This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Judges table!

Topic » Judges table!

4191 days 5 hours ago
where each of the judges will question your food whether your in the top or the bottom!
4190 days 4 hours ago
(only happens in elimination challenges)
4188 days 5 hours ago
Topher
jman96-  Toasted Ravioli Pizza Mini-Burgers
I give this a 7 - great idea and great execution...

Tuninho- Halftime Caramel Popcorn Balls
I give this a 6 - its a bit safe and not much cooking is involved.

Zed55- Healthy Whoopie Pies
I give this a 5 - Whoopie Pies aren't the most decadent things to serve.

Realchance- Chocolate Cupcake fish
I give this 4. I just don't get it.

Koolmanmadden- Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
I give this a 6 - I love it but again its kinda playing it safe. This is All Stars - I expect the bar to be a lot higher.
4188 days 5 hours ago
jman96
Thank you chef topher
4188 days 4 hours ago
turney1805

5. This would have been higher too, but you used pre cooked ravioli. If this was the actual show, I would be more understanding but you have no time constraints here, make your ravioli! That way you can customs and spice things up a bit. Other than that it was a good dish and I'm glad to see you fusing Italian and American cuisine.

3. Woah man! I'm all for dessert but not that. You barely cooked anything and I really feel like I would need to see my dentist after eating that. You are on Top Chef All Stars, you need to be more refined.

3. I'm honestly confused as to why you would serve this. This dessert is a weird mix of healthy and sugary, and to be quiet honest I'm just not feeling it. You have been playing it way too safe, and I don't know if you forgot but this is Top Chef All Stars. I competed with you in Season 2 and I KNOW you can do better than this.

2. Martha Stewart called....She wants her fish plate back. This may be for kids, but hiding behind mediocre decorations won't work here. You made the basic chocolate cupcake with an inedible frosting. Yes, I know it's inedible because there is way too much sugar in it. VERY unimpressed

4. This was extremely safe and simple but compared to the others you ventured out of the box the more, so I guess good job. The flavored work but please don't make this a habit. Venture out of your comfort zone.

Overall I'm very unimpressed. This is Top Chef All Stars. For most of these the execution is there, but execution alone is not going to get you the win. You need to be more creative and take your dishes to a whole new level. Be adventurous, more times than not you will find that the dish will be more successful than you think
4188 days 4 hours ago
7/10 it was great! but gotta deduct for using pre-cooked ravioli!

5/10 it was great you just didnt cook much though!

2/10 uh uh no no! this was well bad! it was too safe as well! i mean come on roots and sugar? it dont even sound good to me!

3/10 ugh no! frosting was way too much here!

5/10 sweet but very safe! but this was better than the people who scored 2 and 3 respectively!

the winner of the challenge is.......

JMAN96!

kool, and tun your safe too!

zed and real we need to talk!
4188 days 4 hours ago
Realchance
yes we shall
4188 days 3 hours ago
Zed55
Okay
4188 days 3 hours ago
i'm including nicki in this talk as well

real and zed:
what the heck were you thiking about in your dishes?

real, you saddened me dude :( i mean you won a season and you make a dish like this? i know you can do much better!

zed, you have been doing so weak so far! whats going on?

nicki, what the hell happened, you use to be active, your lucky that quickfire got you immunity! o forgot to say that, ya it got you immunity this week but still would have loved for you to post a dish!

ALL: what quickfire and elimination challenge would u love to do next?
4188 days 3 hours ago
oh and kelly/lea are eliminated tonight! nicki, consider this your last warning! be active!
4188 days 1 hour ago
Zed55
Sorry Judges it has been a stressful week for me I will improve
4188 days 1 hour ago
Realchance
real and zed:
what the heck were you thiking about in your dishes?
With my dish I thought about my neices, and all the young children I know. They love cupcakes and they love to be able to play with what they are eating. Potatoes can be volcanoes and I mean it could be surprising what kids imaginations come up with.

real, you saddened me dude :( i mean you won a season and you make a dish like this? i know you can do much better!
I as well know I can do much better. This time it was harder for me because I thought about home. I am a strong cook, I proved it in the quickfire that I have what it takes . I hate to be negative nelly here but out of everyone who posted  Zed did the worst in the quickfire. Now hes in the bottom two, this is all stars I dont mean to be offensive but you bring it your all or not at all I am ready to step it up and start swinging.

ALL: what quickfire and elimination challenge would u love to do next?
I would love to do a seafood challenge
4187 days 22 hours ago
turney1805
To be honest, I am highly disappointed in both of you.

Not only you two, but everyone in this game seems to be take the easy way out by doing safe dishes. I wouldnt be so bothered by this but both of you you are picked are safe dishes but lack proper execution.

First and foremost you are both Top Chefs, execution is KEY if you want to make it far in this game. Real, you served cupcakes drowned in frosting with way too much sugar. You might as well have just served the frosting in the bowl, to be honest.

Zed, you choose to go the healthy route which I applaud for trying to go out of normal bounds, but you still found a way to pick a dish that was safe and the flavors just dont mix. You served us sugary beets that still managed to lack flavor. If you are going to pick healthy, fine go that route but dont try and water it down for us.

I have no questions for either of you tonight seeing how neither of you are going home so I will offer everyone a piece of advice that could take you far:

Pick a dish that focuses on certain item. I don't care if its a steak, a cupcake, or beets. Then make sure all of the ingredients you pick only enhance the flavors of what you want to stand out. Dont try and do too much. Be REFINED.

I have faith that both of you can serve something amazing, that is the only reason why I am being so harsh.

Don't let me down.
4187 days 7 hours ago
jman96
thanks judges for the win.
4182 days 2 hours ago
from turney:
legend_of_link (kool)- Chicago deep dish pizza!

2. You made another safe dish I am honestly so disappointed right now. I dont think you understand that this is Top Chef: ALL STARS. If I wanted a Deep Dish Pizza, I would go to my local pizzeria.

Zed55- Gingery Sweet Potato Soup with an Orange Splash Cocktail

9. WOW. Just WOW. You knocked this out of the park. This is a HUGE turn around for you, and I am VERY impressed right now. Please keep this up. My only knock on the dish is the alcohol. You dont need to make us cocktails, especially when the soup can stand alone.

Jman96- Filet Mignon with bell Pepper Haystack and fresh Guacamole serfed with corn chips

8. This is a good dish! Im not WOWed by it, but the flavors are great you are trying to step out the box.

Tuninho- Honey Teriyaki Chicken with Ripe Pineapple Spears and Black and White Rice Balls

6. Okay here's the thing, the dish title sounds AMAZING but after reading the recipe, you can see its nothing unique. You made white rice then sprinkled black sesame seeds, you cut up pineapple, and you added honey to your teriyaki sauce. Dont think that a fancy title means that the dish is out of the box, because this dish was nothing special.

Realchance- STEAMED RED SNAPPER WITH CHANTERELLES AND ROCK SHRIMP OVER A BUTTERNUT SQUASH SAUCE

4.5. I dont see how this dish is representative of Season 1. Season 1 of Top Chef was filmed in San Francisco. If you explained how this dish was related to Season 1, then great, I will gladly raise this score, but Im confused. My hope is that you didnt just get a dish that a chef from Season 1 served and made that your representation. One dish cooked during the season does NOT mean it represents the whole season. Other than that, the dish was good, but since you didnt follow challenge rules, I cant give it a high score.
4182 days 2 hours ago
from topher:

legend_of_link (kool)- Chicago deep dish pizza! - since he didnt he fill this column i guess he means you get a 1 from him?

Zed55- Gingery Sweet Potato Soup with an Orange Splash Cocktail
I score this a 6.

Jman96- Filet Mignon with bell Pepper Haystack and fresh Guacamole serfed with corn chips
I score this a 6.

Tuninho- Honey Teriyaki Chicken with Ripe Pineapple Spears and Black and White Rice Balls
I score this an 8 - best dish of the challenge surprisingly.

Realchance- STEAMED RED SNAPPER WITH CHANTERELLES AND ROCK SHRIMP OVER A BUTTERNUT SQUASH
I score this a 7.

open group

49288's top chef all-stars! (day 10)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!