This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council — Islands of Alchemy

Topic » Final Tribal Council —..

1521 days ago
Saftronbtr999
Welcome Nathan and Will to Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Islands of Alchemy

We'll now bring in the members of the jury: Christian, Grace, Natalie, Natasha, Kyle, Brian, Brady, Paul and Malachi voted out at the last tribal council.

Nathan and Will, you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say.

Once you have decided who to vote for please mail me your vote.

** Votes due by February 27th at 6:30 PM EST **

Reunion will be short after!

Good luck!
1521 days ago
gumball221520
*Walks in and sits on Jury side*
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3d4HwbrshOBZ8Y2dKY/giphy.gif

Impress me
1521 days ago
Nathan132
Hello Jury, I'm going to post an opening statement tomorrow in the early afternoon. It's been a long finale and I got to get up early in the morning. In the meantime I'll try to answer any questions. Good luck Will.
1521 days ago
waf96
Hey Jury! Opening statement for me will be up tonight - happy to answer any questions and good luck Nathan <3
1520 days 23 hours ago
waf96
Well here we are! It has been 3 crazy freaking weeks, and I am gonna start by honestly thanking Ian and Ethan for creating and running such a great season! I am sorry for always bothering you haha.

So it comes down to this - 2 people, 9 jurors, 1 winner - and I am sure a lot of you came in here ready to vote already, but I ask you read my game and hear about what was unseen.

I came in here with 3 main strategies
1. Keep strong in the tribal phase, and get to know as many people.
2. Build bonds with the larger players, and learn to play them to benefit your game unknowingly.
3. Do NOT win the first couple individual immunities, and then win them when you feel you need.

Looking back on my game I really feel I have done those all, and very well. This will be long, but there is still so much more. I played a very subtle game, but I hope reading this and looking back you will be able to see how my approach played perfectly from the start.

I came in here with a key ally, and one that NO ONE knew until the very end. The person I was working with from day 1 was BRIAN! Coming in Brian was a good friend and I KNEW we had to not become tied but that he was my partner. BUT Brian is a strong personality, and I knew being linked as his number 2 would cost me the game (shout out to Chillums survivor for teaching me that).

COMING IN - I quickly started to differentiate my game from Brians tho, knowing he was flashy and often the centre of things, I was going to get in with as many people as a loner. I quickly started working with Brady, and after the first tribe swap Natasha and Mal.

THE FIRST MOVE - The first time I started to use the sway I was building was when in or first tribal, I knew INSTANTLY I couldn’t trust Cadden and Chance. Chance was trying to play me as a newbie from the start. So I pushed the votes on Chance, making a very quiet but important first move in my game.  This was quickly followed by his partner, the only person who was onto me and Brian, Cadden.

FINAL 11 - But then very quickly we reached the merge! This is when it started, and quickly an old friend came back (Chris <3), I wanted to work with him but I also knew that with 11 people left me pushing to keep someone who was already out would make the waves I didn’t want. So while the merge tribe lines drew, Chris had to go as the last easy all together vote.

FINAL 10 - Now is when my game became very effective. Nathan, who I was ALSO with as of tribe 3, started talking about going after Brian. I knew that it was because he hasn’t spoken to Nathan so I got Brian to talk to Nathan and that was the start of our 3 person alliance. An alliance where on both sides I had their loyalty.

From their Brian proposed brining in Kyle and Paul, building a voting block made sense and would allow me and Brian to not be seen longer. Our final 5 didn’t start off too smooth tho because I quickly decided I wanted Grace gone as I was not close with her. However the others aimed for Natasha, someone who I liked and didn’t want going home. I got Nathan on board and then pushed Grace as a vote flipper slowly through the day. After the dust settled Grace went home.

FINAL 9 - With lines drawn, I knew I was in a great spot, knowing Brady and the Nat’s trust me. But in the last round Natalie proved to me she couldn’t be trusted by lying, so I knew easy in that Nat needed to go. I had to work a lot keeping brady and I still tight even tho we were on opposite sides of the game. This was a GREAT source of info as to where they land, and I was able to keep the target off Brady in our 5.

FINAL 8 - Natasha, I know you feel me voting you out was “SHEEP” like, but everything I did was about timing and a final 8 the way it was, knowing Kyle had an idol, was not the time. But I worked on getting Brian on board to get Kyle out the next round.  Kyle had taken too much power.

FINAL 7 - This was the vote that changed the game, I had been using Brian as a way to hear Kyle and Pauls more private strategy for a while. I knew Paul and Kyle brought up my name, so I started to look at how to get them out. I went to Brady, who in a move that wasn’t planned went to Kyle.

Kyle then came to our 5 chat after me and Nathan, but we worked hard and got X to calm the situation so we could finalize. Then Kyle started throwing out Mal and Bradys names and I knew if I told them Kyle leaked their stuff they would go against him. With those in lock I organized the vote of Kyle, yes this was an alliance move but the approach and day of strategy was my move and I truly believe it wouldn’t have happened without me and Kyle would be here,

FINAL 6 - This was the craziest round, and I will admit my biggest hiccup in the game. It was becoming clear Paul Brady and Mal got locked on Nathan. The options were to tie and go to rocks where me or Brian would go home 66%, or vote Nathan out and bring my closest ally into the final 5, but sadly at the cost of Nathan who I was close with.

Now CLEARLY that didn’t work out, yes this was not a move I saw coming, and in retrospect we should have kept votes. BUT I also realize that while I was bamboozled, it still saved me. Sadly it lost me my absolute rock, and I had betrayed my number 2.

Going into the finale tonight I had made my choice in how I would play it, I was going to win immunities and take out Paul, Brady and Mal if possible. I knew that since they lied about the Nathan vote I needed to play nice but go for them all.

I won 2 immunities tonight, when I pushed myself to try hard since it was do or die.

Now before it gets asked I will answer “WILL WHY DID YOU BRING NATHAN? YOURE GOING TO LOSE”

Brining Nathan was the harder choice, and as much as many people would want me to ditch him at the end. I wrote his name down once, for the wrong reasons, and I wouldn’t do it again. BUT I also do not think coming in the jury had seen that behind every move and shift, the one steering the target between the others was NOT Nathan but it was me.

I went to 12 tribals, was in on and steering the vote 11 times.

I received only ONE vote in the season, and despite being tied to everyone and every vote I avoided the target.

I won 2/9 immunities alone, and 5/8 with my tribe.

My game was imperfect as everyones is. But please look at the numbers of my game, look back at the votes and the shifts and who was there at EVERY turn, and look at how despite not holding any idols or advantages I was able to sway each vote to where I wanted.

I TRULY love and respect Nathan and he played a great game. I am not here to say otherwise. I am here however to show you what I was doing since day 1, and how over the last 3 weeks I have been the stronger force on votes, and kept strong personal bonds to keep my game relevant and informed.

Thank you to all nine of you on an amazing season - I legit loved the top 11 and I am so excited to see you all in all stars ;)

Now I will answer ANY question - Skype me too if you’d like - and goodluck in your choice <3

- Will
1520 days 23 hours ago
FireX
I think you had 2 votes. At tribal 5? I think
1520 days 23 hours ago
waf96
YOU ARE CORRECT! My bad - forgot Chance and Cadden were after me so they voted me! 3 votes overall!
1520 days 23 hours ago
gumball221520
I will ask question tomorrow!

But I would like to say one thing to you Will

For the vote that got Kyle out I don't think you can take credit for that vote. Me and Brady had a HUGE say so in that vote. You did not organize that vote.
1520 days 23 hours ago
waf96
The way the vote was planned was the joining of you Brady and the other 2. And then I got me and Brian on Paul incase the idol.

I don't think the execution was my credit at all and it was huge to get you and Brady in, but we were going to cancel Bradys vote and 3-2-1 kyle out without you folks voting him.

So what I meant was the plan to get Kyle out at 7 was pretty set before you and Brady came onto him, but the execution was absolutely everyone as a group!

Sorry didn't meant it to sound like that!
1520 days 23 hours ago
Kyle12212
I really wish Paul were here :(

Anyways I’m going to have a difficult time voting for either of you so I want yall to rank the jury 1-9 based on gameplay (1 being the best)
1520 days 22 hours ago
waf96
Hey Kyle! Rankings below - lemme know if you have any other questions.

1 - Brian - He was a huge target pretty much the whole way, yet kept himself going almost to the end. He had the right alliances, and knew how to balance relationships and competitions well.

2 - Brady - Brady played phenomenally, and the way Brady played those last couple rounds was AMAZING. Brady amazed me over and over as a player.

3 - Paul - An amazing game, a social BEAST. He could keep himself in good graces even when on the wrong side of the vote. A guy who knows how to play people.

4 - Kyle - 2 immunity wins, a strong but chill social profile, and a powerful ally in Paul. You had an amazing early and mid game that is easily among the best here.

5 - Mal - Mal played a really solid low profile game. He had a target on him but knew how to hop between voting blocks and keep himself always in good on the votes.

6 - Natalie - One of the strongest social players here, someone who easily would have gotten to the finals if you lasted another vote.

7 - Natasha - A challenge force (hardcore Parvarti vibes) and had a solid social partner. You were a really good player and you knew early in merge that Kyle and Brian were threats, super perceptive!

8 - Grace - I think she feel victim to offline absence, she is a great player and I could see her at the end, but her going quiet hurt her game and cost her it.

9 - Christian - Don’t think he ever got his legs going in this race, his fake idol bluff was a fun moment tho.
1520 days 15 hours ago
CoachWade
Yes preach Malachi! Yes Will like you did have the vote void but Kyle has said that he was playing the idol if that vote void was played so then it wouldn’t of worked for you guys most likely had me and Malachi not pick up on that.
1520 days 13 hours ago
waf96
He wasn’t going to play it if the void was on Mal or you which was the original plan, but yea absolutely after it came out that Kyle heard his name without us calming him down and the votes of you guys it wouldn’t of happened!
1520 days 6 hours ago
gumball221520
Well it's time for my questions!

Nathan- You were amazing in this game! You won immunities when you needed to even when your back was against the wall. Please tell me and the Jury why you deserve the win more than Will.

Will- A lot of people on this Jury says that you made a mistake taking Nathan to the F2. Can you please explain why you took Nathan when clearly he has a 1 up on you.
1520 days 6 hours ago
gumball221520
I will ask more questions epending on how fast you answer them XD
1520 days 6 hours ago
waf96
Will- A lot of people on this Jury says that you made a mistake taking Nathan to the F2. Can you please explain why you took Nathan when clearly he has a 1 up on you.

Hey Mal! Great question

So last night when I won immunity the second time it was a hard choice for sure, and I knew a lot of people thought of Nathan having led me. But I came in confident that, because of the key moments I put into place, that in almost all game aspects we were equal. We won the same amount of challenges, and we worked together the whole time. BUT without me pushing Brian and Nathan together the main 5 wouldn’t have formed, and I kept and held a lot of the cards that pushed both of our game. He might be seen as the stronger player coming into finale night but I was confident in my case and the game I kept close to the vest and no one knew.

On top of all that truthfully I promised Nathan I would. I played with him and we became very close, and voting him in the F6 wasn’t a move I wanted so I promised I would not write his name again.

LASTLY - I think in the F2 I have a harder time comparing our games Mal, having played with Nathan I knew despite how some people felt he had a one up, that we were a very fair fight. Bringing you was the unpredictable route and having burned bridges I wasn’t sure the jury would listen to my game as much as they would if I made the bolder choice of brining the perceived threat.

Happy to answer anything else!! Hope that answers your Q!

open group

Ian's Survivor

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!