This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

All Stars Week 2: Reporting At Scanditerranean?

Topic » All Stars Week 2: Reporting At..

1093 days 23 hours ago
nijoco
Eden's Comments:

Team Mediterranean

Overall, this was a fun piece of work; I think each of you took a different approach to your individual parts of the challenge and got very different results; for me this was the weaker of the two mockumentaries overall however and I will break down each you:

Maddox- So there’s 2 key parts to your bit. The first part about the Eiffel tower was good, you had some facts and some well placed jokes that did make me chuckled a little bit..i think you could have gone further with the city of love angle and French people are thought of as very passionate but this was ok. Your second half again has some good jokes but I have to point out, the tower of Pisa is in Italy and so for your section, this whole second half does not relate to the challenge you had! Your runway was cute- I loved the colours and you have a gorgeous model as always- be careful of items that blur towards the bottom.

Madame- So this was interesting, I liked that you brought Twinkies into your piece and you had some very clear Italian references and did give us some of those cultural elements. However, it almost felt as if you were having an interview with Twinkies and this was also a biopic about Twinkies wherein she was the main star of the show and not Italy itself. I know you did pull out landmarks and drew on fashion and art but it didn’t feel like a documentary per se. Your look is nice, there’s nothing staggering about it and the top half is kind of expected for summer but I like the variety at the bottom.

Lilla- So for me…this was the funniest and best developed section in your group. Right from the start you made a series of jokes that were funny and relevant to the place you were in. I think for people that didn’t know about Monaco, you really gave some level of education in a really satirical way and this clearly is a strength of yours- you covered food, culture, politics very well in short space of time. What I also love is that even if you threw in incorrect information, you did this on purpose and really played into the obscurity of Monaco rather than trying to cover it up and I found that so clever. I like your runway, the red is a gorgeous colour. I feel a similar vibe to your first look in this competition so I can’t wait to see more but this is a nice look.

Caia- I think there was excellent use of Spanish and your drawn out use of the diversity joke was great. After that, I don’t know what was happening, it went very flat, quite quickly but the important thing was, as brief as it was, you seemed to get in some good elements that covered food and culture and I think it was kept on the slightly funnier side by the accent you used throughout. The matador joke was very funny as well. You clearly can do better and it ended abruptly but what was there was fine. I love the humour and the brand in your runway, it’s hilarious and just takes me away to somewhere tropical.

Gemini- You a crazy ho. I have no idea what was actually going on, in these kinds of challenges, you have such a unique way to approach them but this was all over the place. I liked the playing dumb element you used with the reference to Rome and this was even funnier knowing another incorrect reference to Italy was used by Maddox. The joke about the repetition of names was quite clever as well but after that, we went straight to Zeus’ temple and then it ended. We didn’t learn anything else about Greece, this was more about you than Greece. I like your runway, you have good fashion sense and I really hope you keep pushing the Gemini brand into something really recognisable.

Team Scandinavia

Overall, y’all nailed this challenge. Each part had a unique identity to it, each of you clearly had your own style and the level of research and knowledge was really good and I could imagine this more successfully fitting together as 5 episodes on one long show or a series, feedback for each:

Ruby- This was a STRONG opener. What is obvious to me is that you did some research about Norway and really went STRAIGHT IN with some funny references about the Olympics and the sort of up-to-date aspects from COVID. You taught us about the geography, the expense and also the diversity of the country and I think you went to deeper levels of what the country actually is like, rather than just drawing on the biggest landmarks and facts. It was done tongue in cheek as well, good job. That look reminds of the norther lights and it’s absolutely gorgeous, very fashionable; you ooze class on the runway.

Plai- GIRL, I need to say, I was SHOCKED. I knew you could be a funny girl, but I wasn’t expecting this amount of pure personality. We learnt a lot about who Plai is as a queen, moreso  than I remember seeing when you were here before. You covered so many elements of Swedish life and I think gave tourists everything they might need to learn and to laugh! I was belly laughing at some of the jokes, the one about Abba and also the ice hotel, I was almost crying. I love how you blended it with pop culture as well. The summary at the end killed it as well, its was so funny honestly. Great job. I like this look- perhaps a very obvious root for something wintery but it was executed very well; the hair and teardrops give it a little extra.

Reality- Your part was good. In comparison to other members your group, yours was significantly shorter, I don’t mind overall but I would have thought if there was to be a less documented place, it would be Greenland. So it was short, sure…but it was funny! You did manage to explore a few cultural elements and you just got to the point quickly but did I learn about Denmark? I did a little bit; it ranged from politics to food and landmarks and you had some funny jokes- always love a good joke at Rube’s expense. This “Who doesn’t titillate at the thought of being subservient to a constitutional monarchy” is the best summary of a country, I cried”. Your runway was good- nothing special and I think ice queen is an obvious root to go, think outside the box moving forward.

T’Kay- The opening Joke about it being an icy country despite it’s name was funny, it was written in a way where I could SEE your disappointment lol. I liked the following joke about fish, you didn’t overplay this but you made your point very clearly and in a funny way. I love that you cut scenes and made clear moves around Greenland to showcase different places. I even life you tried to engage locals and made the jokes about the inhabitants being animals. You gave us a great view of this quite large, sparce county but didn’t make it sound boring. Runway: STUNNING.

Enobaria- Again, so funny. I like you way you staged the scenes and similarly to T’kay, you used the cut away to different areas to really good effects and I LOVED the ongoing struggle with pronouncing the names, because let’s face it, it’s realistic. I think the ongoing banter you has with Suzanne was funny and whilst it went back and forth, I don’t think it took away from the journey around Iceland and actually doing the research for the links between Atlantis and Iceland was great and gave the guide some sort of purpose I guess. Now, I don’t know WHY the ending was what it was but I didn’t see it coming and it made me laugh. Gorgeous retro runway, so artistic and visually striking.
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Zsa Zsa’s Comments:

Team Mediterranean: I will say that this group was very very interesting because I was torn throughout all of your mockumentaries. I would like one and then be confused with another and it was for sure a journey. So let me go to each of you individually.

Maddox: I think you really started off well! Like I was into the piece and I was thinking that is was going well, you had some funny jokes and I loved how you referenced the Eiffel Tower and made it personal to you. However, the Tower of Pisa is in Italy lool. I’m not sure if you did this purposefully or not as it was hard to tell! But even if it was, it paled in comparison to your first half. Your runway is good, I lovvveee the colours and your mug is great!

Madame Monroe: Initially when you started the mockumentary I was into it with Twinkies being in the scenes and I thought the idea and concept was really really strong. However, my problem is that it did not feel like a documentary, I was losing the documentary style at points and it also felt like Talian was the main focus on this piece which is fine but I wished more about Italy was showcased with you explaining it with jokes because the jokes you did have were funny but just not executed. Your runway I actually really like! The mug is right, I love the hair and I like the contrast from top to bottom!

Lilla: Now I did say I had problems with this group...but you were the exception! Lilla you really knocked it out of the park. This was exactly what I was expecting from you and you didn’t disappoint! It felt like I was watching/reading a documentary and it felt realistic like you could be doing this for your job!  I loved the part where you basically trashed Monaco for stealing cuisines from France and Italy lool! Now your runway is stunning but for me I’m not really getting summer? I think an explanation could’ve helped a little but as always, it’s gorgeous.

Caia Alexander: Caia this was good for me. I will say I did lose you at points but you pulled it back. I think your jokes were funny, they made me laugh, especially the matador joke and the Juan family joke! But sometimes I was wondering where it would go and I think the ending could’ve been stronger. Overall, it was good but I would’ve liked more! Your runway though, I live for! It’s just so camp and so you and I love it for that reason!

Gemini: Gemini you truly are unique when it comes to these challenges, you take them in a way in which nobody else does and sometimes it’s a positive but sometimes it can also be a negative. Sadly this time I feel like it didn’t work out in your favour. I liked your opening and was surprised with the humour you delivered! However, for me I just got lost towards the middle and it started to become more like a skit than a documentary. Your runway is gorgeous! I really love this and it’s definitely my favourite look of yours so far, well done!

Team Scandinavia: Now this is how you get it done! I will say that I didn’t find any of your mockumentaries bad and you all did a good job! Together you co-ordinated and produced 5 great pieces, well done!

Ruby Velvet: What a great start for your group Ruby! I loved how you formatted this as it was unique and different to everything I had read up to this point! I loved your opening jokes about Norway as they really made me laugh! I think that some jokes could’ve been stronger but your knowledge of Norway was really great and I can barely fault this! Your runway again is just...amazing! Like just fuck you for looking this good!

Plai Statión: Oh girl...talk about a SURPRISE!! When I tell you I was cackling from start to finish. This was so so good Plai! I was not expecting it but I honestly am doubting myself because I have no idea why I would even underestimate you! You had a well thought out concept and you executed it to near perfection! Like I have no faults and I will say that the girls should look out for you after this. Your runway is also a step up for me and is heading in the right direction! That hair is my favourite part though, I love it!

Reality Warped: I have to admit you were the weakest in your group. BUT and it’s a big but...you still made me laugh and kept me engaged! This was a good mockumentary and I do love a good read towards me! It was short which I didn’t have a problem with, I just think you could’ve added in more facts about Denmark that you could’ve taken the piss out of! Again, wish there was more but you got the job done! Your runway is good, I think it’s obvious but it’s nice.

T’Kay Runwae: Oh bitch, come through! You took me into the reality of your mockumentary immediately! I would pick a favourite moment but there were too many to choose from it was that thought out and funny! I loved your interaction with Joe the cameraman “FOR FUCK SAKE JOE!” Honestly amazing job this week T’Kay, you really brought this piece to life, there were scenes but in each scene you continued to give facts about Greenland which was great! Be sure to thank Joe for doing well this week! And then your runway....FOR FUCK SAKE IT’S STUNNING!

Enobaria: Yes yes and yes...that’s all I have to say! I loved the route you went with this because it felt like this was just a part of a whole series of mockumentaries in Iceland! Similar to T’Kay, as I feel you both had similar approaches to this challenge, I loved your interaction with Suzanne the camerawomen it was really fun! You took us on a journey and educated us that Iceland and Ireland are different countries at the same time lool! Amazing job! Then your runway, it’s simplistic but the details are so great! One word I’d use to describe this look is: Chic!
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Ladies, when I call your name please step forward...
Reality Warped...
You are SAFE. You may leave the stage and head to Denmark because...why not!
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Maddox
Madame Monroe
Lilla
Caia Alexander
Gemini
Ruby Velvet
Plai Statión
T’Kay Runwae
Enobaria

You all represent the tops and bottoms of the week...
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Plai Statión: This week you shocked us with your Swedish documentary...

Lilla: This week you rose to the occasion with your Monaco documentary...

Ruby Velvet: This week you educated us with your Norway documentary...
Plai Statión...
Lilla...
Condragulations you are the Top All Stars of the week!

Ruby Velvet you are SAFE (HIGH)!

You may all join Reality.
1093 days 22 hours ago
Macda27
Congrats Lilla you deserve it.
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Which means,

T’Kay Runwae with your Greenland documentary

And

Enobaria with your Iceland documentary
Condragulations! You are also the Top All Stars of the week!

That’s right we have a Top 4 this week because...it’s our show so deal with it!

You may both leave the stage!
1093 days 22 hours ago
nateclove
T'Kay: 😮
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Which means,

Caia Alexander
Gemini
Madame Monroe
Maddox

You represent the bottoms of the week, however, one of you is safe...
Caia Alexander...
You are SAFE (LOW)

Which sadly means that Gemini, Madame Monroe and Maddox you are up for elimination.
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
This is how it will work...

Enobaria, Lilla, Plai and T’Kay you will all Lipsync for your Legacy. The winner of the lipsync will choose which queen they want to save from the bottom 3. The remaining 3 queens will have all sent in their decision for who to eliminate out of the bottom 2. If all queens are in agreement then that queen will get the chop, if they are not in agreement then both queens will get the chop...JUST KIDDING LMAOO. If the queens are not in agreement then they must come to a collective decision on which queen to eliminate.
1093 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
Enobaria, Lilla, Plai, T’Kay the time has come to Lipsync for your Legacy, this is your chance to impress us and be declared as the ultimate winner of this week! Good luck and don’t fuck it up:

24 hours xoxo
1093 days ago
Gamerden13
*Plai walks up to her two makeup boxes*

This has been a tough decision, both in terms of who to save...
https://ibb.co/xGJgz94
https://ibb.co/8gGn3F5

...And too eliminate...
https://ibb.co/nnZh7jf
https://ibb.co/k9LP22f

...But I'm confident I'm going to be making the right decision.

Lipsync: https://youtu.be/vl8VOFRZIx0
1092 days 14 hours ago
nijoco
T'Kay Lipsync:

Lilla Lipsync:

https://media.giphy.com/media/U4pPermtmixoRS8t08/giphy.gif

Enobaria Lipsync:

1092 days 13 hours ago
nijoco
Well done ladies- you all gave us something....unique
Lilla, T'kay you are not the winners of this lipsync but you both slayed this week. Well done.
1092 days 13 hours ago
nijoco
Miss Station, you came to Plai girl
Enobaria- you brought the hunger to this game
Enobaria- you're a winner baby!
Plai Station, stunning week for you my queen. Go home and take a nice bath to treat yourself.

open group

✨Rubes & Joco's Drag Race! ✨

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!