This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Chapter 1: Memento Mori

Topic » Chapter 1: Memento Mori

2394 days 17 hours ago
Tizian
Winston and Marie exit the side door to the lodge. Marie is huffing about how nasty the people she used to call her friends are. Winston says that Jake had a point, we didn’t need to join in. Marie rolls her eyes, saying that she was there for spin the bottle not a prank. Winston says if he recalls she was really adamant to participate. Marie slaps his shoulder saying that she was not. She turns and walks further away from him towards the cabin. Winston rolls his eyes and follows.

~

Exiting the Kitchen, Jillian jogs up to Jake who is kind of emotional right now. Jillian stops him and asks him what’s wrong? He responds by saying he’s tired of the people here. He just might leave. Jillian stops him and says that he’ll be okay. They are trying to blame him so they don’t have any affiliation. Jake nods, saying that it wasn’t entirely him. He also says that they were mostly more into it than he was. “Hell, even that Ruth bitch cut Kaylynn.” He remarks, shaking his head. Jillian quietly says that she didn’t know it was real though. Jake says that he didn’t think she’d fucking swing at people. Jillian nods in silence. She then speaks up asking if he’d want to go on a walk to take a breather. Jake stands there, then nods and says that’ll be fine. Jillian is able to get Ruth, Mac, and Paxton to come with and they exit the front entrance. Jillian leaves a note on the doorway for the twins or anyone to see where they went and who went.

~

Kayla and Dave walk into the Great Room along with Connie, Drew, Manny, and Kelsey. Dave plops onto the couch and Kelsey snuggles next to him. Kayla stands near the fireplace with Manny and Connie while Drew sits in a comforter. Kayla tosses a log into the fireplace and then turns to the other girls. “I wish tonight wasn’t going to be so hectic…” Kayla says, sighing. Manny puts a hand on Kayla’s shoulder and says that it’s all going to be alright and that you should ignore them. Connie nods in agreement and inputs that us three should go get some air and go for a walk. Kayla nods, saying that sounds like a fun getaway from the craziness. Kayla, Connie, and Manny walk into the foyer and grab their winter coats and walk to the backdoor to go for a walk.
2394 days 17 hours ago
Tizian
Walking down the stairs, Kaylee and Devin, along with Cassidy and Andrew, head down the hallway towards the studio. Devin starts to recall what happened in the kitchen to Kaylee, and Kaylee just rolls her eyes. “I really don’t want to bring up last year, this is a trip was designed to remember Kaylynn and get some closure. Why are people ruining it!” Kaylee says, tearing up. Devin goes to comfort her but she says she actually is going to go to her bedroom and take a bath. The group watches her walk upstairs, then continue walking into the studio.

~

Seeing everyone exit the kitchen, Austin looks around to see Viktor, Jacob, and Xander stay around. Viktor and Xander sit at the end of the countertop conversing while Jacob wheels over to the fridge to grab another drink. Austin starts walking towards the pantry when suddenly the lodge submerges into darkness. A few people can be heard screaming. When the lights flicker back on, Austin is gone. Jacob looks around the kitchen, then turns to Viktor and Xander and asks them where Austin went. They shrug and Xander says that I hope no one is doing any funny business with the lights. Jacob shrugs, wheeling into the Great Room. There, they see a concerned Kelsey and Dave. Viktor asks what’s wrong and Dave says the lights went out and they heard running. They came back on and Drew was missing. Xander inputs saying that Austin was also missing when the lights went out. Confused, Kelsey says that they probably went to see what was wrong. Dave says that they should look for the others just in case. Kelsey asks where to go since everyone scattered after the blow up. Dave says Kaylee and Devin went to the bottom floor so let’s just go find them. The group nods and goes towards the bottom floor stairs.

~

A few minutes away from the lodge, Jake, Jillian, Ruth, Mac, and Paxton are walking along the trail towards the cable car station. Upon arriving, Jake says he is going to walk around to look at stuff. Jillian nods to him and says that she is just going to stay at the cable car station and sit there for a bit. Ruth and Paxton say they’ll go with Jake and Mac will stay with Jillian. The two groups depart, Jillian sitting on the deck and Mac stands not too far away. Walking around the trail, Jake, Ruth, and Paxton look at the nature around them. They start venturing away from the cable car station, Jake is the front, Paxton behind him and Ruth in the back. Not noticing it, Ruth steps on a string that Jake and Paxton didn’t step on. Suddenly, a figure dressed in a zombie costume jumps out right in front of Ruth. She screams, turning around and running into the woods. Jake and Paxton turn to see the scarecrow contraption and Ruth running away. Jake says he’ll go after her and that Paxton should go back to Jill ‘n Mac to tell them what happened. Paxton nods and hurries over as Jake walks into the woods to find Ruth.
2394 days 17 hours ago
Tizian
Kayla, Connie, and Manny exit the back door of the lodge, all geared up for a comforting walk on the trails. They start venturing out and don’t notice the lights going out in the lodge. They walk to a gate, where Kayla opens it and the girls walk through. They start talking to each other about how pretty everything was out here. Kayla walks onto the path and points out two different footprints. Connie says it’s probably Winston and Marie going to play hookie. Manny says we should go scope them out and find some juicy content. Laughing, Kayla nods and says lets go ruin their fun. The girls quickly run off and follow the footprints.

~

Marie and Winston are walking along a hilly trail.  Winston has been smoozing up Marie and complimenting her. Marie noticed and laughs at him a bit. They walk across a bridge across a short stream, then walk along another trail. Suddenly, they both hear a piercing shriek with a few more different shrieks following. It goes quiet and Winston turns, “The ongoing cycle of nature” he says. Marie says that that isn’t funny and they should probably get going. Nodding, Winston and Marie turn to see a herd of elk running across the trail. Marie screams as one collides with Winston, knocking him down. After the stampede ends, Marie runs over to Winston who has a few bruises swelling up. Marie helps him up saying that they should hurry. He nods and they begin running towards the cabin, where they make it  & close the door.
2394 days 17 hours ago
Tizian
Devin, Cassidy, and Andrew are working on some artsy stuff when the lights go out. Cassidy shrieks, and then soon after the lights come back on. Devin asks if they are alright and Cassidy and Andrew say they're fine. Andrew says people better not be trying to prank some people. Devin then says that it was probably the breaker panel, after not being in use for awhile it must have short circuited causing the lights to go in and out. He then asks for them to calm down and not think of the worst to quickly. They then begin back to their artsy stuff.

~

Jake is walks in the condensed woods, lugging over logs and avoiding snow mounds. He sees a snow-footprint on a log and follows it. It leads him into a clearing where he sees Ruth on the ground, possibly dead and a husky man standing over her, a long pipe in his hand. He quickly turns and sees Jake. Jake's eyes widen as he sees the man wearing a sack-head mask. "Oh shit!" He says, turning and running away. The man quickly chases after him. Jake can hear him following and is trying to get away. He sees a fallen log not too far away. He leaps over and steps in a well hidden bear trap. Jake screams as the trap clamps against his ankle. He is trying to open the contraption, then suddenly turns to see the man swing the pipe and connect to the side of Jake's head, knocking him out.

- END OF MEMENTO MORI -
2394 days 17 hours ago
Tizian
QUESTIONS:

How do you feel about this whole episode?:

How do you feel about the kitchen argument?:

What do you think happened to Austin & Drew?:

What do you think is going to happen to Ruth & Jake?:

How do you feel about Manny, Kayla, and Connie going to ruin Marie & Winston's fun?:

Do you think Winston and Marie are going to be okay after the Elk herd?:
2394 days 17 hours ago
Missalice3
OHHH OKAY LMAO

So, we’re not going to do any RPing? That was just episode one, then?
2394 days 16 hours ago
RyanAndrews
QUESTIONS:

How do you feel about this whole episode?: It was good, I really enjoyed the narrative and seeing how everyone reacts to certain situations. You're really good at integrating everyone's character someway or another.

How do you feel about the kitchen argument?: Classic Marie! *knee slap* but in all seriousness, I think it was very aggravating and irritating for people to argue over who's fault it was. I think Jake has enough guilt, they shouldn't play the blaming game, other than that, great plot movement with this scene and it really showed people's true colors. I liked it. 

What do you think happened to Austin & Drew?: I forgot who Drew was for a second, rip Maggie, but I really hope they are all okay. And now the game begins and I'm wondering who the true antoganist is, with the shrieks which could be wendgios and the sack-man, he could be not someone like Josh who pranks everyone and has them suffer that fear Kaylynn did. I think whoever it is, are trying to avenge Kaylynn, but much more serious in actually committing murder, hence the bear trap where someone actually drew blood unlike with Ashley, Chris, and Sam (all of whom experience Josh) only suffered bruises and such.

What do you think is going to happen to Ruth & Jake?: I don't know, but I have a theory Jake only went after her because he blames her for Kaylynn, like trying to avoid the blame for orchestrating the prank. But, I'm sure he should've warned Ruth for not swinging like that.

How do you feel about Manny, Kayla, and Connie going to ruin Marie & Winston's fun?: LMAO, what icons. Manny of course, queen of suggesting such iconic... things? I don't know. But I'm excited to see if they actually follow Winston and Marie or just end up following sack-man or maybe even the highly anticipated wendigo!

Do you think Winston and Marie are going to be okay after the Elk herd?: Not Winston, that might ruin their little sexual endeavor they plan to have up at the cabin with all the swelling and bruising he probably might not wanna do it. But oh whale, Marie's sort of a cuck.

This was a great episode Tiz <3. I have a theory that sack-man might be Kaylynn's boyfriend as mentioned she is dating someone who didn't come up to the lodge/winter getaway last year or this year.
2394 days 16 hours ago
Tizian
@Missy I will add some more RP parts later, that was more of an opening so I can see your characters and stuff.
2394 days 14 hours ago
IceBear
How do you feel about this whole episode?: It was phenomenal! It's really cool to see everyone's interactions to their own situations and how their personalities effects the decisions they make. I also like how the spotlight is on no one in particular, but rather shared.

How do you feel about the kitchen argument?: DRAMA!!! The issue had to be addressed and people are going to wound up and sensitive about the subject. No one wants to feel like it was their fault in anyway, but the fact is Jake isn't fully responsible. Watching some of the characters squirm other then Jake was interesting to see though.

What do you think happened to Austin & Drew?: I'm a little worried for the both of them, especially for Austin. I think Austin is going to need a miracle or run into another group because he may be done for. In a suspicion note, Sack-man was a very strong and muscular man, just like Drew who went missing. Coincidence?

What do you think is going to happen to Ruth & Jake?: I think Jake's actions speak for himself for the second time. While I agree (with Ryan) that Jake blames Ruth for Kaylynn's disappearance, he also was more concerned about his own life then with the both of theirs when he saw the sack-man. Poor poor Ruth.

How do you feel about Manny, Kayla, and Connie going to ruin Marie & Winston's fun?: I think it is pretty funny for them to go on a gossip girl spy mission. You can't be mad at them for being curious, so why not let them have some fun.

Do you think Winston and Marie are going to be okay after the Elk herd?: Winston got injured, he's a dead man walking. I think Marie is going to blame herself for Winston's misfortune and drag herself down. Side note, were the elk running from anything or just casually taking down passerby's?
2394 days 12 hours ago
Tizian
@Ice now why would I tell you that? :)
2394 days 2 hours ago
coolKat
How do you feel about this whole episode?: Loved my person was in Zero danger (wondering why he didn’t schmooze up Devin )

How do you feel about the kitchen argument?: It was magnificent,and I feel as though if everyone said the right thing

What do you think happened to Austin & Drew?: Austin ginger boi better not die because yeah I already gave the reasoning. But I see him being a not so important character so I’m worried

What do you think is going to happen to Ruth & Jake?: Possibly something similar to the real game (SPOILER- With a choice between Ashley and Josh on who lives)

How do you feel about Manny, Kayla, and Connie going to ruin Marie & Winston's fun?: I feel like they didn’t follow their footprints and it was something/someone else’s. But if it is they are fucking genius. Everyone knows don’t have sex in this situation

Do you think Winston and Marie are going to be okay after the Elk herd?: No they pretty much have a Jessica and Mike situation- where Winston is Jessica possibly
2393 days 23 hours ago
JourdanBabyXoXo
How do you feel about this whole episode?: it was a good episode but i really don’t want ruth to die!!

How do you feel about the kitchen argument?: heated but not too crazy

What do you think happened to Austin & Drew?: IDKKKKKK

What do you think is going to happen to Ruth & Jake?: Hopefully neither died but i really hope ruth is ok. i really wanna keep reading my character and following it along!

How do you feel about Manny, Kayla, and Connie going to ruin Marie & Winston's fun?: tbh i don’t rlly like marie and winston so eh

Do you think Winston and Marie are going to be okay after the Elk herd?: i think one of them may die but not 100% sure
2391 days 2 hours ago
Tizian
I will be uploading the next episode today!
2391 days 2 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
Yay!
2391 days 2 hours ago
Logie56
Woo-hoo!! I'm excited to see what happens next to the gang! Love how you're writing Paxton's character.

open group

Netherworld

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!