This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 429 Final

Topic » TSC 429 Final

1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
14) TRAMP STAMPS - "1-800-miss-ur-guts"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
15) sød ven - "comatose"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
16) Alina Pash - "BOSORKANYA"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
17) Joey Yung - "Gone with the Flare"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
18) Sam Creighton - "Smile"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
19) Against The Current - "weapon"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
20) Larkins - "TV Dream"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
21) Allison Ponthier - "Cowboy"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
22) Ulrikke - "Falling Apart"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
23) Dr. Peacock - "Trip to Valhalla"
1164 days 2 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
ALL 23 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Please post your comments below and mail me your votes by Sunday, 21st March at 7:30PM GMT / 3:30PM EST. Results will follow around 30 minutes later.

If you qualified to the final you MUST vote. Otherwise you do not have to vote but are welcome to do so if you wish.

Good luck!
1164 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
01) Apollo Love - Wow, this is pretty immediately captivating. The production is slick, and his vocal performance is strong. I wish the song went off slightly harder, but this is exactly the type of song I gravitate toward naturally. I've been mourning the loss of Kiara Jones in the semi-finals but this just restored my faith in TSC. Well done!
02) Madison Beer - You've done fucked up. Boyshit was a potential winner. This was lucky to qualify IMO. One of my problems with this is that it sounds like an unreleased Lana song. The song itself feels confused, and I don't quite like the slight EDM vibes in the chorus. For me this sadly falls flat.
03) THE BLOSSOM - This is fine, but I think there have been stronger executions of female-led pop-rock in recent weeks!
04) Eivør - The semi-final had a mix of similar slower and mid-tempo songs, but this one really stood out for me personally. Her vocal is gorgeous and the instrumental is equally as stunning. In fact their voices pair so well. I adore everything about this! Certainly one of my favourites.
05) Meg Myers - I was torn on this, but it wasn't until the second chorus that I decided that I indeed liked it. The song has a strong instrumental, and the chorus is equally as strong. Her vocal is also distinctive enough that it adds a lot of character to a song that otherwise could have felt soulless with any other singer. I enjoyed this.
06) Jake Bugg - I don't like his voice, but the production is good. I think there's been stronger execution of this type of dark, edgy male pop in TSC, but I liked it nonetheless.
07) Faouzia & John Legend - I won't lie, I think the only reason this song qualified is because of name recognition alone. Faouzia is no doubt a powerful singer, but in my opinion this is one of her weakest songs. I'm not a fan of duets in general, but I'm not sure how much stronger this would be if it was performed by Faouzia alone. I just don't care for the song very much.
08) Kota Banks - There are aspects to this I like (mostly the pre-chorus), but the song itself feels so incredibly hoochie and not in a good way. I didn't care for this.
09) Aitana - I almost think I prefer her Latin music. This felt so watered down and bland. I think I've listened to it three times by now and I can't remember the melody for the life of me. Meh.
10) D'allant - This is quite possibly the biggest pleasant surprise of the contest. The melody is lovely, and I love how delicate her voice sounds. It's just a pleasant listen.
11) Stark - Hm, a grower. I didn't care for this in the semi-final but it sounds a lot better on second listen. I still think the song leaves something to be desired, but the instrumentation is the highlight of this for me and quite frankly, that's enough to win me over.
12) BUNT. - Smith & Thell? These songs are very hit or miss for me but this feels TOO much like Smith & Thell for me to take seriously. If it had a more meaningful chorus I think I would have come around to it, but I can't with the Avicii breakdown. Then Lindsey Stirling starts to play her violin omg. Maybe it's not bad, but I can't imagine this song having a long shelflife.
13) Chairlift - I'm so happy for Caroline Polachek. She deserves to be here. This was quirky, but also very musical. This was an engaging listen - I really enjoyed it.
14) TRAMP STAMPS - This sounds like a better version of Aitana's song, but I'm still struggling to connect with it. These nostalgic, Avril-esque throwback songs just aren't doing it for me lately.
15) sød ven - The vocal sounds a bit too high-pitched for my liking, but the instrumental is gorgeous. I wish the song had more of a climactic final minute, but it built well nonetheless.
16) Alina Pash - This is one of the clear standouts so far. It's haunting, and I've come to appreciate that vocal style a lot. I do think it's missing a chorus, but there was enough going on to keep me engaged nonetheless.
17) Joey Yung - I've said this before: this kind of music is pleasant enough and I appreciate it for what it is, but it's not for me at all. This made me want to go to sleep.
18) Sam Creighton - This is fine. It's a pretty standard pop song. I wish it was serving more, so for that it gets a soft toot.
19) Against The Current - I promise I like rock music but none of the rock-adjacent songs are necessarily doing it for me this edition. This is FINE, but also feels dated and I'm just struggling to connect with it.
20) Larkins - Probably the best rock-adjacent entry this week, but likely due to the addition of some synths throughout. The chorus is killer. First song to give me serious winner vibes. Well done!
21) Allison Ponthier - I said that this week was her charity contest but I hope I'm wrong because I find this really boring. The first verse is fine, but I don't like the descent into yee-haw territory. Of course I should have seen the country chorus coming considering the song title, but it still caught me off guard. I'm just not a fan of this.
22) Ulrikke - I wish she had entered MGP with this song. I doubt she would have won, but it would have given me some hope. There isn't anything particularly special about it, but it's a really fun, catchy song. The chorus is incredibly catchy. Love it!
23) Dr. Peacock - This song is a total trip OMG. The journey I went on while listening to it. But in all seriousness, this gives me chills. His voice is haunting. The descent into an EDM drop is really random LMAO but I don't hate it. Good closer!
1164 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
im only here for dr peacock
1164 days ago
jacksonjoseph99
i’ll be starting a new rating system titled: HEAT, NEAT, or BEAT. we’ll see if i do this going forward!

01) Apollo Love - NEAT; i like the production and his voice is nice. the second verse is sorta where i begin to get lost with this song though, and it becomes a bit too repetitive and draggy for me to stan

02) Madison Del Rey - HEAT; the fact that this “music video” is just a compilation of clips from a shite movie is funny. anyways, i like madison beer but this album was a mess, although this is one of the few i really enjoyed from it. the chorus is cool as hell, the production is nice, too. it’s no boyshit but i still really enjoy this song

03) THE BLOSSOM - NEAT; these are… lyrics! i’m not exactly gravitated toward to this but i do admit that it gets better as the song progresses. the chorus is pretty fire i just kinda don’t have any major attachment to this song

04) Eivør - BEAT; this song starts pretty boring. like her voice is pretty weak? and the production is dull? pretty predictable explosion into a chorus that isn’t TERRIBLE but is pretty plain. then this asegir guy kinda pops off for 20 seconds before the girl takes the beat over that she now very CLEARLY can’t control because the featured artist is outshining her by a few million miles… yeah this is just dull

05) Meg Myers - BEAT; my original comment for this song opened with “this girl is a weirdo” and i stand by that. what is this song supposed to be?? she seems to be chanting to try to evoke some sort of passion but it comes across more comedic than anything. like this really does border on a troll entry for me but i can’t get through it. sorry

06) Jake Bugg - BEAT; as much as i love my Verizon Wireless Smartphone, i don’t exactly care for music that sounds like it was made for a commercial for my smartphone. the gospel here is random, i find his voice annoying, and i just find it getting worse and worse throughout

07) Faouzia & John Legend - BEAT; i will be totally honest, as talented as both of these people are, the minute i see john legend, i immediately lose interest. and my girl faouzia wasn’t doing much here either. this song really does just become a riff off where they see who can do the most nonsensical vocal riffs when they could have probably given us really polished, nice harmonies. wasted potential, sad!

08) Kota Banks - NEAT; i mean this song is hysterical but i unironically prefer it to a majority of this week’s songs LOL. like, gimmicky lyrics aside, this melody is catchy? as an italian i have no choice but to support my friend kota and hope her side of foccacia does well this week

09) Aitana - HEAT; this melody has been stuck in my head since the listening party!!! i think this is so cute and fun. we’ve had a lot of nostalgic-sounding (pop-)rock this week and this is one of the ones that does it the best imo. do i think it needed the last chorus? no, but it stopped right before it began to drag and i appreciate that. thank you, aitana!

10) D'allant - BEAT; i appreciate this sound, but i would appreciate if there was a more dramatic shift in the music/melody, because it felt very one-note to me even though it is like an objectively pretty sounding song. like yes, we get a key change, but it doesn’t really do much, and the otherwise ethereal feeling i would have gotten from this song kinda got discounted due to the pretty annoying jazz-y piano riffs that happen every few lines

11) Stark - NEAT; the funny thing is the worst part about this song for me is the trumpets, they sound so melancholic and for what! her voice is really strong and kinda carries this away from being a BEAT. i wish this wasn’t super loud lol, there are a lot of halfway good components leading to a halfway good song

12) BUNT. - BEAT; rip avicii and all of that but this sounds exactly like wake me up & the only good thing about that song (other than the drop the first 10 times i heard it) is the incredible vocals from aloe blacc. this guy is SCREAMING for no reason and it does not sound pleasant at all. removes any sort of magic this song could have potentially had

13) Chairlift - HEAT; i am proud to say i was a chairlift stan before i was a caroline polachek stan! this is one of their messier songs but, especially this week, i appreciate its sort of out-of-the-box-ness. i’m dancing in my seat & even though it’s repetitive, it doesn’t DRAG for me, which is a win. i also have bias toward caroline, sorry

14) TRAMP STAMPS - HEAT; i, for one. am really loving this nostalgic rock sound that seems to be pretty prevalent in TSC this year & this is my favorite example of it so far. i normally hate these kind of aw-high-school lyrics but from the layered vocals & subtle harmonies, to the actual nostaglic instrumental tying it all in, i really appreciate this. i get the nasty cherry comparisons but as a nasty cherry stan i can honestly say this is way more consistent than any nasty cherry song LMAO. also loving the hyperpop nibbles we get in the chorus

15) sød ven - HEAT; i appreciate this. beautiful vocals, there’s a cool, almost haunting, side of this song we see in the strings. i don’t necessarily consider this boring, like at all, but i don’t really have too much to say. just a very, very pretty song from the vocals, to the production, to the lyrics.

16) Alina Pash - HEAT; this is eat them apples’ younger sister and absolutely no one can change my mind on that. idk which i prefer but this is sick, i feel really captivated by a lot of the aspects of this, namely the production which goes HARD. i definitely want to hear more from this artist, i’m a fan! 

17) Joey Yung - BEAT; i feel like this takes a lot of time and doesn’t really take me anywhere, sonically. kind of sounds more like a musical theater song than anything, and that is not my cup of tea at all. pretty vocals but that’s really it for me

18) Sam Creighton - NEAT; this is a pleasant listen, as dated as this sounds. lyrically, this is a damn mess. like a DAMN mess. that being said, this is probably my favorite chorus this week, at least sonically. i love the throwback to 2000s R&B and she maintains a really nice tone throughout. i just really wish the lyrics were different, it’s holding me back from stanning

19) Against The Current - HEAT; the lead singer of this was a big youtuber back in the early-mid 2010s, and i loved them but haven’t heard them in forever. i don’t agree with the paramore comparisons, this kind of has its own sound that i respect, i don’t really know what other group i’d compare it to. nice use of a strong-ish pop melody with a really great rock instrumental. very solid entry

20) Larkins - HEAT; this genre is very much for me, so i can look past the fact that this is a very generic sounding indie rock. a pleasantly surprisingly strong lyrical entry for this genre, and i adore this chorus. his voice is really nice, too. AWESOME bridge, too. this is a really strong entry for this genre, and as someone who loves this kind of music, i’m happy! has aged a lot better since the semi listen

21) Allison Ponthier - NEAT; this song has lived rent free in my recommendations on youtube for a week or 2 now & clearly the payola is paying off (150k views in a week? 459 subscribers?). her label is clearly pushing her to be the next big thing and i get the appeal, as this is a very pleasant listen. but, i can’t lie, there’s nothing really pulling me into loving this song. i can recognize that it’s good, but especially for an artist who is being given so much backing, i expected more! more than anything, i’m just confused at the melodic structure of this, it feels very free verse which makes it hard for this to be a real earworm

22) Ulrikke - NEAT; oh, this is cute! i just don’t really have much to say about this, like i enjoy the beat and her voice is strong but, re: a lot of my neats, i just don’t know if i’m the target audience / it’s not landing in stan territory. no fault of hers, though, she’s very talented !

23) Dr. Peacock - i can’t give this song a heat, neat, OR a beat. this song is like all in one. it’s funny that this song is called trip to valhalla because this is what i imagine tripping on molly laced with fent is like! i’ll be honest, this type of super aggressive edm doesn’t always land with me, but when it lands, it LANDS. and i honestly really enjoy the last 2 minutes of this LMAO. like i could head bang heavy to this song. is this song my cup of tea for a lot of occasions? or, really any occasion? i don’t know. i’m not sure. but this song has been embedded in my mind since the first listen and honestly very few other songs in this final can relate… it’s just so fucking crazy that i have to respect it

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!