This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC BETA 149

Topic » TSC BETA 149

589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
15) Alicia Keys - 'Fallin''
589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
16) David Guetta - 'Without You (ft. Usher)'
589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
17) Lorde - 'Perfect Places'
589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
18) KARA - 'Jumping'
.be
589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
19) Justin Bieber - 'As Long As You Love Me (ft. Big Sean)'

Song starts at 1:28
589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
20) Ariana Grande - 'One Last Time'
589 days 3 hours ago
J2999
All TWENTY (20) songs have been posted!

You have until 6pm EST / 11pm BST Thursday 29th September to submit your comments and votes.

Good luck. Gamer.
589 days 2 hours ago
nateclove
01) LMFAO - OMGGGG a legendary song!!! I have a weird NSFW memory related to this song but we won't get into that. Wait I just remembered they allegedly had a threesome even though they're uncle and nephew. This is a lot. Anyway, I love this nostalgia trip!
02) The Chats - erm...camp!
03) Jonas Brothers - wait BAWPPPPP we moved!!
https://c.tenor.com/CCIHM2mlNSkAAAAd/for-gl-vemee-chloe-x-halle.gif
04) Rachel Stevens - this was nice and fun not really my favorite but I could get into it!!
05) Big Time Rush - sender ur SICK for sending the best song of all time omgjsjsjwjwja I hate youuu
06) Fantasia - cute but kinda boring I fear. not a big ballad fan.
07) Enrique Iglesias - OMFSHGSSSJS SMASH HIT!!!!!! my mother approves.
08) Taylor Swift - God I cannot stand his woman but YASSSSSSSSSS her campiest song I love it this is so funny xjshshsbsjs she mothered a bit here not going to lie...
09) Kid Cudi - YASSSSS WE JUMPED OUT OF OUR SEATS..... BAWPPP...COLLAPSE....
https://c.tenor.com/74rYVHzdqeUAAAAC/oprah-winfrey-scream.gif
10) Lea Michele - she can't read and she can't make good original music either.
11) Paradisio - kind of annoying but kind of boppy so sure
12) Baha Men - YASSSSSSSSSSSSS WE MOVED OMGGG......... collapseeee
13) Kygo & Whitney Houston - oh um alright sure. Kygo stays using the same beat for every song.
14) BTS - god no
15) Alicia Keys - A COLLAPSEEEEEEEEEE this is my 2nd fave alicia keys song of all time!
16) David Guetta - Not his best but at least David tries to change up his beats. This song is pretty iconic so I appreciate it!
17) Lorde - omg I used to be obsessed yasss far from the best song on this album but still a great song!
18) KARA - PURRRRRRR WE MOVED YASSSSSSSSSS
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CloudyLeanGordonsetter-max-1mb.gif
19) Justin Bieber - YASSSSSSSSSSSS COLLAPSEEEEEE.....like I hate justin but he makes some bops i fear!!!
20) Ariana Grande - oh erm...I mean this a great song but does it stand out against the absolute collapses this week? idk abt that.
589 days ago
Darbe
01) LMFAO – Good vibes. The kind of feel-good nostalgia that playing BETA has made me appreciate more. Plus, Lauren Bennett is a funny addition to this.
02) The Chats – Yup, not the demographic.
03) Jonas Brothers – Didn’t grow up listening to Disney music so I don’t feel a nostalgic connection. I do think it has a nice chorus though, so I did enjoy this more than anticipated. Also, I love you Nick Jonas.
04) Rachel Stevens – This is way catchier than I’d like to admit. Maybe it’s cause I grew up with it but I can’t help but sing along.
05) Big Time Rush – One of my mates showed me a photo of these guys a few days back and I said they look like my worst nightmare. I was correct, I hated this. 
06) Fantasia – Not typically into songs which sound like XF winners singles. I will give her credit for selling this song though. Still not fully my gig, but I did appreciate this. 
07) Enrique Iglesias – This is fun! Nothing ground-breaking, but a nice feel-good song.
08) Taylor Swift – Wouldn’t have been my top Taylor choice, or even in my top 50 for that matter.
09) Kid Cudi – This is how to tackle a song about mental health. This still sounds ultra-smooth, a smash. Love him.
10) Lea Michele – This did make me chuckle a bit. All her music sounds like it was written by Sia. I’m sure the Poli Gagarina supporters will be living.
11) Paradisio – It was camp fun. Not in love but I can appreciate it. Sounds very late 90s.
12) Baha Men – This may surprise people, but I don’t like this song. Animal noises in the songs just never seem to work well with my ears.
13) Kygo & Whitney Houston – I’m probably more generous to Kygo than I actually should be, considering I think I only like maybe three of his songs. He kinda lost me when he started sampling already popular songs.
15) Alicia Keys – A classic. One of the few songs which was abused on talented shows that I can still enjoy.
16) David Guetta – This is the energy we need in a J2999 hosted week! I had fun.
17) Lorde – Melodrama is one of my favourite albums when I’m depressed. This is probably the main song I’d be willing to listen to when I’m in a good mood also, so I’m glad this connected today also.
18) KARA – This was alright. Dated dance music but I can see the fun to it.
19) Justin Bieber – I do actually think this is one of Bieb’s better songs. It’s rare I hear dubstep influenced in pop songs, so it usually sounds fresh to me when I do. Not my favourite, but it’s good!
20) Ariana Grande – I loved this back when it was released. Ever since this became intertwined with the Manchester events, it’s hard for me to listen to this in the same way, but it is very pretty still. Nice closer!
588 days 21 hours ago
tbrown_47
My new ranking system just for J2999 week
J - this is Just a song…barely
2 - 2 bad this isn’t great, but better than  J
9 - 9/10. Good send
99 - final score: 99/10! A total collapse

https://media2.giphy.com/media/1mpndGZ9xMQfgsucjm/giphy.gif

01) LMFAO: So they play this song during the 4th quarter of every Nuggets game when our mascot tries to make a backwards halfcourt shot. Because of that, this song has grown on me quite a bit over the years. This song has never been 100% for me, but it’s a great, throwback party song. FINAL VERDICT: 9
02) The Chats: A lot of the time the punk rock vibe works for me, but this is meh. Not the energy we need for J2999 week I fear. FINAL VERDICT: 2
03) Jonas Brothers: I’ve never really been a JoBro guy, but this is cute. Wait lmao who is that Black guy? Talk about a serve. FINAL VERDICT: 9
04) Rachel Stevens: Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. FINAL VERDICT: TBD but like I promise I’ll listen before voting
05) Big Time Rush: Snoop really does elevate every song he’s featured on, it’s true. BTR has always been so camp, like that’s their biggest strength considering they are super bad. But like, it’s kind of endearing how bad they are, you know? FINAL VERDICT: 9
06) Fantasia: She has way better, but maybe those songs didn’t chart? Fantasia is obviously a great singer, but I have to be in the mood for something like this. But yessss sing! FINAL VERDICT: 9
07) Enrique Iglesias: LMAO this might be one of the most J2999 songs of the week so werk. I hated this song with a passion in high school. It truly was my anti-Pitbull era (other than We Run the Night). But you know what, the past is the past. This is totally acceptable. FINAL VERDICT: Not quite 9, but better than 2
08) Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift really only has two songs that I like, which I’m sure you can imagine is not this. But honestly, as corny as her teenage lyrics are, I didn’t mind the instrumentation. But yeah…I didn’t move much FINAL VERDICT: 2
09) Kid Cudi: Not my favorite Cudi song, but this is the serve of J2999 week. Just a very well produced, well constructed, and well written song. Gorgeous FINAL VERDICT: 99
10) Lea Michele: This was cute. The way I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. FINAL VERDICT: slightly slightly higher than 2
11) Paradisio: Yassss 90s camp. Good for them, but this sound doesn’t quite do it for me FINAL VERDICT: J
12) Baha Men: Has no one sent this? Seriously? I refuse to believe that but woohoo! This is fun music. This is good music. Incredible FINAL VERDICT: 99
13) Kygo & Whitney Houston: So they just took Whitney’s 1990 cover and mixed it with sounds. The innovation. FINAL VERDICT: conflicted
14) BTS: Someone will enjoy this, but not me I fear. FINAL VERDICT: J
15) Alicia Keys: Not my favorite of hers, but it’s a classic, and I’m not gonna knock it. It’s a vibe FINAL VERDICT: 9
16) David Guetta: One of two good songs he’s made. I love Usher, and this doesn’t rely on his same old tired beats. So this is a score for me FINAL VERDICT: 9
17) Lorde: Until Solar Power came back, I literally thought she fell off the face of the Earth after Pure Heroine. So yeah, I missed all things Melodrama. But you can always count on Lorde to deliver well produced music. I enjoyed this. FINAL VERDICT: 9
18) KARA: This was cute! Ok, I’m actually moving quite a bit though. This is quite fun. FINAL VERDICT: 9
19) Justin Bieber: FINAL VERDICT: J for Justin. Big Sean, I’m sorry you got dragged into this
20) Ariana Grande: I do like this Ari song. Though I am a bit over her being in Beta because I feel like I always say the same thing. Obviously she can sing, but most times I don’t get much else from anything else in her songs. Maybe because I just subconsciously compare all of her songs to My Hair which I doubt she’ll ever top. But this is a good pick for me at least. FINAL VERDICT: 9
587 days 5 hours ago
ilovetosing
01) LMFAO - 'Party Rock Anthem (ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock)'  ☕️ - I don't like super love this song, but it's a nice throwback to when this song was first released.

02) The Chats - 'Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist) - Wiggles Cover' 🧉 - Not sure what I just listened but it isn't for me tbh.

03) Jonas Brothers - 'Burnin' Up' ☕️ - There are some songs that I really like from them, this isn't one of them unfortunately, but it's still decent enough.

04) Rachel Stevens - 'More, More, More' - Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country

Ok, let's check out the one that is posted in Discord.
04) Rachel Stevens - 'More, More, More'  🍷 - WORTH IT. I was scared that this is another Lil Mama but this disco beat is so nice.

05) Big Time Rush - 'Boyfriend (ft. Snoop Dogg)' 🧃 - Justin Bieber had the better song with the same title.

06) Fantasia - 'I Believe' 🍷 - This is very much right up my alley.

07) Enrique Iglesias - 'I Like It' 🧃 - I feel like I was forced to like this because it was everywhere in the early 2010s.

08) Taylor Swift - 'Picture To Burn' ☕️ - I've always preferred her country songs more but tbh the whole "Red" album is almost right there and that would've been a better pick.

09) Kid Cudi - 'Pursuit of Happiness (ft. MGMT)' 🥛 - Yeah, I don't really care for this.

10) Lea Michele - 'Cue The Rain' 🧃 - This is inoffensive, but nothing too amazing here.

11) Paradisio - 'Bailando (ft. Maria Garcia & DJ Patrick Samoy)' 🧃 - The music is ok, but the audio sounds very muffled.

12) Baha Men - 'Who Let The Dogs Out' 🍷 - The biggest mystery of the century tbh.

13) Kygo & Whitney Houston - 'Higher Love' 🥛 - STOP RUINING OLD MUSIC WITH THESE CHEAP GENERIC REMIX! THIS IS GOD AWFUL FOR THE ?!@#$%^&*()???@@##@#$%TGVBHDJXNSBH
https://media.giphy.com/media/m2hjlbNbSRGy4/giphy.gif

Sorry for losing my composure, let me calm down please.

14) BTS - 'Stay Gold' 🧉 - I mean, anything sounds good after that cheap generic remix. But well, it's BTS so......., yeah no.

15) Alicia Keys - 'Fallin'' 🧉 - She has amazing vocals but this song just isn't for me tbh.

16) David Guetta - 'Without You (ft. Usher)' 🧃 - Another cheap generic EDM song but at least it's original and Usher has good vocals.

17) Lorde - 'Perfect Places' 🧃 - Never really gotten her music tbh.

18) KARA - 'Jumping' ☕️ - A bit dated but still pretty decent.

19) Justin Bieber - 'As Long As You Love Me (ft. Big Sean)' 🥛 - The dubstep is so bad lol.

20) Ariana Grande - 'One Last Time' 🍷 - I usually like her earlier songs but this is one of the best songs from the later stages of her career tbh.
586 days 22 hours ago
FromAWindow
Well rip my connecting flight I was able to do beta while waiting for my first flight to take off and it hasn’t yet pray for me

01) LMFAO - YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Random memory with this song, every Tuesday in 6th grade PE class was “gym day” where we were forced to use our schools workout machines and our teacher would always put on the top 20 of the week to motivate people and I swear this was always the first song on the playlist when we started. So my main memory attached to this is a bunch of sweaty 6th graders using workout equipment incorrectly yasssssssss.

02) The Chats - Not totally my vibe sorry <3

03) Jonas Brothers - I’m actually so so mad I forgot to submit this, it was on my shortlist like a month ago and I never got around to this song, total BAWPPPPPP!!!! I loveeeeee this song RED DRE-ESS!!!! CATCH MY BREATH!!! Okay but I love this song, the Jonas brothers were really just such nostalgic hits for me.

04) Rachel Stevens - Oooooooooh bopppp. As much as this is just a blatant cover it’s a very 2000s cover and honestly I’m here for it :)) The production was very luscious and I enjoyed this :)

05) Big Time Rush - I’m looking for a different song tbh. A shame, I’d have liked this maybe with some nostalgia but a snooze I fear.

06) Fantasia - This sounds a little like the song American Idol would’ve written for Fantasia for the finale of S3 if they gave them a challenge to perform an original song. I wonder if that’s like what this is lmaooooo. I mean it’s cute!!!!! Fantasia kills it vocally like duhhhhhh but it’s a little boiler played gospel to me ya know? I will say season 3 of American idol kinda was a moment, I won’t ever forget being in a hospital room probably getting diagnosed with diabetes when the she was crowned the winner LMAO.

07) Enrique Iglesias - OMG THIS SONG WOWWWWWW oh now THIS is a callback. Like it’s fine ya know lmao. Better for nostalgia, I don’t mind it.

08) Taylor Swift - Who hates us lmaoooo. How did this get so big? This is soooooo poorly done lmao. Like I hate the production and no offense (but who cares bc she’s the biggest pop star nowadays) but her voice just sounds so underdeveloped. AND WHERE WAS THE SLUR??????????????

09) Kid Cudi - Ooooooooooh I like it. I’ve heard this before but didn’t know it right away, the production was great!!! I didn’t necessarily love his voice for all of it but he served when he needed to, I like this!!!! I mean kinda duh bc this is right up my alley but serve!!!!

10) Lea Michele - LMAOOOOO oh fuck Lea Michele but honestly I hate that this isn’t horrible at all. This honestly is more funny than anything but it sounds good for a 2010s production. I like this…eww

11) Paradisio - LMAOOOOO kinda serve I cant lie. This is boppy and fun and stuff if a little too cute (derogatory), but I liked this!

12) Baha Men - I don’t think I’ve ever heard this in a serious manner before I can’t lie. I mean bop I suppose but if I’m judging this seriously it isn’t my favorite song in the world. It’s slightly all over the place, the beat is fun, it’s meh vocally, but it’s a fun song I mean duh it’s used for all the things lmao.

13) Kygo & Whitney Houston - This is the version of this song that’s on all those pride playlists made by straight people, right? I don’t mind this! Especially for a remix tbh. The original is OBVIOUSLY better but hey I like this enough! The chorus is what’s the best about this song duh, and I actually like the remixed beat drop part with Whitney’s vocals!!! I enjoyed this more than I should’ve LMAOOOOO

14) BTS - It’s fine. Idk. Cute I suppose. I’m happy for them for making very commercial sounding music that brings them success. I don’t love this kind of kpop but work.

15) Alicia Keys - This song was played to death when she released her album a month ago bc Starbucks made an Alicia keys playlist in partnership with her so I heard this song like 3 times a day. That said, this is a serve. The kind of laid back music I enjoy and am glad others also enjoy! Loveeeeeeee the vocals yassss. Serve!

16) David Guetta - Oh this is kind of the winner let’s be real. Dramatic but in a fun way, the beat servessssssss and the build is fantastic, usher sounds incredible here, maybe this winning will make up for Yeah! not winning when it was ABSOLITELY robbed like come onnnnnnnnn. Yeah this is a bangerrrrrrrr, it’s missing a little oomph in the chorus but like iconic song duhhhh

17) Lorde - I never listened to Melodrama bc like idk societal misogyny I suppose but this is great!!!! I doubt lorde will never be a beta winner bc her songs don’t entirely appeal to the appeal of what beta is but this could potentially come close!!! This is great!!!!! There’s a real early 2010s feel in this song that benefits this song a lot but it’s still very very well done, I really enjoy this!!!!! I really should listen to this album especially considering supercut was one of the songs I was considering for second chances week however long ago.

18) KARA - OMGGGGGGGG YESSSSSSSSSSSS WAIT THIS IS SO GOOD YASSSSSSSSSSSSS nvm forget what I said with David Guetta THIS is the winner!!!!! PERIODDDDDD THE KEY CHANGE YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

19) Justin Bieber - This is kind of his best song and the only good song he ever made but I’m naturally going to hate everything this little shit does. *reluctantly maybe considers giving him points*

20) Ariana Grande - *cries* This song is SPECTACULAR it’s just SO *chefs kiss* it’s such good dance pop and her voice just goes OFFFFFFFF especially in the last chorus, this is just such a well done pop song and i just love my queen sm :hugs:
586 days 19 hours ago
LornaHollas
1.        This hasn’t been used yet? This song was everywhere in 2011!
3.        This was quite cringey
4.        This hasn’t been used yet? Such an iconic bop, this had such a hold over me when I was like 7!
5.        This was horrible!
6.        Generic ballad, it’s alright but it seems to have a fake talent show manufactured feel about it!
7.        Lol I’d forgotten about this song, still quite the bop!
8.        Why do we keep getting questionable Taylor songs when her bops get left unsent?
9.        This song is used in an advert I think?
10.        Problematic illiterate fave!
11.        I was vibing along to this!
12.        A song that seemed better when you were a kid than nowadays. Good for nostalgia though!
13.        Never cared for this remix
14.        Please stop
15.        When I went to the jubilee concert after Alicia Keys was finished a drunk girl started yelling “come back Alicia Keys, go away smelly old man” to David Attenborough giving a speech about the planet. Then she left after she figured out Alicia wasn’t coming back
16.        A girl who sat next to me in one of my classes in school used to have this on repeat and way too loud in her headphones!
17.        This song is so good! I love it so much!
18.        It was fun!
19.        He has one song I like and the rest are unlistenable! This is one of the many unlistenable Justin Bieber songs!
20.        Quite an emotional song after the Manchester bombings
586 days 5 hours ago
ryan5676
01) LMFAO – Yes this is a feel-good entry that has me shuffling along and it is just so good and catchy and is so memorable
02) The Chats – Even though the puppets looked creepy, this is a good cover of a Wiggles song adding their own spin
03) Jonas Brothers – Their vocals are cringe to me and the music is just too bland and don’t really add anything for me sadly
04) Rachel Stevens – Yes, I want more more MORE of this as this is a bop I crave for and she got lovely vocals which helped to elevate the song into a fantastic track
05) Big Time Rush – Eh the rapping is below average and this boy band is so lacklustre and I honestly don’t care who they are
06) Fantasia – Her vocals are insane and I really do love that but the song is kinda forgettable being too slow to get through
07) Enrique Iglesias – The music has got me moving and I do like it actually as it is high energy and this is bringing the latin vibe out
08) Taylor Swift – Yeah, I do think she is a good singer but this country song doesn’t drive me crazy in the end but nice try
09) Kid Cudi – I do remember this song somehow which is a good sign with the music but the singer really drags this on and don’t have a good voice
10) Lea Michele – This is giving me goosebumps as her vocals are tingling great and the music is so powerful and this is an event, I’m glad I witnessed
11) Paradisio – Ew I am not liking her seductive singing as it just uh and the dance track is so bland and not interesting
12) Baha Men – Now this is a childhood song I can get behind and it is just so much fun to hear and that chorus is a riot as everyone will remember this for sure
13) Kygo & Whitney Houston – This is really uplifting with Whitney’s vocals and the music helps to bring that modern production making it that good to hear
14) BTS – I’m tired of them as they bring nothing new but the same thing over again and this song is just bland to me and sucks
15) Alicia Keys – I wish she gave more power and energy into this as the song really needed that as it has potential with the right singer
16) David Guetta – Yes this is my jam as the song builds up into an almighty banger as I was raving all over and it just brings a smile to my face
17) Lorde – I’m not a fan of her style and this is just a depressing bland forgettable tune that really don’t grip me and I wish it was over
18) KARA – The girls have talent the music is wacko and so dated with it being a jumble of mess and that is a shame
19) Justin Bieber – I forgot about this song and there is a reason for that as the chorus is just a disaster like he is driving along a rough road and the rapper is a waste
20) Ariana Grande – I so love that we ended this contest which lasted forever with a masterpiece as she let it rip and the music is up there getting me bopping along

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!