This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Jury Questioning

Topic » Jury Questioning

2529 days 22 hours ago
AndThenThereWasOne
@BRADY

ANSWER: I'm honestly surprise to hear you say that you didn't trust me Brady, because that elite 3 was the thing that I trusted in the most, so fair credit to you in making me trust you more than you trusted me. I detail in my speech that Andrew and I got to the end but not in equal weighting. I'd like to address what you say about representing this season. It's important to me I do that.

Brady, at final 13, and I've found the confessional I said,
"Brady is the most important person to me in this game. It's strategic and emotional for me."

It's strategic because you and Andrew were my main men along with Erik/Mearl, but it was emotional because you gave me everything in my Cmack journey. You saved me in the first vote in my first season, gave me a strong alliance, and were a crucial part of that victory. I felt like I owed you this season and so I was not going to turn my back on you.

For us, having played in these two seasons (my only two seasons), we are a very personal part of eachother's narratives as players. I think because of this, I,  as a winner represent you and your own story the best. Yes you may have liked Andrew more and loved his underdog journey, but for us to come full circle after what we've been through and for me to *earn* your vote, would be a wonderful ending to Cmack's series. For the elite 3 to have done it, even if I was the vessel, TWICE in one generation? That is a worthy conclusion to a criminally badass game that we all played.
2529 days 22 hours ago
AndThenThereWasOne
Christian and Gaia's questions will be answered later tonight for me as they require a bit more detail.

Gaia, do you seriously want me to answer the marijuana question? I'm legitimately the biggest fucking straightedge on the planet. If I answer that it'll have to be RESEARCHED and that's even lamer than not knowing even one strain name :L
2529 days 21 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
Yes Rhys I want you to do it. Leafly.com is your guide
2529 days 21 hours ago
Mearl
Alright now that everyone answered:

I'd like to start off by congratulating Andrew and Rhys on making it to the final tribal council. One of you will be getting my vote tonight, not because you've been on my tribe the whole game but because you both never cheated (and weren't outright complete douches to people). Cmack may have given his (light) penalty but I feel it is the jury's decision whether or not to condone that kind of "mistake". i've only seen this happen once before, where somebody who cheated made it to the final tribal council, and the cheater may have played the best game of the finalists but the jury stepped up and made a point that cheating shall not be tolerated and perhaps the only way to stop people from continuing to cheat is to hold them accountable. At the end of the day I hold the integrity of the game, and how you treat others, as two of my top concerns and while these are usually not issues in most seasons they certainly come into play tonight.

Alright, Rhys and Andrew.... I'll be honest. I saw you both as threats from day 1. You were two people that I thought "if I have a chance to take this person out ASAP I will do it". However you  were both well placed in the game and nobody ever seemed to want you guys out. At the end of the day I did enjoy working with both of you though and I'm glad we made it as the final Sabogas even if it didn't end the way I wanted it to.

Now here is how I perceive your games:

Rhys- You are a charmer. I noticed that Day 1 about you. Charmers scare me because you usually aren't only trying to charm one person. You were good at making bonds from what I saw. You just about always had you finger on the pulse of the game. Perhaps one of your biggest weaknesses was your time zone. I didn't think you adapted well at the tribe swaps or the merge, but perhaps you being here prove that there was a lot I didn't know about.

Andrew- It was early on in this game that I felt like you had your hand in every Saboga cookie jar. Every time people added me to a group it seemed like you were there as well. I got the feeling that you were controlling the game early on even though you weren't the vocal person behind the votes. You would try and subtly talk to people one on one to change the vote to your liking. I told people on a few occasions that you are sly and sneakily good. However perhaps thats also your biggest weakness. In talks with the jury people don't see what you did in this game. When you write a long two post speech people aren't going to read it and there is a good chance that they still don't know what you did.

I was planning on coming here voting for somebody that didnt play an UTR game.  But that doesnt seem to be an option. Some people came into this game, as me, and were targeted from the start and playing that game is a lot harder than playing UTR.. coming from someone that used to play UTR and make it to the end a lot.... and it shows to be true here as well. Only one of the three of you were a target and you did that to yourself by being the target for the wrong reason.

So my vote is still up in the air. So I'm going to ask a plethora of questions. Please keep answers concise.

ANDREW & RHYS:

1. Do you think my view of you as a game player was correct? Where am I wrong?
2. Do you think my view of your opponent as a game player is correct?
3. What was YOUR biggest move in the game. What plan did you orchestrate that put things in motion to get you here?
4. After playing with me I want you to analyze my game style. What are my weaknesses, what are my strengths.

Good luck
2529 days 21 hours ago
jbmbb11
First off I do want to give a sincere congratulations to all three of you. This was a super difficult season with some amazing gameplay, and you three were the only ones to survive it all. So well done.

Alex: You and I were very close for a good chunk of this game. I did turn around and try to get you out, but I’m glad at least one of us ended up in the FTC. You definitely might get my vote tonight, but it’ll take more than us being friends/allies for you to earn it. My question for you is, when you reached out to me early on asking to be my ride or die, how sincere was that, and did you ever plan to vote me out?

Andrew: I was so mad at you when you voted me out, because I really did feel like we made a connection in this game, so it hurt a little, and I thought you made a huge mistake. You proved me wrong by getting to the final 3, and I totally understand why you made the move now. And I respect it. So, well done for being one of the first people to see me as a threat and do something about it. I’m not promising that you have my vote, but know that if you don’t get it, it definitely isn’t because you voted me out. If anything, leading the charge to get me out helps your case in my opinion. I would like to know from you, how long had you been thinking about getting me out? Were you against me the whole time, or was it a recent thing?

Rhys: Probably my favorite person to talk to. You made a great relationship with me, and I think people underestimate that. I honestly started to view you as a friend. A lot of people think you didn’t do much, but I think you just played a quiet game, and clearly it worked because you’re in a seat that all of us wanted to be in. So I have to send some respect your way for that. You also may get my vote. However, I told you I was going to ask for it. I want your explanation of why you went along with the plan to vote me out.

I also have three questions for all 3 finalists tonight:

1)        I want you to compare your own game to the game of each jury member. For each comparison, say if you thought your gameplay was better or the jury member’s gameplay was better, and explain why. And don’t say “mine was better than everyone’s because I got to the end and they didn’t.” I want specific comparisons. This is my way of gaging how aware each of you are about what was going on around you.

2)        Going back to the final 6 tribal council. I play my idol and Andrew goes home (since he got 2 votes that tribal). Walk me through how you think the rest of the game plays out from there.

3)        Someone asked me this in the final tribal where I won, and I always loved the question, so now I’m posing it to you three. Compare yourself as a game player to an any animal, and explain your choice.

I know this is going to be a lot of writing, but you gotta work if you want my vote! Again guys, I’m really not bitter. My vote is open tonight. I haven’t decided on anyone and I haven’t ruled anyone out. Best of luck to you all :)
2529 days 19 hours ago
Snails
@ CHRIS - Rites of Passage

[27]: James S(jamessmith5){1st Voted Out, 7-1-1}(Saboga)

I never knew James because we weren’t on the same tribe, and I’d never met him before this game.  I guess it’s just unlucky that he was the first boot. 

[26]: Dana M(TotsTrashy){2nd Voted Out, 4-3-2}(Chapera)

Unfortunately, similarly to James I never got the chance to get to know Dana.  She seemed like a fighter, which may have ultimately been why she was voted out so early.

[25]: Patricia S(patriciasigmond){3rd Voted Out, 5-3}(Saboga)

I really wanted to get a chance to work with Patricia, and I think that may have happened if she had made it to the swap. 

[24]: Rich M(Zed55){4th Voted Out, 4-3}(Saboga)

Rich was definitely someone who I was worried about coming in.  I think he would have been able to make some moves and play a strong game if he had just had the opportunitiy to go a little further.

[23]: Cameron X(DrPepsi){5th Voted Out, 8-1}(Mogo Mogo)

Cameron was the first person eliminated that I had the chance to play with.  I wsh he would have been more active because I would have loved to get to know him.

[22]: Ray G(GentlemanG){6th Voted Out, 5-2-1}(Mogo Mogo)

I LOVED Ray in the Gen 1 alliance chat.  He was funny and that chat made me happy because no one was being too uptight about the game.  I just wish Ray wouldn’t have tried to flip so early.  I think we definitely could have worked together further on if we had just all stuck together. 

[21]: Alan B(alanb1){7th Voted Out, 3-2-0*}(Chapera)

Alan was the first casualty of an idol.  This was just before the swap so I never had a chance to get to know them. 

[20]: Ethan H(Ethan000){8th Voted Out, 6-4}(Chapera/Saboga)

Honestly what a blindside.  Ethan had to have been a pretty big threat to have been taken out before Nick.  I was sorry to see him go.

[19]: Shadi C(Chastain){9th Voted Out, 3-0*}(Saboga/Saboga)

Another idol play and another blindside.  Shadi was probably playing a pretty good game to be blindsided the way they were. 

[18]: Alex M(RShowFreak){10th Voted Out, 7-2-1}(Chapera/Mogo Mogo)

I respect Alex a LOT. He and I played together so much Gen 1.  We made a final 2 together and he was the first person I would turn to for an alliance in returnee seasons.  He made the final tribal council FIVE times within the first 13 seasons that Carl hosted.  Honestly amazing.  And that is why I needed him gone as early as possible.  That and not having skype really isn’t helpful in these games. 

[17]: Jonas M(mistiksaint){11th Voted Out, 8-1}(Chapera/Mogo Mogo)

Honestly, Jonas wasn’t super active which is why he got the unanimous vote.   It’s unfortunate that I couldn’t get to know him a bit better.
2529 days 19 hours ago
Snails
[16]: Andrew T(turney1805){12th Voted Out, 4-3-1-1}(Chapera/Mogo Mogo)

I liked Andrew, but he was probably going to be a threat if he made it to the second swap or to the merge.  He is just a good player.

[15]: Crae U(Craeola){13th Voted Out, 7-2-1}(Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo)

Bitch I am so angry Crae got out 15th.  Crae is the reason I returned this season.  He has been one of my good friends for 4 years now. I was really unsure about playing this season since it had been over 4 years since I played one of Carl’s games.  I ultimately agreed to play so that Crae and I could play a game together, so I was really upset when he went out 15th.  I think it may have ultimately been beneficial to me that he went out before the merge, because I definitely would have been loyal to him, and when he went it kind of freed up my game.  Nonetheless, I would have preferred to have been sitting at the final 3 with him.

[14]: Nick O(Brandt69){14th Voted Out, 5-3-1}(Mogo Mogo/Saboga/Saboga)

I really liked Nick, and when Ray flipped on Jayson, I convinced the alliance to vote out Ray instead of Nick because I honestly wanted to keep working with Nick.  So I was really surprised and frustrated when he got mad at Crae and me when Ray was voted out.  He definitely brought a lot of spunk into the game after the first swap. 

[13]: Brady S(bradyspaulding16){15th Voted Out, 11-2-1}(Saboga/Saboga/Mogo Mogo/Chaboga Mogo)

I wanted to work with Brady. I really did. He and I talked every once in a while before the merge, and I had hopes he and I could work together.  Unfortunately, he was the only person everyone agreed on to vote out at merge, so I felt like I needed to it just to save myself.  Definitely someone who had the potential to go the distance. 

[12]: Erik N(YoundAndReckless){16th Voted Out, 7-5}(Saboga/Saboga/Mogo Mogo/Chaboga Mogo)

Erik is someone else who I wanted to work with.  He and I talked before the merge and I thought I could work with him.  Unfortunately, I was on a road trip the whole day of that tribal, so I got online to a big mess, and no one from his side approached me so I had to stay loyal to Mogo Mogo at that point.  He was a big player who was ready to make some big moves, and I think if he could have gotten Jayson out at final 12 then he may very well have been sitting in the final 3. 

[11]: Mearl E(Mearl){17th Voted Out, 7-3-1}(Saboga/Saboga/Saboga/Chaboga Mogo)

Good at challenges. 

[10]: Jayson S(BBlover96){18th Voted Out, 5-5/5-3}(Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo/Chapera/Chaboga Mogo)

I love Jayson. He is someone else I played a lot with in Gen 1. I He was a great person to be in an alliance with because he was just fun to talk to.  It was great to be able to just forget that we were in an alliance chat and just talk about whatever and goof off.  Even though he would probably have taken me out eventually, I wanted him to go far.  I stopped having as much fun playing the game once Jayson left.   

[9]: Austin E(hinata0014){19th Voted Out, 5-4}(Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo/Saboga/Chaboga Mogo)

Austin came in ready to play the game, and he made the first big move post merge by voting out Jayson.  I would have liked to work with Austin more because I was so loyal to Mogo Mogo.  He was definitely playing a pretty good game.
2529 days 19 hours ago
Snails
[8]: Wyatt A(aiwfwyattroh){20th Voted Out, 3-3-0*/4-2}(Chapera/Saboga/Saboga/Chaboga Mogo)

Wyatt is someone I respect a lot.  He and I never spoke, but that was simply because I knew I would eventually have to write his name down, and it kills me to vote for people who I feel like I’ve made a connection with.  He went out in a crazy tribal council, but I think if I had gone instead of him then he would have had a great shot at winning the game. 

[7]: Chris D(Gaiaphagee){21st Voted Out, 3-3-1/3-2}(Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo/Chaboga Mogo)

Chris, you were someone I trusted a lot.  We spoke one on one a bit at the very beginning of the game, and I genuinely enjoyed our conversations.  The only reason I stopped talking to you one on one is because we were talking so much in the alliance chat, and I was so extremely loyal to Mogo Mogo that I felt like I didn’t need to have side chats with all of you.  You made one of the biggest moves of the game by playing the vote steal AND moving the vote off of Christian and onto Wyatt due to Christian’s idol.  I voted for you because at that point I was being told by Jordan that it was the only way to keep me safe.  The revote was the hardest decision I had to make this game.  I ultimately voted you out because it scared me that you had voted with Austin and Christian.  I was worried about them gaining leverage in the game, and I thought I might end up on the bottom.  It really hurt me to vote for you, but that’s because I consider you a friend now, and because I really wanted Mogo Mogo to make it to the end. 

[6]: Jordan M(jbmbb11){22nd Voted Out, 4-2}(Mogo Mogo/Mogo Mogo/Chapera/Chaboga Mogo)

Jordan was playing an amazing game.  He was able to play both sides beautifully.  He really had me believing that he and I would go to the end together.  I have no doubt that if he were sitting here in the end he would probably be getting a hefty majority of the votes.  I think it’s lucky that others saw how threatening he was. 

[5]: Christian B(Christian_){23rd Voted Out, 3-1-1}(Chapera/Saboga/Chapera/Chaboga Mogo)

Christian played a phenomenal game up until the very end.  Between immunity wins and his social connections he was poised to make the end.  He almost made a move to save himself by getting people to vote for Ausitn when he had the legacy advantage.  I was fortunately able to realize what was happening and move the vote back onto Christian.  He was an impeccable player but also a great person.  I really wanted to work with Christian and he really had me fooled that he would be willing to work with me.   At the second swap we talked so enthusiastically about the moves we could make together after the merge.  He had me fooled.  It seemed like he and I could just never line our games up to the point where we could work together long term.  I wish we could have. 

[4]: Austin G(Spinner554){24th Voted Out, 3-1}(Chapera/Mogo Mogo/Chapera/Chaboga Mogo)

Austin was a fighter.  He fought until the very last second.  I would have given him my vote in an instant if he had made it to the final 3 which is why I knew I needed to vote him out.  He won immunities, played advantages, made up that it was a final 2 and not a final 3.  He fooled Rhys and Andrew with the legacy advantage.  He played the game masterfully.  I just wish he and I could have formed a relationship outside of the game.
2529 days 19 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
Thanks Alex for rites of passage
2529 days 19 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
Also for the marijuana question, no duplicate strains. There are an abundance of different strains so you should have no problem
2529 days 18 hours ago
AndrewWeltner
hey everyone just got out of school im about to read this all and give answers :)
2529 days 18 hours ago
AndrewWeltner
What I'm going to begin doing is revising my speech into something readable because I know that nobody truly wants to read that much. What i will do is give a shorter version of how I viewed my game. I know that my game wasn't perfect, and I also know that I wasn't also in control. What I can say about my game is that I played the game I wanted to play to the best of my ability. In the original Saboga, I took control because I wanted to set myself up for the rest of the game. In doing this I kept the bigger targets in the game, and took out who I thought would play a game that was similar to mine. This proved true in the first tribe swap because when the minority played an idol, I knew I wouldn't have been considered as the person to go home. Going into the second swap, what I had worked on payed off because bigger targets were looked at to go home, and those people always had an open argument in the game's chat before going home.
Come the merge I did my best to play the middle, and I know as people who stuck with one side for the majority of the game, it's not something you like. But as gameplayers I hope you can see that it was best for me in oder to keep the shots firing away from myself. The end of the game is where I wanted to shape things, and is where I helped to take out the 4 biggest jury threats in the game in a row.
My game was not flashy, nor was it outgoing, but that's how I set myself up to play. The beginning of the game is where I did my work to get to the merge, which you all can not see because you were on other tribes. I'm sure any Saboga member could tell you that I had a giant say in votes, but only by changing people's minds who were more adamant about saying what they wanted to happen. That is what my game has been, it has been teaming up with big players for short amounts of time to help benefit myself, and I hope that is something that you, the jurors, can see and appreciate.
2529 days 17 hours ago
AndrewWeltner
NOW

Since Rhys has seemed to try and throw my game to the side very passive aggressively, I think I will do the same. We all know Rhys, he's the lovable guy next door, and we all know that he clearly had a strong social game. But, what is being said right now about him influencing my decisions is completely incorrect. The 'big move' that Rhys says he made was geting rid of Chris. What I don't understand is how that was at all a move that can be contributed fully to him. Also, him saying that it was not in my best interest to vote for Chris is incorrect as well, because me and Chris had a falling out over him targeting me around the final 10, and was someone that I lost trust in just before. Rhys can also not say that he swayed my decision, because I had my vote locked for Chris as soon as I saw the revote, instead what Rhys did was come to me and beg for my vote, while spilling as much information as he knew and bullsh*t about our relationship as possible. The Chris vote should be seen as nore of a win for me, specially since the very next vote I was able to get Rhys to vote out Jordan, who he has openly said in his speech was someone that he both trusted and wanted in the game. And to say that I did not put the effort into the game is completely incorrect. Just because I wasn't using my social abilities to kiss people's butts on their way out the door doesn't mean I was constantly thinking about what my next move should be. And finally Rhys, your name, at least in my eyes, did not compare to some of the names in this jury in terms of having a giant target on your back. Thank you for trying to take credit for things now, but I expect the jury to see through your attempt to once again trick them into thinking that you had any impact on the strategic portion of your game, as your one attempt to make a move to hurt my game actually helped it. Also, thank you for calling me unbearable to talk to. :) Shows me and hopefully the jury that you truly aren't an angel.
2529 days 17 hours ago
AndrewWeltner
AUSTIN G

"Andrew is probably getting my vote. Honestly, you didn't do that much either. All you really did was flip and I mean I ~guess~ that is somewhat like making a move but all you really did was follow the other side. But, because the other 2 sucked so much at this game, unless Rhys can blow my mind with his answer I'm voting you to win. "

I know that my game wasn't flashy or perfect, and I am the first one to admit that. But I am pleased that you at least see that in order to stay clear of being a target, I needed to worked with certain people, but only for certain portions of the game. Thank you for considering voting for me.
2529 days 17 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
Alex I got a question for you. This won't really affect my vote, I just want to see things from your view. Andrew and Rhys both are taking credit for my vote off. Which of these two played the bigger role? If it was neither and you think the key player in that move was you, feel free to explain that side of things.

open group

Cmack's Survivor(2010-2017)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!