This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Kolby's Survivor: Australia - The Great Barrier Reef

Topic » Kolby's Survivor: Australia -..

2143 days 9 hours ago
ThePug
Hello! Missed me? After the ~two month long hiatus from now and Malaysia we're back with season THIRTEEN: Australia - The Great Barrier Reef. Featuring a smaller cast of sixteen newbies, with a more fast-paced and quicker season so we can get right into Rulers vs. Revolutionaries.

However this season should be nothing but overshadowed, Exile Island and an Idol Variant are joining us in Australia to potentially turn the game on its head! Once again, we'll have another season of "Draft-Vivor" hosted by Will, and hopefully joined by some of our one and only Robby Has a Podcast(s).

The casting process is currently underway but that's not stopping the contestants from sending pre-game confessionals. I'll be back to you with more information soon!
2143 days 9 hours ago
ThePug
Mud | Pre-Game Confessional, Day 0

Personal Best Tengaged Group Game Moment: Like most others, I love seeing the big redemption island/idol plays/big moovez, but I love it even more when I see my usually less flashy master plans unfold. For example, I was in the final 4 of an all-host big brother game, and I was 100% leaving because I was a much larger threat than the person next to me on the block, KaseyHope. NoBow was the head of household, and my biggest competition for the win. Kyle12212 was the sole vote to evict either me or Kasey, and basically NoBow's bitch. 30 minutes before he announces his eviction vote officially, he comes to me and says something like "I'm going to evict you because you're the biggest threat to win this game". Nothing new, but once he says that, my mind starts racing. I don't lie down and die. I think "what can I do to change this man's mind?" Then, I hatch a plan. It's a hail mary attempt, and I'm not expecting it to work at all. I basically tell him "You have zero shot of winning the game no matter who you're in the end with, so what's the point in evicting me? If you're not able to win, at least allow for a decent winner at the end of the game, while also guaranteeing yourself final 2". Honestly, he may have had a chance against Kasey in the f2, and Kasey most likely would've taken him to the final 2 as well. However, my last second manipulation actually paid off, and I found myself next to Kyle and NoBow in the final three. Another example would be flipping a 9-2-1-1 tribe onto my side, and voting out someone who had no chance of winning the game, but his sole purpose was to vote me out (Brady). One more is when after voting out Pieguy555 for 39th place in a 40 person cast, Julian got pissed and turned the entire game against me and my tribe. I was able to use my social skills to scratch, claw, and fight my way through the premerge, almost making the merge, only to be placed on a tribe with almost everyone who wanted me out. It's those kinds of moves, the impossible, the unheard of, that I love so much about group games. I'm a fighter, and whenever my back's against the wall, I come up with the strangest, most ingenuitive way to keep my ass in the game, and that's the spirit that I'm looking to bring onto this season.

What would you consider your best attribute and or skill to help you succeed in the game of Survivor: I'm a social beast when it comes to these games. It seems I have a special talent of keeping all votes off of me until I leave suddenly, and I always vote in the majority until I get voted out. My social skills allow me to be in a position where I'm calling the shots until people realize I'm the biggest threat in the game, and it usually takes either an idol or a few people flipping for my demise. My biggest weakness is making people think I'm non-threatening entering the late stages of the game, because 7th place is my best friend and my worst enemy. Just because I make genuine social bonds through these games, doesn't mean that I won't use them to my advantage and dispose these people in-game whenever I feel the need to!

What makes you stand out from the rest of the casting choices: After being incarcerated in one of the toughest high schools in the country for the last 4 years, it's been a struggle to balance my school life and my tengaged life to the point where I needed to cut down a little on both sides. In my junior year, I took a break from hosting so that I was able to continue playing group games. In my senior year, I felt the urge to host again so I gave up group-gaming and started to host again. I haven't played a group game since M&N's Survivor: Second Chances (which was still during school but whatever), and I feel like a fucking bomb about to explode with excitement. My group game prescription is long overdue, as is my appearance in this series. And you bet that nobody wants to be near me when that bomb explodes.

My schedule is free as fuck right now (which is why I'm writing this long ass app/confessional when I haven't even been casted yet) and I'm able to give even more energy than I usually give in group games. I miss that feeling in my stomach when I'm staring at my laptop, pressing the refresh button at record speeds while the votes are being read. Whether I start smiling in excitement because my plan worked, or my stomach drops after it doesn't, I miss the fun that playing group games has brought me in the past, and you bet I'll be giving it my all.

Just one request: Australia? Really? Why did it have to be Australia. Those Aussies really hate me on this site-me2013, obey_me...they better not be a part of some ratchet twist of yours. Seems like a really bad omen from the start, so an idol or two would be great to start off xoxoxo
2143 days 9 hours ago
Yandereboy12
ooo its baccccck
2141 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
So ready to follow this season! Mud is a big yes from me, experienced player but more experienced as a host, would be fun to see how he will do as a player in your series.
2140 days 18 hours ago
ThePug
@Fred
-
I'm super excited for this season too! Mud has both a ton of experience in hosting + playing games, so I see him going far no matter what circumstance he is placed under. It would take a lot to rock his boat so early in the game imo.
2140 days 6 hours ago
ferdinandz
I see that many of the applicants are new names (to me) but if someone knows that he is an experienced player and doesnt take advantage of it (being allies with him) then he could get targeted but my guess is that he will be the leader and likeable person that will go far, I would say late merge or even all the way, I will make a prediction and cast assesment later :)
2140 days 4 hours ago
CoachWade
Brady

Lol mud gave me a shoutout in his confession haha
2140 days 4 hours ago
Hufus
if mud's voted out we can cancel this season and move on to the next one
2140 days 2 hours ago
ThePug
Alright guys and gals! I'll be announcing the cast shortly - However, like the previous season this is ONLY to the Viewers Lounge. The current castaways won't know until the premiere tomorrow night, so this is under Kolby's Survivor Embargo like the confessionals haha.

Will (hellomynameis347) will be posting the Draft-Vivor later on tonight, where everyone can pick a team of three players! And like the prior Draft-Vivor, all rules of trading and exchanging are allowed.

[EORA]
- Stoner (Gaiaphagee)
- Patrick (Patrick319)
- Zach (IceMakeRampart)
- Mud (mudndawilderness)
- Eddie (NicoleF)
- Nikki (Avatar20)
- JP (TwentyOnePilots)
- Jake (Rodrigues75)

[OMBILA]
- Tiffany (Jaesus123)
- JB (_JB_)
- Chris (IRandomal123)
- JJ (moviedude)
- Tashi (Tashi)
- Brandan (Maladus1)
- Julian (TheSexiestDude990)
- Matyas (Neximos)
2140 days 2 hours ago
Silver09
This season looks legit I’m definitely keeping up with this one.
2139 days 14 hours ago
ThePug
This season is already looking to shape up well, we have a small - but stacked sixteen person cast. I had much more creative control with this cast, since a total of thirty-two applications were sent in. Meaning half the applications were cut. No one was essentially 'forced' on me this season.

And there was barely any spamming to be done, I did my original personal spamming to some potential apps and then did about two blogs and ended with this result. But, I believe some of the VL was scouting and helping too. Thanks folks! This summer season should definitely redeem the shit-show of the other one: Belize.

Now we have a wide-variety of castaways, some big old school names (Julian, Nikki, Chris, JB, Stoner.) then a good group of the more new school players (Eddie, Tashi, Zach.) the cast doesn't really have any duds, maybe apart from the two lesser named players that I don't know; but they had the better apps out of the people I didn't know.

Alright, I'm about to get into the cast assessment this morning! My person ritual is set-up, Chai Tea and some weird Indie Folk Music.
2139 days 13 hours ago
ThePug
~~~~~~~ CAST ASSESSMENT: AUSTRALIA - THE GREAT BARRIER REEF ~~~~~~~

- Eora -

Stoner: Surprisingly I've only played in one group game with him in the past, Dono's Survivor: Iceland, but I've heard tons of about him from just being in the community. Hence the name he's definitely the "stoner" type, but can easily use that to his advantage for others to underestimate him. Thinking he's just a non-threatening chill guy with a killer social game. He had me lulled in the season at points, thinking against making the move of taking him out, since I was aware he was a big threat, but it was still a hard call due to the above reasons stated.

Additionally, he has about fifty (?) seasons of Survivor under his belt that he hosted. Which is easily beneficial since it provides a Host-Player connection, the people that played in your series are used to sending you all the insight and feel you're there for them in a sense. So that can easily be transferred over in games with said player to start reeling them in more. It also provides general knowledge of your opponents, hell, he's hosted fifty something seasons so he's probably had 3/4 of this cast in his games which can definitely be used to your advantage. I'm predicting Chris will easily soar through the Pre-Merge but have some turmoil in the early merge; if he can overcome it I'm thinking a 5th-7th place boot.

Patrick: I have very little information to base anything off of from him. I know he played in Mud's Survivor "Side-To-Side" which was deemed the best or fair season overall, and I believe it was an easy win for him, if that can be a thing. Plus in group chats, I've seen him make some comments that are more on the cocky side. Even out of jest, that can make people dislike you, or put there threat goggles on and potentially be more lenient to target you due to that.

He also has the obvious connection on Eora: Mud. He won his season, they both know each other and that's probably an easy alliance to start off with. People were mentioning in the Skype-VL he was a "challenge threat" or was good at challenges, so that's definitely a good element to have in the Pre-Merge. Right now, even with being good at challenges I'm getting a sinking feeling that'll he'll be an early boot this season, around 14th-13th. However, I'm hoping I can be dead-wrong and surprised.

Zach: I've recently come off of another season of the esteemed Mud's Survivor: Heroes vs. Villain which Zach was a fellow diabolical villian with me. The thing was, he didn't do anything villainous that was apparent to me. Sure, he got into two verbal altercations in the Pre-Merge; but nothing inherently evil about his gameplayer. He was one of the most loyal players to me there.

I know for a fact him and Julian have a connection, and both play in a ton ORGs, but currently they're on separate tribes as of now. One huge con from my experience with Zach was his short-replies and not the best social game, throughout the season he was the most loyal guy to me, but many times I was nervous and scared he wasn't actually with me due to so casual and short answers to big plays in the game - Personally, that made me extremely nervous around him at first, but we got on call at some point in the game and he was instantly likable. I'm definitely rooting for Zach, but I'm pegging him as early to mid jury.

Mud: The current star of the season! Well.. to me. I've been waiting on him playing in my series from what, Haiti? Kuwait? But something's always come up with him hosting, or being pretty busy. Then I was able to book him for this season of Australia! Just looking at the cast he has a ton of connections, from people playing in his series, people he's close to, or have played in their series. There's a lot of potential avenues for him to go.

Gameplay wise, I'd say Mud and I have extremely similar and fall to the same downfalls in Survivor Group Games. His social game is his main facet in games, easily winning players in the game over and to work with him - Which is the most crucial out of all elements in the game. And that doesn't mention Mud being additionally a great strategic player, which is a given from hosting so many seasons and having a fairly good physical game too, he's an all around threat. But, I do believe the players that will be looking to take out big names will skip over him at first, targeting the Chris' and Julians first. There's no doubt in my mind Mud doesn't make it deep, but does he win? That's the big question, it's hard but I think I'm placing my money on him getting a "robbed" spot. 4th-6th.

Eddie: Now, Eddie is a member of the Tea Circle with me. Which gives him some initial connections with Tiffany and JP in the game, but they'll easily turn on each other before-long. I know Eddie has a good grasp on the game and how to play it, however I don't think he's the best on orchestrating it into action. He knows what to do, but it doesn't ever seem to play out the best for him. I think he could easily be a Pre-Merge boot, if he can make some tight social bonds without relying on JP in the game, I think he can get pretty far but I am placing my bet on somewhere early in the Pre-Merge.

Nikki: She's got an excellent social game, initially when I was playing a M&N's Survivor with her I was getting Clair (Haycsclair) vibes, one of the social butterfly heroic gameplayer types, but found out she's got much more villainous attributes to her and can be much more cutthroat then what I first perceived.

I'm definitely hyped for Nikki to play, and will for sure be one I'm mainly rooting for. However, she'll be going away on a trip for a few days about four days into the season, which may hinder her a bit, not able to play maximum activity; but if social ties are already made and put in place before then she could easily survive, and do I say...Win? If not get very close to the end, and place somewhere around, 4th.

- JP: I've seen him recently compete on a Big Brother Series - "Big Brother Unlimited" which he was one of the most strategic players in the season, dominating the game and pulling the strings from the shadows but slowly losing control towards the end with people figuring out he's behind such actions. Eliminating him near the end before he could face the jury.

Orchestrating some fun moves like faking fights with others players in the game to hide any connection there, and many other out of the box moves. He also has the Tea Circle connection with Eddie and Tiffany, however there is no way they're able to form a stable group, with JP mentioning to me beforehand his disdain for wanting to be on a season with Eddie again. So, that'll get trivial down the road, if not from the start. I'm feeling a mid-game boot, around 8th.

Jake: No idea who he is! And I say that in a good way. I'm feeling he could be a "Cai" type this season, someone no one really knows, and unexpectedly pops out and makes a name for himself. I know he's already pretty dedicated, messaging me questions and even saying he'd be online for the challenge all the way to 11EST. Which, shows some dedication! I like to make my challenges 20-50 minutes, and less of a chore and on the 'fun' side. But he's up for a freaking endurance challenge basically!

I don't have much to go off of on him, so I basically just rambled about challenges.. But I'll always throw out some random placement. Lets go with... a potential 2nd or 3rd Runner-Up placement.

.................................................................................................................

Eora tribe down! I'll get back to Ombila either right after the Premiere Tonight or prior to it. But it will be down, just one part at a time haha.
2139 days 9 hours ago
ferdinandz
Wait so Patrick is Pokepat?
2139 days 9 hours ago
Pokepat
no
2139 days 8 hours ago
CoachWade
Doing my predictions and assessments later! I’ve been thinking all day about a winter pick and I think I got a good one this time.
2139 days 8 hours ago
Hufus
what about ur summer pick, brady?

open group

[VL] Kolby's Survivor - Venezuela

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!