This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (8)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

325 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Post(s) below are considered late submission(s).
324 days 23 hours ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-
Lion’s Majesty

https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2022/12/1839344/1839344-800w.jpg

Lions are known as kings of the jungle and are quite powerful animals taking control wherever they choose to go.

For this shot I am modeling in all gold, showcasing just how luxurious I am- while also making nods towards the kingly like behavior of a lion as gold is one of the colors used to represent royalty and wealth. This gold outfit makes me the center of attention therefore making me command peoples attention as I walk in the room.
——————————————
Sorry for being late, yesterday was not a great day for me at all! I know I should have came to you about it earlier but I was just not feeling doing much of anything at all. Obviously there is no excuses just wanted to sort of explain myself a little bit. Super sorry about it!
324 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
324 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Panel at 6 PM EST
324 days 5 hours ago
tswiftlover13
🤍Judge Taylor’s Critiques🤍

Doja Cat: This shot is GORGEOUS!!! I love the pose and your outfit! It fits the edgy but glamour aspect of the animal you picked to portray. The allure is there I’m quite captivated by your presence in this shot. I haven’t been active with judging but I’ve been watching being the scenes and you’re definitely one to watch!

Rianne Van Rompaey: I have to say.. my jaw DROPPED when I saw this shot. Your body positioning, facial expression and clothing is spot on for me.  Also I love when you said ‘I am climbing a tree to represent this resilience, no matter what I will get to the top even if it takes me all day.’ I LOVE THIS ENERGY! Since week 2 this is what I’ve seen from you.

Jackson Yee: Well this is interesting. I love the mystery you’re serving. And the fashion is flawless. I was a little put off at first but the more I looked at it the more I fell in love with the shot. It’s scary that I can’t see your eyes but I can feel them looking at me… I feel like you’re going to pounce on your prey at any moment.

Kim Woobin: This is very simple and not at all what I was expecting. I like the color aesthetic you’re serving here but not really connecting to the shot for the animal you picked to portray. I was looking for that fierce side to the Lion that’s the most important part for me.

V: When I opened your shot I instantly felt everything you stated in your post. I think you picked the right animal to portray. Your stance is definitely showing your inner strength. And I love the whole aesthetic of your shot.

Liu Wen: Compared to the other ‘Lion’ shot this was much better in my opinion. I don’t care you posted late because I’m LOVING the energy you’re serving here. You are commanding my attention. Your outfit is very BOLD. I am honestly floored by this shot. I love everything from your pose, outfit & facial expression. FIERCE AF!!!!
323 days 22 hours ago
SeongWoo
Thank you judge Taylor ♥
323 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
Judge Reece's comments (sent via mail):

Doja - Classic Doja! Your pose definitely conveys a sense of intrigue as if you’re beaconing someone closer. The snarl on your face works for me since it shows your fierceness compared to the rest of your body. Being surrounded by darkness except for a spotlight adds a mysterious element to this shot that’s much appreciated. I would have preferred an outfit that created a more alluring and mysterious presence.

Jackson - Talk about creativity! I’m so enticed with your presence. The structure looks perfectly balanced and doesn’t outshine you.
Under that structure, your eyes look ready to strike as if you’re luring us closer to you. Your small decisions are giving this photo an extra boost to an already ingraining scene.

Woobin - I know you were worried about your shot being perceived as “simple”, but as long as you’re maximizing each element in the shot then I’m happy. Sitting crossed legged is very formal, but your fist on your hip was a nice touch to give you a tough edge. It definitely hits your “at peace but don’t cross me” goal. The color scheme works well together, especially for a lion theme. I would have preferred a change of outfit to really give you a commanding presence. You’ve set yourself up so well with your pose and the looming shadow, so a more royal, bold, or glamorous outfit would have cemented a fierce presence that is unmistakably a lion.

V - I’m so happy with how this shot turned out! You’ve captured this tranquility so well and the fabric attached to your jacket was a nice touch. The colors not only resemble those of elephants, but it helps create a pleasing ethereal image. A note I have would be to switch up the pose. The hands in the pockets is a safe, effective move here, but I think you could have challenged yourself further.

Rianne - I didn’t expect anyone to pick the buffalo, arguably the toughest option, but I’m glad you gave it a chance. This is excellent! Your caption shows how much thought went into each feature of this photo and it certainly payed off. From no shoes to the dirt on your face, there is so much detail to an already breathtaking shot. You are exemplifying fearless energy and that pose is so striking. I have no notes for you tonight, well done!

Liu - First off I’m sorry you had a rough day during the photoshoot. I hope you’re feeling better. Now for your photoshoot. Your gold outfit is absolutely stunning and 100% gives you a commanding aura. It’s the star of this shot and it’s being embellished with those large ruffles. The big gold earrings were an unexpected, but smart addition. Your eyes are piercing in the best way. The only note I have is about the lighting. All of the colors are very bold here and I think an all around lighter background could have erased not only the shadow on your face, but highlighted the dress even more.
323 days 15 hours ago
SeongWoo
Thank you judge Reece ♥
323 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Doja (Leopard's Intrigue) - With how you played this season, I was shocked you picked this in the big five. I also noticed how "Elephant's Wisdom" would have also been an excellent choice for this shot with your hands being kinda the trunk and your pose going along with the requirements. However, this translated into a very intriguing shot still and captured allure.

Rianne (Buffalo's Resilience) - A very well thought explanation that turned this great photo into an even more outstanding one! Rianne, without a doubt you've grown into such quite a model with the short time you are here and this shot was really an example of it. I found your pick the hardest option in the big five so I was shocked you picked that. As you've said, this was a challenge, a risk that you were able to pull through.

Jackson (Leopard's Intrigue) - Easily your best shot this season. I was waiting for your moment this season, and this may be your week. Everything in this shot was an intrigue, a mystery. You look like something that's alluring but will pounce once a creature gets closer, very much how intriguing a leopard's beauty is. What a way to end the week, you may not even be needing that 2-point advantage.
323 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Woobin (Lion's Majesty) - I think this was a good shot, and I think in itself was the problem I had with you this week. This shot however would make waves in a week one shot. Now, I loved how you played with the color palette in relation to the lion. However, I don't know if you pulled through bold and luxurious here. I also did wish your facial expression would have given us the fierceness of the lion.

V (Elephant's Wisdom) - Everything you just said, every word translated flawlessly into your shot. Your choice I might say can do you wrong in so many ways and be deemed "too simple", but if done right could really capture attention, and I believe you really did the latter one. Again, what a way to close your week this week V, with another stunning shot.

Liu (Lion's Majesty) - And Liu's back! With how well you did in Week 1, I have been waiting for that shot that is its' level, and I believe that this was as good as that, and I believe this shot was the comeback shot. Now, you were able to capture that commanding presence of the lion. You were convincing with your outfit, an overall well put together shot.
323 days 14 hours ago
SeongWoo
OMG, Thank you so much judge Jerard ♥
323 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Panel in a few minutes.
323 days 14 hours ago
coolKat
Thank you all the judges ❤️
323 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
323 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
If you are here, don't hesitate to join in.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!