This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final..

1195 days 7 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Yaseniya- Eurovision-ish clubby
02) The Honest Vocal Coach- This stands out so that’s a huge plus. Simply stands out from being here haha
03) LIZOT- I do like this. so much feeling urself in this.
04) Jackie Castro- Gouda. Catchy and nice lyrics.
05) mxmtoon- This makes me emotional and sounds so perfect. The chords and the vocal effects, everything is a 10/10. I’m proud of submitting this and fever dream truly has never become “old” for me. AHhhhhhhh! love it.
06) Bree Runway- I remember it. I don’t love the genre but it’s memorable and the apeshit part is quite fun!
07) Sasha Lopez- A little mmm, but pleasant and playable in a setting w/ friends, so that’s really good.
08) Cobi- I wanted to like it MORE… but I still liked it for what it was.
09) Weird Genius- Coming from a genre that really isn’t “me,” this hits very well and I would listen to it again. Apart from some very hype sections, I really locked into it.
10) Kazka- Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh not bad but it’s really not my kinda thing
11) St. Vincent- The first song I ever heard by her, and one of her best. I adore New York forever.
12) Izzy Bizu- I can totally see why this won. It’s retro vintage 80s poppy. I wish her voice was more distinct maybe but it’s 5sure appealing.
13) Grimes & i_o- When this came out, i was so intrigued. I still get intrigued even though I know what’s coming. This entire album is so interesting, but you picked a very big anthemic song and it’s awesome.
14) Julianna Karaulova- That drop before the chorus is quite cool
15) Kiesza- Song is like a ray of sunshine
16) BVNDIT- Kpop aint my thing, but this is listenable
17) renforshort- I quite liked it! everything pointed to me downloading it on Spotify
18) Zoe Wees- It was heartfelt… possibly TOO much so for my liking but she was sweet
19) Ulrikke Brandstorp- The “Play With” was a double edged sword of catchy and repetitive but, either way, I can’t get it out of my head!
20) CXLOE- Liking this WAY more than I did when it won. I’m reallllly liking it a lot more. It’s pretty unique and dark.
21) Manal- It had lots of pep but I wanted a bit more solid melody and smoother sounds
22) Holly Humberstone- Beautiful. Sleep on her too much. She’s awesome and this is a breath of fresh air wowww.
23) Ana Guerra- Fun! Something that also isn’t what I’d normally gravitate to, but I can appreciate it
24) Dua Lipa- She released such a great album. I stand by this not being among her Future Nostalgia best, but it’s still good.
25) Ariana and the Rose- It was poppier than I usually get behind but it was also very infectious!
26) Cookiee Kawaii- This is so chill and vibey. I wish it lasted longer.
27) Zivert- It set more of a background vibe tbh
28) The Chainsmokers- Chainsmokers are my basic group that I love! This is solid because it’s by them, naturally.
29) Winona Oak- She always releases stellar, quality songs. No exception here.
30) COY- A catchy bop with hints of haunting qualities. Just could do with a diff vocal maybe, but it’s nice.
1195 days 6 hours ago
VanessaFeltz
Yaseniya: There are better eastern european bops around

The Honest Vocal Coach: Didn't she pretend to be a psychic and scam people out of money? LOL.

LIZOT: Very saucy number

Jackie Castro: It bored me

Mxmtoon: Living for this. Great song

Bree Runway: Again? Alright her song in semi 2 wasn't that good. Neither is this

Sasha Lopez: Nope. Sat there stone faced waiting for it to end

Cobi: This is the week I left for a bit. I missed out. This is good

Weird genius: It went from 0 to 100 really fast

Kazka: SNOOZE

St Vincent: Very emotional!

Izzy Bizu: I wanted more from this. It has potential but never went there for me.

Grimes & i_o: Come through Grimes. Big Grimes fan so love this

Julianna Kraulova: It was the same springy sound over and over

Kiesza: basic and dull

BVINDIT: oh no this is bad for my ears

renforshort: 12th? This deserved top ten at the very least!

Zoe Wees: She has a very nice voice

Ulrikke Brandstrop: Wasn't she in Eurovision? Decent song

CXLOE: Could be by anyone. No real personality

Manal: shaking my booty to this

Holly Humberstone: What a snoozefest

Ana Guerra: Obviously amazing! You will probably see her more in 2021 if I bother to enter more contests

Dua Lipa: Great album and great song

Ariana and the rose: Remember this. It's amazing!

Cookiee Kawaii: A serve if ever there was one

Zivert: meh does nothing for me

The Chainsmokers: This exists

Winona Oak: I wanted more from this

COY: The last songs in this semi have been dire
1195 days 5 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) Yaseniya - I loved the sexual energy I got from this song. I was feeling it.
02) The Honest Vocal Coach - LOL I actually love this queen and watch her videos from time to time, but maybe she should stick to coaching! She actually has a good voice, but it was just boring.
03) LIZOT - Loved everything about this. Good chorus and good energy, I was feeling it.
04) Jackie Castro - LOL I loved this at the time, but it really has aged like milk. Just a boring, bland pop song with nothing special about it.
05) mxmtoon - This is sweet and smooth. Very cute, I liked it. Could've used a little bit more UMPH. But I did like it a lot.
06) Bree Runway - It's alright, but it's not really my thing it's just doing too much.
07) Sasha Lopez - Not a fan of this. Definitely not bad, but it's just a bore to me. I was waiting for it to pick up and it just never happened.
08) Cobi - Okay I actually liked this a lot. I didn't expect to, but I have a thing for male pop entries and this was really good. It gave me Hozier vibes.
09) Weird Genius - I hated everything about this.
10) Kazka - I'm just bored.
11) St. Vincent - I liked this at the time and I still adore it! It's so beautiful. I wish it had a little more energy, but I do like it a lot.
12) Izzy Bizu - I was never a big fan of this song, I know a lot of people like it but I found it to be more annoying.
13) Grimes & i_o - This was really unique and I was very intrigued! It's not my type of thing, but I can appreciate it.
14) Julianna Karaulova - Hate.
15) Kiesza - I liked this, but I didn't love it. It had a good chorus, but other than that I found it to be a little slow.
16) BVNDIT - This was annoying.
17) renforshort - This was slow and I was waiting for something and it never came. Meh.
18) Zoe Wees - BOP. This was one of my first weeks in TSC and I absolutely love this! It's so beautiful.
19) Ulrikke Brandstorp - When I see a SeaViper entry I expect something more, I just didn't like this AND it wasn't funny. :(
20) CXLOE - Liked this a lot. This was before my time but I can see why it won, a little basic but I like it.
21) Manal - Not a fan of this, I found it to be annoying and too all over the place.
22) Holly Humberstone - Goddess, but I preferred her other entry, this one was a little too dull for me.
23) Ana Guerra - Wasn't a fan of this.
24) Dua Lipa - OKAY, the song is okay, definitely not one of her best, but this entry is just soooo boring like I'm asleep.
25) Ariana and the Rose - I was sick when this one I hated it so much please stop I can't listen.
26) Cookiee Kawaii - I expected this to have a little bit more energy...it didn't really do it for me.
27) Zivert - Liked this a lot. It had a cool mysterious vibe to me I loved the background vocals.
28) The Chainsmokers - I know the chainsmokers get a lot of hate, but this really is a bop! So catchy. Love Bebe.
29) Winona Oak - Never really got the hype from this song or Winona, I wanted more.
30) COY - This was really pretty. It was basic, but I did like it a lot.
1195 days 5 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. Yaseniya - Absolute bop, iconic goddess, and a deserving ESCT winner that still hasn’t gotten old.

2. The Honest Vocal Coach - No <3

3. LIZOT - In all honesty, I know that this is objectively a really solid song and I can see the appeal, but there’s just something about it that’s really off-putting for me.

4. Jackie Castro - I feel like Jake had better entries in first half, but this is enjoyable. Lovely vocal kind of carries the song on its back.

5. mxmtoon - This was second in my unfinished ranking of the year so obviously I adore it. Hasn’t aged a day for me and it’s such a refreshing listen.

6. Bree Runway - I don’t see the appeal of Bree Runway, I really don’t. It’s mediocre rap that doesn’t really mean much, but it’s also very homosexual so I guess I get it.

7. Sasha Lopez - I don’t remember this for some reason? I wish I did because it’s really good. Grabs you from the beginning and doesn’t really let go, even through the long instrumentals.

8. Cobi - YES! This SERVE! The way the vocal cuts right through the piano is just so good. Awesome performance, great production, solid melody.

9. Weird Genius - Another iconic TSC entry. Amazing drop, really solid melody, and I love the Eastern vibes of the instrumental really just get me every time.

10. KAZKA - Yet another example of Alexeh being consistently underappreciated in both ESCT and TSC. This is such a great song and it really should have AQd in ESCT.

11.  St Vincent - I remember really enjoying this when it was first sent, but now I’m just not feeling it

12. Izzy Bizu - This hasn’t aged amazingly, but it still opened the door for some really solid R&B entries later in the year, so we can’t really deny its impact.

13. Grimes & i_o - I still firmly believe Grimes has never released a good song <3

14. Julianna Karaulova - Decent trash pop, but I kinda wish it had really popped off more.

15. Kiesza - Oh yes. This is such a serve, her voice is great, and overall it’s just a bop.

16. BVNDIT - Patrick, you know I love you, but this just isn’t it. You had better, and BVNDIT has better.

17. renforshort - It’s decent, but the buildup doesn’t resolve in a way that really feels fulfilling. Combine that with the fact that Lighters was RIGHT THERE, and it’s just very underwhelming.

18. Zoe Wees - YES YES YES. This woman just fucking shot me and left me for dead and I’m here for it.

19. Ulrikke Brandstrop - Bland. Boring. Next.

20. CXLOE - Everything about this is so good. The layered vocals, the production, everything.

21. Manal - What a queen, iconic serve.

22. Holly Humberstone - OMG another icon! This song is so mesmerizing, and it just doesn’t let go.

23. Ana Guerra - I just feel nothing. I’m left numb.

24. Dua Lipa - Why did this win again? It’s literally one of her worst songs.

25. Ariana and the Rose - Another one that I don’t personally like but I can see the appeal of.

26. Cookiee Kawaii - No thanks, I’m good <3

27. Zivert - That’s my MOM, America! I love this bop and I’ll stan it until the day I die.

28. The Chainsmokers - Pretzel why would you send this ABOMINATION twice? Once was too many

29. Winona Oak - YES DREAMCATCHER SLAY ME YE- wait this isn’t the best entry of the year? I mean it’s decent, but like… you had Scream RIGHT THERE.

30. COY - Something about this just feels very gross, idk why.
1195 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
hi
1195 days 4 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
you.
can't.
see.
what.
i.
S̴̔̌͜͜Ȩ̵̢̱͆̽̌͋̈̌̕̚͝E̸̼̰̣̳̦̎̔̽̈́͗͊̀̒̓E̵̡̢͎̗̼͔͍͉̐̃͂̂̾͜Ę̵̧͚̟̣̟͉̰̄Ę̸̓͗͐̇̓̉́E̵̛̥̼̩̣̎̓̅̉͆͋̋̚͝E̷͔̰̐̔̓̌̕̚͜͝ͅȨ̸̯̤̓̈̀̃Ẽ̷̛͕̂̎̾͘̚͘É̵͍͖͕͕̍Ȩ̸̜͚̭̳̥̙̯́̎͐̋̌͑E̷̪̗̤̳̹̲͖̩̹͛̍̓͝E̷̡̡̧̥̾̓E̴̡̳̼͖̲̰͊̄̑͝Ȇ̴̛͔̯̻͍͎̠̓͋̆̏̊͂͝E̵̼̅̏̆́͗̄̓̅E̷͚̟͖͓̣̹̩̒͒̊͗̂̌͜͠͝Ĕ̶͎͑̿̿͂̑̿̕Ȩ̵͍͈̠͈͎͉̤̻̥͗̒̔̑̓̃E̷̮͉͙͙̠̳̲͗̌̈́̍̅̅͒͗͗E̸̢̜̝̳̦̱͖͐͂́͋͗͜͜Ė̵̱̭̬̝͠ͅḚ̷͂̏͛̑̓̇͐͌̚Ȩ̴̧̨͎̤̥̳̄͌̆E̷̤̟̜̳͆͊̇́́͌͆̈́E̴̡̛͇͚̦̻̜̪̊͐͆͛͌̀̄̀E̴̦̜̻͈̮̾̀̉̽͆̓̇̕E̷̡̧̡̛̞̻̹̗͊͊̉̓̊̈͊̈́̉͜Ḗ̵͈̻͉̫̖̬͈̜͍̓̃͋̐̌͛É̵̡̨̩̬͔̠̫͔̠͆̄͂́̏͝E̶͙̎ͅḘ̷͚͍͓͋͛̂̒̄̌̍Ḙ̷̼͖͆̓̆͂͒Ë̸̟̳͇̝́̽̈́̾̚E̷̛̳̯̟͚͉̬̜̣̿͂̽̔̐͌̚Ẹ̴̤̰̐̐̋͝E̶̳͓̰͖͍̻̣̣̗̓́̈́̽̊͠Ĕ̷̡̹̳̾Ê̵̻̖͈̩͊̒̐͝ͅͅȨ̸̼͇͈͕̬̐͊̔̆̄̈́͌̂͂̚E̷̤̿͒̋
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b0a32e_bbf810f70adf4a379072bfd36bcb9952~mv2.gif/v1/fit/w_300,h_300,al_c,q_80/file.gif
1195 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
Before we begin with the results I must address the five disqualifications in this semi-final. The following players failed to vote, meaning their songs are disqualified.

DanielKennedy111 - COY
dragotistic - Cobi
Lachie227 - St. Vincent
LoveMeLoveMe - Weird Genius
Natepresnell - The Chainsmokers

Some of these would have qualified, some of them would not, all will be revealed next week after the grand final results.
1195 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
In spite of this, we DO have a valid result, and the top 14 songs from this semi final will qualify to the grand final.

Who's excited??
1195 days 4 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
this isn't right coy was gonna win the entire thing what's happening
1195 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
The first qualifier is....
Yaseniya!!
1195 days 4 hours ago
LornaHollas
Will HVC be a shock qualifier?
1195 days 4 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
interesting
1195 days 4 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
NO COBI :(
1195 days 4 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
1195 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
The second qualifier is...
Zivert!!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!