This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 454 Final

Topic » TSC 454 Final

979 days 21 hours ago
dragotistic
got busy this week sorry for the shorter comments

also go chiefs!

01) KAYTRANADA - Not as impactful as The Worst in Me but this is still pretty chill. I did get a little bored near the end.
02) Fauness - Kinda wigged me? Everything about this worked for me. Wonderful.
03) Jae Stephens - This is the type of song that can drag on because of tempo and vibe. I wish I liked this more.
04) STAYC - Yeah I did not enjoy this. Felt like computer music with a bit of generic pop.
05) AURORA - I used to like this song a lot but the chorus is so jarring that I can’t really get behind it.
06) RINI - This is similar to Jae in the way it drags for me. The vocals were great but I was left bored.
07) MARINA - Kinda the pinnacle of music right here. Just wonderful. Serving 80s The Cure kinda.
08) Imagine Dragons - The chorus was good, but the song overall just wasn’t it for me. Might slip in to my low points. Maybe.
09) Eli Hsieh - Talk about snatching wigs. This built so well! A really pleasant surprise this week.
10) Orchid - This is pretty great. I really liked this.
11) Becky Hill - This is so 2016 it HURTS. I didn’t like this, sorry
12) Bowski Island - This song is too good for TSC. Kinda excellence served on a silver platter.
13) Denise Chaila - Anseo outsold. I was bored.
14) Morgan St. Jean - This is the type of indie pop that I enjoy. Very Molly Kate Kestner
15) f(x) - This was pretty bad I can’t lie.
16) Ado - If God is real then this will win TSC this week.
17) Josh Levi - I take it back, if God is real then THIS will win TSC this week.
18) Tkay Maidza - This is such TSC Winner bait I’m kinda tempted to 0. But alas, I can’t make the music not bop. Grats on your runaway win.
19) AJR - LOL
20) Tiësto & Karol G - This is similar to Becky Hill that this song sounds very outdated. Maybe 2019 for this one. Not a big fan.
21) JONES - Not me considering sending this bop in the coming weeks and then it showing up this week. I’m hurt but this song is making my pain go away :’)
22) Aidan Martin - This isn’t awful. Not the best thing I’ve heard this week but I do enjoy it.
23) Mariah the Scientist - Oh yes. This is nice. Definitely a solid choice this week.
24) BLACKSTARKIDS - What in the BROCKHAMPTON is this. It’s not awful but like, be a little more original.
25) ABBA - YASSSSSSSSS
26) Family of the Year - I’m not moving at all. Sorry friend.
979 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
979 days 20 hours ago
LoveMeLoveMe
01) KAYTRANADA
So classic. Not bad but it just not cup of my tea lowkey boring
02) Fauness
Actually this is not bad low budget mv yeah just not sure about the song kinda 50/50 with this one.
03) Jae Stephens
This is good tho i like it.
04) STAYC
Not a fans i dont like it this is so annoying.
05) AURORA
Love this tho when i first heard this then it getting really fast.
06) RINI
So chill not type of song i would listen but for this tsc i will give it pass
07) MARINA
I love Marina this is reminds off electra heart and this is good but idk i enjoy venus trap idk what's the songs names lol
08) Imagine Dragons
The only song i that I liked from them is Kingdom's come and Radioactive. This is meh compare to both that song.
09) Eli Hsieh
I wish the song is only piano and orchestra, Guitar ruined the song for me.
10) Orchid
Promises at first then went downhills
11) Becky Hill
Nice vocal nice verse the drop just bad.
12) Bowski Island
13) Denise Chaila
Kinda out of place rap kinda like reading but there's something I like but idk what.
14) Morgan St. Jean
Love her voice the song is not bad tho.
15) f(x)
The only girl group that but have yet to get a comeback since this song wasn't? And I don't like the song.
16) Ado
This is bop
17) Josh Levi
This is kinda boring.
18) Tkay Maidza
The singig part is meehhhh the rap part is litttttt
19) AJR
No just No not a fans
20) Tiësto & Karol G
Tiësto always made a song with same beat....
21) JONES
This one is boring almost falling asleep
22) Aidan Martin
Good ballad nice vocal probably will get top 1
23) Mariah the Scientist
Nice Mv but the song is meh
24) BLACKSTARKIDS
Nah not cup of my tea this just annoying.
25) ABBA
Too old for me and not suitable for tsc idk if this will doing wll or not.
26) Family of the Year
God this is so boringgff
979 days 20 hours ago
ganghandedcat
12) Bowski Island
979 days 20 hours ago
Patrick319
Voting deadline extended until 3 PM EST, but results should begin normally as scheduled.
979 days 20 hours ago
SomebodyAwesome
1. Kaytranada - Smash. I've actually been listening to Kali Uchis a lot lately, I love her style and her and Kaytranada are such a natural fit together.
2. Fauness - the production ate, and she's cute as well, love her voice. This gives me Grimes vibes although maybe it's just me.
3. Jae Stephens - oh I really loved this, that humming sound in the beat was really infectious and really elevated the song for me.
4. STAYC - ASAP! I read through a few critiques and they have everyone mad omg, STAYC GIRLS, IT'S GOING DOWN!
5 - Aurora - this took a fun turn! she's very cute I'm into it.
6. RINI - like this, but not madly in love with it.
7. Marina - I feel like new Marina gets a lot of flack after Love + Fear and I haven't seen her new album received that well either, and while it's no Electra Heart it's still fun! I do prefer Man's World to this tho.
8. Imagine Dragons - teetered the line between decent and boring.
9. Eli Hsieh - I always fall asleep during these long drawn out Asian ballads, sorry :(
10. Orchid - oh my god?? this was so good!! I was hooked in from the very beginning, I'm kinda gagged.
11. Becky Hill - like it was good, but I was bored.
12. Bowski Island - feel like this was too artistic for me, I just do not have the intellectual capacity to appreciate this.
13. Denise Chaila - yas girl make sure they pronounce your name correctly.
14. Morgan St. Jean - I do not like the verses, but wow that chorus/post-chorus were so good, I'm cackling @ the bitch named Lola part.
15. f(x) - how has this not been submitted already? literally the best song of our generation. I got into this song before I got into kpop itself, just so so amazing and entrancing and deep house perfection. like the reason I fell in love with kpop is cuz of the production and this is a perfect example of that. Also I'm very biased cuz I am a MeU
16. Ado - when I saw an anime song I took a sigh cuz I don't really enjoy anime music, but this was super fun! definitely subverted my expectations.
17. Josh Levi - the chorus was my favourite part, especially the use of repetition.
18. Tkay Maidza - WOOOOOOO loved this, give it up for Tkay Maidza everyone!
19. AJR - LOL this is not what I was expecting, this is interesting. like I don't know how to feel about it honestly, I think I'd have to listen a few more times to get a better idea.
20. Tiesto & Karol G - honestly Karol G is great, I'm obsessed with Tusa I've been meaning to explore her other stuff.
21. JONES - the song kind of took a turn for the basic when that chorus hit, but I like her voice!
22. Aidan Martin - nice voice but I'm bored.
23. Mariah the Scientist - this was pretty underwhelming, the song and her voice.
24. BLACKSTARKIDS - kind of a catchy bop.
25. ABBA - this is nice, thank you ABBA.
26. Family of the Year - ........anyways.
979 days 20 hours ago
Saftronbtr999
i shouldve came back this week the best kpop song is here, GO STAYC
https://c.tenor.com/ob-GOXazXQMAAAAd/dojauchistwt-stayc.gif
979 days 20 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
DAD
979 days 20 hours ago
jacksonjoseph99
Fine. I accidentally deleted my comment sticky with 23 comments written so I am not doing stoplight rankings tonight, sorry besties... simply a YAY, MAY or NAY with a few short words because I know we are pressed for time!

01) KAYTRANADA -- MAY! I love Kaytranda, he's one of my favorite producers. But I kinda get bored of this really easily.

02) Fauness -- YAY! Nose pincher realness. Catchy melody, cute production. A fun listen!

03) Jae Stephens -- YAY! I'm not judging a book by its cover anymore. Thought I qwould hate this, but the chorus is incredible & I find it catchy.

04) STAYC -- YAY! This was so cute and people are so negative for hating on this beautiful garbage. It's repetitive fun!

05) AURORA -- MAY! The bridge/outro/last minute are all awesome. That chorus is absolutely horrific.

06) RINI -- YAY! This is very pretty and very much pandering to me. I love that! Wale's verse saves this from dipping the toe into boring territory.

07) MARINA -- NAY! I can't take this girl seriously anymore. Her lyrics make me cringe and I just found this entry very forgettable.

08) Imagine Dragons -- MAY! Once an Imagine Dragons stan, not always an Imagine Dragons stan. I think I find his voice annoying now and unlike a lot of other people, I hated the chorus but enjoyed the verses.

09) Eli Hsieh -- NAY! I appreciate that this was a journey, I just was not buckled in tight enough for what this became. He's talented but this was just annoying for me.

10) Orchid -- NAY! I thought I was going to like it, but it sorta just dragged on & I don't care for the vocals/melody/really any part of this. Expected to like this way more!

11) Becky Hill -- MAY! This is just super dated. It's something I would have bopped to half a decade ago, and I don't hate the drop, but I'm just over hearing the same song every week.

12) Bowski Island -- MAY! I love his voice a lot. The melody/lyrics kinda hit, too! The production is honestly super distracting, though.

13) Denise Chaila -- YAY! This is not a song, this is a poem. That being said, this is still so fun. Yes girl, give us nothing!!! Just kidding, though, she gives us a pretty iconic flow.

14) Morgan St. Jean -- MAY! I can't believe people are stanning this? Lmao, annoying voice, boring melody, just not an interesting entry at all. It isn't offensively bad, but I don't get the point in like loving this other than the kinda iconic post-chorus... But, still pretty meh overall.

15) f(x) -- YAY! Sorry, this is so vibe-y. I love the production & the singing/rap verses are all great. I don't know when this was released, but it does sound super dated – but kind of in a camp way...?

16) Ado -- NAY! Noise to be noise. Catchy enough, but more annoying than anything :/

17) Josh Levi -- YAY! Hi, Darbe! I was gonna submit a fellow iconic robbed X Factor singer, Diamond White. Honestly, I was sold on this song from the start, I love his voice. I find the chorus really annoying (FASTER! FASTER! FASTER! FASTER! like shut up) but while I don't think this is a masterpiece, this is still an enjoyable listener.

18) Tkay Maidza -- YAY! Honestly, if I knew this song was eligible, I would have submitted it despite not listening to it for a few weeks... I'm kind of glad I didn't? The production IS that bitch, there is no debating that, but IDK if I overplayed it or not, it just isn't hitting the way it used to for me. But, don't be mistaken, I still love this song.

19) AJR -- This song started with "I keep losing my socks, where the Hell do they go?", I'm not elaborating

20) Tiësto & Karol G -- NAY! LOL I forgot that every Tiesto song sounds the exact same... but I liked a lot of his other stuff more than this! It's not like HORRIFIC but I just don't care about this & it sounds like a lesser Becky Hill entry.

21) JONES -- MAY! This is fine, I actually like the weird/quirky production a lot & it picks up decently in the chorus. I just find the lyrics sort of weird and pretty basic all throughout. 

22) Aidan Martin -- MAY! THIS IS A SAFE SPACE FOR X FACTOR US CONTESTANTS ONLY. I don't really care for his voice & I only really like ballads if they BRING IT in the chorus. He's talented, the melody isn't the weakest in the world, but I didn't feel like anything was brought, even at the end.

23) Mariah the Scientist -- NAY! The intro of this made me lonely & the song itself made me feel like a demon was punishing me for a sin in my past life. Her voice is SO not for me lol, sorry

24) BLACKSTARKIDS -- YAY! This is objectively not a great song, but I will almost always enjoy when rap is submitted! The bars honestly aren't bad, their flow is decent, and I kinda like the 2000s-ish sound to it? I wish the production wasn't annoying, but we can't always get what we want

25) ABBA -- YAY! LOL if I was one of those people that stanned songs for the lolz, this would be an instant 12. This production is so bad....... but the chorus kinda slays? I mean, it stands out, at least, but yeah it's pretty bad. I just love the chorus randomly?? Omg that second chorus... wait guys I have bad news I actually like this, sorry

26) Family of the Year - YAY! That Adam Melchor looks familiar... So basic, but so sweet. Just a really, really pleasant listening experience and I enjoyed that this kinda washed away some of the terrible entries. Another pandering-to-Jackson entry, I appreciate it!
979 days 19 hours ago
Patrick319
hi
979 days 19 hours ago
dragotistic
hi
979 days 19 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
bored
979 days 19 hours ago
J2999
PennyTrationStan
bored
979 days 19 hours ago
Darbe
someone give me an entry for next week. mails are open.
979 days 19 hours ago
Patrick319
Who's Who

1001games - Family of the Year
Alexeh23 - MARINA
Catch_a_falling_star - Fauness
Darbe - Tkay Maidza
dragotistic - Bowski Island
Eoin - Denise Chaila
Fritzyyyyy - JONES
ganghandedcat - Ado
hellomynameis347 - AURORA
ianfitz0012 - Tiësto & Karol G
ilovetosing - Eli Hsieh
ItsAlexia - AJR
J2999 - Imagine Dragons
jacksonjoseph99 - Jae Stephens
Lemjam6 - Becky Hill
LoveMeLoveMe - Morgan St. Jean
MISSimogen - Orchid
Patrick319 - Josh Levi
PennyTrationStan - Mariah the Scientist
QueenMichelle - RINI
RedFabFoxy - f(x)
ricktworick1 - KAYTRANADA
ryan5676 - ABBA
SomebodyAwesome - STAYC
Talian - Aidan Martin
turkeylover - BLACKSTARKIDS

Predictions?

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!