This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM20 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM20 - Challenge &..

259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Sent via mail:

Garrett Neff//

Alton Mason (brunodrads): You chose the "September Serenity" route. Serenity is all about being calm and peaceful. I initially had not heard much about it before researching "Serenity September," but I guess it is a thing. Regarding your photo, I get the calm and relaxed vibes with your facial expression and pose. I believe that pose is probably very tough to pull off, but you show the "effortlessness" and "calmness" you speak of.

Anja Rubik (Delano): I had a different idea in mind of what I thought your photo would be based on your description. Regarding your photo, I think you did a great job incorporating the browns and tans and the long coat, which also gives autumn.

Chanel Iman (Dimitra): Chanel, you had a very interesting description that was very thought out. The clothing, being long sleeves, long pants, and thinner materials, helped capture autumn fashion. I also think tans and browns for sure scream autumn. I get the office/work approach you attempt, but for me, the clothing is what truly gives autumn.

Guinevere Van Seenus (CutieAmy): You had much detail in connecting each piece of your photo as you referenced the deer and the earthy tones and, at one point, the gaze. For me, the main focus is your calmness and serene look, which can be September Serenity.

Hunter Schafer (BreadNButter): Hunter, I get the whole full bloom and enjoy the flowers as when fall/autumn comes, they will longer be, but for me, I am more so getting spring here. The colors all give spring instead of autumn.

Kim Jong-in "Kai" (Minie): Kai, I am for sure getting autumn with the browns and tans here. The long coat also screams autumn going into the cold weather.

Sora Choi (spinfur): The lake and its overall look give spring, but I certainly get the serenity route you chose here. I can see calmness, peacefulness, and even reflection in your pose on the tree bark. I do, however, wish the photo was a little more zoom-in.

Violet Chachki (Ajathekween): Violet, I love the part of your description where you mentioned "shedding of the new" because the same can be said for leaves when they turn or shed from green to yellow or orange. Regarding your photo, I understand the whole change/transition in times of reflection and wanting to be calm and peaceful. 

Ming Xi (humanwebjet1): I do not quite understand how exactly this is autumn. The orange and yellow, if they were present, would have somewhat given autumn; however, orange and yellow are not necessarily the photo's main focus or primary colors. The blue takes over the photo and is the primary color here. It could be the leaves on the wall behind you, but that is not the focal point here. The clothing is not very autumn-like either; it is more so spring or summer.

Xu Meen (icyz): Xu, I can for sure see September/Autumn here, especially with the colors (the jacket more than anything) as well as the plantation, which screams autumn as well. I do not know, but with your photo, I can see it being a cold fall/autumn day. I also can see the serenity you speak of with your facial expression as it gives calmness.
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
The model who will win this week's challenge will have an advantage for this week's photoshoot - the challenge winner is allowed to have a model change their photo for this week.
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Judge Garrett's Top 2:

- Alton Mason
- Xu Meen
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Congratulations for winning the challenge....
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
XU MEEN!
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Congratulations Xu Meen, for this week - you are allowed to be a game changer by having a model of your choice, change their photo for this week's shoot which is coming up next.
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Here's where everybody stand....
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Challenge Scores:

Xu Meen - 9.0
Alton - 8.5
Anja - 8.0
Chanel - 8.0
Guinevere - 8.0
Kai - 8.0
Sora - 8.0
Violet - 8.0
Hunter - 7.0
Xi - 5.0
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #6

"Urban Legends"

Hello, Top 12, and welcome to your photoshoot. This week we are going to do something only Cycle 15: All-Stars has seen but also is one of my personal favorites.

In this captivating and eerie photoshoot, you will delve into the realm of urban legends - and by definition: An urban legend, urban myth, urban tale, or contemporary legend is a genre of folklore comprising stories circulated as true, especially as having happened to a friend or family member, often with horrifying or humorous elements - urban legends such as bloody mary, the call is coming from inside the house, the slender man.

Embodying the mysteries and tales that have captivated people's imaginations for years, The "Urban Legends" theme invites you to bring these haunting and intriguing stories to life through evocative and visually striking photos. Choose a specific urban legend to portray in your photo.

This photoshoot celebrates your storytelling prowess, creativity, and skill to convey emotions and narratives through imagery, resulting in a photo that captures the mystique of urban legends.

Provided below are notable examples of submissions made on NTM 15.

Since you know Xu Meen has an advantage of getting one person from all of you to change their photo, all but Xu Meen (assuming he won't be picking himself) need to have a backup photo which will only be MAILED TO ME which also should be submitted within the given time limit.

24 hours for the photoshoot. Thank you and good luck! x
259 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Notable NTM15 submissions for Urban Legends:

1.) Lucky Blue Smith - The Dark Watchers | Best Performance (Week 6) and Top 2 photo overall
https://i.postimg.cc/Fs0hjfpL/2-LUCKY.jpg
"The Dark Watchers (also known by early Spanish settlers as Los Vigilantes Oscuros) is a name given to a group of entities in California folklore purportedly seen observing travelers along the Santa Lucia Mountains. The Dark Watchers are described as tall, sometimes giant-sized featureless dark silhouettes often adorned with brimmed hats or walking sticks. They are most often reported to be seen in the hours around twilight and dawn. They are said to motionlessly watch travelers from the horizon along the Santa Lucia Mountain Range. According to legend, no one has seen one up close and if someone were to approach them, they disappear. So for this photoshoot I wanted to emulate the story behind the urban legend in a more modern day feel and tempo. Im portraying a Dark Watcher watching from unsuspecting travelers from a distance. You'd never really know what they look like but they see you. Hiding amongst the trees not really allowed to leave but look on to those that pass by."

2.) Saskia de Brauw - Ghost of Perchta | Ranked 2nd (Week 6) and Top 21 photo overall
https://i.postimg.cc/6pwtz9b1/21-SASKIA.jpg
"Based on Czech Republic version The White Lady is a ghost of Perchta of Ro啪mberk, who was the daughter of an important nobleman. She married another nobleman, and the marriage was not very happy. Perchta, typically dressed in a white gown was betrayed by husband. Legend has it, as her husband was dying...he asked for her forgiveness. Perchta refused, and her husband cursed her. Till this day, she haunts his castles as a ghost.  In the photo, I am depicted as a modern day Ghost of Perchta, displayed in a white gown. I wanted to include subtle inspirations of royalty within the picture so it will relates to the story and time period it took place in."

3.) Gigi Hadid - Nale Ba | Ranked 3rd (Week 6)
https://i.postimg.cc/QdbsyRRN/W6-GIGI.jpg
"The myth goes a witch roams the streets in the night and knocks the door. The witch apparently speaks in voices of your kin so you would be deceived to open the door. If you open it then you will die. However in some variations the spirit is believed to be a bridal ghost who roams around the town in search of her husband. She is known to take away the man of the house who is often the sole earning member of the family, therefore, bringing bad luck to the entire household. With my photo I wanted to incorporate both of those stories together my clothes are a black bridal gown to mix the bridal element and creepy factor of stories 1 and 2 together. Whilst the whole photo is set in a spooky scenery to drive home the elements of the first story."
259 days 1 hour ago
Minie
Congratulations Xu 馃憦
259 days 1 hour ago
Dimitra
Congrats Xu ! Amazing job 鉂わ笍
259 days 1 hour ago
CutieAmy
Not the ties omg congrats Xu

Holy shit this photoshoot sounds amazing
259 days 1 hour ago
brunodrads
Hugs my boyfriend so much 鉂わ笍

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!