This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Performance Show 2: Billboard Hot 100!

Topic » Performance Show 2: Billboard..

4327 days 4 hours ago
Jermin119
I was worse than 11 other people wow
4327 days 3 hours ago
ZakAustin
:O THANK YOU SO MUCH SOKER!! someone told me I was going to be in the bottom this week :( I hope it isn't true! Thanks again!! :)
4327 days ago
FlameonX
I definitely did not play it safe LOL
4326 days 7 hours ago
princesskk
Is anyone else going to rank us? :/
4326 days 6 hours ago
Emma
Sorry for the delay!

1. Akron - I've always been somewhat intrigued by your song choices and it looks like that trend shall continue. I know from the previous season that you've got a very interesting voice and I'm not sure this song plays to your voice enough, but on the whole I think you were vocally solid throughout and did a good job with it.

2. Gurlbai - You're obviously a very strong vocalist, so vocals a very rarely an issue with your performances. I appreciate how you've chosen a different type of song such as this, because we are looking for versatility, however I wasn't crazy about some of the choices you made with some notes, I can't deny though that that was another strong performance from you.

3. Wonderland - I really enjoyed this performance, and when I read you were singing this I was nervous and apprehensive - thankfully I had little reason to be. You coped with this song magnificently, yes there were a few shaky moments in the upper register, but largely, I thought this was a great performance.

4. Maxiphone27 - This song suited you down to the ground, and I must commend you because based on your two performances of this season you have improved so much since the last season, where I found you rather inconsistent - no such problems are occurring!

5. Blackwidow - I was wondering who would take on this mammoth song! This might be confusing because it kinda contradicts what sokerdude is telling you, but in the opening verses I wish you had held back a little bit more with your vocals and have a more subdued feel to it. There were a few little issues with phrasing here and there, but I'd say your vocals were pretty solid. I really liked your performance of Blackbird also, I think that performance really showed off a unique tone to your voice. I can't wait to hear more from you as we move through the weeks.

6. TripleXXX – I’m pretty much going to agree entirely with sokerdude here. It is a definite improvement on last week and I think that this is maybe a direction you should maybe stick in – songs in this sort of tempo.  There were quite a few shaky notes, and perhaps some timing issues here and there. One thing I have noticed though is that you are getting behind the spirit and into the emotions of the songs you’ve chosen. I thought there were a few issues, but I did like that you attacked the song with the right amount of gusto.

7. RJ18 – Having listened to both of your performances, for me this is such a large step in the right direction. Personally, I wasn’t really a fan of the musical style performance you gave last week – this week is much better, love the song and I felt it showed off your voice, both in terms of technique and tone, a hell of a lot more than last week.  Still a few blips along the way, but an improvement nonetheless.

8. Princesskk – When I saw the theme, I instantly paired you with this song – the mood, the rhythm, the feel of the song just suit you down to the ground. Vocally, I felt it was consistent and I really enjoyed the performance.

9. Jermin119 – I must admit I wasn’t really a fan of the song choice at all, but I found your take on it rather interesting. I found it quite dark and ethereal - qualities that the Bieber doesn’t exactly possess. I think also that it was an improvement on your first performance, I personally felt that Turning Tables was a bit too big for you, whereas I think this song fitted nicer. It wasn’t perfect, and I can see how other people might not enjoy it, but I definitely think it was one of the more interesting and unexpected performances of the night.

10. ZakAustin – Oh this was very strong indeed, I know the arrangement was the same as the original but something in your delivery made it sound so fresh. I much preferred this to your performance last week, where I was put off with some of the runs you were doing, but you can certainly sing and this was a superb song choice.
4326 days 6 hours ago
Emma
11. FlameonX – Similar to Wonderland, I felt nervous whenever I read you were singing Climax because vocally, it’s a beast of a song – the falsetto, the power, the transitions. Whilst there were a few issues with some longer notes, on the whole the falsetto was strong and the transitions were on point. Real good job.

12. TolisKalkas – As much as I love Robyn, this was a much better song choice for your voice in my opinion – an undeniable improvement. Loved the playful inflections you had, really delivered the spirit and feeling of the song.

13. Emmaleigh – It sounded like there were some technical issues, with the track, something definitely didn’t sound right. It’s a shame you didn’t have more time to weed out these little issues. It’s a real guilty pleasure song, so happy and innocent and I think you captured the feel of it perfectly, however it did seem like there quite a few timing issues (perhaps due to the backing track, I don’t know), and your vocals were a little shaky here and there.
4326 days 6 hours ago
Emma
1. ZakAustin
2. FlameonX
3. Maxiphone27
4. Wonderland
5. TolisKalkas
6. Gurlbai
7. Akron
8. RJ18
9. BlackWidow
10. Jermin119
11. Princesskk
12. Emmaleigh
13. TripleXXX
4326 days 6 hours ago
TripleXXX
this sucks that im going to be kicked out even though I improved from last week :'( so not fair all im asking is for one more chance.
4326 days 5 hours ago
krisbliss
Thank you so much Emma and Soker for commenting/ranking already!! I will add my comments/rankings soon as well. I also just received blog's submission   Soker and Emma, if you could add comments for blog's song too, that would be wonderful (and update the rankings with him in it).  Thanks so much!

Here is blog's submission:
#!

Just a note: There may be a slight penalty given to the contestants who were late with their submissions. If so, that will be administered after all the judges comments/rankings are combined.
4326 days 2 hours ago
princesskk
Sorry everyone involved but I'm going to have to drop out... I'm having surgery tomorrow that will make singing impossible for a few weeks and I didnt have enough time to prerecord my songs! Gl to you all!
4326 days 2 hours ago
sokerdude7
Sorry to hear that kels! Good luck with the surgery hope all goes well!
4325 days 23 hours ago
sokerdude7
Blogs - Oh Ben Ben Ben, I just love your voice. However, I could tell you weren't really connected to the song as much as I have seen you in the past. You sound good, but it's just not what I expect from you it felt rushed. Now would you like to play marbles, YES OR NO?

Updated Ranking

1  - Zakaustin
2 - FlameonX
3 - TolisKalkas
4 - Maxiphone
5 - Wonderland
6 - Gurlbai
7 - Blackwidow
8 - PrincessKK
9 - Akron
10 - RJ18
11 - Blogs
12 - Emmaleigh
13 - Jermin119
14 - TripleXXX
4324 days 22 hours ago
maxiphone27
i'm anxious to hear what the other judges have to say!
4324 days 13 hours ago
ZakAustin
Are we being punk'd?
4324 days 9 hours ago
krisbliss
So sorry for taking forever to post my comments/rankings! Oh, and I'm very sorry kels that you have to drop out :(. Thanks so much for joining, and I hope your surgery and recovery go really well <3.

Akron - I think this song fit your voice pretty nicely, and it was neat to hear you sing in Portuguese. I don't think the song had any moments that really made you shine, but that's not your fault. Overall, you did a good job.

Gurlbai - I really enjoyed hearing you sing this song. You have such a strong voice. I agree with the other judges so far that some of the things you did with the notes might not have always totally work, but I still think you did a nice job.

Wonderland - I really liked this performance from you!! You have a great quality in your voice that allows you to show emotion really well.  You definitely did a good job pulling this song off, and I hope you can continue to shine as the competition goes forward.

maxiphone - I agree with Emma and Soker that this song was perfect for your voice. Your voice is so pleasant to listen to. You did an excellent job with this performance, and I really hope you can keep it up as the rounds continue.

BlackWidow - I think this song would be hard to cover due to its sheer popularity, but I think you did a good job with it. I do feel like there was a little something missing that kept it from being an AMAZING performance. I think it could have used some more emotion in the beginning of the song. By the end, you seemed to emote more and really brought it. Still, you did a nice job.

TripleXXX - I agree with Emma and Soker that this was a definite improvement from last week! There were still some shaky parts in the performance, but I also love how hard you are working to improve in this competition. You can really tell you are giving it your all, and that emotion comes through in your singing.

RJ18 - This was definitely a step up from last week! I think this type of song fits your voice a lot better than the one you did last week. I quite enjoyed listening to this performance, and I'm really looking forward to what you will do in the future, and I hope you can keep picking better and better songs for your voice.

princesskk - I'm so bummed that you had to drop out of the competition :(. This song was really fitting for your voice. I didn't always like how some of the notes seemed to be extended during the chorus, but I think you did a good job with this song overall.

Jermin119 - I thought this was an interesting choice. I do like the darker quality to your voice. Sometimes I didn't always think it flowed with this song, and it was hard to hear what you were saying in parts. I did enjoy the "rap" part. You should do more of that in the future if you can!

Zakaustin - This was incredible!! I love how you put your own twist on the song and really made it your own. The things you did with the song really worked beautifully! You emote such energy in your singing, and it makes it so enjoyable to hear. Great job once again. I hope you can keep delivering these stellar performance week after week.

FlameonX - This was an amazing performance! You tackled such a difficult song, and you did it so wonderfully.  I enjoyed this performance even more than your one from last week. Great job and keep it up!!

TolisKalkas - I really like this one! This was MUCH better than last round! I loved the emotion you put into this song, and vocally it fit you really well. I hope you are able to keep delivering performances like this one.  Wonderful job!

open group

Tengaged Idol (Karaoke): All-Stars

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!