This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Panel Twelve: Berl-In it to Win It

Topic » Panel Twelve: Berl-In it to..

2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin's Photo(to show I still got it~!)
http://viewmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/232-1000x1428.jpg

(I'm paying homage to one of German's many powerhouse male models; Andre Hamann!)

Welcome to the main stage of Ninjohn's Next Top Model! Tonight, there are eight models and, after this panel, there will only be seven continuing on in the hopes of becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model. You know our judges; the dancing bachelor of Tengaged, Adam Aladisco and your current freakin' reigning, Eric Haarer.

And please give a warm welcome to our extra special guest judge, Nena!
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ForthrightLimpIndianringneckparakeet-max-1mb.gif

Nena will be providing with the Face-Face-FACE Off song this week, so be sure to impress!

This week, you eight models were tasked with modeling in teams and come up with your own concepts to compete against each other with cohesive collections of photographs for your very first week overseas! Tonight, one of you will win this week's challenge and another one of you will be taking a longer than usual flight back...home.

Let's start the panel!
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Now, this week, you competed in teams. However, tonight, you will be judged... individually."
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "With that being said, if I call your name, please...step forward."
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Crystal Silvian. Judith Judassy. You two...are safe. Congratulations, you two are still in the running to becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model."
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "That means Corinna Hendrickx, Crystal Robins, Ember Moon, Melodie Quinn, Stanley Meeks and Tina Hamasaki, you six represent the best and the worst of the week."
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Alright, let's start critiques!"
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-CORINNA HENDRICKX-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ituATuajm_x_qqX2cPaBodhv4bHHFhqF

Corinna, let's start with your explanation. This is not just a note for you, this can apply to pretty much your whole team; in terms of the explanation, it got a bit repetitive when it came to referencing the same films and when it came to focusing specifically on a darker side of life in terms of what could be brought to cinema. So across your team it became a little predictable in terms of what could be expected from each submission. However, you did present it well and it was interesting to see what you thought of the subject that you modeled off of. And now, for your photo! I think its clear that you went for sort of a villainous play in your shot and that's definitely what you were going for. Out of the four photos on your team, yours is definitely on the end of being publishable today in a fashion magazine. If there was one word to describe this photo, it would be intensity. It just grabs your attention and doesn't let go of it. One thing that could be critiqued on it is the pose. Perhaps something a little more dramatic would've pushed this photo towards the moon but you definitely set out on a mission and you accomplished. And, according to your team, you were the most helpful and influential member of your entire team. And that actually surprised me a little but I'm pleasantly surprised that you were able to impress your competitors and emerge as a leader even within the team. Great work this week!

Nena: "Wow, you look great! ICH HANG' AN DIR! Buy I'M HANGIN' ON TO YOU on iTunes!"
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-CRYSTAL ROBINS-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e4/1f/0b/e41f0b5cef6a472dd831061f83e14d53--crazy-fashion-dark-fashion.jpg

Crystal, going into this week, you had high expectations on you to deliver as the winner of last week's challenge. On top of that you had the privilege of picking your own teams. Now, the main concern that was had of you was that you might have been overshadowed. Also, by the time of your submission, your teammates had already made similar references that it would be  difficult to stay on the front lines. However, you definitely brought the firepower to keep yourself on a good track. You did a good job staying consistent in the delivery of your team's theme and you also were smart in the way you didn't repeat the old song and dance that your other companions stated. In terms of your photo also, you did a good job in actually communicating a futuristic vibe without the use of many props. There are some aspects of the photo that could read a bit tacky but, for the most part, you kept up your momentum quite well. I'm glad we're able to see more of your talent this week!

Nena: "This photo brings me FEUER UND FLAMME! Buy FIRE AND FLAME on iTunes!"
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-EMBER MOON-
https://i.imgur.com/PfG9FgP.jpg

Ember, as you are the first of your team to be receiving critiques, I'll say something general that can apply to the whole team; this concept in the way that you all did it was actually a bit genius. Seeing each of you tackle a different aspect of something Germany is so well known was not only interesting in seeing your different approaches but you were all able to show something diverse and different in each of your photos and that was exciting. And, according to the team, you specifically were a crucial part in bringing this concept to life. Multiple people said that it was thanks to you that this concept turned out as well as it did so I think that in itself calls for a round applause. In terms of just the concept, I wish there was more to maybe link all four photos together, however, because I did ask for a cohesive collection and laying these four photos out, there's almost nothing that makes them fit together. But enough about that; let's talk about your photo. I hope at this point, it's very clear that a dancing photo is going to receive a very high eyebrow raise from me since this is the FIFTH dancing photo of the cycle. Reading your explanation up to the point of your photo was actually exciting; I was pretty hyped to see what you came up with. But this photo...is...well...the word that immediately popped into my head was "cheesy." This photo doesn't exactly read "model" to me and I feel like I could see this on a billboard for an early 2000 season of "So You Think You Can Dance." And, unfortunately, one of the panel members actually compared this photo to "literal trash." It feels over the top but it just doesn't read high fashion or in a modeling context and it just felt out of left field, not really connecting to Germany as much as it could have. Your explanation softened the blow of this and the panel could see what you were going for but it just didn't seem to be at the caliber that's needed at this point of the game.

Nena: "You're moving as FREI WIE DER WIND! Buy FREE AS THE WIND on iTunes!"
2142 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-MELODIE QUINN-
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d3/1f/66/d31f66b63e746685284878017a1d8f2f.jpg

Melodie, I'll begin with your explanation for your shot. I get that being the last person to submit for your team would not leave a lot left for you to expand about but I wish there was a little bit more than what we got. Maybe a personal thought about how you see silent films, maybe a piece of history that the other team members didn't inform us of, it would've added more meat and potatoes to that portion of the submission. As for the photo, the photo is interesting. The panel agrees that there's a story being told here and it looks like you're actually conveying something with this photograph. However, the male model is upstaging you in this shot a little bit and the attention is not as focused on you as you may have wanted. And, this week, your team actually said that you were the weakest link and I do think it shows in this photograph; it doesn't feel like the same collection as the other three and I you yourself acknowledged that you could've worked with your team a bit better. This week may be judged individually but with other people doing the same category as you, you were very outshined and the group's too thin to let that be in your way.

Nena: "You look like an ENGEL DER NACHT! Buy ANGEL OF THE NIGHT on iTunes!"
2142 days ago
ninjohn
-STANLEY MEEKS-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/46/e4/5746e4ae92078f3fee4f88fe7db66e52--alex-box-large-photos.jpg

Stanley, as the first member of your team to submit, you had to kick off with a bang. And oh boy, bang, you certainly did. Your presentation actually taught the panel something about Germany, which is almost the pinnacle of what the challenge could be. You definitely found what fit for you in this challenge and you worked it to a pulp. Your photo definitely was reminiscent of what you've described as "stag films." And looking back at what you said, one line stuck out; creating a mood without any exaggerated props or pieces. This photo does not take much but it works so well with what you said and what you presented, it was a great way to kick off the team challenge this week.

Nena: "I'll call you if I need to use a ZAUBERTRICK! Buy MAGIC TRICK on iTunes!"
2142 days ago
UnicornChicken
Wooo! I was really concerned for a second there.
2142 days ago
ninjohn
-TINA HAMASAKI-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/4c/d9/4b4cd9df6060014bf20453f278740130.jpg

Tina, I'll go in reverse order for you; this photo is a wonderful and great shot. There's something so sultry about this and it definitely relates to artwork, which was what you were going for. I think even if I just saw this without knowing, I would know this is your picture. This is very much your aesthetic and you look beautiful. However, this falls apart in just about every other place on the report card. In terms of your presentation, it felt very...rushed. It just felt like "Oktoberfest! Beer! Now ART!" And after such a good few rounds of interesting comments from you, this is just a hard revert back. On top of this, the majority of the team said you were very hard to work with because you lacked communication. It's just a bit shocking because this week, I thought you were capable of so much more.

Nena: "Is this DER ANFANG VOM ENDE? Buy THE BEGINNING OF THE END on iTunes!"
2142 days ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Alright, the judges and I have seen enough. And I myself have made some...decisions."
2142 days ago
ninjohn
Nin: "

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. For this week, you, Corinna Hendrickx, are out to usurp.

Crystal Robins. In this week's challenge, you went back in the past to go forward in time and found yourself exactly where you needed to be.

Stanley Meeks. In black and white, your photoshoot still coloured the panel impressed."
2142 days ago
ninjohn
...Nin: "Crystal Robins, congratulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!"

Nena:
https://media.giphy.com/media/WQO31bQhccekM/giphy.gif

Nin: "You've won a pivotal advantage in the next week's challenge! Corinna, Stanley, congratulations; you're all still in the running to becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model!"

open group

Ninjohn's Next Top Model 7!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!