This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (2)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

379 days 2 hours ago
Minie
V
The Face of an Angel

I’m once again using the title to portray my shot. This angel is also showing a lot of feelings and emotions that can be found in the movie in general and as well as the sad messed up true story behind the movie such Confusion, Sadness, Disappointment, Misery etc.
https://imgur.com/a/9zShDQk
379 days 2 hours ago
Delano
Anja Rubik

My goal is to demonstrate the essence of the character Margot, being free to be what she wants and use what she wants. The film talks about breaking expectations, about the female power and the love she has for herself. My essay demonstrates that.

https://imgur.com/a/8Hlyvmn
378 days 23 hours ago
justdiana_
^Taís Araújo^

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets"

https://shre.ink/Qwj8

Hi Everyone! Today I have elected to present a splendid ensemble, inspired by the resplendent world of warfare depicted in this cinematic masterpiece. Drawing inspiration from the valiant protagonists, Valerian and Laureline, gallant human soldiers who exemplify unwavering preparedness, my sartorial creation emanates from the very essence of their indomitable spirit.
Moreover, another muse in shaping this captivating warrior garb was none other than Bubble, portrayed by the illustrious Rihanna. As an esteemed actress in the Alpha planet's theatrical realm, her initial appearance undoubtedly served as the bedrock for this impeccable attire. As this magnum opus exudes strength and vigor, it is imperative to showcase a visage brimming with potent resolve, underscored by a profound elegance that resonates harmoniously.
In crafting this ensemble, every element has been meticulously orchestrated to exude an unmistakable aura of readiness for battle, while simultaneously paying homage to the inherent grace possessed by this indomitable persona.
378 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
~ Rianne Van Rompaey ~

London Fields
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S_mlg4Mojis/VX1PlrmTxWI/AAAAAAAAGVw/VwlOisqFBd4/s1600/rianne%2B3.jpg

London Fields is a movie based on a woman that has been living with a dark premonition of her impeding death by murder. She knows that she is murdered on her 30th Birthday by one of three men in which she begins a tangled love affair with. In this photo I am taking inspiration from the main character which is Nicola Six, the woman that knows when and how she’s going to die. I am also taking inspiration from one of the first scenes in the movie where she walks into a bar coming from a burial service.

Inspiration: https://fr.web.img6.acsta.net/r_1280_720/pictures/19/11/21/12/17/5669075.jpg
378 days 22 hours ago
humanwebjet1
~ Du Juan ~

Suite Squad (2016)

"A cannibalistic metahuman criminal who suffers from a regressive atavism which caused him to develop reptilian features. Being a meta-human, he possesses near superhuman strength, high endurance, and the capacity to breathe underwater. His skin allows him to withstand high caliber weapons and skin abrasion."

https://i.ibb.co/WpDV3q9/Du-Juan-Fashion-Shoot11.jpg

Here is a short and concise description of Killer Croc (Waylon Jones) who is clearly a character on Suicide Squad with water-inspired powers. This movie, although comical at times, is centred around the archetype supervillain/anti-hero team. I have chosen a shot that embodies water-like powers, creating a captivating parallel to the persona and abilities of Killer Croc.

Every gaze and movement exudes an air of mystery and strength, reminiscent of Killer Croc prowling through the shadows. The darker shade of this shot is to reinforce the idea of the movie, Suicide Squad, that explores the lives of these "anti-heroes" I embody the essence of this formidable character, effortlessly fusing his persona and powers with my own. With each stride, he leaves an indelible mark on those who encounter him—a blend of raw power and captivating intrigue. And in this shot, I channel that very essence, emanating an ethereal beauty that intertwines with the force of nature itself. The water, like my attire, becomes an extension of my power, flowing effortlessly as I command its every movement. As I effortlessly manipulate the liquid, shaping it into intricate patterns akin to Killer Croc's formidable presence, I showcase a power beyond imagination.
378 days 22 hours ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-
Movie: Life in a Year
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8ekfhpVYAAuCai.jpg

This movie is essentially about the relationship of two people who become a couple despite the girl, Isabelle, having only a short time left to live. The guy, Daryn, decides to do everything he can to make her time she has left the best times of her life.

A big part of the movie comes towards the end, when after Isabelle finds out she has even less time than she thought, decides she wants to get married and plans a surprise wedding- which led to the couple sharing the happiest moment of their lives.

That is why I decided to model in a wedding gown to represent Isabelle during that moment.
378 days 21 hours ago
icyz
Steph -

Movie: Tulip Fever

https://ibb.co/hHKb03G

my film takes place in the 17th century and is well marked by the costumes of the time. So, for my photo I wanted to bring this aesthetic, my clothes and hair are very reminiscent of what was used centuries ago, and the hair color is to represent the colors of the tulips that appear over the course of the movie and bring an identity.
378 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
378 days 10 hours ago
spinfur
Jackson - So Jackson, one thing I have to commend you on is how you nail the fashion constantly, I had to look up all these movies and shows for this photoshoot, and after seeing reference photos and everything surrounded that, I could actually see this photo being apart of like a promo shot for the show. The show is a bit more on the comedic side though, so I do wish your expression in your face would be a little less serious but that was a minor gripe since I know your main inspiration was the aesthetic, and I also really do enjoy how the red sand adds to the overall photo. I think my critique with you going forward is showing a more fun or relaxed side of yourself since it seems the last few photos have been intense and serious, but overall I really enjoy this photo!

Woobin - So first thing out the bat I wish you gave us more in description regarding your connection to the film because it would make my job as a judge easier, with that being said when I looked up the film, I can understand the choice. I could see you being a mix of Alexei and Karenin just vying for the love of a woman who isn’t fully faithful to you. I could also see the shocked expression on your face. Making me think you knew or you just found out which could play on the themes of the movie you were assigned. Though overall I was given a bit more from you since something about this photo feels empty to me, it needs a touch of something more to really make it stand out to me.

Simon - I think this is a good photo from you, Her Smell is a very touching story about an addict recovering and the trials and turmoils from her pushing everyone that cared about her away, to in the end her saying enough is enough, and that she prioritizes her friends and family. I think looking at your photo I really do get the punk rock aspect and I enjoy the cigarette as an added touch. The only thing that bothers me is I wish you put a little bit more emotion behind this photoshoot instead of just trying to “act punk rock” because Her Smell is about so much more. I really want to see sadness on your face or anger or something that makes me connect it to Becky or the story itself. I think you have strong elements, I think you just need to elevate them.

Doja - Hey girlie! Just want to warn you I couldn’t originally access this photo so I had to ask a judge to help me, in the future try to download the images and upload them to imgur or something like that like some of your fellow models do.  On to the picture I couldn’t find much on my research but from what I understand this is a coming of age feel good movie, which I think really matches well with this photo. I think this is very fun and playful and reminds me of a teen. I also can see Viola in this photo. It’s simple and quirky, so good job I really have no complaints.

V - V… After reading your description I was actually really concerned because the challenge was to focus more on the movie itself, and the first line in your description was basing it off the title. Then you go on to explain the emotions of what the movie holds which… feels a bit of a cop-out to me. The Face Of An Angel was talking about a really tragic sad murder, and I think you could have taken this a million different ways. I see the connections to the emotions you're giving with your posing and emotions, but I fail to see the connection to the movie. Are you perhaps the angel of the person who got murdered? Are you sad about how this murder took so long to get solved? The photo needs a stronger connection to me because although I love the angel motif and you taking a risk, I think we needed a stronger connection than just the title.

Anja - After reading about Margo I think you hit the nail on the head, she’s viewed in these rose colored glasses that she’s the it girl, that she’s perfect, a girl that is so far out of reach to the main narrator. Margo wants to portray herself as someone who others want to see her as instead of someone who she wants to be. I think you nailed it with the cool girl appeal, and the whole attitude and vibe that I’m given from this photo. But I also can see a hidden side in your eyes that this isn’t what you truly want, but what you need in order to be cool. Honestly this is really strong, the only critique I’m going to give you is this is your third black and white photo I’ve seen from you. I really want you to push yourself and give us something different for the next photoshoot because I know you have it in you.

Vanessa - So Jerard did an oopsy and the correct thing you were assigned was Carnival Row, but honestly… I don’t think you even bother doing that research yourself because gypsies have no connection to Carnival Row, or that you even corrected the mistake or even asked for clarification. I just think you post a photo and hope it works, and yes I’m going to chew you out for this because it doesn’t seem like you’re putting any effort into your photos, and you’re just posting the first photo you see. Carnival Row is a mystical show about fae and mythical creatures trying to survive the human world while a detective tries to solve murders within the fae community. Where does that description relate to gypsies? I’m just extremely disappointed in you Vanessa, and if you survive this photoshoot, I need you to step up.

Tais - Hey Tais! I understand where you’re going with this, and I think you’re almost there. I love how you incorporated many elements from the movie into your description, and really wrote out and justified everything. More than I could say about a lot of your other contestants, however looking at this photo I’m getting BDSM dominatrix type vibes which is different from what you’re describing. I think perhaps adding an element of sci-fi or something, or even changing up the backing to something more outdoors would really work out. I also see the comparison from the outfits of the humans in the movie, and their sorta armor. I think you almost got to that place where this would be an amazing photo, just needs a few elements changed so my mind isn’t going elsewhere.

Rianne - I love that you provided an inspiration pic, and I absolutely adore your description because it gives me a summary of the movie, and it gives me something connecting your picture. I also love the attitude you’re giving in this photoshoot, it’s like you know your death is coming so it doesn’t really phase you. I love the funeral attire and the autumn background, everything comes together perfectly. Plus the angle of the photo really works out, like this is one of the few times I think a half body shot really works out because I can just see that you’re looking down at your body with contempt as your next action would be turning away. Really good job!

Juan - Juan I’m going to be honest and say my jaw completely dropped when I saw this photo. When I saw you were gonna portray Killer Croc I thought it was gonna be edgy, but I did not expect this beautiful photo to appear. Like you took all the elements of what you explained and somehow blended it with who you are and your background which is what amazes me. I think this is your breakout photoshoot because this is amazing to me. The only critique I had is that the lighting was better and the words in the corner would disappear but other than that this is perfection, really good job.

Liu - Liu I understand your reference, I just can’t help being disappointed because the photo is a bit small, and half of it is being taken up by the wedding dress. I’m also just confused by your posing and expression, like it looked like you just died by how you’re staring at the camera, it just seems very empty and static, not at all dynamic from previous photos I’ve seen you in. I understand this was a struggle for you this week, but I don’t think this photo worked in your favor, I think perhaps something more happy or exploring themes of living life to your fullest could be better, it really kills me to see your struggle coming right off of a win.

Steph - I think this is a good photo in regards to your inspiration, I definitely could see this outfit and combination being plucked from the film, and you being modernized. I think honestly that’s what you do best is pluck yourself from your inspiration and show it off in a modernized way. My challenge for you for similar challenges to this is to push yourself into finding deeper meaning behind your source material, and bringing to light something that is unexpected. It seems like you always scratch the surface level, and I want you to go deeper. Overall though this photo isn’t bad, and I really enjoyed the full focus on you. You look absolutely stunning.
378 days 2 hours ago
coolKat
(The image is small for you? That sucks, it shows up normally on my end)
378 days ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Anja Rubik (Delano) - I feel two ways about this shot which now has me on the fence. First, I see the whole female empowerment aspect; however, without the description and just looking at the photo, I would not have known what you were trying to illustrate, whereas with some shots, its often easy to understand; okay, this, this, and this is what they are showing.

Doja Cat (Ajathekween) - I agree the clothing is not something that a young Viola would have worn. However, I can see the whole "bubbly" personality you are speaking of here with the expression.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo) - This was a stretch, but it was a very, very solid stretch. I love the illusion of "blood" with the red sand; I love your facial expression, as it's serious and a little mysterious at the same time. The only thing I will critique, which could be me being just a little picky, would be the umbrella as that could allude to being outside with the movie being "Only Murders in the Building," but that's just me being picky overall good job!

Du Juan (humanwebjet1) - Du, I like this photo. I can see the inspiration for "Killer Croc" with the whole green ensemble, and it also helped that you were in some water, so good job.

Liu Wen (coolKat) - I second pretty much everything Judge Malaika stated, I believe the facial expression does not help the overall what I would believe to be happy theme.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes) - I believe the description and the inspiration shot from the movie both helped paint a picture of what you were trying to portray here. I don't have much to say since I believe this shot was put together very well.

Simon Nessman (LaCroix) - Simon, this was a really good attempt. I can see punk rock with the gloves, the shirt, the necklace, and the overall edgy look. The cigarette is a solid representation of the addiction aspect you spoke of in terms of the film, so overall, this was a nice photo.

Steph Shiu (icyz) - Steph, I can see the parallel you were trying to make with the clothing, but that's all I'm getting. A little more scenery to accurately depict the theme would have helped.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie) - Kim, I like this. You hit pretty much every aspect of the title. The first aspect is the angel wings to allude to the "angel" concept, then the emotional aspect with your facial expression. This may just be me being picky, but I wish you were looking into the camera; however not looking directly at the camera did not mess up the shot. This is still a good shot, even with you not facing it head-on.

Tais Araujo (justdiana_) - I can see the connection you're trying to make with the parallels of doing battle from the movie with the whip; however, that's pretty much all I am taking from the shot. I believe the facial expression threw the theme you were trying to portray, which was serious, as anyone getting ready to battle would have a more serious look.

Vanessa Hudgens (Tommy123) - Carnival Row does not focus on gypsies; therefore, I believe a lack of research messed you up here. The movie focuses on fairies and other creatures trying to co-exist with humans.

Kim Woobin (camell22) - I believe this was a little too basic, if I am honest. You can wear a suit; however, I need the extra spark to set it over the edge and make real parallels to your assigned movie, but I didn't get that here.

Garrett’s Top 3 in NO particular order:

- Kim Taehyung “V”
- Simone Nessman
- Du Juan
378 days ago
coolKat
(Yeah it was hard finding a photo that represented happiness that wasn’t poor quality)
377 days 10 hours ago
tswiftlover13
🤍Judge Taylor’s Critiques🤍

Jackson: I’ve never seen this show but I have seen a trailer for it so I know what it’s about. This is an interesting shot. I really like how you used the sand as blood. The facial expression is perfect. All in all, Very creative!! Fashion is on point here; the only thing that feels out of place for me is the bag. But still a solid shot!

Kim: Well being completely transparent with you, This is so bland. I don’t know how to feel about your photo tonight. I am not getting any of what you’re trying to sell here. There is no character you’ve compared yourself to. You look lost and nervous in your photo. I know this movie like the back of my hand and I wanted to see any resemblance of it right away when opening your photo… I’ve been staring at it for the past five minutes and I still feel lost on who or what you’re portraying in this photo. Your description didn’t help at all with connecting your photo to the film you were given.

Simon: I like your photo! But I don’t like it for this particular theme. You were given a great film. Actually it’s one I’ve watched multiple times. I love Elisabeth Moss. I was really hoping to see that sadness & anger that comes from addiction. Or her desperation to be needed and wanted by her fans. I get you went for the “punk” aspect but there is so much more to this film than the type of music she performs. I feel like this photo is giving me sex, very steamy and hot sex. But unfortunately that’s not what your movie is about.

Doja: OH!! THIS is INTERESTING!! I was wondering what you’d do with this film and you’ve exceeded my expectations!!! After last week I was hoping you would stay on a high and you definitely have! This is very fun and since you're portraying a young teen this feels like something a rebellious eccentric teen would do. You have my favorite photo so far!

V: I really love black and white photos. I feel like they bring more drama to what we are seeing.  But.. I cannot see any type of connection to the movie you were given. Yes the title has the word Angel in it but that doesn’t mean you should strap on a pair of wings, look bored/sad? and call it a day. Feels dull. This movie has so many more layers to it than what you are trying to sell here. I get your going off the emotions but maybe if you had described which character you were going for here it would have made more sense? If the theme were ‘Angels’ you would have my favorite shot.

Anja: YES!! This is brilliant. You nailed this film. I have seen this one a million times and I was really excited to what you’d do here so kudos to you for hitting it out of the park tonight. I have little critique for you because I am honestly at a loss for words at how iconic this shot it.

Vanessa: Alright, So this show is actually about mythological immigrant creatures. So fairies aka ‘Fae culture’. I don’t think you did any research here. Your photo is nice but it’s not striking or out of this world which is what I was hoping to see from you when you were given ‘Carnival Row’ not an actual Carnival btw. You could have gone so many ways with this series. You could have gone mythical or even Victorian as it’s set in a Victorian fantasy world. Your photo screams 70’s Disco realness. So completely different from what the series is about.

Taís: Well this is interesting. I don’t hate this shot. It’s just not giving me any type of connection to the film you were assigned. You are giving me 50 Shades of Grey ready to spank someone. I am a little intimidated by you right now lol. But seriously this is just not doing anything for me.

Rianne:OKAY!! THIS, This is how you win me over. You not only provided a specific character you were referencing but you even provided an inspiration pic!!! I love your shot. It's very dramatic, high fashion & all around a solid shot. You went for it and in my opinion you succeeded. I thought I already saw my favorite shot of the night but nope here it is.

Du: I LOVE THIS MOVIE! And Killer Croc was the last person I thought you’d portray so I was a bit nervous for you but WOW! This has my jaw ON THE FLOOR!! You did not come to play this theme. I love how the darkness of the photo makes you seem more edgy and on point for this character. And the fact you are posing in water makes this 100x better for me!!! KILLER SHOT.

Liu: I completely see where you’re going here but I think I got lost a bit. With the expression on your face and the dress taking over your shot. I was scared when I opened your shot because you looked dead. I mean, I know she’s dying but damn. I also found myself looking for her legs more than anything else. Mostly just confused by this photo.

Steph: I LOVE THIS FILM!!! The plot is so interesting. I feel like just going off the clothes they wore in the 17th century is pretty boring only because this theme called for you to connect with something about the film, not the clothing from that time period. A film like this with so many layers you could have done so much more. Back to your photo, Seeing as you were going more for the fashion instead of the plot… Your outfit is being drowned out by the background. And since your hair is quite scintillating it takes away from your outfit. I do love your facial expression! And that black lip is stunning on you!!!!!!!
377 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be posted at 6PM EST tonight.

Goodluck! x

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!