This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Immunity Challenge #4

Topic » Immunity Challenge #4

1860 days 23 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Will be semi-live and last from 7-9 PM EST tonight. You won't need to be on the whole time to complete the challenge. As usual, I'll post the actual challenge after Choshu's votes are read.
1860 days 16 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Come on in guys!

Satsuma and Tokugawa getting your first look at the new Choshu -- Jacob voted out at the last tribal council.

Alright, first things first: Satsuma and Tokugawa, I'll take back the idols. Immunity is back up for grabs. However, it's going to be a little different tonight, because *clicks idols together to form one immunity idol* only one tribe will be winning immunity tonight. The first place tribe in tonight's challenge will be safe, while the two losing tribes will each attend SEPARATE tribal councils and vote one person out of the game each.

Tonight's challenge is called "Knowing Your Host" - here's how it works:

When the challenge begins, I will post four different sets of questions about Japan (5 questions each for 20 questions total). Some will probably be harder than others in terms of how fast you can look the information up. Your job is to assign one member of your tribe to answer one of the sets of four questions (each tribe member must take a different set, meaning everyone who participates can only answer 1 set of 5 questions total). How you assign who does what is up to you -- for Tokugawa and Satsuma, two people will be sitting out by default.

For every correct answer, you score a point for your tribe. When the challenge ends, the tribe with the most points wins immunity and idol clues. For the two losing tribes, tribal council where two people will be voted out separately. In the event of a tie, the tribe that got all of their submissions in the fastest will win.

Any questions, just ask. Good luck! I will post the questions when the challenge officially begins.
1860 days 16 hours ago
islandsurvivor
Ok so you are mailing the answers to you right? So that means its ok if i don't get on exactly at 7 the only advantage that would give me is a little more time and tie breaker?
1860 days 16 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Bob - Yes, correct
1860 days 16 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
To clarify, you should send me your answers by either mails or over skype, do not post them here.
1860 days 16 hours ago
SuperEmily3721
okay!
1860 days 15 hours ago
Iceey
What if we don’t have 4 people
1860 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Then you're not going to get the full amount of points, which is why I'm making the challenge semi-live.
1860 days 14 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Questions:

Set 1:
1.        In what year did Japan surrender to end World War II?
2.        Which of the 4 main islands that make up Japan is the largest by geographic size?
3.        What is the capital of Japan?
4.        Which country was Japan fighting against in the Sino-Japanese War?
5.        How many total feature films have been released by Studio Ghibli?

Set 2:
1.        In what year did the Tokugawa Shogunate end?
2.        What is the average life expectancy for someone born in Japan?
3.        What is the term for the ancient Japanese “warrior code” practiced by the samurai?
4.        In what year was the Battle of Midway?
5.        What country was Japan at war with in 1904 and 1905?

Set 3:
1.        True or False – Japan was allies with the United States, Great Britain, and France during World War I.
2.        Japan is traditionally known as “The Land of the Rising ____”
3.        In what year did Commodore Perry visit Japan from America, forcing them to begin trading with the outside world?
4.        What is the derogatory Japanese term for a person who is “obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills”?
5.        What is the population of Japan?

Set 4:
1.        Which country did Japan attack on December 7, 1941?
2.        What product is Japan’s largest export, making up 20.9% of their exports overall?
3.        True or False – Japan’s economy is the seventh largest in the world by GDP
4.        Which of the 4 main islands that make up Japan is the smallest by geographic size?
5.        How many times has Japan hosted the Olympics?

You may begin! Because I was a few minutes late in posting you will now have 9:05 to submit
1860 days 14 hours ago
Iceey
I’ll do set 1 for Tokugawa
1860 days 14 hours ago
SuperEmily3721
I'll do Set 4!
1860 days 14 hours ago
Iceey
Chili is gonna tackle set 2. We just need someone to do 3
1860 days 14 hours ago
TheOmen
I’ll do set 3 for Tokugawa
1860 days 13 hours ago
Connor_
Is there anything left for Tokugawa?
1860 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Challenge is now over. All tribes submitted for all the sections and I'm just double checking the results before I post them.
1860 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Correct answers:

Set 1:
1.        In what year did Japan surrender to end World War II? - 1945
2.        Which of the 4 main islands that make up Japan is the largest by geographic size? - Honshu
3.        What is the capital of Japan? - Tokyo
4.        Which country was Japan fighting against in the Sino-Japanese War? - China
5.        How many total feature films have been released by Studio Ghibli? - 21

Set 2:
1.        In what year did the Tokugawa Shogunate end? - I accepted either 1867 or 1868
2.        What is the average life expectancy for someone born in Japan? - I accepted anywhere from 83-84 years
3.        What is the term for the ancient Japanese “warrior code” practiced by the samurai? - Bushido
4.        In what year was the Battle of Midway? - 1942
5.        What country was Japan at war with in 1904 and 1905? - Russia

Set 3:
1.        True or False – Japan was allies with the United States, Great Britain, and France during World War I. - True
2.        Japan is traditionally known as “The Land of the Rising ____” - Sun
3.        In what year did Commodore Perry visit Japan from America, forcing them to begin trading with the outside world? - 1853
4.        What is the derogatory Japanese term for a person who is “obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills”? - Otaku
5.        What is the population of Japan? - I accepted anywhere from 126-127 million

Set 4:
1.        Which country did Japan attack on December 7, 1941? - United States
2.        What product is Japan’s largest export, making up 20.9% of their exports overall? - Vehicles
3.        True or False – Japan’s economy is the seventh largest in the world by GDP - False
4.        Which of the 4 main islands that make up Japan is the smallest by geographic size? - Shikoku
5.        How many times has Japan hosted the Olympics? - 3

open group

Will's Survivor: Malawi [APPS OPEN]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!