I like. But I didn't really enjoy the chorus at all , really. I wish I did but I didn't & thats unfortunate.
09) Lucy Spraggan - From Lucy, I'm kinda shook with this song, cause I'm so used to the sort of rapping thing she does. This is a cute little song. It'll snatch a few points most likely.
10) Markus Feehily - Okay, this began and I KNEW. I KNEW this was gonna be iconic.  And it was, I really liked the chorus on this song especially.
11) Emii - That was like, kinda iconic, but I didn't even love it like THAT much. It's decent but idt I'd listen to this again, like willingly. But vocals snapped so thats a plus.
12) Fire From The Gods - If a female vocal was on this I'd have liked this. But I don't like his voice in general, it's too harsh for me.
13) Sungha Jung - This was really pretty, and I wish there was vocals on it tho. This deserves vocals. It's still beautiful though, I enjoyed it. Dunno if its gonna get points though.
14) MOMOLAND - This is literally crazy. I wish they snapped even MORE though LMFAOO. I kinda enjoy it. Like I'm SORTA here for it. It might get low points.
15) Melissa Auf der Maur - I didn't HATE it... but this could've been a lot better. Like I wish her vocals snapped more. It's literally just alright.
16) SUNMI - I feel like I see Sunmi in this contest literally every 2 seconds. But anyway, this  was a cute song actually, I like the production mostly. The breakdown was a nice touch.
17) Kesha - I mean, of course I like this. Kesha really is iconic, & this song especially, it's pleasant to the ears and I love the meaning of this song. Here for it.
18) Che'Nelle - I love love love LOVEEEE the sensual vibes of this, like it's used like that in other songs and I love it. She literally fucking snapped here. Her vocals in the chorus, the production, BITCHH this is good.
19) Marie-Mai - Hella generic, but like I'm kinda here for it? Verses were alright, but I enjoyed the chorus. Also I love the french language.
20) Carrie Underwood - I honestly don't think Carrie can really do wrong. Her voice is literally perfect. This is meaningful, powerful and I love the message, like damn ma she really snapped on this one.
21) Chloe x Halle - I wasn't really feeling this at first, but it grew on me after the first chorus. This is so unique, I actually kinda love this. The second chorus hooked me.
22) Call Me Loop - There's no way I can't like this, it's literally impossible not to like. It's quite generic I feel, but I enjoyed it generally.
23) Vaults - This was quite good, her vocals really snapped here. I REALLY WISH she snapped more on the chorus. But the last chorus was really good with all the different sounds. Pretty good imo.
24) Sabrina Carpenter - This is a certified bop. Sabrina always snaps in like everything she does so I'm not surprised. Also bitch the chorus of this song is hella catchy and good.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!