This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#2 Final - Hamburg

Topic » #2 Final - Hamburg

1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
Opening Act:
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
Welcome to Hamburg!

https://i.imgur.com/bUxwz0s.gif

Germany's second biggest city, Hamburg is one of the most dynamic regions for the creative industries in Europe and an established hub of the music industry since decades.

Tonight we're gonna witness 13 countries battled it out for the title.

Running Order:
Germany
UK
Portugal
Italy
Japan
Russia
Sweden
France
South Korea
Philippines
Greece
Romania
USA
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
Here we go!
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
1. Germany       
Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault       

2. UK       
Nina Nesbitt - Chewing Gum       

3. Portugal       
Yasmine "Quem 茅 ?" (Who is it?)       

4. Italy       
Marco Mengoni - 'L'essenziale' (The essential)
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
5. Japan       
Rina Sawayama - XS       
.be

6. Russia       
Lena Katina - Lift Me Up       

7. Sweden       
Agnes - Release Me       

8. France       
David Guetta Feat. Rihanna - Who's That Chick?       
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
9. South Korea       
PSY - Gentleman       

10. Philippines       
The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha       

11. Greece       
Nikos Vertis - De me skeftesai (You do not think of me)       
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
12. Romania       
INNA - No Help       

13. USA       
Paramore - Misery Business       
1454 days 11 hours ago
chris2pei
You'll be given 5 days or until May 17th, Sunday 12pm EST to comment and vote.  Voting system will be in Eurovision style, You can copy this template for voting:

12 points:
10 points:
8 points:
7 points:
6 points:
5 points:
4 points:
3 points:
2 points:
1 points:

Best of luck!
1453 days 13 hours ago
chris2pei
1. Germany - Heard this before but this is still a BOP in my opinion.

2. UK - OMG! I loved this and I'm getting LSS to this song so I added it to my playlist. I loved the message and there's a high probability this will win.

3. Portugal - Even though I didn't understand Portuguese I really feel the attitude, gurl! I just loved the rhythm and you definitely snapped it!

4. Italy - Another non-English! Not my cup of tea. It takes time for me to get it on my head i guess.

5. Japan - YASSSSSS!!! OMG!!!! I loving this. This song getting stuck in my head.  I suck being Japan last season so whoever playing this, you have no right to snatch my wig!

6. Russia - Breath of fresh air hearing mellow and this lit. I liked the message of the song, Lena is stunning beautiful as well her voice.

7. Sweden - This is so catchy and enjoying listening to it. This giving me pre-2010s vibe at some point and she looks like Leona Lewis.

8. France - OMG i expected this being underrated.  This giving me disco vibes and this is quite amusing at some way.

9. South Korea - Heard this plenty times and I'm over this but I cannot help dancing while listening to this.

10. Philippines - I missed them :((( This is totally BOP and I'm so glad someone submit this even though this is predictable.

11. Greece - Oh this is cute and good ballad song it's take a while to listen to this kind of songs. Preferred to have English subs tho.

12. Romania - I'm getting a same vibes to this and Greece probably of the tune. I love the beat and enjoying this actually.

13. USA - Of all throwback entries this is so nostalgic, I'm beyond enjoying this once in a while. It's predictable entry once again but I can see the potential and I don't mind if this will win.
1453 days 5 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Germany: I really liked this but it was predictable like the winner of last year. When looking at acts i want to see those you may not expect to perform for a country.

UK: OMG! This was incredible. Now this is what Germany should have had this style of music because honestly i am living for it and everything was right.

Portugal: I liked this but honestly i don't think the attitude was right for this contest. However i liked that you chose a different language for the fact that it suited your voice and the song.

Italy: In comparison to last year, this was a let down. To have Ariana perform then we have this it's quite a let down. I expected more honestly.

Japan: OH MA SHIT! This is so catchy. I think this is a bop and i will not be surprised if you don't win this season because this is VERY STRONG.

Russia: The good thing is here that alot of russian artists will not perform in English alot of the time but i think this was such a strong performance and its giving me everything a song needs to be amazing.

Sweden: So i actually checked this and you and Leona who did the UK version are so similar. I think its really catchy and i never knew you sung this song but i think this is so strong and also your giving me shakira vibes.

France: And i oop. This is a good song, just not your best. I know you have a lot better and this was just not comparable to others i know of. Basically why didn't you do Titanium or Hey Mama because those songs would have given you such a better chance of winning.

South Korea: THANKS! You didn't use the obvius song that many would think you would use but you did a song that elevated your performance as it had that dance element with the song as well.

Philippines: I really think that this was a good performance. Obviously you guys arent together but the fact that you have done this performance impresses me.

Greece: This is really nice as a ballad but there was some boring bits of the song

Romania: I think this was another boring performance for me i am sorry.

USA: Predictable. I think it is a real good throwback but there was nothing more that excited me unfortunately
1452 days 11 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
1. Germany - "lush life" would've SWEPT this round, so this was kind of the wrong choice for a zara song. kind of grating and cringeworthy @ points, but it also pops off? i like it but she has a LOT better.
2. UK - LOL @ this song being here. it's the definition of an easy win, but there's a reason for it, isn't there? it's a pretty good pop song, and i just have 2 stan. i'm a sucker 4 the production n the melody. pretty cool stuff.
3. Portugal - oh, i lowkey stan yasmine tbh. her music isn't really my thing, but trust, i've had to deal w worse portuguese music here. it's very pleasant n chill, rlly digging the rnb vibes BUT i don't see all of TG rlly caring 4 it? but i do really like this.
4. Italy - yawn. male boring music's not my thing whatsoever, sorry 2 this man.
5. Japan - STREAM SAWAYAMA BY RINA SAWAYAMA AOTY SHE SNAPPED SO HARD MOM!!! this song is absolutely a MASTERPIECE with both the social commentary n for how it sounds in general... i love how "in the zone" it sounds. this is so good, bye. MOM <33
6. Russia - honestly i didn't expect 2 like this whatsoever, but it's kind of cute? it kept growing on me as it kept going. solid choice, i don't love it but it's a good song.
7. Sweden - agnes <333 a pretty obvious choice but i can't be mad @ it, leona lewis rlly did what she had 2 do. it's catchy, it's melodic and WHEW, that production. i can't help but not get chills everytime i hear it. don't think it will win but might be my favorite out of the obvious hits in this contest.
8. France - LOL yass @ the late 00s-early 10s nostalgia. honestly this was not the david guetta song that should've been submitted, "when love takes over" would've SWEPT i think... but that being said, this song is still pretty damn good! i mean, it sounds VERY of its time and the autotune is a little grating @ points... but it still goes off? rhenna n her powers <3 this is ace.
9. South Korea -

@ least it's not gangnam style i guess...
10. Philippines - GOD, this still goes off doesn't it? as a PCD stan, i MUST root for this. it's so sultry n sexy, and nicole rlly doesn't get enough credit for her vocals. one of the defining songs of the 00s and i can't help but stan.
11. Greece - mildly interesting production but i just couldn't get into this @ all. not my cup of tea, i'm afraid.
12. Romania - even though i prefer INNA's eurodance 2008-2012 era, i have room 4 her very basic but boppy songs from now. love the drop, love the production and love her vocals. far from the strongest song in this contest, but still a strong bop.
13. USA - i did NOT expect 2 see paramore in this contest LOOOL. not my favorite paramore song but i'll always have time for them <3 really great slice of pop rock and a great closer 2 this contest.
1450 days 20 hours ago
SeaViper
Germany- No, just no

UK- Overrated tbh, but still pretty decent

Portugal- Fine, but not the most exciting

Italy- Dull

Japan- That is some...nice makeup? I couldn't take my eyes off it! It distracted me from the song

Russia- This was fine

Sweden- This is one I feel like I will start to like the more I listen...but after a while it will just become annoying

France- No thanks...really no thanks

South Korea- YES

Phillipines- Quite nice

Greece- I am DEFINETELY NOT a fan

Romania- This just isn't the style of music I'm into, I'm afraid :/

USA- I seriously don't think they have a song I like...oof
1449 days 5 hours ago
hellocat
Germany- Zara Larsson is a queen and I want to find a reason to hate this and Honestly I can't with an iconic song

United Kingdom- One of the contenders to win, such a bop and I honestly can't fault it.

Portugal- I don't like this, very middle of the road and by the time it sort of built up it was too late for me.

Italy- nice song, but nothing interesting about it, rather bland.

Japan- THIS SONG SNAPS!!! STREAM SAWAYAMA Y'ALL. UGH another contender to win.

Russia- middle of the road in this contest, will probably end up mid table.

Sweden- obvious entry but honestly is iconic, Agnes kills this song in a good way.

France- Yeah I didn't like this.... at all.

South Korea- I think this is a last place finish for South Korea.

Philippines- definitely the best Pussycat Dolls song, don't think it will do amazingly well.

Greece- I think it's a sweet enough entry, but it won't do well and I think because it's too sweet 馃槀.

Romania- I love Inna so I love this, simple.

USA- I think this isn't a good Paramore song, definitely not the right pick
1448 days 23 hours ago
smallchild99
Germany: The song is fun, and the singing and beat is also really fun. I really really hate the message. It really comes off as kind of toxic and entitled, but we're not judging the message so I'm appreciating it for the fun bop that it is.

UK: I actually really enjoyed this song when it wasn't the chorus. The chorus though wasn't for me, but I did enjoy the tune. If it came on the radio I wouldn't change the station.

Portugal: Okay, the woman in this video is so damn beautiful and it really distracted me. When I didn't watch the video and just listened I really really enjoyed it! It really does sound beautiful and she has a good voice.

Italy: This song had 3 different tone changes, but it happened naturally so I'm not mad about it. It was a pretty good song!

Japan: This girl's voice reminded me a lot of Ariana Grande, and that isn't a bad thing. She has a very very strong voice, and I really enjoyed hearing her sing. The only critique I have of this is that it sounded a little bit repetitive.

Russia: This is the bubblegum version of Avril Levine.

Sweden: Holy shit this snapped hard. This is like a more professional version of Carly Rae Jepsen. I really really enjoyed this. This was super duper strong.

France: I really like Rhianna, but I feel this song is a bit weaker compared to what she usually does.

South Korea: This band had that really hit meme song way back when, and this song sounds exactly the same. It's like these guys don't have a different sound! I applaud you for doing something different though.

Philippines: This song is a fucking CLASSIC! I'm so shook at this. Thanks for making me feel like 5 again.

Greece: His voice is pretty good I think. It wasn't memorable though. I did enjoy it though and I did find it pretty catchy.

Romania: Oh this one is a goodie! I approve and this one was a fucking song that I could really see myself jamming too like an old mom.

USA: This is a fun song! Definitely a good song about a bitch being a bitch!
1448 days 19 hours ago
stuartlittle16
Germany - What a start to the competition tho. The beat goes hard. Certified bop.

UK - Love your voice. Was waiting for the song to reel me in tho.

Portugal - A fun little bop of a song that got me dancing.

Italy - It was a nice song, but not the right type of song to win.

Japan - Nice beat. Fun song. A top contender for sure so far.

Russia - You have a nice voice, its not a song to get a win tho.

Sweden - Ok this is a bop. Just gets you moving. Catchy.

France - Interesting choice. Could of done a better David song tbh.

South Korea - Very overplayed. But still catchy and a bop.

Philippines - Now this is a whole bop and will probably finish in top 5. Busta ruins the song tho.

Greece - I wasnt a fan of this as all really. Didnt get my attention.

Romania - Unexpected bop. The beat. Dance bop.

USA - Something different from the rest. An iconic rock bop.
1448 days 16 hours ago
DallasAndrew
Germany - No idea why she's representing Germany. The song is rythmatic, her vocals are good and the hip-hop influences are adding a little big of something. I'm not a fan personally, but it's an ok entry.
United Kingdom - The rythm is well-composed as to be really catchy at the chorus. Nothing incredible.
Portugal - I don't like the style, I like the language. Not enough.
Italy - It's a simply beautiful song, very effective and emotional.
Japan - The song has some catchy elements, but the composure of it is so strange and quite simple and repetitive.
Russia - The song has a happy rythm, but is quite simple and in the middle of the pack. Pleasant, but not impressive by anything.
Sweden - It's a generic track, in my opinion with no special moment to get too much attention.
France - Two big names with a really bad song, an annoying instrumental and a generic banal rythm.
South Korea - A little too common songs by famous artists used in the contest I would say. They are not adding anything. PSY is no exception here, I didn't enjoy at all this song.
Philippines - Don't know if I feel something about The Philippines with that one. The song is good, another maybe too faous one though.
Greece - Nothing extraordinary, but the music is really pleasant and quite catchy.
Romania - I think that Romania has more to offer than Inna, Delia, Alexandra Stan and Lidia Buble. This song is cheap.
USA - I'm not a fan of the band even though I like the style, their music is a little too generic. This one, in comparison to the other entries, is certainly one of the good ones, with a good energetic rythm and some power in it.

open group

Music Olympics - The New Generation

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!