This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Panel Ten: A Word from Our Sponsors

Topic » Panel Ten: A Word from Our..

2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin's Photo(to show I still got it~!)
https://78.media.tumblr.com/a3bbb90bc0c5a5f5b4d1ec8646839fcd/tumblr_oj7pafriYp1rx03eko1_500.png

Welcome to the main stage of Ninjohn's Next Top Model! Tonight, there are ten models and, after this panel, there will only be nine continuing on in the hopes of becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model. You know our judges; the dancing bachelor of Tengaged, Adam Aladisco and your current freakin' reigning, Eric Haarer.

And please give a warm welcome to our extra special guest, Lee Sunmi!
https://78.media.tumblr.com/8f5483a57d8c10209206d2826f8b8662/tumblr_p50uca6iGN1tsqtheo1_500.gif

Taeyon will be providing with the Face-Face-FACE Off song this week, so be sure to impress!

This week, you ten models were tasked with competing in the annual "Billboard" challenge; embodying the top ten songs of today! Each of you were assigned a song and were faced with embodying the meaning of it! Tonight, one of you will win this week's challenge and another one of you will be going...home.

Let's start the panel!
2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Now, if I call your name, please...step forward."
2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Corinna Hendrickx. Crystal Robins."
2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "You two...are safe."
2152 days 18 hours ago
DrG2
cant wait for my 9th safe streak
2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "That means; Crystal Silvian, Diana Black, Ember Moon, Judith Judassy, Melodie Quinn, Sarah Portello, Stanley Meeks and Tina Hamasaki. You eight represent the best...and the worst of the week."
2152 days 18 hours ago
DrG2
oh lol
2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Alright, now it's time for critiques!"
2152 days 18 hours ago
ninjohn
-CRYSTAL SILVIAN-
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/e6/2b/36e62bf4a7ac3c87a10814399ee3d63f.jpg

This week, Crystal Silvian is representing "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes.

Crystal, each week, there tends to be a model that splits the panel right down the middle. And oh lordy, if that wasn't you this week, I don't know who it ever was. Crystal, I think you entered this week very set on taking a risk. However, for the first time in NNTM, the judges literally could not disagree more on what to take on this photo. We couldn't agree on if the posing was basic or interesting, we couldn't agree if your face was off-putting or mystic; but what the judges could agree on is that your explanation was absolutely...lackluster. And one thing that stuck out to me in particular, and I quote; "I went the opposite of those lyrics." I said for certain that because this is a one-parter challenge, only two things are needed; be high fashion and relate to the song. This look, no matter how you spin it, is very costumey and you very trapped by your own statement. If you look like you followed the song, your explanation failed. And if you followed your explanation's criteria, you failed the challenge. This was just a very gutsy move and I'm not sure if it was necessary or wanted.

Sunmi: "If I could, I would have STOPPED TIME to try and understand you! Buy STOPPED TIME on iTunes!"
2152 days 17 hours ago
ninjohn
-DIANA BLACK-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--0AG8E0FJPY/VMXg3U8mRLI/AAAAAAAB8Zg/tJSKrQN3ekY/s1600/Amy%2B8.jpg

This week, Diana is representing "Body" by Loud Luxury!

Diana, the judges, or, more specifically, I have had my eye on you. Throughout the beginning of the competition, you really flourished as there were more people to go through. You were consistently in the top half and consistently delivered strong photos and strong concepts and you even managed to crack the top three. However, ever since that one great week, it seems like you've tripped down a hill and haven't managed to get the same footing back. Diana, you and I both know that this photo is extremely generic. Yes, it's a nice picture. Yes, I can see the connection to the song. But Diana, come on. This is the final ten. Pretty much everyone else left went above and beyond to find something underneath the surface to connect to in terms of completing the challenge. And, I can confidently say, you are the only one out of the ten where I feel that the photo was selected under ten minutes of time. There's nothing bad I can say about how you look, you look...nice. But there's nothing memorable about this photo. I can not stress this enough; you can not continue selling yourself short. You know how to deliver good photos, you know how to look unique and how to bring concepts to life; this against what I know you can do is unacceptable and I really am disheartened to see that maybe your progress has come to an end.

Sunmi: "I wonder what YOU would do differently! Buy YOU on iTunes!"
2152 days 17 hours ago
ninjohn
-EMBER MOON-
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/16/cd/2b16cde6f2265a3b4f3356ef5fa46916.jpg

This week, Ember is representing "Psycho" by Post Malone!

Ember, in terms of song, you may have received the hardest song out of the ten to photograph for. This song is very conceptual in it of itself so it's definitely difficult to pick out one certain part to model off of. And, actually, your explanation for the song showed a lot of depth and understanding. I do think that you have a talent of taking somewhat harsh conditions and making something sellable. You're definitely the "make-it-work" contestant of this cycle. Reading your explanation made me excited to see what sort of photo you would produce. ...But, Ember...this photo is not your best photo. I feel like there are many other ways to showing off being consumed by money or being blinded by riches than being in a grave and sleeping with cash. I understand you wanted to go with a somewhat blissful approach and, while it did make sense with your explanation, it just didn't come across as a good modeling photo. The relation to the song is there, but you look very stiff in this photo and, other than your face, there's not much that the judges can compliment. What you need to work on moving forward is executing the ideas in your head better visually because when you explain yourself, the judges note that it's beautiful and it makes sense. But your photos just...fall through. And, in a fashion competition, that tends to be a problem.

Sunmi: "All that cash...I hope it doesn't BURN! Buy BURN on iTunes!"
2152 days 17 hours ago
ninjohn
-JUDITH JUDASSY-
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6f/80/92/6f80927213ce520a5dc662df99042f72.jpg

This week, Judith is representing "One Kiss" by Calvin Harris!

Judith, my goodness, it's so good to see you again! I think you officially take the record for the most consecutive weeks without receiving a critique. First off, I want to commend you for sticking all that time all that time through and still performing well each and every week. At this point in the game, you are one of only two models to never place in the bottom three and, entering the top ten, that is an amazing accomplishment in a race this close and that speaks to how the judges have been viewing you thus far. I will say, since the beginning, what the judges expected after the first challenge was someone gutsy and someone willing to go all the way every time. And, while the judges may have found you overshadowed, what I personally think is your strength is your commitment to character. There have been some really tough things thrown in your path specifically in terms of what you've had to model and what you've had to adapt to. But you, moreso than maybe anyone else in the game, always go for 110%. And this week, that is absolutely no different. This photo is very intriguing and it's a very interesting way to view the song. The video of it is definitely a 70's sort of sunset fantasy vintage on your VHS tape sort of deal and this is giving the disco star of that edge. From the lighting to the outfit to that exotic pose to the movement in your hair; this is one of the photos that could be of a video filmed down the street from the actual video and it really does capture the sensuality of the song. Keeping your head high in the competition is a necessary ability to continue on in this competition and this is a high point in your journey.

Sunmi: "I could stare at this for 24 HOURS! Buy 24 HOURS on iTunes!"
2152 days 17 hours ago
ninjohn
-MELODIE QUINN-
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/29/16/46CE8F6E00000578-5129417-image-a-35_1511972475222.jpg

This week, Melodie is representing "No Tears Left to Cry" by Ariana Grande!

Melodie, as a hardcore Arianator myself, I did have to keep myself from giving you a bias for having the song of the summer. And, no pressure, but if you flubbed this, I can't promise that I would've just disqualified you. Thankfully, you definitely did your song justice. Let's start with your explanation; I thought your explanation was beautiful. The panel agreed that your tribute and your self-expression was among the best in terms of who representing what you stand for and showing who you are as a model. And then we get to the photo, which is where the judges split a bit. I thought the photo was gorgeous. I could definitely see your references and how it relates to the video. However, other members of the panel argued that going for such an on-the-nose approach is a little basic compared to what other people did in terms of looking for a submission. So just be careful when it comes to creativity because we're at that point where the small things just add up and can dock your score. However, this is another very strong week for you and I'm happy to see you warming up to the competition now!

Sunmi: "I can almost see a FULL MOON in this picture! Buy FULL MOON on iTunes!"
2152 days 17 hours ago
ninjohn
-SARAH PORTELLO-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e9/8d/bb/e98dbb89c3f08ffb58823c5f1b6edb77--medieval-hairstyles-baroque-fashion.jpg

This week, Sarah is representing "The Middle" by Zedd.

Sarah, last cycle, the ball challenge was a very interesting time for you. If I remember correctly, your photo was not the best but it was also not the worst. And, seeing as it is an annual challenge, the expectations were high for you to deliver something strong. I'll start with your photo. This photo is very intense. It's very beautiful, it's very serene but at the same time it feels almost dangerous and dark. This is a great balance of a lot of elements and I think it's a great photoshoot for you. But...we have to discuss how this relates to the challenge. All that was asked was that the submission was high fashion and related to the song. This photo is without a doubt high fashion and editorial but Sarah. Other than the title, what in the world connects the song with middle age fashion? For the billboard challenge, you can't just take the first thing that comes to mind and apply however which way you want it to. Yes, it's a great picture. But I had to squint at your explanation to see if this was really your final answer. This photo is on par with the best, but the overall explanation just confused the panel. Unfortunately, we didn't buy what you were selling.

Sunmi: "You look like a Victorian HEROINE! Buy HEROINE on iTunes!"
2152 days 16 hours ago
ninjohn
-STANLEY MEEKS-
https://www.vanityteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Vincenzo-Amato-by-Giovanni-Squatriti-5.jpg

This week, Stanley is representing "Meant to Be" by Bebe Rexha!

Stanley, this week, a couple of models wanted to go for something out of the box and didn't quite get there. You are one of the few that the panel feels went for a risk and that actually succeeded. It was very interesting to see you take a bad boy approach to the song about such an light romance, it definitely played to your strength. I also notice that this is the furthest step for you outside of your regular aesthetic and I'm pleased to say that it still delivers on the regular level of precision that the panel has come to expect from you. This photo looks very vintage and it looks very high fashion and ready to publish. As a matter of fact, a member of the panel said that this photo belongs in the top ten photos of NNTM history. Although I will say, looking at this photo, I personally would've a little bit more of a connection with the light-heartedness of the song, you took a risk and it definitely paid off. It's to see a more versatile side of you and it makes me more excited to see what other tricks you can pull out of the bag!

Sunmi: "I think anyone would want to take a ride IF THAT WAS YOU! Buy IF THAT WAS YOU on iTunes!"
2152 days 16 hours ago
Jaybirdnifty
I think anyone would want to take a ride IF THAT WAS YOU!
https://i.imgur.com/gvrIxXK.gif

open group

Ninjohn's Next Top Model 7!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!