This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 429 Final

Topic » TSC 429 Final

1183 days 21 hours ago
onemanarmy
Battle Round #7

Dr. Peacock - Trip to Valhalla VS Sam Creighton - Smile

Dr. Peacock - From it's start I thought this would be similar to something The Hu would do and thought I'd love it but then that extremely horrendous rave music kicked in and ruined it. This only gave me a headache.

Sam Creighton - I like her voice, this probably won't make my best of at the end of the year but for the moment I'm entertained by it.

The winner of this battle round is Sam Creighton. Congratulations Sam you've made my top 12, unfortunately that means Dr. Peacock you have been cancelled.

Battle Round #8

Alina Pash - BOSORKANYA VS sød ven - comatose

Alina Pash - I'm not overly keen on her rapping but everything Else was great, if you take the voices of Dr. Peacock with this production and her vocals as a ft., minus her rapping and minus the doc's horrendous rave music I'd have myself a masterpiece.

sød ven - Though there is something about it I can appreciate it's very vague and doesn't overcome how sleep inducing this is. I could deal with the production if the vocals had life to them but they just don't.

The winner of this round is Alina Pash/ Congratulations Alina you've made my top 12, unfortunately that means sød ven you have been cancelled.
1183 days 20 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Apollo Love – I wasn’t expecting much but then I ended up really enjoying this haha
02) Madison Beer -  safe pop girly of the week. Yes this will qualify and yes Alexeh will shout about it.
03) THE BLOSSOM  The camera work made me feel nauseous haha, song itself is fine but I doubt I’m going to come back to this haha
04) Eivør - magical and beautiful. I love her music and this is no different.
05) Meg Myers – Well I wasn’t expecting this, I actually enjoyed this hot mess.
06) Jake Bugg – A pleasant surprise, I like this direction of his music. This is probably the first song by him that I really enjoyed.
07) Faouzia & John Legend - very high quality, I like unusual collabs like this and this is pretty sublime.
08) Kota Banks – No thanks, I didn’t enjoy the rapping parts. At least she likes pasta.
09) Aitana – Hello early 2000s music. Yeah not for me, but I hope Alvaro gets his life to this.
10) D'allant - pretty vocals. Enjoyable.
11) Stark - I mean this sounds good
12) BUNT. - I didn't like the screechy chorus or the avicii trumpets but it's ok.
13) Chairlift – Well this was a mess, that vocal did make me recoil at one point.
14) TRAMP STAMPS – I didn’t have high hopesx from an act named this, so this was a pleasant surprise. It’s fine, I didn’t like the edited vocals.
15) sød ven - quite magical, I didn't like the effects on his voice but I do like the song in general.
16) Alina Pash - well at least it's interesting! well at least it's interesting!
17) Joey Yung - I really disliked the harmonica. Her vocal is pretty but the instrumentation was a big no.
18) Sam Creighton – Very solid, I loved the part where she really belts it out. Very very very good. :)
19) Against The Current – Well this was something? Yeah it’s fine, but honestly it was a little exhausting listen to this but it’s fine.
20) Larkins – This is fine too. At least there is a nice new song for Bibbles in this final as I knew she was semi 1. I didn’t like the guitar riff at points but it’s good.
21) Allison Ponthier - well this was underwhelming. It's fine.
22) Ulrikke - any reason why they submitted the live version where she screeches?  The song itself is fine.
23) Dr. Peacock - Dallas getting his life. I liked the vocal. The weird sped up dance moment was odd though...
1183 days 19 hours ago
onemanarmy
Battle Round #9

Allison Ponthier - Cowboy VS Aitana - 11 RAZONES

Allison Ponthier - Hardly the worse I've heard but not something I can connect with, just wasn't entertained by it.

Aitana -It's sort of generic sound wise but it being done in a foreign language makes it it's own and I was rather entertained by it.

The winner of this round is Aitana. Congratulations Aitana you've made my top 12, unfortunately that means Allison Ponthier you have been cancelled

Battle Round #10

Stark - Trumpets VS Madison Beer - Blue

Stark - Something I really enjoy about it yet I do feel that it could of been more, I was able to connect with it so that's the important thing.

Madison Beer - This chick does nothing for me, never has and likely never will.

The winner of this round is Stark. Congratulations Stark you've made my top 12, unfortunately that means Madison Beer you have been cancelled.
1183 days 19 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Apollo Love - a really fun, eccentric start to this contest and something I see myself remembering down the road
02) Madison Beer - this is the last kind of song I expected her to make LOL but I still like it
03) THE BLOSSOM - I was not interested in this at the slightest
04) Eivør - cool beat but idk I just didn't want vocals like this but I got them
05) Meg Myers - I wish the chorus had more to it, I loved everything leading up to it and but it confused me… hate when a song doesn't deliver on its potential. But it got better after the second verse. Idk maybe it's a song I need to listen to like 3 more times to understand
06) Jake Bugg - it's pretty standard indie pop from men, right? I can say I didn't mind this. Could it have been more catchy? Absolutely
07) Faouzia & John Legend - never wanted to see this combination of people make music together but this was like absolutely average in every way
08) Kota Banks - what the fuck LMAO I can't tell if this is a good song or just funny but either way it found a way to be memorable so thank you…
09) Aitana - very cute spanish pop and I love this 2007 avril lavigne vibe she is seving
10) D'allant - it falls in the mid-tier category where it has appeal to some and is completely forgotten by others. I see its appeal but there are other entries here that took more risks that I appreciated
11) Stark - within the first few seconds I knew I would love this. It didn't peak as much as I wanted it to but I'm sure this will do well
12) BUNT. - something very familiar about this sound but I won't complain too much after a very quiet, all over the place round of songs
13) Chairlift - I can't help but think of Beth and Nehemiah and not about this song really
14) TRAMP STAMPS - funny noise that honestly makes me nostalgic for public school… but this is also kind of annoying like her naggy voice really gets to me in the verses and I just want to fast forward to the chorus
15) sød ven - noise I put on and forgot I was listening to a song I'm over it
16) Alina Pash - kind of an irresistible beat
17) Joey Yung - odd and unusual and yet boring at the same time
18) Sam Creighton - fuck this is catchy and irresistible… songs like this are my weakness
19) Against The Current - maybe it's my hangover and general sleepiness from today but this was not my vibe… no red for me please
20) Larkins - cool lyrics but I didn't care about the melody at all
21) Allison Ponthier - for a song about cowboys I wish this was a little more lively…
22) Ulrikke - I want to hate that she was sent but this is a cute club bop. I guess she made a bop two years in a row, but (not to compare it to but I can't help it) attention is soooo much better. It will prob get lost in the dust
23) Dr. Peacock - honestly if KEiiNO tried something like this I would respect them more instead they opt for the same song every release. As for this song itself it was a fucking mess and a half and I loved it
1183 days 19 hours ago
onemanarmy
Battle Round #11

Apollo Love - 4AM VS Ulrikke - Falling Apart

Apollo Love - This isn't a favorite but it has something, I just found his voice a bit off putting.

Ulrikke - This is sooooooooooooooo So What? Like the production is so generic and unappealing, her voice is nice enough but like this song's existence just feels so pointless.

The Winner of this battle round is Apollo Love. Congratulations Apollo you've made my top 12, unfortunately that means Ulrikke you have been cancelled.

Battle Round #12

Kota Banks - Italiana VS Daria Reczek - Nie Polubisz Mnie

Kota Banks - I don't loath it but that chorus is so corny

Daria Reczek - Such a good voice and enjoyable production, the whole package is great.

The winner of this battle round is Daria Reczek. Congratulations Daria Reczek you have made my....wait hold up what? This didn't qualify? Looks like Kota is moving on to my top 12 by default.
1183 days 19 hours ago
turkeylover
Trippple Nippples were so robbed! And so was canadian pop princess Jessy Lanza ! but the biggest robbery was Kiara Jones!!!!!!!! What the actual fuck was up with that????

Anyways, Jackson going on about his heat, neat, or beat thing inspired me to bring back Turkey or Tofurky. Yeah. So enjoy.

01) Apollo Love - Turkey - Honestly? This has gotten so much better since the semi like he’s serving ! Idk if this is oddly specific or not but like this sounds like the gay couple from Elite. Yeah. It makes sense.

02) Madison Beer - Turkey - The Semi 1 voters did one (1) thing right and it was getting this to qualify. People are so blinded by their hatred for their 100% democratic queen of pop, Lana Del Rey, that they can’t recognize that song is an absolute serve. And I am so glad that this was sent instead of b*ysh*t. Like boyshit is just okay. Blue is so much better. I love a good unreleased lana song. And like yeah, every single unreleased lana song is way better than this but I’m still living for this. Yeah. Also, how dare the fanmade music video spoil this movie for me??? Yeah. Anyways. BOP!

03) THE BLOSSOM - Tofurky? - I was kinda living for this in the semi but now it’s so…. Yeah. Like it sounds like a straight cis woman unironically saying “I do it for the girls, the gays, and the theys.” Yeah.

04) Eivør - Tofurky. - This is so bad. And so boring. I hate it. Trip Nips and Kiara Jones died for this?????? Really???? I mean, I’m not shocked. But still. I’m so bored… like… ugh.

05) Meg Myers - Turkey? - I have mixed feelings on this song. I feel like I should hate it but it kinda serves?? I absolutely love the instrumental but like yeah… I’m kinda shocked it didn’t die in the semi!

06) Jake Bugg - Tofurky. - Canadian pop princess, Jessy Lanza, really died so this [REDACTED] can make it??? Yeah. His voice is so annoying and punchable. I can’t stand him. So, I watched The Craft: Legacy earlier today and like this feels like something that gross mediocre man, Timmy, would listen to. And I’m still mad that we learn about his backstory but when it comes to the 3 other girls in the group, it’s crickets??? The writers are so evil for that.

07) Faouzia & John Legend - Tofurky. - This song makes me physically ill. I just know whoever sent this is responsible for Kiara’s robbery. And they WILL pay for their crimes Sunday.

08) Kota Banks - Turkey - LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yeah. Invented Italy. Invented Little Italy (2018) starring Emma Roberts. Yeah.

09) Aitana - Turkey - I say this all the time and stuff but I do mean it. I WILL always have time for 2000s pop rock !!! Yeah. This is so good. Ugh.

10) D'allant - Turkey - I remember stanning this in the listening party…. Like bop! Yeah. This is so dreamy and upbeat. Yeah this sounds like neon colors and clouds. If that makes sense.

11) Stark - Turkey but also Tofurky - Yes Ginny & Georgia soundtrack! This is cute but also kinda boring. And like the trumpets aren’t even used that good. I wish this was more innovative or something! I’m kinda bored.

12) BUNT. - Tofurky - No. Absolutely not.

13) Chairlift - Turkey? - Yeah it’s cute but it sounds like a random song you’ll see on the pc music youtube page and you’ll listen to it once and be like “wow that was cute” and then you literally never think of it again.

14) TRAMP STAMPS - Turkey - Yes Nasty Cherry!!!! No but this song has actually gotten so much since the semi like… yeah. I really like it! At first, it was cute. But now it’s pretty. Yeah. I really like this. Okay now I love this.

15) sød ven - Turkey - I don’t think I liked this in the listening party but now I do? It’s actually good! Yeah! So like good for him. It feels like a road trip but one of those ones from some boring movie that I would probably give 5 stars to on letterboxd. Yeah.

16) Alina Pash - Turkey - She wants what Suzi Wu has. Yeah. This is good though! I like it. It sounds so witchy. Speaking of witchy, The Craft: Legacy was a flop! Anyways, this is really cute and stuff! Yeah!

17) Joey Yung - Turkey - This is cute! It reminds me of In The Mood For Love and I still need to finish that!!! Olympia if you see this, I am so sorry bestie!!! I’ll finish it tomorrow and stuff!!! Anyways, this is so swanky. Yeah. Swanky is my new fave word. Swanky.

18) Sam Creighton - Turkey - honestly? This served. Yeah bop! Ate that man up. Queen etc. And this has gotten so much better since the semi. Ugh her serve!

19) Against The Current - Turkey - omg i love this paramore knockoff! Yeah! This is very cute! It makes me want to listen to paramore and I do need to get into their discography. Yeah anyways, i like this song!! It’s gotten better since the listening party. And it’s gotten better since the semi!

20) Larkins - Turkey - There’s something so December 28th about this song. Like i would listen to it then at like 3am while aimlessly scrolling through instagram. However, it’s like March or something. So yeah. But I do like this song…. Ugh. Yeah.., the chorus??? I’m kinda slayed right now.

21) Allison Ponthier - Turkey? - The music video is so good! But this song? Is just okay. Yeah.

22) Ulrikke - Turkey but also not like yeah - Yes kids choice awards! Also stop sending live performances to tsc?? I never like them. Unless they’re funny. Yeah anyways

23) Dr. Peacock - Tofurky. - Namasenda did the crunchy bass better. Stan Namasenda. Someone send Namasenda to TSC challenge. Do that challenge.
1183 days 16 hours ago
Talian
01) 🟠 Apollo Love : the idea was there as I was vibing all along but I feel this was a little too old-sounding. I feel we moved on from this very overproduced dance tracks.

02) 🟡 Madison Beer : it wasn’t bad but all those “run” just killed the mood. Even because basses were on fire and the vocals didn’t match the energy.

03) 🔴 THE BLOSSOM : oh god... this was kinda messy honestly and not in a funny way. Like... the verses are fine but I really can’t get behind that chorus.

04) 🟡 Eivør : the was a cheap side to this but I wasn’t mad at it. Overall the song is good even tho I feel some frills were unasked for. I just wished it was less produced.

05) 🟠 Meg Myers : nothing we haven’t overheard in 2014/2015. It’s not bad but also way to predictable.

06) 🟢 Jake Bugg : not the biggest fan of his tone but wow... this just rocked thru and thru. Loved the choirs, the claps, the little piece after the chorus. Stunning.

07) 🟡 Faouzia & John Legend : wasn’t the best or the freshest song I’ve ever heard but it wasn’t as unbearable as everyone made it up to be. It was a nice song, probably very unoriginal but what can we do?

08) 🟢 Kota Banks : I didn’t know they filmed my Tuesday nights.

09) 🟠 Aitana : teen drama Violeta/Petito Feo Realness. Very outdated. Or I am simply just too old.

10) 🔴 D'allant : i don’t know why but I just can’t get into this draggy kind of songs. I just can’t find them relaxing at all.

11) 🟢 Stark : The drama, mama. THE DRAMA OF IT ALL! Loved the dramatic side of this. Very enjoyable. Probably I needed the instrumental to go progressively more dramatic as well, but they didn’t. But great song nonetheless.

12) 🔴 BUNT. : I don’t really need any more of this dance remixed country songs.

13) 🔴 Chairlift : oh god... this is my fault for sure but this kind of ethereal voices don’t make me feel good.

14) 🟡 TRAMP STAMPS : the verses are fine but I don’t really like the title on the track. I wanted something more after that, kinda feels like it’s lacking a chorus almost.

15) 🟡 sød ven : as before, liked the feeling but felt like if needed a better climax.

16) 🟢 Alina Pash : has anyone seen my wig? I have a show tonight I need it back. But seriously. The sequence here fucked me over hard. Like... the beat, then the choirs, then the spoken part and the drop. I am dead.

17) 🔴 Joey Yung : I am such a cheap whore I am sorry. I just can’t get into these sophisticated songs.

18) 🟠 Sam Creighton : loved the lyrics but the song sounded like a Melania Martinez song. And that just CAN’T do.

19) 🟢 Against The Current : nothing too exciting but it does her job. I was about to send it myself but the chorus kinda stopped me by being a little basic. But it’s just a likable song.

20) 🟠 Larkins : too formulatic for its genre.

21) 🔴 Allison Ponthier : kinda bland. I don’t really know what to say. At this point you know me, I just don’t get along with these sounds.

22) 🔴 Ulrikke : house music is just too old.

23) 🟠 Dr. Peacock : doesn’t stand out in any way imo but they tried making it interesting with these Viking-y vocals.
1183 days 16 hours ago
hellocat
01) Apollo Love - I just absolutely love this opener! It easily had the greatest production of its semi and the only song (to me) that gave me winner vibes! He also reminds me a bit of A'Whora but with a deeper voice, this was great!
02) Madison Beer - I swear she was mentioned a week or two ago but then ended up not being in the contest. I don't understand the hype for her but this wasn't a terrible song. Don't think it will stick in my head but I have no negative feelings against it!
03) THE BLOSSOM - oh this qualified? It has this early 2010 vibes that makes it feel nostalgic in a way but overall this was a weak entry in my opinion. It will have it's audience, but I wouldn't buy a ticket to her show.
04) Eivør - I have a feeling that I've heard this before and I can't put my finger on it. It has this epic and mysterious quality that I love in certain songs, I really enjoyed the guy's voice, very calming and has a bit of a rasp! This was great!
05) Meg Myers - To quote Michelle Visage: "Selfridges - we just look; we don't shop!"
06) Jake Bugg - He's looks like an Inbetweeners reject xD. This was stellar! I really enjoyed his voice and the production just absolutely popped off!. This was a fun but also quite serious song, this is definitely the type of this I'd add on my playlist and listen to, hope he does well tonight!
07) Faouzia & John Legend - I sent Faouzia and nqed with arguably a much better song. I do love Faouzia she absolutely outsells in this, remove John and this might get better marks from me but this wasn't bad, quite like it.
08) Kota Banks - I actually don't know how to feel about this song anymore, it's grown on me a bit but I'm still put off from it a bit. I don't know why but something about it irks me a bit which switches me off from enjoying. It isn't the worst thing I've heard but not something I will be returning to anytime soon. Nana is quite cute aswell.
09) Aitana - I've always never been a fan of Aitana, I don't really understand the love for her as I find her songs quite underwhelming and doesn't really excite me. This in my opinion is one of her better songs but I still find it pretty bland to me. Something I appreciate, but not something I will be adoring.
10) D'allant - This hit in all the right places, I'm normally not into this type of slow k-pop because I find it quite forgettable and it's not something I'd regularly listen to but I just found myself really liking this!
11) Stark - This was a journey and a half. The build up was quite exciting and didn't really disappoint me. I really enjoyed the use of the trumpets in the production and although my one complaint would be that the trumpets did overpower her at times, this was a very great, cool and sassy entrant.
12) BUNT. - This is the type of song in roadtrip scene of the music, or a song that was rejected in The Greatest Showman. You know this was quite good, I really enjoyed the build up and as much as it sounds like the generic dance/electronic avicii song it was quite fun and also felt quite summery to me which I definitely needed.
13) Chairlift - After the previous two songs, it was nice to have quite a chillax song to just pull it all back. The vocals were quite calming and the track as a whole was enjoyable enough to stick in my head. I will certainly remember "I am a moth to ThE flame"
14) TRAMP STAMPS - This was just an absolute stunner of a song! She oozed emotion and I just felt a lot of it, its a sweet little ballad that really hit me unlike other songs in this song. Will definitely be listening to this again and I didn't expect it to be appreciated by TSC so I'm happy that it's getting the recognition it deserves.
15) sød ven - I was waiting for it to go somewhere and I felt it building up and then it gave us the second verse and I was a bit disappointed inside. I did enjoy it, it grabbed my attention, but it wasn't really that strong and it needed some other elements to really lift it in my opinion.
16) Alina Pash - Thank goodness I had subtitles on because it made it even better! I love songs like this because it's slaps in a very cool and strong way, the production was very big and I'm glad the person who sent this took a massive risk. Damn this second half is strong, this really stood out. This will have it's haters, and I'm glad I'm not one of them.
17) Joey Yung - This is going to be the song that the whole of TSC likes except me and it will leave me questioning my taste.
18) Sam Creighton - I'm happy this qualified! I didn't know if this would be appreciated by TSC and I'm quite glad it made it through to the final. Do I think it will do well and stand out? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes and that to me is all that counts
19) Against The Current - Really enjoyed this. The chorus is just a head bop and really elevated the song as a whole. I can only imagine at how amazing this would be live. I'm finding my taste really changing, I'm becoming more of a fan of rock and this was no exception. This was great!
20) Larkins - Apart from the chorus, this song is quite lacklustre. Overall this final is strongest yet this year and this won't stand out in my head, rather forgettable.
21) Allison Ponthier - She knows how to grab your attention because I was hooked since the first note. At a few points I felt like it was losing me and then she just pulled me back into the song. Very happy it qualified.
22) Ulrikke - I've listened to this song many times now and it has aged a bit for me. I like and wish she represented Norway at eurovision 2021 but with a different song xD. Attention outsold.
23) Dr. Peacock - I was very excited for this song because many people seemed to absolutely loved it which sparked my interest and it didn't fail to exceed my expectations. Not my winner but still a great song I'd be happy if it won.
1183 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Apollo Love        a pretty good way to start the contest
02) Madison Beer        what kind of lana knock off
03) THE BLOSSOM        well there's a place for everyone
04) Eivør        this was very plain. it wasn't inoffensive but just plain
05) Meg Myers        yea. no i'm not vibing today
06) Jake Bugg        we really are having a male resurgence in tsc arne't we
07) Faouzia & John Legend        This is an alright ballad. like i haven't willingly listened to it, but every time i hear it i'm like. it's okay
08) Kota Banks        i mean this feels like more beat evangelia
09) Aitana        yea again. i grew out of this genre like 18 years ago
10) D'allant        inoffensive song #1... really ... at least we've moved away from inoffensive songs now if this is the only one
11) Stark        i wanted this to go off instead of just being like idk what the word i'm looking for is. like not bond because it's not that deep... ya know?
12) BUNT.        i mean we're back in like 2011 with this. but it's okay
13) Chairlift        i mean it's a clean vibe. not loving, not hating
14) TRAMP STAMPS        this feels VERY familiar. don't know why but very familiar. don't care for it though
15) sød ven        gurl put me back to sleep
16) Alina Pash        i wish this was more. like it feel like it semi committed to it. the vocals needed to be louder
17) Joey Yung        i really don't want ballads first thing when i wake up but it was alright. like it was an okay ballad, not looking for it
18) Sam Creighton        this feels like clunky lesbian.
19) Against The Current        again... there's a place for everyone
20) Larkins        well... once again no thank you
21) Allison Ponthier        i didn't feel this. from the inoffensive ones this was near the bottom of them
22) Ulrikke        All her other songs were exponentially better
23) Dr. Peacock        this could've been great, if it took the speed down to like .75 or .5
1183 days 14 hours ago
NicoleF
In honor of March Madness, I will be associating each act with a team in the tournament.

01) Apollo Love - Creighton (5 seed) - It's a pick where it's like...I didn't know how well I'd like it, but it was a fun song. Like...it's not winning the tournament, but it'll make it past a couple rounds.
02) Madison Beer - Mount Saint Mary's (16 seed play-in) - Didn't even make it to the main tournament, losing the play-in. Hate this man. Whoever selected to send her has no taste. Trash human, trash artist.
03) THE BLOSSOM - UCLA (11 seed) - It surprised me in a good way and was a nice listen, but it's still not out of this world to win the tournament. An underdog, though, that will shockingly place better than some faves.
04) Eivør - Virginia Tech (10 seed) - It's a good song that definitely deserved it's place in the final.....but it's not my cup of tea.
05) Meg Myers - Morehead State (14 seed) - It's the edgy upset pick to win a game or two, but it wins nothing cause it sucks. The singer is cringey and comes off very try-hard to be "different".
06) Jake Bugg - Kansas (3 seed) - It's a safe pick to go far, but I don't think it'll be my favorite to win. It's good, not great.
07) Faouzia & John Legend - Illinois (1 seed) - It's the overdog that's predicted to win....but it deserves all the predictions of it doing really well because it genuinely is a great song with beautiful vocals.
08) Kota Banks - Baylor (1 seed) - Same shit as Faouzia & John Legend to be honest. I could see this song being a fave to win this week....and I'm not mad with it. It's super catchy and the singer is strangely entrancing.
09) Aitana - Oklahoma (8 seed) - Eh.....it's good enough to win a round but it's extremely average in this "tournament field". Basically the equivalent to a light toot and/or noot.
10) D'allant - BYU (6 seed) - Spoiler alert, UCLA upset BYU in the first round...and that's why I chose BYU. I think this'll be a TSC fave but SURPRISE!!!! I don't like it. UPSET BABY! It's just not for me.
11) Stark - Clemson (7 seed) - Fun song, it's okay, but Jason Derulo outsold if you know what I mean.
12) BUNT. - Oklahoma State (4 seed) - A shockingly great song, especially for it being a man, but this guy's voice is goosebump-inducing when he belts. Honestly, I think it'll do well, but I could see it potentially being a fun, realistic yet slightly shocking win.
13) Chairlift - Iona (15 seed) - Chaotic as fuck, but for no real reason. Like...why is this here? It's not even that good. Focus on other songs....
14) TRAMP STAMPS - USC (6 seed) - Fun song, probably will do okay, but the title is atrocious, and I kinda get tired with it after the first half.
15) sød ven - Norfolk State (16 seed) - I almost fell asleep. Boring. Blah. Cute voice, not for me.
16) Alina Pash - Oral Roberts (15 seed) - A shockingly good song that, from the outskirts, I think none of us expected it to be as good as it is. It's a very experimental song, but, at least for me, it all works for me!
17) Joey Yung - Appalachian State (16 seed play-in) - Another song that shouldn't have made it into the finals. This goes on for way too long and is way too boring.
18) Sam Creighton - Loyola-Chicago (8 seed) - Potential rootable Cinderella story? Yes. The video was off-putting cause I was scared the woman animation was gonna wink or something eventually, but unimportant visuals side....I don't know....I can see this doing shockingly really well. Has great flow. Could be a potential winner although I don't think it's my odds-on favorite to win.
19) Against The Current - Gonzaga (1 seed) - The #1 overall seed for a reason. This is my prediction to win this week....and honestly? It would be deserved.
20) Larkins - Grand Canyon (15 seed) - A first-time team in the tournament-esque vibe. That's what I get from these guys. Like...give them a couple more years and I think they could be better, but for now, they sound generic. I've heard this sound before and it's been done way better.
21) Allison Ponthier - Ohio State (2 seed) - Looks great on paper and on the outside with a cool music video. This is what tricks people into having faith in it, but in reality, it's a disastrously boring song that should flop even though others may not expect it to.
22) Ulrikke - Wichita State (11 seed play-in) - Another team that failed to play in the main tournament bracket. Also the team most felt shouldn't have been in. Ulrikke? Really? An uninspired, boring choice. Live? Risky, but a fail. Shouldn't have made it to finals, shouldn't have even made it past submissions.
23) Dr. Peacock - Georgetown (12 seed) - An annoying submission that you think will make some noise and be shockingly good, but it ends up just being a flop.....
1183 days 14 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) Apollo Love - honestly? kind of a grower. it's a very serviceable, solid 7/10 edm song, KINDA giving me a little chromatica? i'm not exactly HARDCORE stanning but i was bopping all along. i'll say that the spoken word post-chorus/outro is BLISS and elevates the song, very gaga ooh la la moment for him. i like this!

02) Madison Beer - PUT YOUR PAWS UP BEER BELLIES!! i didn't exactly LOVE her album -- kept a few songs and ran tbh -- but i do enjoy her music for the most part. and luckily this is one of the songs i was stanning from said album! it's VERY born to die castoff with 2021 production, which...... i do hate that man lana now but i'll admit i stanned that era. it's a good song, granted it's not boyshit but idk why ppl r making such a big deal out of it. personally i bop

03) THE BLOSSOM - the literal definition of MOTR. i could be they... i could be so gay... you could be anything yet u chose this motr shit????? could you make a good song??? her lisp is honestly grating in the chorus, something about this song is VERY off to me and i can't pinpoint exactly what it is. i'm annoyed

04) Eivør - this is fine actually. i remember not really caring for this in the listening party at all but it's not as bad as i remember it being... that said i wouldn't say i'm stanning it either. i get what it's trying to accomplish but it doesn't quite stick the landing for me? very track 9 on fifty shades freed original soundtrack, not my thing personally but i appreciate that it's a decent song.

05) Meg Myers - hilarious thumbnail aside, i actually had high expectations for this the first time i heard it and... what is this LMAO. i mean it starts off fine enough but that chorus is a bit shit isn't it? the rest of the song fizzled out for me so quickly but i will say i was entertained watching theater kid meg myers prance around on the beach. a lot of lost potential here i can't lie

06) Jake Bugg - ...yikes. as much as i hate to betray the BRITISH community, i can't get behind this. this really has got more and more annoying with each listen. from an objective standpoint i can respect that this is a very FINE, decent inoffensive alt pop song that's probably been used in thousands of nissan car commercials but that's exactly what i hate about this. i tried giving this a shot but i can't say i'm a fan!

07) Faouzia & John Legend - faouzia and john legend are both artists so incredibly dull that i can't be surprised a collab between them even exists... this song sounds EXACTLY like how i'd expect it to sound. safe. boring. boring. dull. boring. BORING! I'M SO BORED! i feel like i should be angrier that this made it out of a semis but this week has made me so numb. i'm gonna listen to green light ft andre 3000 now

08) Kota Banks - LOOOOL. this is a little fun actually. the song itself is a bit on the generic and non descript BUT the lyricism and quotability saves it from being just a random MOTR mimoza style woman. although i don't think i'm ever coming back to this and don't know if i'll even point it, it's a pretty funny song. made points a little

09) Aitana - ughh the MOMENT!! this sounds sooo nostalgic, it truly does feel like a theme song for a spanish teen drama of the mid-00s that i'd watch religiously as a kid. the chorus is so sugary sweet, everything about this is so uplifting and cute aaaahh!!! aitana u ate this up so hard i can't lie. if we're nitpicking not a huge fan of the spoken word bridge but WHO CARES WHEN THAT CHORUS COMES CRASHING RIGHT BACK IN????? THE MOMENT! immediately one of the best songs of the week duh.

10) D'allant - this is soooo cool. the city pop production, the jazzy grooves and this production? i don't expect this to be to everyone's taste but this has really been growing on me. soo cute, the best kind of mood music. really like this!!

11) Stark - ...anddd you killed it. this is just so dull LMAO i'm as much of a slut for trumpets as the other person but they're really the only redeeming quality of this song. this just feels like motr netflix pop... was i supposed to care? i don't care! i really honestly just do not care! honestly this is better in a second listen actually maybe i'm being a BIT harsh but i still stand by my words. it's a very OKAY song i guess.

12) BUNT. - this is honestly pretty inoffensive? i mean, it's literally a carbon copy of "wake me up" by avicii, and i've always thought that song to be inoffensive as well! it's just kinda dated, roblox lobby music. i don't hate it at all, it's pretty tolerable, but it's not exactly the type of music i gravitate towards in 2021. still this is honestly decent for what it is

13) Chairlift - i feel embarrassed i had NO idea miss polachek was in a band prior to this contest LMAOOO. i've made a mental note to check out the rest of their music because honestly i like this quiiite a bit! the production's very groovy and i really had a ton of fun with this. for a song released in 2016 i'm assuming this must've aged like wine. really interesting and very cool!

14) TRAMP STAMPS - oh i can't lie i stan this a lot actually. some of the lyrics are SO bad on here -- i recoil everytime the pre-chorus comes on cause "just a tumblr girl and a skater boy" is really really testing me -- but honestly that chorus is genuinely so good? i also love their polished autotune vocals, i appreciate the lil hyperpop tweaks to this. very corny lyrics at points but i would be lying if i wasn't turned into a tumblr girl in illinois at the end of this song. bop!

15) sød ven - i.. appreciate this more than i actually like it i believe. don't get me wrong, it's a very pretty song, i feel like it'd be perfect breakdown music. i am a sucker for strings actually maybe i lied? this is kinda stun actually. don't know if it's ENOUGH for my top 10 but like i said super pretty song.

16) Alina Pash - oh the absolute SERVEEEE. some really cool production on this song, twas very theatrical and it did remind me of an ukrainian "eat them apples". i've heard this song a couple of times before this contest so it really has had its time to grow on me. batshit in the best way possible, this honestly deserves to win the week even if it's not my favorite song of this week. so good!

17) Joey Yung - again i can appreciate the jazzy feel of this but there isn't a lot to this song that keeps me invested. it's fine but that's about it for me.

18) Sam Creighton - this sounds very discover weekly and pretty non-descript but honestly i like this? which is most definetly because of that chorus which definetly elevates the chorus. again this isn't rocking my songs off but it's a p cute basic bop that's just good enough to fit in my top 10. i might've bopped once or twice in my own free will yes it's true!

19) Against The Current - have you ever been struck by lightning...??? honestly she did what the other girls couldn't. the 00s pop rock/punk revivalism that's currently surfaced (see also: maggie lindemann's paranoia ep) has made me super happy and.... idk i'm obsessed with this on all fronts. DEFINETLY getting paramore, specially 'misery business' which is... one of the best songs of all time DUH. probably my favorite rock influenced song of the week really. an all caps BANGER on all fronts, i can't pinpoint one bad thing about this. incredibly up my alley, so incredibly OBSESSED with this you have no idea. life changing in a way

20) Larkins - i... have all the time in the world for this honestly. while it is a pretty standard alt pop rock/synthy 1975 style song, it's executed in such a way that absolutely makes me STAN. i mean... are we really going to deny that chorus??? that BRIDGE??? yupyup this hits SO hard, exactly the type of white male pop i will defend. STRAIGHT MEN RIGHTS. this is awesome.

21) Allison Ponthier - PLANT. but actually this is a pretty cute song. my world has not been shifted upside down in any way but it's a pretty cute decent song with a little bit of yeehaw twang in it. maybe it'll grow on me but as it stands i like it actually, it's very pwetty and ethereal, i'm just not in LOVE is all i'm saying.

22) Ulrikke - i was surprised to see multiple people tried to send this? it's.... literally just fine. honestly pretty non descript for its own good too. i can see the appeal behind this but it really went in my ear and out the other. OKAY, i GUESS.

23) Dr. Peacock - this was admittedly a fun highlight at the listening party but i feel like that experience really clouded me from how much i actually enjoy this song? it's bonkers, i'll give it that but... it's also not a good song at all LMAO. the novelty wore off quick on this one gals idk what to tell u
1183 days 12 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Apollo Love- The beat does slap I can't lie. I wish it had a more evident chorus but it is still pretty cool
02) Madison Beer- Ok I was ready to hate on this but this was actually kinda cool. Like the chorus wasnt it the first time around but it had already grew on me the second time at the rodeo. I enjoyed this
03) THE BLOSSOM- I feel like a lot of the songs are going this indie direction. Sadly its not my style. This does have a very full chorus which redeems it slightly tho
04) Eivør- I like this type of music but like... this just doesn't do it for me. The verses just dont build this up enough so the whole thing doesnt live up to my expectations
05) Meg Myers- Another song that didnt quite click with me. She will never be known for anything except the girl that covered Running Up That Hill imo. Just not my type of music
06) Jake Bugg- Quite liked this, not too subtle, not too OTT, just the enough strength in the beat, catchiness and good melodies.
07) Faouzia & John Legend- The verses are a non event but the chorus actually has a lot of potential. I just wish the rest was a better lead up... we shall see about this one
08) Kota Banks- I never notice lyrics. But this ones are impossible not to LMFAO SHUT UP AND GIVE ME PASTA FOCACCIA WHAT IS THIS
09) Aitana- Dated poppy rocky songs that actually stands out, sounds like a fucking opening theme for like Violetta. But its fine Alvaro, you can rest easy
10) D'allant- Has the retro trends I have grown to like, well executed, very subtle but well produced. I stan I must say, tho the bridge was far too noisy and busy for me
11) Stark- A bit of a cool orchestra sounds at times. I enjoyed this surprisingly its really special, its soft but at the same time impactful? I dig this.
12) BUNT.- Oh honey not this... the verses are actually quite cool, it just all goes to shit once it hits the chorus and goes all EDM/bagpipe realness
13) Chairlift- This one just feels slightly disjointed from verse to chorus. Idk production wise this isnt very well executed
14) TRAMP STAMPS- This has a bit of a Avril Lavigne 00s feel to it which isnt a bad thing cuz I love her stuff from back then. That being said, I like this, its very simple but very nice
15) sød ven- Very smooth, subtle and relaxing. This is what i wsih Eivor did, something with an actual instrumentation that would carry the song. Very "at night looking at the ceiling wondering about life" type song thats gonna go straight to my depressive playlist
16) Alina Pash- A bit of a tribal feel to this. I appreciate the direction and vibe to it. Some parts felt a tad too cluttered but the atmosphere makes this overall work well
17) Joey Yung- I'm bored honestly. This mellow R&B asian songs all tend to bore me unless they have a ginormous orchestral sense or just have a really good melody I dig. And this has none of those.
18) Sam Creighton- Another pretty basic pop song. Nothing to write home about, pretty forgettable but not as bad as I antecipated from the intro.
19) Against The Current- The hook melody is somewhat catchy. Its the type of rock I'd go for more often then not, not entirely my style but solid nonetheless!
20) Larkins- This one just kinda passed me by. Nothing offensive but rather unremarkable
21) Allison Ponthier- Was actually liking the simplicity in the beggining but then the guitar kicked in and I wish it had remained simple and heartfelt. Not my type of indie stuff, too upbeat, should be more like CLEWS
22) Ulrikke- That's a basic girl bop if I know one and tho the chorus is pretty fucking dated I can't help but stanning. The verses and pre chorus actually highkey slap
23) Dr. Peacock- How this is techno thing qualify holy fucking shit. This is too mental for me I'm sorry it lowkey gives me anxiety
1183 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
01) Apollo Love - TOOT - This was not as good as it should have been, but the song definitely had it's moments and I appreciated it for that.

02) Madison Beer - BOOT - Unsure why boyshit was not sent, this is just a boring song by a basic TSC artist.

03) THE BLOSSOM - BOOT - Yeah I just did not care about this at all, dated and not in a good way.

04) Eivør - TOOT - This was kind of cool I guess, it was a different sort of ballad that kept me interesting. I was not in love though and I don't think I would revisit it.

05) Meg Myers - BOOT - Yeah, not hugely impressed by this, I feel like it tried to go for some modern Kate Bush vibes, and it just wasn't that good.

06) Jake Bugg - TOOT - This would definitely have won in the early 300s of TSC, this is a nice song, very upbeat.

07) Faouzia & John Legend - BOOT - Two icons but I have to boycott.

08) Kota Banks - TOOT - I love pasta, this song is not great, but the lyrics are just fucking gold, like I just can't hate this. Mom jumping on the Italy trend.

09) Aitana - BOOT - This didn't give me anything, like it passed by and I have no opinion on it.

10) D'allant - BOOT - I don't think I could have gave less of a fuck about this honestly.

11) Stark - BOOT - This always felt it was building but nothing of interest really came either, so i'm left underwhelmed.

12) BUNT. - BOOT - Wow, this was like the most unoriginal thing I have ever heard.

13) Chairlift - TOOT - This was really beautiful vocals with a really nice accompanying track, not something that draws me in instantly as it's a little strange but it does endear me.

14) TRAMP STAMPS - BOOT - The mixing on this just didn't work for me, the song in general was quite depressing too.

15) sød ven - TOOT - This was actually super sweet, I don't think it was jaw dropping but quite adorable.

16) Alina Pash - BOOT - I like crazy but this was just too out there even for me.

17) Joey Yung - BOOT - Yeah...I don't get it, hate it, very waiting room music.

18) Sam Creighton - TOOT - Quite cool, it needed to serve with the drop, it didn't, so it's very MOR for me, but I respect it.

19) Against The Current - TOOT - Not my style but it is executed well and it has a nice chorus. I don't love it but I can appreciate it.

20) Larkins - TOOT - A nice production with some nice vocals, mixing some of those current TSC trends in, i like x

21) Allison Ponthier - BOOT - There was an obvious mixing issue as the backing music is way too loud, that kind of killed it for me, even though it did have some nice vibey elements.

22) Ulrikke - BOOT - I would never send a NF reject.

23) Dr. Peacock - BOOT - What Keiino kinda think they are? Anyway, yeah I hate Keiino so this is obviously not up my alley.
1183 days 10 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Apollo Love - Not a bad way to open the final show. It's nothing spectacular by any means, but it has all the elements of a pretty solid tune. Wish the chorus was a bit punchier, but I don't mind this too much overall.
2. Madison Beer - Sounds like a mix of Lana Del Rey and Billie Eilish until the chorus hits. Surprisingly, I prefer this to Boyshit, in general Madison definitely exceeded my expectations with her recent album. Can't complain too much.
3. THE BLOSSOM - Seemingly, a song called 'Shapeshifter' would suggest it would be highly more interesting and bonkers than whatever this is.
4. Eivør - Something about this really BOTHERS me, it reeks of inauthenticity for some reason. I understand what this product is about and what it was going for, but the climax really did not satisfy the buildup it was offering. Ultimately, not as captivating as it'd could have been.
5. Meg Myers - The thumbnail is already a hot mess, but wait until you hear the song from someone who obviously knows to make better music. Not very good I'm afraid.
6. Jake Bugg - This British advert music is the best thing I've heard so far. Whoops, hate to admit that I enjoyed this.
7. Faouzia & John Legend - Faouzia has a great voice. My compliments end here.
8. Kota Banks - This chorus legitimately made me laugh so hard. The song's pretty crap, but I may reward this for both ironic and iconic reasons.
9. Aitana - Wow, Aitana somehow managed to have a song that doesn't suck! That's quite an achievement. Surprisingly pleasant without falling into the boring zone, a genuinely nice pop rock tune.
10. D'allant - This has all the elements that I like, but it completely misses the mark as there's no song to actually back it up. Aimless melodies that don't really know what to do in the context of the production.
11. Stark - I definitely hear the trumpets, that's about the only entertaining thing about this tune.
12. BUNT. - Not sure if I wanna be subjected to this Avicii-lite. It's not horrific, but it's also something I would never willingly go back to.
13. Chairlift - Think Caroline does it much better when she's solo, but the overall product is still pretty decent. It will probably score some points from me considering the state of this contest.
14. TRAMP STAMPS - Some lyrical content in this is extremely cringy. Other than that, this was very basic, inoffensive, and unfortunately rather forgettable.
15. sød ven - Atmospheric, but ultimately not for me.
16. Alina Pash - A bit clunky and messy in terms of the production, but this does offer something completely different in this week's contest. Not sure if this had a chance in a stronger TSC, but I am definitely all for it right now.
17. Joey Yung - She is a very big figure in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, the music that the casuals like in that region sounds just about like this entry.
18. Sam Creighton - Pretty generic, but it's executed well enough for me to actually care about it. Decent pick.
19. Against The Current - Definitely reminiscent of early Paramore which I am absolutely here for. This was much needed this week.
20. Larkins - Nothing special, but it's alright which is definitely a lot more than I can say for most of the songs this week.
21. Allison Ponthier - It's cute, nothing to write home about though. It drags way too much towards the end.
22. Ulrikke - Dated EDM sound executed somewhat well, but there's no denying Ulrikke is capable of much better things.
23. Dr. Peacock - Objectively terrible, but it's so fucking hilarious what a car crash this is. I have definitely never experienced anything like this before. Whew, what a way to finish this contest.
1183 days 10 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) Apollo Love - This was okay. Nothing special, but not bad. I got into it at the end but it was a little late. Is this edm? I dont even know.

02) Madison Beer - You don’t know how badly I wanted to hate this song because everyone is always stanning her. But I really enjoyed it. It was soft, but super cute. Love love love.

03) THE BLOSSOM - This is quite messy and all over the place, but it’s a bop that I’m into.

04) Eivør - This was unique and I thought it was very well put together. Not really my type of thing that I would listen to, but I appreciated it.

05) Meg Myers - Loved this! Super well done, good production, dark but catchy at the same time, I could feel this song. I could.

06) Jake Bugg - I wanted to stan my fellow Jake B but this was super boring and really sucked ass. This gave me nothing.

07) Faouzia & John Legend - Oh I stan John Legend. I’m sure people will hate on this, but this was very pretty. They are both extremely talented and this sounds like it was used for some romance movie, but I loved it.

08) Kota Banks - This song annoyed me at first, but it picked up and I was definitely boppin at the chorus. Fun.

09) Aitana - Mm okay that’s a bop right there. The beat was so good, it was super fun and upbeat. Non english aint usually my thing but this was it.

10) D'allant - This sounded very dated and her voice was SQUEAKY in my opinions. I found it annoying.

11) Stark - This was weird to me. It was kinda all over the place. It was dark, but somewhat poppy at the same time. Didn’t love it.

12) BUNT. - Okay, I actually liked this a lot! It sounds like some radio male pop I’ve heard 100 times before, but that’s fine by me. The lyrics were strong and honestly the music video was enjoyable. I loved the scenic trip I cannot lie. This does feel like it could be made for some boring fucking movie, though.

13) Chairlift - This sounds extremely dated pop, but it was quite soothing and I was into it. I could listen to this over and over again.

14) TRAMP STAMPS - Pretty song, high-school drama vibes which took it down a notch but I liked it.

15) sød ven - This song like mesmerized me. It was very soft, but damn this pulled me in. It was soothing, but you could feel the emotion in the song, I’m kind of obsessed with this. The lyrics were beautiful. He sang one note throughout the entire song, but it did work for me this time.

16) Alina Pash - This was fucking bad. This was like HELLA annoying and I could not even get through it. It was just weird.

17) Joey Yung - This was okay. Just very boring. Nice voice, though.

18) Sam Creighton - Hated this mess.

19) Against The Current - Well rounded bop. I really enjoyed this.

20) Larkins - Okay this was a bop. Soft, but picked up and was very well done. Strong lyrics. I preferred it on my first go around, though. Now there are too many songs similar to it.

21) Allison Ponthier - Before I even listened, I felt like I was getting Chappell Roan vibes and I was very wrong. I’m so sorry to insult you Queen Roan. This song suck- and then I get to the midpoint of this song and I actually start to bop to it very hard. It really was a change of pace I think the background music at the start was too overpowering, but this song was fun and I liked the video. Aged like wine.

22) Ulrikke - I do hate when people submit live performances rather than studio recordings. The song was decent, it will definitely be borderline for me.

23) Dr. Peacock - What the fuck? This was definitely an END to the semi. This was just wow. No words.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!