This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM14 - Challenge & Photoshoot (3)

Topic » #NTM14 - Challenge &..

1589 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
We're now waiting for the judges to comment.
1589 days 2 hours ago
Tinkerbelll
What about the challenge
1588 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
^^^ Yeah is Carly still doing it?
1588 days 20 hours ago
Jerard
Sui is the challenge judge :)
1588 days 20 hours ago
Rubes
Oh whoops yeah I meant Sui sorry!
1588 days 16 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Bella Hadid (Rubes)
Stunning gown and overall a good shot. You look great and I like the unconventional background you used.

- Coco Rocha (Tinkerbelll)
I wish this shot was larger, but I do love the vibe you’re giving in this shot. The styling is on point and overall a great look for you.

- Efren Perdomo (nahuelaqua300)
This is a bit blurry and doesn’t come across as a professional shot. I think you could have submitted something stronger.

- Jhonattan Burjack (Russell11)
Truly love this styling and it’s so rich. You did an excellent job with the wardrobe and overall pose of this shot.

- Jon Kortajarena (tast519)
The text is distracting, but if it wasn’t there this would be an interesting shot. I think you could have went for something a bit stronger.

- Laith Ashley (chris2pei)
Absolutely love this shot. It’s not typical and the styling is more on the high fashion side. Very well done.

- Lizzo Jefferson (nateclove)
It’s nice to finally see you with a professional shot. You look stunning and I love that you went for hair pieces and not just the typical gown.

- Luka Sabbat (spinfur)
This was a great mix of the black and white filter and your overall styling. There’s not a lot of jewels but this still looks like a great, rich shot.

- Miles McMillan (coolKat)
I love the vibe of this shot and how you didn’t settle for gender norms. You look stunning and I love how you and the jewelry complement each other.

- Nyakim Gatwech (varlto)
I love the styling and you look amazing, but this isn’t a professional shot. It’s candid and that’s disappointing.
1588 days 15 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

So this week you guys had to bring out your best clothing and jewelry. You all had to what you consider luxurious.

Bella Hadid (Rubes): Bella, This was a really good shot. I like the outfit as it does indeed showcase opulence. I feel like the setting not being what we consider luxurious in this case helped you stand out that much more. I like your facial expression and pose so overall this was good.

Coco Rocha (Tinkerbelll): To me, this photo does not showcase great wealth or luxuriousness. Seeing the fan and the background it kinda reminds me of working women or someone who would be in the factory.

Efren Perdomo (nahuelaqua300): Unfortunately this one didn’t work for me, Efren. Starting with the outfit itself I don’t think it showcases wealth except for the watch and possibly the glasses. To me, this is not a professionally taken photo it kinda looks very tourist-like.

Jhonattan Burjack (Russell11): I don’t think this showcases opulence or luxuriousness as a whole. I can see where you were going with the suit and possibly the glasses but that’s about it. I think the background would have helped this photo much more but when I look at this photo I just see it as an ad campaign.

Jon Kortajarena (tast519): When I first saw this photo I immediately thought Pirates of the Caribbean. Jon, I wish this was a full-body shot I think showcasing your full-frame would have set this photo apart from others. I’m guessing your opulence is with the necklace covering your eyes along with the suit.

Laith Ashley (chris2pei): I like this photo, I think the outfit itself does showcase opulence. I wish you would have looked at the camera with your same facial expression but other than that this is a good photo.

Lizzo Jefferson (nateclove): I think this was a good representation of “Wealth”. I can see with your dress and the jewels in your hair where you were going with this one, my only thing for this photo would be I wish it was a full-body shot and not from the chest up. I think a full body shot with a nice pose and you looking into the mirror would have made this photo that much better.

Luka Sabbat (spinfur): I’m on the fence with this one Luka. On one hand, I like what you did with the outfit as it is something someone would normally wear on a day to day basis but on the other hand, I feel like something was missing from the photo.

Miles McMillan (coolKat): For a few photos I wished they were full body as I believe it would have made their photos that much better but in this case, a beauty shot was the best thing to do. I like your strong facial expression the jewels were a great accessory and overall everything worked for this photo so overall this was a great shot Miles.

Nyakim Gatwech (varlto): I’m not a fan of this one to me this does not showcase wealth or luxuriousness as a whole. The photo itself looks very simple and for this one, I feel like going that extra step just a little bit would have not been too over the top but just enough and here I did see that at all.

Garretts Top 3 in no particular order:

- Laith Ashley
- Bella Hadid
- Miles McMillan
1588 days 14 hours ago
Neme91
LUCKY BLUE SMITH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome back models, I have to say kudos to Bella for choosing a very technical photoshoot for this round. One thing about being a model is you have to know when to let the clothing wear you and when not to. Knowing the difference between the two can make and break you in this industry. 

Lizzo Jefferson (nateclove)
~ Immediately loved this photo off first glance. Examining the photo, you just look breathtakingly beautiful. I think you nailed the “opulence” affect of this photo so I commend you.

Jon Kortajarena (tast519)
~ One advice that I could give to you is to try and avoid having text on your photos (trust me I’ve been there). Overall the photo is nice and I do like what you were trying to achieve. Not entirely sure if you hit the cue but it’s not bad.

Laith Ashley (chris2pei)
~ For me, when I look at the photos I keep telling myself “wear the clothing don’t let it wear you”. This is what I mean. I think the opulence in the clothing brings the beauty of this shot out but then I gaze up to your industrious face and everything you are doing from pose, smize, etc is making this work more.

Coco Rocha (Tinkerbelll)
~ So Coco I think you were on the right track with this photo but it missed the mark by a slight and I do have to agree that it has to do with the setting and the prop. You on the other hand look lovely and I think the look is also exquiste but I also do feel the opulence of the photo isn’t as up to par as it could’ve been under different circumstances.

Jhonattan Burjack (Russell11)
~ I fought for you last week very hard so I expect greatness from you because I see potential in you. You need to start coming out with showstopping photos because this is not cutting it. I don’t think you fully hit the mark like I was hoping.

Efren Perdomo (nahuelaqua300)
~ EFREN WHAT THE $@%# IS THIS!!!!!! You are another model that I see as having hidden potential just if you choose the right shot. I don’t know exactly what you were thinking by submitting this because not saying this isn’t a professional shot photo but I feel as if it has nothing to do with the theme of the week. I’m disappointed.

Nyakim Gatwech (varlto)
~ I’m one of the main advocates to my fellow judges that not every photo needs to be “Professional”. A MODEL can take a very good candid photo if I say so myself. Now onto you, I think you have a very interesting look to you and you indeed are beautiful but if I can be honest, I don’t pay attention to you. Not one shot you have submitted has made me think that Nyakim has a shot to be the next top model. This shot did not make my change my mind.

Miles McMillan (coolKat)
~ You Miles are another person like Nyakim in which I don’t pay any attention to you. You’re in this competition and that’s it. Kind of like Olivia. I haven’t seen your breakout photo. This isn’t bad but this isn’t good.

Luka Sabbat (spinfur)
~ I like you Luka, and I go to bat for you but this photo deems safe. It’s safe and I love the shot and filter but it doesn’t scream wealth. It doesn’t scream going the extra mile to show the beauty within itself it.

Bella Hadid (Rubes)
~ You BETTER!!!!! Show these people what opulence is MS. HADID!!!! I really love the fact you chose the photoshoot and then came out banging and knocking it out the park. I got my eyes on you now Ms. Hadid. I’m watching you because this is good and you need to keep it up and you just might be a Next Top Model.
1588 days 14 hours ago
Neme91
After looking at all photos and typing up my comments It deemed on me that this is the cast of season 14 of Next Top Model and over HALF of YALL are playing it safe as a wombat. My season, season 8 we had 5 people that literally had the every chance shot at winning our season from the bat. That was me, Sui, Lily Collins, Francisco Lewchowska, and Elva. Then we had the underdog nobody paid attention to and she went far cause she was killer in Gigi Hadid.

When I look at this cast I’m really bored because 3 photoshoots in and I think my rankings have been very similar. The only person I see in the running is Bella and Laith.

I see Lizzo as the underdog people need to watch out for. And I see the other people that COULD be in the running if they actually start stepping out and showing it is Luka, Miles and Coco.

Efren, Jon, Johnatten, and Nyakim you guys at the moment are seat fillers because you aren’t giving me anything and that makes for a boring season. If I can predict the next 4 to go that means I have low expectations because I don’t see you out performing what you gave us last week. I need you to change my mind.

Today the categories for me are:

NAILED IT
STEP UP

NAILED IT

Bella
Laith
Lizzo

STEP UP

Luka
Miles
Jon
Coco
Nyakim
Johnattan
Efren
1588 days 14 hours ago
Neme91
and the funny thing about the people I listed from my season was that we ended up being the final 5.
1588 days 14 hours ago
Neme91
Oh and before I do leave let me say one less thing. The photos you give us now adds to your portfolio....meaning we rejudge these photos when it's time for the finals...So because it's "early" shouldn't mean you have time to play it safe. We looking for the NEXT top model, not just a model. K I'm done.
1588 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be today at about 8am to 9am EST
1588 days 7 hours ago
haycsclair
COLORS CHALLENGE COMMENTS:

First of all, who did gave some of you to reserve color for this challenge? If you picked a color, then you should have posted immediately a photo right after. It's unfair for those models who had already a photo in hand but couldn't post just because their chosen color was reserved. Keep your "attitude" in check.

BELLA HADID (Brown) - There's no redeeming quality in your shot. You weren't able to give life to the "dull color brown". The face looks dead, the outfit looks cheap, and you standing there doesn't make the shot worthy of a second glance.

COCO ROCHA (Pink) - I LOVE IT! You really look so sweet and angelic in the photo. The "awkward" poses always work for you and it shows in this one. Your face looks divine and I love the pink outfit. That plus your hair style give this shot a sweet and teeny vibe. You're starting to grow on me after your not-so-impressive performance during the first week. Thank you!

EFREN PERDOMO (Dark Green) - I like it. You took a different route by applying your chosen color to your personality and it translated in the shot. You look relaxed and very natural. Your facial expression and outfit look very homey. The pose is simple but it works for your concept and you made dark green easy on the eyes.

JHONATTAN BURJACK (Light Green) - You tried but to no avail. I know you know the truth that the blue color stands out and the light green balls doesn't make the jacket pop in this shot. Your pose and facial expression are solid and you are really selling the outfit. It's just that the light green color doesn't serve its purpose in the shot.

JON KARTAJARENA (Black) - I definitely agree you do overthink at times and it shows again in this photo. This is not an over-the-top pose as it is way too simple. What caught my attention is the yellow part in the background, not your black suit.

LAITH ASHLEY (Orange) - Everything you've said in your explanation doesn't resonate in the shot. It looks dull and I can't feel and see the joy and happiness vibe through it. The outfit looks very unflattering and your pose is very weak. I don't see the positive energy on your face. This photo feels flat and doesn't nail the theme.

LIZZO JEFFERSON (Purple) - The quality of your photos is really improving. It's a good shot but I don't see anything in your description that translated in the photo. The purple gown is wearing you and the text is really distracting.

LUKA SABBAT (Blue) - The shot could be anything but relaxing and refreshing. There's too much going on in the photo that I dunno what's the focal subject. Your facial expression looks tired and your pose is almost as the same as your pose in the last photo shoot - slouchy in a bad way. You should start thinking outside the box.

MILES McMILLAN (White) - I like how you incorporated the color white in this shot. The solid pose highlights your white suit and it blends well with the white background. As much as I like your facial expression, I don't think it resonates with pure and innocence. Plus the text is very distracting.

NYAKIM GATWECH (Red) - You look good in a red gown and your pose highlighted it in a very astonishing way. The problem is that I don't see the bravery you are talking about. Bravery is different from confidence and that's what I'm seeing in here - a confident woman, not a brave lady.

----------

KYLIE JENNER (Yellow) - I'm disappointed with you. I saw you online before the challenge came to an end and reminded you about the color left for you to work on. But you didn't submit. This would have worked: https://imgur.com/a/ay23PO5 but you chose to ignore my message.
1588 days 6 hours ago
nikw98
Hello Models! It's your favorite underdog, Lenox!
Before i submit my comments I just wanted to talk to you guys for a bit. Some of mine, and fellow judges', comments may seem harsh, but we really just want to push you. We are about to be on week 4 and the majority of you have submitted photos that are less than great. YOU SHOULD NOT BE SENDING SAFE PHOTOS. I'm tired of judging a photo and commenting "this seemed safe." That should NEVER be a comment that i'm writing, because people who are safe are fillers. And fillers are NOT the NEXT TOP MODEL!
xoxo
1588 days 6 hours ago
nikw98
Luka Sabbat:
As nice as this photo is. It seems very safe to me. It looks like a shot that you had deemed as “good enough” and not a shot that you thought would win you the challenge. With that being said, I do believe this shot is at least good enough for me. I’m kind of disappointed though. Coming into this season I feel I might be expecting more from you, but I have yet to see it.

Efren Perdomo:
If I’m being honest, I hate this photo. It looks like you were on a boat with your girlfriend and asked her to snap a quick pic of you. Nothing about this shot feels professional to me at all. Which sucks because like other judges have stated, it feels like you have the potential to be a front runner in this competition. If you move on to the next week, I really hope to see you step it up.

Miles McMillan:
I do like this shot a lot, and I do think it is enough to get you to the next spot in this competition, however, nothing about this shot particularly stands out to me. It’s a good shot, don’t get me wrong, but every single judge on this panel have had pictures after pictures of standout shots and when I think back to my season, I can remember all of my shots. The good, the bad, and the ugly. None of them faded to the background and that’s what this photo seems to do.

Jon Kortajarena:
While this is not a show stopping photo, in my opinion, it is well above any of the previously commented on photos. I see the potential and I can tell you’re starting to find your footing, however you need to catch up before some of the others leave you in the dust.

Lizzo Jefferson:
You. Hit. Every. Check. For. Me. Which is quite shocking. I see you as an underdog in this competition that a lot of the others should be watching. Ask Dinara what happened the last time someone didn’t stop an underdog ;). You are definitely one to watch!

Laith Ashley:
I like this shot a lot. It gives opulence in the most subtle of ways and not only that, but isn’t SAFE! There’s so much I like about this shot, but if there was one thing I would change about it, is I wish you were looking towards it he camera! Great job though!

Coco Rocha:
While I don’t think this photo is as safe as the others, it JUST misses that level of brilliance that some of the others brought. I can tell you were trying for a win and made sure it wasn’t too safe, however, I don’t think it was the best of the bunch.

Bella Hadid:
In a photo shoot like Opulence, I expected every shot to be at this level and it saddens me that this in not the case! This is exactly the quality of work I wanted! I like the choice in background a lot! The rusty warehouse look in contrast to your slick back hair and beautiful gown only heightens how opulent you look!

Nyakim Gatwech:
I like this quite well. I think it’s a choice, but not quite a bad one. It, as well as others, feels very safe to me. That’s all.

Jhonattan Burjack:
I feel like I keep repeating myself aha. This feels very safe. I feel like that’s all I have to say at this point. Good shot, not top photo worthy to me.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!