Not the First Noel
Posts 726 posts
I was a skeleton...
Nov 26, 2016
- ...but now I'm not!
I miss some of you!
So, what's new?
Feb 6, 2015
- Tell me EVERYTHING!
March Madness for a CURE!
Mar 18, 2014
- Hi all! It's been a while, but I thought I'd pop on to post about my annual March Madness pool for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society since many of you have done it in the past. Here are the details -
Once again, I'm hosting my March Madness Pool! $10 per bracket (fill out as many as you want)! Half of the amount raised will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help save the lives of people suffering from blood cancers and the other half will go to the winner.
Your winnings will come in the form of a gift card - amazon.com, iTunes, you choose!
Here's how to join:
Join my Sports Pool at PoolHost.com.
1. Donate $10 (per bracket) to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - you can do so by cash, check or Paypal @ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Y5B76ETHXA5G4
2. Create a user account at http://www.poolhost.com/ if you don't already have one.
3. Login and go to User Tools->Join a Private Pool
4. Choose March Madness Bracket Challenge
5. On the next page, enter this info to join my pool:
POOL LOGIN: NoelSarahTNT
POOL PASSWORD: goteam
6. Email me at NoelSarahTNT@gmail.com to let me know you've done this.
7. Make your picks before the first game starts on Thursday, March 20! At noon on 3/20, all brackets that haven't been paid for will be deleted!
8. Let the games begin!
Don't know anything about basketball? Don't worry too much - random guesses often fare just as well as educated picks! And if you just want to make a donation, that's great too! (My official LLS donation page for the Marine Corps Marathon should be up later this week, but you can donate via Paypal now!)
Be sure to invite your friends and family - the more people who play, the more money you can win!
Thanks so much for supporting this great cause... and GOOD LUCK!
Questions? Email NoelSarahTNT@gmail.com. Not sure if I'll check my mail here before Thursday.
Happy New Year, Tengaged!
Dec 28, 2013
- I hope you're all doing well. Anything new around here?
Names for my Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Run
Apr 18, 2013
- A couple of you had messaged me, asking me to run in honor or in memory of your family members who have suffered from cancer. My race is next weekend, so I'm trying to get my names together and such! Can you do me a huge favor and EMAIL me the names at NoelSarahTNT@gmail.com so I don't have to search my tengaged mail for your messages? Thanks!
Another great cause (and gift giveaway!)
Apr 18, 2013
- Hi all! Sorry I haven't been around much lately - I've been busy with planning an auction for work (more fundraising), training for my race that's next weekend and suffering from annoying allergies!
Anyway, I wanted to share the message below with all of you. The American Cancer Society is an amazing organization that does a lot great work toward curing all types of cancer. As my dad continues to fight prostate cancer, I support all organizations that work toward finding a cure!
Frankie and I have been through ups and downs, but for as long as I've known him, he's been working hard to support the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life, so I hope you'll read his message below and consider supporting his fundraiser (and you can win a gift)!
On behalf of all of us who are hoping and praying for a cure every day, thank you for doing this, Frankie!
It is me, Frankie aka A_La_fac
As some of you may know I am the A**hole that most of you dislike, but for those who do know me you know I do a lot of volunteerism and charity fundraising at NAU. One of my biggest charity fundraisers being for the American Cancer Society and the RELAY FOR LIFE.
Every April for the past 6 years I have done the Relay For Life whether it has been at my high school or University in honor of my Uncle Bruce, Aunt Janet and Grandmother, all of whom have been affected with cancer.
This event has meant more to me then any of the charities I help with each year and every year for the past 4 years now I have and am asking for support from the Tengaged Community. And for the past 4 years I have been rather successful having such donors as Emmaleigh, Alegeeter, Diva1, NoelSarah, Amartin, Dools, Iampaxton and others as well.
Although I am farthest from being liked on this site I always ask that we put our differences aside for this remarkable charity and try to help out as much as we can. And although I cannot offer a T discount if you donate like Noel could with her charity I am able to offer 3 chances to get a gift.
Amartin, Dools and Diva1 have all offered to donate one gift to this event in which a Random.Org will occur (Random'd by Amartin and not myself so it does not seem like I pick my favorites) so that 3 people who donate will receive a gift to either keep for themselves or give to someone else.
Much more then the gifts you should donate if you can for the cause itself, cancer research is a huge thing in our day and age and the money raised goes right towards finding treatments and such to cure cancer!
So here is how this Gift-Giveaway works:
To donate you go to the donation link below and click the "DonateNow" link and then go through the steps and fill out the necessary information. Once the donation is made it will show up on my team page in which you can type your tengaged username or the name of a user you want to be entered in your place. If you want it to remain anonymous simply take a screenshot of your confirmation email and I will enter you into myself.
The drawing will take place on April 20 but please get your donation in before my event tomorrow (9 p.m. EST on Friday, April 19).
Please remember a donation of any sort is awesome and that your money is going right to a worthy cause! And remember to think for the cause rather than the person!