This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL CAMPFIRE

Topic » FINAL CAMPFIRE

2566 days 15 hours ago
Steel
yea snake you literally never told me you were still voting even though you were on exile even though we were aligned and i was up front with you
you voted for ollie with one other person, i voted for clark cause i didnt want to vote JT out and bryce said he wanted to do it
i tried to get clark out and save JT but that tribal was just a mess
2566 days 15 hours ago
JTthePrince
Let me clear something up, I told him to vote Clark, because I knew where the votes were going that TC
2566 days 15 hours ago
Steel
no i told u to vote clark and then u self voted
2566 days 15 hours ago
Steel
bryce and myself came up with the clark plan, he could back me up if he was online but hes at 1 day rip
2566 days 15 hours ago
JTthePrince
Either way I knew I was safe because I had you, Ollie, Nels and Jack backing me at that tribal
2566 days 15 hours ago
Steel
if anyone has any other questions lemme know ill answer em i just have lots of work to do
this was a fun game regardless of what happens, i played the best game i could with the cards i was dealt and i appreciate any and all votes
2566 days 15 hours ago
JTthePrince
Yeah same, and Clark, Steel great job guys on getting to the f3
2566 days 15 hours ago
Steel
u too buddy top respect
2566 days 14 hours ago
TurplePurtle
I have different questions for each of you. I haven't made my mind up, but I'm conflicted between two of you unless the other says something drastically mind-changing:

Steel: Your physical game was impeccable. Seriously, hats off for it! As i waited for you all to finish, the one thing I truly wanted to see was a tribal in which you weren't safe so that I could see your social/strategic games at play. The idol saved you, but I was still able to see that you were voted unanimously against (apart from yourself, of course). Why should I vote you DESPITE the fact that you would have gone at 5?

Clark: I almost feel like you were absent for the challenges. While it was impressive that you dodged tribals back to back like it was nobody's business, I feel that that your "everyone vote me i hate you" game was a bit 1-dimensional. Why should you win despite your lack of physical game?

JT: Congrats, ally! I get and do appreciate the in-between strategy, but I almost feel like you played too safe. To me, it seems as though you positioned yourself to do as little as possible and avoid having to put any work into getting here. I admire it, but why should I reward you when others worked harder to get here and almost took you here?

Congrats all for the final 3, and obviously you're better than I for being here :) While I'm criticizing your games a bit, I want you all to know that I admire that you all made it here! Good luck, and may the best player win!
2566 days 13 hours ago
Clarkkent6969
First off congrats to both JT and Steel on making final 3 not very easy

I wanna start off by saying almost right away I realized that there was gonna be a lot of physical threats in this game, and knew it wouldn't make any sense to try to compete with them because I know too well that physical threats get targeted at merge, so I let Steel, Morgan, Bryce, and even Ollie be targeted.

I want to point out I made it here while only working with one person, I was the free agent all season long, at almost every vote I had people coming to me asking what the vote was, allowing me to decide who went and be on the right side of the vote. I only had 1 person I talked to and voted with till the end and that was Robin, it sucks Robin isn't here because from early on we talked about us being in final 3. He deserves to be here.

Strategically I was involved in big moves the Bryce Morgan and Jack vote outs, and was in position to make those moves because of my social game, I realized who the threats were and allowed them to make themselves targets and got almost all of them out except Steel.

I'm willing to answer any questions you may have. Last words Steel is only here because he had immunity or played an idol without a doubt he wouldn't be here if he didn't, meanwhile I publicly stated multiple times I didn't need immunity or an idol to stay safe that's how confident I was in my social game, in the end I didn't play a flashy obvious game like Steel but I proved you don't need to make it
2566 days 13 hours ago
Steel
well i also had the exile advantage before i had the idol so i was never gonna go at final 5 lmao i guess i wasn't really worried about that and kinda wanted people to vote for me after i got the idol to see who would be loyal.  but also at 5 i could have tied it if i needed to since jack voted for clark, then it would have been 2-2 me versus clark in firemaking.  also at final 4 if i hadn't won immunity JT and I had developed a close alliance, and he told me he would have saved me and sent it to a firemaking contest if i hadn't won immunity.  so in both cases i was going to be given a chance to make fire at least.

physical strategies obviously aren't as flashy and impressive social and strategic game changing moves, but when i was consistently denied the opportunity to work with people who just wanted to play it safe, i had no other choice but to win the challenges and then eliminate people with the leverage i had from winning immunity.  I took so many risks in this game and yes some of the strategic and social ones didn't work out for me but the physical one did.  taking risks is a huge part of survivor and people who just make themselves non threatening and aligned with everyone do a great job of getting to the end but should they really be named the winner if they just maintained middle ground the whole time and didn't at least TRY and make big moves?
so yes as weird as it sounds, winning immunity challenges all the way through was a calculated strategic decision on my part to make finals.  I was pretty sure that after i beat you in immunity and you got sent home that i could win the rest of the challenges and make finals, and rely on the exile pass if i lost one challenge.  it was all a formula, i would have devised something different if i didn't have an idol or a free pass but it wouldn't have been necessary.  then I used that leverage of having immunity to get threats to my immunity wins out of the game (you and jack) and aligning with people who i thought I could beat at the final tribal (JT and robin) was how i did it. if you thought you could make it to the end and get your threats out by just winning challenges straight through wouldn't you take the opportunity?  especially after you tried to make moves strategically and socially but there was a very close knit alliance that you couldn't penetrate?

Ozzy lost to Yul in cook islands by one vote... but Yul played a masterful game of big moves and strategic control.  Did JT really play that kind of game?  am I really the Ozzy to JT's YUL?  because that is what Robin and snake are making it seem like... but i don't buy it.  do you think maybe instead, he just aligned with everyone, made himself not be a threat so that he was an easy vote to grab, and stay as someone who wasnt threatening at a FTC?  TBH I feel like more of a Mike holloway than an Ozzy because I at least had a decent social game and I tried to make strategic moves despite by awful standing in the game that i was kinda forced into.

this was long and kinda unorganized cause im really tired but i hope it makes sense, let me know if you have a follow up question
2566 days 13 hours ago
Steel
i'm just saying i know it's easy to buy into the narrative and view me as a cocky douche who just relied on winning challenges and that JT was the secret underdog controlling the game.  but thats not how it is.  JT didnt even try to make moves, he just played it really safe and floated along while i stuck my neck out multiple times and eventually it DID pay off, i'm sitting in finals with two people i WANTED to sit next to because i believe i played a better game than them. 

i came into the merge in a shitty situation that i couldn't control and tried to make the best of it.  now i'm in finals because my strategy paid off.  maybe i could have not won the immunities and just tried to make it by being vulnerable?  idk how that makes sense for my game.  but if i hadn't won any immunities then yeah there's a good chance that i could be sitting where threats like ollie, jack, robin, morgan are sitting.  but im here.  i implore the jury to think about it a little more before you shit on my game
2566 days 13 hours ago
Clarkkent6969
Clark: I love you, but I need to know what was your strategy this entire game? I know you played the wild card and  "no one will beat me" card, so why do you think you should win?

My strategy was to let the big threats make themselves be big threats, and I strongly disagree with anyone that might say I floated because I was involved in big moves and was always in the know for votes and had options. I should win because I didn't have to win immunity or play an idol to stay safe, just played a really strong social game with great strategy

All: If you three were not in the final 3, who deserves to be there if it can only be 2 from merge and 1 pre merge.
Pre merge Jessie because hes the only one who didn't self vote, merge you and Ollie I feel you played the best all around game and Ollie played a good game and battled till the end
2566 days 13 hours ago
Steel
lets say i never won immunity but assume everything played out the same way even though its not realistic since i would have been much less of a threat and people might have targeted others before me

i didnt become an actual target until after morgan left, who i strategically aligned with to make sure that i was with someone who was a bigger threat than me.  so he goes and then ollie is still in the game who is a huge threat.  if i hadn't shown off my challenge abilities i wouldnt have been as big of a threat and its likely that jack would still want to flip on ollie to make a big move.  maybe i would have gone home, idk it depends on what jack would have done.  anyway then nels was med evac'd.  at 5th if i didn't have the idol i would have voted with jack and then gone into a tie breaker with clark who i probably could have beaten.  at 4th, JT would have voted with me to tie and and send it into ANOTHER tie breaker, and this is assuming robin still wanted to turn on me (even though in this scenario i wasnt the challenge beast people were afraid of)

so really, there's a pretty good chance i could have made it here with my social game without my immunities.  however i thought that winning immunity would be good for my game so i did it and it worked out

sorry for typing so much but i knew i would have a lot of criticism about my game being strictly physical even though it wasn't. i did have a good social game and i hope the jury will actually read what i've written and question me where they think my game was weaker than JT or clark's
2566 days 13 hours ago
TurplePurtle
I'm giving JT until tomorrow at like 9 to answer and then I'm submitting my vote if he hasn't lol

open group

ZOMBIE'S

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!