This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Challenge & Photoshoot (4)

Topic » #NTM12 - Challenge &..

1940 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #4

"Mortal Instruments"

To continue the magical challenge set up by Judge Lucky. The photoshoot this week is entitled "The Mortal Instruments" wherein is very obvious, it's the book/tv adaptation of Cassanda Clare's.

For your task today, you are going to be portraying once again, this time not a specific character but rather anyone from a clan or a group (or as a whole). You are assigned each a specie, we did a lot of thinking so you can send us something or somewhat different. Do know that each of you were given something hard.

Do some research, watch the movie or tv adaptation (Shadowhunters), read the summary/plot, it will help. You have 24 hours to do that, failure to submit on time means deduction of points. Thank you and goodluck! x
1940 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
Here is what you will portray:

Vampires - Barbie
Werewolves - Alice
Warlocks - Paul
Faeries - Garrett
Mundanes - Naomi
Angels - Madison
Demons - Daniel
Shadowhunters - Iveta
Ghosts - Adriana
1939 days 23 hours ago
SummerRae101
For my shoot, I decided to focus on one vampire in particular that is a part of the shadowhunters legacy, Camille Belcourt. She is described as "very cunning with a calm and collected demeanor and seemed to be a naturally level-headed person with an impressive level of fortitude. When she wanted to be, she could be terribly charming. However, behind the facade laid a cold-hearted killer who had no qualms about killing. She is incredibly manipulative and extremely skilled at it, only ever truly helping others if it benefited her as well."

I decided to capture this all with my shoot and give off those vibes essential to her character.

https://pics.wikifeet.com/Barbie-Blank-Feet-3831120.jpg

Alos of course with the red to symbolize the blood aspect related to all vampires.
1939 days 22 hours ago
SharonMaItems
Iveta Mukuchyan;

Photo: http://www.ivetamukuchyan.com/photos/gallery/1460973213_iveta-mukuchyan_gallery_02_05.jpg

Hello judges! Today, I will be portraying a SHADOWHUNTER! A shadowhunter according to https://shadowhunters.fandom.com/wiki/Shadowhunters is that, "Shadowhunters, also known as Nephilim, are a secretive race of beings who are humans born with angel blood. They have fought demons and lived alongside Downworlders in the Shadow World for well over a thousand years, creating their own culture and civilization within human society. Their mandate is to keep the peace in the Shadow World and keep it hidden from the mundane world while protecting the inhabitants of both worlds."

Now the reason why this relates to this photo has a lot of backstory and metaphors used it in. Iveta clearly tries to look very dark, like she in a shadow in the shadow world, and yes, not all shadowhunters have angel wings like an actual angel, only blood. Many of the main colors in the show are very dark colors, some examples include shades of black and darker shades of reds and blues. Personally, I think she portrays a vengeful shadowhunter. Her emotion represents some sort of anger or pout that I'd only make if I was angry myself. She holds this giant head, which can represent the head of the demons. She is ready to hunt for the demons, even if that includes sacrificing herself.
1939 days 21 hours ago
Ajathekween
Naomi Smalls:

Mundanes

Mundanes, also called mundies by some, are regular humans who are oblivious to the existence of Shadowhunters, Downworlders, demons, and the rest of the Shadow World.

When Nephilim, demons or warlocks put up glamours, it is so that mundanes cannot see them; the mundanes see either something they would understand or nothing at all. These glamours can be put down willingly, though.

Mundanes can be be infected with what are considered to be demon diseases: lycanthropy and vampirism; they can be turned into werewolves when bitten, and vampires or servants when fed blood. They can also become Forsaken when runes are Marked or applied on their skins. They can use and perform magic by practicing witchcraft; those who successfully practice magic are referred to as "witches". They can also be turned into Shadowhunters through Ascension with Mortal Cup.

Photo: https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13962495_1623788574580063_3959773806668235070_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.fna&oh=56aef8d5495be41aaf0b0e709c32cada&oe=5CD90403

For this photo I wanted to show how clueless the mundane are. #AsIf
1939 days 21 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/18/4a/29184adead1e8246884a3af01c9ee8e7.jpg

Faeries are associated with the beauty of angels and the viciousness and malevolence of demons. Like angels, they are the least understood of all magical people—the great ancient mystery in the Shadow World. The Fair Folk are known for their unearthly beauty, many faeries said to be extremely attractive with delicate and regal faces. Though they mostly resemble human beings, some have extraordinary features such as wings, horns, oddly colored-eyes or skin,much like the marks of warlocks. So with all of these elements in mind I have placed them together to come up with this photo.
1939 days 19 hours ago
SeongWoo
Daniel | Demons | https://prnt.sc/m63b6b

I believe that for me, this is really a challenge.

Accustomed to cute and beautiful things, representing something that is considered "Demon" is really strange and complicated.

Well, according to my research, demons can take many forms, and some even dominate the body of other humans and exude a scent of death, for my picture this week, I tried to pass a mysterious air, the only glasses highlights this idea of ​​infiltration in the human environment.

The red light came to bring the effect of hell, in that case, from where the demon came to the world of humans.
1939 days 14 hours ago
Survivorgame1
♡MADISON BEER...as an Angel♡

https://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/madison-beer-nude-magazine-april-2017-photos-2.jpg

Angel's in the Shadowhunter Universe are the superior species. When they come to earth, which they don't often because they hate being on earth, they are known for their human figure and big wings. Since the Mortal Instrument series takes place in present day, I present you with my interpretation of a modern day angel...the spoiled, rich, beverly hills girl.
Angels are above all species since angelic blood runs through their veins, they are direct messengers & warriors from God just as a the uber rich of California are known for their family connections, they are honored because of the family blood that runs through their veins.
Angels dont like to come to earth and find mortal problems annoying and not their problem, some may say selfish. This is just like a spoiled girl that rarely ventures out of Calabasas and honestly doesnt give a shit about problems facing the world as long as it doesnt affect her little social bubble. 
Visually the fur coat I am wearing can be interpreted as angel wings!
1939 days 4 hours ago
hazbez94
Alice Burdeu

https://goo.gl/images/qEdFSL

In the Shadow Hunters universe werewolves are mundane which have been bitten or scratched to cause them to transform into their liken selves. They usually hunt in packs and can willingly transform between their human and wolf selves.
This shot represents a strong and dominant woman who would be in her natural habitat a rural location and with a dog which could be a fellow member of her pack. The styling and makeup creates this dynamic whkslt being sexual alongside this
1939 days 4 hours ago
ParvatiS
Adriana Lima

Ghosts are simply known as spirits of the dead. In the "Mortal Instruments" only a few shadowhunters have the ability to interact with these spirits while others can only sense them.
All ghosts are "tied to the world" and have a sentimental piece of their past and cannot fully pass on until that item is found. Many ghosts are unsure of what needs to be found or simply cannot find it and end up being trapped in the world forever, either because they gave up or their chances of ever finding that item is long gone.
For this photoshoot, I decided to portray the act of being "trapped" which is exactly what many of the ghosts experience when they are unable to fully pass on and are trapped in the world. I also chose black&white because it adds a sense of mysteriousness (if that is even a word lol) because ghosts can be mysterious - you never know when one is near or what they will do although sometimes you may be able to sense them.

http://fashioncow.com/flowerpower/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Adriana-Lima-by-Vincent-Peters-for-Harpers-Bazaar-Spain-July-2017-32.jpg
1938 days 15 hours ago
haycsclair
XXCLOSEDXX
1938 days 15 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::CARLY'S COMMENTS:::::

- Adriana Lima (ParvatiS) = Ghost
The direction you took with this theme is solid and I like the black and white filter you used. You look gorgeous and I like the styling. Overall, solid job.

- Alice Burdeu (hazbez94) = Werewolves
The shot is way too small for one. I do think it’s a nice look style wise, but would have worked better in the darkness.

- Barbie Blank (SummerRae101) = Vampire
You were not suppose to recreate a character, but rather showcase a look that represents an average vampire. This doesn’t work well in my opinion. You ignored the task and this shot is dependent on the character you decided to represent.

- Garrett Neff (Brandonh1) = Faerie
The description was solid and I really like the darkness of the shot. The setting and crown you are wearing are stunning and I like how this is a different vibe for you.

- Iveta Mukuchyan (SharonMaItems) = Shadowhunter
Iveta is here to WIN! This is fantastic and my favorite shot of your this season. It fits the theme and context you gave it. The styling is dark and brooding, yet you seem in full control.

- Kang Daniel (SeongWoo) = Demon
This is tough one for you and it shows. The shot itself is solid, but doesn’t really work with the theme you were given aside from the red light. Your description helps a bit to explain the shot.

- Madison Beer (Survivorgame1) = Angel
Overall I like the shot, but the connection with the theme is a bit tough to see. However, I do think you tried and I like the lightness of the shot. The styling is nice, but give off a bit more of a bad girl vibe than an angel.

- Naomi Smalls (Ajathekween) = Mundane
I appreciate the description and how you decided to interpret it through the shot. Not a fan of the bright hair color, but I like the robotic expression on your face.

- Paul Wesley (Tommy123) = Warlock
You gave zero context for this shot, so it’s hard to really understand the connection with your theme. This also looks like a still from a scene of a show or movie.
1936 days 21 hours ago
nikw98
Comments coming shortly

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!