This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM13 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM13 - Challenge &..

1749 days 17 hours ago
SeongWoo
Chanel Iman | Prince | https://i.imgur.com/DxGPTqN.png

For this shot I chose to play Prince, an acclaimed musician in several areas of music, such as funk, R & B, soul, jazz, rock, pop and hip hop.

Prince was quite versatile, and his style was quite unique and differentiable in his day.
1749 days 16 hours ago
Wade
Bryce Thompson https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRi9mlrw3qvc5bNDRUyhEFzqSjgz-fveYRTWmQJhhLYslk1kTdD

Icon choice : Adam Lambert https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQxY7I2_F0UJn7hAY_bzLMM0SuAqS-X-SPC5AoltCBQO_DXGstL

I chose Adam Lambert because I connect oh so well with him ...we both were outsiders growing up we both fealt alienated in our youth , I could have friend around me and I鈥檇 still feel like a stranger
Also we both are gay and both of us have been shamed by gay people ..I have not come out yet and when Adam didn鈥檛 immediately come out after idols people were angry to him when it鈥檚 his choice to tell when he wants too
We also have a love for music and a interest in film/theater/television and both of us are not scared to open our mouths and speak for what we think is wrong or right

I chose this shot because our poses are similar, our facial expression is more or less the same his eyes are just more beautifull馃槀)and we both have that kinda grungy, gothic unique look going on
1749 days 16 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Cody Christian :

When I think of the word "icon" I think of someone who overcomes adversity and perseveres.
Someone who I truly look up to is Singer Britney Spears. In 2008 she suffered her now infamous series of public meltdowns which would result in her losing custody of her kid she briefly. This was, obviously, an incredibly dark place for her and she very could have easily given up all hope. However, while in that dark place she considered her life and changed. perseverance. For this photo I am representing the once dark moment of her life where she had to think and reconsider her life for the better. I truly look up to this woman and seen her as an inspiration for my work.

Reevaluating life in a dark time & succeeding = perseverance.

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/3d5c51111e0993fbcbfceaaee3202e91/5DA92BCD/t51.2885-15/e35/42892541_185346292359310_1959182785281976298_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com&se=8&ig_cache_key=MTg4NDE4NTI5Mjc5NTkyNzY1NQ%3D%3D.2
1749 days 13 hours ago
hazbez94
Shaun Ross- Boy George

https://images.app.goo.gl/Pr1nJcaseuNwjpQ38

I have chosen to represent the music artist, 80's icon and overall fashion legend Boy George. I find him inspiring due to his natural opposition to social and gender norms challenging society throughout his time in the spotlight. I have represented this through Shaun'a styling alongside using a hat one of Boy George's signature looks. He is an LGBT activist and fights for gay and transgender rights something which is very close to Shaun's heart alongside being able to demonstrate this through the strong look and overall editorial appearance of the image. The embodiment of George is obvious throughout the image as we see Shaun evoking a harsh appearance traditional to George's original looks alongside balancing masculine and feminine traits something which Boy George became well known for throughout he 1980's
1749 days 6 hours ago
MISSimogen
Valentina as Audrey Hepburn

https://imgur.com/a/mDKHIvx

I previously did Audrey Hepburn at the start of the season with quite a few negative results so I wanted to have another stab at it to highlight my growth as a model in this competition and to redeem myself. Audrey Hepburn is such a fashion icon who exudes elegance. Her face is quite obviously stunningly beautiful. Her iconic shots are black and white face on showing off her breath-taking features and I wanted this picture to capture the essence of who she was percieved to be in the public eye. I took the critiques of the picture not being black and white and changed it to go more old hollywood glamour. She has the iconic black turtleneck sweater and the hair up. Her face captures so beautifully in this light I think she truly represents the modern day Audrey Hepburn.. Elegant, angelic and beautiful.
1749 days 5 hours ago
KingGeek
ps ix - yoonyoung
as rihanna
https://i.imgur.com/a2Xqg4k.png

rihanna is someone i look up to in a number of ways. i view her highly as an artist, a businesswoman, and a fashion icon. i admire her work with her brand, fenty, as she pushes for the inclusion of people of color and people of all sizes with her makeup and clothing lines. her confidence and charm are qualities i am fond of as well. her apparel is always fashion forward, with the times and eye-catching and can be described as such whether she is at an a-list event such as the met gala, or on her way to the dentist. with my photo, i attempted to carry that same outgoing style that she possesses and match that as well with her confident, powerful nature.
1748 days 6 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Bryce Thompson (Wade)
I actually like this shot for as simple it is. Your description is good and helps makes the connection stronger.

- Chanel Iman (SeongWoo)
Absolutely love this shot! It screams Prince and you embodied his style very well. The shot is strong and you draw us in with your smoldering look.

- Cody Christian (MJFJUNE)
For me, this was actually very intriguing as you made a solid case for this shot. Without the description it wouldn鈥檛 have made sense.

- Shaun Ross (hazbez94)
You always make the simplest shots very dynamic and fashion forward. The styling is on point and I love the lighting.

- Valentina Sampaio (MISSimogen)
I feel this was a stronger interpretation of Audrey as its rooted more in creativity. The shot is simple but the hair styling is unique.

- Bae Yoon Young (KingGeek)
The styling is so unique and very much Rihanna. You ooze her attitude and overall badass nature.
1747 days 14 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Bryce Thompson (Wade): I think it's great that you gave us a backstory and how you and Adam were similar with different aspects of your lives but I wish you would鈥檝e not used a photo to mirror and rather showcase your similarities with a photo then mirroring one. As far as the photos itself goes the only similarity is the facial expressions and the pose is similar but not spot-on with one another.

Chanel Iman (SeongWoo): This is a very good presentation of such an iconic musician Prince. I think the hair, the smoke, the scarf even the purplish background all screams Prince. I like your pose and facial expression looks amazing as well so great job!

Cody Christian (MJFJUNE): I like the photo and I can see the darkness with the pose and facial expression as well as with dark clothes and dark walls but I think you could鈥檝e done a little better with this one, this wasn鈥檛 bad but I think it could鈥檝e been better.

Shaun Ross (hazbez94): I am not too familiar with who Boy George is but from what I鈥檝e research Boy George was very famous for his many hats and I can see that in your photo. I also see the divide between masculinity and feminity as your wearing something that males would wear and things females would war. I think your facial expression is amazing I like how the hat is slightly putting a shadow over your eye so overall this was good.

Valentina Sampaio (MISSimogen): I鈥檓 on the fence with this one, I think this could be something we鈥檇 see from Audrey Hepburn but at the same time I think it relies heavily on the fact that is black and white and that鈥檚  mainly how we saw Audrey in her photos so in way I think this could鈥檝e been better had you went a different route without the black and white.

Bae Yoon Young (KingGeek): I was shocked that you did Rihanna but I think the pose and styling would be something we鈥檇 see from Rihanna as she鈥檚 very unapologetic and doesn鈥檛 care what people think of her.

Garrett鈥檚 Top 3:

- Shaun Ross
- Bae Yoon Young
- Chanel Iman
1747 days 13 hours ago
haycsclair
Sui He as Marilyn Monroe

Since I'm super duper late, I'll just make it very short. I pick Marilyn Monroe as my icon since I adore her classy styling in clothes. She makes everything she wears sexy and elegant at the same time.

https://imgur.com/a/qudeEs4
1744 days 6 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Chanel (Prince) - I am a fan of this shot, I wasn't expecting your icon first of all. And I am actually surprise you'd pull it together, the shot screams the icon really well, the hair, the setting how the smoke felt like you are in a concert performing, I wasn't a big fan of the lips the stare was to die for.

Bryce (Adam Lambert) - I am getting to your point and I quite understand why you pick this shot, which was really simple. This I think was quite different from what you give us here, honestly I like the simplicity of the shot because it actually works for me. You are giving the stare Adam Lambert has and I am feeling it.

Cody Ch. (Britney Spears) - You took a different path here, that if there were no explanation I wouldn't have guessed how it relates with your icon. Now, I am very pleased with the shot - it felt like you are a real model here already unlike your other shot, this felt like what I'll see in a fashion magazine spot on.

Shaun (Boy George) - What I like about you is your shots were very intriguing and pretty much very debatable, you had been stuck mostly on the middle it's because some doesn't like your shots and some like it really much, I'm glad to be mostly on those who like your shot really much. This shot however, I think will be liked, no doubt. This is spot on for your icon.

Valentina (Audrey Hepburn) - I quite agree with Judge Garrett on this one, I felt that you rely with the black & white photo pretty much with how you took on Audrey Hepburn, that it was an old era so b&w would work. Now, your shot wasn't bad, you actually look different here than what I've seen you, but overall the connection was kinda weak.

Yoon Young (Rihanna) - I am a fan of this shot! This is probably one of your best shots, this was really badass and definitely speaks Rihanna all throughout, every details. Your facial expression was really strong and you are definitely selling every inch in this photo.
1744 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
GUEST JUDGE'S COMMENTS:

BRYCE THOMPSON (Adam Lambert) - Your story is very relatable and I admire how strong you are as a person. I love how your photo looks the same as Adam's photo. I like the intensity coming from your eyes and the pose is very strong.

CHANEL IMAN (Prince) - I definitely see Prince in this one. You look like an R&B artist here. The styling is good and the facial expression is on point. My only concern is that the photo is too simple to the point of being forgettable.

CODY CHRISTIAN (Britney Spears) - I agree that Britney Spears is an icon, but I don't see her in your photo. I don't see someone who is in a dark moment of his life. The background is dark but the vibe that it gives off to the viewer isn't gloomy or sad. Actually, you look high and mighty here, with your pose, styling, and facial expression, which doesn't support your explanation at all.

SHAUN ROSS (Boy George) - I see Boy George in this one. I like the fact that you actually did a research about your icon. With your explanation, it seems like I've known Boy George all my life. Onto the photo, the styling is very similar to his. I can't see much of the feminine traits, but the masculine traits are very evident.

VALENTINA SAMPAIO (Audrey Hepburn) - Audrey Hepburn at its finest. I definitely see the elegant and glamorous Audrey in this shot. The styling is great and the facial expression is to die for. I'm glad that you took a different route in this shoot. You tried to redeem a previous shot of yours to show the Judges that you are listening to critiques. That's a good example of being a good model.

BAE YOON YOUNG (Rihanna) - I like the explanation but I'm not a fan of the shot. You look tired in the photo. I don't see a confident woman with your slouchy pose. The styling is too much. The outfit is wearing you, not the other way around.
1744 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1744 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1744 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
Well, this will be a very interesting panel - a different one.
1744 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
I have THREE BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS that will shake this competition...

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!