This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM19 - Semi-Finals

309 days 1 hour ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Upside Down:

Anja Rubik (Delano): Anja overall, this was a solid yet simple photo. I think the yellow dress helps bring more attention to you with the white background.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): Similar to my comment regarding Anja, this photo was very solid yet simple. The color and pose for sure help draw my attention to you.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): FINALLY! I got what I have been asking and looking for with Upside Down! I have said season after season what my expectations are, and you gave it. I 100% agree that this photo looks better upside down; I love the pose and overall aesthetic. I always look for a photo that does not look rotated, and you gave a pretty good shot.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): No explanation? With the Upside Down photos, I always look for ones that do not look like they were rotated. Instead, they look natural because that is how they were truly taken. I led with that in my original season, and it went well with the judges, which is why I always lead with that. This shot, however, looked rotated; I think somewhat of an explanation would have probably helped just a little.
309 days 1 hour ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Infinity Stone:

Anja Rubik (Delano): I like this photo, despite you not looking directly at the camera and instead looking out the side, which can be viewed as risky, but overall, I like this.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): All right, Jackson! This was, no doubt, a fascinating take on the jewel. I love that Judge Reece mentioned you looking at your next target because I can 1000% see that with your photo.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): I was like…" Wait, where is she?" Nevertheless, it did not take long for me to notice you. I love your take on the "Mind Stone"; in some universes, you can control others' minds and what they can and can not do. If the photo was in color, my attention might not have gone to the "people" behind you first.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): V, This is probably one of, if not my favorite, shot from you tonight. I love the connection between your explanation to your photo. Everything you speak of with your shot is here and makes sense, so good job!
309 days 1 hour ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Malaika:

Anja Rubik (Delano): I can see the parallels between the two shots. The pose and facial expressions are almost identical. The object is not there, but you still did what needed to be done to mirror or show similarities between the two photos.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): This was a very nice shot of Malaika, I do not remember where it ranked on my rankings, but it should have been fairly high if it was not. Regarding your photo, I wonder if you are lying down since it looks like you are leaning against something instead of lying down. Regarding your facial expression, however, it is spot on with the original shot.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): I love your take on this photo of Malaika; I most defiantly see the parallels between both. I love your pose and facial expression, as it resembles Malaika's. Rianne, I was very close to saying this was my favorite shot from you tonight, but Upside Down is also up there.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): I love that you put your spin on this photo while also giving elements of Malaika's. I love the pose and the facial expression, so overall, this was amazing!

309 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
UPSIDE DOWN:

Anja - First of all, Congratulations Anja for making the semifinals! Onto your shot, this actually looks good. You were really popping. The white backdrop was a big help in making some illusion out of this. And it certainly looks like a yellow thing is falling into the ceiling. The facial expressions are on point as well.

Jackson - Congratulations, Jackson for making it to our semifinals! Speaking of an idea, this shot was really good. This was actually unexpected, but it kinda works commercially I might say. I won't say that the original shot may have been better upside down, but it definitely did not take away from what seems a good shot.

V - Firstly, Congratulations on making it to the semifinals, V! This is actually a good shot. I would say if it was me there, I would have chosen a full-body shot for this illusion, but this actually works just enough for me. The facial expression really was kind of what helped wrapped this beautifully I think.

Rianne - Last but certainly not least, Rianne congratulations on making the semifinals! Oh, this is art! The moment I clicked on this shot, I was blown. This made sense why you picked this particular shot, it definitely is magic upside down. That's something I am hoping for this photoshoot, looking as good or even better turned 180 degrees. Great job!
309 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
RECREATE:

Anja (Week 6: Taylor Swift Photoshoot) - First of all, I am glad you choose to recreate this particular photoshoot, this is a chance of redemption and you took it. Now, I actually liked this photo more. The whole mood of this - the setting, and the colors give the vibe I am looking for for this particular era, it felt sad and lonely. An easy Top 3 for you in my books if you posted this as your original shot for that week.

Jackson (Week 7: Jon Kortajarena Photoshoot) - Now, I do remember I am one of the more impressed judges when it came to your particular photo that week, which received a mixed reaction. For your new shot, I believe this definitely felt like something captivatingly unique. It gives an illusion of the way the camera angle was facing you, were you behind the glass or were you under it? Good job!

V (Week 2: Cara Delevingne Photoshoot) - This is a complete upgrade, V. Your original photo for the week wasn't as thorough as this one. It was very different from a literal face of an angel to look beaten up, which seemed to be a part of the story. You managed to gather the comments made by the judges in that particular photoshoot and applied them to your advantage here, that's how you recreate.

Rianne (Week 9: Lucky Blue Smith Photoshoot) - I also remembered your shot and I had mixed feeling about it, with it being a great shot but wasn't able to fully grasp the actual theme. Now this recreated shot was more toned down, it is very much simpler but it got to the theme better. I don't know how this will play out tonight because you're ought to go beyond this semifinals. Then again you did manage to get the theme right.
309 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
INFINITY STONE

Anja (Soul Stone) - I have to agree with your statement that the Soul Stone is probably one of the most powerful stones of the six. I actually like how you took the route you did in representing the stone, that in order to really get it you need to sacrifice a loved one, and it is thus irreversible. This is a beautiful shot, it kinda looked like a painting itself, it represented guilt pretty well I do hope I would have seen a sense of desperation and sadness too which is also part of the aftermath of your sacrifice.

Jackson (Power Stone) - For a visionary brand, I actually wasn't expecting you to pick the most obvious stone one. But I certainly see you going big which is how I saw this photo when I clicked it. Again, a very different take, very smart which is a very usual Jackson thing to do. I would have loved a more dominant or powerful facial expression and a tighter hold on that sphere to really make it more believable.

V (Reality Stone) - Well this was a huge risk you did V, and I liked your take on this. I don't think however this was up to match on how you have had a lot of photos that would have worked better in this theme. I liked the illusion which is very much a tweak to reality, definitely one of the capabilites of the stone. Again you hit the nail with the theme but it wasn't as impactful as I would have liked.

Rianne (Mind Stone) - Oh wow! I read your description first and when I saw your pick I was just mindblown, no pun intended. I wasn't expecting you to pick mind stone to begin with, this was just a perfect choice for you. This definitely felt like a power you possesses here, they were following you - or shall I say your manipulation and felt like everyone's on your grasp. Great job Rianne!
309 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
MALAIKA

Anja - I would agree with Judge Malaika here, and why shouldn't I? I see similarities with the concept, you being still - though you were looser and Malaika's more uptight. Now, other than that you also played with the color palette here being more on the monochromatic side rather than eye-popping ones. This is a nice shot.

Jackson - I like this shot! You were able to really let us feel what Malaika felt in the photoshoot but in a different setting, as the task for this was to bring your own element, I believe you really did. The emotions are on point, and the vibe and sad tone are also present. I also felt the serenity Malaika brought in her original photo.

V - Oh it's a risk you are doing Malaika's very last photoshoot. In itself I am impressed. Now going to your shot, I liked it. You took a similar approach with the posing, I would have loved it to be a little less formal, but it would just be me being nit-picky. I like the shot itself, and it really was a good Malaika tribute.

Rianne - She definitely gave female boss energy in that photoshoot, and I think you were able to tell it as well but not in the most intense way Malaika was able to give, maybe it was because of the facial expression. That body position however was slay, the dress didn't give you justice. Good shot!
309 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Process it all in. Panel will be in a few.
309 days ago
SeongWoo
Thank judge Garrett and Jerard 💕
309 days ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
309 days ago
spinfur
Here i don't know why the hell im nervous I'm literally a judge XD
309 days ago
SeongWoo
i can relate, me as a competitor i am DYING!!!!

spinfur
Here i don't know why the hell im nervous I'm literally a judge XD
309 days ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
309 days ago
Rubes
Thank you Judge Garrett and Judge Jerard! <33
309 days ago
tswiftlover13
Good luck everyone I am feeling the nerves too Malaika!

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!