This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Apprentice -- Round 1

Topic » The Apprentice -- Round 1

785 days 18 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Candidates! Welcome to the first round of the game. For the first task of the season, we’ll be going to an old standby that used to be a common challenge when I first started playing Survivor group games on here. Let's play ”Flags of our Fuck Ups”!

To kick off the season, each team will be cracking open MS Paint to design a team flag. What you include on it is (mostly) up to you, the general guidelines I will say is that it should prominently feature your team’s color and should have the names of all your team members on it. Other than that, how you approach it is totally up in the air. You can all contribute ideas/work on the same flag, you can have a bunch of people do it individually and pick the best one, whatever works best for the team. Note that I will only accept a submission from the Project Manager, so what they decide will be final for the group. The judges will then select a winner, and the losing team will face the Board Room where somebody will be getting fired.

Submissions are due by 7 PM EST tomorrow. Good luck! If you’re a PM and won’t be on for the results, please message me in advance who you’re dragging in to the Boardroom with you to make the process go quicker.

For SCORING, each judge (Rachael, Ken, Kiara, and Jimmy) will score your flag out of 5. Viv will score your flag out of 10, meaning there are 30 points possible. If there is a TIE, then the team that submitted first will win.
785 days 6 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
hugs the judges
784 days 18 hours ago
boyfriend
Good evening judges, my name is Maya and as this week's project manager I am pleased to present to you the YELLOW TEAM FLAG:

To represent our innovative and entrepreneurial spirits we decided to incorporate animation into our team flag. The animation is inspired by the angles of the pyramid that appear on a dollar bill, while also reflecting the diagonal lines shared by the letter "y", the slash commonly included in currency symbols, and the percentage symbol. The flag iterates through each team member's name and an accompanying symbol of business, before finally landing on the full team flag with the entire roster animating along the border of the flag in a nod to a stock ticker. The final flag animation also includes different clocks to represent the global nature of our team.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949332653679734804/951623946778853406/TRIMMED_FLAG.gif

The animated version of the flag also makes for an easily mintable NFT!

The static versions of each team member's flag and the un-animated team flag are available in this Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/UTmtI7o

Thank you very much for your time.
784 days 16 hours ago
noah_kondon
Flags are not videos
784 days 16 hours ago
noah_kondon
flag1
/flaɡ/
Learn to pronounce
See definitions in:
All
Nautical
Naval
Sports
Computing
Music
Building
Plant
noun
a piece of cloth or similar material, typically oblong or square, attachable by one edge to a pole or rope and used as the symbol or emblem of a country or institution or as a decoration during public festivities.
784 days 16 hours ago
noah_kondon
I don't think the technology exists to play a video on a pice of cloth without a projector but that's just me
784 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
KIARA'S FEEDBACK:

RED: I like that I can clearly see everyone here! I love the fire theme and that you included the lovely Viv and even the lesser lowly judges like myself there. I chuckled at the go fund me as well. Def my fav (5 is my score)

YELLOW: I feel like you tried so hard to be high end that it failed. I may be in minority on this but I feel like the clocks are unnecessary, yes y’all names are at the bottom but it’s so tiny and not a clear representation. This doesn’t scream team flag to me. I had high hopes for you too. A shame (2 is my score)
784 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
KEN'S FEEDBACK:

Red- So I love the fact that you included Viv. She’s ultimately the only person here you want to be on a team with, so smart decision including her. I think your flag looks like you’re all burning in the flames of Hell, which feels like a place Viv would thrive in so good job there as well. I do wish you went a little further with it (loved the blingee idea personally, don’t know if it would’ve read though) Also you were smart and used this as a chance to cross promote and also start fundraising. And I appreciate that drive.

Yellow- I mean, there is absolutely a budget this season. I think the high of this flag is easily the stock ticker animation, and I really loved the kind of personal touch of adding everyone’s time zones. I do kind of feel like there weren’t as many people speaking up as there were on the other side. And I get that this isn’t everyone’s lane, but I do want to encourage people to step up with ideas. Also it’s kind of a urine color but tbh that might be a good thing for the sake of THIS program.

That’s what I said and I gave yellow a 4 and red a 3.5
784 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Score so far:
Red - 8.5
Yellow - 6
784 days 15 hours ago
boyfriend
Well kiara do you watch the show
784 days 5 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
RACHAEL'S SCORES:
Red - 4
Yellow - 5

Score so far:
Red - 12.5
Yellow - 11
784 days ago
SurvivorFan37
JIMMY'S SCORES:

Red: This flag is a little sloppy and not very appealing to the eye per sé. I like that I can clearly see who is on your tribe by using the individual avatars. I like that you had an overall concept and valid thought process on how to complete it. However, the end product is...lackluster.

My score for the Red team is a 3.

Yellow: I think the yellow team swung for the fences and unfortunately struck out. This "flag" looks like a slide I made in the 5th grade when I first learned how to use PowerPoint and tried to use every feature known to man. At first glance, the only thing i saw on the flag is, "YELLOW TEOM". That "A" you were going for is a god damn mess. The best part of the entire end product was the presentation. I think they did an amazing job trying to piece together some messy concepts so that this was not a complete and utter mess of a flag.

My score for the Yellow team is a 1.5.
784 days ago
SurvivorFan37
Score so far:

Score so far:
Red - 15.5
Yellow - 12.5
783 days 23 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
VIV'S FEEDBACK:

RED TEAM: 5/10
-- Unfortunately, I don't like the way this looks. Let me begin by pointing out the obvious distorted filter across the entire flag. I CANT SEE SHIT! Like, what is this? https://prnt.sc/Fyr7pFaYMKKZ I am very disappointed by the way that this has turned out. I don't like the "fire" theme just because you're red team. Grow the fuck up. This is a fucking BUSINESS. Nobody would relate fire to the color red unless you're a fucking 5 year old or you're a retired firefighter ex-military freak who is scared of fireworks and has to leave town for the 4th of July. I am expecting better from you guys moving forward. Your +5 points is coming from the fact that Sandy's eye is shot out in his picture. I would like to see more of that. Moving forward, my advice is for one you to literally [REDACTED] so that your team can garner sympathy from myself and the judges.

YELLOW TEAM: 10/10
-- This is excellent! Congratulations on being the winner of this week's challenge (in my opinion). It is elegant, classy, graceful, and professional. Well done. This is extremely original and well thought-out unlike your Red Team counterparts who legitimately may have brain damage. The clocks, the little ball things, the animation, omg it is just chef's kiss. I am very excited to see what else you guys have in store for me this season.
783 days 23 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Scores:
Red - 17.5
Yellow - 21

YELLOW TEAM WINS!

Yellow, congratulations, you are all safe for the round.
783 days 23 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Noah drags Boston Tris and Nolan

Noah is safe and leaves the Board Room

Nolan is fired.

open group

Will's One-Offs 6: The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!