This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Top 13: Performances & Results!

Topic » [S8] Top 13: Performances..

1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Brandon: You are so talented, and I genuinely believe you will go extremely far in this competition because talent is talent the only thing I worry about is if these judges will be so picky they not like your performance because your not speaking English instead of judging the voice, so that’s all I have to say you did a fantastic job with this one Son.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Drake: *standing ovation* YOU BETTER SING GIRL, like I don’t care if that performance was almost 6 minutes long I was thoroughly entertained throughout and you didn’t just bring a performance, you just brought a whole fucking show to us during this performance and you honestly just came to say, “I’m staying right here in this competition.” Like holy fuck I can’t believe you kept me engaged through the whole performance, you are honestly a star. Some of the things that did hinder me is foreign language, if I don’t understand it I can’t fully understand the story of the song, and I found myself disengage from the performance to read the subtitles so I knew the gist of the song. Also I felt it got a little repetitive during the song, and I felt the choir was completely unneeded since your voice carried a lot and it would be so powerful without it. Honestly this was such a great performance, and if you land anywhere near the bottom I’m questioning it.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Eddie: *smiles* No. Just no. If you’re going to have a 5+ minute performance, you need to keep me attentive for all 5+ minutes. The first half of the song honestly bored me to death and felt very karaoke and cheesy, especially with the choir. Even the beginning of the second half was super boring. The ending was oversung and became annoying and also felt screechy at times. I don’t know why the audience was crying. I was just rolling my eyes. I just don’t see a star in you.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Maelyn Jarmon “Wait For You”
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Aili James: *STANDING OVATION AND CLAPS AND DANCES ALONG* Honestly, I love this performance of yours because it shows a more fun side of you and you’re just singing your heart out there and having the time of your life! You are pitch perfect and the way you sing just always touches my heart and your voice is so mesmerizing Maelyn! It’s honestly unfair to sound that good!
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Brandon: Okay, I see you didn’t come to play this first week. Maelyn vocally, you delivered great vocals throughout, and I think this was a good way to kick your season off.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Brandonh1
You guys are looking for any little thing I swear but I digress
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Drake: Okay so Maelyn I’m going to get accused of being too harsh on you but I honestly can’t help it because that’s who I am as a judge, at least I can’t give you a 6 anymore. This performance isn’t really exciting to me in my honest opinion, but I find that to be a curse of all performances of the original songs people make on the voice. I haven’t really heard one strong original song performance yet so I can’t really blame anyone for that except the producers of the show. It was just very meh compared to the things I know you can do with your voice, and how hypnotizing it is, like I know you can do so much better, and I feel as though this is very middle of the road. I know you have great things to come in the future so if you don’t get eliminated in this round, which I highly doubt you won’t, I can’t wait to see them.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Eddie: *stands and claps* I’m gonna start out with my sole critique and that is the song choice. I know it was an original and I know The Voice originals are usually bad. This song was just very repetitive and nothing special. But guess what Maelyn!? You were given what you got and you CRUSHED IT!!! This was simply beautiful and the vocal was completely on point! Amazing work and I can not wait to see what is to come in the future! I see a competitor and contender for the crown in you!
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Scarlett Lee “This Is Me”
.be
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Brandonh1
You guys are looking for any little thing I swear but I digress

For me, personally, I think everyone knows by now I always find it harder to connect to a foreign language song and compare it to an English song like I can connect to a song sung in English easier. For a foreign language song, it really has to grasp my attention from the beginning.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Aili James: Okay, so your voice wasn’t perfect in this by any means, but you really were feeling this song and felt connected to it and you even got emotional but I feel that may be your detriment as it made you sound vocally weaker. This is an incredibly hard song to pull off and I think you didn’t do it justice tbh Scarlett. Like it just felt like something was missing throughout, I was left a little underwhelmed.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Brandon: This is a tough song to pull off, but you did a great job with it.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Drake: Scarlett if I’m being completely honest here, this is my least favorite performance that you have out of all of them during The X Factor. I just felt there was a lack of something in this performance and I narrowed it down to energy in your voice or just you were faking the connection to the song. Like there just wasn’t enough power to carry you through the whole song, and the backing singers overpowered you a bit as well. I just didn’t feel any vocal support behind it and it just seemed like you were doing a karaoke version of the song which isn’t something I want to see personally. I’m sorry but I’m not really impressed with this performance.
1536 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Eddie: *claps* Oh I love The Greatest Showman’s soundtrack so I was very nervous for this especially when it started out just a tad shaky but I feel relieved to say that I think this justified by wildcard selection. Was this perfect? No. Will this get you to the top of the ranks this week? Probably not, but this will definitely keep you safe and it showed your potential once again for the future. Some of the belts were a little too much and the choir, at times, swallowed you, but that was leveled with some pretty great vocal moments and although some belts, as I said, were too much, others were simply beautiful. This was a solid, good performance!

open group

The Voice! - Winners At War 2!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!