This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 440 Final

Topic » TSC 440 Final

1066 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
29) Jon Batiste - 'I Need You'
1066 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
All 29 songs posted. blah blah blah. Yall know how to vote.

Results will be on Sunday at approximately 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST, which means your votes MUST BE IN 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEN!
1066 days 18 hours ago
Slice
i know its pride month but that gay song sucks
1066 days 18 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
04) Carpark North -
[20:37:15] alexeh: oh christ
[20:37:16] abittipsy: oh no
[20:37:16] mommie: oh no
1066 days 17 hours ago
J2999
001. Shiri Maimon - 'Tipa' : Eh in a way I like it, in a way it’s pretty boring, so I suppose it’s FINE overall. Could be a lot worse, hope this doesn’t set the tone for the week though.
002. Julia Jean-Baptiste - 'Faux amours' : Some parts of this are nice, some parts are just… no. I’m not really feeling this.
003. The Warning - 'CHOKE' : I want to like this I really do, and to an extent I DO. There’s definitely good aspects to it. Hmmm I’ll take it.
004. Carpark North - 'When We Were Kids' : I do want this to be a bit more than it is, but that being said overall yeah I like this a good amount. Especially the last minute, solid.
005. Chris Crocker - 'Freak of Nature' : Straight up seeing *Chris Crocker* I knew this would be something… I’m surprised I don’t dislike it as much as I thought I would, in a way sorta iconic lmao….
006. Sigrid - 'Mirror' : I really like certain parts of this, the rest of the song is fine but yeah there’s some clearer standout good parts.
007. Middlemist Red - 'Blue Moon' : By looking at the thumbnails this was an easy prediction as a J2-fave. Yeah that kinda aged like milk. To an extent I still like it, just definitely not what I was thinking/hoping it would be, but yeah still decent.
008. Brandy - 'Starting Now' : This was a lot better than I thought it would be. Not entirely for me, but I actually kinda like it so that’s good going.
009. Kim Petras - 'Do Me' : ‘Got me c c c c cummin!’? Uhhhhhh ok? I mean bar that quick question mark, this actually was a good song and yes I enjoyed it.
010. Phum Viphurit - 'Lover Boy' : Yeah sorry I’m just really not feeling this it seems stuck in a low gear for literally…. 5 minutes? Pass thank you.
011. Andrea Valle - 'Lovergirl' : Kinda bored kinda bored. It’s got a couple decent moments but like yeah no overall.
012. The Dollyrots - 'Animal' : Sees the giant bunny, +8. EH this is like partially decent partially kinda bad, so it’s fine overall, could be worse.
013. Japanese Breakfast - 'Savage Good Boy' :This didn’t really make an impact on me either way, though I did like the instrumental part towards the end, kinda salvaged the song.
014. FAANGS - 'Relapse' : Started decent, it was consistently… fine, so yeah not bad just not something I’ll go back to again either I guess.
015. Avalon Lurks - 'Papi Chulo' : Ehhh yeah not really a fan for this. Mostly just came and went I guess.
016. Sergey Lazarev - '7 digits' : Sergey is SO good and so talented, I love him so much. I can only imagine whoever sent this to have good taste. Fun song, I enjoyed throughout. Excited for him to win ESC 2022. #SergeyStorm. #SergeySensation. #SERGEYSUPREMACY.
017. fromis_9 - 'Feel Good' : Ok I suppose this is better than what I expected to hear, credit to it in that regard. Better than a LOT of stuff so far this week.
018. Emotional Oranges - 'All That (Ft. Channel Tres)' : I kinda like this, relatively pleasant listen yeah. I’ll take it.
019. Carson Coma - 'Pok' : Ah yes this is what I needed in my life. Does the Pok wave so much! Yes yes yes good song good song GOOD SONG.
020. Ashnikko - 'Slumber Party (ft. Princess Nokia)' : Anyway.. this happened, next.
021. Nervo & Carla Monroe - 'Gotta Be You' : This was a solid song, good listen, I liked this.
022. Enhypen - 'Drunk-Dazed' : I quite liked this…. Well it’s one that like shapes up in comparison to other songs heard so far well at least, but yeah seems good itself.
023. Poli Genova - 'How We End Up' : I wanted to enjoy this more than I did because I do like that queen, it was a pleasant listen sure, but like… not near If Love Was a Crime so yeah.
024. Ryota - 'A Sky Full of Stars' : Awh this is like sweet. I actually do like the noise and music being made at the like 3 minute mark to like 3 min 50. The rest of the song is like pleasantly calm but nothing like GREAT, but yes I do quite like!
025. David Rees - 'Me gusta un chico' : Hello hello yes I am liking this song, I feel in a way I shouldn’t but yeah it’s doing good. It being Spanish obviously does many favours, Spanish supremacy.
026. Luca & Julia - 'Mad (ft. The Wonderlands)' : I enjoy the Luca singing parts, and when they’re both singing together. Julia has a good voice but less so for me, so I suppose this got stronger as it progressed which is chill yeah.
027. Fangoria - 'Momentismo Absoluto' : I quite like this, good tune. I feel I probably want to like it more but like it’s still good.
028. Iggy Azalea - 'Team' : Respect for it like I can see why to some people this is strong, but to me it’s more 50/50 middle of the road. Parts are good though.
029. Jon Batiste - 'I Need You' : For some reason this is just hitting me with like too positive vibes that it makes it kinda corny and not for me; but there are then solid parts to it so like… HMMM. Definitely top half of songs this contest, will it get pointed? I don’t know. Oh and a saxophone, always goes down well. Fine closure though.
1066 days 17 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Shiri Maimon - I do not understand the buzz around this woman I just don’t get it? Nothing she’s done has ever left an impact and yeah this is more of the same. FINE but whatever, will be for other people more than it is for me I guess.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste - Oh hello this is stunning French really IS the language of love. That chorus is stunning I love her voice yeah this is RIGHT up my street as Cheryl would say. Fab and it just kept getting better omg THE LAST PART WAS SO GORGEOUS.
03) The Warning - Yeah I’m just not really as into these rock girlies as I used to be. :/ She’s got a good voice and it’s all very like good I guess but I don’t really CARE. Like I don’t hate it it’s not a bad song and maybe it’ll get points depending on how the week goes but… eh. Whelmed.
04) Carpark North - [20:37:15] alexeh: oh christ
[20:37:16] abittipsy: oh no
[20:37:16] mommie: oh no
That drop was fucking hilarious though like I was expecting it to offend ME and for me to hate it but I didn’t? It was just bad? Like I don’t really feel any emotions it was just bad. Oh I mean the children choir WAS offensive and terrible and I hated THAT but yeah apply the rest of the comment to the rest of the song.
05) Chris Crocker - LMFAO this was terrible but honestly a bop like that chorus went hard. Yeah I lived sorry I can’t make the music not bop.
06) Sigrid - I can’t wait to Davina Michelle this to its 5th place death. I mean this isn’t TERRIBLE I like the verses and pre-chorus but the chorus just feels so flat and uninspired to me and it kills it for me. In a sea of retro/disco/whatever inspired songs it’s easy to get lost and seem average and that’s all this is to me it’s just AVERAGE.
07) Middlemist Red - I didn’t like this much when it was in ESCT 6 months ago and yeah not much has changed sorry to these men. I kiiinda respect it for what it is and there are elements of it that are kinda good but as a whole it’s just not doing it for me, it never has and I don’t think it ever will. <3
08) Brandy - I mean this was also pretty terrible but mom and I kinda stanned how terrible this was in a way it was quite endearing. Good for her.
09) Kim Petras - Once you’ve heard one Kim Petras song you’ve heard them all I fear. This is as fine as most but like all her best songs have been sent by now surely and like as fine as this was it just doesn’t really leave an impact anymore. Bored.
10) Phum Viphurit - This was cute! It’s like really lacking in a melody and structure and the vocals aren’t that great but still it was kinda cute? Idk why I’m gravitating to the actively flawed pieces of music tonight LMFAO but idk I felt what he was going for good for him!
11) Andrea Valle - Hello???? This is literally incredible like I can’t believe it’s taken this long for a genuinely DELICIOUS PIECE OF MUSIC to enter my ears in this Tengaged Song Contest. Gorgeous production all the little touches love the vocal love it ALL.
12) The Dollyrots - This was a pleasant surprise actually maybe TSC made some points! I love that I said I didn’t care for female rock girlies like 9 songs ago and yet here I am stanning this very generic rock girlie LMFAO. It was just a bit of a bop rly good for her I like this kinda rock more than the pop rock I guess!
13) Japanese Breakfast - I love this queen but I can think of at least 2 songs that would’ve been better picks for her. :/ Still pretty cute but yeah this is going for lower points from me whereas other songs would’ve been going for the 12.
14) FAANGS - I tried rly hard not to like this for personal reasons but yeah this was a bop actually, much better than her last entry. Edgy but not TOO edgy like it’s still good food.
15) Avalon Lurks - I get what this is going for but I feel like there was just so much going on with it? It was kinda difficult to follow LMAO. There are some elements that are kinda gorgeous and maybe there’s some potential for this girl to give us a serve in the future but I’m not feeling this song at this time.
16) Sergey Lazarev - I wish this had been submitted when it was first released because I wouldn’t have been here to hear it. You’ll never be Irma Maria.
17) fromis_9 - Weekly solid Kpop bop good for them! I don’t really have any complaints like I wasn’t living but it was just very good and very solid and yeah I enjoyed it. :)
18) Emotional Oranges - I LOOOOOOVE THIS BOPPPPP I had it on my list lined up to send but hadn’t got round to it but BOP. God this is so good it’s just QUALITY and EXCELLENCE we love to see. We need MORE Channel Tres in TSC.
19) Carson Coma - oh HELLO? This was really interesting from the start and then the chorus hit and YEP I was sold this is REALLY good I’m… kinda stunned. It was even better the second time around holy shit YES this is doing it for me SO MUCHHH.
20) Ashnikko - I kinda hold Ashnikko to such a high standard after her early music because like… there were no misses there. What we’ve had since has been a bit meh tho and this feels a bit like that for me. Parts of it were good but it didn’t go the whole way.
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe - I actually really liked the verses like that’s the kinda EDM I go for but it went downhill with the pre-chorus with the LOUD AS HELL PIANO? Yeah that killed this for me not really a fan. Like I didn’t HATE it but there are definitely 10 songs I enjoyed more.
22) Enhypen - ANOTHER SURPRISING BOP IT’S ALMOST LIKE TSC IS GOOD AGAIN!! I lived for this from start to finish what a bop. Really good.
23) Poli Genova - This is really basic LMFAO like it’s not bad it’s just VERY safe and seen before. Gonna be eaten up this week I think sorry to Poli.
24) Ryota - This was really sweet it really worked for me. The build was GORGEOUS and yeah I just really liked this, stands out a lot in this week because we’ve had a lot of like bops and things with gorgeous production but this was so subtle and sweet and yeah it really did it for me GREAT SONG. GORGEOUS I LOVE.
25) David Rees - I support gay rights!! To shut the hell up. <3
26) Luca & Julia - Oh that’s a gorg vocal right off the bat. Production kinda cute too? OH THE CHORUS ALRIGHT. That was sudden but it kinda worked? I didn’t even mind the man I actually really liked this? Bop! Really fun and chill and summery yeah this was really good whoever sent this should’ve messaged them 7 times for a music video I think.
27) Fangoria - This was kinda a bop too? This week is really good LMFAO. It wasn’t like 100% there but it’s another one with really good and interesting production, fun bop. Don’t like the chorus that much but as a whole I quite liked this.
28) Iggy Azalea - LMFAOOOO WHY? I do like Iggy but this has never been a song I’ve really liked that much. Kinda aged better than I was expecting but yeah not rly a fan.
29) Jon Batiste - Ohhhh I respect this a lot but idk how much I like it? Like I don’t DISLIKE it I’m just a bit… unsure? There’s a LOT going on and a lot of it is good and some of it is not as good but yeah I’m quite confused by this, will have to go back to it before voting I think because I think I’m just not in the right frame of mind for this rn.
1066 days 16 hours ago
varlto
01) Shiri Maimon: this woman is VILE!!!!! this song isnt actually OFFENSIVE but it's not for me rlly. im also SHOCKED @darbe said hes shocked i dont like it!?!?!?!? why would i EVER...
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste: AHHHHHHHHHHH I LUUUUUUUV A FRENCH BOP. this is THE language of love everything just sounds SO f*cking good. missimogen is 12ing this and honestly I SHOULD TOO.... this is very very cute i rly like this. maybe not AMAZING but still i enjoy it! im probably gonna get murdered after results cause i see myself ending up 1ing or 2ing it but you know thats FINE. we'll see.
03) The Warning: i was expecting for a lot more like this should be RIGHT UP MY ALLEY... rock GIRLS ARE MY THING WHY ARE YOU RUINING EVERYTHING I LIKE TSC?!?!?!?! WHY?!!??!?!?!? DO YOU WANT TO SEE MY DEATH!!!
04) Carpark North: see i was soooo READY to stan this cause its the basic stuff i usually LIKE but i didnt CLICK with it!! i feel horrible j2999 or lemjam6 i will make up for this next week i promise
05) Chris Crocker: yeah!!!
06) Sigrid: mangrid... you... ATE!!! strangers wishes it was as PROFESSIONAL and WELL PRODUCED as this piece of art. kinda bop kinda bop... idk if this was a clickrace but id TOTALLY get it if it was. bop bop bop BOP!
07) Middlemist Red: alexito you KNOW i LOOOOOVE you but this has aged like milk. it was very okay, interesting, creative if you may at first. but it isnt anymore. its annoying as heelllll now. his voice is BAD. its not BEAUTIFUL. its BAD!
08) Brandy: the meaning of this song is just so powerful and touching and it made me cry today... thanks brandy...
09) Kim Petres: this is CUUUUTE but #teamkesha!! but i cant hide it really i do like this. its better than most of the songs so far
10) Phum Viphurit: i feel like his voice could be better. the song isnt necessarily bad, but its those type of songs that NEED a good voice to them. and this lacks that.
11) Andrea Valle: this is STRONG andrea, VEEERY strong. i was expecting something different for the chorus but im not really mad at it. its very very very pleasant
12) The Dollyrots: mom could scream at me allllllllll day! kinda bop like yeah yeah its the exact type of shit song (which i know is objectively bad...) which i LOOVE
13) Japanese Breakfast: im a biiiiit disappointed by this one :( like i know she has a lot of potential and, actually, very good songs. this one sadly falls into the "ok" category!
14) FAANGS: literally read #13. i feel the same way for this song, its very okay and i dont hate it, but i want a lot more from her because i know she can deliver it
15) Avalon Lurks: this was gooorgeouususususuussu. i WISH the song wasnt titled papi chulo cause thats literally hideous and disgusting but, if we ignore that, i STAN. very strong.
16) Sergey Lazarev: i actually dont dislike this, but i just cant say i like it either. it does feel very out of place, im not sure what to say!!!
17) fromis_9: this is not really good. pretty bad actually. idk what the chorus was? meh
18) Emotional Oranges: hmmmmm i FEEL like this is a song i should be stanning but for some WEIRD reason i cant explain... i dont.
19) Carson Coma: I LOVE THIS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH OUTSOLD THAT MAN MIDDLEMIST RED BY MILES YESSS CARSON COMA DO WHATEVER U NEED TO DO... GO OWFFFF
20) Ashnikko: i have to stan princess nokia like imagine a world where i dont stan her... its a sad deplorable depressing and devastating world...
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe: SICK INDIVIDUALS WISH THEY WERE NERVO & CARLA MONROE!! moms of edm kinda...
22) Enhypen: the listening party was living for this... and im so happy for them! if they find something they love, im happy. proud even.
23) Poli Genova: oh what was THIS mama. this was boring, weak and definitely NOT memorable.
24) Ryota: i sadly didnt enjoy this one!
25) David Rees:Do I have a problem with homosexuals, absolutely not
Do I have a problem with LGBT, absolutely yes, they're provoking
26) Luca & Julia: this was SUPERRR CUTEEE their voices blend PERFECTLYYYY. good.
27) Fangoria: i love alaska. that's it. that's the comment.
28) Iggy Azalea: this was horrible
29) Jon Batiste: and i thought i would LOOOOVE this but i just didnt. idk! pretty ok.
1066 days 11 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Shiri Maimon - Slow winding to this. Not sure it quite reaches subtle BOP territory completely, but enjoyable.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste - Classy French song is classy. I don’t know if I’d necessarily come back to it, but it’s pretty.
03) The Warning - What an AGGRESSIVE song title -- one would think the song would be more aggressive than it is. ^_^ Listenable, but not sure I’d say enjoyable.
04) Carpark North - From the first 20 seconds or so I was pretty certain I was going to dislike this, but I didn’t know I was in store for THAT drop. Eww, Michelle. It goes from an inoffensive sound (that I’m so over) to... that.
05) Chris Crocker - I like Chris Crocker and whenever he comes up I always wish him well, but I can’t say that I’ve heard his music before (have seen him get railed though). ok britney. An experience.
06) Sigrid - I used to be very into Sigrid, but admittedly haven’t listened to her in a hot minute. Oooh, I like this direction for her. The sound has been done better, but like, everyone is doing it so that’s not the huge knock it sounds like. It’s good.
07) Middlemist Red - Have never been a fan of the weird Johnny Cash inspired nightmare verses, but the chorus still slaps.
08) Brandy - I absolutely adore mother Brandy, but I can’t pretend that I didn’t think I’d have to act like I didn’t hate this, but I genuinely didn’t hate it! The lyrics are pretty cringe, but I can’t make the music not bop, sweetie.
09) Kim Petres - stan kim petres. This is fine, but I fear nothing really lives up to her Halloween shit for me.
10) Phum Viphurit - Borderline elevator music production with a vocal I don’t like? I’m good.
11) Andrea Valle - I knew we were getting a slay from the artist/song title/video thumbnail. Just knew. When, it’s right, it’s right. Also, I love her insta bio. https://i.gyazo.com/d7064d745e1351b848c49bf9ee47fca3.png

Owning her imperfections AND using the term jawn??? Literal legend.
12) The Dollyrots - The Warning was actually more my brand of female rock, but something about this had more life to it. It’s iight.
13) Japanese Breakfast - The pros are that it’s short and I like her tone. I’m not going to call the rest of the elements cons because I do respect this, but it didn’t really click for me.
14) FAANGS - Was hoping for a slightly stronger chorus, but I really vibe with this as a whole. Though I genuinely hate the way she says “holy.”
15) Avalon Lurks - If you can manage to catch me not high, ask me how I feel about this song when I’m not under the influence. Because honey, I think this blunt is elevating this so much lmfao. Subtle funky fresh, crazy sexy cool.
16) Sergey Lazarev - Kinda has my toes tapping, but that also could be Restless Leg Syndrome. Who knows? Better than I expected, but not good enough to stand out.
17) fromis_9 - Fine. Bit too sweet for my personal taste.
18) Emotional Oranges - I wish we could have one Channel Tres feature per contest, because he really never misses. Not only does he elevate stuff he’s on, but he like... doesn’t pick bad songs to feature on it seems. Dopeeeeee.
19) Carson Coma - Was unsure how I felt about this and then BAM (you know what happened, you’ve heard the song!). Made the second verse more enjoyable too. Art methinks.
20) Ashnikko - I gave your gf cunnilingus on my couch. :) She cute, kawaii. ^_^

Ashnikko’s lyrics always work for me, regardless of how bad they may seem to the untrained eye. Nokia did it, as per usual. My issue with this is the alarms during the chorus -- it DID make me laugh at first, but it’s so unneeded.
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe - She sounds GOOD. HANDS UP FOR THE DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops hands and walks away disappointed*
22) Enhypen - Oh, this is an absolute banger. Heard that several members are from Morocco.
23) Poli Genova - Generic as all hell, but enjoyable.
24) Ryota - The listening party was reacting to this like it was art, and I guess some people just don’t have an eye for art, because it’s doing nothing for me on second listen too.
25) David Rees - Maybe D*ll*s had a point when they wouldn’t take part in LGBTQ colors week a few years ago. A trendsetter. The sound is light and upbeat, a bit too much for my tastes.
26) Luca & Julia - Singer-songwritery stuff that just has NEVER done it for me. Check the records. The chorus is kinda cute though.
27) Fangoria - She’s a hag of the ***s, right? Very THAT energy from her. I love everything about this -- not the kind of vocal that I’m used to from this kind of production. A slay.
28) Iggy Azalea - The pros? She has much worse! #TeamPositivity
29) Jon Batiste - It’s SO close to getting to the point where it’s cheesy for me, but right when it does he breaks out the spoken word rappy bit and I’m back in. There’s a chance I could end up hating this song with time because of the happiness level.
1066 days 11 hours ago
RedFabFoxy
01) Shiri Maimon - 'Tipa'
Honestly this started out kind of "basic" and I thought it would chase the recent reggaeton trend, but this was quite the pleasant listen! I like the playfulness and the beat.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste - 'Faux amours'
This song is quite intricate and it's not a love at first listen, but I can tell this is a grower. She blends a little bit of "bossa nova" with a modernized slower "disco" approach, and I can definitely appreciate that.
03) The Warning - 'CHOKE'
If I have to be honest, this actually started out kind of weak, but it's ANOTHER grower! The chorus is really the pinnacle of the song, I enjoyed the rise and the strength in her vocals, without it being overdone. But I do feel like the verses are a bit unmemorable.
04) Carpark North - 'When We Were Kids'
I feel like this is quite an... Avicii-like song. Albeit rather basic EDM-pop, it does offer some catchy/cool beats here and there.
05) Chris Crocker - 'Freak of Nature'
... I think Chris Crocker should stick to doing what he does best - Britney memes and p*rnography. This is ABSOLUTELY dated and not pleasant at all.. Not even a guilty pleasure. A guilty skip.
06) Sigrid - 'Mirror'
Ah yes, a VERY solid bop we have here! Makes me want to actually get into Sigrid a bit more. This could kind of be even Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa's little sister sonically, which I adore!
07) Middlemist Red - 'Blue Moon'
I can actually REALLY appreciate this, I like how it's arranged. I love the backing vocals, I love the grit, I love the vibe. The instrumentation is also everything!
08) Brandy - 'Starting Now'
Oh wow, I didn't know miss Brandy was still popping! Honestly this song is so funny because of all the disney references LOL. But I can appreciate it for what it is - a little cheesy but I like the afrobeat here!
09) Kim Petras - 'Do Me'
Ugh... This instrumental was actually really good but her vocals annoy me! Maybe it'll have to sit on me and become a guilty pleasure, but I'm not into these basic pop lyrics or her voice.
10) Phum Viphurit - 'Lover Boy'
Hmm, I was actually really hoping this would go somewhere, but it didn't really... His voice is quite dry and boring, and the song isn't anything memorable to me.
11) Andrea Valle - 'Lovergirl'
Honestly this is an acquired taste I feel like, especially her vocal delivery, but I personally LOVE this. She gives me techno/deep house but with a more chill/non-pop vocal delivery. I love this beat and its build too, it's a full on vibe! And spice it up with some horns in the end too!!
12) The Dollyrots - 'Animal'
This is kind of a cute fun time, I like the lyrics and the "nostalgic" punk rock feel! What I'm not sure of yet if it has any replay value though.
13) Japanese Breakfast - 'Savage Good Boy'
Alright, we have a quirky one here... I do not like the vocal effects at ALL. Everything else to me falls flat too, I'm not captivated by anything really...
14) FAANGS - 'Relapse'
Apart from the INTERESTING visuals this song has, I actually like the song itself a lot! Her vocal style is a bit muffled, with a lazy diction, but I don't mind it because it fits the song, and I love this beat for sure.
15) Avalon Lurks - 'Papi Chulo'
I honestly did not expect anything like this, and I'm impressed actually! I'm really digging this kind of retro style with an interesting beat. And I absolutely love her vocals, smooth, airy but prominent. A very memorable entry and a fresh sound for my ears!
16) Sergey Lazarev - '7 digits'
Hehe russian father... Um, anyway! This is a cute pop-rock number. It's not something OUTSTANDING though, but it's by no means bad.
17) fromis_9 - 'Feel Good'
I'm not a k-pop hater (in fact I love some disbanded groups), but this is TOO basic k-pop for me. It's nothing interesting or new for me, not sonically, not vocally, I'm just not impressed.
18) Emotional Oranges - 'All That (Ft. Channel Tres)'
I LOVE love love this instrumentation. It's very bassy and I love that guitar. The song in general is actually quite smooth, I expected some big chorus or drop or something, but I actually don't mind this at all... Very smooth and groovy!
19) Carson Coma - 'Pok'
Ok I did NOT expect to hear a hungarian song today! But wow, this is a cool song! It's quite rocky but in a different/not-your-typical rock. I love the chorus, it's so GRAND and in your face. Honestly they kind of went off with that guitar too!!
20) Ashnikko - 'Slumber Party (ft. Princess Nokia)'
This song is quite racy LOL. I'm not a fan of Ashnikko's voice or lyrics at ALL, it's very juvenile and dirty but in a weird way. Princess Nokia however did GREAT, I loved her verse. The beat is interesting but it's quite quirky and sleazy, I'm kind of not a fan.
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe - 'Gotta Be You'
Hmm. Kind of basic methinks? This sounds like something they'd play on the radio over here - especially the radio that's obsessed with these club/house inspired songs. Yeah, not big on this either.
22) Enhypen - 'Drunk-Dazed'
Well, I found the superior k-pop song! As much as I'm more negative towards boy groups, this one actually has a nice bassy instrumental and even some cool background vocals! And I like the melodies overall too!
23) Poli Genova - 'How We End Up'
Ayyy, it's Poli! #BulgarianRepresentation I've actually never been THAT big on her, but this song is not bad! I'm pretty sure I've actually heard it on our local radio LOL. I like the beat, and the song overall grows on you the more you hear it. I do wish she belted or projected more in general though!
24) Ryota - 'A Sky Full of Stars'
Ooh, some chinese! I saw y'all robbed queen Jolin last season smh... Anyway, this song is interesting, it's quite slow but I can appreciate the artistry behind it. Sadly, I don't think it has much replay value.
25) David Rees - 'Me gusta un chico'
Aw, this guy almost reminds me of a spanish Troye Sivan. I DO feel like the song is a bit cheesy though, and actually more 2011-sounding rather than 2021 for some reason? Also, I'm not a big fan of his vocals... Cute message though x
26) Luca & Julia - 'Mad (ft. The Wonderlands)'
Interesting! I like this a lot, it's very groovy and I LOVE their vocals actually. The melody is nice and I love the production.
27) Fangoria - 'Momentismo Absoluto'
Honestly I love this production a lot, but the vocals give me very... "local campy" LOL, like it's a very particular vocal style. A bit like, the old-school gay anthems.
28) Iggy Azalea - 'Team'
Oh we love this bop, we do. Underrated, I think she snapped with this one. I love her flow, and the BOLD production is amazing. If only this was bigger!
29) Jon Batiste - 'I Need You'
I REALLY cringed listening to this while watching that video... I don't know, I can appreciate an old-school approach, but this was very showtune/cheesy for me, it's too much for me.
1066 days 2 hours ago
Darbe
01) Shiri Maimon - I know this artist, she has a good ESC song called Hasheket Shenish’ar! This was okay.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste - This feels very sophisticated which I appreciate. I like this song, it’s classy.
03) The Warning - This style of rock just sounds really flat to me. There’s just no punch or edge behind it.
04) Carpark North - It almost feels as if Carpark North listened to all of Nateprensell’s favourite musicians and tried to create a song that blends all of their differing sounds together, which ultimately led to the song sounding incohesive. Not a bad song necessarily but not good either.
05) Chris Crocker - Why does the chorus sound like it was HEAVILY inspired by Lace and Leather by Britney? In fact, it probably was.
06) Sigrid - I like Sigrid and this retro style suits her really well. I love the post-chorus part particularly.
07) Middlemist Red - I feel like I would enjoy this vocal on a more haunting track, here it’s a bit mismatched.
08) Brandy - As others have pointed out, it’s kind of bad objectively but it’s weirdly endearing with the afrobeat.
09) Kim PetrEs - I found the lyrics a bit off-putting personally. Sonically it was decent actually but it’s not hugely distinctive in her music catalogue.
10) Phum Viphurit - Does this song even have a melody? It just seems to miss what it’s going for in my opinion.
11) Andrea Valle - The visuals are gorgeous. The song itself does get better with each listen I’ll admit, even if it does still seem a bit messy. It’s got an expensive quality to it.
12) The Dollyrots - The video definitely feels misplaced, but the song itself has a nice 90s rock feel to it.
13) Japanese Breakfast - This is a nice little indie moment. Once again, not hugely exciting but it was pleasant.
14) FAANGS - This was a cool listen, feels vibey but accessible. I like the production on the song.
15) Avalon Lurks - Definitely appreciate this more on my relisten. This also feels classy but has a bit of a sultry vibe too, I like this.
16) Sergey Lazarev - I know this artist, he has a good ESC song called You Are The Only One! This was okay.
17) fromis_9 - It was okay. Nothing particularly wrong with it but nothing exciting either and a bit too detached from my tastes to make waves for me this week.
18) Emotional Oranges - Channel Tres can save any track I’ve noticed. Not obsessed with the song necessarily but it’s decent and he’s great.
19) Carson Coma - I absolutely love this. That chorus just hits so hard for me. Very good indeed.
20) Ashnikko - Went in with low expectations and this somehow managed to be even worse than I anticipated. It’s just so horrid.
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe - The impact of Sick Individuals. This was ‘basic’ but it was a nice breezy listen so I enjoyed it.
22) Enhypen - Really good song! The chorus has a dark vibe in the production which I particularly like.
23) Poli Genova - I know this artist, she has a good ESC song called If Love Was A Crime! This was okay.
24) Ryota - While I didn’t care for the majority of this song, the bridge was really quite gorgeous and I really respect the artistry there. That part does hit.
25) David Rees - I surprisingly like this song! Don’t usually enjoy this OTT cheap happy stuff but perhaps the song’s Netflix type of concept lets me embrace this one more.
26) Luca & Julia - Two happy songs in a row that I actually… enjoy?  I’m very confused. Anyway, this feels very summer 2004, it’s so pleasant.
27) Fangoria - Decent production and far from being a bad song but it’s perhaps a bit too gimmicky for me to fully care either way.
28) Iggy Azalea - Definitely not her worst song. Never cared for the post-chorus part though.
29) Jon Batiste - Bit of a mixed bag for me. The verses are really cool but the chorus is perhaps a bit too cheerful for my liking. We’ll see how I feel as the week progresses.
1066 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
01) Shiri Maimon - How many Palestinian children did she personally murder while serving in the IDF? I really wanted to like this, but it comes off as sounding trite. Very pedestrian.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste - You can rarely go wrong with French but I'm like... not crazy about this. The melody is pretty forgettable, and it's lacking a hook. I appreciate the bridge, but I wouldn't remember anything about the song 27 songs from now.
03) The Warning - Dull start, but I appreciated this a lot more once the instruments kicked in. I'm not crazy for her voice and when I think about it I'm not particularly keen on the song either. The only thing I like about it are the short instrumental bits.
04) Carpark North - I'm going to be dragged for this but I've always liked this song. It's VERY OneRepublic, but I don't hate it. I will say that they have better songs that are perhaps also more TSC-friendly (ie. Unbreakable, 32). Had this been my first time hearing this I might have had a conflicting opinion, but the song has had enough time to grow on me. Bop!
05) Chris Crocker - It's obviously awful, but also catchy as fuck. Yeah, I can't even deny this messy bop.
06) Sigrid - MØ, Agnes, and this chick have all released new songs recently and you choose to submit the worst one, congrats. It's still a quality Scandi-pop dance track, but I'm less keen on songs like this over time unless they hit REALLY hard. The chorus is undeniably a vibe, but it takes a little too long to get going. Still a good song and objectively a toot.
07) Middlemist Red - Hungary!? HUNgary!? I know you're running out of songs to send, Alex, but there's another Hungarian song in this weeks lineup that is MILES AHEAD of this and that would certainly get you showered with points in ESCT. I'm still torn on this - I hate his voice, but the chorus is a banger.
08) Brandy - Honestly, I get it. I completely get it. This infectious bop feels so nostalgic yet so current. Meaningful lyrics. Interesting inclusion of an afro-beat. I absolutely adore this. Go girl give us EVERYTHING!
09) Kim Petres - Sorry, but I don't support the LGBT. I haven't heard this yet but it sounds vaguely familiar. It's a pretty basic pop song, but the chorus is strong which makes me think the song is more memorable than it probably deserves credit for. Not bad, but I'm not gagged either.
10) Phum Viphurit - I don't really get this. Like others have pointed out the structure is pretty messy. Nothing about this was particularly memorable to me. It also drags on forever.
11) Andrea Valle - FINALLY SOME GOOD FUCKING FOOD. The visuals, the vocal, the production - everything about this is GORGEOUS. I wish the chorus was slightly stronger, but this is near perfection. The repetitious post-chorus is magical. THE BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!! My heart almost stopped beating while listening to this. Thank you.
12) The Dollyrots - Not for me I'm afraid. Not much to say about this.
13) Japanese Breakfast - I've listened to some songs of theirs but I honestly don't remember which ones. This is quite good. The instrumental is lovely. I think the short length also does it a favour because it prevents the song from ever dragging. Nice.
14) FAANGS - I was expecting this to get dragged much like her last entry (which I liked), but this is obviously much more TSC-friendly. It sounds like the type of song that would regularly win in 2015-16. The chorus is a tad disappointing, but the songs builds well throughout. The production is stellar. A potential winner, I reckon.
15) Avalon Lurks - I really like this for about the first minute but it starts to drag after that. Not crazy for the song, but I appreciate the vibe a lot. It's cool.
16) Sergey Lazarev - I don't HATE this but I can't imagine pointing it. It's pretty dated, but the chorus is irritatingly catchy.
17) fromis_9 - It's not the best thing I've ever listened to, but it's a cute Kpop track. The post-chorus grabs my attention each time the song starts to drag. Not bad.
18) Emotional Oranges - I'm only here for Channel Tres. I love that they gave my dad the entire second verse because he absolutely killed it. I *think* I would have liked this regardless, but Channel's vocal elevates it to another level.
19) Carson Coma - I thought I was going to hate this but IT'S A BOP!!!!!! I'm not crazy for the verses, but the chorus is INCREDIBLE. Absolute banger. Can someone turn that UP?
20) Ashnikko - Another song I thought I was going to hate but which I don't. This isn't as jarring as I expected. At first I thought the constant ringing in the back was irritating but I think it adds the song a lot of charm LMAO. Princess Nokia also killed her verse and I WILL be looking up her solo work after this. Incredible.
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe - I was feeling this until the disappointing drop. It's better than a certain EDM song from last week, but only marginally.
22) Enhypen - I've been fed. I didn't know what to expect from this but IT'S A BOP!!!!!!!! The drop absolutely slayed me, revived me, and then slayed me again. I will be streaming this legendaric banger for weeks to come. I can't put into words how much this goes off. I love men!
23) Poli Genova - I considered submitting this last summer. It's basic as hell, but enjoyable despite that. I think she's come out with better since (Last Night). This will get eaten up this week, but I like it.
24) Ryota - This is lovely, isn't it? I wasn't crazy for the vocal on first listen but it's certainly a grower. The instrumental bridge is an absolute MOMENT. I think this must win TSC by a landslide.
25) David Rees - This strongly made me consider committing a hate crime. Appalling video. I hate gay people.
26) Luca & Julia - There's something about brother-sister recording artist duos that tickle me. This took a while to get going, but once it did I was enjoying it. I don't think I would revisit this, but it's decent. The chorus is REALLY strong.
27) Fangoria - I love the electronic production to this. It reminds me of the Ladilla Rusa song from a couple months ago. I'm less convinced by the chorus, but the song is a lot more enjoyable than I expected.
28) Iggy Azalea - The Charli song from a few weeks ago fit this niche better. This was bad.
29) Jon Batiste - I'm SO torn on this. I despise the verses, but the rap chorus is SO GOOD!!!! I only realistically like about 30% of the song, but that 30% is simply amazing. Sadly I don't care for the Charleston swing verses. Not a bad ending to the contest - it's joyful.
1065 days 8 hours ago
1001games
Shiri Maimon: I really do love my Israeli pop and thus is why I love this song!

Julia Jean-Baptiste: This had a real nice chill vibe to it so yeah it was quite good.

The Warning: Ouch my ears but in a good way! I like this type of rock and being all female makes it better.

Carpark North: This sounds like a bunch of other songs out there but this wasnt too terrible.

Chris Crocker: Well that ruins the streak of good songs. Bye.

Sigrid: Okay I really liked this but it felt short! Like I wanted more.

Middlemist Red: Ehhhh. It was okay but not as good as the others thus far.

Brandy: I didnt really care for this unfortunately.

Kim Petres: Also didnt care for this. Just didnt do much for me.

Phum Viphurit: Cute song for sure but idk how it’ll compare to the others.

Andrea Valle: Very weird and boring. I didnt like it. Sorry.

The Dollyrots: Sounded like The Warning but 10x better! This was great!

Japanese Breakfast: Interesting song but this had a unique voice which I liked!

FAANGS: Too much pop for me so its gonna be a big no for today.

Avalon Lurks: Eh idk about this. It was good and bad at the same time so like idk.

Sergey Lazarev: This grabbed my interest at the very start and I enjoyed this a lot! Great job!

fromis_9: For some reason I have a hard time getting into all female bands like this. So unfortunately I didnt care for it.

Emotional Oranges: Terrible. Never show this to me again.

Carson Coma: Little weird for sure but didn't sound bad. Definitely had some good moments in there.

Ashnikko: Definetly an interesting song but definitely not the best this week so far.

Nervo & Carla Monroe: Really got me grooving with this song. Didnt expect to like it that much but that changed quickly!

Enhypen: Gross K-pop. Big no from me.

Poli Genova: Definetly could’ve been better but this was quite average I believe.

Ryota: Kinda put me to sleep and there really wasnt much to the song.

David Rees: Good song for pride month I suppose. However I just didn't care for it that much.

Luca & Julia: When it started off I was like “Yes this is gonna be awesome!” however once the chorus came it kinda changed. Like it was good but not amazing as I thought it was going to be.

Fangoria: This definetly woke me up. This was super catchy and upbeat! Great job!

Iggy Azalea: Iggy has some bops but this just wasn’t it compared to her others.

Jon Batiste: I love Jon Batiste! Great upcoming artist and this is defiantly one of my favorites from him!
1065 days 3 hours ago
bibbles
01) Shiri Maimon – not doing it for me.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste – Very 70s, very K-Tel!!
03) The Warning – that was okay for a female rock band.
04) Carpark North – it was okay, a bit clubby in places.
05) Chris Crocker – that was….. not for me!
06) Sigrid – its okay, pleasant enough, not awful!
07) Middlemist Red – that’s a deep voice! This was okay. Like the guitars.
08) Brandy – its okay, a bit beige!
09) Kim Petres – Next!!!!!!
10) Phum Viphurit - more 70s/80s vibe, it was okay!
11) Andrea Valle – lover boy won the battle of lovers!
12) The Dollyrots – another female rock singer. The first one was better.
13) Japanese Breakfast – couldn’t wait for it to finish!
14) FAANGS -  not a fan of this style of singing.
15) Avalon Lurks – not for me!
16) Sergey Lazarev – very Eurovision, it was okay.
17) fromis_9 – bit twee in places, it was okay.
18) Emotional Oranges – its okay, verging on coffee lounge.
19) Carson Coma – that was weird!!
20) Ashnikko – it was awful without the swearing!
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe- a bit repetitive!
22) Enhypen – well, that was good!
23) Poli Genova – she a bit nasally!
24) Ryota – a bit slow for me, didn’t really go anywhere.
25) David Rees – it was okay, a bit tweeish.
26) Luca & Julia – a bit too twee coffee lounge!
27) Fangoria – some bits were okay, some were annoying.
28) Iggy Azalea – has hell frozen over yet!
29) Jon Batiste – not my sort of thing.
1063 days 21 hours ago
chris2pei
01) Shiri Maimon - Not bad for opening this final. I just dunno what to feel but the chorus was a bit catchy.
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste - OK, the first part bores me like French isn't my thing at all. However, the second part was kind of redeeming, and the chorus part is interesting!
03) The Warning - YASSS QUEENS!!!
04) Carpark North - Sorry but this is dull, DULLLLLLL
05) Chris Crocker - HAPPY PRIDE MONTH FELLAS
06) Sigrid - I knew this will be entered this week so I didn't try to wake up early (yes, I'm from another side of the world) to join that damn click race. This will prolly be in top 5. Sigrid always delivered very well!!!
07) Middlemist Red - I think I heard this from ESCT if I remember and didn't give any points. :p
08) Brandy - This theme song is fitting for the Miss Universe swimsuit competition. #WomenEmpowerment
09) Kim Petras - Why this bop took time to entered. This still earned some points for sure!
10) Phum Viphurit -  This immediately grew on me like this song is great for chilling out.
11) Andrea Valle - OK, what was that again?
12) The Dollyrots - I just didn't get that vibes but good job for the effort.
13) Japanese Breakfast - Oh that was quick, what just happened?
14) FAANGS - I want to like this but there are better entries but we'll see :)
15) Avalon Lurks - At first hearing, I was like "this is messy" but listening again I'm getting now the retro vibes throughout and this is just unusual so I might consider this.
16) Sergey Lazarev - Russia, you received nada points. Ur trying to be a rockstar and I just don't get it, soz.
17) fromis_9 - I think this is better than the kpop girls that won last week.
18) Emotional Oranges - This is ok, kind of forgettable though :(
19) Carson Coma - After those women rockers, these are the second band slap me in this final. Well done!
20) Ashnikko - Kawaii!! <333 I'll like this more if this becomes fast pace, the sounding is dreary for me.
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe - Liking the vocals but the production is so cliche.
22) Enhypen - Kyaaaaaaa oppa saranghaeyo!!!!!!!
23) Poli Genova - You killed it softly my girl, I'm a bit pleased with this. 
24) Ryota - Nah, not for me. Duìbùqǐilovetosing.
25) David Rees - Not that bad, sounding gives me 2000ish vibes but on the other hand, the lyrics were appealing.
26) Luca & Julia - Very nice, loving the loungy relaxing vibes, perfect duet, I'm am amused!
27) Fangoria - Finally an exciting interesting act for the second half, I am stoked!
28) Iggy Azalea - She serves af!
29) Jon Batiste - I like jazz so I was entertained by this.
1063 days 6 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Shiri Maimon – Oh I’m liking this ethnic sounding song that becomes very infectious to listen along to
02) Julia Jean-Baptiste – Her voice is such a bore and the rest of this song doesn’t go anyway as I would rather sleep
03) The Warning – These girls are bringing all the energy into this and I’m living for it being an experience
04) Carpark North – This was very promising at the start with his vocals but that chorus is just an almighty mess
05) Chris Crocker – Already I hate this with his vocals being annoying as hell and the music being so obnoxious
06) Sigrid – This is an alright pop song that get me grooving but I would like to see the singer put more energy into it
07) Middlemist Red – I find this song sounding very old fashioned and it just starts to grate on me with his singing
08) Brandy – Oh my this is very bland and how does she make a song so boring to listen through as I can’t deal with its blandness
09) Kim Petres – Is this really it because it looks like she has gone downhill very quickly with the music being a mess
10) Phum Viphurit – This has got a nice calming beat that has me swaying along but after time it does start to get old
11) Andrea Valle – Her singing is plain awful like she isn’t even trying one bit and what is this music as this is just so terrible
12) The Dollyrots – Now this is what you cool a great jam as the singer is frankly killing it with that voice being so good
13) Japanese Breakfast – Those backing vocals are really annoying and the music isn’t any better as there is nothing good about this one
14) FAANGS – Looks like I’ve become addictive to this song with those rich vocals sending me and it’s got a great modern beat
15) Avalon Lurks – I hate her vocals and I’m standing by that claim with them being lazy while the music is just so repetitive
16) Sergey Lazarev – He’s got good vocals and that is really not surprising at all and I enjoy this song being such a good pop anthem
17) fromis_9 – They are putting so much into this and I’m all in as I love their fun energy and that funky music
18) Emotional Oranges – Jesus how boring can you make a song with the singers not giving anything that just drives me crazy
19) Carson Coma – This feels like a fever dream and I’m not really liking it as his vocals are graining and the music don’t do it
20) Ashnikko – Now this is what you call a nightmare I want to wake up from with those vocals sounding out of tune
21) Nervo & Carla Monroe – I can see that they are trying to bring a dance track here but it is sadly flat on arrival
22) Enhypen – The music is just a huge mess and the singers here don’t keep me here as I’m more likely to move on to the next song
23) Poli Genova – The music is very nice to listen to but her vocals are missing something to stand out with it being flat
24) Ryota – Oh they are going to the emotional route but this fails at that as the song is more like a lullaby that no one wants to listen to
25) David Rees – The music is actually lit with its dance potential but something feels iffy about his vocals that don’t gel here
26) Luca & Julia – This is not what I want to hear right now as it is boring as hell with those draining vocals
27) Fangoria – I like the energetic atmosphere the song is bringing being so techno and full of life as this gets me grooving for more
28) Iggy Azalea – Is she really still a thing because this song shows that she can’t sing to save her career
29) Jon Batiste – This is a good feel song that got me clapping along and I like that jazz sound and this is so charming

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!