This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 275 Final

Topic » TSC 275 Final

2568 days ago
DallasAndrew
The fact that Fritz won is certainly a bigger surprise than the way Rodriguese lost again.
2568 days ago
Patrick319
19        ::        036        ::        Halsey
20        ::        035        ::        Shawn Hook
---------------------------------------------------
21        ::        028        ::        Raleigh Ritchie
22        ::        028        ::        Gavin DeGraw

aren't these all former tsc winners lol
2568 days ago
ryan5676
I'm ready for the next contest which is colour themed and I have got a song up my sleeve that I hope no one else send first!
2568 days ago
AlanDuncan
Colour themed what the fuck
2568 days ago
CharlieBibi
Ok so we're doing LGBT week but only sending songs with colors in their name and not from actual LGBT artists?

...Choices.
2568 days ago
PrincessTeePee
I had a song planned, was soooooo excited about using the band again!... buuuut it doesn't fit the new theme so it can wait,^_^
2568 days ago
TolisKalkas
nsanity
Hi everyone, I’m going to be your host next TSC, and it will be my first time hosting a themed contest!

If you haven’t heard yet, June is Pride Month. Considering the majority of TSC falls somewhere on the LGBTQ+ spectrum (and we have wonderful allies as well), the theme this week will be COLORS. This means that the name of the song or artist has to have a color in it. To help give you a little inspiration, one of the most iconic symbols of the LGBTQ community is the rainbow flag. The current colors of the rainbow flag are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. There have been other colors on the rainbow flag as well such as pink, indigo, and turquoise. However, for this contest any color will be allowed.

So the rules are pretty simple. Standard TSC rules apply and will be attached in the mailer. Your song or artist name needs to have a color in it. Additionally, other words such as “color” and “rainbow” will be accepted as well. And… yeah, that’s pretty much it. I more than likely will not be able to send mailers out until late at night EST, so please DO NOT send me your entries until I post in the forum that I will be accepting entries. I will try to post in the forum around 5-6PM EST just so you know when to keep refreshing!

Thank you and good luck! Happy Pride Month everyone!
2568 days ago
onemanarmy
Twiddles my thumbs waiting for the mailer
2568 days ago
TolisKalkas
And let me translate that for non-americans

Hi everyone, I’m going to be your host next TSC, and it will be my first time hosting a themed contest!

If you haven’t heard yet, June is Pride Month. Considering the majority of TSC falls somewhere on the LGBTQ+ spectrum (and we have wonderful allies as well), the theme this week will be COLOURS. This means that the name of the song or artist has to have a colour in it. To help give you a little inspiration, one of the most iconic symbols of the LGBTQ community is the rainbow flag. The current colours of the rainbow flag are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. There have been other colours on the rainbow flag as well such as pink, indigo, and turquoise. However, for this contest any colour will be allowed.

So the rules are pretty simple. Standard TSC rules apply and will be attached in the mailer. Your song or artist name needs to have a colour in it. Additionally, other words such as “colour” and “rainbow” will be accepted as well. And… yeah, that’s pretty much it. I more than likely will not be able to send mailers out until late at night EST, so please DO NOT send me your entries until I post in the forum that I will be accepting entries. I will try to post in the forum around 5-6PM EST just so you know when to keep refreshing!

Thank you and good luck! Happy Pride Month everyone!
2568 days ago
Patrick319
now I understand
2568 days ago
Fritzyyyyy
Thanks for the votes, all! Truly was not expecting a win here, have been listening to it on repeat since it came out and decided to send it on a whim to see if others were into it.
I forgot to re-post TeePee's comments.
Here they are :D

I LOVE contests that feature former winners, particularly if I was not in those contests, as is the case for a few. They have clean slates and high expectations ;D

Gavin DeGraw ~ Tbh, I've never not liked anything he's released, his vocal is just perf. I guess I'm not as crazy about this as I have been about his past entries, but its still very pleasant and should still get points. ^_^
Nicole Cherry ~ I enjoyed this, it felt really summery. Their vocals and the two languages, complimented each other well, and the raper was not too annoying! So, yay. Not terribly fussed on the 'soyoyoy' parts though.
Zedd ~ He's a heck of a producer, but I bet even he struggled to make this lazy, mediocre demo sound good. The chorus isn't bad, but he's worthy of better imo. This is the man who made Clarity a superbanger, after all.
Margaret ~ Parts of this were just that bit TOO similar to Don't Let Me Down, by the Chainsmokers. Her winning entry was much better than this overall, I only really liked the drop in this. Again, capable of better.
Leon Else ~ Picking up The1975 vibes from this, nice use of subtle synth in here. Excellent chorus too...Yep, loving this. Great send, whoever!
Halsey ~ Most of her work is excellent, so I'm usually happy to see her on a list, and indeed, I've been aiming to use her myself for ages. But this was distinctly underwhelming, and never really took off - most unlike Halsey really. Shame. MAY get points though depending on the other songs.
Weezer ~ Kind of sweet and different, but my god it didn't half DRAG!! I like his voice and it was assez pleasant, but nothing about it really 'changed' or took off, so my attention slipped a little. Idk, may get points.
Shawn Hook ~ 'how guyyd it wayyyiis'...ok thats not a good start, boo Vanessa! It didn't really improve sadly, a bit like the entry above. It was NICE overall, but I got bored, sorry!
Greta Salóme ~ As soon as the track kicked in, I was like 'OOoooh yes!' ... then she sang. What a letdown, she's being positively drowned, lol. With a better balance, this would be a great song, as her range seems to be good. But as it is, nah. Too mismatched.
Fall Out Boy ~ On paper, them dueting with FOXES, definitely shouldn't work, although I know she has worked with them at various UK festivals, so I suppose it was a matter of time. It wasn't QUITE 'This Aint A Scene', or 'Thnk Fr Th Mmrs', but it was still a decent track overall. I enjoyed it - particularly Foxes' solo, that was proper cool.
Camila Cabello ~ Yeah, knew this was getting sent. LOL! She performed it on BGT this week, and sounded decent tbf. Backing track was clearly inspired by Shape of You, but thats not too much a bad thing. I do quite enjoy this.
Alicia Keys ~ Such a different direction from her past, power-vocal hits like Fallin' and Empire State of Mind... This sounds sort of darker lyrically, and I'm loving it! Just shows her versatility and talent even further. The beats in this are awesome too. Hearttt it!
Lady Lamb ~ She''s obviously a talented musician if thats her playing. Its sounding super stripped back, but thats actually not a bad thing, as it allows for her amazing vocal to shine through. Its not really to my personal taste as songs go, but something about this really captivated me, which I didn't expect. The fade out was nice also. Those who like this, will REALLY like this I reckon, can see her bagging a few 10s.
The Revivalists ~ It sort of reminded me of a Rixton song...except a tad more boring! This didn't really uplift me tbh, sorry!
Raja Kumari ~ I think I'd have liked this better, if it was faster??? It seemed a little disjointed overall, but the vocal made up for that. Not bad overall.
Raleigh Ritchie ~ I definitely expected a little better overall...his vocal seemed quite flat in parts, and the whole thing felt a little one-note. Still, in the higher bracket of this contest though, regardless.
Virginia to Vegas ~ Reminds me simultaneously of Craig David, ad Bieber, getting vibes of both. I'm not entirely sure if I'd go to this again, but I definitely enjoyed how laid back it was, as well as the unusually high male vocal. Not bad at all!
Mabel ~ Well this was underwhelming, and sounded not too pleasantly dated...others may like this more though.
Gigi Rowe ~ It seems a bit lacking vocally...a shame, as the tune and effects are so cool! Some of the lyrics just seemed lazy...I wouldn't look for this again.
Lauv ~ He has a lovely vocal! I found the verses a bit meh, but the chorus was nice overall, if not repetitive. A bit gappy overall, but I appreciate how different it sounded.
Miranda Cosgrove ~ I knew from the minute go that this was going to be a no. And, I was right...sorry!
Jun Hyo Seong ~ Jun Song? The Big Brother winner? She gets around :P LOL JK. It comes to something when this was the most memorable song in the contest LOL, it reminded e of that Sirusho winner in parts. Not sue what she's on about, some of her lyrics seem repetitive though/ Certainly a solid KPOP entry, I have this distinct feeling that it will do well. Ehrrmehrgherrrd thogh, sack the rapper!!
2567 days 23 hours ago
TheGoodMan
Miranda beating Halsey is so just and true
2567 days 23 hours ago
Insanity
Hi everyone! You can start sending your entries now!

As for the LGBTQ+ artists being submitted, I'm going to have to say no on that. I'm going to keep the original rules of the theme in place. If there are double rules for a theme like this, people may favor one rule over another and it will skew results. Also it's just too late for me to change the rules of this contest's them right now.

That being said, the hosts like the idea of a contest of strictly LGBTQ+ artists, and it may in used in the future, but for now I'm keeping the rules I set in place.

Thank you!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!