This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 477 Final

Topic » TSC 477 Final

711 days 12 hours ago
dragotistic
01) Ylona Garcia - This had some nice pop to it, I liked it!
02) CHELJI - I did not like this, sorry.
03) Telenova - I WAS DREAMING OF BLUE SKIES IN CALIFORNIAAA. Gorgeous.
04) Lynnea M - She has a decent voice, but the song feels very basic and I can’t get behind it.
05) Cody Frost - She’s so edgy, she’s so cool. I did enjoy this quite a bit.
06) Jay Fung - This is serving so much realness. Very enjoyable this week.
07) Purple Disco Machine, Sophie and The Giants - I hate that this isn’t bad. I hate that this is probably a top 5 song. I hate that I’m gonna point this.
08) Sam Ryder - Space Man >
09) Nattalie Blake - Not really my vibe, sorry.
10) Lolo Zouaï - This is a little disappointing from Lolo in my opinion. Some of the chords were really nice to listen to.
11) Eyedi - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
12) NOTD, kenzie - This song is competing for the Worst Thing so far this week. (jk jk), it’s fine, not really standing out for me this week
13) Sira x KazOnDaBeat - this was solid! Very enjoyable
14) Catarina Pereira - This sounds like a Eurovision song like a lot. I keep getting My Number One vibes LOOL. It’s okay.
15) Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club >
16) chuala - This had a cool vibe, but it’s not really my thing.
17) Dami Im - I’ve never in my life thought I would listen to a song called Lonely Cactus. Dami Im is a great artist, but I’ve heard better from her.
18) Khalid - I’m a slut for this production, I think we all know tgat,
19) Nana M. Rose - this was literally stunning
20) NAVA - not really for me
21) Shamir - nah fam, this was not good
22) Mysie - not the Mysie song I would’ve submitted, this is okay
23) KEiiNO - KEiiNO try to be more original challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
24) Shay - I’ll pass on this, not for me
25) Chilli Beans. - Very cool, very sleek. I liked this.
26) Sabrina Claudio - I was kinda bored sorry
27) Eli Hsieh - the other Eli Hsieh song that was sent last year outsells by a lot sorry
28) Daphne Willis - i’m not moving oop
711 days 12 hours ago
dragotistic
18) Khalid - I’m a slut for this production, I think we all know that. Yeah this was really good.

Forgot to finish my comment for Khalid oops
711 days 12 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Ylona Garcia - Kind of a basic bop, but it's executed quite well. Won't be surprised if it does well considering the current TSC audience, pretty solid starter.
2. CHELJI - Absolutely not for me, just found it to be a grating listen as a whole.
3. Telenova - Could be much shorter, but this has groovy production. Nice vibe and buildup, decent song.
4. Lynnea M - Confused between trying to sound smooth and like a trendy pop record at the same time. Doesn't go fully there on either side, a bit disappointing.
5. Cody Frost - A bit edgy, a bit tryhard, and rather cringe overall.
6. Jay Fung - Lounge style R&B rather than the smooth sound that I particularly enjoy. Bored.
7. Purple Disco Machine - Hypnotised still outsells in terms of how commercial sounding it was, considering its success in Europe. However, I admit that I find this particular song to be quite strong as well, nice retro style without conceding too much to the trendy tropes. Good pick.
8. Sam Ryder - Space Man was brilliant for its bombastic chorus. This entry does not really have that, but it's still a decent pop record, not a bad listen by any means!
9. Nattalie Blake - Please...it is a bit too tame to reach the iconic level of Ayesha Erotica but I can definitely appreciate the effort.
10. Lolo Zouai - Not a fan of this particular dark style combined with the rather generic pop tripe. Doesn't work at all, sorry.
11. Eyedi - Overly authentic 80s sound at times, but as a whole the song is so damn charming. Brilliant guitar riff.
12. NOTD, Kenzie - Yeah, NOTD has had much better in the past. This is just very pedestrian by comparison to his older dance tunes.
13. Sira - Not the easiest of listens, this really just didn't do it for me.
14. Caterina Pereira - Isn't this an NF reject from early 2010s lmao. What in the world is this doing here, this is aged pretty damn badly.
15. Chappell Roan - It's no Pink Pony Club, but it's still a solid effort from her. Lovely synth.
16. chuala - Disjointed, rather unpleasant and just not very good I'm afraid.
17. Dami Im - She hasn't really had anything good since 2017. This doesn't change that trajectory, just a forgettable basic song that doesn't really go anywhere.
18. Khalid - Out of all Khalid songs...I don't think this is anywhere near his best. Very cookie cutter disco beat, I guess as a whole it's still OK.
19. Nana M. Rose - Another one that has the elements of a good song, but just doesn't deliver it for the whole product. Eh.
20. NAVA - The chorus ruins a potentially good song, a very lazy and uninspired production. Such a shame.
21. Shamir - Slightly messy and jarring production, but I have to admit that I find the song to be quite good. Definitely one of the better entries this week.
22. Mysie - A bit too plodding for its own good. Not particularly entertained.
23. KeiiNo - Not this Spirt Of The Sky version...this is probably one of the worst attempts on what they have been doing. Bad song, the disco beat feels like an insult to injury that is this whole product.
24. Shay - This will never be my style of music I'm afraid. Sorry.
25. Chilli Beans. - Another with the slightly retro disco beat, although here it's much slicker and executed so much better than with previous entries. Good song!
26. Sabrina Claudio - Her music for some reason just hasn't done the job for me, and this does not change it. Just not pushing the boundaries enough to get it over the line.
27. Eli Hsieh - Quite dull really. Not going to return to this.
28. Daphne Willis - What is this LMAO. This just feels very...Well I don't even know what to say, but nothing really positive comes to my mind.
711 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Ylona Garcia - Oh I'm living for this. I was expecting some generic nonsense and TBH it definitely is, but I'm enjoying it. In retrospect the verses are nothing special but the chorus is a fun burst of energy. The production is a bit janky but I think that's part of the appeal. It builds well throughout.
02) CHELJI - The lyrics are a bit shit, and I hate their voice. In fact the whole thing really confused me. Not a fan.
03) Telenova - Alisa Xayalith and Sarah Kinsley have done irreparable damage to the TSC community. They RUINED this contest!! Thankfully this outsells those two miserable wenches but I'm getting real tired of this type of sound winning every other week. Fortunately for Telenova this is one of the better executions of that sound I've heard. This is so dreamy and ethereal. The instrumentation is simply gorgeous. I hate this so much but it's so good.
04) Lynnea M - Yesssssss at the lack of budget. I wish the song had a stronger melody or hook but it's charming.
05) Cody Frost - The first verse was pretty good, but the chorus felt extremely random and unappealing. In fact the songs structure is extremely odd. The chorus might be bad, but I'm living for the screamo instrumental bridge. My thoughts for this are all over the place much like the song.
06) Jay Fung - This is very sweet. A pleasant listen. I have nothing more to add.
07) Purple Disco Machine, Sophie and The Giants - The thumbnail is giving Dr. Peacock. To me this is a classic case of style over substance. I I SHOULD be living for this, but it's just not hitting at all. It's extremely well-produced but the song itself feels flat. The chorus in particular is limp as hell. I didn't feel a single thing while listening to this. I wasn't even irritated. I felt nothing. I wasn't a fan of their winning song either so I think that's just a sign of me moving away from this type of dance music in general. It just doesn't do anything for me anymore.
08) Sam Ryder - OK I'll admit Space Man wasn't one of my favourite songs but y'all know I lived for Tiny Riot LMAO. This is good. Very cheerful and uplifting. I love how it showcased Sam's vocal too. Enjoyable.
09) Nattalie Blake - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This is so catchy, and so much fun. It got stuck in my head so fast. It's such an earworm. I lived for every second.
10) Lolo Zouaï - Not as good as Ride, but there's definitely something here worth listening to. Some of the production choices are a little odd, but I LOVE the chorus. It's so smooth, and just haunting enough. I really liked this.
11) Eyedi - The bisexual split screen was a jump scare. I actually don't care for this. Just not my cup of tea.
12) NOTD, kenzie - Oh I love NOTD all their songs LITERALLY sound identical it's so funny. They simply don't have the range. This could have been a lot worse but the chorus is catchy in the most irritating way possible. It's giving The Chainsmokers or Zedd in that regard.
13) Sira x KazOnDaBeat - I'm living for the recent wave of German music in TSC. This is very good. The German national final for HSC 3 is about to be STACKED!!
14) Catarina Pereira - LMAO I lived for this bop in 2010 and I mean I definitely still do, but it's not going to crack my points this week. I hope you understand.
15) Chappell Roan - I'm not going to lie I didn't realize she had more than one song. Perhaps she should have reconsidered making more music because this is giving me nothing! The verses are such a slog. The chorus is fine, but I don't like it enough to resurrect the song.
16) chuala - OK I wanted to love this but I couldn't get into it at all. I love the aesthetic and there are definitely some interesting production choices that I want to award, but the package felt like a disjointed mess. I wish the *song* was better.
17) Dami Im - Well... alright then. I won't lie this gave me nothing. At least the song title made me laugh.
18) Khalid - Seeing Khalid in this lineup is throwing me off because he definitely gives BETA. I don't listen to him much but I assume I would really enjoy his discography. Especially based on this. I love his voice, and the song is smooth as fuck. The chorus is really fun and cheerful. I loved this.
19) Nana M. Rose - I'm torn on her vocal but I think I like it. I can't really tell what the fuck she's singing! But the chorus is actually stunning. Pleasant listen all things considered.
20) NAVA - Oh this is giving Destination Harmonie BLACKLIST with Mauvais Oeil and Louane. She isn't seeing the light of HSC I promise you THAT!!
21) Shamir - Oh I love this wall of noise. There's something about this that sent a shiver down my spine in the best way imaginable. I'm levitating. Wow. Astounding.
22) Mysie - The instrumental plods along really nicely. The chorus is lovely. I do think the song is missing a *moment*, but there's nothing about this I disliked.
23) KEiiNO - Aren't we all over Keiino at this point? This might legitimately be their worst song LMAO. It felt like a parody. Very Eurovision fire saga shit or whatever.
24) Shay - MY BELGIAN MOTHER!!! I heard this the other week. I didn't even notice this in the lineup but I am living all over again. I love the aesthetics, and the song is so riveting. Thank you!!
25) Chilli Beans. - The thumbnail font made me think this was going to be really good. I don't dislike it. I appreciate the instrumentation. But that sums up my thoughts toward it. I appreciate this a lot more than I actually like it.
26) Sabrina Claudio - Oh these visuals are EXPENSIVE. She had the BUDGET. Racism sells I guess. As far as the song goes, I get the same vibes as I did from Lolo Zouai: so-so verses, but stunning chorus. It's good, but not one of my favourites from this week.
27) Eli Hsieh - The first 30 seconds were the best 30 seconds of my life. The rest of the song is perhaps a bit too stripped back for my liking, but there are things about it that make it pop. The vocal flourishes during the chorus are great. For a song that was five minutes long this didn't feel like it dragged at all. Enjoyable.
28) Daphne Willis - She looks like she's about to ask Trump who's going to clean his toilet if he kicks out all the Latinos from the country. I mean... I have no words.
711 days 12 hours ago
ganghandedcat
01 : Ylona Garcia - Entertain Me : Yawn. I forgot this was eligible to be honest. A sla- no I didn't say that this is actually very boring and contrived and not in a good way like my Ylona Garcia entry was. It's just middle of the road, nothing memorable here. Would I switch the channel on the radio? No. But this is not a radio.
02 : CHELJI - 23 : These lyrics are horrible so I don't know why she made a lyric video. Good for her. Song, horrible.
03 : Telenova - Bones : I feel like I know them but I can't quite place my finger on it. The visual treatment here is really helping to uplift this song,,, I do move.
04 : Lynnea M - Another Hit Of You : Ah, so this is this week's TSC entry that isn't produced well enough. It's fine. But, bleh.
05 : Cody Frost - DWYSSWM (Don't Worry Your Secret's Safe With Me) : I have found out that this singer is a The Voice (Brooke Scullion TM) alumni. This is another yawn this week. God is this week borin' so far. This is trying to be epic but it just isn't.
06 : Jay Fung - Sweeetly : Oh is this a good song, proper QUALITY right here. This is how you do it! Is it one note? Yes. But I feel relaxed. I love these sweet lullabies.
07 : Disco Machine, Sophie and The Giants - In The Dark : I just don't like her voice at all in any of the songs we've had from them. Grating.
08 : Sam Ryder - More : The definition of middle of the road. Let's not pretend Space Man was so great that he had to make an appearance in a non-ESC week. Yawn.
09 : Nattalie Blake - What the girlies lack : YAAAAAAAAS. Not the far right party in the video. NOT NICOLA STURGEON. The song isn't that good to be honest but it's a moment.
10 : Lolo Zouaï - Give Me A Kiss : Oh I heard this on release day. It didn't leave much of an impression on me. This is one note but it's also quite nice, I love the other voice on here (the one that's not Lolo's). Sultry.
11 : Eyedi - & New : I wish this was better. I would have liked this in a different key.
12 : NOTD, kenzie - Worst Thing : Oh this is really horrible. Not my thing at all. Her voice is fine but wasted on this track. These lyrics as well.
13 : Sira x KazOnDaBeat - ZEHN LINIEN : I feel like I recognise her name. From the first note this does sound like the winner of the week. It kind of... didn't go anywhere? But it's still a very solid track. Nice!
14 : Catarina Pereira - Canta Por Mim : Oh stop. This is kind of camp. The perfect sound of late 00s to early 10s pop. How did this not win the Eurovision NF? Where are the visuals though.
15 : Chappell Roan - My Kink is Karma : I heard the studio cut of this. Hadn't seen the video. This is easily better than Pink Pony Club, but that wasn't bad. But the only real moment in this is the chorus. It's not surprising but like... I want more.
16 : chuala - FMR : chuala was a LP classic!!! This is so good.. I feel so itsy and prretty....
17 : Dami Im - Lonely Cactus : YASSSS it's so bad I'm obsessed with this. This is my favourite. So good.
18 : Khalid - Skyline : I'm really unfamiliar with Khalid's work to be honest. I quite liked this until the chorus! Which isn't a good thing. I like the wind instrument synthed up. The end is kinda gorge actually.. Maybe I switched
19 : Nana M. Rose - 4 AM : I really didn't know what to expect based off of the thumbnail. It most certainly was not a track as gorgeous as this. I guess this is up for the winner contention as well? Wait maybe I switched I'm not sure how I feel about this going into the second verse. This kind of lacked a moment actually. I still respect this very much though!
20 : NAVA - Tic Tac :  I thought this was a different NAVA at first. This is boring. But bless the attempt.
21 : Shamir - Gay Agenda : This wasn't the right Shamir send. Regardless, this is still good. The instrumental is better than the mixing on the vocal. Hard to place this.
22 : Mysie - gin + juice : I was never much of a Mysie truther. This feels like the most... generic.. track from her that I've heard? This is a nice listen that I wouldn't turn off the radio but I'm not seeking this out on a spotify hunt.
23 : KEiiNO - Mother Of The Night : I'll be honest my first thought was Estonian songstress Elly Duhé Middle of the Night piece. This is bad. Too musical theater without the musical or theater for me. Yawn. I'm past the need for this.
24 : Shay - DA : wow! I knew her a few years ago. This is a very strong track, I do shake to this and ANYTHING will sound good after KEiiNO.
25 : Chilli Beans. - Tremolo : Oh this is just lovely isn't it. The perfect r&b and good vibes. I wish there was something MORE to this but I still really enjoy this, it makes me smile and that is a hard feat.
26 : Sabrina Claudio - Put On Repeat : I had no idea what to expect here. This started off very sensually, but it turned a little too much into a backstreet cabaret real quick. I like it! I just don't know if it'll show up in my ballot. I wouldn't switch the channel.
27 : Eli Hsieh - Alice, Where Are We Going? : That intro was a TWELVE, a TWENTY FOUR, a FORTY EIGHT.... WTF???  I almost feel let down  by Eli Hsieh after giving me THAT intro to this. I think I wouldn't be as angry if there wasn't such a fast change. Otherwise this is something I would eat right UP. Ok it did get better as we went alogn!! Wow. Thank god.
28 : Daphne Willis - Do It Like This : How on earth is THIS our closer? Actually her bars aren't that bad from the get go but this whole package is hilariously camp. "In 2015, Willis signed a publishing deal with Sony ATV. In the fall of 2015, she released an EP, Get It, featuring the hit single Done With Being Done, co-written with Meghan Trainor." I KNEW Meghan Trainor would be behind this this smells of her work.
711 days 9 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
hiya!
711 days 9 hours ago
turkeylover
boooo
711 days 9 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
who wants a WHO'S WHO?
711 days 9 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
oh well

Who's Who
1001games - Daphne Willis
AlanDuncan - Catarina Pereira
Catch_a_falling_star - Lynnea M
chris2pei - KEiiNO
Christian_ - Dami Im
connorthomson - Cody Frost
dragotistic - Telenova
FromAWindow - Sabrina Claudio
ganghandedcat - Shay
hellocat - Chappell Roan
ianfitz0012 - Khalid
ilovetosing - Eli Hsieh
J2999 - NOTD, kenzie
LornaHollas - Nattalie Blake
MISSimogen - Nana M. Rose
nateclove - Sira x KazOnDaBeat
NicoleF - Jay Fung
Patrick319 - Shamir
PennyTrationStan - Ylona Garcia
QueenMichelle - Mysie
ricktworick1 - Eyedi
ryan5676 - Sam Ryder
SeaViper - CHELJI
selisic - NAVA
tbrown_47 - Chilli Beans.
TolisKalkas - Purple Disco Machine, Sophie and The Giants
turkeylover - chuala
uwukween - Lolo Zouaï
711 days 9 hours ago
nateclove
claps
711 days 9 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
ONLY ONE PERSON (chris2pei) DID NOT. IN FACT. vote. so their entry (KEiiNO) will be penalized!

we also have three jurors this week! give it up for seasoned veterans ALEXEH23 and DARBE and newcomer MISTERPOTATO111!!! WOW!!!

results will be revealed from LAST PLACING ENTRY to FIRST PLACING ENTRY.
711 days 9 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
ok let's get this over with i have stuff to do

https://i.ibb.co/PhTM644/Cool-Text-28th-Place-KEii-NO-chris2pei-411429501930903.gif

AlanDuncan        12        [REMOVED]
LornaHollas        10        [REMOVED]
J2999        8        [REMOVED]
connorthomson        6
Christian_        2

28th Place - chris2pei - KEiiNO
711 days 9 hours ago
turkeylover
deserved
711 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Thank god
711 days 9 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
https://i.ibb.co/RDrwkHq/Cool-Text-27th-Place-CHELJI-Sea-Viper-411431565462448.gif

1001games        10

27th Place - SeaViper - CHELJI
28th Place - chris2pei - KEiiNO

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!