This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 448 Final

Topic » TSC 448 Final

1011 days 10 hours ago
varlto
01) Raja Kumari: absolutely *not*.  what was this trying to DO?!!?!?!?!!? im very MAD!!
02) Ryland James: i was hoping to recover from the last song!!! AND I THINK IM DOING WORSE NOW1!!! I HATE TSCERS!!
03) Samia: oh this was gorg etc etc very beautiful yeeyeyepyeyp
04) Ballyhoo!: read song number 1..
05) Bella Poarch: i refuse
06) Maisie Peters: ok so her last song was AMAZING i cant lie but i cant say i dislike this either... its fine.
07) Joker's Belief: where did that woman come from- i fear this is not fully for me. i appreciate the effort i do i do but... not for me as i said!!!!!
08) Natalia Podolskaya: i love me a good witch... i loooved this at first but then it kinda started losing its essence. its still fine though!
09) Thandi Phoenix: the first beat i was in love then she opened her mouth and i hated it. im not the biggest fan of her voice really! oh wait the ending was kinda good though... hm. conflicted.
10) Duckwrth: im in *LOOOOOVE* you dont get it his voice? its amazing it IS this has immaculate vibes its perfectly produced and the way it flows is AMAZENNNNNNN
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88: ive said a lot of times that these kind of songs never seem to get me. idk.
12) Sedona: oh? i really like this too!! her vibes are super cute idk i like it. so chill!
13) LATASHÁ: i see 3 intellectuals thought the exact same thing this week... anyways... this bops. im amazed. this is being PLAYLISTED!
14) Yola: ok yes... her voices amazing... but the song doesnt do it for me!! she has the potential though!!
15) LVL1: this is GROUNDBREAKENNNNN im in LOVE!!! YES!!! i did say this three times this week already but its TRUE!!! i just fall in love so easily you get it
16) Rakel Bronze: im emotionally ATTACHED to this song i just think its *amazing* like UGH!!! what a BOWP!! and that weird DROP!?!?!?!!?!? so GOODODODO
17) Lee Suhyun: this is very c*te. nothing amazing but i appreciate ti??
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb: im so SORRY but this is bad. maybe in 2015?
19) VÉRITÉ: this is ok i rlly dont have much to say about this...!!! idk!!! c*te!!
20) Lindsey Stirling: zZzZzZZzZzzzzzzzZzZzZzZzZzZZZZZZZZZZzZzZzZZzZzzzzzzzZzZzZzZzZzZZZZZZZZZZzZzZzZZzZzzzzzzzZzZzZzZzZzZZZZZZZZZZzZzZzZZzZzzzzzzzZzZzZzZzZzZZZZZZZZZZzZzZzZZzZzzzzzzzZzZzZzZzZzZZZZZZZZZZ
21) Topaz Jones: im in LOOOOOOOOOWVVVVV (x4) im so tired of repeating my ocmments but what can i say when people SERVE!! yes YES YES!!
22) Karol Conka: dont get me wrong i stan this problematic queen but i cant lie to myself and say i like this... cause i dont......
23) Rachel Chinouriri: im so SO close to playlist this but i think i just can't! bop still though
24) City Girls: no. im sorry!!!!!
1011 days 9 hours ago
Darbe
01) Raja Kumari - I’m not the demographic for cheap trashy pop. I don’t really have much else to say.
02) Ryland James - This is pleasant. Not blown away by ANY means but it sounds like decent background music when I’m feeling chill and relaxed.
03) Samia - I like the 90s indie flavour this track has. It builds nicely and feels lowkey emotional. Good effort.
04) Ballyhoo! - It’s what I’d expect to hear if Brendon Urie went to Benidorm and made a song in an attempt to please the locals.
05) Bella Poarch - This reminds me of an average attempt at a Melanie Martinez song. It’s okay I guess but this sound has been executed way better and it’s getting tired.
06) Maisie Peters - I’ll be queasy if this somehow gets a higher placement than John Hughes Movie did. Definitely not on par with that song, but this is a competent catchy effort in a week stacked with non-competitive songs so I would not be surprised to see it happen.
07) Joker’s Belief - The female ghost made me laugh but the song I didn’t really get any enjoyment out of unfortunately.
08) Natalia Podolskaya - I’m still not the demographic for cheap trashy pop. There was potential but it fell flat. 
09) Thandi Phoenix - Not my sort of music but this is actually not bad. Has some techno production which I can appreciate and I liked the rap part.
10) Duckwrth - I really want to love this but the production (esp in the verses) is awkward on my ears. There are good aspects and it’s a style of music I enjoy so that puts it ahead of the majority this week, so congrats on that, but this could’ve been executed better.
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - This was pleasant. Lowkey and felt like cheesy elevator music at times, but it had a nice vibe to it.
12) Sedona - I obviously love an 80s retro moment, but this feels more dated than retro to me. It sounds like it belongs on Madonna’s debut, when I would’ve preferred if it sounded like it was from COAD. I guess it’s cute though.
13) LATASHÁ - I kinda liked the melody in the chorus, but I thought it flowed awkwardly between verses and chorus. This was fine though, I’ll take it I guess.
14) Yola - Gorgeous vocalist but the song is only okay. It’s pleasant and there are nice touches, but it never elevates fully enough for me. It’s fine.
15) LVL1 - I won’t call it cheap trashy pop because the production I quite like, but the song itself is still too trashy and comedy focused for me to enjoy it.
16) Rakel Bronze - On the other hand, this is not necessarily trashy but it’s definitely cheap. A musical disaster but it’s ironically funny I suppose so i *get* why other people would get some enjoyment out of it, even if I’m personally not getting any.
17) Lee Suhyun - I like the disco vibes in the production but the chorus is too glitchy sounding in the vocals. Quite a lifeless song but I suppose I’ll take it on a week like this.
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb - This is a standard EDM track but it’s actually executed pleasantly so I quite like it. The production is the best aspect so grats Seeb once again. Decent!
19) VÉRITÉ - It does sound very Discover Weekly. I like the bassline here but the song ultimately just feels like a mediocre pop effort unfortunately.
20) Lindsey Stirling - This reminds me of if Alan Walker made a song with violins. That’s not as big of an insult coming from me as it would be from others here, but yeah the song itself isn’t doing a great deal for me. It’s not the horror some others are going to make it out to be though, it’s fine and that’s all.
21) Topaz Jones - Finally. Now THIS is how you do it. He sounds great and the production is really groovy and lush! Period.
22) Karol Conka - I’m STILL not the demographic for cheap trashy pop and this is actually the worst execution of that genre this contest. Quite horrid.
23) Rachel Chinouriri - It’s a pretty song but also quite boring. I can live with this.
24) City Girls - Why do the intro/outro sound like My Hump? Anyway, this is too trashy for me to enjoy. Could’ve been worse but I’m not impressed.
1011 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Raja Kumari - https://i.gyazo.com/976b3b9d81a6df19cf2d1ac7ceab5674.png This is undoubtedly the worst thing by Raja that's been sent here, unfortunately. I still move to it (specifically the chorus, I can't help myself), but she sounds baaaaaaaaad on this. Surely not the worst thing I'm going to hear in this contest, but I had higher hopes for her.
02) Ryland James - Absolute background music. Could not even care about the lyrical content because I was b o r e d. Nice voice though.
03) Samia - If you would have told me about 10 minutes ago that I'd rather be listening to Raja Kumari's track than the next two entries, I would have stopped listening then. I do like that it wasn't as ballady as the beginning, but ultimately, this just isn't for me.
04) Ballyhoo! - An entire mood. A bad one, but a mood nonetheless. "who needs ballyhoo when you can have bettywho?" - Darbe, 2021.
05) Bella Poarch - Did not think Build A Bitch by Bella Poarch would be a highlight, but here we are. It's been done infinitely better and it's not even particularly a style I'm drawn to, but I didn't *hate* it.
06) Maisie Peters - Easily the most competent thing thus far. Decent all around -- nothing about it really excites me, but an easy listen.
07) Joker's Belief - This was the perfect mix of depression and comedy. I'm certain that was by design. Some people shield their depression with a twisted sense of humor. Very big brained entry that normies won't get.

Anyway, this was vile. Was just shielding my depression with humor :)
08) Natalia Podolskaya - I both thought and hoped that this was finally going to be our puss popper, but we're still waiting for that. More understated than I thought it was going to be, but still probably the only song genre-wise thus far that I'd return to.
09) Thandi Phoenix - This is giving me major LION BABE vibes which is a total compliment. Congratulations, the first song of the week I'm totally on board with.
10) Duckwrth - Love this king. There's a few songs on SuperGood that I would have hit up before going to his back-catalog, but this is dope too.
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - Kinda pleasant a groovy, but also a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too subtle to really hit home for me. Also felt much longer than it was.
12) Sedona - This feels more like genuine 80's than an 80's tribute updated for today, if you know what I mean. It definitely feels more authentic to the times, which I respect in a way, but also acknowledge that production is just so much more slick and better today. I mostly like it, though. 
13) LATASHÁ - Winner of intros week. Thank god, a PUSS POPPER. I was gonna say good dancehall track, but isn't it all? The chorus is so addictive even on first listen.
14) Yola - Voice is a yes. Song is where it kinda loses me. The production in the verses is kinda a vibe, but it never really goes anywhere. Eh.
15) LVL1 - I'm almost certain Azealia Banks has done a song with this backing track, lmfao. Hot mess express, but in a good way.
16) Rakel Bronze - My brain is telling me that this song is hideous, and maybe it is, but it had me in some sort of weird trance where I couldn't be drawn away from it.
17) Lee Suhyun - I don't really like the vocal effect on the AAAAA-AAAAAAA bits, something about it just isn't doing it for me. Feels a bit half baked as a whole, but listenable.
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb - I do like a chopped up Seeb drop and the vocal is inoffensive, but I'm just having trouble connecting with it.
19) VÉRITÉ - It's the way that VÉRITÉ is still making TSC appearances after making no impact with any entry (shading myself too, I've sent her before). <3 Kinda standard for her in the way that it's fine/unimpactful pop music. 
20) Lindsey Stirling - A true contender in Tengaged Violin Contest. Not that I was particularly excited to hear a middling feature on a Lindsey Stirling track again, but I do not come to TSC for violin instrumental tracks, no matter how talented Ms. Stirling is at it.
21) Topaz Jones - Oh, I fucking love this, but you already knew that. Groovy production, great delivery, adosfhjadfjajskde it's really good.
22) Karol Conka - Messy puss popper. I'm not mad at it.
23) Rachel Chinouriri - Something is missing to really put this *completely* over the top, but it's so relaxing and the harmonies are lovely.
24) City Girls - okay that Missy intro, the actual winner of intros week, sorry LATASHA. Right up my alley and a good way to end a... week.
1011 days 3 hours ago
Slice
thoughts

alien really hasnt been submitted before?
yes yola. my mom.
BELLA POARCH????????????? cringe
it really is time for the twerkulator
1010 days 18 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01. raja kumari - queen but the song really didn't go where i wanted it to. i'm not opposed to the occasional trashy bop but the chorus was sort of a buzzkill and the vocal production is... questionable. i did warm up to this a bit on second listen, but it's still not where i want it to be. kinda bop, BUT it could've been much better.
02. ryland james - listenable enough i GUESS but i'm sorry this is a greyson chance b-side from HELL. i'm sure hellomynameis347 is living, but i'm not really the audience for this. i don't like seeing queer men happy!
03. samia - i can't lie, i had written this off until the chorus hit and brought some much needed energy. and yeah it's a good song! i really like just how big the chorus is and overall the somewhat anthemic indie production is hitting for me. cute little serve.
04. ballyhoo! - obviously a vile attack on the senses, but i am choosing to interpret this as camp. i'm sure the cast of how i met your mother had a fun time filming this.
05. bella poarch - anyone who tries to defend this as a listenable and enjoyable piece of music needs their tastebuds checked out BUT it's.... kinda camp when you think about it. the best felonie martinez song released in years (it's still bad). i feel like i'd be more accepting of this if i wasn't gaslit to think this was the song of the century. embarrassing and cringe but also forward thinking and highly intelligent. i won't be streaming it anytime soon but i will be writing thinkpieces about it.
06. maisie peters - i had my issues with "john hughes movie" and its production the first few times i heard it, but i'll take the 2019 drop over this overproduced mess. i'm sorry i did try to like this, and it's not TERRIBLE per say, but her vocals on this are grating as all hell and don't make for a really pleasant listening experience!! this is probably winning and in all honesty while it wouldn't be the best winner of 2021, it would most definetly be the worst!
07. joker's belief - the ghost woman took me the FUCK out. the male vocalist also looks a lot like drag race alumni + loser ginger minj out of drag so i'm choosing to believe it's actually her. overall, bad song but like. super camp.
08. natalia podolskaya - this lost a lot of its initial steam with -that- chorus, but it's not BAD. subtle, covergirl. very CUTE is what i'm saying, though i don't have any strong feelings on this whatsoever. it's listenable!
09. thandi phoenix - i didn't really get this song the first time around but oh my god this is such a grower. what i first thought were weird production choices turned out to be incredible life changing twists and turns. but yeah this is REALLY good! super fun, it was for the gheurls.
10. duckwrth - dadddd of course i like this. i haven't really delved into his discography but "coming closer" + this are telling me to URGENTLY check it out. i can't believe the woman from joker's belief came back to sing the chorus, queen is booked. i'm not 100% in love with this, BUT it's at a cute 91%. let's go with that. yeah.
11. ma nien shien & 9m88 - this is good! the jazz and funk (swoons) influences were definetly noticeable, but overall this was super catchy and had a great atmosphere. it DID start to drag a bit, but i wasn't -too- mad. quite nice actually.
12. sedona - this is such a funny submission to me because i've had this in my TSC list for like two years LMAO. i don't know why i never sent it, i definetly really enjoy this, maybe i just never found the right week. but yeah of course i enjoy this. VERY madonna ST era inspired, and that is not a bad thing at all! it's just a really fun throwback pop song, sort of aged like wine.
13. LATASHÁ - I LOVE ACTING WEEK. as far as the song goes, yeah this shhhhmacks. i love the production and the chorus is SO fun. miss latashá was SURGED UP. WAIST ON FUCK BLUE LIVES. YOUNG, GIFTED AND BLACK. i see abundance too miss latasha. anyways BOP.
14. yola - if i didn't know any better i would ASSUME this was another tired synthpop attempt judging off the thumbnail, but i could never forget the "faraway look" songstress. this is nowhere near the level of that song, but it's still nice. like others have pointed out, it doesn't really go anywhere but i would be lying if i said i didn't warm up to this on repeated listens. what can i say, i'm a sucker for neo soul! this never comes full circle for me, but it's a nice enough song.
15. LVL1 - YUPPPPP. i love it when people send songs for ME. the instrumental is VERY azealia, which isn't a bad thing coming from moi. overall yeah i mean this is extremely up my alley AND i'm glad tiktok hasn't ruined this for me yet. CAT KITTY CAT CAT KITTY CAT CAT. a hymn for graduations, weddings and funerals.
16. rakel bronze - the camp entry to end all camp entries. there are just so many layers to "kein stress" that i really can't put it into words, but this is probably the best song i've heard in my life. queen. "it's giving zumba" --Alexeh23
17. lee suhyun - BOP i really like this one. obviously i've had it in my list since it was released in december but i was never quick to send it just cause i felt the chorus would get dragged for being understanded. IT GROWS ON YOU AFTER 60 LISTENS PEOPLE. but yeah this SLAPS.
https://media.giphy.com/media/RIUZHIBmReqsnztdW2/giphy.gif
18. justin jesso, seeb - something something i don't like this but you already knew that something something definetly has an audience around here and i'm not a part of that audience something something.
19. VÉRITÉ - give it up vérité you will never be alex porat. in fact my robbed queen did this a lot better, i really liked the heavy bassline but this lost me somewhere around the midpoint. it's okay.
20. lindsey stirling - three nightmares in a row omgosh! i don't know who's checking for this retirement act in 2021. IT'S 2021. darbe did point out this is -giving- alan walker and... well yeah that says everything you need to know. not for me, but actually it is quite horrid. retire lindsey stirling challenge
21. topaz jones - trigger warning but duh of course i love this. it feels current while also being very heavily inspired by a lot of funk acts. it feels referential without being a direct rip-off of a specific act, like so many successful male recording artists do (read: br*no m*rs). it's just a really fun track ANDDDDDD it helps that he's easy on the eyes TRUE. we gonna get u that win mister jones i promise.
22. karol conka - you can be the king or watch the queen conka. personally i prefer "dilúvio" by a MILE, this is... a lot but i don't outright dislike it? although it is certainly just the SLIGHTEST bit grating. but i mean. queen i love her she deserves the tsc win. i definetly have to be in the mood to enjoy this, but like i said, don't dislike it! "dilúvio" still outsold though.
23. rachel chinouriri - her stuff always tends to age like wine for me (read: darker place) and i don't usually get her on my first listens, but even then "darker place" and "adrenaline" are still more instant than this. don't get me wrong though, i like this! the chilled out vibes are kinda delicious actually and maybe i'm in love with hak baker. okay i'm definetly in love with hak baker and will be checking out his music. this definetly grew on me on a second listen, we'll see!
24. city girls - GRADUATIONS WEDDINGS FUNERALS. waist on fuck gay men lives AND they were right for it, yung miami about to beat ryland james up in the green room so bad. an absolute jam and kind of the best release of the 2020s when you think about it, i'm SO into this. bop bop bop.
1009 days 4 hours ago
dragotistic
01) Raja Kumari - I think this had a ton of untapped potential. It could’ve been great but it was more flash than substance. Kinda disappointed in this.
02) Ryland James - I guess it’s cute? But it’s mostly vile.
03) Samia - This chorus was fantastic. This is how you do a midtempo ballad. This was excellent.
04) Ballyhoo! - Let’s just call it what it is. Not a song I’m gonna point. Sorry friend.
05) Bella Poarch - Is Tik Tok turning into a spring board into the music industry? Maybe they should stop. Not my style, not for me. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see this get some high points from people.
06) Maisie Peters - People need to stop saying that this is winning. It’s not. The four separate smear campaigns are redundant, we get it. At the end of the day, this song is an absolute bop equal or even greater than John Hughes Movie. Ignore the haters Maisie!
07) Joker's Belief - I’ve been sitting at my keyboard for an embarrassing amount of time trying to describe how amazing this song is. It’s art really. You get it. I will stay for Joker’s Belief!
08) Natalia Podolskaya - I should love this but it feels just a little flat especially in the chorus for me. I do like the overall product but I wanted more.
09) Thandi Phoenix - I wanted this to be incredible. But alas it was not. It was great in spots but never really hit THAT next level and got fairly repetitive.
10) Duckwrth - I’M DEAD. Duckwrth killed me. Time of Death: 10:47pm EST. (this song is really good)
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - Usually I don’t mind these entries but this one of really boring to me.
12) Sedona - Vibes? Immaculate. Visuals? Mesmerizing. Instrumental? Groovy. Song? Incredible. My heart? Thumping out of my chest. This was everything. If God is real and is on my side, we will see this song win the crown with over 200 points on Sunday. Everything about this song appeals to me and my taste. If you sent this, please send me a message so I can tell you how much you impacted my life this week. I’m (not) joking.
13) LATASHÁ - If we go off of the recent winners in TSC, this checks a lot of the boxes. It’s a great song. Not my favorite this week (see Song 12) but I wouldn’t be surprised if this won on Sunday.
14) Yola - This song was good but not great. Her voice was the highlight of this song everything else was okay/I’ve heard before.
15) LVL1 - This is Tom’s 12 or this is Tom. Not for me but go off.
16) Rakel Bronze - Another song that’s just not for me. I can see why people like it so much but I can’t get into it.
17) Lee Suhyun - This song is really cute but it lacks a strong chorus for me. That pre-chorus though? Literally perfection. If the song rode that pre-chorus a little harder this song would be a strong contender for me. It’s just missing the mark though.
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb - I would’ve loved this in 2015/2016 but my tastes have changed since then so I’m not really feeling this song for this week.
19) VÉRITÉ - This is really cute! Not anything to ride home for but definitely a song I would listen to again.
20) Lindsey Stirling - I’m glad that I got a Lindsey Stirling win in TSC before everyone turned on her. This was okay for Lindsey but this is not going to do well at all :/
21) Topaz Jones - This is another likely contender for the crown. Either this or Latasha will win this week. This was just really fucking delicious. Great find by whoever sent this.
22) Karol Conka - In a complete 180 from the previous song I did not like this at all.
23) Rachel Chinouriri - I don’t think I’ve ever seriously enjoyed a Rachel Chinouriri song. This wasn’t AWFUL but I’m not moving either.
24) City Girls - LOL okay good night
1008 days 9 hours ago
RedFabFoxy
01) Raja Kumari - 'Firestarter'
This isn't the best thing ever but it's for sure a bop! And you know I love a woman with an attitude.
02) Ryland James - '3 Purple Hearts'
Aww... Gays. Yeah, no, basic white gay pseudo-indie shit. Dud and deserves to be deathslotted.
03) Samia - 'Show Up'
I like the chorus here, and her voice is pleasant too. But overall it's not STRIKING.
04) Ballyhoo! - 'Walk Away'
This... sounds like a cheapened version of an already cheap old-school PATD song. And I love PATD, but hate those.
05) Bella Poarch - 'Build a B*tch'
LMAO... Who'd have known that a tik toker would slay me like this? She kinda did that. Melanie Martinez, but make it boppier/more pleasant/hooking.
06) Maisie Peters - 'Psycho'
Enjoy my 0 points! :) But on a real note, I'm glad whoever stole this from me, it's fine. I got annoyed with this song anyway.
07) Joker's Belief - 'Stay'
This guy has 84 subscribers, HOW did one of you find this song.. But apart from the ghost and the "STAYYYYYY" part, the song is... kind of a no. But... kind of iconic.
08) Natalia Podolskaya - 'Ayahuaska'
This heaux... The song is KINDA basic but kinda cute. The fact that she'll probably be pointed by me...
09) Thandi Phoenix - 'Overdrive'
Honestly kinda a UK-pop bop (although she's Australian apparently)! I surprisingly enjoyed this, and it does grow on you the more you listen to it.
10) Duckwrth - 'I'M DEAD'
Oh I'm dead I am... I did NOT expect this. I kind of didn't wanna high point a man but... he deserves it with all these meek entries so far.
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - 'Walking Towards Me'
Absolutely not. This kind of jazz stuff can ROT in hell.
12) Sedona - 'More Love'
Honestly she kind of wants to be 80's Madonna, and I get it. She did make a cute bop, girl did her thing!
13) LATASHÁ - 'GOGO WYNE'
That informercial... I did enjoy this though, although she sadly reminds me of Azealia Banks, and I'm NOT big on that sis... But I can't deny this bop.
14) Yola - 'Starlight'
Now... This queen is GORGEOUS - charisma, looks, lighting... She's popping! And her voice is definitely amazing, and the song actually grows on you too.
15) LVL1 - 'FVN!'
This was... quite overrated in the listening party. I think it's OK, not bad, but not my style/not something I'd come back to.
16) Rakel Bronze - 'Kein Stress'
KEIN STRESS! MACHT MIR SPASS! QUEEN!!! This is kinda supposed to be bad but it's SO GOOD?! Like I'm having fun and she's making me move... Like, go girl give me everything! And then she DARES to give an iconic breakdown/bridge... Madonna is SHAKING in her pop queen throne.
17) Lee Suhyun - 'Alien'
WHEW, the 1-2 punch! Who'd thunk this kpop girl would slay me? No one, but she did just THAT. That prechorus is heaven, and when you get used to the chorus, it all gets JUICY. This production is e v e r y t h i n g.
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb - 'Bigger Than'
God help me, I HATE this guy's voice. And the EDM gimmicks... get it off the TV, I'm not watching THAT.
19) VÉRITÉ - 'he's not you'
Quite a bop! It's not as punchy or as unique one would hope, but I definitely did not mind. I do love this sound and it was executed well.
20) Lindsey Stirling - 'Masquerade'
Lindsey STIRLING? Not on my watch. Leave the violin dubstep back in 2011-2014 PLEASE!
21) Topaz Jones - 'Toothache'
I feel like some TSC senders do love this sound. It's cute, but not my favourite. Though I'll admit, that chorus DOES bang. I love the harmonies/added vocals.
22) Karol Conka - 'Tombei (ft. Tropkillaz)'
Watch the queen CONKA. Honestly I just realized it was from 2015, and I can hear it now. But that's ok, this is still kind of a bop!
23) Rachel Chinouriri - 'November (ft. Hak Baker)'
This is quite beautiful actually. It's a bit too big-brain for this competition but I actually adore it, the woman has such a delicate voice.
24) City Girls - 'Twerkulator'
The intro was the funniest, and sadly the best part. The song didn't go off/go the way I wanted it to.
1008 days 8 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Raja Kumari – She has got the fire and passion and I can feel the burning sensation that this song brings out
02) Ryland James – The melody is bland and easily forgettable but his vocals are alright but the song didn’t help him
03) Samia – Her vocals sound so lazy and so boring with how she brings no energy and is so dreary in the end
04) Ballyhoo! – This is a nice cute bop that does help to bring a smile out of me with that upbeat tune
05) Bella Poarch – I’m not into this one with the song sounding like a mess with the jumble of the music not gelling
06) Maisie Peters – Now this is one hell of a banger that gets stuck in my head and it is just that crazy good that gets me to repeat it over to death
07) Joker's Belief – Uh I can’t deal with this basic ass music that really crates on my ears and this is simply not good at all
08) Natalia Podolskaya – The music is actually quite lit with so much energy and funk and this is a stand out
09) Thandi Phoenix – I find the music to be too repetitive with the dated tune and I don’t like the pitch of her singing
10) Duckwrth – He really goes out there to reinvent the rap scene but it doesn’t work here with the music feeling disjointed
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 – This is not bad for what it is being a charming little song but after time it does get tiring to get through
12) Sedona – There are some catchy hooks here with the synth music helping but it gets old quick becoming annoying by the end
13) LATASHÁ – Yeah, the music is literally no existent here and her rapping has no rhythm or anything of value as it sounds more like a demonic chant
14) Yola – I like her soulful voice as it brings the best out of her but the song needs that extra power to take advantage of it
15) LVL1 – There is too much going on here as the singing is just mumble jumble to me with too much auto tune and is so bad
16) Rakel Bronze – The music used is questionable to say the least as it is something I can make on my laptop and this song is uninspiring
17) Lee Suhyun – Oh yes, I am deeply in love with this fab song that got that disco music that brings out the best here
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb – He has got one powerful voice but it’s a shame that it is wasted on a generic song that fell apart in the chorus
19) VÉRITÉ – This went by rather quickly making little impact from the samey beat and her lack of energy vocals
20) Lindsey Stirling – She is such an awesome violin player and brought the song alive in her own unique way that is very awe watching
21) Topaz Jones – There is too much vocals going on that don’t even mix well with the music being a mess to deal with
22) Karol Conka – This is a chaotic mess that makes me sad to see music like this here that puts nothing of value into it
23) Rachel Chinouriri – The music is quite smooth and is nice to hear but the singing can be improved by increasing the power
24) City Girls – What am I even witnessing because this is a huge ass train wreck that makes me wail in pain making me not want to live on this planet anymore
1007 days 20 hours ago
Talian
01) 🟢 Raja Kumari : ok this was the epitome of cheap but slayed my life sooo hard. Like I am literally getting my life from this.

02) 🔴 Ryland James : way to ruin my legacy. Do you really hate me in here?

03) 🟠 Samia : gorgeous voice. The song lacked a little salt. A little pepper. Ya know?

04) 🟡 Ballyhoo! : not mad about it but not even for it. It was fine.

05) 🟢 Bella Poarch : ok i will say it. She did that in this. Sure a little on the edgier side but it’s good. No denying.

06) 🟡 Maisie Peters : this, instead, is cute but I feel needed a little more edge/darkness to really work. Should have been more bass-based.

07) 🟠 Joker's Belief : his voice is AMAZING. The song… no.

08) 🔴 Natalia Podolskaya : hate the buildup to an empty drop.

09) 🟠 Thandi Phoenix : had this in my list forever. Let’s be real. The spoken part is good. The rest… not so much.

10) 🟡 Duckwrth : they can never do wrong. This is less of a shoot and more of a soft toot tho.

11) 🔴 Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 : deimfintely an acquired taste but not mine.

12) 🟠 Sedona : so we’re now at the 80’s ballads trend? Sorry no. She is great. But the song is so copy cat there’s nothing original.

13) 🟢 LATASHÁ : fuck Lati, slow down. Leave something for the rest of us. This was literally everything.

14) 🟢 Yola : yes mama. SUNG!!!

15) 🔴 LVL1 : obnoxious. No. Not even funny.

16) 🟠 Rakel Bronze : German is iconic but they just can’t make pop.

17) 🟢 Lee Suhyun : the basses. Dula Peep could never.

18) 🟢 Justin Jesso, Seeb : I feel like I shouldn’t but I am obsessed.

19) 🟡 VÉRITÉ :  or a big fan of the vocals but overall the song goes in. But it still feels a little incomplete.

20) 🟢 Lindsey Stirling : talent. That’s all.

21) 🟡 Topaz Jones : good but too classic.

22) 🟠 Karol Conka ; love Brazilian funk but this felt very monotone.

23) 🟢 Rachel Chinouriri : this is what I am talking about. Smooth. Innovative. Soulful.

24) 🟢 City Girls : in overall extremely good contests I wouldn’t stan a troop entry but this slaps so hard.
1007 days 19 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Raja Kumari - This was a bit of an anticlimactic start hm… she has like 1 singular bop and everything else has failed to live up to that standard and like I get it it’s a very high standard but still. It was alright but the chorus (if you can call it a chorus?? idk) killed my buzz. Meh.
02) Ryland James - This was cute! It was really simple and like I think that’s the way to go when you’re being a horrible sinning [REDACTED]. Won’t be coming back to it but cute!
03) Samia - Oh yessss absolutely this… I really liked her last entry but THIS is on another level. Right up my street I fear, the soft verses into the harder rock chorus inject it into my veins that’s a way to guarantee a place on my 2021 High Lights I fear. A Mitski type serve ABSOLUTELYYYYY.
04) Ballyhoo! - This was soooo horrid omg… like maybe there is an audience for this I am just so far removed from that audience I am keeping my social distance of 30000 miles absolutely notttt.
05) Bella Poarch - LMFAO stoppp not this. This is camp it’s fun it’s… a Melanie Martinez song but not performed by Melanie Martinez so obviously better. Yeah I really shouldn’t like this but I can’t make the music not bop etc. End men!!
06) Maisie Peters - Speaking of men… she’s really a one hit wonder w John Hughes Movie nothing else this girl has given has… given. The chorus here is just so bad like the production on it is bad the lyrics are bad everything is bad. Bad.
07) Joker's Belief - kjdfghakdfjghkfdjgakdfgnjfdnhksfjh I can’t tell if this is a troll entry or not but I laughed the whole way through this was just so funny to me for some reason. I was entertained!
08) Natalia Podolskaya - This started with promise but I think the only thing I actually liked was the chorus, drop excluded. The drop was a massive disappointment and the verses are a bit of a non-event too. This has been done a lot better in the past.
09) Thandi Phoenix - Hmmmm… this had some good parts to it and some not so good parts to it I’m kinda torn on it. The chorus definitely grew on me, but this felt a bit clunky and disjointed unfortunately.
10) Duckwrth - Ok I’m done being upset that this random song from like 3 years ago got taken from me I HAD MY CHANCE… now I get to shower it in points instead lucky you Duckwrth player. <3 Bopppppppp.
11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - Oh this was GORGEOUS yepppp I adored this anthem. Fun and cute with a gorgeous instrumental, lovely vocals, an audiovisual experience, everything I could possibly ask for + more. Serve!!
12) Sedona - Another serveeee this week is giving. This feels like a fresh take on the 80s trend even though it was released 2 years ago so it stands out for that. Idk how much replay value it has necessarily but I liked this a lot, the chorus is great.
13) LATASHÁ - Tengaged Video Contest MAKE SOME NOISEEEEE. WAITTTT TENGAGED SONG CONTEST MAKE SOME NOISEEEE THIS IS GOOOOD?? I mean the verses got stale pretty quick but the chorus… an instant classic. Tysm to the monster who submitted Maisie Peters because the rest of this week has been stacked!!
14) Yola - Mommmmm her voice is incredible… this isn’t as good as the Yola song I sent last year but still super pretty and gorg and stuff. Idk how it’s gonna hold up in this week but really pretty I liked this a lot. Love the retro feel to it it’s a vibe that works so well for me. <3 The chorus is STUNNING this is definitely gonna hold up for me I think!!
15) LVL1 - OH MY GODDDD ANOTHER BOP ALL OF THE SONGS SINCE DUCKWRTH HAVE BEEN GIVING I CAN’T BREATHE. This was incredible I have no other words.
16) Rakel Bronze - LKMAKDFAKDJGK what the fuckkkk was this hyperpop experience. I mean this disaster did slay me I can’t lie… a gorgeous headache. <3 Thank you for your service Rakel Bronze.
17) Lee Suhyun - I feel like I’m gonna look back on this in a couple months and think BOP but I’m just not quite feeling it rn… it’s not very instantly impactful? Which is a shame for this week because so many songs have already made an IMPACT this just falls a bit short. Maybe at the 2021 Alexeh High Lights Extravaganza. It’s cute!
18) Justin Jesso, Seeb - NAURRRR nope no no no no no no no absolutely not. Leave this in 2017 pleek I am BEGGING.
19) VÉRITÉ - This felt very safe and formulaic like there’s nothing wrong with it I just didn’t move and when you’re sending an artist that’s been sent repeatedly I want a bit more than what she was giving. Actually there is something wrong with it it’s a bit bad rly. :/ Budget Alex Porat ass.
20) Lindsey Stirling - Now I’m not opposed to an instrumental in TSC but why does like every instrumental we see have to be Lindsey bloody Stirling!!! Grrr!!!!!! This just didn’t do anything after it started it stayed on one level and it’s a level we’ve seen from her 300 times before!!! I’m unhappy!!!!
21) Topaz Jones - WHAT A MAN!!!! I mean this is just excellence isn’t it??? Head + shoulders above… incredible, excellence, incomparable, have you ever been struck by lightning because if not and you gave this  a bad comment I will personally see to it and make sure that it happens MULTIPLE TIMES. Talent.
22) Karol Conka - She has better than this but this was a cute messy bop I definitely didn’t mind it! Kinda wanted more mess?
23) Rachel Chinouriri - So we have to wait ANOTHER 20 weeks for Adrenaline? Get outttt. I’m instantly liking this a lot more than Darker Place though, it’s really subtle and really pretty while not just staying on the same level throughout. Yeah this did it for me, really gorgeous and I feel like it’s gonna age like wine.
24) City Girls - Having spent 4 years in the Tengaged Song Contest I really do understand and empathise with these homophobic queens. It’s more of an audiovisual experience than a song I would ever listen to in my own time, but I can get behind a good audiovisual experience especially when that audiovisual experience references Charlotte Adigéry’s cinematic masterpiece High Lights. It IS time for the Twerkulator.
1007 days 15 hours ago
J2999
001. Raja Kumari - 'Firestarter' : Sorta bop… this is kinda bad but also quite a serve, so I like it, more good than bad. Actually, just good. Good opener.
002. Ryland James - '3 Purple Hearts' : No.
003. Samia - 'Show Up' : Hmm not something I’d normally be into, but the music here’s good, and she has a fine voice too, nods.
004. Ballyhoo! - 'Walk Away' : It’s alright, but not really doing much. Some decent parts to it though.
005. Bella Poarch - 'Build a B*tch' : This has always been a song that’s actually….. decent, but everything about the principle of this song brings it down.
006. Maisie Peters - 'Psycho' : Maisie Peters has some better songs yeah, and when I first heard this it didn’t do much, but this listen kinda bop. Enjoyed this, easily the best song so far.
007. Joker's Belief - 'Stay' : Uhhhhh this ain’t it, some redeeming parts, but mostly no.
008. Natalia Podolskaya - 'Ayahuaska' : This is a thrive, good song yeah. The whistling is … chef’s kiss.
009. Thandi Phoenix - 'Overdrive' : Eh, not really for me, but not bad.
010. Duckwrth - 'I'M DEAD' : Quite good, pretty decent listen yeah.
011. Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - 'Walking Towards Me' : I did not like this overall, but not the worst this week.
012. Sedona - 'More Love' : Came and went, but wasn’t really into this unfortunately.
013. LATASHÁ - 'GOGO WYNE' : This is solid in particular parts, in a weaker week like this though this song gets a good checkmark.
014. Yola - 'Starlight' : She has a good voice, but the song as a whole I’m not really a fan of.
015. LVL1 - 'FVN!' : This is like bad but underlying there is a bit of a bop here, the conflict is steaming. I mean compared to the rest of this week, I guess that means credit it because there’s at least a GOOD element to it, much more than a lot of these songs can say.
016. Rakel Bronze - 'Kein Stress' : Yeah specifically this kinda thing is veryyy hit or miss,, and this was a miss.
017. Lee Suhyun - 'Alien' : Kinda a typical thing I prefer to dislike, but in a bad week like this…. Kinda takes it. Decent.
018. Justin Jesso, Seeb - 'Bigger Than' : Yeah very good song, like this a lot.
019. VÉRITÉ - 'he's not you' : I ended up getting quite into this, took a couple mins to, but yea good.
020. Lindsey Stirling - 'Masquerade' : Soooo personally it’s very rare to want to listen to music without … y’know… _Lyrics_, but like Lindsey Stirling yesss talented legend, and she really served here. If there were lyrics like.. easy 12, miles ahead of next, but great song nevertheless.
021. Topaz Jones - 'Toothache' : Yeah another 50/50 one here, some good parts, some less so, it’s alright.
022. Karol Conka - 'Tombei (ft. Tropkillaz)' : Karol 99.17% to evict. This is actually… pretty decent, quite enjoyed.
023. Rachel Chinouriri - 'November (ft. Hak Baker)' : Not really a fan of this, but could be worse.
024. City Girls - 'Twerkulator' : Yeah this went about how I expected it to go, bye.
1007 days 10 hours ago
chris2pei
01) Raja Kumari - feisty, spicy, slutty

02) Ryland James - calming, adorable, jealous (of those two)

03) Samia -  weak, belittled, quite messy

04) Ballyhoo! - annoying, disgusting, Next!

05) Bella Poarch - bop, bop, bop!

Not you sending this while the Philippines got their first gold in Summer Olympics recently. Such a timing! If I just know that this song haven't charted I would definitely entered this! Bella Porch & Brentman Rock, I'm so proud of you! 🇵🇭

06) Maisie Peters - grower, messy, repetitive

07) Joker's Belief - repetitive, bit bored, well they tried

08) Natalia Podolskaya - unique, seductive, cliffhanger

09) Thandi Phoenix - grower, groovy, dragging

10) Duckwrth - energetic, striking, underrated

11) Ma Nien Shien & 9m88 - boring, sleepy, good night

12) Sedona - sunny, amusing, innovative

13) LATASHÁ - serving, vibing, 'Shantay, you stay'

14) Yola - soulful, moving, Diana Ross 2.0

15) LVL1 - out of place, infuriating, unpleasant

16) Rakel Bronzev -  danceable, messy, dragging

17) Lee Suhyun - compelling, pleasurable, lovely

18) Justin Jesso, Seeb - boring, annoying, unmemorable

19) VÉRITÉ -  delicate, groovy, surprisingly great

20) Lindsey Stirling - high budgetted, fine, could improve more

21) Topaz Jones - funky, surprising, distinguishable

22) Karol Conka - camp, feisty, average

23) Rachel Chinouriri - dull, unrelatable, forgettable

24) City Girls - Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, booty bop
1007 days 8 hours ago
connorthomson
Raja Kumari - genuinely hate it like her voice is ew I’m sorry

Ryland James - it’s not like amazing and I’m not rushing to like it on Spotify but it is cute and really nice and is the best song so far!

Samia - I really like the lyrics but I just want it to kinda take off but it doesn’t sadly

Ballyhoo- thought I would like this but sadly could not get into it

Bella poarch - it’s very hot and sexy not much range in vocals or anything but overall decent song

Maisie peters - I really love this a touch of class a touch of what I like just a great song by a great singer clearly

Jokers belief - I liked the end but the rest average at best

Natalia - it’s everything I could want and more so far absolutely 12 points it’s just perfect it captures me from the start she’s stunningly beautiful and it’s a great upbeat song

Thandi Phoenix - finally the song contest has heated up definitely up there and gives the last song a run for it’s money I just don’t know great songs

Duckwrth - I love the girls voice way more and it kinda holds this song together he lets it down a bit

Ma Nien shien - it’s cringey as fk I kinda like it but don’t love it

Sedona - she’s sexy and it’s ok but not amazing

Latasha - it’s just not my cup of tea sorry like there’s just no wow factor I need that

Yola - oh she’s stunning and it’s a good song but again like the last song i feel it lacks a wow factor

Lvl1 - absolutely crazy but I weirdly really love it because it’s different but it is enjoyable at the same time

Rakel bronze - I kinda love the foreign language it’s hot and different and you know what I vibed

Lee suhyun - strange one for me because the video is perfect the singing is perfect the song is pretty awesome and yeh absolutely love it great song

Justin jesso - you know what just wow nailed it that voice captured me from the start absolutely beautiful just everything like 12 points is likely so far but who knows!

Verite - it’s a nice song but not spectacular I wanted a little bit more

Lindsey Sterling - before listening I’m so excited it’s a song called masquerade and wow what a song title. After listening yes there’s no lyrics but I’m captured and I’ve really loved the song/violin playing it’s very soothing and beautifully performed

Topaz Jones - it’s just not what I enjoy I’m afraid just not my cup of tea

Karol Conka - again like the last song actually just not me it’s a bit too modern if you know what I mean I just didn’t enjoy it but I’m sure some do

Rachel chinouriri - there’s no wow factor sadly but her voice is way better than the guys

City girls - it’s absolutely shit but it makes it good because it’s upbeat and half decent
1007 days 4 hours ago
ParkerSlayer360
OKAY Y'ALL, FROM HERE ON OUT I PROMISE TO BE THAT JUDGE THAT ONLY HAS GOOD THINGS TO SAY!!!! <positivity vibes and all :D>

[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/kEIrlPfSOnwU8/giphy.gif{/img]

01) Raja Kumari - Bollywood bops. I totally feel like this is like a Minaj Cardi B mashup with ethnic roots. Good entry.
02) Ryland James - Nice and soft. Good addition to my sleep shuffle.
03) Samia - Slow rock, acceptable entry. The slurred vocals are doing wonders for the score, surprisingly.
04) Ballyhoo! - “Not gonna write you a lovesong” vibes. I love that cross over period from songs like this to synthetic pop!
05) Bella Poarch - HOW WAS THIS NOT CHOSEN BEFORE??? Absolute stan, this was always blasting on the radio! BUUTTT since I only heard it on the radio I heard build a bear ;)
06) Maisie Peters - Song for exercise! Fast beat, this song would’ve been on my Spotify playlist.
07) Joker's Belief - Nice voice, his pseudo voice cracks were controlled nicely (don’t know if that makes sense), the middle part had a change of tone and separated it from the start, it added mucho points!
1007 days 4 hours ago
1001games
Raja Kumari: Nice catchy bop to start off the week. Not bad!

Ryland James: This was definetly a relaxing song and I really liked this dudes voice.

Samia: This was okay. Little loud for my liking but overall not terrible.

Ballyhoo!: I tend to think reggae type songs all sound the same but this song was cute and catchy!

Bella Poarch: I’ve heard this song before. Tiktok maybe? Anyways its a real catchy song and this is coming from a guy who hates pop.

Maisie Peters: 6 good songs in a row?!? This was super catchy and would probs listen to it again if i heard it on the radio.

Joker's Belief: Good voice but wasn’t really feeling the song that much.

Natalia Podolskaya: And the good song streak comes to an end. This was horrible.

Thandi Phoenix: Wasnt really feeling this at all. Sorry.

Duckwrth: I’m dead. It was so bad it killed me.

Ma Nien Shien & 9m88: Yesss I was hoping this would be an oldies vibe song! Did not disappoint!

Sedona: Not terrible. Didn’t really care for the synths though.

LATASHÁ: Wasted my time with this one. This was terrible.

Yola: Super strong voice! Song wasnt all that bad either.

LVL1: Pass. This wasnt it. Next please.

Rakel Bronze: Ummmm okay? This was really weird but…. good?

Lee Suhyun: Not really doing anything for me so its a no.

Justin Jesso, Seeb: Like the message to the song but it really wasnt for me.

VÉRITÉ: Booorrrrringggg. Put me to sleep when it shouldn’t have.

Lindsey Stirling: Fun fact one of my friends got to do a duet with Lindsey on stage at one of her concerts. But yeah solid song!

Topaz Jones: Idk kinda feeling mixed about this. Like some parts were good and some were just awful so idk.

Karol Conka: Horrible. Get off my screen.

Rachel Chinouriri: Another boring song. Next.

City Girls: The fact that this is music is concerning. Worst song of the night.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!