This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM10 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM10 - Challenge &..

2241 days 9 hours ago
Brandonh1
2241 days 8 hours ago
bambinoswag
Augusta Alexander: https://prnt.sc/itisqb

SCENE - After a long & exhausting night performing with my punk rock band, I just arrived back to my apartment as the sun rose.

*I'm drawing my inspiration from 1970s Rock Music. The 1970s saw the emergence of punk rock as one of the most prominent subgenres of rock music with acts such as The Ramones, Patti Smith, and Blondie.*
2241 days 7 hours ago
Maxi1234
ROMEE STRIJD : https://photogrist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Romee-Strijd-by-Mariano-Vivanco.jpg

I am serving y'all Marilyn Monroe REALNESS. I am giving y'all 50/60's inspired bikini model babe. Bleached to the blonde goddess, ready to slay the camera. I don't think you can be as classic as the famous Ms. Monroe. Really confident in this shoot this week, as my last few photoshoots were a bit weak compared to how strong I started off, hope y'all can give credit where it's due.
2241 days 4 hours ago
imprincearthur
2240 days 20 hours ago
IceBear
Don Benjamin: https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fashionisto-exclusive-don-benjamin-evan-gomez-009.jpg

I am going for a 1970's all leather look. Famous Rock and Roll Bands and singers popularized this trend such as The Sex Pistols and Kieth Richards. I focused with the outfit from the cheetah print to the red lining.
2240 days 10 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2240 days 5 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
CRITIQUES ~

SEONGWOO ~ Coming from such a strong challenge win, I have to say I am disappointed. I get the vintage vibe in the outfit, but where is the model? You are kind of just sitting down chilling. There is no connection in this photo for me, which is a big miss for me. I know it's hard portraying an unconventional male model, but you have to try harder than everyone else.

JORDAN ~ This is actually spot on! I love the Grease influence. Being that Grease is one of my favorite musicals, I love that you are portraying the iconic and confident Danny. This is sexy and definitely draws me into this photo. This is an excellent job. Well done!

JOURDAN ~ This a cute photo, but definitely not your strongest. I get the 50s men's suit vibe, however, that is all I get from this photo. This is a very safe photo for me, being that there is no eye connection in this photo. You are kind of looking down from the camera which gives this photo no intensity. You are just standing there in my opinion. I do like that you are a little flirty and giving an androgynous vibe.

HARRY ~ I like this shot. You are definitely giving 1970's biker! The inspiration is there. The pose is quite simple which is fine. The facial expression is could've been stronger. I mean bikers are the most intimidating and fierce characters, so I would've liked more intensity rather than you just sitting on the bike, something unpredictable yet fashionable.

ARTHUR ~ I really like this photo. The suit, the car, the background. I mean everything is giving me 1950's. I think you really captured the era of this time period perfectly, while still being a strong model. I love the side profile in this picture, there's something mysterious about the way your head is titled that makes me really like this picture. Well done!

AUGUSTA ~ I am going to be completely honest. I am not feeling this picture. I see where you were going with the inspiration of this shot and the explanation, but it is just not connecting in the picture. I don't like how your eyes are squinted in this picture. Maybe, I am just so used to the intensity you bring in your photoshoots. I mean with the Rocker inspiration alone, I feel like you could've brought the more rockstar vibe out more.

ROMEE ~ The picture is very strong. I mean this very different for you. The blonde Marilyn Monroe vibe definitely adds more sex appeal and attraction. You are definitely portraying your era perfectly. The pose and side-eye are very seductive and illuminating to look at. Very good job. This photo could be straight from a 50's editorial magazine.

ADRIEN ~ The small photo is really disheartening, so I am going to do you a favor and post the enlarged version [ https://598d5fcf392acad97538-395e64798090ee0a3a571e8c148d44f2.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/10764237_adrien-sahores-for-hudsons-bay-spring-2016_t77da8197.jpg ] I actually really like this photo. Much like Arthur, you are really using the 70s inspired car to your advantage. There's something about this pho that's young, fresh, and flirty that I really like. Please refrain from using small pictures.

KIT ~ I don't know if you had an inspiration/explanation or not but looking at this photo I couldn't pinpoint an exact era that this shot would be from. I feel like it's kind of two modernized in terms of the clothing. The hat does have a hint of vintage but overall I think it's just a basic shot. In the modeling industry, male models struggle with being just an accessory in a female dominated industry, so I want more than just a basic photo. I want something that is "wow" worthy and dominant.

DON ~ I am really conflicted about this shot. I see Rock and Roll, I don't necessarily see 1970s rock and roll. I feel like this shot is too modernized to portray vintage. I love your eyes in this shot. I mean they are haunting and it really brings the shot up for me. But honestly, you have to work on your body positioning, because week after week it's just weak poses that are either awkward or subpar.

TYRA ~ I don't really see vintage. I mean the 90's wasn't really an era that was dominated vintage. But that is an opinion because some people view the 90s as vintage. But even then so, where are the iconic pieces that pinpoint fashion in the 90s? I would've loved to see some items like flannel, ripped jeans, combat boots, ripped tights etc. The inspiration falls short for me. I think this is just a picture of Tyra in the 90s.

RANKINGS~

1. Jordan
2. Romee
3. Arthur
4. Harry
5. Adrien (would've been higher if you posted a larger picture)
6. Augusta
7. Jourdan
8. Kit
9. Seongwoo
10. Don
11. Tyra
2240 days 5 hours ago
SeongWoo
Im sorry Saskia, i really tried! Hope i can do better if i stay.
2240 days 4 hours ago
imprincearthur
Sorry about the small photo saskia.
2239 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
We’re still waiting for other judges :)
2239 days 7 hours ago
SeongWoo
^True
2239 days 7 hours ago
DrG2
not going to be shady or anything but this is going to be like last season if it takes like 7 days just for 1 round, everyone will forgot about this game sooner or later
2239 days 7 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Adrien Sahores (imprincearthur)
Way, way too small. I can hardly see it. From what I can tell you have good styling to fit this theme. But because it’s so small it’s hard to really give a full critique.

- Arthur Kulkov (Brandonh1)
The styling and background is great for this theme. It’s an interesting professional shot that feels candid. Overall, not a bad shot for this week.

- Augusta Alexander (bambinoswag)
In my opinion, you are one of our strongest male models this season. This shot is intriguing to me, but the tattooed shirt your wearing just looks weird and doesn’t suit you at all.

- Don Benjamin (IceBear)
This shot is so sexy! Is it full vintage? No, but honestly this is probably your best shot to date! It oozes sex appeal, the lighting is perfect and the red with leopard is a great touch.   

- Harry Shum Jr. (DrG2)
This is ok, but it lacks for me when it comes to the styling. It doesn’t feel vintage in my opinion.

- Jordan Barrett (Bella1)
This is so sexy. I love the styling and the attitude you are oozing. The hair is a bit much, but overall very nice choice. I don’t think the black and white filter works here.

- Jourdan Dunn (Rubes)
I like when models take on the opposite gender. It speaks to their creativity and this was a great shot. I love the power pose and the simpleness of it.

- Kit Butler (waft)
The styling of your outfit is good and overall this isn’t a bad shot at all. Is it one I’m going to remember, probably not. But I think overall you did a solid job.

- Ong Seongwoo (SeongWoo)
Loving this shot! Not only do you look great and the styling is on point for this theme, but the vintage filter is a perfect touch.

- Romee Strijd (Maxi1234)
Minus the text, this is fire! Not only did you give that Marilyn Monroe sex appeal and styling, you made it feel modern. The pose, the outfit and hair is perfect!

- Tyra Banks (MIchelle990)
This is certainly vintage! It’s a bit odd just because it feels like a cut out with a scanned photo. I just think you could have done something a bit better for this week.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!