This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

All Stars Redemption Forum

Topic » All Stars Redemption Forum

964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
REDEMPTION BATTLE RESULTS INCOMING - Sampled Songs

Donte - I Desire

vs

Jessie - Bounce Back

vs

Xakim - Bootylicious

Only one can stay......

Results Incoming.
964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
I Desire – This song immediately starts off strong. I immediately feel the vibe. This song is just like… cool? Salt and Pepa are always a cool throwback group to go to. As I say the song starts off really strong it continues off that same pace and vibe and really.. doesn’t go much else for most of the song. I kept like coming back in and out of the song in the last half of it. I went and listened to the song it was sampled from and I can see it in the beat and throughout the song. Its nothing I’d be able to naturally point out just listening to it without being told what it was sampling. Thoroughly enjoyed this song.
964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
Bounce Back – Bounce Back was a lot of fun. I haven’t ever dug to deep into Little Mix so this was my first exposure to this song and I’m really glad I got to know it. The song was great, the visuals in the music video were really vibrant which I really think fits the tone of the song. Listening to the sampled song and then this song to get an idea of what was being sampled, I think I enjoy how its incorporated into this song more than I do the original song. That being said I think it may be simple bias as this song is more of my vibe than the OG as well. I will say I feel like at a point it does get a little too repetitious and I feel like I’m sitting here waiting for something else in the song to happen.
964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
Bootylicious – If you didn’t know what you were listening too at first and wasn’t watching a music video you might immediately think this is Edge of Seventeen, then you get a little twist when you hear that “Kelly… can you handle this?”. The cool thing is it isn’t just an intro, the beat stays there the whole time. They even got Stevie Nicks in the music video to show their respect for her. I think a lot of songs by Destinys Child get a lot a flack because they always consider it “Beyonce and her backup singers”. I think Kelly actually get a decent amount of her own time in this song to get her own spotlight. I think its funny how in this era they are considered “Too Bootylicious” when you compare to what we see as having a big booty now adays. I almost just wish like… there was a bigger reference to edge of seventeen or more feature of Stevie in the music video besides the half a second she was there at the start. If you are using the entire beat of the song maybe just throw a line in, but maybe that’s just me.
964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
The first person NOT moving on and therefore offically eliminated from All Stars is......
Donte with I Desire. I'm sorry, but your time here is cut short. We've appreciated your time you put into this and we are sad to see you leave.
964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
The second person eliminated from the competition is.........
Jessie, with Bounce Back. This was such a good song. It was such a tough call for me between this and the winning song. You played a fantastic game this season and unfortunately you were just unlucky twice and just barely missed staying in.
964 days 13 hours ago
Hisoka
WOOOOOO
964 days 13 hours ago
oswordo3
We say goodbye to Jessie and Donte which means.... Xakim moves forward onto the next round of Redemption Battles!

Who will Xakim face off against next? What will the theme be? We will find out soon.
964 days 13 hours ago
Hisoka
YASSSSSSS
964 days 2 hours ago
oswordo3
Xakim, as the latest eliminated player has left the group as of right now it is seeming like you have an easy round to the next stage of redemption... but not a free pass.

For this redemption challenge I want you to show me.... a birthday celebration song that ISNT "Happy Birthday to You".

Good luck?
963 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka

Melanie said that she wanted to make a song about her birthday where no one showed up
962 days 2 hours ago
oswordo3
Xakim, as no one else showed up to her birthday party, no one else showed up to redemption. Congratulations, you move onto the next round.
960 days 16 hours ago
oswordo3
Welcome to redemption Kinny! You may be eliminated but that doesn't mean you can't still be a two time winner. All you have to do is crush redemption.

We are looking at a face off of, in my opinion, two of the best competitors from season 1. With that said, only one can stay.

ROUND 5  - Rest In Peace

I want you two to pick a song from a former living artist. The main rule is the singer can no longer be alive. Bands are allowed as long as the lead singer is the one who is dead.

Good Luck, Contestants
960 days 16 hours ago
oswordo3
(You will have until 9 am cst 9/18 to have your songs submitted)
960 days 13 hours ago
Kindred7
Wait what 9am?? Does that mean I missed it

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!