This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM11 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM11 - Challenge &..

2156 days 5 hours ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

First of all, I must say this photo shoot is the hardest one so far. Admittedly, I also did my own research about these movies. I read synopsis. I also watched trailers and some clips. You can say that this photo shoot is also a challenge for us, the Judges.

So your theme this week is "Best Picture". Your goal is to capture the tone of the movie as a whole. Its mood. Its atmosphere. The editing. The weather, etc. It's not about portraying a certain character. It's about capturing the "feeling" it conveys to the viewers. At least that's what I've found out after my little research.

#TeamLUCKY

DEVON AOKI (Mudbound) - I like your approach on the movie given to you. When I read the synopsis of the movie, I felt the hardship of the two races. There is inequality for sure. The inequality between two races. The movie also tackles the PTSD experiencing by the veterans during World War II. It has a gloomy tone and I kinda see that in your photo because of the black-and-white effect. But not completely due to the lack of expression on your face. The setting is good. When I look at the photo, I can say that it is somehow taken during the World War II.

HAO YUN XIANG (The Post) - You portrayed a character. You didn't capture the tone of the movie. You were given an advantage twice in a row and just like last week, you failed big time. I wanted to see struggle and dilemma in your photo and you missed it. I'm not a fan of this shot and it is totally missing the point of the whole photo shoot.

MILES McMILLAN (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) - The movie is about fighting for justice. It has a sad tone. Sadly, I don't see that in your photo. Black-and-white filter doesn't guarantee that the photo will look sad. Your photo doesn't fit your description at all. It's a profile shot, but I can see clearly that your facial expression doesn't convey sadness to the viewer. The body positioning doesn't help your case at all. Most of all, this photo has bad editing and not a Top Model photo material.

#TeamSUI

GARRETT NEFF (Call Me By Your Name) - Oh. Is that Sean? My ultimate crush back in our cycle. Onto your photo, I can say that you capture the tone of the movie. I can see the desire and longing in your eyes. I can also see the struggle. Your explanation improved this week. The styling looks very 80s. I'm glad that you decided to go with a partner this round because it enhances your photo to give the overall tone of the movie.

IZI SIMUNDIC (Dunkirk) - Perfect! Once again, you captured the theme really well. I can see the suspense tone of the movie, everytime they are trying to evacuate, in your photo. I can see the struggle and hope in your eyes at the same time. The desperation on your face in the right photo totally got me. I didn't expect you will put two photos in one for this round but it worked just fine. I'm glad that you didn't portray a character, instead you went to portray the overall tone of the movie.

LENOX TILLMAN (Phantom Thread) - My favorite shot of you so far. I LOVE IT! Just looking at your eyes alone gives me chills. You're giving me that mysterious tone this twisted movie has. The styling is giving me the 1950s vibe. This is a REVELATION! This is my most favorite shot of the bunch so far. Thank you!

VICTORIA JUSTICE (I, Tonya) - You gave justice to the movie. Yes! The movie is about a woman who had a turbulent relationship with her mother. She grew up in an abusive environment and got married years after to a husband, who is physically abusing her. But that didn't stop her from moving forward. That's what I'm seeing in this photo. A woman who is a victim of abuse, but still moving forward to achieve her dream. You captured the tone of the movie minus the humorous tone. Overall, you did a good job.

#TeamMARLON

DINARA CHETYROVA (The Shape of Water) - I was expecting something different, but I think the photo worked for the theme somehow. You chose to show us the struggle in your eyes and I think you did a good job on that. This photo, honestly, is kinda missing the overall tone of the movie. I can see the sadness, but I can't see the positive tone, which I saw in the movie.

DOUTZEN KROES (Get Out) - Reading your description I can sense that you did get the gist of the story. It's about slavery. Not just about transplanting white people's brains inside black people's body. Your photo captured the suspense tone of the movie. I like how you portrayed captivity and insanity in your photo.

MATTHEW NOSZKA (Lady Bird) - This is like a photo you had submitted during Week 1. A still shot from a TV series or a movie. This photo doesn't capture the tone of the movie at all. Your explanation and the photo don't support each other. I wanted to see in your photo the struggle of embracing one's self. This photo is so out of place for this theme.

SHAWN MENDES (Darkest Hours) - Another black-and-white photo from you, Shawn. Well it's not my issue this time. It's about you not comprehending the theme. In the movie, Churchill is all about leading the battle. Taking initiative. But when I look at your photo, I'm seeing a lazy man slouching on a couch and just waiting for his luck. The styling is good, but it doesn't enough to capture the tone of the movie. You were given a second chance, Shawn, but you didn't utilize it well.
2156 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Shawn (Darkest Hour) - Your play has quite been boring, which we easily had been tired of obviously. I see where you're going here with the black & white and honestly that scheme is the perfect one. Now, you are one of the people who missed the concept. I would've loved it if you see the movie as a whole and not just about the lead. Your photo wasn't that bad, it also just wasn't good either.

Garrett (Call Me By Your Name) - I did wish for a colorful scheme with your photo, but it doesn't take it away from the fact that this portrayal is a spot on. Two words for this shot - confidence and curiosity, which both of you each had that quality. Your partner speaks confidence and knows what he wants, and you there pretty unsure. I have watched this movie and it was so good, and gladly you didn't disappoint.

Lenox (Phantom Thread) - Well, Lenox you are quite blossoming. And I am happy with that. Clearly this week, you've done good so I see you way up the rankings this week. Now, Phantom Thread is a perplexed romance, a masterpiece. Your shot this week just matched that beautifully crafted work of art. Your facial expression just worked really well in this shot, and it is different, so congratulations!

Hao (The Post) - Considering you picked who will get what movie, I was quite disappointed again with your choices. Now I don't know if you feel pressured you have been winning challenges, but I do hope it doesn't get to you. You are an amazing model, but this isn't gonna make it. Your expression looks weak, your posing isn't at its best either and your interpretation feels weak as well.

Miles (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) - I was lucky to have watched that movie because it is a masterpiece, the acting was so pure and intense. Now the quality of that movie even the tone didn't really worked well with how you portray it in your shot. Sure you explanation was good, but it doesn't match your photo. You had good weeks, you had bad weeks, I do think you didn't redeemed yourself well enough from last week's fall.

Doutzen (Get Out) - This shot is actually intriguing. I have to agree with my co-judges on this one. You perfected the tone of the movie for me, the complexity and intensity of the movie is also seen in this shot. I really liked how you interpreted it, you didn't need anything but yourself and the camera focusing just on you. Job well done!
2156 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Devon (Mudbound) - You probably are one of the best when it comes to explaining yourself. That's what I like about you, you're very smart. You are very detailed and so into it with your interpretations which is very helpful when judging and you match it well with your photo. This week is no different. My only concern is your eyes, it seems blank again. But though it is pretty obvious what you are fighting for.

Matthew (Lady Bird) - I honestly liked this photo better than the others, because you actually got the tone of the movie, which I watched just yesterday. Yes, there's more to the movie than just the lead role, Lady Bird. But the unique, opinionated and strong-willed character, you actually got that right. I do get where my co-judges are coming from, but for me this isn't the worst shot of the bunch.

Victoria (I, Tonya) - The movie can really just be received so many ways, even Tonya is. There has been so many stories about this shot, but one thing you can't deny is how driven and eager the lead role here. She had her ups and downs, she was abused and accused of many things, but she always had something to fight for and this is what I see in your shot. You definitely are getting better.

Izi (Dunkirk) - For everyone there, I did think you had the hardest one because it pretty much isn't your zone. So I was really unsure on how you will take it. Now your photo, I once again is 50-50 about it. This was actually a good shot, better than your other shots. You did capture the tone of it, the survival and hope the evacuees needed, the pain and sorrow in your eyes.

Dinara (The Shape of Water) - Last but not the least, the Best Picture awardee of OSCARS. I do think this shot isn't, this shot is very disappointing. You completely avoided the darkness the movie brought. I agree with Judge Sui, you captured the theme somehow but not the complete tone of the movie, which was the aim this week.
2155 days 18 hours ago
wileycoyote
Shawn: The challenge wasnt to portray winston churchill it was to portray the darkest hour, you really missed the mark this week and as i said your starting to get stale which really doesnt bode well

Garrett: I really dont see this, its such a vibrant colorful film and the black and white completely throws me out of it, the other judges love it but colour pallette is really important to me for this and you completely missed that

Lenox: I love how you covered the dark enclosed nature of this movie and the twisted aspects are all over your face, i think your finally getting your mojo back and its great to see

Hao: Your explanation here is rather weak the photos not bad but really doesnt come off amazing either, dont get used to the middle because the middle bleeds into the bottom if you let it

Miles: The photos honestly a mess, small on its side and unclear and you described the theme but didnt show that, i honestly see nothing redeemable here.

Doutzen: Dunno where you found it but it is stunning, you really captured this movie for me and again i love this shot

Devon: with brown and mud being core to the films aesthetics i was worried at first but the more i look at your expression and pose the more i love it, your description really helps bring it out even more to, this was great

Matthew: Thats all well and good but the photo itself is a hot mess and i dont really see driven or unique here, if you look away from the camera you really need something else to draw the eye

Victoria: Good shot composition really makes me happy and this is so good, not only that you clearly thought about this on more then a surface level, im very happy here

Izi: Im never a fan of 2 shots in one and neither shot is good enough to really sell that, you clearly did the theme justice but theres nothing to really elevate it to me, youve never been in the top or the bottom but that wont last forever

Dinara: You hit the theme and you look great but youve built yourself an expectation to be stunning and this doesnt really achieve that, my own personal grievance is i would love to see you somehow pull all the blues and greens(seriously look at the movie, everything is blue or green)
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the panel and in my hand are the results!
2155 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
Good luck everyone.
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get is based on:
CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) = TOTAL
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Again, the last seat is the average score from all of us.
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
First of all I have a great news for three of you.
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
The Top 3 of this week's call out will get a chance to be in the spread of July issue of Model Division Magazine!
2155 days 17 hours ago
SeongWoo
Oh shit!
2155 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
Wow!
2155 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Now, there were few people who had been in the spread while they're still competing in the game. And I will tell you this, most of them did pretty good considering how they placed in the competition.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!