This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [S3: Mamanuca]

Topic » Final Tribal Council [S3:..

2457 days 16 hours ago
wangifold
Come on in guys! Welcome to your final tribal council. You've made it as far as you can in this game, now the power shifts to the jury, castaways who you have previously had a hand (one way or the other) in voting out.  Let's bring in the members of our jury, Austin, Ryan, Pika, Marto, AJ, Andrea, Riley, and Tashi voted out at the last tribal council.   *Jury sits*

DJ, Fred and Hufus, you will start us off by giving an opening statement on why you should win. Jury, hold off on asking any questions until all of them have given their opening statements. After that, go crazy. Thanks in advance.

Remember jury, tonight you are voting for a WINNER. After you have decided, send me the name of the person you would like to win Ryan's Survivor: Mamanuca. You have until tomorrow at 7 PM EST to send in your vote. Once I have all the votes, I will set a time to read them. Good luck to the final 3!
2457 days 16 hours ago
coolexchangestudent
Wow, the feeling hasn't really sunked in yet. It has actually been a while where I have made it in the Final Tribal Council. Anyways, hello jury. Pleasure to talk to you guys at the end of this game. Hopefully there's no hard feelings after this game, we're probably all used to this by now (except Tashi but damn first group game bravo). This game, as I mentioned in my application, will probably be one of the last games on this site (particularly Survivor, I plan to do NB Reality and Power Struggle so yeah) as I have the intentions of leaving the site for awhile now. So I'm thinking this as my last shot to win a goddamn Survivor that I earned and wasn't basically an easy route. I decides to play a bit non-risky this time around. Reflecting on my last game's (WPF 20 Greek Isles) mistakes and overplaying and turning it around for an eventual win.

This game for me was a lot more on the downs than the ups. It wasn't forgiving to me really. The first down was actually Qaz leaving a day before the premiere due to a hospitalized loved one. I was the one who invited him to play with me after what happened in WPF and seeing him not play meant that I'm alone, but not quite for long.

On the first challenge I was already certain that Andrea wouldn't pass the idol once she gets it so I tried to chat to people in my tribe, particularly Andrea, Riley and Hufus, whom I'd played before. It was also a start to me talking with Tashi. I didn't really need to scramble a lot at the premerge, which is good because life was getting hectic at the time.

By the merge happening, I already got a bit of little chats with basically everyone except Brady, Austin and AJ. So when the vote was pointed on Brady at the first tribal. I think everybody had information about what happened at the Final 11 vote between Austin and Riley. I felt that I wasn't as informed than I usually do in all the games that I played. This realization really clicked in at the Final 10, when all hell broke loose. Riley and I tried to flip and voted AJ, when Andrea, AJ, Tashi and Hufus voted Ryan. It felt like I was out of the loop, so it was really a dumb decision especially when we were in the middle of everything going on, the swing vote if you will.

This was the point of the game where really all I needed to do was make the plans for the guys and they scramble, while I wasn't in anybody's radar. At Final 10, even though I myself didn't follow it, told Ryan to "tell the others the vote is Andrea, when the vote is actually Hufus". The plan was eventually foiled and was reused at Final 9 (where Pika screwed himself by telling Hufus the actual vote while the other side was voting for him) and again at Final 8, where another down came to my way in a form of a white rock. (Rip FMDR - Fucked My Dads Rooster [A]lliance) However, it wasn't a big down. None of the next boots was. At the time, I made Final 2 deals with Riley, and Fred. It had its flaws (me doubting Riley if he actually had the votes at the F7 revote) but staying loyal to these two became a huge impenetrable "meat shield" for me to cruise myself for the rest of the game. It wasn't pretty but hey, I got here with only one tribal that I got votes on. (the Amanti boot didn't count as it was randomized alright xD) By Final 5, it was basically my destiny for me to get here. And the Final 3 I wanted by Final 7 got here in probably the most chaotic way possible.

Overall, I think I played a game where "everyone who tried to control the game, burned in flames" type of situation. I wasn't targeted by any person at all nor did nobody though that they should vote for me because it's the easiest one to target. No, I was in the perfect position of not being targeted at all times, even without an idol. I think it was impressive feat to do while actually being active. Some of you say I don't deserve to win yet along get any votes at all, but rethink what everyone did. I stuck with my strategy at the
2457 days 12 hours ago
Hufus
Hello, guys!

It's been a pleasure to be here today pleading my case to y'all. I gotta say it wasn't easy at all and this game was full of emotions and plot twists that left me shook. I'm so happy I got here though.

Well, let's start from the beginning. When I saw the tribe divisions, I wasn't reeeally happy about it. For those who don't know, I've played with Marto/Pika/Ryan before, so I thought we could've slayed the game if we were on the same tribe together from the start. What I didn't know was that I couldn't have been more wrong and starting on the Matana tribe helped me to get here today, but I'll talk about it later.

Pre-merge I think I didn't have to worry about it much. I started going strong with my social game, I instantly clicked with Andrea and Tashi on one side and with Riley and Austin on another one. So I wasn't very surprised with everything that went down. But the best thing about the pre-merge was I found my idol. Yeah, I kept it until final 5, even though I barely got there, and sucessfully avoided being eliminated.

When merge came, that's when shit hit the fan. I was happy to reunite with Ryan, Pika and Marto and I thought I could trust them... Welp, I was wrong. I think it all began with the Austin vote + apparently a few comments made by Andrea. Marto asked me to vote for Austin, but I told him I didn't want to do it cause I trusted Austin enough to keep him in the game and tried to talk him into it. It didn't work, of course, but I had no idea we had drawn lines in the sand after that. Next tribal, I was shook with the 3 votes I got, and the fact that I realized I was being played by the only people I thought I could 100% trust gave me the fuel to get back on my feet and then, - now I can say it -, get here.

So I had to follow with what I was given. It solidified my position in the group and I knew I couldn't count on them anymore. It was clear by the way they didn't let me in. So I just kept talking and strategizing with the ones I could (which weren't always the same people) and making sure I wasn't the target, - especially cause I had an idol and I didn't want to go home with it, or even worse, waste it. Besides that, after I realized what went down, I tried to get emotional and use my past relationships with them, especially with Pika, to take the target off my back and avoid getting votes once more... And it actually worked.

So I think that my strong point in this game was adaptability. I got a few punches in the face, but I got back on my feet, rebuilt the cards and reshuffled the deck. I survived close votes, shake the target off my back when I was about to become one again, changed strategies and stepped it up when I had to, especially winning that final immunity. That's why I think I deserve your vote tonight.

I didn't want to make such a long speech, so I tried to say a few general things and then I'll be more specific when answering your questions soon. So far, thanks for everything, guys! I had a blast playing with y'all ;)
2457 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
Hey guys! (Short Version speech)
I just want to say that it have been a amazing journey and you have all been great players!
So I am the last Vakatara member left and I had to put some extra energy to make it this way, we all did a hard work to get here but I was always an underdog, both as a individual player and number wise, and then I had to win an extra challenge (fmc) to make it here.
When I got casted for this season, I directly talked to the people on the list for casted people and directly made a pre-game alliance with Ryan and also talked alot to Jackson. I didn't include them together on purpose because I wanted to make sure I can be on 2 main alliances and then decide my faith pre-merge. I also had my buddy Marto and Pika on that tribe so me and Ryan made an alliance with them and included Brad and we named it the fantastic 5. I kept my connections with Jackson as a plan B and didn't include him to that chat, and Jackson made an alliance with me, Jackson, Nikki and added Brady to that chat too and it felt good because now I was in 2 alliances. One side wanted Nikki out and One side wanted Marto out, I knew I needed Marto in this game so I told Jacksons alliance to change their target to AJ who isnt a part of any of the alliances and they agreed and AJ went home and I managed to keep both alliances alive but then the day came, and I had to pick a side so of course I sticked with Marto, Ryan and Pika and took Nikki  and Jackson out, but I was always thinking about a swap and that is why I wanted to make sure I had as many allies as possible in case there was swap.

It was time for the merge! (Step to step)
Final 12: I knew we didnt have the numbers and felt like I had to create new connections but neither AJ or Tashi replied and I knew that I would need AJ to keep our 5 (Marto, Ryan, Pika, Brady and me) me strong. This vote, people didnt really talk to me and I felt really alone and then saw Brady getting blindsided and even I was blindsided since Brady and I are close but he didnt play the game this time and it wasnt a big of a loss.
Final 11: I Came out as a free agent and decided that I would be alone, but the reason I did this was that I knew that I was still allies with Marto, Pika and Ryan even if I was mad about the Brady vote, not because I liked Brady, Because they did it behind my back and I even planned to take Brady out later in the game. So as a free agent, I messaged Austin in the tie but the only answer I got was that he would have my back, while Riley was both good with my original allies and he said that he was good with Andrea and DJ (had started to talk with Andrea), and since I needed new connections (which also helped me later), I decided to keep Riley.
Final 10: This tribal made the alliances clearer, me, Riley, DJ, Pika, Ryan and Marto were all on the same page and could have formed a strong 6 there but instead, we gave Andrea, Tashi, Hufus and AJ the chance to take Ryan out. I was talking with Andrea and the plan was AJ but they changed the vote in last minute and left me out and Ryan went home, and I was shooked.
Final 9: This is where I started to play hard. I felt blindsided by Andrea and knew I wasnt in here plans and I realized that I needed to create an alliance to reunite us not being with Andrea and Tashi. I created a chat with Marto, Pika, Riley and AJ (didnt know he voted Ryan) and decided that this would be a main alliance, but we realized that AJ isnt with us and made a new and added DJ since him and DJ were good, that was our new alliance and we had really fun while having it lol. I also played both sides by acting like I am still in the middle, so Tashi and Andrea talked to me and we acted like the vote is for Hufus, I remember that I really tried to make Hufus think he is the vote and at the same time had to make Andrea and Tashi to think I am voting Pika with them. my alliance wanted to change votes since Pika told Hufus the plan and we guessed Tashi could play an ido
2457 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
Final 9: This is where I started to play hard. I felt blindsided by Andrea and knew I wasnt in here plans and I realized that I needed to create an alliance to reunite us not being with Andrea and Tashi. I created a chat with Marto, Pika, Riley and AJ (didnt know he voted Ryan) and decided that this would be a main alliance, but we realized that AJ isnt with us and made a new and added DJ since him and DJ were good, that was our new alliance and we had really fun while having it lol. I also played both sides by acting like I am still in the middle, so Tashi and Andrea talked to me and we acted like the vote is for Hufus, I remember that I really tried to make Hufus think he is the vote and at the same time had to make Andrea and Tashi to think I am voting Pika with them. my alliance wanted to change votes since Pika told Hufus the plan and we guessed Tashi could play an idol but I told them to keep it on Tashi, so it was maybe my fault Pika went but he told Hufus the plan so It isnt my fault really.
Final 8: Andrea, Hufus, Tashi and AJ found out I am not with them, so I came out.. well I came out as a non free agent lol. I still hold contacts with Andrea but I was clear with that I am taking a rock for my alliance but still hoped they would vote for me so I got avoid rocks. We voted AJ and hoped they wouldnt go to rocks for him but the rocks screwed us :( Suddenly, we went from majority 5-4, to minority 3-4 because off Idols and Rocks. But we still didn't give up!
Final 7: It was clear that they are going for Riley, I didnt want it to be that easy and actually wasnt afraid of letting them targeting me but I didnt just want to jump ship and vote Riley and DJ so I made a final deal with DJ where we talked about including AJ and I then sended screenshots to AJ and was like "look you can be in a final with me and DJ" since Tashi, Andrea and Hufus was really tight. AJ instead sended it to Andrea and Tashi and then went to Riley and I suddenly had everyone against me and I was ready to pack my bags. I had to convince Riley I still was with him and it just was a fake plan. When they included Riley in a chat, he gave me information and told me they think I got the idol, so I had to act like i got it and acted super calm and was like "it is okay if I go home, you can vote for me". It worked! But it was a tie between AJ and Riley. At that time Tashi made a chat with me and DJ and told us we need to get Andrea next since she will go for AJ when Riley goes this round, but that gave me some signals, if Andrea wants AJ out next, why wouldnt she go for him now? I took screenshots of Tashis messages and kept them incase Andrea wouldnt believe me but my goal was to not have to send them to keep both of them cool with me. DJ started to talk about keeping AJ over Riley since Tashi gave us a good offer but I knew that Tashi, Hufus and AJ would go for me and DJ at final 5 and I wanted to take Andrea out with Riley in the game since they targeted each other and that would give me, AJ and Riley the numbers at the final 5. I managed to convince a drunk Andrea without sending the screenshots and almost sended a dick pic to keep Riley in the game lmfao and the pkan worked!!
Final 6: The plan worked and I now also had made sure Tashi and Andrea are against each other and this was meaning that we also made sure that instead of Tashi having majority in final 5, it would be me, DJ and Riley having majority. We managed to take Andrea out and acted like the vote is for Hufus.
Final 5: DJ actually wanted us to take Riley out but I knew that it would be risky with a tie in final 4 and I really wanted to go to finals with Riley and DJ but Hufus played an idol and that worst case scenario still happend..
Final 4: Me and DJ voted Tashi and I was glad that Hufus won it because I knew I would have to play a FMC against Tashi and I won it and made the finals!

Thabks guys and feel free to ask anything you want to know!
2457 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
At final 9: It should be "since DJ and Riley are good"
2457 days 9 hours ago
wangifold
Jury, go get 'em.
2457 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
Ryan, are you sending hungry tigers on us!?
2457 days 9 hours ago
TadNuggets69
I'll go first.. my vote is open, right now I have only one question for Fred, why did you decide to keep Riley over me even though I told you I had your back? You also messaged me asking who i was working with and I want to know why you think I would tell you who I'm aligned with when we had not spoken in the game at all..
2457 days 9 hours ago
pikaplayer
Alright I may have screwed myself over but I said I was sorry to Hufus so I'm fine with how I went.

DJ: The main underdog of the FTC, you seem to lack the gameplay the jury wanted and think you are a good 3rd I think you can suprise us so tell me, what were your solo moves to get here?

Hufus: My Raichu hoodie buddy! I love you man, the jury would also agree as they see you as a deserving winner and while I agree I'll keep open minded. What was your best move?

Fred: A strong player and a threat to the Hufus train this man has been through a lot to get here. Tell me, my ally, what perks do you have over the other two contenders sitting next to you?

And for all: What were your highest and lowest points?

Non bitter jury member Pikachu "Pika" C out! :)
2457 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
I'll go first.. my vote is open, right now I have only one question for Fred, why did you decide to keep Riley over me even though I told you I had your back? You also messaged me asking who i was working with and I want to know why you think I would tell you who I'm aligned with when we had not spoken in the game at all..

- Thanks for your question! The reason I wanted to know was that I did cut my ties with my alliance for that round and I wanted to know if you or Riley was closer to them, and when Riley brought up that he is closer to Andrea and DJ and my main alliance too, I felt like going with him is safer since I could later join up with him, Andrea and DJ if things would go wrong. If Riley wouldn't have told me who he is working with, I would maybe voted to keep you but at that moment I felt in an underdog situation and felt that I really need to work to get on the top and didn't want to take a risk. I hope that you understand!
2457 days 9 hours ago
cole225
that moment when 2 of yah bois make FTC and you don't know what to do uhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck
2457 days 7 hours ago
coolexchangestudent
Hi Pika! Glad to see you!

What were your solo moves to get here?
- Well I could say that I think I didn't had any, but I didn't need to make a solo move due to the fact that I was in a perfect position in this entire merge, if not the whole game. Nobody went after me. I also didn't went paranoia crazy like I usually do in games, and it worked out.

What were your highest and lowest points?
- Lowest point was definitely Final 10, when I had no clue of going on and thought I was making the right move by taking AJ. Highest point would probably be Final 7, as I knew no matter what happens no votes were going my way and I had a trip to the Final 3 as it is.

You said that I lack gameplay that the jury wants me to have, and you're right. I personally think this wasn't the best game I've played. It was decent but didn't you see what Ryan told everyone in the finale? "Silent but deadly." That's what I was this entire merge. I got the people I wanted out in this game (Andrea, AJ) with other people's help. Their help puts the target on them and not on me, leaving me unscathed doing whatever the hell I want.
2457 days 7 hours ago
pikaplayer
Ha! I told you guys he was an UTR player!
2457 days 7 hours ago
tashi
*walks in front of the final 3*

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/survivor-malakal/images/3/30/Kelly_Sharbaugh_-_Samoa_Pointing.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150408070628

DJ, Fred, and Hufus, I'd like to start by saying congratulations to all of you. You three were able to do what myself and 14 other people were unable to do this season. And that alone is an incredible feat to do. It's not easy and you were all able to pull it off through deception, riding on the coat tails of others, or just pure luck.

I'll ask my questions in the order that you gave your speeches. So DJ you're first.

@DJ, I'm not sure why anyone thinks you deserve to win. In my eyes you don't. From my perspective you're only here because there were other big threats in the game that needed to be taken out. In virtually the whole season you were irrelevant and insignificant to how the game developed. You're only shining moment in this game was the last challenge in which you still lost to Hufus. I want you to tell me some of the big things that you were able to do this game. Not something that you were apart of but something YOU did and YOU organized. Because right now you're nothing but 3rd place.

http://i45.tinypic.com/s3gd5g.gif

@Hufus, you were my ride or die. From Day 1 all the way until the very end of my game. You could have flipped on me and spared yourself the FMC but you didn't and you stuck by my side. Meeting you in this game I gained not only an ally but also a friend. You were able to make big moves and be apart of big moves and I truly believe you took the fate of your game in your hands and excelled with it. Now for your question, had I known you had an idol at the Pika vote, and if I had came to you at that vote and asked you to play it on me. Would you have played it to save me? Or would you have saved it for yourself.

http://i47.tinypic.com/119pkz4.gif

@Fred, for some reason when I was in the game people kept coming to me telling me that we needed to get you out. They kept saying "Fred is a jury threat and he'll beat anyone at the end" and honestly it never made sense to me. From my perspective, and even from being on the jury and getting other players inquiries I still don't see why people ever saw you as a jury threat. My question to you is why do you think people saw you as a jury threat? What moves did you make to make people see you as one?

Thank you all again for a great season! Thanks Wangi Probst for being a great host (even if you never updated the wiki)! I look forward to all of your answers and I'll ask more as I see fit.
2457 days 7 hours ago
tashi
Another question for all of you.

If you had one word to describe your game what would it be?

open group

Ryan's Survivor: S5 COMING SOON

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!